I've changed the title of this thread from "Comic Book Sales Trends in 2016" because I keep coming back to it.

My friendly neighborhood comics shop, Fantom Comics of Washington, DC, breaks down what sold at the store in 2016. This information, of course, applies only to the one store, but it's still interesting reading: "2016 In Review – A Comic Book Shop Talks Comic Book Sales Trends"

Views: 1865

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Marvel's president, Jim Galton, initially passed on the deal? Because DC's books weren't selling, so “those characters must not be any good”?

bang head photo banghead.gifbang head photo banghead.gifbang head photo banghead.gifbang head photo banghead.gif

A visit to Comichron.com tells me that DC's best selling book for July was DCeased #3; a non continuity elseworlds tale   At 132,072 copies, It was outsold only by Hickman's X-Men books in July.

DC's big blockbuster book, Event Leviathan # 2 was much further down the list and sold only 53,334 copies.  Go figure!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2019   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service