Oh, guys, I'm so sorry.

I was answering questions on my tablet tonight instead of my laptop, and as I thought I was posting the answers, I hit something that said I wanted to delete the whole thread. And since it was waiting on me to post, and I wasn't used to doing this on the tablet, I clicked OK. And then it stalled, I realized what I'd done, and hit Cancel! Cancel! as often as I could...but it was too late. The thread was gone -- not just the post, but the entire thread -- and I don't see any way of bringing it back. I'm going to email Ning's support team to see if there's any way of retrieving it, but I think it's gone. 

In the meantime, all I can do is apologize profusely. Using my laptop, before I do any more damage. I'm so sorry, guys. Believe me when I say I'm mortified.

I'll recap the questions I've been asked down below, so we can proceed, but hopefully I'll get word from Ning on whether anything can be done in the next day or so. 

Rob

OK, since Luke had the foresight to keep a copy of the rules handy, I can reproduce them here...in bold!

I thought this game might work. The player holding the chair selects a character. The challenge for the other players is to guess who the character is. They get twenty questions.

All questions have to have to be framed so as to allow the answer "Yes" or "No". The chair can give extra information if he or she chooses, and frame an appropriate response if neither answer fits.

Players may only ask a fifth consecutive question if four hours have passed since their last one. (Since the guess, not the answer.) The first player to guess the answer takes the chair.

Only characters that have made at least two appearances are eligible. So Franklin Storm is, but not Tomazooma. Only characters that first appeared in US comic books are eligible. So not Captain Britain, Dick Tracy, Tarzan, Thor.

(revisions made to rules)

Views: 4728

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Is the character male?

2) Yes

Rob Staeger (Grodd Mod) said:

Is the character male?

Is the character a hero?

Is the character a member of a team?

Is the character super-powered?

Is the character from DC?

3) Most of the time

4) Yes

5) Yes

6) No

Randy Jackson said:

Is the character a hero?

Is the character a member of a team?

Is the character super-powered?

Is the character from DC?

Is it a Marvel character?

Was the character created in the Silver Age?

7) Yes

8) No

Randy Jackson said:

Is it a Marvel character?

Was the character created in the Silver Age?

Was the character created before 1985?

9) Yes

Rob Staeger (Grodd Mod) said:

Was the character created before 1985?

Is the character Terran?

10) Depending on your point of view, either all or half.

Randy Jackson said:

Is the character Terran?

Is it drax the destroyer?

11) No

Randy Jackson said:

Is it drax the destroyer?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Latest Activity

Captain Comics replied to John Dunbar's discussion Marvel and DC Golden, Silver, and Bronze Age collections
"Fantagraphics lists Carl Barks Library Vol 27 for September!"
45 minutes ago
Richard Willis replied to Cavaliere (moderator emeritus)'s discussion What are you watching right now?
"I'm adding the Carlin doc to my tobewatched list."
1 hour ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Wandering Sensei: Moderator Man's discussion What Comic Books Have You Read Today?
"DC: THE NEW FRONTIER: This 2004 Darwyn Cooke mini-series treats DC comic of the 1950s as if they…"
1 hour ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"I think: lower left corner is Archie Goodwin; bottom center is Denny O'Neil; by…"
1 hour ago
Lee Houston, Junior replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"Someone else has already posted the classic Strange Adventures' Deadman cover this one is…"
2 hours ago
Richard Willis replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion Swamp Thing
"ISSUE #33: I have to remind myself that Alan Moore wrote this issue four years before Neil Gaiman…"
2 hours ago
Doctor Hmmm? replied to Captain Comics's discussion 'Batwheels' premieres this fall
"Missed Opportunity: Leaper the Bat-Truck"
2 hours ago
Richard Willis replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion Swamp Thing
"Jeff of Earth-J said: ISSUE #32: Despite the cover, this issue is a seriocomic and…"
2 hours ago
Steve W replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"Batman Annual #14, 1990. (And I always thought that, in the northern hemisphere, the first day of…"
3 hours ago
The Baron replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion Swamp Thing
"I only read a few issues of HoM and HoS back inn the day, but I don't remember…"
7 hours ago
Captain Comics posted discussions
7 hours ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion Swamp Thing
"ISSUE #33: This issue is a reprint of the first Swamp Thing story (from House of Mystery #92) with…"
7 hours ago

© 2022   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service