I thought this game might work. The player holding the chair selects a character. The challenge for the other players is to guess who the character is. They get twenty questions.

All questions have to have to be framed so as to allow the answer "Yes" or "No". The chair can give extra information if he or she chooses, and frame an appropriate response if neither answer fits.

Players may only ask a fifth consecutive question if four hours have passed since their last one. (Since the guess, not the answer.) The first player to guess the answer takes the chair.

Only characters that have made at least two appearances are eligible. So Franklin Storm is, but not Tomazooma. Only characters that first appeared in US comic books are eligible. So not Captain Britain, Dick Tracy, Tarzan, Thor.

(revisions made to rules)

Views: 2115

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Is the character associated with the military?

10. Is the character associated with the military?

No.

And as a hint, since we're halfway through, let me say that the character made a few Silver Age appearances, followed by quite a few Bronze Age appearances. Since then, he's been seen sporadically. 

Are the character's stories set in contemporary times?

11. Are the character's stories set in contemporary times?

Yes.

Is this character a supporting character, without super-powers, from a feature originally edited by Julie Schwartz?

12. Is this character a supporting character, without super-powers, from a feature originally edited by Julie Schwartz?

Yes.

I'd do more lay-the-ground questions, but I can only think of two characters who fit the answers so far and appeared more in the Bronze Age than the Silver Age.

Is this character Carl Ferris?

13. Is this character Carl Ferris?

No.

Is this character a supporting character from The Flash or the "Kid Flash" feature?

14. Is this character a supporting character from The Flash or the "Kid Flash" feature?

Yes.

When I set the four guess rule by "four consecutive guesses" I meant four guesses without any intervening guess by someone else. But it's my impression it's been understood to mean one should take a rest after one's first four questions, one's second four etc., and I figure if that's how the rule is understood by others, that's the rule I should observe. I only rested about two hours after my fourth guess, so I'm imposing a two hour rest requirement on myself with an additional two hour penalty.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2018   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service