Comicon 2009

This is the place to share any news coming out of the San Diego convention that seems interesting. As mentioned in other threads: JSA is going to split into two books, one by Willingham and one by Sturges, with the second book featuring a more pro-active team called JSA All-Stars. Jeff Parker's Exiles is being canceled with issue 6. And new to this thread (so far as I know): Mike Mignola and Christopher Golden are going to bring WWII vampire hunter Baltimore to comics Gerard Way and Gabriel Ba will be back for a third Umbrella Academy series Felicia Henderson, Gossip Girl and Fringe writer, is taking over as the regular writer on Teen Titans

You need to be a member of Captain Comics to add comments!

Join Captain Comics

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Apparently, a few people have seen a Superman costume to be used in the new season of Smallville. There are some differences from the "classic" costume.
  • I like the idea of an all-ages, but not just for young kids, version of Avengers by Paul Tobin. It's starting in November with a team of Iron Man, Cap, Thor, Vision, Black Widow, Nova, and...Sue Storm. Sue and Steve will be vying for the leader position...
  • PowerBook Pete said:
    Apparently, a few people have seen a Superman costume to be used in the new season of Smallville. There are some differences from the "classic" costume.

Backless chaps?
  • Rob Staeger said:
    PowerBook Pete said:
    Apparently, a few people have seen a Superman costume to be used in the new season of Smallville. There are some differences from the "classic" costume.

Backless chaps?

Aaaaa!!!! Somebody saaaaaavvvveeee meeeeeeee!!!!
  • According to the Beat, Dark Horse will be publishing the Archie Archives.
  • Interesting Detective news, from the Batman panel:

Rucka then announced that after seven issues with Williams, Jock (of The Losers fame) will come on board for three issues. Following that, the Question backups will move to the front of the book for a time, with either Williams or Jock drawing a 10-page Batwoman Second Feature. Then Williams (and Kate Kane) will come back to the front of the book.

I was wondering how Williams would be able to keep up the schedule. This seems like a great solution to me, as I'm a fan of both features.
  • Rob Staeger said:
    Interesting Detective news, from the Batman panel:

Rucka then announced that after seven issues with Williams, Jock (of The Losers fame) will come on board for three issues. Following that, the Question backups will move to the front of the book for a time, with either Williams or Jock drawing a 10-page Batwoman Second Feature. Then Williams (and Kate Kane) will come back to the front of the book.

I was wondering how Williams would be able to keep up the schedule. This seems like a great solution to me, as I'm a fan of both features.

Holy crap...I was JUST coming over here to post that exact quote!
  • From the Brave and Bold panel:

Producer James Tucker said Season Two will have even more familiar faces, including Enemy Ace, GI Robot, Vixen, Firestorm, Metal Men, Doom Patrol, Starro, as well as Captain Marvel and the entire Marvel family.

As for the other two members of DC’s Holy Trinity, executive producer Seth Register said they want to have Superman and Wonder Woman on the show. It just depends on working out logistics with DC and Warner Bros.

One special guest star behind the scenes was also revealed.

Julie Newmar, the original Catwoman from the 60s Batman TV show, will voice Martha Wayne in a flashback episode titled “Chill of the Night.”

The highlight of the panel, though, was the premiere screening of the episode featuring Neil Patrick Harris as The Music Meister. It’s a musical episode that has to be seen – and heard – to be believed.

Whether you like musicals or not, you’ll appreciate the effort that went into crafting this ingenious, and downright catchy, story. Harris is his typically brilliant self as the Evil Orchestrator, and you haven’t lived until you’ve seen Aquaman and Gorilla Grodd two-step, with Black Mantis pirouetting stage left. It certainly struck the right chord with the SDCC audience, which gave the panelists a standing ovation when the final note was hit.

Register said he usually likes to read every script and screen dailies for every episode. But when Tucker and writer Michael Jelenic pitched the idea of a musical episode, he decided to just wait and see how it turned out. He also jokingly answered a fan’s question by saying the only way the show will ever adapt the ‘Crisis on Infinite Earths’ storyline was if they could do a musical version.
  • I've said it before, and I'll say it again: I am really loving the Cover It Live software Newsarama is using to live-blog from Comic-Con panels. It's made an afternoon of checking in microfiche much more fun.
  • And I was just coming by to post news of the musical ep! You beat me THIS time, Beechler... (shaking fist)
This reply was deleted.