Comics Guide: Dec. 5-11, 2022

BOOM! STUDIOS

BEHOLD BEHEMOTH #2 (OF 5)

FIREFLY: BLUE SUN RISING VOL 2 TP

KNOW YOUR STATION #1 (OF 5)

BOOM! Studios revealed a first look at KNOW YOUR STATION #1, the first issue ian a five-issue limited series from the highly acclaimed writer Sarah Gailey (Eat the Rich, Magic for Liars), with star artist Liana Kangas (TRVE KVLT), colorist Rebecca Nalty and letterer Cardinal Rae, that takes a stab at the ultra-wealthy, their dreams of escaping the very planet they’ve put in peril, and the consequences of a future that might not be so far away.

Death is the great leveler, even for the 1% … the wealthiest people in the solar system abandoned the Earth for a private sanctuary in space, leaving everyone else to die amidst cataclysmic climate change. But the ultra-wealthy won’t be safe for long …

A murderer is on the loose, specifically targeting the super-rich! Soon, Elise, an employee of the Avulsion Corporation, is wrapped up in a deadly investigation, with each issue of this outrageously macabre series featuring a new, diabolically different kill!

KNOW YOUR STATION #1 features main cover art by series artist Kangas, and variant covers by highly acclaimed illustrators Jenny Frison (Poison Ivy), Becca Carey (Buffy the Vampire Slayer), Jenn Woodall (Space Trash) and more.

MAGIC THE GATHERING (MTG) #21

DARK HORSE COMICS

CASTLE FULL OF BLACKBIRDS #3 (OF 4)

FUNNY CREEK TP

HELLBOY IN LOVE #2 (OF 5)

IT’S ONLY TEENAGE WASTELAND #1 (OF 4)

From Dark Horse Comics, Acclaimed creator Curt Pires (Youth, WYRD) and rising star artist Jacoby Salcedo comes It’s Only Teenage Wasteland, a new coming-of-age, post-apocalyptic comic series. In addition to Pires’ and Salcedo’s work, Mark Dale will color and Micah Myers will letter. The first issue will also include a variant cover by Antonio Fuso.

When his parents go out of town for the weekend, Mexican-American high schooler Javi decides to throw a party — one that'll launch him and his buds into popularity! Or at least get them noticed by their crushes. But when things take a turn for the worse, Javi and his friends are thrust into a situation and future they could have never have prepared for.

“I’m so excited to be back at Dark Horse telling this story with Jacoby and our amazing team. I started my career almost 10 years ago with them, when they agreed to publish POP and things have only gotten better from there. This story is a spiritual sequel to YOUTH in a lot of ways, and I think fans of my work new and old will be pulled into this massive world and mystery we’re building here. This is just the first of many more exciting collaborations to come between myself and Dark Horse.”

“IT’S ONLY TEENAGE WASTELAND has been my most favorite project I’ve worked on yet! Curt and I really put our everything into this, and it is littered with all the things we love. The book though wouldn’t be what it is without our amazing colorist, Mark Dale and sick letters by Michah Myers. I think this book is really for everyone, especially readers who love great books!”

Praise for Youth:

Youth #1 aches in a way that few coming-of-age stories do. It makes you see yourself in its characters and prompts investing yourself in knowing what happens next when the unbelievable finally occurs and changes everything.”— Comicbook.com

Youth #1 is beautifully-drawn and colored and creates an authentically antisocial teen tone, with a shocking plot point that actually shocks and an ending that makes me want the next issue right now, earning 4 out of 5 stars overall.” — Major Spoilers

“Whether you’re young and on the lookout for adventure, or old and can’t imagine living this way, Youth #1 is a visceral trip through young adulthood.” — Multiversity

NIGHT OF THE GHOUL #3 (OF 3)

ONES #2 (OF 4)

QUICK STOPS #2 (OF 4)

SHOCK SHOP #4 (OF 4)

STRANGER THINGS VOL 6 KAMCHATKA TP

DC COMICS

ABSOLUTE MULTIVERSITY HC

• This is the format I've been waiting for, so I guess I'll pull the trigger. I need to have "Pax Americana" on my bookshelf, if nothing else.

BATMAN #130

Story: Chip Zdarsky | Art/Cover: Jorge Jimenez | Backup Art: Leonardo Romero | Variants: Gabriele Dell'otto, Stjepan Šejic, David Marquez, Jock, Laura Braga | $4.99 | 40 Pages | Variant $5.99 (Card Stock)

The final chapter in the Failsafe arc reaches its brutal and stunning conclusion! Batman has one desperate, final option...will he walk away from it? The answer will shock you! The early days of the Dark Knight and his relationship with Zur-En-Arrh continues!

• Funny story: About a month ago DC emailed a preview for Batman #129, which evidently ended on a cliffhanger. But the next day they emailed this preview for Batman #130, which gave away the surprise. So they sent a third email asking very nicely that we hold off publishing the second preview for a month. It's nice to know even our corporate overlords can make a mistake.

BATMAN & THE JOKER: DEADLY DUO #2 (OF 7)

BATMAN: KNIGHTWATCH #4 (OF 10)

BRAVE AND BOLD #28 FACSIMILE EDITION

DARK CRISIS: WAR ZONE #1 ONE-SHOT

Story: Matthew Rosenberg, Delilah S. Dawson, Jeremy Adams, Frank Tieri, Stephanie Williams | Art: George Kambadais, Daniel Bayliss, Fernando Pasarin, Matt Ryan, Serg Acuña | Cover: Rafael Sarmento | $5.99

A BOOTS-ON-THE-GROUND VIEW OF DARK CRISIS! As the Hall of Justice falls, get new perspectives on the various conflicts while the battles across Dark Crisis rage on! With the classic Justice League members gone, see how members of the next generation such as Red Canary and The Flash Family deal with the chaos in this key chapter of the saga leading into Dark Crisis #7.

• Trade-waiting. The good news is that I'll finally meet some of the newer characters (that Green Lantern, for example) that I haven't run across before.

DC POSTER PORTFOLIO: GEORGE PEREZ TP

GOTHAM CITY: YEAR ONE #3 (OF 6)

JOKER: THE MAN WHO STOPPED LAUGHING #3

MAD MAGAZINE #29

MONKEY PRINCE #9 (OF 12)

POISON IVY #7

SWORD OF AZRAEL #5 (OF 6)

DYNAMITE

GARGOYLES #1

Story: Greg Weisman | Art: George Kambadais | Cover: David Nakayama | $3.99

All-new ongoing series, in continuity with the epic GARGOYLES television classic!

One thousand years ago, superstition and the sword ruled. It was a time of darkness. It was a world of fear. It was THE AGE OF GARGOYLES. Stone by day, Warriors by night, they were betrayed by the humans they had sworn to protect ... frozen in stone by a magic spell for a thousand years. Now, here in Manhattan, the spell is broken, and they live again! They are Defenders of the Night! THEY ARE GARGOYLES!

Series creator GREG WEISMAN and illustrator GEORGE KAMBADAIS reintroduce the Manhattan Clan, a family of Gargoyles at full strength, though modern New York City is full of attractions and distractions, and each member of the clan has begun to go their own way. But their bonds will be tested, when nefarious factions from all across the world attempt to steal that rarest, most precious of possessions ... an unhatched Gargoyle egg!

• From Bleeding Cool: Disney's Gargoyles #1 Racks Up 179,093 Orders For Dynamite

VAMPIRELLA VS RED SONJA #2

IDW PUBLISHING

EARTHDIVERS #3

GODZILLA MONSTERS & PROTECTORS: ALL HAIL THE KING #3

LCSD 2022 TMNT: ARMAGEDDON GAME #3

MY LITTLE PONY #7

SONIC THE HEDGEHOG #55

TMNT: ARMAGEDDON GAME #3

TRANSFORMERS: BEST OF WINDBLADE

IMAGE COMICS

ALL AGAINST ALL #1 (OF 5)

Image Comics is thrilled to introduce the upcoming, All Against All by writer Alex Paknadel (Giga), artist/colorist Caspar Wijngaard (Home Sick Pilots), and letterer Hassan Otsmane-Elhaou (Rogues’ Gallery) and the latest from the Syzygy imprint. This five-issue miniseries will offer a uniquely harrowing and vividly illustrated tale.

All Against All is focused on a race of otherworldly conquerors in pursuit of an especially lethal predator … man. The series is set in the distant future. Earth is long gone, but a race of alien conquerors known as "the Operators" have preserved its most savage animals in an artificial jungle environment they barely understand.

With no bodies of their own, the Operators move from world to world, harvesting bodies for the organic exosuits they use to wage their endless wars. Ignored and underestimated by his captors is the habitat’s sole human specimen, Helpless.

However, when their efforts to find and harvest an apex predator intensify, he gives them far more than they bargained for.

All Against All continues our efforts at Syzygy to produce compelling books with fantastic high-concepts as envisioned by some of the most talented and inventive creators working today,” said editor/Syzygy co-head Chris Ryall in an exclusive on the announcement at AIPT. “Alex and Caspar weave together elements of high adventure, horror and science fiction into a wildly thrilling series, and the added visual flair and skill that Hassan brings to each page only completes the story in such an exciting way.”

Paknadel added: “Heady survival horror is very much my jam, so I couldn’t be more thrilled to be making one with the great Caspar Wijngaard, whose work I’ve admired for as long as I’ve worked in comics, and Hassan Otsmane-Elhaou, one of the most diligent and formally inventive letterers working today. Add the stewardship of the visionary Chris Ryall into the mix and I’m sure readers will agree that All Against All is a very special book indeed."

"When Alex first floated the idea of a series that’s 'Alien, but the human is the xenomorph,' I was instantly onboard,” said Wijngaard. “It's been such an awesome challenge to bring these aliens to life, relying on their fear as a rogue human stalks the dark station. Alex is a fiercely intelligent writer with a brilliant knack for dark, nuanced humor, All Against All promises to deliver fast, smart and brutal story. Don't miss out!"

Adding to the series’ creative luster, each issue will feature covers not only by Wijngaard, but also by Sean Phillips, Martin Simmonds and Christian Ward.

AMERICAN JESUS REVELATION #2 (OF 3)

BLOOD STAINED TEETH #7

COVER GIRLS HC VOL 02

COVER GIRLS TP VOL 01

DO A POWERBOMB #7 (OF 7)

GOLDEN RAGE #5 (OF 5)

HEXWARE #1 (OF 6)

Acclaimed creator Tim Seeley (Hack/Slash, Revival, Nightwing, Superman vs. Lobo) and rising star Zulema Scotto Lavina (Red Sonja, The Little Mermaid) join forces for the forthcoming Hexware. This futuristic six-issue miniseries is set to launch in December from Image Comics, in cooperation with the Italian media company and creative atelier Arancia Studio — house of Mirka Andolfo’s bestselling Image titles, other international books and IP.

Hexware is a thrilling new story — with an anime flair — where Cyberpunk 2077 gets drenched in the supernatural and goes full-throttle Devil May Cry.

In a corporate-ruled world where class inequality is greater than ever, a desperate, lonely populace is drawn to neo-spiritualism and hedge magic. When her teenage daughter is murdered, the Marks family is left asking the gods what they did to deserve this. But their android maid, Which-Where, has a different approach. Perhaps if she asked the Devil …

"This is an idea that's been burning in my head for a while," said Seeley. "Working with Arancia Studios and Zulema allowed it to jump onto the page, and take on all kinds of new influences like horror manga and sci-fi anime. Hexware is part cyberpunk, part fantasy, and all about love, loss and dark deals. Pull up a spell book and get your cyber-pagan on."

Lavina added: "A fascinating sci-fi world — soaked with just the right amount of witchcraft vibes — this is the journey of an android, through life and death. Working with Tim Seeley is a dream come true for me and I believe the readers will like where we are going with the story!"

Hexware #1 will be available with a cover illustrated by Lavina, a variant cover illustrated by Seeley and a special variant cover from fan-favorite artist Mirka Andolfo.

KAYA #3

LAZARUS TP VOL 07

LEAST WE CAN DO #4

LITTLE MONSTERS #8

MONSTRESS HC VOL 02

NOCTERRA SPECIAL VAL (ONE-SHOT)

RADIANT PINK #1 (OF 5)

Join streaming superstar Meghan Camarena (Radiant Black), rising-star writer Melissa Flores (The Dead Lucky), and third-generation comics artist Emma Kubert (Inkblot) for the upcoming five issue miniseries Radiant Pink. This galaxy-hopping thrill ride will join Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, Radiant Red, The Dead Lucky and C.O.W.L. in the expanding shared Massive-Verse of superheroes this December from Image Comics.

In Radiant Pink, life is good for Eva. Ever since teleporting superhero Radiant Pink (her secret alter ego) started guesting on her streams, her view count has skyrocketed — and fame and fortune are surely close behind. But when a charity appearance is interrupted by a squad of mercenaries hunting for the Radiant that powers her, Eva will find herself very far out of her comfort zone.

“I'm having the time of my life co-writing Radiant Pink with Meghan,” said Flores in an exclusive on the announcement at Popverse. “I can't wait for the readers to dive into this insanely fun story that stays true to the spirit of Radiant Black, while delivering a lot of heart and a deeper look at complex issues. Paired with Emma Kubert's gorgeous art, this will be an incredible new adventure!”

Kubert added: “With Meghan and Melissa’s action-filled story and wonderful direction, I’m having a blast creating the exciting visuals of Radiant Pink. It’s an absolute thrill to follow Eva on this emotional roller coaster and really see all the different sides to this awesome, fun-loving character.”

“WHO LET ME DO THIS? Oh yeah thanks Kyle! Radiant Pink is a tale of self love, growth and an extra bit of chaos,” said Camarena. “Sharing with you a chapter from a very vulnerable part of my life, told through Eva. Melissa Flores is bringing the angst and Emma Kubert is bringing the sparkle!”

Kyle Higgins & Marcelo Costa’s breakout hit Radiant Black took superhero storytelling to new heights when it launched in 2021 — but Radiant Black isn’t the only character inhabiting the growing Massive-Verse. Each character has a different story to tell, different adversaries to face … and they each occupy a very different corner of this shared superhero universe. Now’s the time to get into the Massive-Verse.

“It's been so much fun building out the Radiant Black side of the Massive-Verse and part of that includes having the opportunity to bring in Meghan, Melissa, Emma, Rebecca and Becca to help us explore a very different side of 'superheroing,’ ” said Higgins. “Similar to what Cherish, David and Miquel did with Satomi's story in Radiant Red, Meghan and Melissa are sending Eva to some pretty unexpected places. I can't wait for people to get to know her better.”

ROGUES GALLERY VOL 1 TP

The first story arc of hit thriller series Rogues’ Gallery by writer Hannah Rose May (rising star Ghosts, Shooter and Altered Carbon actress) and artist Justin Mason (Spider-Punk) — which was recently picked up in a competitive situation for adaptation — will be collected into trade paperback this December. Rogues’ Gallery Vol. 1 will collect issues #1-4 of the series and be available from Image Comics just in time for the holidays.

Rogues’ Gallery’s popularity has gained momentum with each new issue’s release and Don Cheadle's This Radicle Act optioned the series recently in a competitive situation. DEADLINE reported: “Cheadle has a first look with Industrial Media and the plan is to adapt Rogues’ Gallery into a TV series. … May will serve as an EP and will be producing the series through her Weird Neighbour Productions banner alongside Cheadle, Karyn Smith-Forge and This Radicle Act.”

The series is perhaps best described as The Purge meets Scream. It is a pulse-pounding story that follows disenfranchised TV superhero actress Maisie Wade as she is terrorized by an unhinged group of intruders cosplaying her day job’s arch-villains. If Maisie is going to survive the night, she’ll need to be the hero she has come to despise.

Select praise for Rogues’ Gallery:

“A knife-sharp survival thriller.” — Scott Snyder

“A thought-provoking study of comic book fandom and how it can all go terribly wrong.” — AIPT

“A big part of what makes it work, with the characters and settings all having a lived-in feel while Hannah Rose May does a very good job at writing the mix of personalities in this group of fans.” — ComicBook.com

“A well-done commentary.” — Major Spoilers

“An exciting and thoughtful critique of the dark side of comic book fandom. May has crafted an unflinching critique of venomous fans while telling a surprising and fun story with a tremendous amount of potential.” — Comic Book Resources

ABOUT HANNAH ROSE MAY

May is an Irish writer and actress (Ghosts, Altered Carbon, Shooter). May's storytelling and narrative tropes work to gender bend roles while also providing biting social commentary. Rogues' Gallery is Hannah's debut creator-owned series. She lives in Ireland.

ABOUT JUSTIN MASON

Mason is currently known for his work on the Spider-Punk miniseries from Marvel Comics. His other credits include DC Comics, Image, IDW, Valiant, etc. He lives in Corbin, Kentucky.

SAVAGE DRAGON ULTIMATE COLL HC

SEVEN SONS #7 (OF 7)

SKYBOUND PRESENTS AFTER SCHOOL TP VOL 01

SPAWN #336

THAT TEXAS BLOOD #20

UNDISCOVERED COUNTRY #22

WALKING DEAD DLX #52

MARVEL COMICS

ARANA: NIGHT OF THE HUNTER TP

• Will Robert Mitchum guest star?

AVENGERS #63

Part 2 of “Avengers Assemble”

Story: Jason Aaron | Art/Cover: Javier Garrón | '70s Connecting Variant Cover By Phil Jimenez

Avengers from across the Marvel multiverse will come together for the greatest battle in their 60-year history in AVENGERS ASSEMBLE! Serving as the capstone to Jason Aaron’s epic run, AVENGERS ASSEMBLE will unite Aaron’s AVENGERS and AVENGERS ASSEMBLE in a saga that stretches from the prehistoric beginnings of Earth’s Mightiest Heroes to their last stand at Infinity’s End! To celebrate this grand crossover, fans can pick up connecting covers for both series by some of the industry’s leading artists!

These AVENGERS ASSEMBLE DECADES CONNECTING COVERS highlight the various ages of this iconic family of heroes, starting with acclaimed artist Phil Jimenez’s tribute to the '70s! Defined by creators such as Steve Englehart and George Pérez, this decade saw the Avengers’ roster swell like never before with mainstays like Ms. Marvel, Wonder Man and Beast joining the team. Jimenez captures this explosive era of Avengers storytelling beautifully in this stunning new piece! 

BLACK PANTHER BY PRIEST OMNIBUS HC VOL

CAPTAIN AMERICA: SENTINEL OF LIBERTY #7

"Cold War" prelude

Story: Collin Kelly & Jackson Lanzing | Art/Cover: Carmen Carnero

The current era of Captain America is in full swing with CAPTAIN AMERICA: SENTINEL OF LIBERTY and CAPTAIN AMERICA: SYMBOL OF TRUTH delivering suspenseful and gripping saga starring Steve Rogers and Sam Wilson! With new villains rising, old allies joining the fight and shocking secrets about the very foundation of Captain America’s legacy emerging, both titles are heating up ahead of COLD WAR, next year’s CAPTAIN AMERICA crossover! COLD WAR will bring both Steve and Sam’s current adventures together in an epic that will leave a lasting impact on the CAPTAIN AMERICA mythos and the groundwork has already begun! Get a hint at upcoming developments with a special peek at what’s to come in December!

In CAPTAIN AMERICA: SENTINEL OF LIBERTY #7, writers Collin Kelly and Jackson Lanzing and artist Carmen Carnero begin a new story arc titled “THE INVADER!” Just when Captain America is ready to quit his pursuit of the Outer Circle, he receives intel on their next move — and a reminder that Steve Rogers is never without friends. Sharon Carter returns to help Steve assemble his allies for a new mission — but some shadows reach farther than even the world’s best spies can predict. Guest-starring Nick Fury, Black Widow, Hawkeye, Sharon Carter and Peggy Carter!

CAPTAIN MARVEL #44

DAMAGE CONTROL #5 (OF 5)

DAREDEVIL #6

DARK WEB #1

Story: Zeb Wells | Art/Cover: Adam Kubert |  Wraparound Variant Cover: Ryan Stegman

This December, the two most famous wronged clones of the Marvel Universe will team up to take back what’s theirs! Witness the level of havoc Madelyne Pryor and Ben Reilly will unleash on the Marvel Universe this holiday season in the all-new DARK WEB trailer. The two spurned clones will team up as Goblin Queen and Chasm to reignite the embers of INFERNO in a saga starring the X-Men, Spider-Man, Venom, Ms. Marvel, and more! The crossover will officially start this December in Zeb Wells and Adam Kubert’s DARK WEB #1 and then dramatically unfold across ongoing titles AMAZING SPIDER-MAN and VENOM as well as limited series DARK WEB: X-MEN, DARK WEB: MS. MARVEL, MARY JANE & BLACK CAT, and GOLD GOBLIN. The exhilarating trailer provided a never-before-seen sneak peek at all the action to come including Chasm and Goblin Queen’s opening attack, the demonic invasion of New York City, an amazing friends team-up, and so much more! This far-reaching epic promises to leave a scar on the Spidey and X-Men mythologies and that’s not all! DARK WEB’s impact will also result in two just announced series: RED GOBLIN and HALLOWS’ EVE!

The saga will be bookended by two one-shots, subtitled DUSK and DAWN, written by current Amazing Spider-Man scribe Zeb Wells and drawn by superstar artist Adam Kubert. DARK WEB #1 will reveal the true scope of Madelyne and Ben’s wicked alliance, what it means for Spider-Man and the X-Men, and the surprising role Venom will play. The sun is setting, dusk is approaching, and it’s going to be a long night.

FANTASTIC FOUR #2

GHOST RIDER #9

IMMORTAL HULK HC VOL 05

IMMORTAL X-MEN #9

INFERNO TP

KING IN BLACK OMNIBUS HC

MARAUDERS #9

MILES MORALES: SPIDER-MAN #1

Story: Cody Ziglar | Art: Federico Vicentini | Colors: Bryan Valenza | Cover: Dike Ruan & Alejandro Sánchez

Being Spider-Man is a constant battle. Supervillains, school work, balancing a personal life with his responsibilities as a hero, son, and brother — but every time he falls, Miles Morales rises stronger than before. Until now.

Kicking off in December, MILES MORALES: SPIDER-MAN’s new series will be defined by a dangerous new foe. … In this highly-anticipated new run, writer Cody Ziglar and newly christened Marvel’s Stormbreaker artist Federico Vicentini don’t plan to pull any punches when it comes to putting Miles through the ringer and the hero’s biggest defeat will come at the hands of RABBLE. The tech genius will use an army of drones and deadly never-before-seen gadgetry to upgrade Miles’ rogues gallery like never before. Relentlessly seeking to settle a long-brewing personal agenda against Miles, the mysterious villain is set to destroy every aspect of Miles’ life from his friends to his family. And that’s only step one of her plan. What’s at the root her deep hatred of Spider-Man?

Fans will get their first hints about Rabble in MILES MORALES: SPIDER-MAN #1 but will have to wait until January’s MILES MORALES: SPIDER-MAN #2 to witness her full fury.

“It's fantastic to work on this new character,” Vicentini said. “I was given total freedom of creation. Based on Cody's description and on his notes, I had a clear idea of how I wanted to portray the armor; it had to be something rough, but resistant and ingenious at the same time. And thanks also to the drones, Rabble's gonna rock! Brace yourself, Miles!”

For years she’s schemed in the shadows … now Rabble is finally ready to unleash an assault on everything and everyone Miles Morales loves. Don’t miss the first strike in the battle that’s going to shatter Spidey’s Super Hero career when MILES MORALES: SPIDER-MAN begins in December. For more information, visit Marvel.com.

Fans can get a glimpse at the danger that awaits in this high-stakes new era in the all-new MILES MORALES: SPIDER-MAN trailer, featuring never-before-seen artwork. Packed with action, the trailer includes Miles’ opening showdown with Scorpion and the thrilling debut of new villain Rabble, while also giving readers a glimpse at more personal beats such as his school troubles and his new mentorship under Misty Knight! 

“There’s the drama of it, he’s fighting villains and stuff but also, he’s a young kid, he’s a teenager. He’s got his best friend, he’s got cool powers and yes that comes with some negatives, but he’s trying to do his best,” Ziglar told The Root. “He has a great support system. His parents know that he’s a superhero, they support him fully, but they’re also like just be careful out there. I love that optimism that this Spidey has had and I definitely want to continue to bring that through because I’m a comedy writer. I dip into the drama when I need to, but I like having a good time.”

MMW INVINCIBLE IRON MAN HC VOL 15

MOON GIRL AND DEVIL DINOSAUR #1 (OF 5)

Story: Jordan Ifueko | Art: Alba Glez | Cover: Ken Lashley

Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur’s highly-anticipated new solo series will arrive in December! Written by Jordan Ifueko and drawn by Alba Glez, MOON GIRL AND DEVIL DINOSAUR #1 will begin a brand-new era for the breakout young hero as the smartest person in the Marvel Universe also takes her place as one of its greatest heroes!

NEW MUTANTS #32

PREDATOR #5

PUNISHER #8

PUNISHER TP VOL 01 KING OF KILLERS BOOK ONE

SECRET INVASION #2 (OF 5)

SHE-HULK BY DAN SLOTT OMNIBUS HC

SPIDER-MAN #3

STAR WARS HIDDEN EMPIRE #2 (OF 5)

THANOS DEATH NOTES #1

THOR #29

Story: Torunn Grønbekk | Art/Cover: Nic Klein

In the opening arc of Donny Cates and Nic Klein’s hit run of THOR, fans witnessed a disturbing vision of the Mad Titan Thanos laying waste to the Marvel Universe! Since then, Thor has done everything in his power to prevent this future from coming to pass, but has it been enough? Find out as this brewing plot comes to the forefront in a brand new arc starting December titled “The Legacy of Thanos.” The arc will be penned by guest writer Torunn Grønbekk who will join returning series artist and newly christened Stormbreaker Nic Klein for an adventure starring Thor and the Valkyrie Rúna. The arc will spin directly out of THANOS: DEATH NOTES, the oversized Thanos one-shot that hit stands in November, and it will serve as a pivotal prelude to Cates and Klein’s future plans for Thanos’ upcoming conquest.

When a universally loathed foe kidnaps Thor's baby sister Laussa and drags her so deep beyond Hel that not even Sif's All-Sight can see her, the God of Thunder must call upon the one ally who has traveled so far into the unknown before: Rúna. But what dark secrets of Asgard's bloody past lay beneath the frozen waters?

“There is something incredibly inventive and bold about Donny and Nic’s Thor, and it’s been an absolute delight to guest-write a story for this run,” Grønbekk said. “It’s turning out to be just the kind of thing I love — big swings, solid character moments and deeply human solutions. Also, Nic is impossibly good. There is a special kind of joy to see his pages come together. I don’t think I’ve ever had this much fun making comics!”

• From the looks of that cover, Thor is teaming up with ...the Disir.

TIGER DIVISION #2 (OF 5)

VARIANTS #5 (OF 5)

X-FORCE #35

X-MEN RED #9

X-TREME X-MEN #1 (OF 5)

Story: Chris Claremont | Art/Cover: Salvador Larroca

Legendary X-Men scribe Chris Claremont will reunite with fellow X-Men superstar Salvador Larroca for a brand-new X-TREME X-MEN limited series! The pair’s bold work on the original X-TREME X-MEN defined 2000s X-Men and introduced groundbreaking elements that have impacted the mutant mythos to this day and now, they’re back with a new saga set during their classic run! The new series will take place place directly after the final issue of X-TREME X-MEN with a story arc that promises to have wide-reaching implications for some of your favorite X-characters!

A powerful psychic attack on Kitty Pryde from her old enemy Ogun brings the X-Treme team back together for a high-stakes mission … but what secret is Ogun hiding, and will even the combined might of Bishop, Sage, Gambit, Rogue, Rachel Summers, Storm and Wolverine be enough to stop his insidious plan?

“I’m very happy to be teaming up with Chris again to bring back the adventures of the X-Treme X-Men!” Larroca said. “It’s been a long time and I’ve missed this team and this book that I consider a child of mine. I hope fans enjoy what we’re doing with this new run — there’s lots of new histories to tell. This is the book that Chris Claremont fans have been waiting for and I’m proud to once again illustrate his awesome plots. Let’s make this an instant classic!”

• I loathed the first series, so you can imagine how excited I am about a second one.

MORE COMICS

20202020 ONE-SHOT

Story/Art: Farel Dalrymple | Floating World Comics | Mature | $20.00

A series of watercolor and ink drawings by award winning illustrator Farel Dalrymple (Pop Gun War, Mind MGMT), done one a day for the year of 2020. Each of the over 366 illustrations was created using all traditional materials with no digital manipulation. Different themes in the book include a robot Tod alphabet, a complete tarot deck and a variety of fictional and nonfictional characters.

A GUARDIAN #2 (OF 3)

AM ARCHIVES: THE THREE STOOGES — GOLD KEY FIRST #1

Story: Carl Fallberg | Art: Joe Messerili | Cover: Photo | American Mythology | $3.99

It's the 60th Anniversary of The Three Stooges first Gold Key issue way back in 1962!  The Stooges were a staple of comic books in the 1960s and '70s. This was the first Gold Key issue as the publisher transitioned from Dell Publishing the issue before. Moe, Larry and Curly Joe go back to the age of merry men in "Meet Robin Hood!" This issue has full-length stories, hilarious one-page gags and goofy text features that will keep you cracking up. Join The Three Stooges for family fun that never goes out of style and introduce your kids and friends to these legends of lunacy!  Available with two covers — classic photo cover and a special black & white, 350-copy limited edition photo cover!

ARCADE WORLD CHAPTERBOOK VOL 5: RACE TO THE FINISH GN

ARCHIE CHRISTMAS SPECTACULAR

ARGUS #2 (OF 4)

ARIFURETA COMMONPLACE TO STRONGEST VOL 9 GN

AZZA THE BARBED #4 (OF 5)

BLACK CLOVER VOL 31 GN

BLUE FLAME #10

BLUE GIANT OMNIBUS VOL 05

CAMP POCK A WOCKNEE & DYNOMITE SUMMER OF '77 GN

CAPTAIN CORINTH VOL 1 GN

CASE FILES OF JEWELER RICHARD VOL 4 GN

CRASH & TROY #4 (OF 4)

Script: Jarred Luján | Art: Kyler Clodfelter | Cover: Kyler Clodfelter | A Wave Blue World | 32-pages | $3.99

Intergalactic mercenaries Rex "Crash" Ballard (a super strong grumpy mutant) and Troy 3.0 (a sentient software arts aficionado) find themselves in hot water — and almost start an interplanetary war — when they free a ruthless dictator from a maximum-security prison planet, and now they somehow have to set things right! Now, with Crash and their handler Delphi captured and Troy seemingly destroyed, there's nothing to prevent Supreme Leader Jongil from achieving his goal of interplanetary rule. Nothing except Troy making his heroic return in a new husk he likes to refer to as his "battle body." But will it be enough to stop total annihilation before it's too late?

CRASH AND TROY are your next favorite heroes for hire, in a hilarious freewheeling space adventure for the ages!

PRAISE FOR CRASH & TROY

“The dynamic between Crash and Troy exudes both friendship and fun and their banter is an absolute joy to read.” — COMIC BOOK YETI

DAHLIA IN THE DARK #1 (OF 6)

Story: Joe Corallo | Art/Cover: Andrea Milana | Mad Cave Studios | $3.99

A washed up hitman, Donny Dahlia, takes one last job transporting a package cross country in the hopes of seeing his estranged daughter again. Little does he know this job is going to get him caught in the middle of a war between the fairy realms that could determine the fate of humankind. Dahlia in the Dark is a fast-paced, action, fantasy thriller about family and hidden truths.

DANGERS IN MY HEART VOL 5 GN

DOWN TO THE BONE LEUKEMIA STORY GN

Story/Art: Catherine Pioli | Graphic Mundi-PSU Press | $27.95

When Catherine is diagnosed with acute leukemia, a deadly form of cancer that attacks the immune system, her life is turned upside down. Young and previously healthy, she now finds herself catapulted into the world of the seriously ill-constantly testing and waiting for results, undergoing endless medical treatments, learning to accept a changing body, communicating with a medical team, and relying on the support of her partner, family, and friends. A professional illustrator, Catherine decides to tell the story of her disease in this graphic novel, and she does so with great sincerity, humor and rare lucidity.

• It's not labeled mature, so maybe nobody dies.

DRAGON BALL SUPER VOL 17 GN

EARTHMAN: TORCH ONE-SHOT

Story/Art: Bob Nunn | Floating World Comics | $7.99

Welcome to the bizarro world of Robert Nunn, a welder from Missouri whose 70s self-published comics Earthman & Torch have been rediscovered as outsider art. Born of wholesome comics strips by way of Satanic Panic tracts, this pairing mashes vampire space horror with the adventures of an evangelical scare-mongering superhero.

• I cannot think of a single reason to pay for childish artwork from some kid in the '70s (especially when my own childish artwork from the '70s was so much better). Whatever type of entertainment you're looking for, there are better ways to spend your money.

END AFTER END #4

FAMILY TIME #1

Story: Robert Windom, Lily Windom | Art: Asiah Fulmore | Cover: Jae Lee | Ablaze | $3.99

The O'Connell family (Lily - age 13; Tyler - age 11; and their parents) are vacationing in Ireland when they encounter an old man with a mysterious crystal that seemingly teleports them 1,000 years back in time. Unsure whether they have stumbled into a historical re-enactment, the family must befriend Rory, a timid local, battle a medieval tyrant named Ciaran and his henchmen, and figure out how to get back to the present, while Lily learns to use her newfound superpowers.

From the writer/creator of Seven Sons, Robert Windom, and his 11-year-old daughter, Lily, comes a fun, fantasy adventure. Featuring covers by Jae Lee, as well as Art Direction and cover art by Sanford Greene (Bitter Root) ― both Eisner-Award winning artists ― and anime-inspired interior art by new talent and Greene-protege Asiah Fulmore (DC's Amethyst: Princess of Gemworld).  

FIRSTBORNS #1 (OF 4)

Story: Plissken E & E | Art/Cover: Luca Vassallo | Sumerian Comics | Mature | $3.99

From the writer and artist of Heavy Metal Drummer. Stanley Greene wakes up in the middle of the night from a restless nightmare. In it, his high school classmate David Pilgrim burns to death in front of his eyes, right after coming into contact with a strange artifact of alien origin.

• That's a pretty weak logo. And why does the lead character look like Gollum?

FORMERLY FALLEN DAUGHTER OF DUKE VOL 2 GN

FRANK MILLER'S PANDORA #1 (OF 3)

Story: Chris Silvestri, Anthony Maranville | Art: Emma Kubert | Frank Miller Presents | $7.99

What if you could have everything you ever wanted, but it was at everyone else's expense?

Drawn to a mystic Relic that can deliver all her heart's desires... Anabeth Dean uses this power in an attempt to recreate the world and fill her empty life with friendship and loveBut power comes at a price and her "perfect new world" is replacing the real world around us. Anabeth now has all she's ever wanted, but her better place is an invasion ... and she's the gateway to the end of the world. Only she can stop it, but to do so, she must sacrifice everything she loves...

A new Young Adult Fantasy. Created by Frank Miller with art by new sensation Emma (Inkblot) Kubert, and script by Anthony Maranville and Chris Silvestri (Star Trek Discovery)  This is the latest book in the great line of titles from Frank Miller Presents.

GAME BETWEEN SUITS VOL 2 GN

GHOST REAPER GIRL VOL 3 GN

GOOD BOY VOL 3 #1

Story: Christina Blanch, Garrett Gunn | Art/Cover: Kit Wallis | Source Point Press | Mature | $3.99

Flint learns the hard way that some oaths are not easily broken. With his fathers life hanging in the balance, the lost child of Flint Sparks makes his bloodthirsty debut.

• Since this is a mature title, he can't be that good a boy. Maybe he pees on the carpet.

GWAR IN THE DUOVERSE OF ABSURDITY

Story: Michael Derks, Matt Maguire | Art: Andy MacDonald, Shane White | Cover: Kelley Jones | Z2 Comics | Mature | $24.99

What can be more horrifying and terror-inducing than GWAR? The moment they must face the vomitous incarnations of themselves from a filthy alternate dimension! They've penetrated our world by rupturing the membrane which protected our very existence from these walking horrors. Unleashed in our universe, these dark mirror incarnations are bent on dominating and subjugating all of humanity to the will of The Master. Now ... it is GWAR's throbbing, messy duty to save us all before it's too late!

HEART EYES #4

HIGEHIRO AFTER BEING REJECTED VOL 6 GN

HIS MAJESTY DEMON KING'S HOUSEKEEPER VOL 2 GN

I BELONG TO BADDEST GIRL AT SCHOOL VOL 6 GN

I'M A WOLF BUT MY BOSS IS A SHEEP VOL 2 GN

IDHUN CHRONICLES VOL 2: RESISTANCE REVELATION GN

IMA KOI NOW I'M IN LOVE VOL 4 GN

JP ROTH'S THEORY OF MAGIC TP

Story: J.P. Roth | Art: Sabine Rich | Cover: J. Scott Campbell | Ablaze | $19.99

Fall into a world of fairytales that tests all the theories of magic...in JP Roth and Sabine Rich's Theory of Magic.  

On the day the god Cronus was born, it is said, the earth quaked and screamed at its core. The cliffs bordering the sea crashed together, flames shot into the open sky. Each flame carried a Seelie fairy. In their blood flowed the magic of the old worlds and the fire of immorality. The Unseelie were formed in the ashes that fell to the ground, they carried no flame and could die. The ruling gods struck an accord with the Unseelie who protested their fate: Every hundred years, a Seelie fairy must be human for three days, in that time, the Unseelie could hunt their immortal flame, and gods would close their eyes,

A princess of firelight and next in line for the Seelie throne, Selyara is a girl who wants only freedom. Given no protection, she must face three days as a human, alone. Lavara sits on the Seelie throne as queen regent until Selyara has completed and survived her human trial. If Selyara dies, Lavara will take the throne.

JP Roth & Sabine Rich's Theory of Magic graphic novel holds seven chapters of full color story and art, drawn and colored by Sabine Rich, and includes a cover gallery as well as sketch and layout bonus pages, and a new cover by J Scott Campbell!

• What if the theory of magic is that it only exists if you believe in it? Since I don't believe in it, it could exist and I wouldn't know!

KAGUYA SAMA LOVE IS WAR GN VOL 24

LIFE ZERO HC

Story: Stefano Vietti | Art/Cover: Marco Checchetto | Ablaze| $24.99

From the artist of Marvel Comics' Daredevil, Marco Checchetto, comes a thrilling new adventure!

Where were you when the cloud arrived? Where were you when the world changed forever? Where were you when people started dying? Ablaze is proud to present Life Zero by Stefano Vietti (Dragonero) and Marco Checchetto (Daredevil, Avengers, Old Man Hawkeye, Wolverine), with colors by Andres Mossa (Wolverine, Avengers, Secret Wars 2099). At the limits between science fiction, action and horror is LIFE ZERO!

MAGICAL BEATDOWN VOLUME 3 GN

By Jenn Woodall

The third installment of the fan-favorite Magical Girl Beatdown series! In this volume, a new magical girl arrives — and could there be sparks of romance? The hyper-violent revenge fantasy continues, printed in striking fluorescent pinks and blues.

Get caught up! 

• That's ... really pink!

MANIX ABRERAS 14 GN

MARCY'S JOURNAL: A GUIDE TO AMPHIBIA HC

MARVEL COMICS LIBRARY VOL 3 FANTASTIC FOUR HC

• This is another one of those monster Taschen books. Yes, I'll be getting it.

MINECRAFT INSPIRED MISADV OF FRIGIEL & FLUFFY VOL 4 HC

NIGHT OF CADILLACS ORIGINS MAGAZINE

Story: Jake Hearns, Sean E DeMott | Art: Kirk "The Savage" Manley | Cover: Rob Prior, Scott Hattonx | Scout Comics | Mature | $12.99

In the spirit of Lost Boys and Warriors, NOTC is a high-octane, genre-bending mix of horror, hard action and street culture. The Origins book was born in coffee shops and bars in Northern and Southern California. Artists and contributors came not only from Cali but from as far away as Tokyo, Montreal, and Argentina. In the spirit of a DIY, punk rock, cassette tape, the book is rough and raw by design and should be played at maximum volume. Reprints issue 1 with new material.

NOMADD: CITY OF EMPTY TOWERS #6 (OF 6)

OROCHI PERFECT EDITION VOL 3 GN

OUR TORSOS ALIGN: HUMAN X MONSTER LOVE OMNIBUS VOL 1 GN

PURPLE OBLIVION #2 (OF 4)

QUESTED #1

Story: Michael Calero, Thomas Parson | Art: Kit Wallis | Cover: Kim Jacinto | Whatnot | $3.99

Rising star at Marvel (Spider-Man 2099) and DC Comics, Kim Jacinto, provides an iconic debut cover, with art by Kit Wallis, the artist behind the hit series Good Boy.

Quested fuses the attitude of Hellboy and the fantasy-adventure spirit of Legend of Zelda as it follows the questing misadventures of pawn shop owner and morally ambiguous hero-for-hire, Jinx, through a world filled with lizard henchmen, dungeon-bosses, and unicorn burgers!

"Episode 1: Faux Highness"

When a plan to take advantage of a desperate king trying to protect his daughter goes wrong, Jinx and his two accomplices (I mean guild members!) find themselves actually having to save the princess.

RAINBOW DAYS VOL 1 GN

REBORN AS A SPACE MERCENARY VOL 4 GN

RED LIGHTNING HC

Story: Marco B. Bucci | Art/Cover: Riccardo Atzeni | Ablaze | Mature | $24.99

It is the morning of January 10, 2016, and thirty-year-old Samuel is ready to leave the house and live another day of his ordinary existence. As soon as he arrives on the street, he learns about David Bowie's death. The news strikes him so hard that he is stunned, and his are not moments of bewilderment, but hours, days, years, and centuries...he finds himself catapulted across space and time.

He awakens hundreds of thousands of years later, in a society of the future-in the year 200016-not so different from his own, although he is surrounded by people dressed as dinosaurs, integrated biological technologies, and there is a global well-being. Is it perhaps the utopia of the future? Samuel will have to try to find out and find his own dimension in the process, without losing himself.

Red Lightning is a touching tribute to David Bowie. Six years after Bowie's death, Marco B. Bucci redefines science fiction with a graphic novel masterfully illustrated by the talented Riccardo Atzeni. Long live the White Duke!

• My reaction to David Bowie's death was far less dramatic.

RICK AND MORTY VS CTHULHU #1

Story: Jim Zub | Art: Leonardo Ito, Crank! | Cover: Troy Little | Oni | $3.99

What could be worse than an off-planet sugar deal gone wrong? Tripping through a Lovecraftian hellscape with the Smith family as they fight, uh, cosmic sentient color and racist fish-people? That can't be right...

SARA LONE #3

SEASIDE STRANGER VOL 5 GN

SEVEN DEADLY SINS OMNIBUS VOL 7 GN

SILENT NIGHT DEADLY NIGHT #1

Story: S.A. Check, James Kuhoric | Art: Puis Calzada | Cover: Buz Hasson, Blair Smith | American Mythology | Mature | $3.99

Ho Ho Horror! The slasher film that turned Christmas into a killer holiday is back! Billy saw his parents viciously murdered at the hands of a madman in a Santa suit. Orphaned and alone, Billy suffered even more at the hands of an overly strict nun, turning him into a killing machine hell-bent on punishing the naughty. Now...40 years later, a new nightmare begins. A holiday killer is on the loose, but there's more here than just a psycho in a red suit. Sinister forces have awakened to raise an unstoppable evil once more, doling out punishment with the edge of his axe. Don't get caught on this naughty list. This is a brand new officially licensed story taking place after the events of the 1984 movie and delivering a brand-new horrifying holiday classic! This issue comes with four covers - Main Cover by Buz Hasson & Blair Smith, Variant by Puis Calzada, Classic Photo Cover, and a special Black & White Virgin Century cover edition limited to just 100 copies printed!  

SILVER STREAK SEASON 1 #1

SMURFS 3-IN-1 VOL 7 GN

SNOW WHITE WITH RED HAIR VOL 22 GN

SPRIGGAN DLX ED VOL 2 GN

SUPER HXEROS VOL 9 GN

THUD DOUBLE VISION MAGAZINE #1

THUNDERBOLT FANTASY OMNIBUS VOL 1 GN

VAMPIRE DORMITORY VOL 8 GN

WHISPER ME A LOVE SONG VOL 6 GN

WOLVENHEART VOL 2: TALE OF TWO WOLVES TP

YAKUZA FIANCE VOL 1 GN

ZAGOR THE LOST MINE GN

Story: Mauro Boselli | Art: Stefano Andreucci | Cover:  Alessandro Piccinelli | Epicenter | $29.99

Comanches, Texas Rangers, Comancheros... And a legend of the lost gold mine in the Wichita Mountains. Prequel to Tex & Zagor: Bandera!

ZEROCALCARE'S TENTACLES AT MY THROAT GN

Story/Art: Zerocalcare | Ablaze | Mature | $19.99

Tentacles at My Throat is a coming-of-age story set in three different moments of Zerocalcare's life: primary school, junior high, and his adult life. It is a complete story told in three parts; three moments that have in common that all-too-familiar feeling of having tentacles at one's throat.

Three friends, their schoolgrounds, and a secret. And fifteen years later, the discovery that they all thought there was only one secret, but each had their own. And there was one more, bigger than the others, that none were aware of.

This is Zerocalcare's second graphic novel, the one that made him stand out as an intelligent, delicate, merciless narrator when it comes to describing his own weaknesses, which could in fact be everyone's. An honest, touching, intense story with a bit of Stand By Me thrown in for good measure, it's the book that made Zerocalcare a national success story in 2012 in Italy. The book has been reprinted nineteen times since its initial release, surpassing the 120,000 copies sold mark.

Zerocalcare's original animated series "Tear Along the Dotted Line" debuted on Netflix WORLDWIDE November 17, 2021. Season Two currently in production!

MAGAZINES

ALTER EGO #179

RETROFAN MAGAZINE #24

SCARY MONSTERS MAGAZINE #129

STAR WARS INSIDER #215

BOOKS

BEING BOND: A DANIEL CRAIG RETROSPECTIVE HC

FRIGHTFEST GUIDE TO VAMPIRE MOVIES SC

GHIBLIOTHEQUE GUIDE TO ANIME HC

MARVEL’S ORIGINAL SIN NOVEL HC

STAR TREK EXPLORER PRESENTS Q & OTHER STORIES VOL 1 HC

STAR TREK: HARM’S WAY SC NOVEL

STAR WARS: THE HIGH REPUBLIC: STARLIGHT STORIES

5 ORIGINAL STORIES FROM THE GALACTIC FRONTIER.

Step aboard the Starlight Beacon and join Administrator Velko Jahen, Chief Ghal Tarpfen, and Jedi from the High Republic Era as they face a mysterious assassination attempt, a threat from the carnivorous Drengir,

a strange distress call… and more!

The special edition contains a collection of five, two-part short stories first presented in Star Wars Insider magazine, featuring tales by The New York Times bestselling authors Justina Ireland, Cavan Scott, and Charles Soule. This deluxe edition also includes in-depth interviews exploring the creative process behind the series.

You need to be a member of Captain Comics to add comments!

Join Captain Comics

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• GOOD BOY VOL 3 #1

10896247268?profile=RESIZE_710x10896247279?profile=RESIZE_710xStory: Christina Blanch, Garrett Gunn | Art/Cover: Kit Wallis | Source Point Press | Mature | $3.99

Flint learns the hard way that some oaths are not easily broken. With his fathers life hanging in the balance, the lost child of Flint Sparks makes his bloodthirsty debut.

• Since this is a mature title, he can't be that good a boy. Maybe he pees on the carpet.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        This one truly was a Good Boy:                                                                                                                                  10904865276?profile=RESIZE_710x                   
  • Yes. He was a very good boy.

Also, Cosmo, in Guardians of the Galaxy. Another very good boy (with a Russian accent, despite communicating by telepathy).

Do you want more good boys? These books will make you cry, but they have very good boys:

• Stargazing Dog
    • Laika
    • Stray Dogs

I would say more, but I have to go hug my dogs.

• Zagor is a long-running Italian feature. I wrote about it here.

This reply was deleted.