The Captain's Comments

It's a week chock-full of first issues, and for a change they're not all Marvels!

Dyamite has an exceptional week, with the first issues of Solar: Man of the Atom and Captain Action Cat: The Timestream Catastrophe, and the 100th issue of Warlord of Mars.

I'm really looking forward to Solar, a character the Li'l Capn found fascinating in the Silver Age, and some things never change. This time around the writer is dealing with the dilemma of Solar's unbeatable powers by giving him a family to put in jeopardy.

I'm not much of a cat person, nor am I the target age for something like Captain Action Cat: The Timestream Catastrophe, but it looks like a weird action blend of crossover and a parody of crossovers. Could be cool.

And is this the second time Warlord of Mars #100 has been solicited? I seem to remember having a conversation on this board about how they counted to 100 (because they were obviously counting miniseries, one-shots and spinoffs in that count). Still, however they count it, that's an awful lot of issues starring ERB concepts -- I don't recall that happening since Dell's Tarzan.

Over at DC, Green Lantern's arch-enemy Sinestro launches in his own book. I read a few years ago that co-publisher Dan Didio believes Green Lantern ought to be DC's third-biggest franchise after Superman and Batman (and displacing Wonder Woman), and the plethora of GL-related titles certainly seems to indicate his faith.

Meanwhile, IDW is publishing the 24 Omnibus, collecting all the IDW issues of that franchise so far, in anticipation of the new series beginning next month. And that's just one of many interesting IDW collections this week, which includes a Ghostbusters collection, a Powerpuff Girls collection, two Godzilla collections and the second volume of the Silver Age Superman comic strip.

Speaking of comic strips, Marvel has finally gotten around to publishing the first volume of the Spider-Man comic strips. They're not usually that slow to pick up on a fad trend!

Speaking of Spider-Man, the Otto-Pilot story comes to a close this week, with Superior Spider-Man #31. This has been quite a ride, and I'm betting the climax -- which was no doubt planned from the outset -- is going to be huge.

Marvel is also re-launching Hulk this week, with the same writer, but a new premise. Mark Waid will be back with the attempted assassination of Bruce Banner, who must remain the Hulk now or die, while he tries to find out who killed him. (There's a pretty long list of folks who would be happy to do so.)

Valiant has a big summer crossover on the way, and it begins, more or less, this week, with X-O Manowar #24.

And finally, Moonstone is launching Sheena #1. I'm not a big fan of white jungle lords (or ladies), with its subtext of early 1900s racial attitudes and manifest destiny complex. But Sheena was one of the first in comics, and deserves points for female empowerment. Plus, I'm always glad to see a classic character return -- characters like Sheena and Flash Gordon deserve better than cancellation and obscurity.

THIS WEEK'S COMICS

The Comics Guide is assembled from the Diamond Comic Distributors Inc. website, and is subject to change. Clicking on most images results in a larger image. All information is from Diamond and/or publisher solicitations and press releases, except for random comments by Captain Comics (in blue), and occasional comments by The Baron (in this here purplish color).

ARCHIE COMICS

All of the following books are late, having originally been solicited for April 2 or earlier. And all of the books that were originally scheduled for this week have been bumped. It's not really important from a consumer perspective, since there's no continuity to worry about, but it's a little worrisome.

ARCHIE #654

Script: STEVEN DUVALL SCOTT

Art: JEFF SHULTZ, BOB SMITH, JACK MORELLI, DIGIKORE STUDIOS

Cover: FERNANDO RUIZ, BOB SMITH, ROSARIO "TITO" PENA

Casablanca Variant: JEFF SHULTZ, ROSARIO "TITO" PENA

32 pages, FC, $2.99 U.S.

There’s a Speed Dating event at Pop’s and everyone is invited! Love is in the air as new relationships blossom in true Riverdale fashion! It’s like a dream come true for Archie -- the chance to date every girl in Riverdale (and Jughead’s worst nightmare!). With more than just two girls to choose between, who on earth will Archie pick?! Find out in this fun-filled story featuring special guest appearances!

ARCHIE COMICS SPECTACULAR: SPORTS TIME (TPB)

Script: Various

Art: Various

Cover: FERNANDO RUIZ, RICH KOSLOWSKI, ROSARIO "TITO" PENA

$5.99 U.S./$6.99 CAN

4 7/8 x 6 9/16”

TPB, 128 pp

It's Sports Time at Riverdale High, and that can mean only one thing -- slapstick cartoon sports comedy galore featuring Archie, Betty, Veronica, Jughead and friends, all in a great pocket-size edition! This collection features 128 pages of hand-picked, favorite stories about the romantic ups and downs of Riverdale, presented in high-quality, bright white paper with a cardstock cover!

ARCHIE’S FUNHOUSE DOUBLE DIGEST #4

Script: BILL GOLLIHER

Art: FERNANDO RUIZ, RUDY LAPICK, BILL YOSHIDA, BARRY GROSSMAN

Cover: FERNANDO RUIZ, RICH KOSLOWSKI, ROSARIO "TITO" PENA

160-page, FC, $3.99 U.S.

Reggie and Archie -- actually having fun together?! That’s all thanks to Archie’s voice distorter toy, assisting the troublemaking duo in their shenanigans. When they discover a setting on it that sounds exactly like Mr. Weatherbee’s voice, they have the chance to pull off some of the best pranks Riverdale High School has ever witnessed! Find out what kind of calamity ensues in “Principal Prank” the zany lead story to a fun-filled double digest -- just in time for April Fool’s!

MEGA MAN #35

Writer: IAN FLYNN

Art: TYSON HESSE, PATRICK SPAZIANTE, GARY MARTIN, JOHN WORKMAN, MATT HERMS

Cover: PATRICK "SPAZ" SPAZIANTE

Mega Man X Variant: BEN BATES

32-page, FC, $2.99 U.S.

The world of MEGA MAN X returns! Blast from the deadly jungle to the ferocious future in the Mega Man issue everyone is talking about! "Shadow of the Moon" Part Two: Mega Man leads his fellow robots into the mysterious ruins of the Temple of the Moon. What horrors will they uncover hidden in the shadows? MEANWHILE, halfway around the world, Break Man finally confronts Tempo! Then, in “The X Factor” Part Two – Maverick incidents are on the rise! Dr. Cain organizes the Hunters, but will X stand for their violent ways? Find out in this stunning story featuring all new cover and interior art by PATRICK "SPAZ" SPAZIANTE and a sweet MEGA MAN X variant from BEN BATES!

SONIC UNIVERSE #62

Writer: IAN FLYNN

Art: JAMAL PEPPERS, JIM AMASH, JACK MORELLI, MATT HERMS

Cover: TRACY YARDLEY, JIM AMASH, STEVE DOWNER

CGI Variant Cover: RAFA KNIGHT

32-page, FC, $2.99 U.S.

The EPIC CONCLUSION to the alien-smashing saga starring Shadow the Hedgehog IS HERE! "Shadow Fall" Part Four: Shadow vs. Black Death -- for the fate of the world! Who will walk away alive? Who won’t make it to see a new day? Meanwhile, Rouge and Omega desperately try to save their G.U.N. comrades as Eclipse hunts them down! All this with a ticking nuclear time-bomb in the background! Don’t miss the pulse-pounding conclusion! Featuring new cover art from Tracy Yardley! and a special "CGI" variant by newcomer Sonic superstar Rafa Knight!

DARK HORSE

#1 FOR $1: EMILY AND THE STRANGERS

Writers: ROB REGER, MARIAH HUEHNER

Art/Cover: EMILY IVIE

Cover: BUZZ PARKER

FC, 32 pages, $1.00

One-shot

With the help of her trio of troublemaking cats, Emily is determined to make the most rockin’ song the world has ever known and win a legendary haunted guitar ... but can she do it solo? Only one thing is for sure -- what Emily wants, Emily gets ... sometimes.

Look for the Emily and the Strangers collection on sale May 2014!

“If the White Stripes, Edward Gorey and Tim Burton had a baby ... that would be Emily.” -- Mania

B.P.R.D. HELL ON EARTH #118

Writers: MIKE MIGNOLA, JOHN ARCUDI

Art: JAMES HARREN

Colors: DAVE STEWART

Cover: RAFAEL ALBUQUERQUE

Variant: RYAN SOOK

FC, 32 pages, $3.50

Ongoing

20 Years of Hellboy!

With the Russian bureau director on the brink of death, the B.P.R.D. somehow manages to stand their ground against Zinco’s forces, while Liz Sherman and the Black Flame fight fire against fire in the skies of New York, Akira style.

• Art by James Harren (Conan the Barbarian).

• From the pages of Hellboy!

• 4 of 5 special variant covers celebrating 20 years of Hellboy!

I trade-wait this book -- actually, I get the hardbacks -- and the last collection I bought still had Guy Davis on the art. But this book has James Harren doing the honors, and the TPB below lists Tyler Crook. I'll continue to get the book, because it's always been the story that kept me coming back. But it looks like I've got some novelty in my future!

B.P.R.D.: HELL ON EARTH VOL 8 (TPB)

Writers: MIKE MIGNOLA, JOHN ARCUDI

Art: TYLER CROOK

Colors: DAVE STEWART

Cover: MIKE MIGNOLA

FC, 144 pages, $19.99

TP, 7” x 10”

The return of Liz Sherman!

As Liz Sherman fights for her life in Utah, the BPRD plans an assault into the no man’s land that used to be New York City, and the young psychic Fenix faces a monster-worshiping cult at the Salton Sea. Collects B.P.R.D. Hell on Earth #110-115.

• Art by Eisner winner Tyler Crook (The Sixth Gun).

• From the pages of Hellboy!

“A strong jumping on point for this series.” -- IGN

BRAIN BOY VOL 1: PSY VS. PSY (TPB)

Writer: FRED VAN LENTE

Pencils: FREDDIE WILLIAMS II, R. B. SILVA

Inks: ROB LEAN

Colors: EGO

Cover: ARIEL OLIVETTI

FC, 112 pages, $14.99

TP, 7” x 10”

Ambushed while protecting an important statesman, Matt Price, a.k.a. Brain Boy, finds himself wrapped up in political intrigue that could derail a key United Nations conference and that sets the psychic spy on a collision course with a man whose mental powers rival his own! Collects Brain Boy #0–#3.

• New York Times bestseller Fred Van Lente (Archer & Armstrong).

• Art by R. B. Silva (Superboy, Jimmy Olsen), and Freddie Williams II (Green Arrow, Captain Atom)!

I'm on the fence about getting this book, but I have to give points for the excellet pun on "Spy vs. Spy"!

THE CHRONICLES OF CONAN VOL 26: LEGION OF THE DEAD AND OTHER STORIES (TPB)

Writers/Art: Various

On sale Apr 16

FC, 232 pages, $19.99

TPB, 7” x 10”

A DEAL WITH DOOM!

The limitless power of the Elder Gods lives within a child who has fallen under the shroud of the Devourer of Souls. The fate of creation falls to the warrior Conan, who must travel to the underworld and make a pact with an old adversary—the malefic sorcerer Thulsa Doom! Collects Marvel’s Conan the Barbarian #199–#205 and Conan the Barbarian Annual #12.

• Conan is a fantasy icon, inspiring novels, comics, games, three feature films, and a television series.

• Collecting the long-out-of-print Conan titles from Marvel Comics.

CRIME DOES NOT PAY ARCHIVES VOL 7 (HC)

Writers/Art: Various

April 16, 2014

FC, 280 pages; HC, $49.99

6 5/8” x 10 3/16”

A crooked path of theft, extortion, and murder can only lead one place: the electric chair! When will these no-good mugs learn? The latest volume of the Eisner and Harvey Award–nominated archival series collects issues #46-49 of the wildly popular 1940s true-crime comic series, with a new foreword by Lorenzo Carcaterra (Sleepers).

• 2013 Eisner and Harvey Award–nominated series!

• Foreword by Lorenzo Carcaterra (New York Times best-selling author of Sleepers)!

DARK HORSE PRESENTS #35

Writers: JUSTIN ACLIN, CHAD LAMBERT, MIKE RICHARDSON, CHRISTOPHER SEBELA, DARRIN GRIMWOOD, JAMIE S. RICH

Writer/Art: STAN SAKAI, DEAN MOTTER, MICHAEL T. GILBERT, DENNIS CULVER, BRENDAN MCCARTHY

Art: NICOLAS DANIEL SELMA, APRI KUSBIANTORO, RON CHAN, BRIAN CHURILLA, BRENT SCHOONOVER

Cover: DEAN MOTTER

On sale Apr 16

FC, 80 pages, $7.99

Ongoing

2013 Eisner Award and Harvey Award Winner!

Stan Sakai’s rabbit ronin returns to Dark Horse Presents with a full-color story! Chad Lambert and Apri Kusbiantoro tell another tale of the backstage world behind life in radio! A new chapter in the secret lives of teddy bears is revealed! And long-running serial Integer City comes to its exciting conclusion!

Plus, new installments of Cruel Biology, S.H.O.O.T. First, The Deleted, Davey Jones, Mister X and Mr. Monster!

“Dark Horse’s prestigious anthology series ... showcases emerging talent alongside some of the greatest writers, artists and cartoonists comics has to offer.” -- ComicsAlliance

“I’ve read a lot of comics anthologies in my time and it’s not often that I’ve seen such a consistently high level of quality throughout.”  -- Comic Bastards

GHOST #3

Writers: KELLY SUE DECONNICK, CHRIS SEBELA

Art: RYAN SOOK

Color: DAVE MCCAIG

Cover: TERRY DODSON

FC, 32 pages, $2.99

Ongoing

AN ATTACK ON ALL FRONTS!

While Doctor October sends her demonic enforcers to attack Elisa and her friends, the White City Butcher captures Tommy and Sloane. Ghost will have to choose between uncovering the secrets of her past and protecting everyone’s future! Interdimensional forces turn Chicago into a war zone in the first arc’s clashing conclusion!

• Kelly Sue DeConnick and Chris Sebela’s fast-paced action barely pauses for breath!

• Stunning art from Ryan Sook (B.P.R.D.)!

• Cover by Terry Dodson!

Originally solicited for Jan. 22. This book is essentially a quarterly. Maybe not even that.

GHOST OMNIBUS VOL 5 (TPB)

Writers: MIKE KENNEDY, CHRIS WARNER

Art: RYAN BENJAMIN, CHRIS BRUNNER

Colors: DIGITAL BROOME, HEROIC AGE

Cover: JASON PEARSON

FC, 296 pages; $24.99

TPB, 6" x 9"

Human souls are evicted from their bodies by malign entities who seek to murder the spirits and seal the possessions. Ghost’s sister, Margo, is a victim, and the dark powers of Silhouette that slept within her are unleashed by her invader. Can Ghost stop the slaughter and save Margo’s soul? Collects Ghost (second series) #12-22, “Silhouette: Haunted Past” from DHP Annual 2000, and a story from Dark Horse Extra.

• Conclusion of second Ghost series!

• Art by superstar Ryan Benjamin!

ITTY BITTY HELLBOY (TPB)

Writers: ART BALTAZAR, FRANCO

Art/Cover: ART BALTAZAR

FC, 128 pages, $9.99

TPB, 6” x 9”

ART BALTAZAR & FRANCO take on HELLBOY!

Witness the awesomeness that is Hellboy! The characters that sprung from Mike Mignola’s imagination, with an AW YEAH Art Baltazar and Franco twist! This book has ALL the FUN, adventure, and AW YEAHNESS in one itty bitty package! That’s a true story right there. Collects Itty Bitty Hellboy #1–#5.

• The creators of Tiny Titans, Superman Family Adventures and Aw Yeah Comics come to Dark Horse!

• Celebrating 20 years of Hellboy!

Oh, dear. I sure hope this is included in the Hellboy Library series, because I want to read it! And I don't want to find out years from now that I missed it!

SKYMAN #4 (of 4)

Writer: JOSHUA HALE FIALKOV

Pencils: MANUEL GARCIA

Inks: JAVIER BERGANTINO MENOR

Colors: MARTA MARTINEZ GARCIA

Cover: FREDDIE WILLIAMS II, DAN SCOTT

FC, 32 pages, $2.99

Miniseries

Fighting for his life thousands of feet above the ground, Skyman faces off against the people who made him a hero -- and if he fails, he falls! Literally!

They tried to make the perfect weapon, but they got a hero instead. And Skyman intends to act like one, even if it costs him his life!

Joshua Hale Fialkov (Hunger, The Bunker) and Manuel Garcia (Bloodshot) deliver a new kind of Dark Horse hero!

Since Skyman is part of the new DH superhero line, I'm assuming he'll come back in some form -- another miniseries, an ongoing solo title, or perhaps as part of a team.

THE STAR WARS #7

Writer: JONATHAN RINZLER

Art: MIKE MAYHEW

Colors: RAIN BEREDO

Cover: NICK RUNGE

FC, 32 pages, $3.99

Ongoing

When Princess Leia falls into the hands of Darth Vader, General Skywalker, Annikin Starkiller, and Han Solo must go on the offensive against the Galactic Empire. But they have a secret weapon on their side -- one that the Imperials have vastly underestimated: Wookiees!

• Official eight-issue adaptation of George Lucas’s original rough-draft screenplay for Star Wars!

“If you love Star Wars with every fiber of your being than you will find everything you love about Star Wars in these pages in a new and interesting way.” -- All-Comic

"This is a great read and has been each and every issue." -- Comics List

STAR WARS: DARTH VADER AND THE CRY OF SHADOWS #5 (of 5)

Writer: TIM SIEDELL

Art: GABRIEL GUZMAN

Colors: MICHAEL ATIYEH

Cover: FELIPE MASSAFERA

FC, 32 pages, $3.50

Miniseries

Trooper vs. trooper!

Stormtrooper Hock sabotages the remnant Separatists from the inside as they defend against Darth Vader’s advancing forces, and fights for his life against a figure from his past. At Vader’s side, Hock witnesses firsthand the power and ruthlessness of the man-machine he has followed into battle!

Tim Siedell (@badbanana) has one of Time’s 140 Best Twitter Feeds!

STAR WARS VOL 2: FROM THE RUINS OF ALDERAAN (TPB)

Writer: BRIAN WOOD

Art: CARLOS D'ANDA

Pencils: RYAN KELLY

Inks: DAN PEARSONS

Colors: GABE ELTAEB

Cover: HUGH FLEMING

FC, 144 pages, $19.99

TPB, 7” x 10”

Our heroes captured by the Empire!

The Rebels’ covert ops go on the offensive as Princess Leia sends two of her top pilots -- Wedge Antilles and Luke Skywalker -- to be “captured” by the Empire! Meanwhile, Leia takes off on her own to locate a safe haven. But Darth Vader is on the alert! Collects issues #7-12 of the ongoing series.

Brian Wood, Ryan Kelly, Carlos D’Anda!

“Unbridled imagination, energy and excitement is exactly what Wood brings to this story.” -- Comic Book Resources

There was an April's Fool press release that really didn't fool anybody, touting DH's plans to have a flashback to Luke and Leia gettin' it on before they found out they were siblings, Han Solo wetting his pants when he shot Greedo and all the major Star Wars characters getting killed in December, 2014 ... just before Marvel takes over the franchise.

TREKKER TRAIN TO AVALON BAY (TPB)

Writer/Art/Cover: RON RANDALL

Art: KARL KESEL

Colors: JEREMY COLWELL

FC, 96 pages, $9.99

TP, 7” x 10”

RON RANDALL’S TREKKER RETURNS!

New Gelaph’s baddest bounty hunter, Mercy St. Clair, is in desperate need of a vacation, and her friend Molly isn’t going to take no for an answer. But when their train to the Avalon Bay resort is attacked by armed men, Mercy has to ditch her evening wear in exchange for a pair of high-powered guns. Collects installments from Dark Horse Presents #24-29.

Features the 22-page crossover comic City of the Dead, featuring Ron Randall’s trekker, Mercy St. Clair, and Karl Kesel’s Johnny Zombie! For the first time ever in print!

Pinups by Dustin Weaver, Jonathan Case, Karl Kesel, and many more!

THE WHITE SUITS #3 (of 4)

Writer: FRANK BARBIERE

Art/Cover: TOBY CYPRESS

FC, 32 pages, $3.99

Miniseries

“Lots of guns and mystery.” -- Comic Attack

Mob war erupts in Chinatown! In a desperate final gambit, New York’s criminal underworld and their Russian mercenaries draw the murderous White Suits into a deadly ambush, with ex-Suit Prizrak and FBI agent Sarah Anderson as hostages. With no way out but death, who will survive the “Kill Box”?

Violent noir action from Frank Barbiere (Blackout, Five Ghosts) and Toby Cypress (Blue Estate, Predator).

You need to be a member of Captain Comics to add comments!

Join Captain Comics

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• DC COMICS

ADVENTURES OF SUPERMAN VOL 1 (TPB)

1936290177?profile=RESIZE_180x180Written by JEFF PARKER, JEFF LEMIRE, MATT KINDT, DAN ABNETT, ANDY LANNING, ROB WILLIAMS and others

Art by CHRIS SAMNEE, JEFF LEMIRE, JOELLE JONES, STEPHEN SEGOVIA, PETE WOODS, CHRIS WESTON, PIA GUERRA and others

Cover by BRYAN HITCH

168 pg, FC, $14.99 US

Some of comics’ top creators take on the Man of Steel in this collection of stand-alone Superman stories from ADVENTURES OF SUPERMAN #1-5! Don’t miss the Man of Steel’s battles with Lex Luthor, Bizarro, Brainiac, Zod and more!

I try not to be a fuddy-duddy, but sometimes I miss the Superman above, who wore a costume and not a "Kryptonian battle suit."

1801291502?profile=RESIZE_180x180

AMERICAN VAMPIRE: SECOND CYCLE #2

1936292079?profile=RESIZE_180x180Written by SCOTT SNYDER

Art and cover by RAFAEL ALBUQUERQUE

32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • MATURE READERS

Pearl has made The Preston House a place of peace. But when something comes to threaten that peace, she’ll do anything to protect her young strays. The blockbuster return of AMERICAN VAMPIRE continues here!

I read the first issue, and this is an entirely unexpected starting point. This series always manages to avoid the predictable and the cliche. It's not Scott Snyder's most famous work, but it may be his best.

1801323517?profile=RESIZE_180x180BATMAN #30

1936292186?profile=RESIZE_180x180Written by SCOTT SNYDER

Art by GREG CAPULLO and DANNY MIKI

Cover by GREG CAPULLO

1:25 MAD Variant cover

32 pg, FC, $3.99 US • RATED T

Combo pack edition: $4.99 US

This issue will ship with three covers.

“ZERO YEAR – SAVAGE CITY” begins!
    This issue is also offered as a combo pack edition with a redemption code for a digital download of this issue.

Speaking of Snyder, I can't wait to read this trade!

1801323517?profile=RESIZE_180x180BATMAN AND WONDER WOMAN #30

1936292303?profile=RESIZE_180x180Written by PETER J. TOMASI

Art and cover by PATRICK GLEASON and MICK GRAY

32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T

This issue will ship with two covers.

The quest for Damian’s remains takes Batman to Paradise Island and into direct conflict with Wonder Woman!

Weirdly, DC is beginning this series with issue #30, when Diana and Bruce are divorced and having a bitter court fight over their children, and publishing backwards to issue #1, when the couple come together in grief over the death of Superman. 

April Fool! But it sounds plausible, doesn't it?

1801323517?profile=RESIZE_180x180BATMAN ETERNAL #2

1936292409?profile=RESIZE_180x180Written by SCOTT SNYDER, JAMES TYNION IV, JOHN LAYMAN, RAY FAWKES and TIM SEELEY

Art and cover by JASON FABOK

A notorious Batman adversary appears for the first time in The New 52 continuity!

I read the first issue of this and felt it was kinda contrived. There's a cop that practically wears a sign around his neck reading "I am part of a conspiracy against Jim Gordon," and in the arrest, Gordon essentially insists on being blamed for something that couldn't have arisen from his actions. And what he did do falls under the heading of honest error (and is kinda sketchy anyway). None of this would lead to the arrest of a high municipal official without at least an investigation. But BOOM the police commissioner is arrested and charged with ... what exactly? I'm not sure what he could be guilty of.

1801323517?profile=RESIZE_180x180BATWOMAN #30

1936292445?profile=RESIZE_180x180Written by MARC ANDREYKO

Art by JEREMY HAUN

Cover by RAFAEL ALBUQUERQUE

32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T+

Assault on Arkham Asylum! Wolf Spider needs one more painting, and Batwoman will do anything to keep it out of his hands – even if it means entering the notorious asylum!

1801323517?profile=RESIZE_180x180BIRDS OF PREY #30

1936292600?profile=RESIZE_180x180Written by CHRISTY MARX

Art by ROBSON ROCHA and JONATHAN GLAPION

Cover by JORGE MOLINA

As her teammates fall, only Black Canary stands between the utterly helpless Mother Eve and Ra’s al Ghul. If she stands aside, her husband will be saved. If she refuses to fold, everybody else will die! What can she possibly do?

1801323517?profile=RESIZE_180x180DAYTRIPPER (DELUXE EDITION HC)

1936294318?profile=RESIZE_180x180Written by GABRIEL BA and FABIO MOON

Art by FABIO MOON and GABRIEL BA

Cover by GABRIEL BA

272 pg, FC, 7.0625” x 10.875”, $34.99 US • MATURE READERS

What are the most important days of your life? Fábio Moon and Gabriel Bá answer that question in this new deluxe edition hardcover of the hit 10-issue miniseries that won praise from such comics veterans as Terry Moore, Craig Thompson and Jeff Smith. Follow aspiring writer Brás de Oliva Domingos as each chapter of DAYTRIPPER peers in at a completely different moment in his life. Moon and Bá tell a beautifully lyrical tale chronicling Domingos’s entire existence – from his loves to his deaths and all the possibilities in between.

I enjoyed this, but not enough to pop for a deluxe edition. It's a nice story at the trade paperback price point.

1801215765?profile=RESIZE_180x180 FINAL CRISIS (NEW EDITION TPB)

1936294374?profile=RESIZE_180x180Written by GRANT MORRISON

Art by J.G. JONES, DOUG MAHNKE, LEE GARBETT and others

Cover by J.G. JONES

352 pg, FC, $19.99 US

The mind-blowing miniseries is back in an expanded trade paperback collecting FINAL CRISIS #1-7, FINAL CRISIS: SUBMIT #1, FINAL CRISIS: SUPERMAN BEYOND #1-2, DC UNIVERSE #0, BATMAN #682-683 and pages from ABSOLUTE FINAL CRISIS! What happens when evil wins? Superman, Batman and the Justice League must face this reality when Darkseid and his followers win the war between light and dark!

I think Grant Morrison was going for a Big Story here, but I honestly lost track of what was going on several times, and wasn't enjoying myself enough to start over and re-read it carefully, and then everything kinda started over anyway, so it didn't matter. That allowed me to ignore it, and wait for Feargal to explain it to me.

But this is a good price point, if you haven't read it. SPOILER: Batman does not die.

GREEN LANTERN: NEW GUARDIANS #30

1936294440?profile=RESIZE_180x180Written by JUSTIN JORDAN

Art by BRAD WALKER and DREW HENNESSY

Kyle and the New Guardians are trapped between X’Hal and the Godkillers! Both have the power to destroy dozens of planets … so how does Kyle choose who to stop first?

1801323517?profile=RESIZE_180x180THE GREEN TEAM: TEEN TRILLIONAIRES VOL. 1 – MONEY AND POWER (TPB)

1936296703?profile=RESIZE_180x180Written by ART BALTAZAR and FRANCO

Art by IG GUARA and J.P. MAYER

Cover by AMANDA CONNER

On sale APRIL 16 • 192 pg, FC, $16.99 US

When four teen trillionaires join forces, nothing is impossible. But as these wealthy teens decide that their future is in super heroics, can anything stop them from achieving their goal? Find out in these stories from issues #1-8!

HARLEY QUINN #5

1936296745?profile=RESIZE_180x180Written by AMANDA CONNER and JIMMY PALMIOTTI

Art by CHAD HARDIN

Cover by AMANDA CONNER

Sure, Harley has made some enemies along the way. So what happens when a bunch of them show up to kill her dead? She kills them right back, of course! You’ve been warned: This issue contains violence.1801323517?profile=RESIZE_180x180THE JOKER: DEATH OF THE FAMILY (TPB)

1936298639?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writers: SCOTT SNYDER, PETER J. TOMASI, JOHN LAYMAN and others

Art: GREG CAPULLO, PATRICK GLEASON, JASON FABOK and others

Cover: GREG CAPULLO

456 pg, FC, $24.99 US

The Joker makes his horrifying return in these tales from BATMAN #17, CATWOMAN #13-14, BATGIRL #14-16, BATMAN AND ROBIN #15-17, NIGHTWING #15-16, DETECTIVE COMICS #16-17, RED HOOD AND THE OUTLAWS #15-16 and TEEN TITANS #15, plus pages from BATMAN #13, BATGIRL #13, NIGHTWING #14, RED HOOD AND THE OUTLAWS #13-14, SUICIDE SQUAD #14-15 and TEEN TITANS #14 and 16.

In case it's not obvious from the solicitation, this is a collection of the ancillary stories in the "Death of a Family" story -- stories that take place in books as widespread as Teen Titans and Red Hood and the Outlaws that essentially explain how characters in those books ended up in the climactic scene of the main story, which is found in Batman: Death of a Family. These stories aren't bad by any stretch -- I recall the Batgirl sequence as being pretty wild -- but no one should buy this thinking they're getting the main story. And if you get this, you really should get Batman: Death of a Family too, or this book won't make much sense.

JUSTICE LEAGUE #29

1936298985?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: GEOFF JOHNS

Art/Cover: IVAN REIS and JOE PRADO

1:25 Robot Chicken Variant

32 pg, FC, $3.99 US • RATED T

Combo pack edition: $4.99 US

This issue will ship with three covers.

The Crime Syndicate couldn't kill him, but will Grid destroy him? Cyborg heads directly for the Syndicate with the Metal Men at his side. But can Vic Stone stop his cybernetic half? And how will this battle against the most brutal and evil beings in the universe change Cyborg and the Justice League?

This issue is also offered as a combo pack edition with a redemption code for a digital download of this issue.

1801297979?profile=RESIZE_180x180JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA OMNIBUS VOL 1 (HC)

1936301198?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: GARDNER FOX

Art: MIKE SEKOWSKY and BERNARD SACHS

Cover: MIKE SEKOWSKY and MURPHY ANDERSON

896 pg, FC, $99.99 US

Collecting THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD #28-30, JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA #1-30 and MYSTERY IN SPACE #75! Together, Aquaman, The Flash, Green Lantern, Martian Manhunter and Wonder Woman stand against such rogues as Starro, Despero, Kanjar Ro and Felix Faust!

Wow, this is about half of the Silver Age Justice League! If you've never read these seminal stories, this is a pretty good package!

1801215843?profile=RESIZE_180x180RED HOOD AND THE OUTLAWS #30

1936301518?profile=RESIZE_180x180Written by WIL PFEIFER

Art by RAFA SANDOVAL

Cover by PHILIP TAN and NORM RAPMUND

Jason and Kori face off against the Agents of S.H.A.D.E. as they embark on a quest to save a kidnapped Roy from his alien abductors!

The reason I don't read this series is because I'm kinda rooting for the aliens -- I don't much like Roy. And I don't much like Bad Robin. And I used to like Starfire, which is exactly why I don't like her here, because this character is some sort of slutty, brain-damaged blow-up doll, not the Koriand'r of New Teen Titans.

And besides, three isn't a team -- it's a crowd. So there.

But the book has lasted for 30 issues, so somebody -- a lot of somebodies -- must like it. Good for you. But I'm going to continue my policy of pretending it doesn't exist.

1801323517?profile=RESIZE_180x180SINESTRO #1

1936301564?profile=RESIZE_180x180Written by CULLEN BUNN

Art and cover by DALE EAGLESHAM

1:25 Variant cover by DOUG MAHNKE

Thaal Sinestro has lost everything he’s ever loved: his home, his family, his only friend. But no matter how desperate he becomes, Sinestro will never be without fear ... a lesson his one-time ally, one-time enemy Lyssa Drak is eager to teach him! Can he take back the despicable Yellow Lantern Corps? Or does the universe have a new destiny in mind for Sinestro?

I am genuinely curious to see if they can figure out a way to make this work. I mean, is Thaal Sinestro* really interesting enough to carry a series? I don't think so, but I'm eager to be convinced.

(*Note to parents: When you name your child "Sinestro," do not be surprised if they become supervillains.)

1801323517?profile=RESIZE_180x180SMALLVILLE SEASON 11: LANTERN #1

1936301638?profile=RESIZE_180x180Written by BRYAN Q. MILLER

Art by MARCIO TAKARA

Cover by CAT STAGGS

40 pg, FC, 1 of 4, $3.99 US RATED T • DIGITAL FIRST

The Green Lantern ring for space sector 2813 was inactive for years after Krypton’s end, until the creation of the Argo colony recalled it to service. As none of Zod’s followers are suitable candidates, the ring’s search brings it to the nearest Kryptonian it can recruit! SMALLVILLE SEASON 11 continues in “Lantern” part 1 of 4!

This almost makes me regret not reading this series. Super-Lantern would be kinda fun, plus where do you go from here? I have no idea, which means I'd like to read it.

1801323517?profile=RESIZE_180x180SUPERGIRL #30

1936301861?profile=RESIZE_180x180Written by TONY BEDARD

Art by EMANUELA LUPACCHINO

Cover by KENNETH ROCAFORT

In “Red Daughter of Krypton” part 2 of 3, the newest, most powerful Red Lantern finally meets her match! Worldkiller-1 is a cosmic menace from the darkest recesses of Kara’s past, and he will gladly destroy every one of her crimson teammates to get to her …

Hey, look, Supergirl's being really unpleasant! It must be a day ending in Y.

1801323517?profile=RESIZE_180x180TRINITY OF SIN: PANDORA #10

1936301880?profile=RESIZE_180x180Written by RAY FAWKES

Art by FRANCIS PORTELA

Cover by JULIAN TOTINO

In the aftermath of “Forever Evil: Blight,” Pandora has no time to comprehend the burden facing her when she must take on the awesome power of Giganta!

I read the first Pandora trade, hoping to find a personality behind the plot device. Because, as a plot device, her purpose is served -- so why is she still hanging around?

But what I discovered is that she's kinda been a complete idiot for millennia, trying to re-open the Box she didn't understand in the slightest. And when she does, finally, open it the second time -- as we see in "Trinity War" -- it brings on, essentially, the apocalypse.

Nice going, Pandora! You know, you opened the box the first time out of ignorance and curiosity, for which you should really have been quickly forgiven, but you weren't. That's a shame. But the second time you opened it you did even greater damage, and this time you did it on purpose, and knowing that you really had no idea what would happen, which evaporates whatever sympathy I had for you.

So far you're 0-for-2 in being beneficial to the human race. Feel free to go away now.

1801323517?profile=RESIZE_180x180THE UNWRITTEN: APOCALYPSE #4

1936301891?profile=RESIZE_180x180Written by MIKE CAREY

Art by PETER GROSS

Cover by YUKO SHIMIZU

32 pg, FC, $3.99 US • MATURE READERS

“War Stories,” part 3 of 3. Sometimes the closest thing you can find to a friend is your enemy’s enemy. But when Tom tries to enlist the help of Madame Rausch, he discovers that she’s already fighting a war of her own.

1801323517?profile=RESIZE_180x180WONDER WOMAN #30

1936304164?profile=RESIZE_180x180Written by BRIAN AZZARELLO

Art by GORAN SUDZUKA

Cover by CLIFF CHIANG

Wonder Woman, the God of War, takes command of the deadliest army ever! The Amazons are back, and they have some scores to settle …

"The Amazons are back ..."

Hmmm. I'm curious to see what Azzarello does with them. Especially mama Hippolyta.

1801323517?profile=RESIZE_180x180

• DYNAMITE

BAD ASS #4 (OF 4)

1936285469?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: HERIK HANNA

Art/Cover: BRUNO BESSADI

Mature / 32 pages / $3.99

FINAL ISSUE!!! Dead End's epic fight with Black Snake comes to a head- and only one will get to leave with theirs intact. Meanwhile, the story of Dead End's origin reaches a high point with his first act as a disgruntled vigilante causing him to explode onto the scene. Dead End's fate is uncertain at best ... but what else do you expect from a total bad ass? Don't miss the shocking conclusion to the saga of Dead End!

1936275026?profile=RESIZE_180x180CAPTAIN ACTION CAT: THE TIMESTREAM CATASTROPHE! #1 (of 4)

1936285683?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936287777?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936289727?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936275026?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: ART BALTAZAR, FRANCO SMITH, CHRIS "ZOD" SMITS

Art/Cover: ART BALTAZAR

Blank Authentix Variant

All Ages / 32 pages / $3.99

From the Eisner and Harvey award-winning, New York Times bestselling famous cartoonists Art Baltazar and Franco comes the crossover epic event of a lifetime! Finally, Captain Action Cat meets Action Cat and the characters from Aw Yeah Comics! Also crossing over with Dark Horse Comics characters such as Ghost, X, Captain Midnight and The Occultist, this series promises the typical zaniness that the creators of Tiny Titans are known for. True story!

In Captain Action Cat: The Timestream CATastrophe #1, there is something evil out there and Evil Cat is determined to find it ... even if it means searching throughout the Silver Age to do it! Could this blip on the screen be the one known as Doctor Evil Cat? What will happen when the Silver Age and the "Aw Yeah Age" collide! What does this mean to the timestream? The fate of the comic world may change forever! Plus, a mysterious frozen souvenir from the Golden Age makes a visit! For the first time ever, The Timestream CATastrophe introduces Captain Action Cat, an anthropomorphic action hero based on the classic action figure/adventure toy, Captain Action!

"All I have to say is: Wow!" says co-writer/artist Art Baltazar. "I am amazed at the comics which we get to create sometimes! Captain Action action figures have been a classic American toy forever, and now that he is back, the world will be a better place! It's an honor to be working so close to this iconic character … even if our version is a cat. Aw yeah!"

"I feel so lucky to be in this industry and that people are willing to let us play with their toys," adds co-writer Franco! "This one means quite a bit to me personally because this crossover event features something we created -- Action Cat from our own Aw Yeah Comics -- which we get to cross over with Captain Action (as a cat) and the heroic crew from Dark Horse. 'Wow' is an understatement! Every year, I think we cannot top what we did before ... and I am proven wrong, as this is one of the coolest things I've ever had the privilege to work on! Aw Yeah, Dynamite!"

"I've gotta say, we've had some fun, high octane, cataclysmic, unbelievable crossovers through the years," states Dynamite CEO/Publisher Nick Barrucci. "But this crossover will be the most fun! What Art and Franco have put together is just incredible! Bringing together the Aw Yeah universe, the Dark Horse universe, and the Dynamite universe -- this true trifecta is going to be epic. And did I mention fun? Aw Yeah!"

"Art and Franco have been having a blast with this 'Itty Bitty' series. We loved their treatment of Hellboy and I'm particularly eager to see what mayhem they'll inflict on our superheroes," states Dark Horse President and Publisher Mike Richardson. "Ghost and X teamed with Action Cat and Captain Action? Who would have thought?"

"Art and Franco bring a unique and infectious brand of fun to everything they do, and we're thrilled to have them focus on more Captain Action adventure with Dynamite in 2014," said Ed Catto, founding partner of Captain Action Enterprises.

1936275026?profile=RESIZE_180x180

THE SHADOW #24

1936291854?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936293777?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936293974?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936239390?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936296061?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: CHRIS ROBERSON

Artist: GIOVANNI TIMPANO

Main Cover: ALEX ROSS

Subscription Variant: DENNIS CALERO

Variant Cover: DEAN MOTTER

Teen + / 32 pages / $3.99

The authorities are already baffled by a rash of unexplainable deaths in Chinatown, but when the recently deceased begin to rise from their graves and plague the living, it is clear they are out of their league. Thankfully the Shadow is on hand, and ready to stand against the Zombie Queen of Chinatown!

1936239390?profile=RESIZE_180x180THE SIX MILLION DOLLAR MAN: SEASON 6 #2

1936298086?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936298382?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936298547?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936275026?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936300918?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: JAMES KUHORIC

Art: JUAN ANTONIO RAMIREZ

Cover: ALEX ROSS

"Li'l Dollar Man" Variant: KEN HAESER

Subscription variant: Photo

Teen +  / 32 pages / $3.99

Steve Austin is back in action with an all new issue of classic bionic adventure! A government conspiracy has led to the closure of the Bionics Program forcing Oscar Goldman to reassign his most valuable agents and scramble for options. Without Rudy Wells' constant maintenance and upgrades, it's only a matter of time before Steve and Jamie's bionic technology runs down and ultimately fails. NASA scientists study the otherworldly entity enveloping the Venus Probe while a strange alien hybrid takes its first steps on Earth and begins sowing the seeds of conquest. And while Steve faces a dangerous Russian wilderness to uncover the secrets of a new Cold War technology, MASKATRON faces off against the Seven Million Dollar Man! Welcome back to the age of bionic action with the return of the original Six Million Dollar Man!

1936275026?profile=RESIZE_180x180SOLAR: MAN OF THE ATOM #1

1936300956?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936302989?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936303166?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936275026?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936305456?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936307617?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936309900?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936275026?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936312208?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: FRANK BARBIERE

Art: JOE BENNETT (Iron Man)

Covers: JUAN DOE

Subscription Variant: BOB LAYTON

Blank Authentix Variant

Store Name Variant: ROBERTO CASTRO

Teen + / 32 pages / $3.99

"This all started with an accident ..."AN ALL-NEW CORNER OF THE GOLD KEY UNIVERSE! Flooded with experimental radiation that grants him unbelievable powers, the brilliant-and-obsessive Dr. Phil Seleski seeks to unlock the secrets of the universe, begrudgingly becoming a "hero" along the way. But can a single man be trusted with near-limitless abilities? What will this mean to the ones he loves? And will his choices lead to utter chaos and destruction? Brilliant writer FRANK BARBIERE (Five Ghosts) and JOE BENNETT present the Man Of The Atom as you've NEVER imagined!

Dynamite proudly announces that a new ongoing Solar: Man of the Atom comic-book series, written by Frank Barbiere (Five Ghosts) and illustrated by Joe Bennett (Iron Man). Solar: Man of the Atom #1 marks the third highly-anticipated title release in Dynamite's "Gold Key" line of comic books, which also includes Turok: Dinosaur Hunter, Magnus: Robot Fighter (March 2014) and Doctor Spektor, a revival of beloved comic-book heroes courtesy of Dynamite's licensing agreement with DreamWorks Classics.

In Solar: Man of the Atom, brilliant scientist Dr. Phil Seleski is granted unbelievable powers after being flooded with an experimental radiation. Driven to unlock the secrets of the universe, he begrudgingly becomes a hero along the way … but can a single man be trusted with near-limitless abilities? What will this mean to those he loves … and will his choices lead to utter chaos and destruction?

"In our take, we've focused on the theme of family," says writer Frank Barbiere, whose series Five Ghosts launched in 2013 to much critical and fan acclaim. "We've got a character that suddenly becomes a being of extreme power, is thrust into a universal community and adopts the mantle of a hero. At the core is still a man, a human being who is not unlike us. Making this a personal story about how that affects his life and family has really brought it to some exciting new places. Solar's all-new cast of characters will feel the reverberations of his every action -- and not everyone is going to survive the fallout!"

While the re-imagined Gold Key line is intended to capture the spirit of beloved prior incarnations, the new Solar has been designed as a perfect jumping-on point for newcomers. "This is a brand new Solar: Man of the Atom," says Barbiere. "We'll have all the wonderful sci-fi action and excitement that the original is known for, yet apply those classic elements in a new direction that will feel fresh and new, introducing the character to a whole new generation of readers. We think they're going to love it!"

Joe Bennett joins Dynamite Entertainment as the artist on Solar: Man of the Atom, bringing his many years of industry experience to the project. Since the mid-1990s, Bennett has worked extensively on key superhero series from Marvel and DC Comics, including such action-packed titles as Amazing Spider-Man, Captain America, Thor, Birds of Prey, Deathstroke, Teen Titans, Iron Man and many more.

"Discovering Frank Barbiere's work on Five Ghosts was one of those rare moments in comics when you read someone's first foray into the medium and are immediately struck by his vast potential," says Nick Barrucci, the CEO/Publisher of Dynamite Entertainment . "He's an up-and-coming voice, and I can't wait for fans to hear that voice come through in Solar: Man of the Atom. Also, when it comes to Solar's cosmic scope and surreal visuals, I can't think of anyone better suited than Joe Bennett, a man I salute as one of the most talented and respected illustrators in the business."

Solar: Man of the Atom #1 will feature a wide selection of cover variants, presented by some of comics' most talented artists. The Main Cover will be supplied by Juan Doe (Fantastic Four, Deadpool), and a Subscription-Only Variant Cover, intended as a reward for dedicated fans who preorder with their local comic shop retailers, will feature the art of industry legend and classic Solar artist Bob Layton. A Blank Authentix Cover will be created for the first issue, featuring blank white space on the cover perfect for convention artist commissions or the creative whims of the do-it-yourself fan.

Additional cover artwork by Garry Brown (Five Ghosts), Stephen Mooney (Spike, Angel), and Ken Haeser (The Living Corpse) will be featured on special Retailer Incentive Original Art Covers, rewarded to and available from select retailers that meet certain ordering thresholds through Diamond Comic Distributors.

In addition to the Retailer Incentive Original Art Covers, Dynamite Entertainment is offering other special rewards and opportunities for retailers to support the Solar: Man of the Atom launch in a big way:

• Any orders of the Solar: Man of the Atom #1 Main Cover (Diamond Item Code FEB141125) and Subscription-Only Cover (FEB141126) will be fully returnable.

• Artist Roberto Castro (Lords of Mars, Spider-Man Vs. Vampires) has created a Retailer Exclusive Variant Cover, available for retailers to order through Diamond Comics. Numerous retailers can share the Castro artwork, but have personalized store names built into the front cover.

1936275026?profile=RESIZE_180x180WARLORD OF MARS #100

1936314283?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936316278?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936318469?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936275026?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936320450?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936320958?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936321031?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936275026?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936323301?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writers: ARVID NELSON, ROBERT PLACE NAPTON, MARK RAHNER

Art: JOSE MALAGA, LUI ANTONIO, JETHRO MORALES

Cover: JOSEPH MICHAEL LINSNER

Variant A: JAY ANACLETO

Variant B: FABIANO NEVES

Variant C: EMANUELA LUPACCHINO

Subscription variant cover: LUI ANTONIO

Subscription variant cover: NOAH SALONGA

Subscription variant cover: STEPHANIE BUSCEMA

Mature / 48 pages / $7.99

The Warlord of Mars comic series approaches a milestone -- nearly one hundred issues have been released to date by Dynamite Entertainment. To celebrate that incredible feat, Dynamite will be releasing a special celebratory Warlord of Mars #100! This special squarebound issue is written by three key Warlord of Mars writers, with multiple stories by Arvid Nelson, Robert Place Napton and Mark Rahner. Featuring a who's who of today's best comic artists, Warlord of Mars #100 features covers by joseph Michael Linsner, Jay Anacleto, Fabiano Neves, Emanuela Lupacchino and Stephanie Buscema. Also featuring special bonus material, this is a must-read for Warlord of Mars fans! This comic can be found in comic book stores and also can be read digitally this upcoming April.

In Warlord of Mars #100, we begin with a story by Robert Napton (Warlord of Mars: Dejah Thoris), taking place 400 years before John Carter's arrival on Barsoom, where a young Woola discovers an ancient First Born artifact that isn't quite what it seems. The story continues by Arvid Nelson (Warlord of Mars), as the artifact is recovered by the Warlord himself many years later. What happens to the good people of Helium as the evil power begins to be unleashed? And what could it mean for the rest of Barsoom? Then, in the final chapter by Mark Rahner (Dejah Thoris and the Green Men of Mars), Woola must do the hardest thing of his life: not protect John Carter. The fiercely loyal calot must resist his strongest instincts to save Carter from horrifying brutality -- or pay an infinitely worse price.

"Having been with Warlord of Mars from the very beginning, this issue has deep personal meaning for me," says writer Arvid Nelson. "Our goal from the start was to capture the spirit of the original stories, but also make them accessible for a modern audience. I'm proud of what we accomplished."

"It's an amazing milestone for Dynamite and the Warlord of Mars comics that we've reached our 100th issue," states writer Robert Place Napton. "It's a testament to the rich world Edgar Rice Burroughs created that we've come this far. I can't think of a better way to celebrate than throwing all the storytellers into the arena together and seeing what kind of mayhem ensues. It should be fun!"

"I've loved John Carter's adventures since I was a kid, and being a part of the 100th issue makes me feel like my life's come full circle," adds writer Mark Rahner. "So I need to go on a pilgrimage to the River Iss and be devoured."

IDW PUBLISHING

24 OMNIBUS

1936325234?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writers: J. C. VAUGHN, MARK L. HAYNES, BEAU SMITH

Art: RENATO GUEDES, MANNY CLARK, STEVE BRYANT, JEAN DIAZ

Cover: DAVIDE FURNO

TPB • FC • $24.99 • 340 pages • 6” x 9”

An action-packed collection of comics based on the acclaimed TV show 24. Follow Jack Bauer's exploits before President Palmer's victory as he tries to eliminate a mass murderer in the former Yugoslavia, struggles with drug cartels and radical separatists, as well as economic and ecological chaos. This volume collects 24: One Shot, 24: Midnight Sun, 24: Stories, 24: Cold Warriors and the prequel story 24: Nightfall. 5 great stories in one volume.

1801215843?profile=RESIZE_180x180THE CROW: PESTILENCE #2 (of 4)

1936327209?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: FRANK BILL

Art: DREW MOSS

Cover: JAMES O'BARR

Subscription Variant: RAYMUND BERMUDEZ

FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Salvador heads to the Midwest to search for the men who murdered his family, only to find them involved in trafficking drugs … and humans. As The Crow watches, guiding him, he begins to exact his revenge. But why is one of the gang members speaking with the police?

1801215843?profile=RESIZE_180x180FRANKENSTEIN; ALIVE, ALIVE REANIMATED EDITION

1936327452?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: STEVE NILES

Art/Cover: BERNIE WRIGHTSON

PC • 48 pages • $5.99

Re-presenting the first two sold-out issues of Steve Niles and Bernie Wrightson’s monster masterwork, in one handy volume! See what all the critical acclaim is for, in time for the third issue, because the first two are long gone …

1801215843?profile=RESIZE_180x180FRANKENSTEIN; ALIVE, ALIVE #3

1936329380?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: STEVE NILES

Art/Cover: BERNIE WRIGHTSON

PC • 32 pages • $3.99

The Monster has lived under the roof of Dr. Ingles for over a year but now what seemed like hospitality has taken a sinister turn. Why is the Doctor dismissing the other patients? And why is the monster left behind?

The much anticipated and long-delayed third issue of Steve Niles and Bernie Wrighston’s monster masterpiece is here!

1801215843?profile=RESIZE_180x180GHOSTBUSTERS VOL 7: HAPPY HORROR DAYS

1936331451?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: ERIK BURNHAM

Art/Cover: DAN SCHOENING

TPB • FC • $17.99 • 104 pages

A busy season of holidays will have the team needing a rest when it’s all over. It all starts on Devil's Night with a ghost called Stingy Jack, continues on Day of the Dead and the return of Melanie Ortiz to NYC, a trip to Rhinebeck, NY for a celebration held in honor of Sinterklass, and a visit from the Bogeyman on New Year’s Day.

Collects issues #9–12.

1801215843?profile=RESIZE_180x180GODZILLA: HISTORY'S GREATEST MONSTER (TPB)

1936333433?profile=RESIZE_320x320Writer: DUANE SWIERCZYNSKI

Art: SIMON GANE, DAVE WACHTER

Cover: Bob Eggleton

TPB • FC • $29.99 • 324 pages

As Godzilla continues to destroy cities and lives all over the world, ex-special forces tough guy Boxer is a man with a grudge who vows to end the terror of Godzilla -- no matter what! He assembles a top-notch team to take him and the other monsters down at $7 billion a bounty. Collects all 13 issues of the Godzilla series!

Get more Godzilla action after watching this year’s biggest motion picture!

1801215843?profile=RESIZE_180x180GODZILLA: RULERS OF EARTH VOL 2 (TPB)

1936333523?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: CHRIS MOWRY

Art: JEFF ZORNOW, MATT FRANK

Cover: MATT FRANK

TPB • FC • $17.99 • 104 pages

As Lucy and her team embark on their first assignment, more monsters are set on the loose, an alien onslaught begins, and the arrival of a mysterious size-changing robot leads to an all-out giant monster battle.

Collects issues #5–8.

1801215843?profile=RESIZE_180x180

• HAUNTED HORROR #10

1936298505?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer/Art: Various

Cover: L.B. COLE

FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Dead walking! Ghouls stalking! Specters talking! This chilling full-color comic book specializes in painfully restoring comics from the ‘50s with brilliant old-school art and the wonkiest of terrifying scripts. Every story (best read under the covers with a flashlight, and the doors and windows tightly bolted) tingles the spine! So good, it's scary!

"Some of the greatest horror comic material ever to be reprinted." -- Decapitated Dan

1801215843?profile=RESIZE_180x180POWERPUFF GIRLS VOL 1

1936300980?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer/Art/Cover: TROY LITTLE

The Powerpuff Girls are back in this IDW collection of the all-new adventures by Troy Little! There are some strange things going on in Townsville. The villains are villains-no-more and are teaming up with the heroes? It's a good thing Blossom, Bubbles, and Buttercup are still around just in case.

TPB • FC • $19.99 • 152 pages

Collects issues #1–6.

"The art is absolutely astounding. It matches the tone and feel of the television show to a T." – IGN

1936264140?profile=RESIZE_180x180STAR MAGE #1 (of 6)

1936303261?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: JC DE LA TORRE

Art/Cover: RAY DILLON

FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Part One: “Darien” -- JC De La Torre, author of the critically acclaimed novel Ancient Rising, gives us a new fusion of Science Fiction and Magic in Star Mage. In issue one, Darien Connors discovers he's not from Earth, has strange magical powers and is the key in an ancient war between two alien races of necromancers. Like Harry Potter meets the Last Starfighter, Star Mage offers wizard battles with a side of spaceship warfare, alien worlds and weird creatures.

De La Torre’s novel Ancient Rising and its sequel, Rise of the Ancients Annuna, were compared to

Clive Cussler and Dan Brown by Baryon Speculative Fiction Review

Includes a bonus comic preview of Shepherd, by Fred Boulous!

1936264140?profile=RESIZE_180x180STAR-SLAMMERS: RE-MASTERED #2

1936303384?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936305518?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer/Art/Cover: WALTER SIMONSON

Subscription Variant: WALTER SIMONSON

FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Part two of Walter Simonson's epic space saga, completely re-mastered and re-colored! The Orisons prided themselves on being the greatest hunters in the galaxy. … They discovered that they were hunting the most dangerous game in the universe.

Each page of art has been scanned from Simonson's personal archives to ensure the finest reproduction!

Completely re-mastered and re-colored!

Why would you wear all that Bronze Age-looking paraphernalia in space?

1936264140?profile=RESIZE_180x180SUPERMAN: THE SILVER AGE NEWSPAPER DAILIES VOL 2

1936307639?profile=RESIZE_320x320Writer: JERRY SIEGEL

Art: WAYNE BORING, STAN KAYE

Cover: PETE POPLASKI

HC • B&W • $49.99 • 288 pages • 11” x 8.5”

Wayne Boring and Stan Kaye provide the artwork, and once again, Superman co-creator Jerry Siegel scripts adaptations of stories that first appeared in comic books. Siegel and Boring offer alternate versions of now classic stories originally written by Siegel himself, Bill Finger, Edmond Hamilton, and Leo Dorfman -- and drawn in comic books by Curt Swan, Al Plastino, Kurt Schaffenberger, and Boring himself.

• Never-before reprinted stories from August 1961-November 1963.

• Edited and designed by Dean Mullaney, Introduction by Sid Friedfertig and cover drawing by Pete Poplaski.

I'll be tickled to get this, although I was never much of a fan of Wayne Boring's work. Not only does it give a different spin to many early Silver Age stories, but it does explain where Boring and his inkers were when they were not drawing the books I'm familiar with!

1801216885?profile=RESIZE_180x180T.H.U.N.D.E.R. AGENTS #7

1936309903?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: PHIL HESTER

Art/Cover: ROGER ROBINSON

Subscription Variant: JERRY ORDWAY

FC • 32 pages • $3.99

The mastermind behind SPIDER is revealed, shaking T.H.U.N.D.E.R. to its core. A now-powerless Dynamo is helpless in the face of Dr. Sparta's robotic monstrosities. Kat Kane uncovers the ultimate truth of the Judgment Towers, but the price may be not only her life, but life on Earth itself!

Man, if they could induce Ordway to draw 10 inside pages a month, I'd be there. He is so well-suited to drawing anything created by Wally Wood without being a Wood clone that it's amazing.

1801216885?profile=RESIZE_180x180TRANSFORMERS: DARK CYBERTRON VOL 1

1936310020?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writers: JAMES ROBERTS, JOHN BARBER

Art: PHIL JIMENEZ, ANDREW GRIFFITH, BRENDAN CAHILL, JAMES RAIZ, ATILIO ROJO, LIVIO RAMONDELLI

Cover: PHIL JIMENEZ

TPB • FC • $19.99 • 152 pages

Shockwave makes a move millions of years in the planning -- an ultimate strategy to remake

Cybertron and destroy both the Autobots and Decepticons!

Collects Dark Cybertron #1, More Than Meets The Eye #23–25, and Robots In Disguise #23–24.

1936264140?profile=RESIZE_180x180TRANSFORMERS: WINDBLADE #1 (of 4): DAWN OF THE AUTOBOTS

1936310320?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936310493?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: MAIRGHREAD SCOTT

Art: SARAH STONE

Cover: CASEY W. COLLER

Subscription Variant: SARAH STONE

FC • 32 pages • $3.99

WHO IS WINDBLADE? In the aftermath of DARK CYBERTRON, WINDBLADE takes the planet by storm! But where did she come from -- and what does her secret mean to the future of the TRANSFORMERS? A powerful new chapter in the TRANSFORMERS saga begins here!

WINDBLADE takes CYBERTRON by storm!

Winner of the FAN BUILD BOT POLL -- in which fans voted to create an all-new TRANSFORMERS CHARACTER!

Celebrate the 30th Anniversary of the TRANSFORMERS!

Learn the secret history of WINDBLADE, CHROMIA, and NAUTICA!

Variant interlocking cover by Livio Ramondelli!

1936264140?profile=RESIZE_180x180THE X-FILES ANNUAL 2014

1936310716?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writers: FRANK SPOTNITZ, GABE ROTTER, SHANNON ERIC DENTON, DAVE SIM

Art: STUART SAYGER, ANDREW CURRIE

Cover: SAM SHEARON

FC • 48 pages • $7.99

The X-Files writer/producer Frank Spotnitz returns with an untold tale from Mulder and Scully’s first stint with the FBI. When a man returns from the dead with a warning for his wife, the agents investigate and cross paths with a very peculiar priest. And in the second story, Cerebus creator Dave Sim writes his first-ever The X-Files story and first scripted licensed work in ... forever? with “Talk to the Hand,” a nightmarish tale starring a sleeping Dana Scully!

Lead story by celebrated The X-Files writer/producer Frank Spotnitz!

First-ever The X-Files script by Cerebus creator Dave Sim!

Ask your retailer about the variant cover by Dave Sim!

1936264140?profile=RESIZE_180x180

IMAGE COMICS

A VOICE IN THE DARK #6

1936310883?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer/Art/Cover: LARIME TAYLOR

APRIL 16 / 32 PAGES / BW / M / $3.99

"KILLING GAME," Part Four

With Zoey plotting murder once again, she needs to get close to her prey and learn all she can. That means going undercover to the Sorority Halloween party. But is Zoey the only killer in costume?

I know I've complained about this before, but I can't help but complain again: This book should be placed, alphabetically, under "V."

Yes, it's a trivial point to most. But I've been a copy editor for more than four decades, and have been immersed in three or four academic styles for about half that. And I've learned various, specific styles for various, specific publications, from The Commercial Appeal to Comics Buyer's Guide. And in all of them, ALL OF THEM, indefinite articles are ignored when alphabetizing titles. ALL. OF. THEM.

But Image insists that this book, which should be alphabetized as Voice in the Dark, A, should instead be alphabetized where the "A" counts in the title. And using it that way here in my Guide really simplifies my life, as each week I search through various files for various books in the order that the Image list asks for them. So I'm bowing to utility, and placing A Voice in the Dark in a place that offends nerve endings throughout my Copy Editor Brain, but reduces a tad the amount of time this job takes.

Even though it's wrong. WRONG, I tell you!

1936310993?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936313180?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936313275?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936313361?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936315235?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936315584?profile=RESIZE_180x180

1936206160?profile=RESIZE_180x180

THE ART OF MILLARWORLD HC

1936317603?profile=RESIZE_180x180Introduction: MARK MILLAR

Cover: JOCK

Featured artwork and interviews: JOHN ROMITA JR., J.G. JONES, LEINIL FRANCIS YU, FRANK QUITELY, DAVE GIBBONS, STEVE MCNIVEN, PETER GROSS, TONY HARRIS, GORLAN PARLOV & DUNCAN FEGREDO

184 PAGES / FC / T+

STANDARD EDITION: $39.99

LIMITED SIGNED & NUMBERED EDITION: $99.99

In the ‘40s, it was DC. In the ‘60s, it was Marvel. Now Millarworld has reshaped comics in the 21st century and turned into a powerhouse force to be reckoned with. Riding a wave of grand slam properties ranging from comics to box office smash hits like Wanted, starring Angelina Jolie, and Kick-Ass and Kick-Ass 2, Mark Millar has built an empire by collaborating with the industry's finest artists.

Now, to celebrate the tenth anniversary of his independent work, he is giving those artists the spotlight in the hardbound book ART OF MILLARWORLD. The book will also be released in a special edition signed and numbered by Millar (limited to 250 copies) at the same time.

Each chapter profiles an artist with an interview and the cover art created for a Millarworld title, in full color and without trade dress. The featured artists are JG Jones (Wanted), Peter Gross (American Jesus: Chosen), Tony Harris (War Heroes), Steve McNiven (Nemesis), Leinil Francis Yu (Superior and Super Crooks), Dave Gibbons (The Secret Service), John Romita Jr. (Kick-Ass, Hit-Girl), Frank Quitely (Jupiter's Legacy), Duncan Fegredo (MPH), and Goran Parlov (Starlight).

Millar has become known in the comics industry for splitting ownership of properties 50-50 with the artists he works with, emphasizing that shared risk should mean shared ownership.

“Every time we put a new book out there we’re a bunch of creators working from our spare bedrooms up against massive multi-billion dollar corporations in New York and Burbank with every advantage that comes with those deep pockets,” Millar writes in the introduction to ART OF MILLARWORLD. “Guys like Dave Gibbons or Frank Quitely could draw any book they want at Marvel or DC, so it’s actually very humbling for them to put their trust in me and devote a year or two of their lives to something that’s only previously existed on my scattered notepads.”

Also included in THE ART OF MILLARWORLD are variant covers by twenty-five top-name artists, including Marc Silvestri (Witchblade, The Darkness), Phil Noto (Black Widow), Bryan Hitch (America's Got Powers), Adam Hughes, Kyle Baker, Amy Reeder (Rocket Girl), and Michael Allred (Madman). The dynamic, eye-catching book cover is by Jock (Snapshot).

Image Comics is currently publishing the Millar-penned titles JUPITER’S LEGACY, STARLIGHT and MPH, the title that kicks off a new Millarworld Universe with its first issue on May 21, 2014.

1801238541?profile=RESIZE_180x180FIVE WEAPONS #8

1936319668?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer/Art/Cover: JIMMIE ROBINSON

MARCH 26 / 32 PAGES / FC / T / $3.50

“BACK TO CLASS,” Part Three

Enrique hits bottom. He’s facing expulsion and the loss of his girlfriend, but he’s not defeated. As Tyler gloats over his victory, Enrique finds new hope from an unexpected friend when Principal O returns!

1801241562?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936321451?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936321657?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936323531?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936323715?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936323674?profile=RESIZE_180x180

1936325816?profile=RESIZE_180x1801801241562?profile=RESIZE_180x180GENESIS (ONE-SHOT)

1936327706?profile=RESIZE_180x180Story: NATHAN EDMONDSON

Art/Cover: ALISON SAMPSON

APRIL 16 / 56 PAGES / FC / T / $6.99

Nathan Edmondson (WHO IS JAKE ELLIS, The Punisher, Black Widow) and debut artist Alison Sampson’s, GENESIS, pairs sweeping visuals with poignant writing to bring readers a one-shot that cannot be missed.

GENESIS is a trippy journey of creation and destruction as one man finds himself with the ability to manifest anything by thinking it -- only to learn that with seemingly unlimited power comes unstoppable terror.

"Genesis was a fun opportunity to let storytelling and art run wild with the idea of creativity itself -- of the boundlessness of imagination and the inevitable vertigo that comes from the unlimited ability to manifest anything into being," said Nathan Edmondson.

Sampson has a background in architecture which informs her style. “The comic page is built up like I'd design a bit of architecture, with leading and secondary spaces and places and so on. I found it hard to be linear, to cater to a reader -- comics and architecture are not always the same,” explained Sampson. “It amazes me what level of design skills comic artists bring to their pages, even as someone who designs every day. I miss the excitement of being on site, but you can do all sorts of things on paper you can't do in real life, and there is a lot of that still to explore.”

“I'm really grateful for Nathan asking me to do this. The script let me draw on my architectural background (twenty five years of it) to bring something special of my own to the project and I hope that comes across -- Nathan is a designer's writer,” said Sampson. “I'm relatively new to comics and there was a steep learning curve, but Nathan works with some amazing artists, so there was a standard to meet and this made me work harder.”

1936206160?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936327729?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936329686?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936329789?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936331912?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936331935?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936332161?profile=RESIZE_180x180

• THE MERCENARY SEA #3

1936296664?profile=RESIZE_180x180Story: KEL SYMONS

Art/Cover: MATHEW REYNOLDS

APRIL 16 / 32 PAGES / FC / T+ / $2.99

"BETWEEN THE DEVIL AND THE DEEP BLUE SEA"
    Jack Harper and the crew of the Venture slip into enemy waters to rescue a British spy, code-named "Top Hat." Only their old adversary, Captain Tono of the Imperial Japanese Navy, spoils the party.

1936206160?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936296763?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936298659?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936300825?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936302877?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936303183?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936303311?profile=RESIZE_180x180

1936206160?profile=RESIZE_180x180MINIMUM WAGE #4

1936305341?profile=RESIZE_180x180Story/Art/Cover: BOB FINGERMAN

APRIL 16 / 32 PAGES / FC / M / $3.50

It's hard to tell if it's celebrating or medicating, but on the heels of Rob signing a new lease, he and the boys hit the town hard in an alcohol-fueld swirl. Goth girls, trench coat Mafiosi, jock thugs, and more populate the fourth chapter of BOB FINGERMAN's so-real-it-hurts series.

1936206160?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936307294?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936307633?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936307858?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936309800?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936311801?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936313880?profile=RESIZE_180x180

1936206160?profile=RESIZE_180x180MORNING GLORIES #38

1936313996?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: NICK SPENCER

Art: JOE EISMA

Cover: RODIN ESQUEJO

FEBRUARY 12 / 32 PAGES / FC / M / $3.50

"Everything we love."

Good grief. That woman scares me! (I'm guessing she's supposed to.)

1801238541?profile=RESIZE_180x180

1936314171?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936314149?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936316244?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936318092?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936320228?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936320460?profile=RESIZE_180x180

1801238541?profile=RESIZE_180x180SEX CRIMINALS VOL 1 (TPB)

1936320968?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: MATT FRACTION

Art/Cover: CHIP ZDARSKY

136 PAGES / FC / M / $9.99

Collects SEX CRIMINALS #1-5

SPECIAL LOW INTRODUCTORY PRICE!

It was welcomed into the world at a release party held at a sex club, where the writer had his nipple pierced on stage and the artist wore a Garfield suit. It was banned by Apple. Its first issue was reprinted six times (and counting!). It was Time’s best comic book of the year. Not bad for a little comic book about two people who can stop time when they have sex and turn to a life of crime. SEX CRIMINALS by Matt Fraction (SATELLITE SAM, Hawkeye) and Chip Zdarsky (Prison Funnies) is the title everyone has been talking about, and with its first trade paperback collection due out in April, its audience is set to grow … and grow … and grow.

Suzie was all alone in what she calls “The Quiet” until she met Jon, who has a decidedly less poetic name for the place where time freezes when they have sex. It’s all fun and games and rearranging the stock in the local porn shop until Suzie and Jon realize they can use their power for good -- and start robbing banks.

Widely hailed for its sweet emotional core wrapped up in naughty hijinx and Zdarsky’s candy-colored art, SEX CRIMINALS isn’t just about sex. It’s about love, too. And sex. And robbing banks. And also about those mysterious figures who seem to be on to Suzy’s and Jon’s little coital trick.

SEX CRIMINALS VOLUME ONE will be in comic book stores on April 16 and in bookstores on April 29. It’s specially priced at $9.99, making it easy for new readers to jump onboard the hottest title of the year.

Praise for SEX CRIMINALS:

“Fraction’s been having a very good year -- his many other projects include the sleeper-hit superhero series Hawkeye -- but this R-rated romp (about a bank-robbing couple whose orgasms can stop time) is his best work yet. It’s a precision-tuned screwball comedy on its surface, and that surface is gorgeous, thanks to Zdarsky’s ace sense of design and inventive color technique. But it’s also genuinely insightful about the ways sexuality shapes people, and it doubles as a love letter to analog media -- one that happens to have been banned by the iTunes store.” -- Douglas Wolk, Time

“A sex comedy with a splash of crime thriller, the title is a fascinating examination of the pleasures and pitfalls of intimate relationships, using the central fantastic conceit as a metaphor for the way sex distances people but also, under the right circumstances, brings them together.” -- Oliver Sava, A.V. Club

“... there are some moments that are incredibly deep and moments that are deeply funny, and the art in this book is absolutely at least as multi-layered and interesting as the writing. ... Buy it. Read it. Love it.” -- Jaydot Sloane, The Mary Sue

“funny and imaginative, with a strong emotional core, and characters who, despite their fantastic power, are relatable, even lovable ...” -- John Parker, Comics Alliance

“It's gleefully silly, it's deadly serious, it's whip-smart, and you don't need to take a shower afterwards.” -- Greg McElhatton, Comic Book Resources

“There is nothing mean in the narrative of this book; no one -- not even the 'dirty girls at school' -- is really denigrated or played as a stereotype. ... The sexual politics and experiences ring absolutely true, right down to the tone of the first date between Suzie and Jon. None of their flirtiness, their attraction to each other, or their experience of the shared bond of their special power seems forced or stilted. These two would have been together even if they didn’t have a super-power, and they’re both enormously likeable, very real characters.” -- Ian Dawe, Sequart

I disagree with the comments above that attributes great skill by Fraction with story structure, layering, thematic intent and whatnot. Nonsense. I've read enough Fraction to know that he eschews traditional story structure to the extent that initially I didn't think his stories had any structure! His stories just looked like cool character bits strung together until he got tired, and then the story would end.

But after reading a lot of his work I'm beginning to see the little man behind the curtain. Fraction does employ a structure, but it's quirky and personal (and digresses a lot). So there's that.

I'm hoping to give Sex Criminals a second read with this trade (I didn't like it on first read) and find ways to like it. I want to; I like Fraction's sensahumah and I'm all for quirky writers giving the road less traveled a go. So, fingers crossed.

1801238541?profile=RESIZE_180x180SHOTGUN WEDDING #3 (of 4)

1936321406?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: WILLIAM HARMS

Art/Cover: EDWARD PUN

APRIL 16 / 32 PAGES / BW / M / $3.99

Mike Stone wants nothing more than to marry the woman of his dreams. Denise is smart, sexy, teaches the second grade and loves Mike more than anything in the world. What she doesn't know is that Mike is one of the world's top assassins and was once engaged to a fellow assassin named Chloe. And when Mike abandoned Chloe on their wedding day, she vowed revenge ...

I like these covers enough that I'll probably get the trade. There's a job well done, cover drawer!

1936206160?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936321458?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936321563?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936321618?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936323494?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936323721?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936325597?profile=RESIZE_180x180

1936206160?profile=RESIZE_180x180STRAY BULLETS: KILLERS #2

1936325715?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer/Art/Cover: DAVID LAPHAM

APRIL 16 / 32 PAGES / BW / M / $3.50

When her niece, missing for almost a year, shows up on her doorstep with a horrifying secret, Carol Hogarth will find out that people can be poison...especially if that person is named Virginia Applejack. Find out what best friends, worst enemies, an artificial leg, and a bottle of rum all have to do with "THE KILLER WHO AWOKE BEFORE DAWN."

I see sex with amputees used for shock value or as some sort of fetish in all kinds of media, as on this cover, but I don't see why. People are people, with all the usual needs and wants, no matter if one or both parties has a prosthetic limb. So I find the sniggering about amputee sex kinda juvenile.

1936327555?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936327670?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936327727?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936327781?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936329767?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936331827?profile=RESIZE_180x180

1936206160?profile=RESIZE_180x180TALES OF HONOR #1 (2ND PTG)

1936332053?profile=RESIZE_180x180The sell-out of the first issue of the new Top Cow series TALES OF HONOR, by Matt Hawkins with art by Jung-Geun Yoon, which is based upon the bestselling military science-fiction novels by David Weber, marks the successful launch of a multi-platform Honorverse initiative that will also incorporate digital games, apps, television episodes and a feature film spearheaded by Evergreen Studios.

Praise for TALES OF HONOR:

Tales of Honor #1 was just a delight to read, with great characters, a three-dimensional universe and a generously deep source from which to derive material.” -- Jesse Scheckner, Florida Geek Scene

“Overall Tales of Honor is a solid introduction to a multi-decade spanning series. It’s impossible to relay the full scope of novels in a single issue of a comic but it appears like Matt Hawkins and Jung-Geun Yoon are approaching the material with the utmost respect and that will surely go a long way in ensuring the true flavor of the universe shines through. ” -- Rhymes with Geek

Tales of Honor is a brilliant introduction for new fans of the Honorverse, showing brilliant characteristics from the titular character. Highly recommended.” -- John McCubbin, Unleash the Fanboy

“I find myself interested where this artistic marvel is headed. The need for heavy exposition was evident, but broken up with promises of both action and intrigue by the bits of foreshadowing dropped in amongst them.” -- David Hinspeter, Comic Booked

“This comic is compacted nicely into an opening issue and has given me the appetite to read issue #2 to find out more of the story which is unfolding, and the history that has brought Honor to this point.” -- Villordsutch, Flickering Myth

“Hawkins has done a fine reboot, allowing you to jump in now, and enticing you to go back and read the previous twenty novels as well.” -- Brad Gischia, Bag & Bored

I never heard anything about this franchise until it hit comics, and they're pushing it pretty hard here in our sandbox. I hope it's good, and not just someone taking a ride on the comics-to-Hollywood gravy train.

1936206160?profile=RESIZE_180x180WITCHBLADE #174

1936332120?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: RON MARZ

Art: LAURA BRAGA

Cover A: JOHN TYLER CHRISTOPHER

Cover B: LAURA BRAGA

32 PAGES / FC / T+ / $2.99

Is the Witchblade out to reclaim Sara as its rightful host ... or is it out for revenge?

1936206160?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936332258?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936334148?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936334388?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936336279?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936336483?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936336761?profile=RESIZE_180x180

• MARVEL COMICS

AMAZING X-MEN #6

1936296568?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: JASON AARON

Art: CAMERON STEWART

Cover: ED MCGUINNESS

CAPTAIN AMERICA VARIANT ALSO AVAILABLE

$3.99

• Nightcrawler is back at the Jean Grey School!

• But when Mystique comes calling, he may be returning to the afterlife very soon.

The journey comes to its end as the blockbuster "Quest for Nightcrawler" arc reaches its epic conclusion in AMAZING X-MEN #6. From critically acclaimed creators Jason Aaron and Cameron Stewart – they have battled the very forces of hell to return Kurt to his rightful place beside the X-Men, and his resurrection is within reach. But to defeat Azazel and his demonic hordes – Kurt will have to sacrifice everything! Plus – don’t miss the confrontation that will have everyone talking: Nightcrawler vs. Mystique on the grounds of the Jean Grey School. You do not want to miss the epic conclusion!

1936298457?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936298674?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936301134?profile=RESIZE_180x180

1936255664?profile=RESIZE_180x180

DAREDEVIL BY MARK WAID VOL 7 (PREMIERE HC)

1936303284?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: MARK WAID

Art: CHRIS SAMNEE & JAVIER RODRIGUEZ

Cover: CHRIS SAMNEE

136 PGS./Rated T+/$24.99

Something final is building, and building fast, as Daredevil finds himself wrapped up in an adventure that will send his life spiraling out of control -- and bring about the end of everything Matt Murdock holds dear! When Daredevil becomes the self-appointed prosecutor of the Sons of the Serpent, the secret clan who owns and operates the city’s justice system, the odds quickly turn against him. But that’s just how he likes it! Daredevil pulls his allies together for an all-out assault before the Sons can infest the rest of the nation, but he’s about to find out just how blind justice can be! Plus: The Jester! A monstrous nightmare! And an appearance by Elektra that sets the stage for a huge change in Matt’s life! Collecting DAREDEVIL (2011) #31-36.

1936240983?profile=RESIZE_180x180DEADPOOL VS. CARNAGE #2

1936303399?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: CULLEN BUNN

Art: SALVADOR ESPIN

Cover: GLENN FABRY

32 PGS. / Parental Advisory / $3.99

• Two red-suited madmen for the price of one!

•  That's right-good crazy vs. bad crazy, once and for all!

•  And you can bet it's gonna be a bloody one!

1936255664?profile=RESIZE_180x180HULK #1

1936304006?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936304305?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936306360?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936255664?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936308338?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: MARK WAID

Art: MARK BAGLEY

Cover: JEROME OPENA

Variant Cover: MARK BAGLEY

Animal Variant: CHRIS SAMNEE

Young Variant: SKOTTIE YOUNG

Captain America Team-Up Variant Also Available

Blank Variant Also Available

32 PGS/Rated T+/$3.99

ALL-NEW DIRECTION! THE EPIC “BANNER D.O.A.” BEGINS NOW!!!

Who shot Bruce Banner? That’s the question on everyone’s mind when critically acclaimed creators Mark Waid and Mark Bagley smash into the epic, all-new HULK #1 -- as part of the All-New Marvel NOW! initiative!

"As our series opens, Banner's at death's door," says Waid. "… having learned something about himself that cuts him to the quick and calls into question everything he's been doing for what he believes is the public good. And things don't improve for him from there.

“You'll see Bruce Banner in a whole new light,” Waid continued.

The victim of a near fatal gunshot wound -- Bruce Banner lies inches from death. Did his unknown attacker want the Hulk dead? Or Banner? As Banner clings to life, he’ll realize he’s not quite as indestructible as he once thought. If he survives this, his darkest hour one thing is certain -- he won’t ever be the same!

"With a list of enemies as long as the Hulk’s, almost anyone could be behind Banner’s assassination attempt," says Senior Editor Mark Paniccia. "But the real mysteries are yet to be revealed. Mark Waid has mind-blowing revelations in store for the readers that will have them talking for years."

"The answers will have Banner going down roads you’d never expect and wait till you see what’s in store for Hulk," continued Paniccia. "And just how does the Stark family play into all of this? Ha! Fans are going to dig!"

How will the Green Goliath solve the mystery of their enigmatic attacker. And the answers will shock Banner to his very core! Don’t miss a single moment of this bombastic new series when HULK #1 smashes its way into comic shops!

1936308366?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936308538?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936310837?profile=RESIZE_180x180

1936255664?profile=RESIZE_180x180MAGNETO #1 (2ND PTG)

1936313595?profile=RESIZE_180x180Written by CULLEN BUNN

Art by GABRIEL HERNANDEZ WALTA

Cover by PAOLO RIVERA

$3.99

Once the deadliest, most feared mutant mastermind on the planet, Magneto is no longer the man he once was. After falling in with Cyclops and the X-Men, Erik Lehnsherr became just one more pawn in another man's war. But now, determined to fight the war for mutantkind's survival on his own terms, Magneto sets out to regain what he's lost ... and show the world exactly why it should tremble at the sound of his name. Magneto will safeguard the future of the mutant race by hunting down each and every threat that would see his kind extinguished - and bloody his hands that they may never be a threat again.

1936255664?profile=RESIZE_180x180MOON KNIGHT #1 (2ND PTG)

1936315522?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: WARREN ELLIS

Art/Cover: DECLAN SHALVEY

$3.99

Marc Spector is Moon Knight! ... Or is he? It's hard to tell these days, especially when New York's wildest vigilante protects the street with two-fisted justice and three -- that's right, count 'em -- different personalities! But even with the mystical force of Khonshu fueling his crusade, how does the night's greatest detective save a city that's as twisted as he is? The road to victory is going to hurt. A lot. Marvel's most mind-bending adventure begins NOW as Moon Knight sleuths his way to the rotten core of New York's most bizarre mysteries!

1936255664?profile=RESIZE_180x180MS. MARVEL #3

1936315676?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: G. WILLOW WILSON

Art: ADRIAN ALPHONA

Cover: JAMIE McKELVIE

Artist Variant by ANNIE WU

32 PGS./Rated T+/$2.99

• The All-New Ms. Marvel has already gained international fame.

• But in Kamala’s case, star-power comes with a whole lot of ... awkwardness.

• Find out why the most exciting new Marvel hero is also the most loveable!

1936255664?profile=RESIZE_180x180NEW WARRIORS #1 (2ND PTG)

1936315803?profile=RESIZE_180x180Written by CHRISTOPHER YOST

Art by MARCUS TO

Cover by RAMON PEREZ

$3.99

Adventurers Speedball and Justice have come together with a group of young heroes including Nova, Sun Girl, and Hummingbird (and even a couple of new faces) to stop the latest threat to the Marvel Universe -- the Atlanteans, Inhumans, clones and hundreds of other so-called "superior" beings that are living among the humans of the Marvel Universe, but not everyone is pleased about it. The High Evolutionary has raised an army to combat the evolution of humanity -- and the New Warriors are locked in his sights!

Columnist Chris Fluit has a lot to say about this title this week.

1936255664?profile=RESIZE_180x180NOVA #16

1936315974?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: GERRY DUGGAN

Art: DAVID BALDEON

Cover: PACO MEDINA

32 PGS./Rated T/$3.99

ON SALE APRIL 16

Sam’s adventure with Beta Ray Bill in space comes to a shocking conclusion and Sam arrives home to a very unpleasant discovery. (No, it’s not the Statue of Liberty on its side.)

1936255664?profile=RESIZE_180x180PUNISHER #3 (2ND PTG)

1936317953?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: NATHAN EDMONDSON

Art/Cover: MITCH GERADS

Frank discovers the Dos Sols gang's newest weapon. Bad news for Frank. The Punisher dukes it out with one of the Marvel U's Big Bads! A daring raid on the Dos Sols compound goes absolutely not according to plan!

1936255664?profile=RESIZE_180x180SHE-HULK #2 (2ND PTG)

1936320098?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936322548?profile=RESIZE_180x180Written by CHARLES SOULE

Art by JAVIER PULIDO

Cover by KEVIN WADA

Jennifer Walters ongoing adventures are a smash hit as the sleeper hit of All-New Marvel NOW! continues! Today, Marvel is proud to announce that SHE-HULK #2 has sold out at the distributor level (though copies may still be available at retail level) and will immediately head back to press!

SHE-HULK #2 is just another red-hot All-New Marvel NOW! title to fly off the shelves and return for a second printing! Writer Charles Soule and artist Javier Pulido craft an intriguing tale critics are calling “fun”, “beautiful” and “smart”.

“It’s fun, fast, and easy on the eyes. It’s great to live in an age where Marvel puts out awesome, unique comics like this” – IGN.com

“This is just good comics, no ifs, ands, or buts about it.” – ComicBooked.com

‘There’s basically nothing to dislike about this book” – ComicVine.com

1936255664?profile=RESIZE_180x180SPIDER-MAN NEWSPAPER STRIPS VOL 1 (TPB)

1936324041?profile=RESIZE_320x320Written by STAN LEE

Penciled by JOHN ROMITA SR.

Cover by JOHN ROMITA SR.

344 PGS./All Ages/$39.99

Trim size: landscape

All the strips that are fit to print! And since we’re talking about Spider-Man comic strips written by Stan “The Man” Lee and drawn by “Jazzy” John Romita, that means every one of ’em! Collecting all of Stan and John’s AMAZING SPIDER-MAN newspaper strips in chronological order, this first volume brings you the earliest classic panels that hit the daily and Sunday papers of the late 1970s! All the daily strips are printed in the original black and white, and all the Sundays in color, ready to spin a web of enchantment upon anyone who reads them! Collecting the AMAZING SPIDER-MAN newspaper strips from Jan. 3, 1977, to Jan. 28, 1979.

The few times I read a Spider-Man strip in an actual newspaper, I found it a bit like Spidey Super Stories.

1936240983?profile=RESIZE_180x180SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN #31

1936326206?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: DAN SLOTT

Art/Cover: GIUSEPPE CAMUNCOLI

Connecting Variants A & B by J. SCOTT CAMPBELL

Variant: Kevin Maguire

Captain America Variant Also Available

64 PGS./Rated T/$5.99

• SERIES FINALE! The end of an era! A tale of triumph and tragedy! The GREEN GOBLIN unmasked! A hero reborn! But what does this mean for OTTO OCTAVIUS?!

• There’s only one man who can save us from the Goblin Nation… PETER PARKER: The one, true SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN!

This is it, true believer! Face front!

1936255664?profile=RESIZE_180x180SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN VOL. 5: THE SUPERIOR VENOM (TPB)

1936328253?profile=RESIZE_180x180Written by CHRISTOS GAGE & DAN SLOTT

Penciled by JAVIER RODRIGUEZ & HUMBERTO RAMOS

Cover by HUMBERTO RAMOS

144 PGS./Rated T/$17.99

Flash Thompson, the Secret Avenger known as Venom, is back in town -- but will his first run-in with the Superior Spider-Man be friendly, or will Flash sense something perilous about Peter Parker’s presence? And as Otto Octavius takes another big step in his life as Peter Parker, could a big part of Flash’s life be coming to a close? Will he be Venom no more? As Cardiac returns, MJ faces her fears, and a new Goblin is born, the one question everyone will be asking is, “Who is the Superior Venom?!” And after half a century, don’t miss one of the most cringe-worthy moments in all of Spidey-history! Guest-starring the Avengers! Plus: Blackout wants to re-establish his reputation by killing the Superior Spider-Man -- and to do so, he targets Aunt May! Collecting SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN #22-26 and ANNUAL #1.

1936240983?profile=RESIZE_180x180THOR EPIC COLLECTION: A KINGDOM LOST (TPB)

1936328273?profile=RESIZE_180x180Written by CHRIS CLAREMONT & ALAN ZELENETZ

Penciled by KEITH POLLARD with RICK LEONARDI, GIL KANE, ALAN KUPPERBERG, LUKE McDONNELL & BOB HALL
    Cover by GIL KANE

480 PGS./Rated T/$34.99

Volume 11 in the Thor Epic Collection

Thor returns to Earth, but the enemies of Asgard aren’t going to wait for him back home! Foes fit for a god one and all -- from the Wrecking Crew and Galactus’ heralds Gabriel and Firelord to the Frost Giants and Drax the Destroyer -- come for a piece of the Asgardian Avenger! Speaking of Avengers, Thor teams up with Iron Man to confront some of the strangest and most gruesome villains in the Marvel Universe, even as Loki conspires to pit his half-brother against the stone men of Easter Island and the great dragon Fafnir! Topping off this epic are new Tales of Asgard, and two action-packed Annual adventures featuring Odin vs. Dormammu -- and Thor, joined with the gods of countless pantheons, against the fearsome God-Eater! Collecting THOR (1966) #303-319 and ANNUAL #9-10.

Well, who hasn't suspected that Easter Island idols weren't just the heads of aliens poking up from their underground HQ, where they plan the destruction of humanity? That's just obvious.

1936240983?profile=RESIZE_180x180THOR: GOD OF THUNDER #21

1936330371?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: JASON AARON

Art/Cover: ESAD RIBIC

Variant: RON GARNEY

32 PGS./Rated T+/$3.99

THE LAST DAYS OF MIDGARD, Part Three

• ROXXON strikes back!

• Broxton, Oklahoma under siege!

• The Minotaur shakes hands with the king of the trolls!

• And in the far future, King Thor is overwhelmed by the fury of Galactus!

1936255664?profile=RESIZE_180x180ULTIMATE FF #1

1936330477?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936330885?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: JOSHUA HALE FIALKOV

Art: MARIO GUEVARA

Cover: MIKE McKONE

Variant: GIUSEPPE QUATTROCCHI

32 PGS./Rated T+/$3.99

Ultimate Marvel NOW! continues through the spring of 2014 with the launch of ULTIMATE FF by Joshua Hale Fialkov (Cataclysm: Ultimate X-Men) and upcoming superstar artist, Mario Guevara. The FF -- Future Foundation -- is all that stands between the Ultimate universe and COMPLETE AND UTTER DOOM! Can Sue Storm, Tony Stark, Machine Man and Sam Wilson face the oncoming devastation directly after the events of Cataclysm?

Witness the birth of a new team of super geniuses the likes of which the Ultimate Universe has never seen in ULTIMATE FF #1 – a mind-bending new series from blockbuster writer Joshua Hale Fialkov and artist Mario Guevara!

Though they survived the cataclysm, the Earth lay in ruins. And though Galactus and his Gah Lak Tus swarm was defeated – the Ultimate Universe is breaking apart, and fast. The world’s greatest minds – Sue Storm, Tony Stark, Sam Wilson and Machine Man -- must band together to solve problems too big to tackle alone.

As the new and improved Future Foundation, they are all that stands between us and cosmic level threats that would see the entire universe extinguished.

But world ending threats are not their only problem! And old foe has returned … and he’s joining their team?! Doctor Doom has resurfaced, and he is their only hope to stop the oncoming destruction! But what is Doom’s true agenda? And will the FF uncover it before it’s too late?

Don’t miss the blockbuster first outing of a new team for a new era. The stakes have never been higher this April in ULTIMATE FF #1!

I'm kind of on the fence about the concept of super-genius Sam Wilson. The character shows no hint of that in our universe, so what makes the Ultimate version so different? OTOH, it probably means that he invented his own flying suit, instead of having one handed to him by the Black Panther, which makes him more credible.

But since I don't read the Ultimate books, I guess my opinion doesn't matter!

1936333146?profile=RESIZE_320x3201936335145?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936337377?profile=RESIZE_180x180

• UNCANNY X-MEN #20

1936296659?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS

Art/Cover: CHRIS BACHALO

Artist Variant: ADI GRANOV

32 PGS./Rated T+/$3.99

• Cyclops and his revolutionary X-Men take on SHIELD!

• They get closer to finding those at SHIELD responsible for the Sentinels that nearly killed them, but find themselves in even greater danger!

Does Cyclops have a plausible chance of staying out of jail without Magneto? You be the judge!

1936255664?profile=RESIZE_180x180THE UNCANNY X-MEN OMNIBUS VOL 2 (HC)

1936296803?profile=RESIZE_180x180WrItten by CHRIS CLAREMONT with JOHN BYRNE, MARY JO DUFFY, SCOTT EDELMAN & BOB LAYTON

Penciled by JOHN BYRNE & DAVE COCKRUM with JOHN ROMITA JR., BRENT ANDERSON, MICHAEL GOLDEN, PAUL SMITH, GEORGE PEREZ, JOHN BUSCEMA, BOB McLEOD, KEN LANDGRAF & JIM SHERMAN

Covers by STUART IMMONEN & JOHN BYRNE

912 PGS./Rated T/$99.99

Trim size: oversized

Chris Claremont, Dave Cockrum and John Byrne took a little reprint series called X-MEN and turned it into the all-new, all-different titan that conquered comicdom. Now, you can experience the thrills and excitement of their classic tales from “The Dark Phoenix Saga” to “Days of Future Past” and so much more in this enormous Omnibus! Including the debuts of X-universe mainstays Emma Frost and Kitty Pryde, the threat of Mystique’s Brotherhood of Evil Mutants, Magneto’s return, Wolverine’s first solo story and a rare Savage Land adventure — plus the original ending of “Dark Phoenix” and a host of bonus stories! Collecting X-MEN (1963) #132-141, ANNUAL (1970) #4-5; THE UNCANNY X-MEN (1981) #142-153; AVENGERS ANNUAL (1967) #10; MARVEL FANFARE (1982) #1-4; MARVEL TREASURY EDITION (1974) #26-27; MARVEL TEAM-UP (1972) #100; BIZARRE ADVENTURES (1981) #27; PHOENIX: THE UNTOLD STORY (1984) #1.

THE UNCANNY X-MEN OMNIBUS VOL. 2 HC VARIANT (DM ONLY)

912 PGS./Rated T/$99.99

1801227049?profile=RESIZE_180x180WHAT IF? AGE OF ULTRON #3

1936298680?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: JOE KEATINGE

Art: MICO SUAYAN

Cover: CHRIS STEVENS

Variant: DECLAN SHALVEY

32 PGS./Rated T+/$3.99

TWILIGHT OF THE MARVEL UNIVERSE!

• In a world without Thor, the Norse end times of Ragnarök takes the lives of every super-powered being, leaving only the unpowered heroes of the Marvel Universe behind!

• Assembled under the leadership of Nick Fury, these powerless Defenders are all that remains to defend the planet from the Midgard Serpent!

OK, that's pretty interesting.

1936255664?profile=RESIZE_180x180WINTER SOLDIER: THE BITTER MARCH #3 (of 5)

1936298750?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936301049?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: RICK REMENDER

Art: ROLAND BOSCHI

Cover: ANDREW ROBINSON

Variant: RAGS MORALES

32 PGS./Rated T+/$3.99

• SHIELD agent Ran Shen vs the Winter Soldier with the fate of the Cold War in the wings!

• Hydra’s top agents move in.

• High octane spy-fi action in the mighty Marvel style!

1936255664?profile=RESIZE_180x180WOLVERINE #4

1936301173?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: PAUL CORNELL

Art/Cover: RYAN STEGMAN

EVIL LURKS IN THE HEART OF THE WOLF LIKE MAN!

• Why did Logan leave the Jean Grey School? Your Answers are here!

• Paul Cornell (WOLVERINE) and Ryan Stegman (SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN) close off first arc of the world’s most dangerous mutant!

1936255664?profile=RESIZE_180x180WOLVERINE & THE X-MEN #3

1936301263?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: JASON LATOUR

Art/Cover: MAHMUD ASRAR

Artist Variant: JORGE MOLINA

32 PGS./Rated T+/$3.99

WHO IS THE PHOENIX CORPORATION?

• The question of the year continues -- with another one: what do they want with Quentin Quire?

• Latour and Asrar bring you a breaking point in the lives of Logan and Ororo Munro!

1936255664?profile=RESIZE_180x180X-FORCE #3

1936301397?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: SIMON SPURRIER

Art/Cover: ROCK-HE KIM

Artist Variant: JOHN ROMITA JR.

• X-Force races their foe, ruthless arms-dealer Volga, through the jungles of Brazil to locate a mutant who might be the key to his undoing.

• But can Psylocke curb her bloodlust long enough to complete the mission?

• And a new member is introduced to the team!

1936255664?profile=RESIZE_180x180X-MEN #13

1936303540?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: BRIAN WOOD

Art: CLAY MANN

Cover: TERRY DODSON

Artist Variant: DAVID MARQUEZ

32 PGS./Rated T+/$3.99

BLOODLINE PART 1

Jubilee is haunted by Shogo’s past … or is it his future?!

VALIANT COMICS

X-O MANOWAR #24

1936305927?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936308043?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: ROBERT VENDITTI

Art/Cover: DIEGO BERNARD

Variant: CLAYTON HENRY

$3.99/T+/32 pgs.

ON SALE APRIL 16h!

PRELUDE TO ARMOR HUNTERS – PART 2!

Who -- or what -- is the man called MALGAM?

Valiant is proud to present your first look inside X-O Manowar #24 from New York Times best-selling writer Robert Venditti and superstar newcomer Diego Bernard! Before ARMOR HUNTERS #1 arrives this June, jump on board here for an essential prelude to the summer's blockbuster 18-part crossover event -- ARMOR HUNTERS!

Aric of Dacia, a fifth-century warrior bonded to alien armor and transplanted to the modern day, is now the most important weapon in the arsenal of M.E.R.O., the top-secret American intelligence organization that monitors extraterrestrial life on Earth. In order to protect his people, Aric must undergo dangerous missions in space, but nothing can prepare him for the stunning secret that awaits him in the stars.

Who -- or what -- is the man called Malgam? Find out here on April 16th as the march toward X-O Manowar #25 – and the coming of the ARMOR HUNTERS -- continues with a can't-miss introduction to this summer's biggest and most brutal comic book event right here X-O Manowar #24!

This summer, Earth will be the greatest hunt of all ... ARMOR HUNTERS is coming!

1936310159?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936310290?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936312439?profile=RESIZE_180x180

• OTHER PUBLISHERS

A PIGGYS TALE #1     

1936295015?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: BOHEMIAN PRESS

Writer: TOD EMKO

Art/Cover: ETHAN YOUNG

$2.99

After an accident takes his leg, a rescue dog named Piggy discovers he has super-powers, and must fulfill his fate to save other critters from despair. Accompanied by a street smart cat and a girl who can talk to animals, this unlikely hero must stop evil from befalling victims in New York City.

This is a Kickstarter project which I was unaware of until now. I have to say I really like the art.

1936270720?profile=RESIZE_180x180ACG COLL WORKS FORBIDDEN WORLDS VOL 4 (SLIPCASE ED)  

1936294951?profile=RESIZE_320x320Publisher: PS ARTBOOKS

Writers: RICHARD E. HUGHES, MARK G. HEIKE

Art: KEN BALD & Various

$64.99

Featuring issues #19-25 (July 1953 to January 1954) of Forbidden Worlds, this full-color hardback book features a full-color slipcase featuring restored cover of issue #19. When the collection is complete the spines will display full Forbidden Worlds logo graphic. Limited to 300 Copies Worldwide. Special introduction by Mark G. Heike.

That's right, put out the slipcase edition long after I've bought the cheaper version and one I can't afford anyway. YOU CRUEL B@ST@RDS!!!

1936270720?profile=RESIZE_180x180ADVENTURE TIME #27   

1936297648?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: BOOM ENTERTAINMENT

Writer: RYAN NORTH

Art: JIM RUGG

Cover: BRITTNEY WILLIAMS

$3.99

This special arc with guest artist Jim Rugg continues!! Finn and Jake might have finally met their match. but what will happen with it turns out that the match isn't a match at all? Things are getting crazy in the land of Ooo and it looks like our heroes might need someone to save them this time around.

1936270720?profile=RESIZE_180x180ADVENTURE TIME: SUGARY SHORTS VOL 1 (TPB)     

1936299550?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: BOOM ENTERTAINMENT

Writer/Art: PAUL POPE & Various

Cover: LOGAN FAERBER

$19.99

Comic creators from around the world unite to celebrate all things ADVENTURE TIME in this collection of incredibly original miniadventures. Starring all of your favorite characters from Finn and Jake to Hot Dog Princess and Peppermint Butler, SUGARY SHORTS Volume One is a syrupy salute to the Land of Ooo that is sure to satisfy your sweet tooth.

Paul Pope?!??

1936270720?profile=RESIZE_180x180AFTERSCHOOL CHARISMA VOL 9 (GN)    

1936301826?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: VIZ LLC

Writer/Art/Cover: KUMIKO SUEKANE

$12.99

Current director of St. Kleio Academy, a school exclusively for the clones of famous historical personages, he is also a major sponsor of the academy. Seems to have a longstanding relationship with Mr. Kuroe, a member of the academy's staff, and Dr. Kamiya, a professor at the academy. The details of his upbringing and the reasons for his involvement in the academy are unknown.

I don't remember the staff of my high school being all that interesting. Our principal was part of the blockade during the Cuban Missile Crisis, that's about it.1936270720?profile=RESIZE_180x180

ALIVE (GN)     

1936303968?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: GEN MANGA ENTERTAINMENT

Writer/Art/Cover: HAJIME TAGUCHI

$12.95

Seemingly mundane events twist with an unusual presence of the unreal as the psyche of ordinary people is explored. Depression, time and thought are redefined. Alive is a collection of melancholy love stories saturated with sadness. Characters struggle to connect with one another but never quite succeed. They are essentially alone. A world that is dark and disturbing, suicide is constantly contemplated and feelings of guilt, inadequacy and suppressed sexuality surface as identity itself becomes a fragile thing.

Good lord! I'm feeling suicidal just reading this description!

Yeah, it doesn't sound too appealing, does it?

1936270720?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936305984?profile=RESIZE_1024x1024ALL NEW EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT IRIS #4 

Publisher: ASPEN MLT INC

Writer: BRIAN BUCCELLATO

Art/Covers: PASQUALE QUALANO

$3.99

It's an all-new direction for the Executive Assistant that started it all! With the clocking ticking and a price on her head, Iris must fight her way through bounty hunters and assassins as she tries to rescue Cherry from kidnappers. Badly outnumbered and outgunned, Iris gets an assist from an unlikely source -- a former Executive Assistant who was honor-bound not to interfere. Aspen is proud to welcome writer Brian Buccellato and penciler Pasquale Qualano to the Iris family! Along with colorist John Starr, this incredible creative team is ready to bring you an

1936270720?profile=RESIZE_180x180ALL NEW FATHOM #6

1936306219?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936306388?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: ASPEN MLT INC

Writer: DAVID WOHL

Art/Cover: ALEX KONAT

Variant: CORY SMITH

$3.99

A new direction in the FATHOM Universe continues! As Aspen and Chance begin to understand the true implications of Vana's master plan, they realize that the whole world could be in danger, both above and below the seas. But, it may already be too late to reverse the damage! Meanwhile, in Muria, Anya's desperate search for answers regarding her daughter's disappearance lead her to a very surprising, and tragic, conclusion! Writer David Wohl, artist Alex Konat and colorist Beth Sotelo team up once again to bring you the latest adventures of Michael Turner's most beloved creation!

Amazing. Without any shame at all, Aspen has renamed its books with the same "All New" prefix that Marvel is using in its "All-New Marvel NOW!" marketing plan. Do they think it will fool a couple of readers into thinking these are Marvel books? Do they think those readers will be happy when they find out they've been fooled? Man, not only is this cheesy, low-rent swipe, but it's not likely to work. What's it like to sell your soul for a plan that fails?

1936270720?profile=RESIZE_180x180ANA ALEXANDER PORCELAIN     

1936308430?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: RED GIANT ENTERTAINMENT

Writer: ANA ALEXANDER, BENNY POWELL

Art: KIM LANG, YOUJUN YANG

Cover: KIM LANG

$3.99

Set in the near future, the world's best assassin, Agent Porcelain, wasn't born, she was grown in a lab. At least that's what her creators claim. But if that's true, why does this supposedly soulless creation have dreams? It all starts here! Action actress and model, Ana Alexander, of Femme Fatales and Chemistry fame, creates, writes and stars as the hero in this brand new series.

I'd never heard of Ana Alexander, but it turns out that she's a very attractive actress who has appeared on some TV shows I don't watch. So that's legit. More important for us fanboys, she is legitimately a comic-book fan as well -- her brief description on imdb.com is mostly about her childhood love of comics! And even though she was born in Serbia, her favorites were all American comics, and an eclectic range at that, including Superman, Batman, Sandman, The Phantom and The Crow! I usually roll my eyes when today's Hot Young Things chatter about how much they love comics, but in the case of Ana Alexander, it appears to be true. That scores big points with me!

1936270720?profile=RESIZE_180x180ARIOL VOL 4: BEAUTIFUL COW  (TPB)  

1936310495?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: NBM

Writer: EMMANUAL GUIBERT

Art/Cover: MARC BOUTAVANT

$12.99

Petula is a beautiful cow who smells nice, has pretty hair, and makes Ariol tremble when she's around. And even though Ariol's story so far is almost 400 pages long, he still hasn't worked up the courage to tell Petula that he loves her! Instead, he keeps accidentally saying all the wrong things every time she turns around to talk to him in class. Valiant Ariol is finally ready to make his move. Will he soar like Thunder Horse or plummet like, well, like Ariol? With charming artwork and hilarious vignettes, Ariol is the perfect series for anyone who started off life as a kid!

1936270720?profile=RESIZE_180x180AUTEUR #2

1936310734?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: ONI PRESS INC.

Writer: RICK SPEARS

Art/Cover: JAMES CALLAHAN

Mature/$3.99

Notorious Hollywood producer, Nathan T. Rex aims to punch up the gore on his new horror film Presidents Day by hiring a real life serial killer as a "murder consultant". Hijacking the Darwin killer's legal defense, Rex spins the "trial of the century," into a mockery of justice, all in the name of Tinseltown glory!

I've got reviews copies of the first two issues, and I promise I'll read them before the third issue so I can advise/review. Promise! In the meantime, wehre is that logo lettering style lifted from? Rolling Stone? It looks familiar.

1936270720?profile=RESIZE_180x180BART SIMPSON TO THE RESCUE (GN)    

1936312771?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: BONGO COMICS

Writer/Art: MATT GROENING

Cover: JASON HO

$15.99

Need a lift or a laugh? Help is on the way! When Bart attempts his most elaborate practical joke ever, he becomes an Internet sensation with a little help from his friends, about 15 million of them. Then join Bart on an incredulous journey when a monster firecracker leaves him both deaf and dumbfounded. And when Bart has a chance encounter with a fortune-teller, even he's not prepared for the future twist of fate that awaits him. And find out who's defacing every billboard in town by drawing mustaches on them. If it's not El Barto, who is it?

1936270720?profile=RESIZE_180x180BOHEMIANS (GN)     

1936314830?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: RANDOM HOUSE

Writer: PAUL BUHLE, DAVID BERGER

Art: SPAIN RODRIGUEZ & Various

$16.95

The nineteenth-century countercultures that came to define the bohemian lifestyle spanned both sides of the Atlantic, ranging from Walt Whitman to Josephine Baker, and from Gertrude Stein to Thelonius Monk. Bohemians is the graphic history of this movement and its illustrious figures, recovering the utopian ideas behind millennial communities, and covering the rise of Greenwich Village, the multiracial and radical jazz world, and West Coast and Midwest bohemians, among other scenes. Drawn by an all-star cast of comics artists, including rising figures like Sabrina Jones, Lance Tooks and Summer McClinton, alongside established artists like Peter Kuper and Spain Rodriguez, Bohemians is a broad and entertaining account of the rebel impulse in American cultural history.

This something I'd like to read about even if it wasn't done in comics form!

1936270720?profile=RESIZE_180x180COLLECTED NINJA HIGH SCHOOL VOL 2 (TPB)    

1936314886?profile=RESIZE_320x320Publisher: ANTARCTIC PRESS

$24.99

Get ready, class, we're going to party like it's 1999!

Enter the world of Ricky Feeple. He's just trying to get by at Quagmire High School, but who can study when your girlfriend's a super-hero, a female ninja wants to fight you to the death, and a hot alien babe lives in your spare bedroom!? Collected for the first time in color since the series was originally printed in 1999!

1936270720?profile=RESIZE_180x180CURSE #4   

1936314992?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: BOOM ENTERTAINMENT

Writer: MICHAEL MORECI, TIM DANIEL

Art: RILEY ROSSMO, COLIN LORIMER

Cover: RILEY ROSSMO

$3.99

Laney Griffin has shouldered more heartbreak than one man should be asked to endure. With his son's life and his own criminal innocence hanging in the balance, Laney must take drastic measures to stay one step ahead. But as the captive werewolf emerges with the full moon and Sheriff Nora Hughes' forces close in, the hope for survival looks slim-for father and son.

1936270720?profile=RESIZE_180x180DINOSAURS VOL 2: ALLOSAURUS (HC)

1936317117?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: NBM

Writer: AAMAUD PLUMERI

Art/Cover: BLOZ

$10.99

When you're a dinosaur, there's only one thing to fear: the dinosaurs that are bigger than you! How do the jaws of a T.Rex measure up to those of a shark or a lion? How could an Allosaurus eat as much as it did without getting sick? What happens when an Albertosaurus takes on a Carnotaurus? Bite of the Allosaurus is a snarling, bone-crunching look at the biggest beasts that ever lived!

When I was a kid, I was convinced that Allosaurus was more dangerous than T. Rex, and got in a lot of playground arguments on that score. But I'll be darned if I can remember why I thought that.

1936270720?profile=RESIZE_180x180DOCTOR GRORDBORT: PRES TRIUMPH (HC)    

1936319125?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: RANDOM HOUSE

Writer/Art/Cover: GREG BROADMORE

$19.99

Prepare yourself for tales of Triumph! Since the first word was inscribed onto parchment, man has searched for tomes that lift the lid on the inner machinations of the human condition and reveal truths about humanity and its place in the universe -- there are books that teach, books that inspire and books that offer a glimpse into our very souls. Triumph, on the other hand, is full of violence, bad language, interplanetary racism and a little sprinkling of smut ... but you get what you pay for.

You know, it was guys like this who created and ran the British Empire, back in the couple of centuries when it was the most powerful superpower in the world. And yet now we always play these ultra-patriotic, stiff-upper-lip types for humor. Why is that, do you think?

1936270720?profile=RESIZE_180x180DOROHEDORO VOL 12 (GN)

1936320947?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: VIZ LLC 

Writer/Art/Cover: Q. HAYASHIDA

Mature/$12.99

En's murder sends his gang into chaos as Shin and Noi attempt to locate his killer's whereabouts. Meanwhile, Nikaido and Kawajiri explore her magical abilities and how they might relate to the search for Caiman. And the Cross-Eyes continue their quest to see their boss -- unaware of his role in En's death, or that their path is taking them straight into danger themselves. A bloody battle royale awaits.

Wow, this sounds a little overcomplicated.

1936270720?profile=RESIZE_180x180FAIRY TAIL VOL 37 (GN)

1936321207?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: RANDOM HOUSE

Writer/Art/Cover: HIRO MASHIMA

$10.99

To the surprise of no one, Natsu hasn't really thought through his plan to rescue Lucy. Along the way, they face a death trap, a team of magical executioners, and another Lucy? Meanwhile, Erza struggles through a three-way free-for-all with the world's other two most powerful women wizards! Will the world survive Fairy Tail's attempts to save it?

1936270720?profile=RESIZE_180x180FAMILY TIES: AN ALASKAN CRIME DRAMA

1936321284?profile=RESIZE_180x180By ERIC HOBBS, NOEL TUAZON

6x9, 208pp., B&W trade pb., $14.99

From the creators of The Broadcast

Hoping to secure a future for his children, an aging Alaskan crime boss looks to retire and divide his empire amongst his three heirs. But when his idealistic son refuses the inheritance, the old man disowns him. This turns out to be a fatal mistake when he sees his cold-blooded daughters use their new-found power and influence against him. Inspired by the classic play King Lear; The Godfather meets Shakespearean tragedy in this epic tale of betrayal and loss.

1936270720?profile=RESIZE_180x180

• GAIJIN: AMERICAN PRISONER OF WAR (GN)

1936276650?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: HACHETTE BOOK GROUP USA

Writer/Art/Cover: MATT FAULKNER

$19.99

A visually compelling, historically significant, and boldly illustrated graphic novel about a Japanese American boy's internment during World War II. With a white mother and a Japanese father, Koji Miyamoto quickly realizes that his home in San Francisco is no longer a welcoming one after Pearl Harbor is attacked. And once he's sent to an internment camp, he learns that being half white at the camp is just as difficult as being half Japanese on the streets of an American city during WWII. Koji's story, based on true events, is brought to life by Matt Faulkner's cinematic illustrations that reveal Koji struggling to find his place in a tumultuous world, one where he is a prisoner of war in his own country.

Now this sounds interesting!

1936270720?profile=RESIZE_180x180GEARHEART'S STEAMPUNK GLAMOR REVUE #10

1936279005?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: ANTARCTIC PRESS

Writer: PATRICIA H. ASH, CHRISTINA KELLEY

Art: RICK BROWN & Various

Cover: GREG DANIELS

$3.99

Our new editrix ushers in a flurry of fabulous firsts in Gearhearts history! Our first returning Brass Belle, gorgeous German MADemoiselle Meli, is back with new eye-popping photographs. Behold the free-spirited, sexy watercolors of our first Swedish illustrator, Jennie Gyllblad. Feast on our first foray into the Victorian serial story tradition, with part one of a captivating tripartite tale by Melanie Fletcher. Climb on board the zeppelin for espionage, love, mad science, and, of course, steampunk beauties!

1936270720?profile=RESIZE_180x180GRIMM FAIRY TALES: GODSTORM HERCULES PAYNE #1

1936279061?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936279137?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936279303?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936270720?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936279479?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: ZENESCOPE ENTERTAINMENT INC

Writer: PATRICK SHAND

Art: TBD

Cover A: HARVEY TOLIBAO

Cover B: ALFREDO REYES

Cover C: VINCENZO CUCCA

Cover D: JASON JOHNSON

$3.99

Andre Payne grew up on the mean streets of south central LA where he learned early on that only the toughest survive. And survival meant joining one of the ruthless gangs that control the streets. Andre never knew his father but when his life of guns and crime catch up with him, his dad finally shows up. And Andre's about to realize the shocking truth that he's the modern incarnation of the demigod, Hercules and his father is the powerful Zeus! Zenescope re-imagines yet another age-old tale for a new generation of readers! Don't miss the first issue of the series that introduces the Grimm Universe's greatest new hero!

So Hercules is black now. Well, why not? Zeus certainly wasn't picky about race when knocking up mortal women -- he wasn't actually very choosy at all. He was a randy old deity!

1936270720?profile=RESIZE_180x180GRIMM FAIRY TALES: INFERNO AGE OF DARKNESS

1936281590?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936281694?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936283901?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936270720?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936284095?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: ZENESCOPE ENTERTAINMENT INC

Writer: RALPH TEDESCO

Art: SAMI KIVELA

Cover A: DREW JOHNSON

Covewr B: EMILIO LAISO

Cover C: TINA VALENTINO

Cover D: PASQUALE QUALANO

$5.99

Mercy Dante is back! The Age of Darkness is coming and the players are choosing sides between the evil army of the Dark Horde and the forces of good. Until now, Lucifer, the ruler of limbo, has stayed out of the affairs of the Horde and the and its enemies. But the time has come for her to choose a side. Using her loyal servant Mercy, she is out to prove to the Dark One and his Queen that whichever side she chooses, she's still a force to be reckoned with.

If I hadn't already decided to change my name to Shabazz Napier, I'd go with Mercy Dante.

1936270720?profile=RESIZE_180x180GRIMM FAIRY TALES: NEVERLAND AGE OF DARKNESS #2

1936286114?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936287973?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: ZENESCOPE ENTERTAINMENT INC

Writer: DAN WICKLINE

Art: LUCA CLARETTI

Cover A: ANTHONY SPAY (not pictured)

Cover B: MARAT MYCHAELS

Cover C: JOHNNY DESJARDINS

$2.99

After escaping the Dark Horde ambush in Manhattan by using a portal to Neverland, Cross and Wendy reteam with their old alley Tinker Belle. They soon discover that the Horde has been launching attacks on civilian targets in a campaign of terror. As they prepare to stop the latest attack, little do they know they are walking into the nest of one of the Horde's deadliest commanders.

1936270720?profile=RESIZE_180x180GRIMM FAIRY TALES: TALES FROM OZ VOL 1 (TPB)

Publisher: ZENESCOPE ENTERTAINMENT INC

Writer: DAN WICKLINE & Various

Art: Various

Cover: MARAT MYCHAELS

$12.99

The realm of Oz is filled with mysterious and magical people and creatures. Now, the most infamous OZ characters to appear in Zenescope's intense, dark and daring re-imagining of the Oz mythos. The mesmerizing and often times frightening origins of the Tin Man, The Scarecrow, Thane the Lion and a wolf named Toto are collected together in this epic trade paperback.

1936270720?profile=RESIZE_180x180GHOST WOLF #1

1936288097?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: AMIGO COMICS

Writer: EL TORRES

Art/Cover: SIKU

$3.99

The full saga of the Ghost Wolf, the spirit of vengeance of the northern wastes. When the sons of Corr lost their courage, they were swept by the wild tribes. But there was one man decided to fight -- and paid with his life. He will become the vessel for the long, forsaken spirit of vengeance. The Ghost Wolf!

1936270720?profile=RESIZE_180x180GOD IS DEAD #11

1936289917?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936291848?profile=RESIZE_320x3201936270720?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936292020?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936293915?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: AVATAR PRESS INC

Writer: MIKE COSTA

Art: GERMAN ERRAMOUSPE

Cover A, C, D: JACEN BURROWS

Cover B: GERMAN NOBILE

Mature/$3.99

Albert accomplished his goal of drawing more deities into the world...and now the Earth will burn. Man's hubris truly does know no bounds. Can the human race find a way to co-exist with gods walking among them? Or will this be the final chapter in the book of Armageddon? MIKE COSTA delivers the intensity and darkness in the ongoing tale of humanity at the brink of destruction. Available with not only a Regular cover but also an End of Days cover, Iconic, and Gilded Order Incentive copies by Jacen Burrows and a special Carnage Wraparound by German Nobile.

I think that's Hephaestus on Cover B, but can anyone identify the deities on covers C and D?

1936270720?profile=RESIZE_180x180GREEN LAMA: SCIONS (PROSE NOVEL)

1936295973?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: MOONSTONE

Writer: ADAM GARCIA

$6.99

A cruise ship crashes suddenly on Liberty Island. All onboard are dead by their own murderous hands. All but one. What secrets does the lone survivor harbor within her very soul? And what horrors does she bring? These are questions only the Green Lama can answer! Reintroducing the most unique Pulp Hero ever! In reality, The Green Lama is Jethro Dumont, a millionaire playboy who spent ten years in Tibet and now uses his Buddhist training to pursue Justice for those denied it! Can even the Green Lama, with his mastery of the supernatural and his radioactive salts, be enough to prevent the coming of Scions?

Wait, what? Is this character in the public domain? Because I thought Dynamite was using him these days.

1936270720?profile=RESIZE_180x180JACK HAGEE NO FREE LUNCH (NOVEL HC)

STK630233.jpg?width=150Publisher: MOONSTONE

Writer: C. J. HENDERSON

$19.99

His is only one of the bodies that will be found in this stunning tale of greed and murder set against the background of NYC's most depraved sex club. This is CJ Henderson's greatest character at his absolute best! This edition comes with the bonus Jack Hagee short "Bop Bop," in which Hagee tracks a murderous bail-jumper in Detroit.

1936270720?profile=RESIZE_180x180KNIGHTS OF THE DINNER TABLE #20

STK628611.jpg?width=150Publisher: KENZER & COMPANY

Writer: JOLLY BLACKBURN, Various

Art: JOLLY BLACKBURN

Cover: TBD

$5.99

This multiple award-winning comic magazine features the hilarious misadventures of a group of gamers (the Knights) and their friends, along with useful role-playing and other articles for gamers, from a gamer's perspective. It's a slice of (fantasy) life in strips, articles, reviews and features, and a wonderful celebration of the gaming culture!

1936270720?profile=RESIZE_180x180KURT COBAIN: WHEN I WAS AN ALIEN (GN)

STK639757.jpg?width=150Publisher: SCB DISTRIBUTORS

Writer: DANILO DENINOTTI

Art/Cover: TONY BRUNO

$18.95

From One Peace Books. Growing up, Kurt Cobain believed that he was an alien and that his parents weren't really his parents. He thought that his alien race would rescue him sooner or later or that he would at least meet others like him, never feeling alone again. Eventually, Kurt Cobain will meet like-minded friends and start the band, Nirvana, that changes the musical landscape forever. Created by two up-and-coming Italian comic artists, this nonfiction, coming-of-age graphic novel follows Kurt Cobain from his childhood to the brink of worldwide fame with the release of Nevermind, showing how tough suburban life can be for a teenager and how friendship and music can fill that emptiness, especially when you feel different. Alone.

I hate to appear as if I'm making light of what was a serious case of clinical depression, but Kurt Cobain was hardly unique in feeling weird and different as an adolescent. It's pretty much a universal experience.

1936270720?profile=RESIZE_180x180MEN OF MYSTERY #92

STK633501.jpg?width=150Publisher: AC COMICS

Writer: ED CRONIN & Various

Art: BOB POWELL & Various

Cover: ALEX SCHOMBURG

$29.95

The Black Terror returns to the pages of Men of Mystery this issue, with Airboy, Dollman, Phantasmo, Moon Girl, Red Dragon, Scarlet Arrow, Rex Dexter, The Red Comet, Nightmare and Sleepy, Fox Features' Thor, and a dozen more of the most fascinating comic book heroes of the 1940s in full-story, never previously seen reprints!

I've found this book educational, in that it taught me that for every good Golden Age story, there were about fifty mediocre ones.

1936270720?profile=RESIZE_180x180MERCENARY PIG #1

STK636261.jpg?width=150Publisher: AAZURN PUBLISHING

Writer/Art;Cover: TOM ARVIS

Mature/$4.99

Tom Arvis' legendary hero and indie favorite Mercenary Pig is now presented in one complete, full color volume! A walking, talking, thinking, humanoid pig takes on animal cruelty, genetically modified pigs, and, ultimately, an evil food conglomerate, in this pork-humor filled, action packed origin story! New material wraps up the entire Meatcutter story arc in these 48 pages, as Percy the pig begins his guerrilla fight for animal rights -- with his fists!

1936270720?profile=RESIZE_180x180MINECRAFT OFFICIAL MOJANG ESSENTIAL HANDBOOK

STK636516.jpg?width=150Publisher: SCHOLASTIC INC.

$7.99

Welcome to the world of Minecraft! Learn how to find resources; make a shelter; craft tools, armor, and weapons; and protect yourself from monsters in the world of Minecraft! You're alone in a mysterious new world, full of hidden dangers. You have only minutes to find food and shelter before darkness falls and the monsters come looking for you. What do you do? This official Minecraft beginner's handbook might just save your life. With tips from Minecraft experts, including developer Jeb and creator Notch himself, this is the definitive guide to surviving your first few days.

1936270720?profile=RESIZE_180x180MISSIONS OF LOVE VOL 7 (GN)

STK634687.jpg?width=150Publisher: RANDOM HOUSE

Writer/Art/Cover: EMA TOYAMA

$10.99

Romantic hijinx and sexual tension are rampant in this funny and dramatic shojo series. Can a girl blackmail a boy to teach her about love, just so she can write a new novel? Yukina is a cold and distant girl, while Shigure appears to be a perfect, good-looking guy. But the two of them have a secret, and their extraordinary "love" is about to start! Yukina, under the pen name "Yupina," is actually a popular cell phone novelist. When she discovers Shigure's devious womanizing ways, she blackmails him to complete daring "missions of love" for her to write about. Will these missions give them an opportunity to fall in love with each other?

Are "cell phone novels" known in this country?  I don't seem to have heard of them existing outside of Japan.

1936270720?profile=RESIZE_180x180NO. 6 VOL 6 (GN)

STK634688.jpg?width=150Publisher: RANDOM HOUSE

Writer: Atsuko Asano

Art/Cover: HINOKI KINO

$10.99

"I came here to annihilate No. 6." In an underground cavern connected to the Correctional Facility, Shion and Rat meet the mysterious Elder, who promises to reveal the secrets of No. 6. But it turns out the grotesque origins of the Holy City are intertwined with Rat's past. Meanwhile, as No. 6 lurches to life for the Holyday, more and more citizens begins to exhibit strange symptoms!

If I thought this was a manga version of The Prisoner, I might look out for it.

1936270720?profile=RESIZE_180x180OPERATION MARGARINE (GN)

STK636259.jpg?width=150Publisher: ADHOUSE BOOKS

Writer/Art/Cover: KATIE SKELLY

Mature/$12.95

Troubled tuff girl Bon-Bon and rich girl runaway Margarine make a motorcycle escape from the mean streets of the city to the desolate roads of the desert, holding their own against the elements, biker gangs, and each other.

1936270720?profile=RESIZE_180x180PRE-CODE CLASSICS WEIRD MYSTERIES VOL 2 (SLIPCASED ED)

STK624799.jpg?width=300Publisher: PS ARTBOOKS

Writer: RICHARD CHIZMAR

Art: HY FLEISHMAN & Various

$64.99

Here comes that doyen of depravity PS Artbooks once more with a new sideline, Pre-Code Classics, and lots more tales guaranteed to turn your brain into total mush! Read 'em and weep, culture-lovers and rest assured there's more where these came from! Collects Weird Mysteries issues #7-12 (October 1953 to September 1954) in a deluxe slipcase edition.

1936270720?profile=RESIZE_180x180

• RACHEL RISING VOL 4: WINTER GRAVES (TPB)

STK635491.jpg?width=150Publisher: ABSTRACT STUDIOS

Writer/Art/Cover: TERRY MOORE

$16.99

Aunt Johnny lies dead in a mortuary, Manson is buried under the snowstorm of the century and Jet is possessed by a 15-year-old boy from the 1600s. Rachel can save them all, if she can find the spell chest she buried 300 years ago. But first, she must learn the truth about her troubled past. This new volume collects issues #19-24 of Terry Moore's critically acclaimed series.

Anyone reading this? I kinda lost interest in Moore's Strangers in Paradise when it took a turn to espionage and the fantastic, and that was him magnum opus, so I'm not inclined to try his work again. Unless one you suggests it, of course.

1936270720?profile=RESIZE_180x180REGULAR SHOW VOL 1 (TPB)

STK636136.jpg?width=150Publisher: BOOM ENTERTAINMENT

Writer: K.C. GREEN

Art: ALLISON STREJLAU

Cover: CHRIS HOUGHTON

$14.99

It's a comic that is anything but regular! Benson just wants to have a quiet concert in the park ... too bad Muscle Man has other plans! Will Mordecai and Rigby be able to stop the moshing before it gets out of control? Don't miss these brand new adventures, written by acclaimed cartoonist KC Green (GUNSHOW) and drawn by the super talented Allison Strejlau!

1936270720?profile=RESIZE_180x180ROVER RED CHARLIE #5

STK636213.jpg?width=150STK636215.jpg?width=3001936270720?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: AVATAR PRESS INC

Writer: Garth Ennis

Art/Covers: MICHAEL DIPASCALE

Mature/$3.99

Long gone are the days of treats and dog parks. Rover, Red, and Charlie near the end of their canine odyssey as they discover the trail to their final destiny. As the feeders' world collapses around them, these three best friends continue to search for the new path in this post-apocalyptic world. And with the very forces of nature seemingly against them, the trio must find a way to the Big Splash. GARTH ENNIS, the master of original horror, has crafted a story that eloquently reveals the best and worst in human nature through the actions of man's best friend. Available with a Regular, Wraparound, and a Dog Days Order Incentive cover by series artist Michael Dipascale.

Can anyone tell what's going on in the second cover? It looks like the dogs are fighting over a shoe, which has ... jelly beans? ... falling out of it. That doesn't make much sense.

1936270720?profile=RESIZE_180x180SAN HANNIBAL #1

STK636100.jpg?width=150Publisher: POP GOES THE ICON

Writer/Cover: DAN SCHKADE

Art: J D FAITH

$2.99

In this neon noir mystery, a small-time private investigator, Ira Avery, searches for the missing photojournalist, Savannah Loy. The seemingly simple case soon reveals itself to be much bigger than Avery had expected and he finds himself risking life, limb, and sanity to uncover the secret of San Hannibal, California and the secret that has caused his mark to fall off the face of the Earth.

1936270720?profile=RESIZE_180x180SHEENA #1

STK633305.jpg?width=150Publisher: MOONSTONE

Writer: DAVID D, PAUL D. STORRIE

Art/Cover: JAKE MINOR

$3.99

Die Hard screenwriter Steven E. de Souza's critically acclaimed reboot of Will Eisner's Sheena, Queen of the Jungle comes to Moonstone in this action-packed series! When archaeologists exploring ruins on Rachel Caldwell's remote jungle estate are found torn to bits, the authorities blame "savage terrorist" Sheena. Rachel knows otherwise, since she is Sheena -- but what she can't believe is the only remaining explanation, the curse of the Jaguar Men!

Those pesky Jaguar Men! They show up everywhere!

1936270720?profile=RESIZE_180x180SIMPSONS COMICS #211

STK636027.jpg?width=150Publisher: BONGO COMICS

Writer/Art: Various

Cover: MIKE ROTE

$2.99

Comic Book Guy celebrates issue two hundred and eleven with eleven two-page stories from a vast array of visiting comic book professionals who just happened to stop by Springfield and into The Android's Dungeon & Baseball Card Shop.

1936270720?profile=RESIZE_180x180SUNNY VOL 3 (HC)

STK635550.jpg?width=150Publisher: VIZ LLC

Writer/Art/Cover: TAIYO MATSUMOTO

Age Rating: T/$22.99

What is Sunny? Sunny is a car. Sunny is a car you take on a drive with your mind. It takes you to the place of your dreams. Sunny is the story of beating the odds, in the ways that count. It's the brand-new masterwork from Eisner Award-winner Taiyo Matsumoto, one of Japan's most innovative and acclaimed manga artists.

Sounds like we should take this book and Alive (up above) and have them fight each other!

1936270720?profile=RESIZE_180x180TAROT WITCH OF THE BLACK ROSE #85

STK632704.jpg?width=150STK632429.jpg?width=150Publisher: BROADSWORD COMICS

Writer/Art/Covers: JIM BALENT

Mature/$15.00

Deluxe Edition $19.99

A PREVIEWS Exclusive! Celebrate 14 years of Jim Balent's smart, sexy, and strong spellbinding witch, Tarot, with this sexy, pin-up-esque, wraparound photo cover collector's edition of issue #85! This issue will be signed by artist/creator Jim Balent and model/colorist Holly Golightly. Comes bagged and boarded with a numbered cover. Limited to 1,000 copies.

I'm appreciative of the crop at the bottom of the second cover. We try to keep this site family friendly!

1936270720?profile=RESIZE_180x180THEA STILTON VOL 3: VIKING SHIP (HC)

STK635980.jpg?width=150Publisher: NBM

Writer/Art: Thea Stilton

$9.99

Colette, Violet, Pamela, Nicky, and Paulina are working on a historical restoration when they learn about an ancient Viking vessel that sank off the shore of Whale Island. Rumor has it that the ship is full of treasure, and what's worse, some shadowy figure is plotting to steal it! If Mouseford's best investigative journalists can't crack this case, Whale Island will lose one of its most important cultural artifacts before it's even found.

1936270720?profile=RESIZE_180x180TIME LINCOLN CONTINENTAL (ONE-SHOT)

STK631612.jpg?width=150Publisher: ANTARCTIC PRESS

Writer/Art/Cover: FRED PERRY

$3.99

The evil power of Void Stalin refuses to die even after the failed assassination attempt of 1865. Time Lincoln traces disturbances to 1968 and discovers a dark force known only as "The Man" has been hard at work, corrupting and consolidating strength against anything that could stop its plans of dominating the future! Time Lincoln has to work fast, because the Void Shadow's next target is Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.!

What? No Jaguar Men?

1936270720?profile=RESIZE_180x180TRANSLUCID #1

STK636275.jpg?width=150Publisher: BOOM ENTERTAINMENT

Writer: Claudio Sanchez, Chondra Echert

Art: DANIEL BAVLISS

Cover: JEFF STOKELY

$3.99

WHY WE LOVE IT: Claudio Sanchez and Chondra Echert have given us such BOOM! Studios favorites as KILL AUDIO, THE AMORY WARS and KEY OF Z. Their latest book takes the superhero trope of "the never-ending battle" and turns it into something you've never seen before.

WHY YOU'LL LOVE IT: TRANSLUCID is the superhero story you want but never thought you'd see. A story of childhood hope and loss as much as it is about the meaning of heroism, and what defines a hero and a villain.

WHAT IT'S ABOUT: The Horse has been the archenemy of The Navigator for years. But The Horse feels The Navigator's moral compass has been slipping, and even a villain can't let that happen. The Horse decides to get a closer look into The Navigator's past that he's buried deep in his subconsciousness and find out what drives a person to make the right choice, and what propels someone to make the selfish one. Thus begins an exploration of why a young man would take the mantle of a superhero.

1936270720?profile=RESIZE_180x180WASTELAND #53

STK632448.jpg?width=150Publisher: ONI PRESS INC.

Writer: ANTHONY JOHNSTON

Art/Cover: CHRISTOPHER MITTEN

Mature/$3.99

CHRISTOPHER MITTEN RETURNS to draw the concluding story arc of this truly epic saga! Michael, Abi, and Thomas have found The Golden Sea, just as the Oracle predicted. But will it lead them to A-Ree-Yass-I? And if it does, what will they find? Questions will be answered, secrets revealed... and not everyone will get out alive!

1936270720?profile=RESIZE_180x180WOLFSMUND VOL 4 (GN)

STK634676.jpg?width=150Publisher: RANDOM HOUSE

Writer/Art/Cover: MITSUHISA KUJI

$12.95

The tale of William Tell has never been rendered as beautifully as in Mitsuhisa Kuji's stunning debut work Wolfsmund, where a fortified way-station torments the Swiss district of Uri murdering all who stand against it, until William and his son attempt to defy it. The Swiss Confederation tries to topple the sadistic tyrant in charge of a fortress called the Wolfsmund in Mitsuhisa Kuji's debut fantasy comic. It is the 14th Century and as the Swiss begin to initiate their movements toward independence a fortress in the Alps known as the Wolfsmund continues to strike fear amongst the German and Italian communities that dare threaten Hapsburg (Austrian) rule!

This also sounds interesting -- I don't actually know much about Swiss history.

• On the Nightcrawler/Mystique battle, was it ever decided if he is her son or brother?

This reply was deleted.