Comics Guide for Dec. 10, 2014

COMICS GUIDE FOR DEC. 10, 2014

Titles listed in the Comics Guide come from the weekly list at the Diamond Comic Distributors Inc. website, and are subject to change. The information in the Comics Guide comes not only from Diamond but from solicitations, press releases and previews released by the publishers, except for random comments by Captain Comics (in blue).

BEST BETS

For more information on Best Bets and other titles, 
consult the "This Week's Comics" section below.

AFTERLIFE WITH ARCHIE #7 ($3.99, Archie Comics): It’s been months and months since the last issue of this terrific book, which ended on a cliffhanger. But as much as we’d like to find out what happens to Sabrina, I think another member of our gang is in even more serious trouble. I mean, given that this is the first part of a six-part story titled “Betty RIP. “ Yikes? Could they really kill off Betty Cooper? I don’t want to believe it, so naturally I’m going to read every panel.

ASTRO CITY #18 ($3.99, DC Comics): A new storyline begins, taking a look at what happens when a crimefighter gets too old to continue (starring Crackerjack and Quarrel, your archetypal costumed acrobats). Nietzche liked to say that what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger, but I don’t think that applies to superheroes, who are constantly getting shot, knifed, beaten and bloodied. Remember Batman in Kingdom Come, who virtually needed an exoskeleton to move his crippled body around. Or Batman in The Dark Knight Rises, who no longer had any cartilage in one of his knees. Or … well, you get the point. So even if this wasn’t Astro City, it would be an interesting story. But it is Astro City, which guarantees it’ll be a great story.

BITCH PLANET #1 ($3.50, Image Comics): Fan-favorite writer Kelly Sue DeConnick (Captain Marvel, Pretty Deadly), claims she has taken a feminist approach to the “women in prison” genre. Since that seems a complete contradiction in terms, it’s likely to be pretty interesting. It’s also likely to be camp fun. Um, respectful camp fun.

LADY DEMON #1 ($3.99, Dynamite Entertainment): Lady Demon was originally the dark side of Chaos’ most popular character, Lady Death. But Chaos Comics, in its Dynamite incarnation, no longer has the rights to Lady Death, so Lady Demon is … well, she looks like and is described as pretty much Lady Death. So if you’re a Lady Death fan, here’s the closest thing available.

SPIDER-MAN & THE X-MEN #1 ($3.99, Marvel Comics): Why is Spider-Man now teaching at the Jean Grey School? And HOW is Spider-Man teaching at the Jean Grey School? Hopefully, the answers will be amusing as the lead-up promises to be!

SUPERMAN FOR ALL SEASONS DELUXE EDITION ($29.99, DC): This is one of my top five Superman stories, so if you haven’t read it, here’s a good opportunity. Plus, it’s an edition nice enough that you might not hide it when guests come over!

THE VALIANT #1 (of 4, $3.99, Valiant): Back in the old Valiant, the Eternal Warrior and the Geomancers had a connection. In the new Valiant, it’s a pretty strong connection, and draws in other major Valiant players, like Bloodshot and Armstrong. Promising to have implications stretching backward and forward in history, The Valiant is the young publisher’s best foot forward and looks terrific. Valiant seems to think so, too, given the tremendous amount of PR and preview material available in the Valiant section. Go see!

THIS WEEK'S COMICS

Titles are grouped alphabetically by publisher, in this order:  
Archie Comics, Dark Horse Comics, DC Comics, Dynamite Entertainment, IDW Publishing, Image Comics, Marvel Comics, Valiant Comics and the catch-all Other Publishers.

ARCHIE COMICS

AFTERLIFE WITH ARCHIE #7

Script: ROBERTO AGUIRRE-SACASA

Art: FRANCESCO FRANCAVILLA, JACK MORELLI

Cover: FRANCESCO FRANCAVILLA

Reality TV Variant Cover: ANDREW PEPOY, JASON MILLET

32-page, full color comic, $3.99 U.S.

"BETTY RIP" Part 1 (of 6):

"Thanksgiving"

THE SMASH HORROR HIT CONTINUES! It's been weeks since Archie and his friends left Riverdale. Now, they are wandering the deserted highways of America, one step ahead of the ever-pursuing vicious zombie horde. When they decide to set down roots to observe their first post-apocalypse Thanksgiving, Mr. Lodge leads a team into the forests of Pennsylvania to find dinner, but the hunters soon become the hunted, and not all of the gang will make it out of the woods alive …

"This thing is downright evil, but in all the best ways." – IGN

"Macabre monthly masterpiece." – NPR

"It's got tight, tense storylines, genuine horror and real pathos.” – BOING BOING

"Tense, scary, heartfelt, evocative, beautifully drawn and gory." – FANGORIA

"The best zombie story right now." – SLATE

"One of the best comics of the year." – THE HOLLYWOOD REPORTER

ARCHIE’S FUNHOUSE JUMBO COMICS DIGEST #11

Script: CRAIG BOLDMAN

Art: FERNANDO RUIZ

Cover: JEFF SHULTZ, BOB SMITH, ROSARIO "TITO" PENA

288 PGS / FC / $6.99 U.S.

There have been some rampant purse-grabbers in Riverdale, and Betty’s taken precautions to protect herself. She’s started by taking mixed martial arts classes, but she’s a bit too jumpy and sometimes her knee-jerk reactions end up with someone getting hurt—which means no surprise smooches from Archie! Archie must help her learn how to not have any shotgun reactions. Can he help her hone in on her butt-kicking craft, or will he end up in the hospital? Find out in “Don’t Cross Betty Cooper!” The hilarious all-new lead story to this JUMBO comics digest!

I'm delighted that Archie has finally re-discovered its past, and is now reprinting stories like the "Archie's Pals 'n' Gals" story below. Kid or adult, it's always fun to look at what used to make us laugh. Especially, when it still does!SONIC THE HEDGEHOG #267

Script: IAN FLYNN

Art: JAMAL PEPPERS, TERRY AUSTIN, JOHN WORKMAN, GABRIEL CASSATA

Cover: EVAN STANLEY, TERRY ASUTIN, BEN HUNZEKER

“Holiday Havoc” Variant Cover: JENNIFER HERNANDEZ, TERRY AUSTIN, MATT HERMS

32 PGS / FC / $3.99 U.S.

The THUNDEROUS conclusion to the latest Sonic story arc crashes to a close at LIGHTNING speed! "Ambushed!" Part Two: Sonic’s gotten himself into a hairy situation! The savage Werehog threatens to erupt from within, and the vengeful Egg Boss Thunderbolt attacks from without! What’s a cursed hedgehog to do? Unfortunately he won’t get by with a little help from his friends—the Freedom Fighters are far too busy fighting for their lives against three killer E-100 robots!

Don't miss the explosive ending featuring cover art by Stanley, Austin and Hunzeker, plus a hilarious new "Holiday Havoc!" variant cover with pencils by the latest Sonic artist extraordinaire Jennifer Hernandez!

DARK HORSE

ABE SAPIEN #18

Writers: MIKE MIGNOLA, SCOTT ALLIE

Art/Cover: MAX FIUMARA

Cover: DAVE STEWART

FC, 32 pages, $3.50

Ongoing

Having joined a Santa Muerte cult, Abe settles into a small Gulf town with hidden ties to the zombie massacre he failed to stop in Arizona. With more lives depending on him than ever, will he fail again?

• The first five-part arc starts here!

“You’d be a fool to miss out on Abe Sapien: Fine comics indeed.” -- Bloody Disgusting

Abe Sapien is another strong monthly dose of horror, and now’s a great time to find out for yourself.” -- Comic Book Resources

“I read a ton of Dark Horse titles each month and really each week, but for my money Abe Sapien really is one of the best they publish.” -- Comic Bastards

THE GOON: OCCASION OF REVENGE #4 (of 4)

Writer/Art/Cover: ERIC POWELL

FC, 32 pages, $3.50

Miniseries

“THINGS WILL NEVER BE THE SAME AGAIN!” That’s the overly dramatic crap publishers put in solicitation copy to get you to buy their books. The books that tell the same story over and over again. Nothing really changes. There’s no impact. I’m not going to tell you anything that happens in this issue of Occasion of Revenge because to tell you anything would be to tell you too much. Other than that the Goon will never be the same again. Unlike some, I mean it. -- Eric Powell

The Goon retakes his spot back at the top of the list of greatest comics on the shelf in current production.” -- Comic Bastards

ITTY BITTY COMICS: THE MASK #2

Writer/Art: ART BALTAZAR. FRANCO

FC, 32 pages, $2.99

Ongoing

AW YEAH! ITTY BITTY MASK!

When Herman brings the mask in to his zookeeping job, he never expects the animals to be curious about it too! Now strange things are happening at the zoo! Is that an elephant dancing the mambo? What’s up with that well-dressed giraffe? Find out when animals unleash their wild side! 

• From the guys who brought you Tiny Titans, Aw Yeah! Comics, and the Eisner-winning Itty Bitty Hellboy!

• All-ages mayhem from Art Baltazar and Franco!

I've grown seriously tired of Baltazar's style. Call me cranky, but I hope to never hear "Aw, yeah!" again.

PROMETHEUS: FIRE AND STONE #4 (of 4)

Writer: PAUL TOBIN

Art: JUAN FERREYRA

Cover: DAVID PALUMBO

FC, 32 pages, $3.50

Miniseries

ALIEN VS. ENGINEER!

Casualties rise as the Prometheus’s recovery team find themselves trapped between an unrelenting alien horde, a ruthless Engineer, and a vengeful victim of the mysterious accelerant!

• The blockbuster crossover breaks new ground!

• From Eisner Award–winning writer Paul Tobin (Bandette, Colder)!

• Art by Bleeding Cool’s 2013 artist of the year, Juan Ferreyra (Colder, Kiss Me, Satan!)!

X #20

Writer: DUANE SWIERCZYNSKI

Art: ERIC NGUYEN

Colors: MICHELLE MADSEN

Cover: FREDDIE WILLIAMS II, JEREMY COLWELL

FC, 32 pages

$2.99

Ongoing

The Skin Traders and their psycho leader, Dr. Heide, have tracked X to a besieged Arcadia hospital! Horrifically injured, X will have to use every dirty trick in his playbook to barbecue Pig Man and his snorting henchmen! Swierczynski and Nguyen serve up wall-to-wall action!

• The final installment of the “Flesh and Blood” arc!

“Swierczynski has hit his stride, making X one of my favourite monthly reads.” -- Geeks Unleashed

You need to be a member of Captain Comics to add comments!

Join Captain Comics

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• DC COMICS

ASTRO CITY #18

1936461168?profile=RESIZE_320x320Written by KURT BUSIEK

Art by BRENT ANDERSON

Cover by ALEX ROSS

32 pg, FC, $3.99 US • RATED T

A 4-part spotlight on Quarrel and Crackerjack begins as they face a real crisis: what does an aging crimefighter do when time starts to take its toll? Plus, a look into Quarrel’s origins -- and the end of the line for one of Astro City’s most stalwart heroes. A rich, bittersweet and very human look inside the super human life.

1801324510?profile=RESIZE_180x180BATGIRL #37

1801373497?profile=RESIZE_1024x10241801373571?profile=RESIZE_320x320Written by BRENDEN FLETCHER and CAMERON STEWART

Art by BABS TARR

Cover by CAMERON STEWART

Variant cover by DARWYN COOKE

1:25 Variant cover by BENGAL

32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T

This issue will ship with three covers.

The Batgirl of Burnside is the name on everyone’s lips … but she sure is acting strange since she took up residence in Gotham City’s outer borough! Dangerous joyrides? Photo ops? Sequins? Either Barbara Gordon’s gone off the deep end – or there’s a doppelganger under that cowl!

She's become Dazzler! Good lord! (Choke!)

1801324510?profile=RESIZE_180x180BATMAN ETERNAL #36

STK658496.jpg?width=250Written by SCOTT SNYDER, JAMES TYNION IV, RAY FAWKES, KYLE HIGGINS and TIM SEELEY

Art by FERNANDO BLANCO

Cover by TOMMY LEE EDWARDS

The Batmobile is in flames, and Batman’s enemies have won … but reporter Vicki Vale has learned the secret that could turn everything around!

1801324510?profile=RESIZE_180x180BATMAN: LEGENDS OF THE DARK KNIGHT VOL. 3 (TPB)

1936448744?profile=RESIZE_320x320Written by PAUL JENKINS, RAFAEL ALBUQUERQUE, PETER MILLIGAN and others

Art by OMAR FRANCIA, RAFAEL ALBUQUERQUE, RICCARDO BURCHIELLI and others

Cover by RAFAEL ALBUQUERQUE

192 pg, FC, $16.99 US

These stories from issues #11-13 and 100-PAGE SUPER SPECTACULAR #1 explore Batman’s relationship with Alfred during his early years as a crimefighter, his methods of dealing with super-powered foes and more.

1936413644?profile=RESIZE_180x180COFFIN HILL #14

1936453976?profile=RESIZE_320x320Written by CAITLIN KITTREDGE

Art by RYAN KELLY

Cover by DAVE JOHNSON

32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • MATURE READERS

Travel back to a summer night in 1970 when Coffin Hill saw its worst mass murder in over 200 years. A gang of killers who cut a bloody swath across the USA roll into the sleepy village ... but they didn’t count on what they would find in the house at the end of the last street in town -- or on the ghosts of Coffin Hill, who are only too eager to add more souls to their ranks.

1801324510?profile=RESIZE_180x180CONSTANTINE #20

1801338452?profile=RESIZE_320x320Written by RAY FAWKES

Art by JEREMY HAUN

Cover by JUAN FERREYRA

32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T+

It’s hate at first sight when John Constantine meets his Earth-2 counterpart!

Well, this should be interesting!

1801324510?profile=RESIZE_180x180DIVINE RIGHT: THE ADVENTURES OF MAX FARADAY (TPB)

1936448628?profile=RESIZE_320x320Written by JIM LEE and SCOTT LOBDELL

Art by JIM LEE, SCOTT WILLIAMS, CARLOS D’ANDA and others

Cover by JIM LEE and RICHARD FRIEND

392 pg, FC, • $24.99 US

Max Faraday was an ordinary college student who spent all his time on the Internet – until the day he accidentally downloaded the Creation Equation. Suddenly able to access the limitless powers of the universe itself, this pizza delivery boy found himself the target of a secret government agency! Now, aided by a band of warriors sworn to protect the formula, Max, his sister, and his best friend must stay one step ahead of the deadly assassins and horrific demons that are hunting them down. But when his actions begin to wreak havoc across the globe, Max turns from messiah to megalomaniac. Collects DIVINE RIGHT #1-12, the DIVINE RIGHT PREVIEW, DIVINE RIGHT #1/2, DIVINE INTERVENTION: WILDC.A.T.S #1 and DIVINE INTERVENTION: GEN13 #1.

This story, despite its pretty Jim Lee art, is my poster child for the "Chosen One Cliche" that I am heartily sick of. By that I mean stories where some ordinary schlub suddenly discovers that they are they predicted or prophesied person who is at the center of an ancient and/or hidden battle between two forces and must be protected until he/she decides which side they are on. I'm sure you can think of a half dozen stories of this nature yourself, from The Matrix to Ender's Game. It can be done well (Buffy, Luke Skywalker), but usually it's head-slappingly stupid and predictable. (For one thing, why do the schlubs suddently become competent as soon as their "specialness" is revealed? They're still schlubs!) This 12-issue story goes for a twist ending, but that really doesn't make up the utter banality of its first 11 issues.

1936413644?profile=RESIZE_180x180EARTH 2: WORLD’S END #10

STK658633.jpg?width=250Written by DANIEL H. WILSON, MARGUERITE BENNETT and MIKE JOHNSON

Art by EDDY BARROWS, JORGE JIMENEZ, JAN DUURSEMA and TYLER KIRKHAM

Cover by PAULO SIQUEIRA

Darkseid rises!

1801324510?profile=RESIZE_180x180ENIGMA (NEW EDITION TPB)

1936425218?profile=RESIZE_320x320Written by PETER MILLIGAN

Art and cover by DUNCAN FEGREDO

208 pg, FC, $17.99 US • MATURE READERS

The seminal 8-issue Vertigo epic is back in a new edition of the postmodern tale of self-discovery and sexual identity told against the backdrop of improbable super heroes and villains. Michael Smith lives a meaningless life of routine and boredom. But when Enigma, his favorite childhood hero, inexplicably comes to life, Smith must discover the secret behind his improbable existence.

spoiler photo spoiler.gif

I remember reading this back in the day, and feeling pretty let down at the end. As far as I can tell, the point of the story is some random guy learning to accept that he is gay. That's it. That's all I got out of it. Which ain't much. I mean, good for Joe the gay guy here, but it's not really all that fascinating.

So If someone can clue me in to something deeper or symbolic or more interesting that I missed, feel free. This is one of those storieswhere I feel like I would benefit from a second read, but can't force myself to go through it a second time.

1936413644?profile=RESIZE_180x180FBP: FEDERAL BUREAU OF PHYSICS #16

1936451644?profile=RESIZE_320x320Written by SIMON OLIVER

Art by ALBERTO PONTICELLI

Cover by NATHAN FOX

32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • MATURE READERS

With the secrets of his father’s final work laid bare will Adam sign up to save the world? New series artist Alberto Ponticelli makes his debut in this issue that kicks off a new story arc in world where physics has gone mad!

1801324510?profile=RESIZE_180x180GREEN LANTERN CORPS #37

1936440153?profile=RESIZE_1024x10241936440204?profile=RESIZE_320x320Written by VAN JENSEN

Art and cover by BERNARD CHANG

32 pg, FC, $2.99 US RATED T

This issue will arrive in stores with two covers.

“Godhead,” act 3, part 2: John Stewart leads an army of Lanterns of every color in an assault on New Genesis! Getting to the New Gods’ home was nearly impossible -- and battling them will be worse! The universe is counting on the multi-colored Corps, but its true hopes may depend on a select few … without rings?

1801324510?profile=RESIZE_180x180HARLEY QUINN HOLIDAY SPECIAL #1

1801385467?profile=RESIZE_320x320Written by AMANDA CONNER and JIMMY PALMIOTTI

Art by DARWYN COOKE, JOHN TIMMS and others

Cover by AMANDA CONNER

New Year’s Eve Variant cover by AMANDA CONNER

48 pg, FC, $4.99 US • RATED T

This issue will ship with two covers.

We got you a present, comics fans -- a gut-busting (sometimes literally) collection of short stories featuring Harley and her special brand of holiday cheer! Can she get through Christmas dinner without blowing something up? Who will survive the war of the department-store Santas? Don’t miss this one -- after all, you can’t spell “holidays” without “Harley!” (Give or take a couple letters.)

This looks like fun!

1801324510?profile=RESIZE_180x180JUSTICE LEAGUE UNITED #7

1801330991?profile=RESIZE_1024x10241801333210?profile=RESIZE_320x320Written by JEFF LEMIRE

Art by NEIL EDWARDS and JAY LEISTEN

Cover by ANDREW ROBINSON

1:25 Variant cover by ROD REIS

32 pg, FC, $3.99 US • RATED T

Combo pack edition: $4.99 US

This issue will ship with four covers.

The Infinitus Saga continues as the JLU battles the Legion of Super-Heroes over the fate of the innocent alien who may grow up to destroy the 31st century!

This issue is also offered as a combo pack edition with a redemption code for a digital download of this issue.

1801324510?profile=RESIZE_180x180KLARION #3

1801349933?profile=RESIZE_320x320Written by ANN NOCENTI

Art by TREVOR McCARTHY

Cover by FELIPE SMITH

1:25 Variant cover by NATHAN FOX

This issue will ship with two covers.

Agents from S.H.A.D.E. are hot on Klarion’s trail, Zell’s powers are out of control, there’s a spy in the Moody Museum and buddybots are taking over the city! As if that weren’t bad enough, Klarion’s pagan magic finds its match in the tech wizardry of Coal and the Necrots. Will Klarion save his first new friends on Earth -- or will he slip out a dimensional back door?

1801324510?profile=RESIZE_180x180THE NEW 52: FUTURE'S END #32

STK658462.jpg?width=250Written by BRIAN AZZARELLO, JEFF LEMIRE, DAN JURGENS and KEITH GIFFEN

Art by SCOT EATON and DREW GERACI

Cover by RYAN SOOK

Mr. Terrific’s been promising for months that the uSphere will change the world – but what happens when his promises push Manhattan to max capacity on release day? And Stormwatch finds their way back from a trip through the Multiverse – but they may not be as welcome as they thought.

1801324510?profile=RESIZE_180x180NEW SUICIDE SQUAD #5

1801353027?profile=RESIZE_320x320Written by SEAN RYAN

Art and cover by JEREMY ROBERTS

32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T+

A super-powered arms race could mean the end of the world – so the Squad is sent into China to stop the creation of a militarized Justice League! Nothing can prepare them – or you – for horror they find!

Is that Man-Bat? Bet HE won't be in the movie!

1801324510?profile=RESIZE_180x180NIGHTWING VOL. 5: SETTING SON (TPB)

1936428766?profile=RESIZE_320x320Written by KYLE HIGGINS

Art by BRETT BOOTH, NORM RAPMUND and WILL CONRAD

Cover by EDDY BARROWS

200 pg, FC, $16.99 US

Nightwing has moved to Chicago, but the ghosts of Gotham City won’t let him be. The Mad Hatter forces Nightwing into an uneasy alliance with the mysterious Marionette – and the sins of Dick’s past will come back to haunt him unless he can make peace with his previous life. Collecting issues #25-30 of the hit series, plus ANNUAL #1!

That Chicago thing sure didn't last long, did it?

1936413644?profile=RESIZE_180x180RED HOOD AND THE OUTLAWS VOL. 5: THE BIG PICTURE (TPB)

1936429008?profile=RESIZE_320x320Written by JAMES TYNION IV and WILL PFEIFER

Art by JEREMY HAUN, STEPHEN SEGOVIA, RAFAEL SANDOVAL and others Cover by STEPHEN

160 pg, FC, $14.99 US

Featuring a BATMAN: ZERO YEAR tie-in, this action-packed volume finds the Outlaws in their toughest bind yet. Ra’s al Ghul is back, the Outlaws are being held captive, and Jason Todd has lost his memories. Collects issues #27-31, plus DC UNIVERSE PRESENTS #17-18.

1936413644?profile=RESIZE_180x180THE ROYALS: MASTERS OF WAR (TPB)

1936432140?profile=RESIZE_320x320Written by ROB WILLIAMS

Art and cover by SIMON COLEBY

144 pg, FC, $14.99 US • MATURE READERS

The year is 1940. As the Blitz destroys London and kills thousands, the Royal Family looks on. But in this world, the only people with special abilities are Royalty, and the purer the bloodline, the greater their abilities. When England’s Prince Henry can take no more and intervenes, breaking a truce between royal families, will it stop the planet’s suffering or take it to another level? Collecting the 6-issue miniseries.

1936413644?profile=RESIZE_180x180SCOOBY-DOO, WHERE ARE YOU? #52

1936454423?profile=RESIZE_320x320Written by SHOLLY FISCH

Art and cover by DAVE ALVAREZ

32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED E

At a local Renaissance Faire, people come from far and wide to pretend they’re in ancient times – and they flee far and wide when the ghosts of Renaissance-era knights appear to terrorize the faire! Can Scooby and the gang uncover the truth behind the ghosts? And can they survive their duels and jousts that it’ll take to unmask the regal wraiths?

1801324510?profile=RESIZE_180x180SUPERMAN FOR ALL SEASONS (DELUXE EDITION HC)

1936385800?profile=RESIZE_320x320Written by JEPH LOEB

Art and cover by TIM SALE

224 pg, FC, 7.0625” x 10.875”, $29.99 US

The classic coming-of-age tale is back in a new Deluxe Edition hardcover as a simple country boy turns into the world’s greatest hero. Told through four seasons in the Man of Steel’s life, this amazing tale from the team behind BATMAN: THE LONG HALLOWEEN brings Superman to life in a truly unique style.

1801271011?profile=RESIZE_180x180SUPERMAN UNCHAINED (DELUXE EDITION HC)

1936379211?profile=RESIZE_320x320Written by SCOTT SNYDER

Art by JIM LEE, SCOTT WILLIAMS and DUSTIN NGUYEN

Cover by JIM LEE and SCOTT WILLIAMS

304 pg, FC, 7.0625” x 10.875” $29.99 US

The entire nine-issue UNCHAINED series by the superstar team of writer Scott Snyder and artist Jim Lee is collected in this amazing hardcover! When satellites start to fall from the sky, the big question is who stopped the last one from falling. Lex Luthor, Lois Lane, Batman, Wonder Woman, eco-terrorists, the U.S. Army and, most of all, the mysterious being known as Wraith all figure in this epic story from two of comics’ hottest talents!

1801271011?profile=RESIZE_180x180WORLDS’ FINEST #29

1801362078?profile=RESIZE_320x320Written by PAUL LEVITZ

Art by JED DOUGHERTY

Cover by YILDIRAY CINAR

The secret history of Earth-2 continues! Superman tracks an Apokolips probe to Paradise, where he finds an older woman -- and she’s a wonder he never expected to meet! Meanwhile, Batman and Lois Lane collide on the trail of terrorists, but find a thief who’s way ahead of them …

1801324510?profile=RESIZE_180x180WORLDS’ FINEST VOL. 4: FIRST CONTACT (TPB)

1936436813?profile=RESIZE_320x320Written by PAUL LEVITZ and GREG PAK

Art by R.B. SILVA, SCOTT McDANIEL, JAE LEE and others

Cover by JAE LEE

192 pg, FC, $16.99 US

Power Girl and Huntress meet Superman and Batman for the first time in these tales from WORLDS’ FINEST #18-22 and BATMAN/SUPERMAN #8-9! How can the teams stop Kaizen Gamorra’s plot to depower Power Girl and unlock the secrets of the Superman of Earth 2?

• DYNAMITE ENTERTAINMENT

ALICE COOPER #4

AliceCooper05CovAMack.jpg?width=250AliceCooper04CovAMack.jpg?width=2501936520850?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: JOE HARRIS

Art: EMAN CASALLOS

Covers: DAVID MACK

32 PGS / Teen + / $3.99

David Mack, the celebrated creator of Kabuki and frequent Daredevil contributor, brings the Sinister Showman to comic book life with his atmospheric cover to ALICE COOPER #5! Now, this rare "Virgin Art" edition gives the dedicated Mack fan (and hardcore Alice Cooper fanatic) the opportunity to see his painting without any trade dressing to mar its macabre beauty! In this issue, Alice Cooper prepares his final vengeance against Clan Black. The first rocking, shocking story arc concludes ... and there will be casualties.

1936522943?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936523116?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936525001?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936525080?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936527407?profile=RESIZE_180x180

1936520850?profile=RESIZE_180x180EX-CON #4

ExCon04CovBradstreet.jpg?width=250Writer: DUANE SWIERCZYNSKI

Art: KEITH BURNS

Cover: TIM BRADSTREET

32 PGS / Mature / $2.99

When you're sitting next to a blonde ladykiller and you've got a dead body in the trunk and you're violating your parole big-time, there's only one way to go, hombre: south of the border. But you can't sit in a cheap Mexican resort slamming tequila and watching Chinese tourists square dance all night long. You've got to deliver that body to the one shady man who can hide it forever. Problem is, it looks like the garbage man is sizing you up for a grave of your own! If you thought Cody Pomeray tripped into his own personal hell in the first three issues of EX-CON, you're not going to believe where he ends up next ...1936520850?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936529396?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936529661?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936531315?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936533417?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936535131?profile=RESIZE_180x180

1936520850?profile=RESIZE_180x180FLASH GORDON #7

Flash07CovLaming.jpg?width=250TNFlash07CovAniversaryCastro.jpg?width=2501936520850?profile=RESIZE_180x180Flash07CovSubscriptHaeser.jpg?width=250Writer: JEFF PARKER

Art: EVAN SHANER

Covers: MARC LAMING

32 PGS / Teen + / $3.99

We can't tell you what happens in this issue. Sorry. We'll say that Jeff Parker (Aquaman! Batman '66!) wrote it, Evan Shaner (Adventures Of Superman!) drew it, Jordie Bellaire (Moon Knight!) colored it ...  and Flash Gordon is involved. But trust us ...  you don't want us to spoil what happens. (Note: It is 95 trillion pounds of awesome in a ten-pound space bag!)1936520850?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936537181?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936539086?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936541156?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936541364?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936543485?profile=RESIZE_180x180

1936520850?profile=RESIZE_180x180LADY DEMON #1

LadyDemon01CovAChin.jpg?width=250LadyDemon01CovBAndolfo.jpg?width=250LadyDemon01CovDStaggs.jpg?width=250LadyDemon01CovCSohn.jpg?width=250LadyDemon01CovEPoulatPoulat.jpg?width=250LadyDemon01CovFSubMayhew.jpg?width=2501936520850?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: AARON GILLESPIE

Art: MIRKA ANDOLFO

Cover A Main: JOYCE CHIN

Cover B Variant: MIRKA ANDOLFO

Cover C Variant: ALLISON SOHN

Cover D Variant: CAT STAGGS

Cover E Variant: CEDRIC POULAT "BOMBSHELL"

32 PGS / Teen + / $3.99

Dynamite Entertainment is proud to re-introduce comic book fans to Lady Demon, the vivacious and vicious hellraiser who served as a cornerstone of the Chaos! Comics horror universe. Marking her first appearance in 15 years, the fan-favorite character will star in her own self-titled comic series, written by Aaron Gillespie and illustrated by Mirka Andolfo. Lady Demon #1 is scheduled for a December release, and will feature a wealth of comic book cover options, including those by artists Joyce Chin, Mirka Andolfo, Allison Sohn, Cat Staggs, Cedric Poulat and Mike Mayhew.

The original Lady Demon won legions of fans with her spitfire attitude and sultry looks in the original line of Chaos! Comics titles during the 1990s. Now, as Dynamite Entertainment revives the brand with a bold new look and attitude (with such bestselling comic series as Chaos, Evil Ernie, Purgatori, Chastity and more), Lady Demon debuts her new incarnation in her very own title. The solicitation for Lady Demon #1 sets the stage: "On the run from Lucifer's hit squad, Lady Demon rides a newly arrived soul back to earth. Little does she know, the soul is attached to a woman in the middle of a dark conspiracy. That suits Lady Demon just fine ... because it means she gets to kill a whole lot of people."

"Lady Demon is the natural choice for the next Dynamite / Chaos! character," says Aaron Gillespie, whose Lady Demon series runs concurrently alongside his in-universe Purgatori series. "She brings the same delightfully nasty attitude and alluring visual aesthetic as the other Chaos mainstays, but she adds an action element that will be unique to her book. While the other Chaos books dealt with world-ending battles and intricate plots, the Lady Demon miniseries focuses on the woman Lady Demon possessed. I am using Lady Demon to tell a violent, sexy, and still very human story of revenge and redemption."

"Fans have been asking about Lady Demon since before our first Chaos! book even hit shelves," says Nick Barrucci, Publisher and CEO of Dynamite Entertainment. "We knew from the start that we had to bring her back in a special way, and now the time has finally arrived. We've been so pleased with the work that our many Chaos! contributors have done, Aaron Gillespie and Mirka Andolfo included. Aaron's been delivering month after month on Purgatori, and Mirka's artwork on the world-building (and world-destroying) Chaos miniseries was spectacular. We can't wait for fans to see what these two have planned for Lady Demon."

1936545336?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936545368?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936545537?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936547727?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936547822?profile=RESIZE_180x180

1936520850?profile=RESIZE_180x180PATRICIA BRIGGS’ MERCY THOMPSON: HOPCROSS JILLY #3

Mercy03CovAGarcia.jpg?width=250Writer: PATRICIA BRIGGS, RIK HOSKIN

Art: TOM GARCIA

Cover A Main: TOM GARCIA

32 PGS / Teen + / $3.99

Continuing the all-new Mercy Thompson comic book adventure by New York Times' bestselling author Patricia Briggs, set in official continuity! While Mercy establishes a fae connection to the unearthed child's bodies, her step-daughter Jesse continues to suffer at the hands of the local school bullies. Then, new student Jill starts taking an unhealthy interest in the bullies -- but why?1936520850?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936549867?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936551844?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936552012?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936552030?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936554075?profile=RESIZE_180x180

1936520850?profile=RESIZE_180x180JOHN CARTER: WARLORD OF MARS #2

JCWoM02CovABenes.jpg?width=250JCWoM02CovBSears.jpg?width=250JCWoM02CovCLupacchino.jpg?width=250JCWoM02CovDSubMalsuni.jpg?width=2501936555887?profile=RESIZE_1024x1024JCWoM02Covs8.jpg?width=250JCWoM02Covs9.jpg?width=2501936520850?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: RON MARZ

Art: ABHISHEK MALSUNI

Cover A Main: ED BENES

Cover B Variant: BART SEARS

Cover C Variant: EMANUELA LUPACCHINO

32 PGS / Mature / $3.99

Alien invaders are on the verge of conquering all Barsoom. Only one man stands between them and the planet's annihilation: John Carter, Warlord of Mars. But John is marooned deep in the Martian wastes, confronted by a savage white ape. Even if he survives, how will he return to the side of his beloved Dejah Thoris in time to save his adopted world? Ron Marz finally tackles the series he's always wanted to write, teaming with rising artistic star Abhishek Malsuni for the best Barsoom ever!

This product is not authorized by Edgar Rice Burroughs, Inc.

1936556046?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936556091?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936556147?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936556194?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936558221?profile=RESIZE_180x180

1936520850?profile=RESIZE_180x180SOLAR: MAN OF THE ATOM #8

Solar08CovADoe.jpg?width=250Solar08CovBSubLau.jpg?width=2501936520850?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: FRANK J. BARBIERE

Art: JONATHAN LAU

Cover A Main: JUAN DOE

32 pgs / Teen + / $3.99

The female Solar has done her best to atone for her dad's interstellar sins... but she can't stop the evil that's coming to Earth. It's an absolute disaster of a homecoming from Frank J. Barbiere (Five Ghosts) and Jonathan Lau (Codename: Action)!

1936560138?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936561846?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936564011?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936565635?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936567758?profile=RESIZE_180x180

• IDW PUBLICATIONS

7TH SWORD #6

1936532096?profile=RESIZE_320x320Writer: JOHN RAFFO

Art: NUR IMAN

Cover: ANDREW ROBINSON

FC • 32 pages • $3.99

When the 7th Sword finds its way back to Cray, it seems as though a choice has been made for him. But Cray knows that ultimately, as a Kenji, there was only ever one choice -- even in the face of hopeless odds.1936530136?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936534174?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936536019?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936538207?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936540334?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936540511?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936542625?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936544633?profile=RESIZE_180x180

1936530136?profile=RESIZE_180x180ANGRY BIRDS HOLIDAY SPECIAL

1801327020?profile=RESIZE_320x3201936546714?profile=RESIZE_320x3201936530136?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: KARI KORHONEN

Art/Cover: CORRADO MASTANTUONO

FC • 48 pages • $5.99

When Terence, the largest of the Angry Birds, is put in charge of the North Pole all his dreams come true. But, being in charge of delivering packages to every good little girl and boy in the world turns out to be a more difficult job than he could have imagined and his dreams quickly turn to nightmares! Will the rest of the Angry Birds be able to come in time to save the day? And where is Santa Claus anyway? Find out in this over-sized holiday special!

• Number one best-selling iOS app of all time!

• Angry Birds Toons has reached over 1 Billion views in less than 2 years!

1936546916?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936547105?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936549016?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936551248?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936553434?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936555569?profile=RESIZE_180x180

1936530136?profile=RESIZE_180x180

ANGRY BIRDS/TRANSFORMERS #2 (OF 4)

1936557269?profile=RESIZE_320x3201801328008?profile=RESIZE_320x3201801330574?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: JOHN BARBER

Art/Cover: MARCELO FERREIRA

FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Subscription Variant: CASEY W. COLLER

With the fate of Piggy Island hanging in the balance, will this be the Age of EGGStinction!? Continuing the craziest crossover this side of CYBERTRON!

Written by John Barber! (TRANSFORMERS, TRANSFORMERS vs G.I. JOE)1936559100?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936559324?profile=RESIZE_180x180

1936561612?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936563749?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936566762?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936568882?profile=RESIZE_180x180

1801330574?profile=RESIZE_180x180DEAD SQUAD #3

STK656767.jpg?width=250Writers: MATTHEW FEDERMAN & STEPHEN SCAIA

Art: MICHAEL MONTENAT

Cover: MATT TIMSON

FC • 32 pages • $3.99

The Dead Squad has thirteen hours to live and only one hope: Vargas -- a sultry ex-operative nursing both professional and personal grudges against Blake.1936526066?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936571688?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936574205?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936577022?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936579146?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936581544?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936583607?profile=RESIZE_180x180

1936526066?profile=RESIZE_180x180DEXTER'S LABORATORY CLASSICS VOL 2

1801345321?profile=RESIZE_320x320Writers: CHUCK KIM, DAVE ROMAN, JOHN ROZUM, BRIAN SWENLIN

Art: GENNDY TARTAKOVSKY, BILL ALGER, BILL WRAY, MIKE STERN, JOHN DELANEY, MIKE MANLEY, CHRIS SAVINO

Cover: ETHEN BEAVERS

TPB • FC • $19.99 • 140 pages

Dexter's Laboratory Classics contains the never-before-collected issues of the ongoing series originally published by DC Comics and includes stories drawn by creator Genndy Tartakovsky.

Collects issues #5-10.1936526066?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936585871?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936588077?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936589901?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936592094?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936592234?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936592316?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936594320?profile=RESIZE_180x180

1936526066?profile=RESIZE_180x180DITKO'S SHORTS (HC)

1936442768?profile=RESIZE_320x320Writers: Various

Art/Cover: STEVE DITKO

HC • FC • $24.99 • 112 pages • 8.5” x 11”

IDW Publishing and Yoe Books continue their incisive look at Steve Ditko’s work with Ditko’s Shorts coming this November.

Craig Yoe exclaims, “To put it short: Steve Ditko is ‘Ditko hands’ down the greatest living artist from main stream comics! His mastery is especially apparent in these amazing short stories where he’s in, he’s out and your mind has just been totally altered!”

Ditko may best known as the artist and co-creator of larger-than-life characters like Spider-Man and Doctor Strange but did you know that he could also work on a smaller (or short) scale and achieve very big results? Ditko’s Shorts is a fun and incredibly fascinating compilation of short comics one, two, and three pages in length, showcasing that only a brilliant master like Ditko could tell such dramatic and compelling tale in such compact form.

Taken from rare comic books from a who’s who of publishers, all the short comics collected for this volume have been meticulously restored and printed in a beautiful, large-format book. The genres show Ditko’s great range as he easily navigates horror, fantasy, science fiction, western, and even humorous stories. This is a snapshot of his career that is not to be missed!

Also not to be missed are the insightful introductions by punk rocker and comics historian Fester Faceplant and Eisner Award-winner Craig Yoe.

“More than just a hat-trick of Spider Man, Dr. Strange, and Mr. A, this collection is a perfect showcase of Ditko’s mastery of any genre he put his stamp on,” said Fester Faceplant.

I've ordered mine!

1936596678?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936599967?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936602518?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936607465?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936609817?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936612406?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936617477?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936622008?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936624395?profile=RESIZE_180x180

1936530136?profile=RESIZE_180x180DUNGEONS & DRAGONS: LEGENDS OF BALDUR’S GATE #3

1801380151?profile=RESIZE_320x3201801382769?profile=RESIZE_320x3201936530136?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: JIM ZUB

Art: MAX DUNBAR

Cover: SARAH STONE

Subscription Variant: MAX DUNBAR

FC • 32 pages • $3.99

A knockdown brawl at a noble party, a frantic chase along the rooftops, kidnapping, extortion, and monsters aplenty ... yup, just another day in Baldur's Gate.

• One of the world’s biggest fantasy brands is on roll once again as writer Jim Zub (Samurai Jack, Wayward) and artist Max Dunbar (Red Sonja) bring new readers and gaming fans alike on a soaring sword & sorcery adventure!

• Wizards of the Coast Tyranny of Dragons Variant Cover!

1936626735?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936628868?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936631193?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936631266?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936633690?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936633870?profile=RESIZE_180x180

1936530136?profile=RESIZE_180x180

• 1936530136?profile=RESIZE_180x180G.I. JOE: AMERICA'S ELITE, DISAVOWED VOL. 5 (TPB)

1801360518?profile=RESIZE_320x320Writer: MARK POWERS

Art: MIKE BEAR, MIKE SHOYKET

Cover: S L GALLANT (C)

TPB • FC • $19.99 • 156 pages

The struggle between G.I. JOE and COBRA has been waged for years and through diligent service and sacrifice, the G.I. JOE team has managed to keep COBRA from achieving its goal, until now. World War Three begins.

Collects issues #25–30 of G.I. JOE: America's Elite.

1936530136?profile=RESIZE_180x180HAUNTED HORROR #14

1801413585?profile=RESIZE_320x320Writers: Various

Art: DOUG WILDLEY, TONY MORTELLARO, LEE AMES & More

Cover: SHELLY MOLDOFF

FC • 32 pages • $3.99

A very special issue of spook-tacular tales handpicked by heinous horror host, Mr. Karswell, infamous for his spine-tingling web collection of pre-code horror, thehorrorsofitall.blogspot.com. Zombies, ghosts, man-eaters, and more gore than your mangled little mops can ever hope to handle await! You’ll lose you head over the Shelly Moldoff cover! You’ll scream with delight over the banned comics, “Death’s Revenge”, “Horror of the Cannibal’s Dinner”, “The Murderous Mimics”, “Headless Horror”, “I Walked at Midnight”, “The Devil from the Deep” and too much more!

“The best in classic horror comics!” --  Bloody Disgusting1936526066?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936530297?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936532111?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936534261?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936536227?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936538199?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936538294?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936540680?profile=RESIZE_180x180

1936526066?profile=RESIZE_180x180HOWARD NOSTRAND'S NIGHTMARES (HC)

1936444967?profile=RESIZE_320x320Writers: Various

Art/Cover: HOWARD NOSTRAND

HC • FC • $24.99 • 148 pages • 8.5” x 11”

Howard Nostrand's brilliant horror-comics art was done during the height of the criticism against comics that resulted in government investigations and the Comics Code. Nostrand's style was an incredibly skilled, perfect mash-up of the EC artists Wally Wood and Jack Davis. Nostrand could be as innovative as Will Eisner, another influence on the artist. Five stories will be painstakingly reproduced from the rare original art! WARNING: Not for the squeamish -- as you can see from the cover Nostrand's gore could be over the top -- we can't show you the insides here to protect the Diamond Previews family-friendly content.

Another addition to the Chilling Archives of Horror!

I never knew anything about Howard Nostrand until (relatively) recently. I'm sure I had seen Nostrand stories before, but if I did, I just assumed it was someone else -- like Jack Davis. Because the way I became aware of Nostrand is that I was reading a Jack Davis story in some '50s horror-book reprint, but when I checked the credits, it was Howard Nostrand. And thus I learned that Nostrand did a mean Jack Davis impersonation. He also lifted from others, like Graham Ingles and Wally Wood, which kinda fascinates me. I hope to learn quite a bit from this book!1936526066?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936542731?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936544595?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936546965?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936549041?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936549284?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936551563?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936553790?profile=RESIZE_180x180

1936530136?profile=RESIZE_180x180JOHN BUSCEMA'S SILVER SURFER ARTIST'S EDITION (HC)

1801333414?profile=RESIZE_320x320Writer: STAN LEE

Art/Cover: JOHN BUSCEMA

HC • BW • $75.00 net discount item • 144 Pages • 12” x 17”

Considered by many to be one of the pinnacles of Silver Age comic book artwork, John Buscema’s innovative work on Marvel’s Silver Surfer will finally be presented in the premiere Artist’s Edition format. Collecting two over-sized complete issues from the acclaimed original run written by Stan Lee, along with a treasure-trove of bonus material, this instant classic will add to IDW’s already expansive line of Marvel Comics collections in the Eisner Award-winning Artist’s Edition format.

Scanned at the highest possible quality, John Buscema’s Silver Surfer: Artist’s Edition collects issue #5, #6 and #8 of Silver Surfer, both double-sized in length. This Artist’s Edition will also collect yet-to-be revealed additional stories from the vast archive of Buscema’s work along with bonus Silver Surfer material.

“Lee and Buscema’s Silver Surfer is one of Marvel’s greatest milestones and it is simply stunning in its rarely seen original format,” said IDW’s President, Greg Goldstein.

An essential component of The House of Ideas, Buscema’s talented hand graced the pages of the most iconic characters for over four decades working on Avengers, Thor, Fantastic Four and Amazing Spider-Man just to name a few. Launched by Lee and Buscema in 1968, the Silver Surfer’s first solo series ran for 18 issues, captivating readers and setting the bar incomparably high.

IDW is honored to publish this esteemed collection with the help of Marvel Comics and the Buscema family.

KILL SHAKESPEARE VOL 4: THE MASK OF NIGHT

1936423317?profile=RESIZE_320x320Writers: ANTHONY DEL COL, CONOR MCCREERY

Art/Cover: ANDY BELANGER

TPB • FC • $19.99 • 120 pages

The latest addition to the award-winning series returns with a high seas tale of pirate battles, vengeance, and lost love. Hamlet, Juliet, Othello, and Shakespeare become pawns in a deadly game of survival between the legendary masked pirate Captain Cessario, his first mate Viola, and the new terror on the water, Titus Andronicus’ forbidding war ship The Lavinia.

• Collecting the 4-issue mini-series!

• Ties directly into the Kill Shakespeare tabletop board game from IDW Games!1936530136?profile=RESIZE_180x180

LI'L ABNER VOL 7 (HC)

1936438814?profile=RESIZE_320x320Writer/Art/Cover: AL CAPP

HC • PC • $49.99 • 272 pages • 9.25” x 12”

Shmoo’s Who?! What has been called “the greatest run of Li’l Abner ever” begins with Abner and Daisy Mae on a quest to locate the elusive Stanley Steamer. Meanwhile, Kickapoo Joy Juice prevents atomic disaster, while Fearless Fosdick tackles Anyface and the Chippendale Chair. “Evil Eye” Fleegle and Stupefyin’ Jones make their inaugural appearances (not together, thank goodness), and Tenderleif Ericson creates a memorable Sadie Hawkins Day, by Yiminy! But when Abner makes a trip to the Valley of the Shmoon, he finds mankind’s greatest benefactor -- and mankind’s gravest threat!

1801304404?profile=RESIZE_180x180LITTLE NEMO: RETURN TO SLUMBERLAND #3

1801394080?profile=RESIZE_320x3201801394267?profile=RESIZE_320x3201936526066?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer/Subscription Variant: ERIC SHANOWER

Art/Cover: GABRIEL RODRIGUEZ

FC • 32 pages • $3.99

After the startling events of the previous issue, Nemo is quite surprised to find himself in Slumberland once again, but not altogether unhappy. While the princess, Bon-bon and Candy Kid sleep, Flip takes Nemo on a garden tour until they encounter the wondrous Tessellated Tower -- the most remarkable thing Nemo has ever seen. Meanwhile, the princess awakens to discover that Nemo has run off … and with the horrid Flip, of all people!

1936555724?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936557808?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936559938?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936561817?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936564117?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936564364?profile=RESIZE_180x180

1936530136?profile=RESIZE_180x180THE MAXX: MAXXIMIZED #14

1801410110?profile=RESIZE_320x3201801410325?profile=RESIZE_320x3201936559826?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writers: SAM KIETH, WILLIAM MESSNER-LOEBS

Art/Cover: SAM KIETH

Subscription Variant: SAM KIETH

FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Maxx finds himself plunged into a maze of quilts, lawn chairs and toy animals, leading to a large horse version of Maxx, (Not to be confused with Maxx's rabbit version). Maxx is pulled along into Sara's childhood, when a mysterious stranger discovers Sara and Maxx in bed together… Meanwhile, Jasper gets his hand released from the Outback, but in a less than pleasant way.

1936566440?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936568636?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936570831?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936573340?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936573751?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936575957?profile=RESIZE_180x180

1936530136?profile=RESIZE_180x180MY LITTLE PONY: ADVENTURES IN FRIENDSHIP, VOL. 1 (HC)

1801331709?profile=RESIZE_320x320Writers: RYAN K. LINDSAY, BARBARA RANDALL KESEL, TOM ZAHLER

Art: TONY FLEECS, AGNES GARBOWSKA

Cover: SARA RICHARD

HC • FC • $9.99 • 76 pages • 6” x 9”

The magic of friendship contines in this collection of adventures! Featuring one-shots on Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy, plus a team-up issue with Rainbow Dash and Trixie! Drawing from PONY TALES and FRIENDS FOREVER, these stories have never been collected together until now!

Hardcover collection for only $9.99!

1936559826?profile=RESIZE_180x180MY LITTLE PONY: FRIENDS FOREVER #12

1801336015?profile=RESIZE_320x3201801336183?profile=RESIZE_320x3201936527724?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: BARBARA RANDALL KESEL

Art: BRENDA HICKEY

Cover: AMY MEBBERSON

Variant: BRENDA HICKEY

FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Pinkie Pie meets her match … in the form of delicious, irresistible snacks called PheNOMNOMenons! With Pinkie helpless to resist the tasty treats, she enlists help from her friend Twilight! Will Twilight be able to help her friend or will she succumb to her sweet tooth as well?

1936578864?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936578892?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936579179?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936581306?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936583143?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936585464?profile=RESIZE_180x180

1936527724?profile=RESIZE_180x180

• THE OCTOBER FACTION #3

1801391562?profile=RESIZE_320x3201801393888?profile=RESIZE_320x3201936530175?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: STEVE NILES

Art/Cover: DAMIEN WORM

Subscription Variant: DAMIEN WORM

FC • 32 pages • $3.99

In the wake of Deloris Allan's attack, the family is on high alert. It's become clear that someone is stalking Fredrick and possibly out to kill the whole family. Meanwhile, the kids think they have come up with the perfect plan to get dad back into the monster-hunting biz.

1936531792?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936532166?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936534112?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936534317?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936536236?profile=RESIZE_180x180

1936530175?profile=RESIZE_180x180POPEYE CLASSICS #29

1801416307?profile=RESIZE_320x320Writer/Art/Cover: BUD SAGENDORF

FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Hey, ya swab! You’ll think Popeye meets Haunted Horror in the lead off  “ghosk” story, “Thimble Theater Presents Popeye and the Gang in Spookers!” The second comic features everybody’s favorite “boy kid” in a rousing tale, “Popeye and Swee’pea in Kid Raising!!”

• Variant Cover by Daniel Bueno!

• “Bud Sagendorf’s Popeye was brilliant. The Stories were as compelling and entertaining as anything on the stands at the time -- we’re talking about a period that encompassed Carl Bark’s Uncle Scrooge, John Stanley’s Little Lulu, and Shelly Mater’s Sugar and Spike.” -- Mike Gold, Comic Mix1936530175?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936539126?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936541445?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936544139?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936546275?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936548452?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936550790?profile=RESIZE_180x180

1936526066?profile=RESIZE_180x180ROGUE TROOPER CLASSICS #8 (of 8)

1801408474?profile=RESIZE_320x320Writer: GERRY FINLEY-DAY

Art: COLIN WILSON, CAM KENNEDY, BRETT EWINS

Cover: JOHN MCCREA

Subscription Variant: CAM KENNEDY

FC • 32 pages • $3.99

The adventures of the only surviving Genetic Infantryman continue! In this issue, the epic “All Hell on the Dix-I Front” reaches its conclusion, and then Rogue goes on an “Assassination Run” in this final issue!

Bullet points:

• The classic “All Hell on the Dix-I Front” epic concludes here!

• Final issue!1936526066?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936552741?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936552941?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936555015?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936555230?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936557589?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936557686?profile=RESIZE_180x180

1936526066?profile=RESIZE_180x180SAMURAI JACK #15

1801345184?profile=RESIZE_320x320Writer: JIM ZUB

Art/Cover: ANDY SURIANO

Subscription Variant: GENNDY TARTAKOVSKY

FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Jack faces Aku in one-on-one combat and both are determined to make it their final battle. Past and present collide in this epic conclusion to the "Quest of the Broken Blade" storyline. Don't miss it!

Could this be the FINAL BATTLE between Jack and Aku?!1936559826?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936559957?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936561672?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936561905?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936563983?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936565932?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936566244?profile=RESIZE_180x180

1936559826?profile=RESIZE_180x180SKYLANDERS #3

1801344932?profile=RESIZE_320x3201801345086?profile=RESIZE_320x3201936559826?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writers: RON MARZ, DAVID A. RODRIGUEZ

Art: FICO OSSIO & VARIOUS

Cover: OSSIO

Subscription Variant: MIKE BOWDEN

FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Now an ongoing series! Skylanders Academy welcomes its entire class of new recruits! But, all the recruits might not be what they seem and it will take the help of Flynn, Tessa and even some of the new recruits themselves to try and expose the secret that could mean ultimate doom!

• Skylanders is the #1 video game and #1 best-selling action figure for the past two years running!

• Contains four pages of material not available in the hardcover collection!

1936568262?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936570373?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936572691?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936574941?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936575780?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936577912?profile=RESIZE_180x180

1936530175?profile=RESIZE_180x180

TRANSFORMERS VS G.I. JOE #5

1801363083?profile=RESIZE_320x3201801365805?profile=RESIZE_320x3201801330574?profile=RESIZE_180x1801801368315?profile=RESIZE_320x320Writers: TOM SCIOLI & JOHN BARBER

Art/Cover: SCIOLI

Subscription Variant: NICK PITARRA

Variant Cover by DEREK CHARM

FC • 32 pages • $3.99

IT GETS CRAZIER! The biggest space battle ever grows to universal proportions! Will the G.I. JOE team and the AUTOBOTS make peace -- before COBRA and the DECEPTICONS end the war … the bad way?!

• TWO WORLDS ON A COLLISON COURSE WITH DESTINY

• BIG? BIGGER. BIGGEST!!!1936530136?profile=RESIZE_180x180

WORLD WAR ROBOT (HC)

1801409105?profile=RESIZE_320x320Ashley Wood, TP Louise (w) • Ashley Wood (a & c)

HC • FC • $29.99 • 176 pages • 8.5” x 8.5”

It's total robot war! In development to be a major motion picture, Ashley Wood's World War Robot tells the tale of a dwindling band of humans and robots who face off in a battle that will likely end humanity as we know it–on Earth, on the Moon, and on Mars!

All-new re-designed format! Featuring 70 pages of all-new, never-before-seen art from Ashley Wood!

• IMAGE COMICS

BITCH PLANET #1

bitchplanet_01a.jpg?width=250abe81515-3253-4395-90e9-acb2b1ab1fef.jpg?width=2501936527074?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936527165?profile=RESIZE_320x320Story: KELLY SUE DeCONNICK

Art / Cover: VALENTINE DE LANDRO

Variant: JAMIE MCKELVIE & MATTHEW WILSON

32 PAGES / FC / M / $3.50

2014 Best Writer Eisner Award nominee KELLY SUE DeCONNICK (PRETTY DEADLY, Captain Marvel) and VALENTINE DE LANDRO (X-Factor) team up for the very third time to bring you the premiere issue of BITCH PLANET, their highly-anticipated women-in-prison sci-fi exploitation riff. Think Margaret Atwood meets Inglourious Basterds.

In 2014, Kelly Sue DeConnick (PRETTY DEADLY, Captain Marvel, Avengers Assemble) and artist Valentine De Landro (X-Factor) are bringing the Women in Prison trope to outer space in BITCH PLANET. Sure to be a campy, kick-ass adventure, BITCH PLANET is the story of five leading ladies ready to bust out of their prison cells.

DeConnick admitted the tricky dilemma she set up for herself in wanting to work with the Women in Prison trope but still honor feminism. “I have a profound and abiding love for exploitation films, but as a feminist, I also find many (if not most) of them deeply problematic -- for reasons that are both obvious and that I can’t expound on without sounding like an academic paper,” said DeConnick. “These are two WILDLY mixed feelings. And I love mixed feelings. It happens that mixed feelings are the perfect soil composition for fiction.”

“Kelly Sue pretty much sold me on this with the title. It’s called Bitch Planet -- how can you not love that?” said Eric Stephenson, Publisher at Image Comics. “But seriously, it’s a true pleasure to have Kelly Sue working on a second title at Image, and even better that she’s doing it with Valentine De Landro. Mark my words, this is your new favorite comic.”

A science-fiction take on the Women in Prison exploitation feature, BITCH PLANET follows five prisoners on an all-female penal planet, ready to make their escape by way of a gladiatorial exhibition against a team of visiting male prisoners. DeConnick summed BITCH PLANET up with, “there are five women, all ridiculous and real, and all very different. One shouldn’t be there. The other four are unrepentant and guilty as Hell.”

BITCH PLANET is a new, ongoing science-fiction action series coming to Image Comics in 2014.

1936530109?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936531847?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936534015?profile=RESIZE_180x180

1936303707?profile=RESIZE_180x180COPPERHEAD #4

copperhead_04.jpg?width=250Story: JAY FAERBER

Art / Cover: SCOTT GODLEWSKI & RON RILEY

32 PAGES / FC / T / $3.50

Sheriff Clara Bronson sets a trap while Deputy Boo chases down lead -- both figuratively and literally.1936532008?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936535814?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936537810?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936539570?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936541741?profile=RESIZE_180x180

1936532008?profile=RESIZE_180x180DRIFTER #1 (2ND PTG)

47d1a4a3-2120-4802-bf5e-aa83a5016ab9.jpg?width=250Writer Ivan Brandon (Wolverine, Men of War) and artist Nic Klein (Captain America, Thor) are on fire with their dark and moody new series DRIFTER which puts a fresh and layered spin on sci-fi. Best described as an ominous marriage of Unforgiven and Dune, DRIFTER #1 is slated for a second printing in order to meet customer demand.

"I can't even express how blown away we are by the reaction to our crazy book,” said Brandon. “I've been walking around in a daze like a lovesick 10-year-old. We feel so grateful and lucky to have found such an amazing readership."

In DRIFTER, mankind has spread across the universe in a frantic rush to survive and has colonized and strip-mined countless planets in the process. Abram Pollux barely survives a crash landing on Ouro, a lawless backwater world where life is cheap. This world’s unique properties set the stage for a story that combines the dark wonder of a strange and alien landscape with the struggles of an abandoned and lawless frontier town.

DRIFTER #1 is also currently available digitally on the Image Comics website (imagecomics.com) and the official Image Comics iOS app, as well as on Comixology on the web (comixology.com), iOS, Android, and Google Play.

The second printing of DRIFTER #1 (Diamond Code OCT148057) will release on 12/10.

1936532008?profile=RESIZE_180x180EAST OF WEST: THE WORLD (ONE-SHOT)

1936543875?profile=RESIZE_320x320Story: JONATHAN HICKMAN

Art / Cover: NICK DRAGOTTA

40 PAGES / FC / T+ / $3.99

“THE WORLD”

A STAND ALONE, all-encompassing look at the wider world of EAST OF WEST. Part atlas, part encyclopedia, part timeline, and part apocrypha, EAST OF WEST: THE WORLD is the must-have one-shot companion to the spellbinding series.

NOTE: EAST OF WEST: THE WORLD will contain pivotal plot and character info that will not be in the regular series ... so don't miss out!

The Apocalypse is illuminated in EAST OF WEST: THE WORLD.1936532008?profile=RESIZE_180x180

1936543892?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936545692?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936547887?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936548012?profile=RESIZE_180x180

1936532008?profile=RESIZE_180x180THE FUSE #8

fuse_08.jpg?width=250Story: ANTONY JOHNSTON

Art / Cover: JUSTIN GREENWOOD

"GRIDLOCK," Part Two

Turns out the gridlocker's death was no accident, and Klem for one is shocked, SHOCKED, I tell you, to discover this is a murder case. But it won't stop her going over The Wall, or even down into Smacktown, to find the killer!1936532008?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936548000?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936550493?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936552240?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936554513?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936556322?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936558232?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936558291?profile=RESIZE_180x180

1936532008?profile=RESIZE_180x180GHOSTED, VOL. 3 (TPB)

ghosted_tp_03.jpg?width=250Story: JOSHUA WILLIAMSON

Art: DAVIDE GIANFELICE, GORAN SUDZUKA, & MIROSLAV MRVA

Cover: MATTEO SCALERA

120 PAGES / FC / M / $12.99

A magician that grants death wishes. A biker gang that sacrifices virgins. A supernatural black market. It’s time for Jackson to stop running from his past and face it head on.

Collects GHOSTED #11-15

1936532008?profile=RESIZE_180x180HOWTOONS: (RE)IGNITION #5

howtoons_05.jpg?width=250Story: FRED VAN LENTE

Art / Cover: TOM FOWLER & JORDIE BELLAIRE

32 PAGES / FC / E / $2.99

The battle for the future begins now! As Tuck and Celine rally the disparate factions of the energy apocalypse against Dino-E's onslaught, they learn how the present can be saved from itself! And so can YOU!1936532008?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936560256?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936562086?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936562267?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936564220?profile=RESIZE_320x3201936566752?profile=RESIZE_180x180

1936532008?profile=RESIZE_180x180IMAGE FIRSTS: LOW #1

STK658822.jpg?width=250Mature/$1.00

Our IMAGE FIRSTS editions reprint the first issues of some of our most popular series for only $1. Perfectly priced for new readers interested in trying out a new series or sampling the first chapters of some of our trade paperbacks at little to no risk, IMAGE FIRSTS are available year-round to order upon retailer request, and this month we're adding eight new titles to our growing list of dollar comics that are always in stock!

1936532008?profile=RESIZE_180x180IMAGE FIRSTS: SHUTTER #1

STK658823.jpg?width=250Mature/$1.00

Our IMAGE FIRSTS editions reprint the first issues of some of our most popular series for only $1. Perfectly priced for new readers interested in trying out a new series or sampling the first chapters of some of our trade paperbacks at little to no risk, IMAGE FIRSTS are available year-round to order upon retailer request, and this month we're adding eight new titles to our growing list of dollar comics that are always in stock!

1936532008?profile=RESIZE_180x180MAGDALENA: SEVENTH SACRAMENT (ONE-SHOT)

magdalena_01.jpg?width=250Story: TINI HOWARD

Art: AILEEN ORACION

Cover: –ROM–

32 PAGES / FC / T+ / $3.99

Talent Hunt winning writer TINI HOWARD and artist AILEEN ORACION challenge the legend of the Spear of Destiny as sins of omission come to light in this one shot special! Detective Sara Pezzini reveals a lost manuscript that speaks of a bright young martyr and the dark acts she eclipses in this tale of an all-new Magdalena.1936532008?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936566796?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936569133?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936571217?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936573445?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936575726?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936576075?profile=RESIZE_180x180

1936532008?profile=RESIZE_180x180PETER PANZERFAUST #22

PeterPanzerfaust_22.jpg?width=250Story: KURTIS J. WIEBE

Art / Cover: TYLER JENKINS

32 PAGES / FC / T / $3.50

“ON TILL MORNING,” Part Two

The screws tighten as the iron grip of the Third Reich crushes rebellion all over France. With their contacts drying up, Peter and the Lost Boys find themselves alone against the forces of Hook and are driven to desperate action.1936532008?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936578046?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936578613?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936578641?profile=RESIZE_180x180

1936506520?profile=RESIZE_180x180PUNKS: THE COMIC #3

punks_03.jpg?width=250Story: JOSHUA HALE FIALKOV

Art / Cover: KODY CHAMBERLAIN

32 PAGES / FC / T+ / $3.99

The true story of four strangers, picked to live in a house, work together, and have their lives taped to find out what happens when people stop being polite, and start punching each other in the junk.

From Eisner and Harvey nominees JOSHUA HALE FIALKOV (The Bunker, I, Vampire) and KODY CHAMBERLAIN (Sweets, The Ride).1936532008?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936580886?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936581132?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936583082?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936585183?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936585310?profile=RESIZE_180x180

1936532008?profile=RESIZE_180x180

• SAVAGE DRAGON #200

1936531960?profile=RESIZE_320x320Story: ERIK LARSEN & GARY CARLSON

Art: ERIK LARSEN, HERB TRIMPE, CHRIS BURNHAM, NIKOS KOUTSIS, FRANK FOSCO, & TRAVIS SENGAUS

Cover A: ERIK LARSEN

Cover B: JACK KIRBY & ERIK LARSEN

Cover C: BLANK SKETCH COVER

100 PAGES / FC / T+ / $8.99

Savage Dragon is out of prison and the Vicious Circle is gunning for him. Malcolm Dragon and his stepsister Angel join forces to keep their father alive against an all-out assault in this movie-length epic. Back up stories include an Angel and Mr. Glum story drawn by Batman alum CHRIS BURNHAM, Malcolm and Savage Dragon in WWII by legendary Incredible Hulk artist HERB TRIMPE, Special Agents Strikeforce by NIKOS KOUTSIS, Vanguard by GARY CARLSON and FRANK FOSCO and Malcolm Dragon by TRAVIS SENGAUS.

Congratulations, Savage Dragon!1936532008?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936532204?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936532234?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936534144?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936536165?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936536357?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936538608?profile=RESIZE_180x180

1936532008?profile=RESIZE_180x180SAVAGE DRAGON: A NEW BEGINNING! (TPB)

savagedragon_tp.jpg?width=250Story / Art / Cover: ERIK LARSEN

128 PAGES / FC / T+ / $16.99

A NEW BEGINNING!

It's the ultimate jumping on point for new readers and a bold new beginning as Malcolm Dragon takes over the title role from his famous father, fighting the forces of evil in the Windy City! New dangers! New adventures! New villains! Tantrum! Torment! Red Rage! Samurai! Dart! Assassin! Brawn! Insect! Rogue Warrior! Roughneck! Victorious! War-Cry! The Demonoids! The Ant Menaces! Trolls! Demons! Malcolm's tragic transformation! It's all here and more! A whole new SAVAGE DRAGON!

Collects SAVAGE DRAGON #193-198

1936532008?profile=RESIZE_180x180SEX CRIMINALS #9

STK652980.jpg?width=250Story: MATT FRACTION

Art / Cover: CHONG ZRPY

Suze and Jon meet Ana. Or rather, meet Ana AGAIN. Or should we say, meet ... Ms. Jazmine St. Cocaine AGAIN. Did we just put those words in that order in PREVIEWS? Yes. Yes we did. By MATT FRACTION (SEX CRIMINALS) and CHONNY ZDARKO (SEX CRIMINALS).

1936532008?profile=RESIZE_180x180SHUTTER #7

4e40da6b-caae-4e34-b303-50743cfebd52.jpg?width=248a90c2b6a-e252-4fd2-a14f-9b4a89e117a1.jpg?width=25020000acc-9d33-40da-a8a6-beda32ec8b0b.jpg?width=2502a8b1bb5-2728-465c-97d9-893d1c0bda99.jpg?width=2501936532008?profile=RESIZE_180x18022094351-14ca-4207-9db1-551d79b40fb1.jpg?width=250Story: JOE KEATINGE

Art / Cover A: LEILA DEL DUCA & OWEN GIENI

Cover B: FRANK CHO

Cover C: RAY FAWKES

Cover D: JOHN WORKMAN

Variant: JAMIE MCKELVIE & MATTHEW WILSON

Likened to Indiana Jones for the 21st century, the beloved explorer Kate Kristopher is back and in this all-new story arc of writer Joe Keatinge (GLORY, TECH JACKET) and artist Leila del Duca’s SHUTTER. And in this new chapter she’s met with the most nail-biting rivalry one can imagine—sibling rivalry. Blood doesn’t necessarily run thicker than water for Kate. To add to the building excitement, artists Frank Cho and Ray Fawkes will lend their artistic interpretations to SHUTTER with two hotly anticipated variant covers. The action-packed arc begins in SHUTTER #7, which will have readers on the edge of their seats this December 10.

World traveler Kate Kristopher has faced monsters, ninjas, ghosts, and all manner of perils in her previous explorations, but in SHUTTER #7 the stakes are raised when Kate finally comes face-to-face with another sibling she never knew about, the one who’s dead set on destroying what little Kate has left.

This new story arc will welcome legendary letterer John Workman (Thor, Doom Patrol, Heavy Liquid) to the team by way of his commemorative variant cover and a comprehensive career retrospective written by Shea Hennum.

"The highlights of drawing Issue 7: everything,” said Del Duca. “Oh, and monsters, monsters, and some more ugly monsters. I got to draw a waterbear and some other creatures inspired by gross sea animals. See cover illustration for more information. Also: more family drama! Also also, infinite thanks for reading this ridiculous book. We hope you love it as much as we do.”

"Working with Leila to build up everything Kate Kristopher is and where she exists was our big thrill in putting together the first arc,” added Keatinge. “Now that it's built up we're digging in underneath its base, chipping away at its structure and showing that this madcap world of Victorian robots and magic rat kids is founded on something far more wicked than Kate ever knew."

“So completely and utterly new that it reminds you of the potential of this medium.” —Robert Kirkman

“So completely and utterly new that it reminds you of the potential of this medium.” -- Robert Kirkman

Writer Joe Keatinge (GLORY, TECH JACKET) and artist Leila del Duca send the beloved Kate Kristopher on all new adventures beginning in SHUTTER #7. To celebrate kicking off Kate’s next globetrotting escapade, this issue will feature variant covers by Frank Cho, Ray Fawkes, and John Workman.

“We wanted to kick off our second storyline with a group of variant artists who would do our first issue's group—Emma Ríos, Dustin Weaver, and Brandon Graham—justice and LOOK OUT because Frank Cho, Ray Fawkes and new series letterer John Workman totally delivered!” said Keatinge.

Del Duca added: “I am smitten with the variant covers Cho, Fawkes and Workman created for Shutter #7 and can't imagine a better way to ring in the new story arc."

World traveler Kate Kristopher has faced monsters, ninjas, ghosts, and all manner of perils in her previous explorations, but in SHUTTER #7 Kate finally comes face-to-face with another sibling she never knew about, and one who’s dead set on destroying what little Kate has left.

In addition to his variant cover, this new story arc will welcome legendary letterer John Workman (Thor, Doom Patrol, Heavy Liquid) to the team with a comprehensive career retrospective written by Shea Hennum. 

SHUTTER #7 (Cover A, Del Duca, Diamond Code OCT140604) arrives in stores this 12/10 and will be available for $3.50.

1936540674?profile=RESIZE_320x3201936542539?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936544582?profile=RESIZE_180x180

1936532008?profile=RESIZE_180x180SINERGY #2

sinergy_02a.jpg?width=250sinergy_02b.jpg?width=2501801335454?profile=RESIZE_180x180Story / Art: MICHAEL AVON OEMING & TAKI SOMA

Cover A: MICHAEL AVON OEMING

Cover B: MICHAEL ALLRED & LAURA ALLRED

Monster hunting is tough on families, especially when it’s a secret! Jess can't believe her boyfriend may be the same monster her father warned her about! Also in this issue, a back-up story about monster men written and drawn by TAKI SOMA!

Special incentive cover by superstars MICHAEL & LAURA ALLRED.

1936544703?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936544799?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936546890?profile=RESIZE_180x180

1936532008?profile=RESIZE_180x180SOUTHERN BASTARDS #6

SOUTHERNBASTARDS_6.jpg?width=250Story: JASON AARON

Art / Cover: JASON LATOUR

Dig further into the grim past of the biggest bastard of them all, and discover how Coach Boss came to be the most feared man in all Craw County.1936532008?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936548814?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936551093?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936551309?profile=RESIZE_180x180

1936506520?profile=RESIZE_180x180SUPREME: BLUE ROSE #5

supremebluerose_05.jpg?width=250Story: WARREN ELLIS

Art / Cover: TULA LOTAY

32 PAGES / FC / M / $2.99

We could like to introduce you to Doctor Colonel Rex Ellingwood Richards III. He likes people to call him Doc Rocket. He's from an entirely different stream of history, and he is delighted and frankly relieved to meet you.

Rex Richards? Is he, you know, fantastic? Does he have an elastic, you know, intellect?1936532008?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936553044?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936555515?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936555551?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936532008?profile=RESIZE_180x180THE WALKING DEAD #135

walkingdead_135.jpg?width=250Story: ROBERT KIRKMAN

Art: CHARLIE ADLARD, STEFANO GAUDIANO, & CLIFF RATHBURN

Cover: CHARLIE ADLARD & DAVE STEWART

32 PAGES / BW / M / $2.99

Face to face.

1936532008?profile=RESIZE_180x180WYTCHES #2 (2ND PTG)

bdc582cb-7f71-4e34-bd44-22cee713a529.jpg?width=250“These weren't going to be the bulbous nose, broom-riding Halloween caricatures. These witches are a cannibalistic, skeletal race that hide in the forest, gifting their naturalistic powers to greedy folk who pledge other people in exchange. And those poor saps are doomed to be food for the creatures.” —NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

The second issue of WYTCHES by Scott Snyder and Jock, one of the most buzzed about horror series of the year, has garnered rave reviews and left readers horror-stricken and hopelessly hooked. It is slated for a second printing in order to continue to haunt readers.

“I don't know how to thank readers enough for the support on this book,” said Snyder. “It was always going to be dark and personal and I think it's safe to say none of us on the team expected this sort of response, sales-wise. But thank you guys so much. You're truly changing the landscape of comics with the support you're throwing behind creator-owned books lately. It's incredibly exciting and inspiring to see.”

In WYTCHES #2, a strange bite grows on a girl’s neck and the wytches are getting closer, creeping out of the woods. Readers beware, this terrifying second chapter of the new smash hit WYTCHES is even more chilling than the last.

Across the globe, century after century, men and women were burned, drowned, hanged, tortured, imprisoned, persecuted, and murdered for witchcraft. None of them were witches. But witches—real witches -- are out there. They are ancient, elusive, and deadly creatures that are rarely seen and even more rarely survived.

WYTCHES #2 is also currently available digitally on the Image Comics website (imagecomics.com) and the official Image Comics iOS app, as well as on Comixology on the web (comixology.com), iOS, Android, and Google Play.

• MARVEL COMICS

ALL-NEW ULTIMATES #11

1801391282?profile=RESIZE_320x320Writer: MICHEL FIFFE

Art: AMILCAR PINNA

Cover by DAVID NAKAYAMA

32 PGS. / Rated T+ / $3.99

HOLO (HEROES ONLY LIVE ONCE)!

• There’s a new crime empress in town! ECSTASY’S her name and she’ll finish the job even GALACTUS couldn’t: kill the ULTIMATES.

• Who’s got the team’s back? Perhaps a private squad made up of renegade cops calling themselves TERROR INC.?

• It’s “eye for an eye” when the ULTIMATES reach bone crunching heights in their battle with TASKMASTER.

• Plus the return of CROSSBONES!

1801329038?profile=RESIZE_180x180AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #11

1801346948?profile=RESIZE_320x3201801349036?profile=RESIZE_320x3201801329038?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: DAN SLOTT

Art/Cover: OLIVIER COIPEL

Variants: GABRIELE DELL’OTTO

32 PGS. / Rated T / $3.99

Marvel Animation Spider-Verse Variants also available

SPIDER-VERSE PART 3!

• AMAZING SPIDER-MAN VS. SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN!

• The Spider-Army doesn’t have time for this squabbling as the Inheritors tighten their noose.

1801329038?profile=RESIZE_180x180AMAZING SPIDER-MAN ANNUAL #1

1801345807?profile=RESIZE_320x320

Writers: SEAN RYAN & JAI NITZ

Art: BRANDON PETERSON & RON SALAS

Cover: BRANDON PETERSON

Variant: SIMONE BIANCHI

40 PGS. / Rated T / $4.99

• Spider-Verse too intense for you? Jump back to 616 for two super special Spider-Man stories!

• Rising star Sean Ryan (UNCANNY X-MEN/IRON MAN/NOVA SPECIALS, Suicide Squad) and Brandon Peterson (UNCANNY X-MEN, AGE OF ULTRON) bring you a story that will have everyone talking!

• Jai Nitz (Dream Thief) and Marvel new-comer Ron Salas bring you a back-up story featuring a fan-favorite supporting cast member!

1801329038?profile=RESIZE_180x180AMAZING X-MEN #14

1801335793?profile=RESIZE_320x320Writer: CHRIS YOST

Art: Carlo Barberi

COVER BY Kris Anka

AXIS TIE-IN!

As the events of AXIS reach a boiling point, both X-Men and Avengers find themselves in precarious positions. Not the least of which are Nightcrawler and Mystique -- as this tumultuous mother/son combo reaches and a point in their relationship they’ve never faced before!

1801329038?profile=RESIZE_180x180AVENGERS #39

STK657811.jpg?width=525Writer: JONATHAN HICKMAN

Art: MIKE DEODATO

Cover by ALAN DAVIS

IN 5 MONTHS … TIME RUNS OUT!

I trade-wait, so I haven't read word one of AXIS. Ergo, I have absolutely no idea what's going on in all these related books!

1801329038?profile=RESIZE_180x180AVENGERS & X-MEN: AXIS #7 (of 9)

1936537068?profile=RESIZE_320x3201936539122?profile=RESIZE_320x3201936540949?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936535084?profile=RESIZE_320x320Writer: RICK REMENDER

Art: ADAM KUBERT

Cover by JIM CHEUNG

Inversion Variant by GREG LAND

Young Guns Variant by RYAN STEGMAN

ACT III: NEW WORLD DISORDER

THIS IS IT! THE BATLE ROYALE OF YOUR DREAMS -- THE ASTONISHING AVENGERS vs. THE UNCANNY X-MEN FOR THE FATE OF NEW YORK!

Heroes and villains clash like you’ve never seen before as Act III: New World Disorder kicks off in AVENGERS & X-MEN: AXIS #7! This is it! Blockbuster creators Rick Remender and Adam Kubert bring all-out war to the streets of Manhattan as Avengers, X-Men, the deadliest villains and more battle for Manhattan – and their very souls! Apocalypse has risen, an army of X-Men at his side. The Avengers have been inverted – their moral compass spinning hopelessly on its axis. And the world’s most vile villains now stand as the Marvel Universe’s only hope. Yet amidst the chaos the Red Skull, coupled with the awesome psychic powers of Charles Xavier has escaped his prison cell. Where has he gone? Who aided him? And what will he do now that he’s been set free? The pieces are on the board and the final battle is about to begin. Be there when chaos and disorder washes over the Marvel Universe in AVENGERS & X-MEN: AXIS #7!

For more on Avengers & X-Men: AXIS, please visit www.marvel.com. Join the conversation on Twitter with hashtag #MarvelAXIS and don’t forget to follow us at @Marvel [www.twitter.com/Marvel]!

1936543205?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936543446?profile=RESIZE_320x320

1936543598?profile=RESIZE_180x180AVENGERS WORLD #16

1801333652?profile=RESIZE_320x320Writers: NICK SPENCER & FRANK BARBIERE

Art: MARCO CHECCHETTO

Cover by KALMAN ANDRASOFSZKY

AXIS TIE-IN!

• The Avengers team you never expected explodes into action in “The Availables” Part 2!

• The wrath of the SCARLET WITCH unleashed!

• Doctor Doom’s heroic gambit -- will he be redeemed?

OK, I have SOME idea -- some people's good/evil alignment has been flipped, yeah? Even knowing that, looking at a cover like this is a head-scratcher.

Especially since, you know, Stingray CAN'T FLY.

1801329038?profile=RESIZE_180x180AXIS: CARNAGE #3 (of 3)

1801330324?profile=RESIZE_320x320Writer: RICK SPEARS

Art: GERMAN PERALTA

Cover by ALEXANDER LOZANO

32 PGS. / Parental Advisory / $3.99

AXIS TIE-IN!

• Carnage has given up villainy with his newfound change in AXIS!

• But that doesn’t mean that he’s not on the MOST WANTED list.

• And Carnage has to worry about the Sin Eater, too!

1801329038?profile=RESIZE_180x180DEADPOOL’S ART OF WAR #3 (OF 4)

1801404882?profile=RESIZE_320x320Writer: PETER DAVID

Art/Cover: SCOTT KOBLISH

• You think you know war?

• DEADPOOL DOESN’T.

• Err ... by which I mean, Deadpool doesn’t think you know war. Not that Deadpool doesn’t know war.

• Because he does know war, that’s sort of the point. He’s teaching you about war in this series. Sorry for the confusion.

1801329038?profile=RESIZE_180x180DEATH OF WOLVERINE: LOGAN’S LEGACY #6 (of 7)

1801355462?profile=RESIZE_320x320Writer: JAMES TYNION IV

Art: ANDY CLARKE

Cover by ALEX GARNER

Canada Variant also available

In the wake of the DEATH OF WOLVERINE, Mystique must come to grips with everything she’s done in a lifetime of crime, and the DESTINY laid out before her.

1801329038?profile=RESIZE_180x180DEATH WOLVERINE DEADPOOL CAPTAIN AMERICA #1 (2ND PTG)

STK664002.jpg?width=250Writer: GERRY DUGGAN

Art: SCOTT KOLINS

Cover: ED MCGUINNESS

32 PGS / Parental Advisory / $4.99

Did you know Wolverine is dead? I bet some people would love to get their hands on his DNA to clone him ... Logan's old pals Deadpool and Steve Rogers are gonna make sure that doesn't happen.

1801329038?profile=RESIZE_180x180GEORGE ROMERO’S EMPIRE OF THE DEAD: ACT TWO #4 (of 5)

1801391126?profile=RESIZE_320x320Writer: GEORGE ROMERO

Art: DALIBOR TALAJIC

Cover by ALEXANDER LOZANO

32 PGS. / Parental Guidance / $3.99

CONTINUING THE LEGENDARY GEORGE ROMERO’S UNDEAD EPIC!

• Welcome back to New York City years after a world-changing undead plague -- and now outside forces are knocking on Manhattan’s walls!

• What is more chilling to Barnum, the fact that she loves someone else … or the bite mark on her wrist?

• Are the roaming flesh-eaters growing smarter every day? Can the ruling blood-suckers maintain their grip on power? Will the Southern militia pillage the greatest city in the world?

1801329038?profile=RESIZE_180x180GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY ANNUAL #1

1801280348?profile=RESIZE_320x320Writer: BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS

Art/Cover: FRANK CHO

ARTIST VARIANT Cover by TBA

40 PGS./Rated T/$4.99

• Most days in space aren’t exactly what you’d call normal, but everything seemed to be status quo today.

• That is until a S.H.I.E.L.D. helicarrier showed up out of nowhere … IN SPACE.

• Sometimes you have to go outside your jurisdiction to take care of business, but this might be stretching it a bit.

1801246347?profile=RESIZE_180x180MIGHTY AVENGERS VOL. 3: ORIGINAL SIN — NOT YOUR FATHER’S AVENGERS TPB

1936436970?profile=RESIZE_320x320Written by AL EWING

Penciled by GREG LAND

Cover by GREG LAND

96 PGS / Rated T+ / $14.99

ORIGINAL SIN tie-in! Dr. Adam Brashear, super-scientist! James Lucas, cop on the edge! Kaluu, master of black magic! Constance Molina, two-fisted reporter! The Bear, explosives expert and were-woman! Blade, vampire slayer! In 1972, they banded together to fight what couldn’t be fought alone — as the Mighty Avengers! Discover startling secrets of the seventies as Luke Cage confronts his father to learn the truth about the Avengers that time forgot! One horrible night in 1972, unspeakable evil slouched toward Manhattan, opposed only by the Mighty Avengers — and in the present day, history is repeating itself! But this time, have the Mighty Avengers already failed? The moon is full, the sacrifice is ready, and the Deathwalkers are about to eradicate humanity! Can the Mighty Avengers learn from the past, or is Earth already lost? Collecting MIGHTY AVENGERS (2013) #11-14.

1801295303?profile=RESIZE_180x180

• MARVEL MASTERWORKS: FAMOUS FIRSTS 75TH ANNIVERSARY SLIPCASE SET (2ND EDITION)

1936532772?profile=RESIZE_1024x10241936534737?profile=RESIZE_1024x10241936534872?profile=RESIZE_1024x10241936536826?profile=RESIZE_1024x10241936538708?profile=RESIZE_1024x1024Writers/Art: Various

$500.00

Just in time for the holidays – the mightiest of Marvel collections returns! Hot off the heels of its sold out initial run, Marvel is pleased to announce that the MARVEL FAMOUS FIRSTS: 75th ANNIVERSARY MASTERWORKS SLIPCASE (NEW EDITION) will return for another, limited printing! Don’t let this epic collection slip by once more!

Collecting 10 of Marvel’s mightiest Masterworks hardcovers – plus for the first time, the all-new, long in-demand NOT BRAND ECHH VOL. 1! Relive the iconic origins of the Marvel Universe with these deluxe hardcovers collecting the origin stories of some of the greatest super heroes in history!

Each titanic tome in this limited-edition box set features newly designed cover treatments and interlocking spine artwork, while the slipcase itself is patterned after the world-famous Avengers Mansion!

“We were completely overwhelmed with the response from fans and retailers for this one-of-a-kind box set,” says Marvel SVP Sales & Marketing David Gabriel. “The initial run sold out almost instantaneously so we wanted to bring it back for those who might have missed their opportunity to get theirs back in September!”

The MARVEL FAMOUS FIRSTS: 75TH ANNIVERSARY MASTERWORKS SLIPCASE SET  (NEW EDITION) will make its triumphant return to local comic book retailers December 10th and will contain the following monumental Marvel collected moments:

CAPTAIN AMERICA VOL. 1 HC

264 pgs. - collecting Tales of Suspense #59-81

DAREDEVIL VOL. 1 HC

256 pgs. - collecting Daredevil #1-11

DOCTOR STRANGE VOL. 1 HC

328 pgs. - collecting Strange Tales #110-111 and  #114 - 141, and Amazing Spider-Man Annual  #2

NOT BRAND ECHH VOL. 1 HC

456 pgs. - collecting Not Brand Echh #1-13; and material from Amazing Spider-Man Annual #5, Avengers Annual #2, Daredevil Annual #1, Fantastic Four Annual  #5 and Sgt. Fury Annual #4.

THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN VOL. 1 HC

272 pgs. – collecting Amazing Fantasy #15 and Amazing Spider-Man #1-10.

THE AVENGERS VOL. 1 HC

248 pgs. - collecting Avengers  #1-10

THE FANTASTIC FOUR VOL. 1 HC

272 pgs. - collecting Fantastic Four #1-10

THE INCREDIBLE HULK VOL. 1 HC

176 pgs. - collecting Hulk #1-6

THE INVINCIBLE IRON MAN VOL. 1 HC

208 pgs. - collecting Tales of Suspense #39-50

THE MIGHTY THOR VOL. 1 HC

280 pgs. - collecting Journey into Mystery #83-100

THE X-MEN VOL. 1 HC

248 pgs. - collecting X-Men #1-10

For more on Marvel’s 75th Anniversary, please visit marvel.com/75, like us on Facebook at facebook.com/marvel and join in the conversation on Twitter with #marvel and don’t forget to follow us at @marvel.

I have all these stories in several different formats, and I STILL want this! (Must ... resist ... spending more money!)

1801295303?profile=RESIZE_180x180MARVEL MASTERWORKS: MIGHTY THOR VOL 13 (HC)

STK650198.jpg?width=250Writer: GERRY CONWAY

Art: Various

Cover: GIL KANE

Rated T / $69.99

Prepare to behold one of the greatest sagas in the annals of Asgard when the Mighty Thor teams up with Hercules! It's page after page of boasts, battles and broken bones as the two titans fight their way into Pluto's underworld to save the lovely Krista! And that's not all we have in store for you: Thor, Sif and Balder's journey across the cosmos to stop the mysterious Black Stars from destroying the Rigellian homeworld; the unstoppable Destroyer returns; Galactus' herald Firelord makes his debut; and the origin of Ego the Living Planet is revealed! With scripts by Gerry Conway and art by the incomparable John Buscema, there's no doubt they're Marvel Masterworks of the highest order! Collecting THOR (1966) #217-228 and MARVEL TREASURY EDITION #3

1801295303?profile=RESIZE_180x180NIGHTCRAWLER #9

1801408286?profile=RESIZE_320x320Writer: CHRIS CLAREMONT

Art/Cover: TODD NAUCK

• Bamfing to the aid of a friend in need, Nightcrawler finds himself in over his head when he runs afoul of THE SHADOW KING!

• And things go from bad to worse when the X-Men fall under the Shadow King’s sway…

1801329038?profile=RESIZE_180x180THE PUNISHER #13

1801328573?profile=RESIZE_320x320Writer: NATHAN EDMONDSON

Art/Cover: MITCH GERADS

32 PGS./Parental Advisory / $3.99

• What does it take to be a Howling Commando?

• Have the Howling Commandos gone a step too far?

• And what will Frank do once they’ve crossed that line?

1801328668?profile=RESIZE_180x180ROCKET RACCOON #6

1801367073?profile=RESIZE_320x320Writer/Cover: SKOTTIE YOUNG

Art: ANDRADE

Rocket and Groot are the two best friends that anybody ever had. And they’re also amazing at killing really big alien things/saving the Galaxy!

1801329038?profile=RESIZE_180x180SAVAGE HULK VOL. 1: THE MAN WITHIN (TPB)

1936432509?profile=RESIZE_320x320Written by ALAN DAVIS with ROY THOMAS

Penciled by ALAN DAVIS with SAL BUSCEMA

Cover by ALAN DAVIS

120 PGS / Rated T / $17.99

Alan Davis writes and draws a blockbuster story pitting the classic Silver Age Hulk against…the X-Men?! Learn the startling secret of Professor Xavier’s connection to Bruce Banner! While Hulk and Abomination have the clash of the century, Xavier puts his plan into motion. But is he trying to save Banner, or terminate the Hulk? Or both? And Xavier isn’t the only one with far-reaching plans, as the Leader makes his presence known! With the Hulk trapped in an unbelievable place, and the X-Men under lock and key, who — or what — is the newest gamma-powered goliath? It’s robots, mutants and Hulks, oh my! Plus: a blast from the Silver Age past: the Hulk’s first encounter with the X-Men from the swingin’ sixties! Collecting SAVAGE HULK #1-4 and X-MEN (1963) #66.

1801295303?profile=RESIZE_180x180

SPIDER-MAN AND THE X-MEN #1

1801346222?profile=RESIZE_320x3201936539036?profile=RESIZE_320x320Writer: ELLIOTT KALAN

Art: MARCO FAILLA

Cover by NICK BRADSHAW

Variant: BENGAL

Variant: SKOTTIE YOUNG

Meet the Jean Grey School for Higher Learning’s newest faculty member … Peter Parker?! That’s right, it doesn’t take an X-Gene to sculpt young minds from the hallowed halls of the JGS, and ol’ webhead is joining the payroll this December in SPIDER-MAN & THE X-MEN #1! Rising star creators Elliott Kalan and Marco Failla settle Peter Parker into his role as the JGS’s newest Guidance Counselor. Keeping young mutants on the right path might be a reward unto itself, but Spidey has other plans.

“He’s there because Wolverine asked him to do it, though being a teacher isn’t the extent of the mission” says writer Elliot Kalan in an interview with Marvel.com. “Before Wolverine dies, he had a suspicion that something was amiss at the school and that one of the students wasn’t what they seemed. Only he didn’t know which student. It’s Spidey’s job to find the truth -- though he can’t help but hope to also have a positive influence on the lives of the students.”

Only the denizens of the Jean Grey School aren’t exactly down with their newest employee. Especially when he leads a group of the younger students into a confrontation with Sauron and Stegron, the Dinosaur Man! Time for the Wallcrawler to show his stuff as a hero and as a teacher. Be there when Spider-Man shepherds the next generation of mutants as they struggle to survive high school and a villain team-up 65 million years in the making when SPIDER-MAN & THE X-MEN #1 swings into comic shops and onto digital devices this December!

1936540977?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936543012?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936544963?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936547033?profile=RESIZE_180x180

1801329038?profile=RESIZE_180x180SPIDER-VERSE TEAM-UP #2 (of 3)

1801354857?profile=RESIZE_320x320Writers: CHRISTOS GAGE & GERRY CONWAY (W)

Art: DAVE WILLIAMS & PAUL SMITH

Cover by DAVE WILLIAMS

SPIDER-VERSE TIE-IN!

• MILES MORALES AND ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN (from the ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN cartoon) TEAM UP!

• GWEN STACY SPIDER-WOMAN goes to a universe to recruit a Peter Parker who never got over her death!

1801329038?profile=RESIZE_180x180THOR #3

1801374441?profile=RESIZE_320x320Writer: JASON AARON

Art/Cover: RUSSELL DAUTERMAN

Variant Cover by JAMES HARREN

• Lifting the enchanted hammer Mjolnir has transformed a mysterious woman into an all-new version of the mighty Thor.

• But what happens when she’s separated from that hammer?

• Plus, Frost Giants! ROXXON! And oh yeah, whatever happened to the guy who used to carry that hammer?

1801329038?profile=RESIZE_180x180UNCANNY X-MEN ANNUAL #1

1801396733?profile=RESIZE_320x3201936548896?profile=RESIZE_320x3201801329038?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS

Art/Cover: ANDREA SORRENTINO

Variant: DUSTIN NGUYEN

40 PGS. / Rated T+ / $4.99

THE SECRET LIFE OF EVA BELL -- Part 1

Spinning directly out of the pages of the New York Times Bestselling Uncanny X-Men, superstar writer Brian Michael Bendis teams with critically-acclaimed artist Andrea Sorrentino to finally answer one of the burning questions on fan’s minds – what happened to Eva Bell?! Revealed this past weekend at San Diego Comic-Con, the answers you’ve been waiting for are in the oversized UNCANNY X-MEN ANNUAL #1 – and the accidental adventures of the young, time-travelling X-Man will shock you!

“It is the utmost grandest X-Men tradition to have your mutant power be the coolest thing about you and the scariest thing,” says writer Brian Michael Bendis in an interview with Marvel.com. “It was only a matter of time before [Eva] was thrust into a situation that revealed the scary side of time related powers.”

Unable to fully control her powers, Eva Bell, Codename: Tempus had disappeared in the blink of an eye during an X-Men training mission. Though she re-appeared moments later, she had aged many years. Trapped in her own time bubble, Tempus embarked on a journey into the far future of the Marvel Universe. A journey that would change the young X-Man forever! This oversized annual also marks the first ever Marvel project for critically acclaimed artist Andrea Sorrentino (Green Arrow).

“Andrea is someone we’ve been dying to work with for some time,” says Executive Editor Mike Marts. “It seemed like the perfect tale to capitalize on Andrea’s strengths as an artist, especially his talent of establishing expansive and panoramic settings – which this issue has PLENTY of!”

How long was Eva trapped inside her temporal sphere? What horrors did she witness in an uncertain and dangerous future? And more importantly – why would she keep it a secret from her teammates? All will be revealed when Eva Bell takes center stage in Bendis & Sorrentino’s UNCANNY X-MEN ANNUAL #1 – and she’ll never be the same again!

For more info on Marvel’s San Diego Comic-Con news and announcements, head to Marvel.com/SDCC2014 and join in on the conversation on Twitter using the hashtag #MARVELSDCC.

1936549191?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936551423?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936551434?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936553774?profile=RESIZE_320x320

1936555672?profile=RESIZE_180x180

1801295303?profile=RESIZE_180x180WOLVERINE EPIC COLLECTION: MADRIPOOR NIGHTS (TPB)

1936428174?profile=RESIZE_320x320Volume #1 in the Wolverine Epic Collections

Written by CHRIS CLAREMONT & PETER DAVID

Penciled by JOHN BUSCEMA & GENE COLAN

Cover by JOHN BUSCEMA

$34.99

He’s the best there is at what he does — but what he does isn’t very nice. And now, Wolverine has broken out of the X-Men and into his own solo series! Feeling the urge to cut loose, Wolverine travels to Madripoor -- an East Indian island full of pirates, cutthroats and…just the way Logan likes it! There, he’ll take on ruthless crimelord Roche, meet the cunning Tyger Tiger, wield the mystical Black Blade, battle superhuman enforcers Roughouse and Bloodsport, and contend with drug kingpin Nguyen Ngoc Coy and his niece -- the former New Mutant known as Karma! Plus: The Hulk comes to town, a formative battle with Sabretooth is revealed, and Wolverine hunts for the Gehenna Stone! Guest-starring Jessica Drew, aka Spider-Woman! Collecting WOLVERINE (1988) #1-16, and material from MARVEL COMICS PRESENTS (1988) #1-10 and MARVEL AGE ANNUAL #4.

1801295303?profile=RESIZE_180x180X-FORCE #13

1801410859?profile=RESIZE_320x320Writer: SIMON SPURRIER

Art/Cover: ROCK-HE KIM

• The fate of Hope Summers revealed!

• Fantomex takes on each and every one of the world’s secret intelligence agencies!

• And on the outs with the rest of his team, Cable hatches one last scheme …

1801329038?profile=RESIZE_180x180X-MEN #22

1801404781?profile=RESIZE_320x320Writer: MARC GUGGENHEIM

Art: HARVEY TOLIBAO and DEXTER SOY

Cover by TERRY DODSON

“EXOGENOUS” Conclusion!

• “Arrow” executive producer Marc Guggenheim wraps up his run on this critically acclaimed arc of X-MEN!

• Time is running out as the X-Men race to save the Earth from the alien monstrosities that have emerged from the depths of space!

• But will Rachel Grey forsake her teammates to get revenge on those responsible for the death of her family?

This December, the newest member of the Jean Grey School for Higher Learning swings into action in SPIDER-MAN & THE X-MEN #1 – the new ongoing series from rising stars Elliot Kalan and Marco Failla! That’s right, it doesn’t take an X-Gene to sculpt the next generation of young mutants and Peter Parker is happy to take on his new position as the Jean Grey School’s new Special Guidance Counsellor. But keeping young mutants on the straight and narrow isn’t the webhead’s only reason for being there!

“He’s there because Wolverine asked him to do it,” says series writer Elliot Kalan in an interview with Marvel.com, “though being a teacher isn’t the extent of his mission. Before Wolverine died, he had a suspicion that something was amiss at the school and that one of the students wasn’t what they seemed. Only he didn’t know which student. It’s Spidey’s job to find the truth – though he can’t help but hope to also have a positive influence on the lives of the students.”

Though the rest of the faculty might not be down with their newest member, especially when he leads his group of students into battle against Sauron and Stegron, the Dinosaur Man! That’s right – it’s a prehistoric villain team up 65 million years in the making. And you can be there for it when the webhead swings into action with the next generation of mutants in SPIDER-MAN & THE X-MEN #1 – on sale this December!

• VALIANT COMICS

0f4b5930-fb71-434c-bdc1-4803eb56d4b5.jpg?width=15010671ad4-a9e6-4227-817b-3e2c5e6d424b.jpg?width=15089198ad0-f3cc-4829-9ef9-048c9502b7de.jpg?utm_source=COMICS+PRESS&utm_campaign=6f47e3866f-LETTERED+PREVIEW%3A+HARBINGER+%231&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_80feef14a5-6f47e3866f-44194001&width=15052012388-9313-4f7a-b5ed-96a2f4c467ec.jpg?width=150

1936531360?profile=RESIZE_180x180ac7a8271-2d7d-4515-a0cc-421d90ff9094.jpg?width=525

26f0be10-0a42-4ff8-9e72-e8005c3af5fa.jpg?width=525cd0d40d0-58fa-4d33-8eba-2197ac6bbb06.jpg?width=525

THE VALIANT #1 (of 4)

1936533474?profile=RESIZE_320x3201936533614?profile=RESIZE_320x3201936535512?profile=RESIZE_320x320Written by JEFF LEMIRE & MATT KINDT

Art & Cover by PAOLO RIVERA

Interlocking Variant Cover by JEFF LEMIRE & MATT KINDT

Variant Cover by FRANCESCO FRANCAVILLA

B&W Sketch Variant by PAOLO RIVERA

Blank Cover also available

$3.99 | T+ | 32 pgs.

A battle ten millennia in the making...

Valiant Entertainment is proud to announce THE VALIANT – a new prestige format four-issue limited series beginning in December from New York Times best-selling writers Jeff Lemire (Green Arrow, Animal Man) and Matt Kindt (RAI, UNITY, Mind MGMT), and featuring interior artwork and covers by Eisner Award-winning artist Paolo Rivera (Daredevil)!

An entirely self-contained comics event spotlighting Bloodshot, Eternal Warrior, Geomancer and a cast of heroes and villains from across the Valiant Universe, THE VALIANT is a visionary new adventure from three of the greatest creative talents in comics today.

The Eternal Warrior has protected the Earth for more than 10,000 years. A master of countless weapons and long forgotten martial arts, he is guided by the Geomancers – those who speak for the Earth. During his long watch, the Eternal Warrior has failed three times. Each time, the Geomancer was killed…and a new dark age for humanity began. Each time, he was unable to stop The Immortal Enemy – a monstrous force of nature. A civilization killer. A horror that appears differently each time it arrives…and whose seemingly only purpose is to bring disorder and darkness to the world. Now, the time has come for The Immortal Enemy to return once more. But, this time, the Eternal Warrior will be ready. This time, he has a force greater than any single warrior. This time, he has … THE VALIANT.

"I've been a huge fan of what Valiant Comics has been doing for the past two years, with a lot of my favorite creators, and favorite people, like Matt Kindt, Josh Dysart and Rob Venditti, doing incredible work for the publisher," said writer Jeff Lemire. "So, it's a huge thrill for me to now step into the Valiant Universe in a BIG way with the upcoming four-issue series, THE VALIANT, along with co-writer Matt Kindt, and one of the most incredible artists working in comics today, Paolo Rivera. THE VALIANT will not only serve as a great entry point for brand new readers to Valiant, but also enrich the existing universe and shake it up dramatically moving forward. Valiant has an incredible stable of characters to play with, and they will ALL play a role in THE VALIANT."

"Jeff and I have been threatening to work together for a long time," said writer Matt Kindt. "And we did a little bit on Sweet Tooth with the few issues I did, but this is the first time we've really created something from scratch and written a long piece of work together. Collaborating on writing isn't something I normally get excited about, but Jeff and I just got coffee after a con one night and started brainstorming different things we could do and, by the end of the night, the waitress got a big tip and we'd written an outline for this epic story. It was like being transported to your best friend's kitchen table when you're 11 and cooking up fantastic comic book ideas. But in this case, when we were done, we got Paolo to draw it. We couldn't be more excited. I was just a fan of his on his now classic run on Daredevil. He's just a great cartoonist, you know? He can tell a story so well – and I think we gave him plenty of story to draw."

"I've heard nothing but good things about Jeff and Matt, and their script does not disappoint," said artist Paolo Rivera. "One of the major things that brought me to this project was the epic scale. Most of the stories I've worked on, even when action-packed, have been on the level of individuals. While our main characters are still the heart, this story spans epochs and realms, with consequences that, quite literally, affect the entire Earth."

"I worked with [Valiant Editor-in-Chief] Warren [Simons] briefly at Marvel, but he's been doing his best to lure me (and my Dad) to Valiant since 2012," added Rivera. "We've been doing mostly covers since then, so it's awesome to be drawing comics again. That, and it's fun to draw Bloodshot getting blown to bits."

A New York Times best-selling writer and artist, Jeff Lemire is the award-winning author of some of the most acclaimed graphic novels and comic book series in recent memory, including the Essex County trilogy, Sweet Tooth, and The Underwater Welder. A recipient of the American Library Association's prestigious Alex Award and the Joe Shuster Award, Lemire's work has also been nominated for the Eisner, Harvey, and Ignatz Awards. Most recently, his work for DC Comics has included critically acclaimed runs on Animal Man, Green Arrow, and Justice League United, as well as the creator-owned series Trillium for Vertigo. THE VALIANT will be Lemire's first full-length work for Valiant Entertainment.

Matt Kindt is the New York Times best-selling writer and artist of many acclaimed graphic novels and comic book series, including Mind MGMT, 3 Story: The Secret History of the Giant Man, Pistolwhip, Red-Handed: The Fine Art of Strange Crimes, Revolver, and Super Spy. A Harvey Award winner and Eisner Award nominee, his other works include Justice League of America and Suicide Squad for DC Comics, and Marvel Knights: Spider-Man for Marvel Comics. In addition to THE VALIANT, Kindt currently writes two ongoing series, RAI and UNITY, for Valiant Entertainment.

Paolo Rivera quickly gained notoriety for his painted artwork on Marvel Comics' Mythos before moving on to provide distinctive and striking covers for nearly all of the publisher's top series. With his father Joe Rivera inking his work, Rivera penciled the best-selling relaunch of Marvel's Daredevil with writer Mark Waid – a run that won the father-son duo two Eisner Awards for their work. THE VALIANT will mark Rivera's first full-length comics' work since Daredevil in 2012. He can be found online at paolorivera.blogspot.com and twitter.com/PaoloMRivera.

Featuring covers by Paolo Rivera, Jeff Lemire & Matt Kindt, and Eisner Award-winning artist Francesco Francavilla (Afterlife with Archie), a universe-spanning journey featuring all of Valiant's biggest heroes begins this December in THE VALIANT #1!

PREVIEW PAGES

1936538067?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936540100?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936540219?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936542124?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936544095?profile=RESIZE_320x3201936545940?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936546125?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936548107?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936550132?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936550150?profile=RESIZE_180x180ANOTHER LOOK

1936550367?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936552218?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936552418?profile=RESIZE_320x320

1936554462?profile=RESIZE_180x180

1936556296?profile=RESIZE_320x320

1936558301?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936558473?profile=RESIZE_180x180SKETCHES, ETC.

1936560417?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936560444?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936560552?profile=RESIZE_320x3201936562429?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936562555?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936562625?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936564494?profile=RESIZE_180x180

INSIDE THE VALIANT

1936566771?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936566939?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936567089?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936568961?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936569159?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936569216?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936569365?profile=RESIZE_320x3201936571465?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936573674?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936575865?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936577819?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936577849?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936578554?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936578529?profile=RESIZE_180x180

1936564494?profile=RESIZE_180x180VALIANT NEXT

1936578727?profile=RESIZE_1024x1024In 2015 … the story starts here!

Valiant Entertainment is proud to announce VALIANT NEXT – an all-new wave of ongoing series and prestige format projects from some of the premier creative talents in comics today. Beginning in December with THE VALIANT #1 (of 4) by Jeff Lemire, Matt Kindt, and Paolo Rivera, VALIANT NEXT continues with five blockbuster new series in 2015:

IVAR, TIMEWALKER #1 by Fred Van Lente and Clayton Henry in January

DIVINITY #1 (of 4) by Matt Kindt and Trevor Hairsine in February

IMPERIUM #1 by Joshua Dysart and Doug Braithwaite in February

NINJAK #1 by Matt Kindt and Clay Mann in March

BLOODSHOT REBORN #1 by Jeff Lemire and Mico Suayan in April

Following the critically acclaimed, smash-hit success of VALIANT FIRST in 2014, VALIANT NEXT will present six new starting points perfect for readers new and old. Featuring an exciting selection of new series starring Valiant’s biggest, most-demanded heroes alongside all-new, never before seen characters, VALIANT NEXT is the NEXT epic evolution of Valiant's best-selling, fan-favorite publishing line.

"We’ve spent two years building an award-winning publishing line, pouring our hearts into re-imagining X-O MANOWAR, HARBINGER and the rest of the Valiant Universe for the modern day. Now it’s time to take it to the next level,” said Valiant CEO and Chief Creative Officer Dinesh Shamdasani. “VALIANT NEXT taps into the same creative energy that made Valiant one of the most legendary comic book companies of all time. When I was a kid, one of the best things about Valiant was picking up an issue with a brand new character, like X-O MANOWAR or NINJAK. I’m excited that we’re doing that again now with series like DIVINITY and IMPERIUM. And that’s only a fraction of what we have coming next.”

"Jeff Lemire, Matt Kindt and Paolo Rivera are delivering an absolute monster of a book with THE VALIANT and it’s the perfect title to lead off VALIANT NEXT," said Valiant Editor-In-Chief Warren Simons. "This is our most ambitious initiative yet, and everyone’s bringing their A-game. The creative team of ARCHER & ARMSTRONG reuniting to launch IVAR, TIMEWALKER. Clay Mann on NINJAK – his first ongoing series at Valiant. Mico Suayan tearing it up with Jeff Lemire on BLOODSHOT REBORN. Joshua Dysart and Doug Braithwaite together for the first time for the devastating events of IMPERIUM. Not to mention the introduction of an all-new, all-powerful force in DIVINITY from the minds of Matt Kindt and Trevor Hairsine. It’s a kick-ass time to be a Valiant fan."

TALES OF THE VALIANT

72c36ba5-a34f-4f39-9f34-3c882ec4e890.jpg?utm_source=COMICS+PRESS&utm_campaign=01a429b9c8-LETTERED+PREVIEW%3A+HARBINGER+%231&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_80feef14a5-01a429b9c8-44194001&width=525Valiant is proud to announce IGN PRESENTS TALES OF THE VALIANT – an all-new, four-part webcomic counting down to the release of THE VALIANT #1 by New York Times best-selling writer Matt Kindt (THE VALIANT, RAI) and Harvey Award-nominated rising star Pere Perez (HARBINGER WARS, ARCHER & ARMSTRONG), debuting exclusively at IGN each Wednesday!

"THE VALIANT is a ground-level introduction to Valiant's most iconic and enduring characters," said Valiant CEO & Chief Creative Officer Dinesh Shamdasani. "True to form, Jeff Lemire, Matt Kindt, and Paolo Rivera have crafted a story that is a true epic, covering centuries of history and drawing nearly all of Valiant's most important heroes and villains into the fray. Now, in concert with IGN, we're excited to zero in individually on each of the series' primary leads – the Eternal Warrior, Bloodshot, Geomancer, and Ninjak – for an intimate adventure preceding the events of THE VALIANT #1. Matt and Pere have expertly captured what makes these characters tick, and IGN PRESENTS TALES OF THE VALIANT is a perfect short-form introduction to the stage and setting of THE VALIANT before issue #1 arrives in December."

The Eternal Warrior has protected the Earth for more than 10,000 years. A master of countless weapons and long forgotten martial arts, he is guided by the Geomancers – those who speak for the Earth. During his long watch, the Eternal Warrior has failed three times. Each time, the Geomancer was killed…and a new dark age for humanity began. Each time, he was unable to stop The Immortal Enemy – a monstrous force of nature. A civilization killer. A horror that appears differently each time it arrives…and whose seemingly only purpose is to bring disorder and darkness to the world. Now, the time has come for The Immortal Enemy to return once more. But, this time, the Eternal Warrior will be ready. This time, he has a force greater than any single warrior. This time, he has…THE VALIANT.

But before THE VALIANT begin their star-crossed showdown with the Immoral Enemy on December 10th, meet each of the series' most important players in the exclusive TALES OF THE VALIANT webcomic, beginning today at IGN! Eternal Warrior. Bloodshot. Geomancer. Ninjak. United to prevent the dawn of a new Dark Age for mankind, each of these fearless heroes is stepping to the fore for a special standalone adventure detailing their origin and escapades prior to THE VALIANT #1 with a new installment of IGN PRESENTS TALES OF THE VALIANT each Wednesday!

The adventure begins right now in the first installment of IGN PRESENTS TALES OF THE VALIANT by Matt Kindt and Pere Perez, available only at IGN!

And don't miss the first epic issue on December 10th in comic shops everywhere when superstar creators Jeff Lemire, Matt Kindt, and Paolo Rivera unleash THE VALIANT #1!

OTHER PUBLISHERS

AJIN GN VOL 02 DEMI-HUMAN VOL 2 (GN)

STK655258.jpg?width=250Publisher: VERTICAL INC

Writer/Art/Cover: GAMON SAKURAI

High school student Kei Nagai is killed in a traffic accident, but immediately revives to learn that he may not be human at all. Instead, he may be a Demi-Human, a mysterious almost immortal being blessed with amazing super-human abilities. Scared, he runs away, and is aided in his escape from society by his friend Kai. Unfortunately for Kei, the manhunt is on and he will soon be caught within a conflict between mankind and other Demi-Humans as they prepare to fight for global supremacy.

$12.95

1936528074?profile=RESIZE_180x180ARATA THE LEGEND VOL 20 (GN)

STK656660.jpg?width=250Publisher: VIZ MEDIA LLC

Writer/Art/Cover: YUU WATASE

Arata and Hinohara finally manage to bring each other fully up to date on what's happening in the worlds they've been switched between.

$9.99

1936528074?profile=RESIZE_180x180ATTACK ON TITAN VOL 3: BEFORE THE FALL (GN)

STK655262.jpg?width=250Publisher: KODANSHA COMICS

Writers: ISAYAMA HAJIME, RYO SUZUKAZE

Art/Cover: SATOSHI SHIKI

A gory, dark, action-packed prequel series to the popular Atack on Titan! Humanity has learned to live in complacency behind its high walls, protected from the giant Titans. But when a Titan-worshipping cult opens one of the gates, a Titan wreaks havoc, consuming the cultists. After the rampage is over, two young Survey Corps members are shocked to discover a pregnant woman's partially digested corpse - with her baby still alive inside it! What will the fate of this "child of the Titans" be? And how will humanity learn to cope with the Titan threat?

$10.99

1936528074?profile=RESIZE_180x180BAD MACHINERY VOL 3: CASE OF THE SIMPLE SOUL (GN)

STK651673.jpg?width=525Publisher: ONI PRESS INC.

Writer/Art/Cover: JOHN ALLISON

The Tackleford gang is back with a new case that demands solving! When Tackleford's derelict barns begin going up in flames, Linton and Sonny are on the case with a moderately mysterious new friend. Paths cross, however, when Lottie and Mildred meet a terrifying yet misunderstood creature living beneath a bridge! Throw in an overly enthusiastic Fire Brigade, a transforming skate ramp, and a new French teacher and you've got the kind of charming genius that can only be found in John Allison's BAD MACHINERY.

$19.99

1936528074?profile=RESIZE_180x180BATTLE ANGEL ALITA LAST ORDER OMNIBUS VOL 5

STK655263.jpg?width=250Publisher: KODANSHA COMICS

Writer/Art/Cover: YUKITO KISHIRO

After nearly being canceled, the Z.O.T.T. resumes and now inches towards its conclusion with the Space Angels going head-to-head against new, formidable opponents that push their combative skills to the limit. With Alita jumping back into the fray, the independence of Tiphares and the scrapyard are depending on her victory, and with her new, seemingly unstoppable abilities, triumph seems to be nearly at hand for the Space Angels. However, behind the scenes, Mbadi and other nefarious entities are plotting to turn things around on Alita and her friends as the Z.O.T.T. continues into its final round.

$19.99

1936528074?profile=RESIZE_180x180

This reply was deleted.