Comics Guide for Feb. 5, 2014

Welcome!

It looks like 2014 is beginning in earnest this week. We've got three All-New Marvel NOW! re-launches, the beginning of zero issues at Valiant, the return of the Gold Key heroes and, of course, a couple of hundred other titles to talk about.

So let's get to it!

THE CAPTAIN'S PICKS

APOCALYPSE AL #1 (of 4)

Story J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

Art SID KOTIAN & BILL FARMER

Cover A SID KOTIAN & BILL FARMER

Cover B RYAN SOOK

36 PAGES / FC / M / $2.99

In 2013 MTV Geek announced plans to publish a new four-part miniseries entitled THE ADVENTURES OF APOCALYPSE AL, written by J. Michael Straczynski (SIDEKICK, TEN GRAND) and drawn by Sid Kotian (TWILIGHT GUARDIAN), with colors by Bill Farmer (EPOCH). The series follows the action-packed, fast-paced, surreal, and comically strange tale of Allison Carter, a private investigator whose beat is the end of the world ... or, more precisely, preventing same. When MTV Geek closed its doors in October, imperiling the project, Joe’s Comics and Studio JMS leapt in to reacquire the material with the assistance of MTV’s Tom Akel.

Consequently, in February 2014, THE ADVENTURES OF APOCALYPSE AL debuts from Joe’s Comics with an oversized first issue containing 30 pages of original story, unbroken by advertisements, and accompanied by an audio dramatization that has become the trademark of Joe’s Comics. All four issues — 107 pages in all — are written, drawn and inked, guaranteeing that they will come out on time. In addition to the covers by Sid Kotian, covers will be provided by Francesco Francavilla and the legendary John Romita Jr. This marks the first time Romita and Straczynski have worked together since their celebrated run on The Amazing Spider-Man.

When a mysterious figure gets his hands on the Book of Keys, whose secrets can cause the destruction of the world, Allison Carter is the only one who can stop him. Her journey takes her through a world populated by zombie cops, machine-gun toting imps, techno-wizards, closet trolls, demonic theme parks, other dimensions, Ultimate Darkness and an undead ex-boyfriend.

“After doing three titles about demons, despair and death, more or less in that order, this is the first title from Joe’s Comics that’s about sheer, unadulterated fun,” said Straczynski. “It’s light-hearted and funny, its heart is in the right place, the action never stops and it features a smart, strong hero who has a habit of saying exactly the wrong thing at exactly the right moment. If you liked Ghostbusters and Men in Black, this is the book for you.”

India-based artist Sid Kotian is a fast-rising star in the comics field, having worked on such titles as Hawken and Twilight Guardian. “His work on The Adventures of Apocalypse Al is some of his most stunning to date,” Straczynski said. “His work has a modern, fresh and fluid look; it’s just a beautiful book. We were so knocked out by his work on Al that we hired him to do the art for DREAM POLICE, a twelve-part maxiseries coming out from Joe’s Comics later in 2014.”

“Joe’s script for Apocalypse Al is a balance of noir, humor, horror and just the right amount of serious moments at the right spot,” said Kotian. “It was challenging trying to match the visuals to the soul of the story. I don’t think I’ve ever redrawn so many pages trying to do just that. I had a great time drawing it though and I'm sure the fans will love it.”

“With Apocalypse Al Joe blends a supernatural adventure story with a pulp sensibility crafted around a character who is one part Indiana Jones and one part Ellen Ripley. Allison Carter is the take charge, fast talking action heroine with a sharp tongue and nerves of steel fans have been waiting for,” said Phil Smith, Production Editor.

While most of the major comics companies are shortening their titles, each issue of THE ADVENTURES OF APOCALYPSE AL is oversized, giving readers more story and more bang for the buck at the same price as a regular issue. Issue one has 30 pages of story; issue two, 28 pages of story; issue three, 28 pages of story; and issue four, 21 pages of story plus additional pages of bonus features.

For information, updates and more go to www.imagecomics.com and www.studiojms.com.

Legionnaires familiar with the Captain's tastes know that he's not currently the biggest fan of J. Michael Straczynski's work. But 'twas not always so.

Back in the dim, dark days of the late 1990s, JMS launched an imprint at Image called "Joe's Comics." It only lasted about seven years before Straczynski and Image had a falling out, but in the meantime I quite enjoyed two titles, Midnight Nation and Rising Stars. Both fell on hard times toward the end, but in the beginning they seemed like fresh takes on tired genres. So I know that the work of JMS -- despite such disappointments as "Sins Past" and "Grounded" -- is sometimes something I will enjoy.

So it is with that hope that I approach Apocalypse Al. I don't recall humor being a Straczynski strong suit, but the set-up -- which looks kinda like Planetary after a few drinks -- seems remarkably light-hearted and potentially entertaining.

ARCHER & ARMSTRONG: ARCHER #0

Written by FRED VAN LENTE

Art by PERE PEREZ

Cover by CLAYTON HENRY

Pullbox Exclusive Variant by JOE EISMA

Variant Cover by ANDY KUHN

$3.99/T+/32 pgs.

Valiant is proud to present an advance preview of Archer & Armstrong: Archer #0 – an all-new jumping-on point for the smash hit series that IGN calls "the most ridiculously fun comic on the stands." Start reading here on February 5th as Valiant superstars Fred Van Lente and Pere Perez reveal the never-before-told truth behind Valiant's very own boy(ish) wonder – the incomparable Obadiah Archer!

Who is Archer, where did he come from, and how can he do the incredible things that he can do? (Which is everything, remember?) Get ready to learn the startling secret of Archer’s origins with an exciting look into the classified archives of Project Rising Spirit with an all-new starting point, perfect for new readers and longtime fans alike.

Then, discover Valiant's next wave of breakout characters with three more standalone zero issues from some of the brightest talents in comics today in Bloodshot and H.A.R.D. Corps: H.A.R.D. Corps #0, Quantum and Woody: The Goat #0 and Harbinger: Bleeding Monk #0!

For more information on Archer & Armstrong and the rest of the Valiant Universe, visit Valiant on Facebook, on Twitter, and at ValiantUniverse.com.

For Valiant merchandise and more, visit Valiant.CinderBlock.com.

This looks like fun, and it also looks like it will inform the ongoing series, which I enjoy. So, yay!

"[The] Archer #0 story is fairly dark and grim, because it involves Archer’s mind-numbingly horrible childhood," writer Fred Van Lente told Newsarama in an interview. "It’s a breather in the sense of less things explode and there are less crowd scenes than “Sect Civil War,” but I think on an emotional level and a character level we maintain the same steamroller pace."

BLACK WIDOW #3

NATHAN EDMONDSON (W)

PHIL NOTO (A/C)

Variant Cover by TBA

32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

The Finely Woven Thread - PART 3: “FOLIAGE”

• She’s the kind of woman you call when you need to escape from a South American prison.

• Don’t miss the book everyone is talking about (and it isn’t even out yet!)

You are all buying this series, in order to support my dream of a successful Black Widow ongoing, right? RIGHT? Don't make me turn this car around, young man!

CAPTAIN MIDNIGHT VOL 1 TP

Joshua Williamson (W)

Fernando Dagnino, Victor Ibáñez, Pere Pérez, Roger Robinson (A)

Ego (C)

Felipe Massafera (Cover)

FC, 120 pages, $14.99

TP, 7’’ x 10’’

In the forties, he was an American hero, a daredevil fighter pilot, a technological genius . . . a superhero. Since he rifled out of the Bermuda Triangle and into the present day, Captain Midnight has been labeled a threat to homeland security. Can Captain Midnight survive in the modern world, with the US government on his heels and an old enemy out for revenge?! Collects Captain Midnight #1-#3, Captain Midnight #0, and the Captain Midnight Free Comic Book Day story.

• Written by Joshua Williamson (Masks and Mobsters, Ghosted)!

I didn't pick this up right away, given that "World War II hero in the present day!" is a theme that has been beaten to death (not only Captain America, but Doctor Tomorrow, The Twelve, Major Glory, the list goes on). But, as always, the crucial element is execution, so I'm going to pick this up to see how they're doing. (Plus, I'm in the middle of Dark Horse's Golden Age Captain Midnight Fights the Nazis collection, and a comparison will be fun.)

Bonus! The Baron chimed in on this topic as well: "It's a shame the Old Man isn't still around to see this. He was a big fan of Captain Midnight's radio show back in caveman times. I wonder what he'd think to know that his old hero is still being re-visited today?"

My guess? "You kids get off the lawn!" Oh, wait, that was my dad.

LOBSTER JOHNSON: GET THE LOBSTER #1 (of 5)

Celebrating 20 Years of Hellboy!

Mike Mignola, John Arcudi (W)

Tonci Zonjic (A/Cover)

Dave Stewart (C)

FC, 32 pages, $3.99

Miniseries

A Manhattan sporting event goes terribly wrong as the ref is killed in front of a live audience by two crazed — and seemingly bulletproof — wrestlers. Who is behind this new reign of terror?

“The necessary thrills to justify every cent spent on this comic.” — Comic Book Resources

There is absolutely no reason for the entirely derivative Lobster Johnson to exist, or for me to enjoy him so much. But I do. If you're like me, or just want to be like me (and who wouldn't?) here's the chance to jump in the ground floor of a new Lobster Johnson adventure.

LOKI: AGENT OF ASGARD #1

Written by AL EWING

Art by LEE GARBETT

Cover by JENNY FRISON

Variant Covers by FRANK CHO

Animal Variant by MIKE DEL MUNDO

32 PGS./Rated T+…$2.99

Old God - New Trickster!

Marvel is pleased to present your first look at LOKI: AGENT OF ASGARD #1 from the spellbinding creative team of Al Ewing (Mighty Avengers) and Lee Garbett (X-O Manowar, Batgirl). LOKI is back and craftier than ever as the All-Mother’s secret weapon against Asgardia’s strangest threats. With his serpent’s tongue, debonair charm, and taste for the uncanny, there’s no assignment Loki won’t take—including the untimely stabbing of THOR! The surprises only start here for the Prince of Lies, as the most conniving corners of the Marvel Universe are blown open this February in LOKI: AGENT OF ASGARD #1!

Would we lie to you? This is LOKI, true believer -- we’re lying to you RIGHT NOW!

That last line would have sold me on this, even if I wasn't inclined to get it anyway after Kieron Gillen's masterful run on Journey into Mystery showed me how much fun Loki could be. If this is half as good as JiM, then it's worth the money.

MS. MARVEL #1

Written by G. WILLOW WILSON

Art by ADRIAN ALPHONA

Cover by SARA PICHELLI

Variant Covers by ART ADAMS & JAMIE MCKELVIE

Design Variant also Available

32 PGS./Rated T+…$2.99

Ms. Marvel will center on 16-year-old Kamala Khan, a Muslim-American teenager living in Jersey City, New Jersey. Like any teenager, all of her opportunities are in front her and she is full of potential, but her parents’ high expectations come with tons of pressure and has led Kamala to carve out a future that she has little interest in.

"At her core, Kamala is just a 16-year-old girl, exploring the many facets of her identity when she is suddenly bestowed with super-human powers that send her on the adventure of a lifetime,” says Marvel Comics Editor In Chief Axel Alonso.

The series, and its central character, are brought to life by an all-star creative team, led by acclaimed novelist and multi-Eisner nominee, G. Willow Wilson (Air, Mystic, Alif The Unseen). Her writings about modern religion have appeared in such outlets as New York Times’Magazine and The Atlantic. Critically-acclaimed artist Adrian Alphona (Runaways, Uncanny X-Force) brings his vivid artistry to the project capturing the vibrantly rich and kinetic world in which Kamala lives.

Series editor Sana Amanat states, “The inspiration for the new Ms. Marvel series stemmed out of a desire to explore the Muslim-American diaspora from an authentic perspective and yet, this story isn’t about what it means to be a Muslim, Pakistani or American. Those are just cultural touchstones that reflect the ever changing world we live in today. This is ultimately a tale about what it means to be young, lost amid the expectations bestowed upon you, and what happens when you get to choose.”

Writer, G. Willow Wilson: “I wanted Ms. Marvel to be true to life, something real people could relate to, particularly young women. High school was a very vivid time in my life, so I drew heavily on those experiences -- impending adulthood, dealing with school, emotionally charged friendships that are such a huge part of being a teenager.” Willow continues, “It's for all the geek girls out there, and everybody else who's ever looked at life from the fringe.”

For more on Ms. Marvel & All-New Marvel NOW!, please visit now.marvel.com and join in the conversation on Twitter with hashtag #MsMarvel.

I have to support this on principle, given that Muslims aren't very popular in a lot of places in America, and female-starring solo titles don't usually sell well, either. That's two strikes against the book before it ever hits the stands, which means Marvel's editors are very brave, or that they need to get out of New York City once in a while.

But aside from principle, I'm genuinely curious how this will handled. I've read G. Willow Wilson's work before, which sometimes works for me and sometimes doesn't. I'm hoping the new Ms. Marvel will be as much the former and as little of the latter as possible.

THE PUNISHER #1

Written by NATHAN EDMONDSON

Art & Cover by MITCH GERADS

Variant Cover by SALVADOR LAROCCA

Animal Variant by CHRIS SAMNEE and Young Variant
by SKOTTIE YOUNG Also Available!

Blank Variant Also Available

32 PGS. / Parental Advisory …$3.99

Frank Castle’s one-man-war on crime continues in an all-new THE PUNISHER #1 – from the explosive creative team of Nathan Edmondson and Mitch Gerads! For years, the Punisher has called New York City his home – keeping a watchful eye on the city through the sight of a gun. But when a lead on a major source of drugs, weapons, and more leads Frank out west – he sets his sights on Los Angeles. And the City of Angels isn’t ready for a devil like the Punisher! But not everything is as it appears, and Frank will soon find himself toe-to-toe with a highly trained military strike force known only as the 131! Who are the mysterious 131? And why are they out for the Punisher’s head? Find out when the high-octane new series kicks off this February in THE PUNISHER #1!

It took me years to start reading The Punisher regularly. Actually, it took Garth Ennis, because up to that point he wrote The Punisher  I found the character distasteful and was discouraged to see the writers altering characters to keep Spider-Man and company from throwing Frank's mass-murdering @$$ in jail.

But thanks to Ennis I look at the character a little differently, more like Judge Dredd than a straight-up superhero title. He's still a mass-murdering psychopath, but now I see a glimmer of self-parody, and can enjoy the book thataway. And, yes, there's a little part of me that enjoys The Punisher as a revenge fantasy, too -- I'm only human.

So I'll probably order this new Punisher title some time in trade when the I'm in just the right mood and near a computer. And for those of you who enjoy the character straight up without hems and haws, here ya go!

TUROK: DINOSAUR HUNTER #1

Writer: Greg Pak

Art: Mirko Colak

Cover: Bart Sears

Variant cover by Jae Lee

Variant blank cover

Variant store-name cover by Robert Castro

Rating: Teen + / 32 pages / $3.99

THE GOLD KEY UNIVERSE BEGINS HERE! Classic Characters by some of Comics Hottest Creators! - Magnus, Solar, Turok and Dr. Spektor! Dynamite is proud to present an all-new adventure ongoing from superstar GREG PAK (Batman/Superman, World War Hulk) and incredible artist MIRKO COLAK (Red Skull: Incarnate, Conan)! Shunned from his tribe, a young Native American named Turok fights to survive, making a lonely life for himself in the unforgiving forest. But his hard-won cunning and survival skills face the ultimate test when man-eating THUNDER LIZARDS attack his people! Why are dinosaurs here? How have they survived? And will Turok use his abilities to save a society that's taken everything away from him?

Evidently Dynamite plans to return the "superheroes" of Gold Key's Silver Age years, starting with Turok this month, adding Magnus in March and continuing with Solar in April. (I have not heard anything about a Mighty Samson title, but wouldn't be surprised to see one in May.) 

I've always had a weird fascination for the Gold Key heroes, especially Solar, but I don't know if they will ever fascinate me again, because they will never be competing in the 1960s comics market again, and I will never be 10 years old again.

But these are famous and time-tested characters, and it's an ambitious project, plus, you know, dinosaurs. That's enough for me to make Turok a Captain's Pick.

WOLVERINE #1

Written by PAUL CORNELL

Art & Cover by RYAN STEGMAN

Variant Cover by Jerome Opeña

Animal Variant by Katie Cook

Design Variant by TBA

Blank Variant Also Available

32 PGS./PARENTAL ADVISORY …$3.99

WOLVERINE NO MORE?

Experience the next thrilling chapter in the life of Marvel’s most dangerous mutant in the explosive WOLVERINE #1 – from the blockbuster writer Paul Cornell and superstar artist Ryan Stegman! And you’ve never seen a Logan like this before – working for a … small-time super-villain?!

Beaten, bloodied and left for dead by Sabretooth, Logan is out for revenge! And he’s going to get it by any means necessary! But before he can take on Sabretooth again, he’ll have to get better, stronger and smarter than ever before! But that’s not as easy as he may have thought

And soon he’ll find himself turning to darker, more sinister means of getting what he wants – all in the name of retribution! Even if that means operating on the wrong side of the law to do it!

“The first arc is called ‘Payback’ and that’s where we find him: working for a crime boss called The Offer, alongside a 'family' of low-rent super-villains,” said series writer Paul Cornell in an interview with Marvel.com.

“Paul and Ryan’s take on Wolverine is bold, modern and dark as hell,” says Editor Jeanine Schaefer. “In the aftermath of KILLABLE, Logan is a changed man, and readers will be getting to know him all over again. And wait until you see Ryan’s art – he’s never looked better!”

Can Logan fight back his demons and find the hero within? Or is this the beginning of a Wolverine who’s gone over to the dark side? A bold new direction for the Marvel’s most dangerous mutant begins this February in WOLVERINE #1!

Each issue of Wolverine includes a code for a free digital copy on the Marvel Comics app (for iPhone®, iPad®, iPad Touch® & Android devices). Additionally, each issue of Wolverine features special augmented reality content available exclusive through the Marvel AR app – including cover recaps, behind the scenes features and more that add value to your reading experience at no additional cost.

I don't really need to say anything, do I? Marvel's most popular mutant debuts with a new series, with another new #1. Whatever the premise -- and, frankly, the description above sounds pretty hokey -- I'd be remiss in not mentioning it.

ARCHIE COMICS

ARCHIE #652

Script: Dan Parent

Art: Dan Parent, Rich Koslowski, Jack Morelli

Cover: Dan Parent

Variant cover: Stephanie Buscema

32-page, full color comic, $2.99 U.S.

"Rockin’ the World, part 3 — Blunder Down Under" The Archies continue their world tour in the sunny downunda — Australia! Everyone’s enjoying the sand and surf, until Archie and Valerie get stranded at sea! Will they find their way to land in time for the big fashion expo headlined by none other than supermodel Katy Keene, and featuring Betty, Veronica and Amisha as supermodels? Will Bingo Wilkin steal The Archies’ spotlight? Find out as the Archie's Rocking Tour rock and rolls on!

THE FOX #4

Fox Plot/Art: Dean Haspiel

Fox Script: Mark Waid

Fox Art: Dean Haspiel, Allen Passalaqua, and John Workman

Shield Script: J.M. DeMatteis

Shield Art: Mike Cavallaro, Terry Austin, and Steve Downer

Cover: Dean Haspiel and Allen Passalaqua

Variant cover: David Mack

The battle for the final fate of the diamond realm has begun! Emmy Award winning writer/artist Dean Haspiel (Billy Dogma, HBO's Bored to Death) and Eisner Award winning writer Mark Waid (Daredevil, Thrillbent) continue the saga of the legendary, pulp-style hero The Fox in FREAK MAGNET Part Four: "The Voodoo You Do"! It’s a knock-down drag-out brawl between The Fox and the mad King of Diamonds. Who will win this all-out battle? And where is the Queen? The answer is sure to surprise you! Meanwhile, in "The Face of Hate Part 3: A Mind of Shattered Glass," the Shield is at the brink of defeat at the hands of a mysterious and powerful attacker! Identities are revealed, stories collide and *SPOILER ALERT* "Freaky" reinforcements are on the way in this penultimate chapter! Featuring all-new variant cover art from acclaimed artist David Mack (Daredevil: End of Days, Kabuki)!

Every solicitation for The Fox raises my anticipation for the trade.

SABRINA THE TEENAGE WITCH: THE MAGIC WITHIN 4 TPB

Publisher: ARCHIE COMIC PUBLICATIONS

Script: Tania Del Rio

Art: Tania Del Rio, Chad Thomas, Lindsay Cibos, Jim Amash, Phil Felix, Teresa Davidson

Cover: Tania Del Rio, Jim Amash, Rosario “Tito” Peña

$10.99 U.S. / $11.99 CAN

5 ¼ x 7 ½”

Trade Paperback, 272 pages

The popular manga-style take on Sabrina the Teenage Witch returns with a fourth fantastic installment! Full of romance and the paranormal, Sabrina is torn between two worlds and two boys while attending both a mortal and magical high school. When Sabrina is granted a magic wand, will she be able to control the magnitude of magic it possesses, or will it control her? Throw in a hidden pirate ship, unicorns, elves and the battle of a lifetime, and you’re in for a whirlwind of supernatural suspense! It’s Sabrina as you’ve never seen her before in an enchanted adventure brought to you by super-talented writer/artist Tania Del Rio, collecting her acclaimed run on everyone’s favorite teenage witch! Sabrina the Teenage Witch: The Magic Within 4 collects Sabrina the Teenage Witch #90-100.

... but I won't be getting this one. I'm OK with this manga style in general, but it just looks wrong on Archie characters to me. I'm too steeped in Dan DeCarlo, I guess, and too old to change! I'll bet the target market thinks it's awesome, though, and that's as it should be.

SONIC UNIVERSE #60

Script: Ian Flynn

Art: Jamal Peppers, Jim Amash, Jack Morelli and Matt Herms

Cover: Tracy Yardley, Jim Amash and Matt Herms

"Alien Invasion" Variant cover by Vince Riley

Shadow and Team Dark versus an invading alien army! "Shadow Fall" Part Two: The mission to save humanity is falling to pieces! With Rouge, Omega and G.U.N. are on the run from murderous aliens and Shadow battling for his life – and his free will – against the malicious Black Death and Eclipse, the world is running out of time! Loyalties are tested, aliens are blasted, and NEW characters make their debut in this space-faring new issue! Featuring cover art from Tracy Yardley and an Alien Invasion Variant from Vincent Riley (Native Drums).

There's a reference to a character called Rouge in this solicitation, and -- to my surprise -- that really is her name. Usually when you see "rouge" on the Internet, it's someone misspelling "rogue." When you see Madame Rouge (actually Madame Rogue from Doom Patrol) it kinda works, but it's pretty startling to see "rouge elephant." Would that be a pink elephant with a sunburn?

DARK HORSE

#1 for $1: MASS EFFECT: FOUNDATION

(W) Mac Walters

(A) Omar Francia

(C) Michael Atiyeh

(Cover) Benjamin Carré

FC, 32 pages, $1.00

One-shot

Explore the vibrant, engaging world of BioWare’s blockbuster science fiction epic — for just $1! Mass Effect: Foundation starts with a bang, introducing readers to an enigmatic agent and revealing the story of her time spent on the violent mining colony of Themis!

AVATAR: THE LAST AIRBENDER -- THE SEARCH LIBRARY EDITION HC

#1 NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER!

(W) Michael Dante DiMartino, Bryan Konietzko, Gene Luen Yang

(A/C/Cover) Gurihiru

FC, 240 pages, $39.99

HC, 9” x 12”

The biggest mystery of Avatar — the fate of Fire Lord Zuko’s mother — is revealed in this remarkable oversized hardcover collecting parts 1-3 of The Search, from Airbender creators Michael Dante DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko!

Featuring annotations by Eisner Award–winning writer Gene Luen Yang (American-Born Chinese) and artistic team Gurihiru (Thor and the Warriors Four) and a brand-new sketchbook, this is a story that Avatar fans need in an edition they will love!

• The official continuation of Airbender from its creators and best-selling writer Gene Luen Yang!

• Collecting The Search Parts 1–3, with tons of extras!

“A wonderful reintroduction to the world of Aang and his merry band of benders.” — Nerdist

They keep promising it's the last airbender, but it never is.

AXE COP VOLUME 5: AXE COP GETS MARRIED AND OTHER STORIES TP

Axe Cop animated TV series now airing on FOX!

(W) Malachai Nicolle

(A/over) Ethan Nicolle

FC, 160 pages, $14.99

TP, 6 5/8” x 10 3/16”

After a messy divorce with Abraham Lincoln, Axe Cop is determined to find a new wife to help raise his newly adopted bat and monkey children in Axe Cop Gets Married! Also features the epic bowzer battle story The Dogs, multiple “Ask Axe Cop” episodes, guest comics, “Axe Cop Presents” and much more awesomeness!

Axe Cop Volume 1 has sold over 20,000 copies to date!

• Winner of a 2012 YALSA award!

• Foreword by Nick Offerman (Parks and Recreation)

Can you believe this series was born from the mind of a child? You can? Yeah, me too.

BAD BLOOD #2 (of 5)

Welcome to the vampire underground!

(W) Jonathan Maberry

(A/C) Tyler Crook

FC, 32 pages, $3.99

Miniseries

An unlikely ally aids our hero in his hunt for vampires. Using her expertise in the seedy underground, they travel to back alleys and dungeon haunts. But when the real vampires attack, will she become another casualty?

• Bram Stoker Award winner Jonathan Maberry (Ghost Road Blues)!

• Eisner Award winner Tyler Crook (B.P.R.D., The Sixth Gun).

Weirdly, the vampire victim above already has vampire fangs. Do they bite each other? Is that vampire sex maybe? Or has she just not taken a shower since turning? Hygiene is important, young lady! Do you want your potential victims to smell you coming?

BALTIMORE: CHAPEL OF BONES #2 (of 2)

THE FINAL SHOWDOWN!

(W) Mike Mignola, Christopher Golden

(A/Cover) Ben Stenbeck

(C) Dave Stewart

FC, 32 pages, $3.50

Miniseries

Vengeful and doomed, Lord Baltimore finally catches up with the vampire who murdered his family ... but it turns out the vampire has been waiting for him.

• From Hellboy creator Mike Mignola!

“It still takes something special to impose a unifying vision, and Mike Mignola and Christopher Golden have got it.” — The Wall Street Journal

The problem with trade-waiting is books like this, ones that I want to read RIGHT NOW.

BLOODHOUND: CROWBAR MEDICINE #4 (of 5)

(W) Dan Jolley

(P/Cover) Leonard Kirk

(I) Robin Riggs

(C) Moose Baumann

FC, 32 pages, $3.99

Miniseries

Cape hunter Travis Clevenger’s biggest case becomes his most personal! As Clev learns the terrible secret behind Dr. Morgenstern’s ability-granting Power Chip, he’s also reeling from the family tragedy it’s caused. All that’s left is the choice between self-destruction and unleashing brutality on a level even Clev’s never reached before!

• The penultimate chapter of the acclaimed series’ return!

• Dan Jolley (Prototype 2) and Leonard Kirk (X-Factor) don’t pull any punches!

“Five Brass Knuckle Sandwiches out of Five.” — Fanboy Comics

CATALYST COMIX #8 (of 9)

“Catalyst Comix is a must grab!”— Comics: The Gathering

Joe Casey (W)

Ulises Farinas, Paul Maybury, Dan McDaid (A)

Brad Simpson (C)

Paul Pope (Cover)

FC, 32 pages, $2.99

Miniseries

Things come to a head in the penultimate issue of the comics event of the year! The Agents of Change buck authority, but are they ready for the consequences? Frank Wells faces his demons! And Amazing Grace engages an alien menace in a cosmic battle royal!

• Joe Casey (Sex, The Bounce) pushes comics to its limits!

• Cover by Paul Pope (Batman: Year 100)!

• 28 pages of story at only $2.99!

CONAN: THE PHANTOMS OF THE BLACK COAST TP

First time in print!

(W) Victor Gischler

(A/Cover) Attila Futaki

(C) Jok

FC, 128 pages, $19.99

TP, 7’’ x 10’’

King Conan is haunted by the ghost of his first—and some say greatest—love. If he is to ever know peace again, he must put her spirit to rest. Who is the mysterious sorceress Conan enlists to aid him in his quest, even as she secretly plots against him? And can the barbarian survive the danger-filled journey across the never-ending ocean, back to the forbidding temple on the coast, where his lost love met her end? Collects Conan: The Phantoms of the Black Coast #1–#5.

• From the artist of The Lightning Thief and Scott Snyder’s Severed.

Waddayaknow, a Belit sequel. Has anyone done that before? You'd think so, but offhand I can't think of one.

CREEPY ARCHIVES VOLUME 1 HC

(W/A) Corben, Williamson, Wrightson, Severin, and more!

Various

FC, 288 pages, $49.99

HC, 8 3/8” x 10 7/8”

Fresh and bizarre terrors abound in Creepy Archives Volume 18, collecting issues #84–#88 of Warren Publishing’s flagship horror anthology. Reprinting issues themed around doomed sports scenarios, classic monsters, Christmas-time atrocities and the entrancing planet Mars, this beautiful hardcover also features all original fan pages and letter columns!

• Includes Bernie Wrightson’s illustrated poem “A Martian Saga.”

Both dark ... and darkly funny!

“With solid writing and unforgettable art ranging from ultra-realistic to bad acid trips, Creepy rightfully holds a place in comics history.” — Fangoria

I'll post some reviews of recent Creepy collections soon, but the nut graph is that these reprints are in a seriously good period right now. Almost nothing but big names.

EC ARCHIVES: THE VAULT OF HORROR VOLUME 3 HC

(W) Bill Gaines, Al Feldstein, Jerry De Fuccio

(W/A/C) Johnny Craig

(A) Graham Ingels, Joe Orlando, Jack Davis, Jack Kamen, George Evans

(C) Marie Severin, Carlos Badilla

FC, 216 pages, $49.99

HC, 8 3/16” x 11”

The Vault of Horror Volume 3 comes to you courtesy of Dark Horse Comics! Presenting twenty-four terrifying tales illustrated by timeless talents — Johnny Craig, Joe Orlando, Jack Davis, Jack Kamen, Graham Ingels, and George Evans — this terrorizing tome also features digitally remastered colors, based on the originals by Marie Severin! Collects The Vault of Horror issues #24–#29 in full color!  

• Dark Horse reprints the legendary horror comic series!

• Features stories drawn by all-star comic artists Johnny Craig, Graham Ingels, Joe Orlando, Jack Davis, Jack Kamen and George Evans!

Foreword by Mike Richardson!

Wheee!

FORBIDDEN WORLDS ARCHIVES VOLUME 3 HC

Exploring the Supernatural!

(W) Richard E. Hughes

(A) Ken Bald, Jon Blummer, Al Camy, Sam Cooper, Jay Disbrow, Art Gates, Harry Lazarus, Edvard Moritz, Charles Nicholas, Charles Quinlan, Pete Riccia, Charlie Sultan, and King Ward

FC, 224 pages, $49.99

HC, 6 5/8” x 10 3/16”

Chased by a wax sculpture of Adolf Hitler, cursed by a snake goddess and forced to marry an oozing swamp monster — life has never been easy for the residents of Forbidden Worlds! Issues #9 through #14 of this wonderfully bizarre 1950s anthology are collected in a deluxe hardcover, which features a new introduction from Timothy Truman (King Conan, Hawken) and contributions from golden age creators King Ward, Harry Lazarus, Charlie Sultan, Jon Blummer, and others.

• Features all original ads, text pieces, and letters columns!

I need to review some of these, too. Pre-code Forbidden Worlds was a little harsher than other (and later) ACG material -- but that's not saying much!

GRIMM'S JOURNAL

5 1/2” x 8 1/2” spiral-bound journal, foam underlay cover

128 pages, $12.99

As fans of the NBC hit series Grimm know, one of the key elements is the series of Grimm journals discovered by Nick in his aunt’s Airstream trailer. These record the encounters Grimms have had with the supernatural creatures known as Wesen.

The NBC production team has provided original art from the show props, subtly printed on the interior pages in duotone. This new journal is the perfect compendium for your exotic potion recipes and your own Wesen encounters.

GRINDHOUSE: DOORS OPEN AT MIDNIGHT #5 (of 8)

“Not to be missed.”—Comic Book Bin

(W) Alex de Campi

(A/C) Federica Manfredi

(Cover) Francesco Francavilla

FC, 32 pages, $3.99

Miniseries

Brace yourself for Grindhouse’s most disturbing tale yet! On what should be the happiest day of Branwyn’s life, atrocity beyond comprehension strikes. With everything she’s ever loved destroyed by reavers, all she has left is revenge, in “Bride of Blood”!

• Cover by Francesco Francavilla!

• Art by Hack/Slash and True Blood’s Federica Manfredi!

• Eisner nominee Alex de Campi (Smoke/Ashes)!

I have seen that face before! Was it on a movie poster? In a monster magazine? Is it Diana Rigg on a bad day? Seriously, I'm guessing a Hammer horror-movie still or poster from the 1960s or '70s, but I can't put my finger on it. Anybody know where this cover is swiped from?

JUICE SQUEEZERS #2 (of 4)

David Lapham’s scrawny kids versus giant bugs!

(W/A/Cover) David Lapham

(C) Lee Loughridge

FC, 32 pages, $3.99

Miniseries

When inquisitive Billy Farnsburger stumbles upon a group of his classmates digging around a series of intricate tunnels, it threatens to expose the covert Juice Squeezers before their secret mission can be accomplished. Oh, and don’t forget the dog-sized bugs Billy keeps seeing! This new town is definitely weird!

• David Lapham (Stray Bullets, The Strain) writes and draws a new creator-owned series!

• A new series spinning out of Dark Horse Presents!

“I’m ready for ... [a] full-length comic with these characters.” — Comic Book Resources

MASS EFFECT: FOUNDATION VOLUME 1 TP

Mass Effect’s lead writer does it again in this next installment of the sci-fi franchise.” — CultureMass

(W) Mac Walters

(A) Tony Parker, Omar Francia

(C) Michael Atiyeh

(Cover) Benjamin Carré

FC, 96 pages, $16.99

TP, 7’’ x 10’’

Introducing Rasa, a mysterious agent working behind the scenes for the Illusive Man and his human-survivalist paramilitary group, Cerberus! First, learn how she began her life as a covert operative—then, follow her investigations and witness formative events in the lives of signature characters Urdnot Wrex, Ashley Williams, and Kaidan Alenko! Collects issues #1–#4 of the Foundation series.

• From Mac Walters, lead writer of Mass Effect 2 and 3!

• Art by Tony Parker and Mass Effect veteran Omar Francia!

• Ties into the Mass Effect 3: Citadel DLC pack!

You need to be a member of Captain Comics to add comments!

Join Captain Comics

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• MICHAEL AVON OEMING'S VICTORIES #9

1936199269?profile=RESIZE_180x180(W/A/CA) Michael Avon Oeming

FC, $3.99

Following clues left behind by the world's most powerful superhero, Faustus is on a mission to stop the covert organization terrorizing the world. But when Lady Dragon gets in the way, the Victories suffer another loss ... for the "greater good."

By Eisner Award winner Michael Avon Oeming (cocreator of Powers).

#FindtheVictories

"The Victories continues to impress, and surprise." -- Unleash the Fanboy

The Victories™ © 2013 Michael Avon Oeming.

1801216885?profile=RESIZE_180x180THE OCCULTIST #5 (of 5)

1936201944?profile=RESIZE_180x180NORTON! SEELEY!

The creative team of Revival!

(W) Tim Seeley

(A) Mike Norton

(C) Allen Passalaqua

(Cover) Steve Morris

FC, 32 pages, $3.50

Miniseries

The final showdown! The Occultist faces off against the evil wizard who wants to steal our hero’s power! In the midst of a bloody confrontation, learn the secrets of the villain’s ruthless past, as well as the true purpose of the Occultist!

“Another hit for Dark Horse.” — Bloody Disgusting

1801216885?profile=RESIZE_180x180ROBERT E. HOWARD'S SAVAGE SWORD #7

1936204335?profile=RESIZE_180x180(W) Paul Tobin & Various

(A) Richard Pace & Various

(CA) Bill Moose Baumann, Nic Klein

FC, $7.99

This latest issue packs in the sword-swinging action! The treacherous origin story of swordswoman Dark Agnes concludes, while Pictish king Bran Mak Morn clashes with an ancient sorcerer in Men of the Shadows Part 3. Frontiersman Breckinridge Elkins gets a rather rude introduction to civilization, and, if that weren't enough, we have a 41-page John Buscema swashbuckler featuring Valeria the she-pirate!

1801216885?profile=RESIZE_180x180SHERLOCK HOLMES & VAMPIRES OF LONDON HC

1936206617?profile=RESIZE_180x180(W) Sylvain Cordurie

(A) Laci

(CA) Axel Gonzalbo, Jean-Sebastien Rossbach

FC, $17.99

Sherlock Holmes died fighting Professor Moriarty in the Reichenbach Falls. At least, that's what the press claims. However, Holmes is alive and well and taking advantage of his presumed death to travel the globe. Unfortunately, Holmes's plans are thwarted when a plague of vampirism haunts Britain.

THE STAR WARS #5

1936206940?profile=RESIZE_180x180Luke Skywalker vs. A Knight of the Sith!

(W) Jonathan Rinzler

(A) Mike Mayhew

(C) Rain Beredo

(Cover) Nick Runge

FC, 32 pages, $3.99

Ongoing

Remember the scene in Star Wars where the Sith Knight traps General Luke Skywalker, Princess Leia, Annikin Starkiller, and the alien Han Solo — and they have to fight their way free and steal an Imperial starship? No? That’s because this is The Star Wars — based on George Lucas’s original rough-draft screenplay! Experience a Star Wars that never was!

• Official eight-issue adaptation of George Lucas’s original rough-draft screenplay for Star Wars!

"Fans of the real Star Wars won't dare miss it, and rightly so; it's also worth checking out for anybody who likes a good space opera." — Comic Book Resources

"The Star Wars' is a pretty fun sci-fi comic. If I had no prior knowledge about how the story actually turned out, I think I'd just as interested and invested in how this story ends as I am now." — ScienceFiction.com

1801216885?profile=RESIZE_180x180STAR WARS LEGACY VOLUME 3 HC

1936209396?profile=RESIZE_180x180Legacy has long stood as one of the most interesting and original new additions to the Expanded Universe.” — IGN

(W) John Ostrander

(W/P/Cover) Jan Duursema

(P) Dave Ross

(I) Dan Parsons

(C) Brad Anderson, Jesus Aburto (C)

FC, 440 pages, $34.99

HC, 6” x 9”

Last heir to the legacy of the Skywalkers, Cade Skywalker is ready to turn his back on the galaxy for good. But as the rumored death of Sith Emperor Darth Krayt sets into motion a struggle for power ... it becomes clear to Cade that he is the true last hope for the galaxy. Collects Star Wars: Legacy Volumes 9–11, and Legacy #37–#40 from Legacy collection Volume 8.

• The perfect companion to the new Legacy series by Gabriel Hardman and Corinna Bechko!

• Handsome hardcover with dust jacket!

1801216885?profile=RESIZE_180x180TERMINATOR SALVATION: FINAL BATTLE #3

1936211816?profile=RESIZE_180x180(W) J. Michael Straczynski

(A/CA) Pete Woods

John Connor and his army of human resistance fighters have finally brought the battle to the machines, but a desperate chase is unfolding in the past that could render their valiant efforts futile!

The fates of Skynet and John Connor revealed!

Pete Woods (Superman, Deadpool) creates a beautiful, deadly future!

Halo © 2013 Microsoft Corporation.  All Rights Reserved.  Microsoft, Halo, the Halo logo, Xbox, and the Xbox logo are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies.1801216885?profile=RESIZE_180x180

DYNAMITE ENTERTAINMENT

BEST OF PANTHA THE WARREN STORIES HC

1936213905?profile=RESIZE_180x180Cover: Bob Larkin

Writers: Steve Skeates, Budd Lewis, Bill DuBay

Artists: Jose Gonzalez, Auraleon, Jeff Jones, Ramon Torrents, Gonzalo Mayo

Mature / 216 pages / $29.99

Born in ancient Egypt, the high priestess Sekhmet was cursed by the sun god Ra to walk the Earth forever as the feline heroine, Pantha! Dynamite proudly presents her very best tales from Vampirella magazine, reprinting her every appearance from the classic horror anthology where it all began. From her first appearances in solo adventures, through her inclusion into the regular cast of the ongoing Vampirella storyline, The Best of Pantha captures all the magic, mystery and malevolence of the immortal were-panther's early publishing history.

Featuring tales by legendary horror writers Steve Skeates, Budd Lewis, Rich Margopoulos and David Allikas, and brought to life by the incomparable artistic talents of Auraleon, Leo Duranona, Jose Ortiz, Alfredo Alcala, and Atoz!

I've been reviewing Warren's Vampirella as Dynamite has been publishing the collections, and if you've read those, you know that I find early Pantha's behavior appalling. She kills causally, and doesn't seem interested in much more than her next high or hook-up. People with an especially high mortality rate in Pantha stories are people who offer her a kind hand. I'm not sure why we were supposed to like Pantha, much less regard her as a "hero," per the solicitation above. She was nothing of the kind. "Protagonist" is perhaps the best word.

But feel free to read the collection above, if for no other reason than to see if the Captain is spot on, or is simply slipping into the high moral dudgeon of aged cranks. The artwork is often very good.

1801216885?profile=RESIZE_180x180CODENAME ACTION #5

1936215919?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936218162?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936220534?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936222638?profile=RESIZE_180x180Covers: Jae Lee (50%), Jonathan Lau (50%)

Writer: Chris Roberson

Art: Jonathan Lau

Variant cover by Art Baltazar

Teen + / 32 pages / $3.99

Infiltrating the secret island headquarters of the enemy, Operative 1001 and his allies manage to free the prisoners, and it seems that the day has been won. But when he learns the true identity of Dr. Thorpe, he discovers that the threat is much larger in scope than he had ever imagined, and that the danger is far from over.

1801216885?profile=RESIZE_180x180DAMSELS #12

1936222888?profile=RESIZE_180x180Covers: Aneke

Writer: Leah Moore & John Reppion

Artist: Aneke

NR / 32 pages / $3.99

As her sister witch-queens squabble, the loathsome Carabosse's quest for beauty sets her on the trail of the fairest damsel in the land. Meanwhile, deep beneath the ocean, the ancient and heartless Sea-Witch's conceit renders her blind to the threat she has welcomed into her midst. And in the lush green foothills nearby, Rapa and her noble band suffer the bitter taste of heroism.

1801216885?profile=RESIZE_180x180DEJAH THORIS & GREEN MEN OF MARS VOL 1: RED MEAT TP

1936224939?profile=RESIZE_180x180Cover: Jay Anacleto

Writer: Mark Rahner

Artists: Lui Antonio

Mature / 96+ pages / $16.99

The peace John Carter brought to Helium and Thark is new and fragile. On the eve of a Red & Green festival to balm age-old hatreds, Dejah Thoris is kidnapped. The ordeal triggers her lingering nightmares of abuse and helplessness at the hands of brutal Tharks. And the kidnapper is nightmare personified: Voro. He caters to a taste some green men never lost: the red meat of Helium women. Contains #1-4, all of Jay Anacleto's beautiful covers, and a risque art cover gallery.

Did the Tharks eat Heliumites in the original books? I read them in junior high and don't remember. It's not likely the comic books would introduce such a shocking element on their own, but then again, these books aren't sanctioned by ERB Inc. and they are free to do what they like.

1801216885?profile=RESIZE_180x180GRIMM: THE WARLOCK #3 (OF 4)

1936227209?profile=RESIZE_180x180Covers: Greg Smallwood

Writer: Jai Nitz

Art: Jose Malaga

Nick and Sgt. Wu are wrapped up in a murder during Chinese New Year. The crime involves international politics and international Wesen. Can Nick solve the crime and keep his status as a Grimm hidden from Wu? Read the comic based on the hit NBC show.

1801216885?profile=RESIZE_180x180MARK WAID'S GREEN HORNET #9

1936229280?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936231330?profile=RESIZE_180x180Covers: Paolo Rivera

Writer: Mark Waid

Art: Ronilson Freire

Variant cover by Jonathan Lau

The Hornet's "criminal empire" has expanded -- and now he's on the radar of J. Edgar Hoover! The Green Hornet is Public Enemy Number One! Targeted by the law and organized crime, not even Britt Reid's fortune can buy Hornet and Kato out of this fix!

Leave it to Mark Waid to get me interested in a character as bland as the Green Hornet. J. Edgar Hoover? That should be a hoot.

1801216885?profile=RESIZE_180x180JENNIFER BLOOD #36

1936233365?profile=RESIZE_180x180Covers: Colton Worley

Writer: Mike Carroll

Artist: Kewber Baal

Mature / 32 pages / $3.99

FINAL ISSUE!!! Seriously wounded, betrayed, and captured, Jen faces her ultimate challenge. ... But an unexpected ally brings renewed hope, and she discovers that -- maybe -- there could be one final chance for something she has long believed to be impossible: redemption.

1801216885?profile=RESIZE_180x180NOIR #4 (OF 5)

1936233529?profile=RESIZE_180x180Covers: Ardian Syaf

Writer: Victor Gischler

Art: Andrea Mutti

Rating: Teen + / 32 pages / $3.99

In the Labyrinth of the Templars, The Black Sparrow and Miss Fury follow the deranged villains Orlando and Minerva on a trail of a lost treasure. Along the way, they dodge traps and pitfalls and learn of the Templar connection to the Mohawk Tribe. Will the ladies be forced to join forces with the bad guys to attain their goal, or will one stab the other in the back at the first opportunity. Blazing guns, snapping bullwhips and the looming shroud of betrayal await you in the next issue of Noir.

I'm not going to make my usual "demented flight attendant" joke about Black Sparrow's outfit, but now I'm going to make fun of her name. If you were going to launch a superhero career, would you name yourself after one of the most harmless of birds? I think I'd go for something a little more intimidating. If it had to be birds, I'd go with Raptor or Vulture or something. Sure, Robin got away with it, but he was introduced almost 75 years ago -- if he was introduced today, he'd be DarkBloodDeathHawk or something.

1801216885?profile=RESIZE_180x180SHADOW #22

1936235612?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936237605?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936239697?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936241816?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: Chris Roberson

Artist: Giovanni Timpano

Main Cover: Alex Ross

Variant Cover: Cris Bolson

Variant cover by Dennis Calero

The search for the Girasol's secret has lead The Shadow from the dark streets of Manhattan to the snowy wastes of Siberia and the vaunted peaks of the Himalayas. Now his journey brings him to the steaming jungles of Guatemala. But is he one step closer to the mystery's solution, or his own grave?

Wait, "vaunted" peaks of the Himalayas? Did they mean "vaulted" peaks, perhaps? Because vaunted implies they are less impressive than they are described, and I doubt that is so.

1801216885?profile=RESIZE_180x180THE SPIDER #17

1936244098?profile=RESIZE_180x180Covers: Colton Worley

Writer: David Liss

Artist: Ivan Rodriguez

Brought low by his enemies, the Spider has lost the means to carry on his crusade against crime, but not the will. Now it is time to strike back. The Spider wipes the slate clean and takes his pulpy revenge on those who have targeted him, but he's about to find out that their hooks go far deeper into his life than he ever imagined.

This was solicited for Oct. 16. What makes a book promised to a publisher three months late? And why would the publisher ever schedule anything by those creators again until it was in hand? Unless it was the publisher's fault -- which it may be, because a lot of Dynamite material runs late. Still, it boggles the mind.

1801216885?profile=RESIZE_180x180THE TWILIGHT ZONE #2

1936246260?profile=RESIZE_180x180Covers: Francesco Francavilla

Writer: J. Michael Straczynski

Art: Guiu Vilanova

Wall Street magnate Trevor Richmond has succeeded in finding a way to avoid going to prison for embezzling millions from investors. He has a new life, a new name, a new face and a new past. No one can ever come looking for him. It's everything he could possibly have asked for. Until he discovers someone who lives in his house, his life, with his name, his lover, and worse still, his own face. A total stranger has stolen everything he is, was, and hoped to be ... and he's not about to let that theft go unanswered, no matter what it may cost him.

1801216885?profile=RESIZE_180x180VAMPIRELLA #38

1936248649?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936250791?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: Brandon Jerwa

Artist: Heubert Kahn Michael

Fabiano Neves Cover

Lucio Parrillo Cover

Teen + / 40 pages / $4.99

Final issue!!! Lock the doors and close the curtains, loyal readers. The time has come for The Last Vampirella Story. Who's telling it? Who's listening to it? And who saw it coming before anyone else? What will become of our beloved Vampirella, and her vast array of friends, foes, and family members? It's the end of the world as we know it ... for now.

Help me out here, Legionnaires.

From my perspective, the primary selling point of both Vampirella and the various Dejah Thoris books is cheesecake. But if that's true, then why is the better-known character the one getting canceled?

All I can figure is that the Dejah Thoris books will disappear soon as well, or that Vampirella had insufficient cheesecake or -- dare I say it? -- there's more here than T&A, and I have been missing out on some quality storytelling in the Dejah Thoris books.

What's the score, Dynamite readers? Howcum Vampy's going and Dejah's staying?

1801216885?profile=RESIZE_180x180WARLORD OF MARS DEJAH THORIS #35

1936250870?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936251137?profile=RESIZE_180x180Covers: Jay Anacleto (50%), Fabiano Neves (50%)

Writer: Robert Place Napton

Artist: Carlos Rafael

Mature / 32 pages / $3.99

Following recent events, Dejah Thoris has sheltered a young orphan, but she may have gotten more than she bargained for when the resourceful child proves to have her own agenda and escapes. Meanwhile, an assassin with a score to settle has set his sights on the same young girl. Dejah must find her before the assassin does!

If you look closely at the cover above right, Dejah is leading her warriors into battle in a desert ... while wearing high heels. She'd better take 'em off, or plan on spending the rest of her life on that little rock.

1801216885?profile=RESIZE_180x180ZORRO RIDES AGAIN VOL 2: WRATH OF LADY ZORRO TP

1936251247?profile=RESIZE_180x180Cover: Matt Wagner

Writer: Matt Wagner

Artists: John K. Snyder III

Teen + / 152 pages / $19.99

"Justice, justice for all!" With this rallying cry, the daring adventurer Zorro fights to unseat the brutal Spanish regime that holds authority over Alta California. Striking by night astride his magnificent stallion, Diego de la Vega keeps his identity secret, acting alone to protect those he loves. But he is no longer the only masked figure stalking the corrupt, as the mysterious Lady Zorro takes up a sword of her own. Driven by revenge for her murdered family, she strikes down her enemies indiscriminately, offering them no mercy. Although Zorro serves as her inspiration, he cannot condone her actions. Are they destined to face one another as enemies? Or will the distraction of their moral conflict make them easy prey for the bloody killer, El Galgo? Collects issues #7-12 of Zorro Rides again!

As difficult as it is to swallow the idea that nobody can guess Zorro's secret ID, I think it even less plausible that a woman could get away with it in that era and culture. The number of women in the early 1800s in the Puebla de los Angeles who fit Lady Zorro's physical description, had training in fencing and riding, had enough money to finance her crusade, was young enough for the rigors and was somehow unattended by her Duena often enough to be Lady Zorro would probably number about "one."

Still, it's all fun stuff, not to be thought about too seriously. And with Matt Wagner writing, how bad could it be?

1801216885?profile=RESIZE_180x180

• DC COMICS

ACTION COMICS #28

1936208241?profile=RESIZE_180x180Written by GREG PAK

Art and cover by AARON KUDER

1:25 Steampunk variant cover by DAVE JOHNSON

32 pg, FC, $3.99 US • RATED T

This issue will ship with two covers.

Who or what is the Ghost Soldier, and what mysterious ties does he have to The Man of Steel? Will he side with Superman as he is caught in the middle of the military’s battle with subterranean monsters?

1801215765?profile=RESIZE_180x180BATMAN BLACK AND WHITE #6

1936208403?profile=RESIZE_180x180Written by CLIFF CHIANG, DAVE TAYLOR, OLLY MOSS, ADAM HUGHES and DAVE JOHNSON

Art by CLIFF CHIANG, DAVE TAYLOR, BECKY CLOONAN, ADAM HUGHES and DAVE JOHNSON

Cover by DOUG MAHNKE

48 pg, B&W, 6 of 6, $4.99 US • RATED T

The final issue of the new BATMAN BLACK AND WHITE miniseries is here, with stories written and illustrated by Cliff Chiang, Dave Taylor, Olly Moss and Becky Cloonan, Adam Hughes and Dave Johnson!

1801215765?profile=RESIZE_180x180BATMAN: JOKER’S DAUGHTER #1

1936208489?profile=RESIZE_180x180Written by MARGUERITE BENNETT

Art by MEGHAN HETRICK

Cover by GEORGES JEANTY

One-shot • 48 pg, FC, $4.99 US • RATED T

Who is The Joker’s Daughter? What horrors lurk in the mind of this deranged lunatic, and why is there more to her than meets the eye? More than just a crazy person who stumbled upon The Joker’s face, more than just a woman with a mission, The Joker’s Daughter sees herself as a woman on the path of greed, dominance and lordship over the Gotham Underground. This special issue tells a sordid tale in the life of one of DC’s most popular new villains!

Is this a reprint? I thought they told this story already.

1801215765?profile=RESIZE_180x180BATWING #28

1936210711?profile=RESIZE_180x180Written by JUSTIN GRAY and JIMMY PALMIOTTI

Art by EDUARDO PANSICA and JULIO FERREIRA

Cover by MIKE McKONE

32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T

Welcome to Gothtopia! Die happy! A blast from Batwing’s past is back to menace him!

1801215765?profile=RESIZE_180x180DC COMICS PRESENTS: HARLEY QUINN #1

1936210854?profile=RESIZE_180x180Written by PAUL DINI, JAMES PATRICK, MARIS WICKS and others

Art by YVEL GUICHET, BRUCE TIMM, RONNIE DEL CARMEN, JOE QUINONES, ROB HAYNES and others • Cover by ALEX ROSS

96 pg, FC, $7.99 US

The Joker’s deadly sweetie stars in this new title collecting BATMAN: HARLEY QUINN #1, JOKER’S ASYLUM II: HARLEY QUINN #1, and stories from BATMAN: GOTHAM KNIGHTS #14, COUNTOWN #10, BATMAN GOTHAM KNIGHTS #30 and BATMAN BLACK AND WHITE #1.

This is sort of a Best Hits of Harley's Old 52 incarnation, and I recommend it if you haven't read most of these before.

1801215765?profile=RESIZE_180x180DEATHSTROKE VOL. 2: LOBO HUNT TP

1936213085?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936213119?profile=RESIZE_180x180Written by ROB LIEFELD and JOSHUA WILLIAMSON

Art by ROB LIEFELD, EDUARDO PANSICA and MARIAH BENES

Cover by AARON KUDER

RESOLICIT • 296 pg, FC, $19.99 US

For anybody else, hunting Lobo would be suicide. For Deathstroke, it’s just business as usual. But can Slade Wilson handle the power of the intergalactic slaver and last Czarnian? He’ll need some help and he’ll be getting it from Zealot in these stories from DEATHSTROKE #9-20 and 0. Retailers: This title is resolicited. All previous orders are cancelled.

I stopped reading The New 52 Deathstroke around issue, let's see, carry the three, minus six  (rustle, rustle) ... issue #2. Did I miss anything before it was canceled?

1801215843?profile=RESIZE_180x180DETECTIVE COMICS #28

1936213226?profile=RESIZE_180x180Written by JOHN LAYMAN

Art by AARON LOPRESTI

Cover by JASON FABOK

1:25 Steampunk variant cover by KLAUS JANSON

32 pg, FC, $3.99 US • RATED T

Combo pack edition: $4.99 US

This issue will ship with three covers.

Welcome to Gothtopia! Die happy! The Scarecrow makes the ultimate bid for control of Gotham City’s citizens — so why is everybody so happy about it? Nothing is as it seems as the strange gets stranger in “Gothtopia,” part 2 of 3.

This issue is also offered as a combo pack edition with a redemption code for a digital download of this issue.

1801215765?profile=RESIZE_180x180DIAL H VOL. 2: EXCHANGE TP

1936215685?profile=RESIZE_180x180Written by CHINA MIEVILLE

Art by ALBERTO PONTICELLI and DAN GREEN

Cover by BRIAN BOLLAND

240 pg, FC, $16.99 US

In these stories from issues #7-15 and JUSTICE LEAGUE #23.3: DIAL E, Nelson and Roxie must unlock the mysteries of the H-dial while being stalked by the mysterious Centipede. It will take every ounce of courage and luck for our unlikely heroes to discover the secrets of the H-dials before their enemy finds them!

I mildly enjoyed the first trade, but not enough that I'm panting to read this one. Any recommendations, Legionnaires, or should I pass it by?

1801215843?profile=RESIZE_180x180DMZ DELUXE EDITION BOOK ONE HC

1936217907?profile=RESIZE_180x180Written by BRIAN WOOD

Art by RICCARDO BURCHIELLI

Cover by BRIAN WOOD

304 pg, FC, 7.0625” x 10.875”, $29.99 US • MATURE READERS

The first 12 issues of Brian Wood’s acclaimed series are collected in hardcover for the first time! In this near future epic, photojournalist Matty Roth lands a dream gig following a war journalist into the heart of the DMZ. Things soon go terribly wrong, and Matty finds himself lost and alone in a world he’s only seen on television.

This is probably heresy, but when these issues established the fault line for the Second Civil War as New York City, my suspension of disbelief popped like a cheap balloon and I stopped reading.

There are real divisions in this country, some of them pretty scary, and I would be mesmerized by a story that addressed those. But none of those divisions are anywhere near the Hudson River, which is laughably far away from where actual, real-life militias exist. If such a war happened, and those guys got as far as NYC, the war would be over. Such a war would be decided in the boonies of Arkansas and Idaho, not the Northeast.

I've heard it argued that DMZ uses New York as a metaphor for the whole country, but I really don't care. New York is NOT a metaphor for America -- it's a very specific place that, while nice, is very, very different from the rest of the country. Not bad-different, but as different from, say, Texas as Florida is from Oregon.

Plus, I'm sick of every story being set in New York. Sure, many of then need to be set there, and that's fine. But here was a chance to do a story set somewhere else, and they went back to the same well anyway. Disappointing.

EARTH 2 #20

1936217973?profile=RESIZE_180x180Written by TOM TAYLOR

Art by BARRY KITSON

Cover by JAE LEE

1:25 Steampunk variant cover by DAN PANOSIAN

Superman’s plans for Earth 2 finally come to light as Batman, Hawkgirl and Red Tornado join a new ally who could turn the tide in the war with Apokolips.

The Earth 2 and Worlds' Finest annuals shed some light on this planet's history, and I quite enjoyed them. Not sure what's going here, though, as I trade-wait.

1801215765?profile=RESIZE_180x180FABLES DELUXE EDITION BOOK EIGHT HC

1936220284?profile=RESIZE_180x180Written by BILL WILLINGHAM

Art by MARK BUCKINGHAM,

STEVE LEIALOHA and ANDREW PEPOY

Cover by JAMES JEAN

RESOLICIT • 232 pg, FC, 7.0625” x 10.875”,

$29.99 US MATURE READERS

In these tales from FABLES #60-63 and 65-69, Flycatcher is drawn into the spotlight as he discovers the truth about his own past as the Frog Prince. Introduction by Taran Killam (Saturday Night Live) and Cobie Smulders (How I Met Your Mother).

Retailers: This title is resolicited. All previous orders are canceled.

Why did they identify Cobie Smulders as being in How I Met Your Mother as opposed to being in ... oh, I dunno, Marvel's The Avengers? It's almost like they don't like Marvel or something ...

1801267667?profile=RESIZE_180x180FAIREST #23

1936223152?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936223205?profile=RESIZE_180x180Written by MARC ANDREYKO

Art by SHAWN McMANUS

Cover by ADAM HUGHES

32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • MATURE READERS

“Of Men and Mice” continues as Cinderella’s search for answers about the rodent/mundy hybrids takes her across the globe! How do these “mice men” tie into Cindy’s past? What is their endgame? And will Cindy figure things out before disaster falls on Fabletown? All this and a shocking appearance by ... oh, well that would be telling!

1801215843?profile=RESIZE_180x180THE FLASH VOL. 2: ROGUES REVOLUTION TP

1936226675?profile=RESIZE_180x180Written by FRANCIS MANAPUL and BRIAN BUCCELLATO

Art by FRANCIS MANAPUL, MARCUS TO, MARCIO TAKARA, SCOTT KOLINS and others

Cover by FRANCIS MANAPUL

RESOLICIT • 176 pg, FC, $16.99 US

The Rogues Gallery is united for the first time in The New 52 in this title collecting issues #0, 9-12 and THE FLASH ANNUAL #1! Who is behind their sudden organization, and why are they after their Captain Cold?

Retailers: This title is resolicited. All previous orders are canceled.

Manapul's Scarlet Speedster has had a nice, ahem, run. I just read the third collection in hardback, and while it's not Watchmen, it's been a good ride. You would not be remiss reading this one for plain ol' superhero fun.

1801215843?profile=RESIZE_180x180FOREVER EVIL #5

1936227047?profile=RESIZE_180x180Written by GEOFF JOHNS

Art and cover by DAVID FINCH and RICHARD FRIEND

1:100 Variant cover by IVAN REIS and JOE PRADO

1:50 Variant cover by ETHAN VAN SCIVER

1:25 Variant cover by ETHAN VAN SCIVER

32 pg, FC, 5 of 7, $3.99 US 

RATED T • Combo pack edition: $4.99 US

This issue will ship with five covers.

With everything to lose, Lex Luthor and his Injustice League raid the stronghold of the Crime Syndicate with consequences so devastating, the DC Universe will never be the same!

This issue is also offered as a combo pack edition with a redemption code for a digital download of this issue.

I confess to some curiosity to see how Batman, with his Manichean worldview, handles himself among this crew. Strange bedfellows, indeed!

1801215843?profile=RESIZE_180x180FOREVER EVIL: ARKHAM WAR #5

1936227092?profile=RESIZE_180x180Written by PETER J. TOMASI

Art by SCOT EATON and JAIME MENDOZA

Cover by JASON FABOK

1:25 B&W Variant cover by JASON FABOK

32 pg, 5 of 6, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T

Bane must face Scarecrow’s army of criminal psychopaths who have been enhanced by his Venom toxin! The fate of Gotham City hangs in the balance as Bane faces odds even he might not be able to beat!

1801215765?profile=RESIZE_180x180GREEN ARROW #28

1936227194?profile=RESIZE_180x180Written by JEFF LEMIRE

Art and cover by ANDREA SORRENTINO

“We Can Be Heroes” blank variant cover available

“The Outsiders War” part 3! If you’re still in shock over the end of last issue, just wait until you see happens next! Nothing could have prepared Green Arrow for this!

I have to say, I lost interest in this character when The New 52 de-aged Green Arrow and jettisoned his hard-won experience and savvy. I'm a little weary of stories about young superheroes learning the ropes, especially when they already did so in a previous incarnation! Now Oliver Queen is a naive newbie being manipulated by various people who all know what's going on more than he does -- and has, as a result, become to me the least interesting character in his own book! I'd rather read about the mysterious people who do know what's going on, because they're all experts in their various fields and have the wisdom of age and experience. You know, like Oliver Queen used to.

1801215765?profile=RESIZE_180x180GREEN LANTERN/RED LANTERNS #28

1936227379?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936229195?profile=RESIZE_180x180Written by ROBERT VENDITTI and CHARLES SOULE

Art by BILLY TAN and ALESSANDRO VITTI

GREEN LANTERN Cover by BILLY TAN

RED LANTERNS Cover by STEPHEN SEGOVIA

48 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T

Combo pack edition: $3.99 US

Don’t miss this amazing flip-issue with two covers at a special price of just $2.99! This DOUBLE ISSUE contains both GREEN LANTERN #28 and RED LANTERNS #28! With dozens of sectors in open rebellion against the Green Lantern Corps, Hal Jordan is faced with a crisis in the sector most important to him: 2814, home of Earth … as well as Ysmault, home of the Red Lanterns. Hal made a dangerous bargain with Guy Gardner, and now it’s time to pay up! Plus: Guy and the Red Lanterns take over policing Sector 2814! And you’ll want to keep reading RED LANTERNS next month to see what happens to their newest member: SUPERGIRL!

Have they ditched that whole thing of Red Lanterns not having hearts after they convert? Originally, once you became a Red Lantern you had to remain a Red Lantern, or you'd die -- because you no longer had a heart!

But that must not be the case any more, because Guy has come back from being a Red Lantern once, And Hal has to, I think, and they're sure not going to kill off Supergirl, so it must not be the one-way street it used to be. Did I miss something?

As to this weird combined-title thing, what it says to me is "Red Lanterns needs a sales boost." But I could just be cynical.

1801215765?profile=RESIZE_180x180HINTERKIND #5

1936231471?profile=RESIZE_180x180Written by IAN EDGINTON

Art by FRANCESCO TRIFOGLI

Cover by GREG TOCCHINI

32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • MATURE READERS

Don’t miss out on the book IGN praises as “weird. And then, once you’ve accepted that level of weird, it just keeps getting weirder.” There’s no predicting what twists and turns writer Ian Edginton will take in this story that Bloody Disgusting calls “Fast-moving and action-packed … [HINTERKIND] takes readers on an entertaining ride through the apocalypse.” And that apocalypse is not even close to what anyone could ever imagine. Keep reading to see how Starla, the bad fairy, and Jubal, her ogre sidekick, escape the subterranean city, while Sidhe Queen Telsche revels in her West Coast Kingdom before her power is slowly stripped away.

1801215765?profile=RESIZE_180x180JLA VOL. 4 TP

1936233312?profile=RESIZE_180x180Written by GRANT MORRISON, MARK WAID and D. CURTIS JOHNSON

Art by HOWARD PORTER, MARK PAJARILLO and others

Cover by HOWARD PORTER and JOHN DELL

384 pg, FC, $24.99 US

In this latest trade paperback collecting JLA #36-46, the team is up against a new, deadly Injustice Gang led by Lex Luthor. And then, Ra’s al Ghul continues his quest to save Earth from its inhabitants by thinning the ranks of humanity – starting with the Justice League!

1801215843?profile=RESIZE_180x180LOONEY TUNES #217

1936235287?profile=RESIZE_180x180Written by SCOTT GROSS

Art by ROBERT POPE and SCOTT McRAE

Cover by SCOTT GROSS

32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED E

When Elmer Fudd invades the idyllic serenity of Bugs Bunny’s pastoral home, he brings along thousands of music fans and sets up a music festival! Now that Bugs can’t listen to his carrot-needled phonograph under the hail of noise, a confrontation is bound to set off sparks!

1801215765?profile=RESIZE_180x180THE MOVEMENT #9

1936237379?profile=RESIZE_180x180Written by GAIL SIMONE

Art by FREDDIE WILLIAMS II

Cover by RAGS MORALES

32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T+

Batgirl comes to Coral City in pursuit of a superhuman who is trying to join the Movement! And Burden’s terrifying brother attempts to bring him back home and away from the influence of his friends!

1801215765?profile=RESIZE_180x180THE RAVAGERS VOL. 2: HEAVENLY DESTRUCTION TP

1936239549?profile=RESIZE_180x180Written by MICHAEL ALAN NELSON and TONY BEDARD

Art by IG GUARA, DIOGENES NEVES and others

Cover by KEN LASHLEY

144 pg, FC, $14.99 US

Someone claiming to be Terra’s brother comes to the team in these stories from issues #8-12 and 0. Unfortunately, Deathstroke the Terminator isn’t far behind him. The Ravagers are having serious trust issues already, so a visit from the world’s deadliest assassin won’t help.

Wow, I forgot this book ever existed. How long did it last, 12 issues? I read the first issue and it was so bad I had sort of a tissue-rejection reaction and forgot it instantly.

1801215843?profile=RESIZE_180x180STORMWATCH #28

1936241601?profile=RESIZE_180x180Written by JIM STARLIN

Art by YVEL GUICHET and LE BEAU UNDERWOOD

Cover by CHRIS BATISTA and LIVESAY

Extremax and Jenny return to Earth as the final battle with the Kollective looms on the horizon!

This book will be canceled soon, and it can't happen soon enough for me. I have a problem with it conceptually, in that in a world with three Justice League teams, the Teen Titans, A.R.G.U.S., the DEO, the Suicide Squad, and God knows what else, there is no need or even room for a team like this. Plus, it is such a pale, sad shadow of what this book was under Ellis and Millar that I can't bear to read it. It's like visiting a relative with Alzheimer's.

• STRANGE ADVENTURES TP

1936210364?profile=RESIZE_180x180Written by BRIAN AZZARELLO, PAUL CORNELL, LAUREN BEUKES,

JEFF LEMIRE, MICHAEL ALLRED, ANDY DIGGLE and others

Art by EDUARDO RISSO, INAKI MIRANDA, GORAN SUDZUKA, SEBASTIAN FIUMARA and others

Cover by PAUL POPE

160 pg, FC, $14.99 US • MATURE READERS

Don’t miss these tales from STRANGE ADVENTURES #1 and MYSTERY IN SPACE #1! From the far reaches of space to the not so distant future, Vertigo brings you science-fiction as only we can!

I read both of the anthologies that are combined to form this collection, and they were pretty good. I recommend this, unless you just don't enjoy the sci-fi/suspense genres or anthologies in general.

1801215843?profile=RESIZE_180x180SUPERMAN FAMILY ADVENTURES VOL. 2 TP

1936212556?profile=RESIZE_180x180Written by ART BALTAZAR and FRANCO

Art and cover by ART BALTAZAR

128 pg, FC, $12.99 US

Superman! Superboy! Supergirl! Krypto the Superdog! The entire Superman family is here in this title collecting issues #7-12 of the all ages series. The heroes of Metropolis face such foes as Zod, Brainiac, and Toyman!

1801267524?profile=RESIZE_180x180SWAMP THING #28

1936214839?profile=RESIZE_180x180Written by CHARLES SOULE

Art and cover by JAVI PINA

At last, the origin of the mysterious Capucine, including the revelation of the threat so deadly – it’s enough to make a thousand-year-old assassin run for help! Plus, the fateful decision Swamp Thing made last issue will have consequences that he – and the world – could never have seen coming!

1801215765?profile=RESIZE_180x180TRILLIUM #7

1936217027?profile=RESIZE_180x180Written by JEFF LEMIRE

Art and cover by JEFF LEMIRE

32 pg, FC, 7 of 8, $2.99 US • MATURE READERS

The penultimate issue of Vertigo’s acclaimed sci-fi epic is here, and Nika and William are out of time—literally! The last love story ever told nears its conclusion ... but what waits beyond the end of the universe? You’ll have to read to find out!

1801215765?profile=RESIZE_180x180TRINITY OF SIN: THE PHANTOM STRANGER #16

1936217095?profile=RESIZE_180x180Written by J.M. DeMATTEIS

Art by FERNANDO BLANCO

Cover by GUILLEM MARCH

“FOREVER EVIL: BLIGHT” continues! The Justice League Dark infiltrates the Crime Syndicate – by striking an unholy alliance with Aquaman’s evil doppelganger: The Sea King! Continues in this month’s CONSTANTINE #11!

1801215765?profile=RESIZE_180x180THE VAMPIRE DIARIES #2

1936217129?profile=RESIZE_180x180Written by B. CLAY MOORE

Art by TONY SHASTEEN

Cover by CAT STAGGS

40 pg, FC, $3.99 US • DIGITAL FIRST

In “Home for the Holidays,” when Stefan makes a clandestine Christmas visit to Mystic Falls, his battles against an unexpected group of vampires distract him from the town’s Winter Party. But his Uncle Zach, worried about high school sophomore Elena Gilbert, takes matters (and a sprig of vervain!) into his own hands anyway. Then, see how Alaric Saltzman began his training as a vampire hunter!

I read the first issue of this, and it read like a one-shot. It also read really fey. It starred three guys who'd been alive since the Civil War -- two vampires and a witch -- who had to meet up every 23 years, so they had met up many times. But apparently they weren't really fond of each other, and were real catty to each other, in a high-school Mean Girls kinda way. They were also trying to kill each other, but in such a slap-fight manner that it didn't seem any of them were trying very hard, so I was almost surprised when one of them did die. But again, no one seemed very troubled by any of this, as the other two were all like, "Well, he's dead. What's for lunch?" Frankly, it almost read like a parody.

Is that what the show is like? Is everybody gay and shallow? Just curious. I don't intend to read another issue.

IDW PUBLICATIONS

DEADWORLD: RESTORATION #3 (of 4)

1936217143?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936217345?profile=RESIZE_180x180(W) Gary Reed

(A/C) Sami Makkonen

Variant cover by series artist Sami Makkonen

32 pages • $3.99

The few leper survivors find out about the strength and ferocity of the grakken while Bowker must confront Moloch and the two of them, put their plans into motion. But are they really working together?

Donna, still desperate to retrieve her daughter, sends a massive army of zombies to attack New Washington. Continuing the saga of the long running zombie classic!

1936206160?profile=RESIZE_180x180GATE WAY #2 (FORMERLY PURGATORY)

1936219637?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936219736?profile=RESIZE_180x180(W) Joe Halpin Sr

(A/CA) Moyano Juanfrancisco

$3.99

Jake Ryan abandons the safety of Hope Town to explore the cold depths of the city proper. Will he adjust to the anarchic city of the dead? As he struggles to find the ghosts of his past, and confront old regrets, he will find that even in Purgatory some mistakes can follow you to the grave.

An all-new creation from Joe Halpin Sr., writer on TV’s Hawaii Five-O!

I'm not sure why I have covers with two different logos. I think the one on the left is the one I received last, so maybe it's an update.

1801216885?profile=RESIZE_180x180G.I. JOE #13 $3.99

1936222002?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936224233?profile=RESIZE_180x180(W) Paul Allor

(A) Alex Cal & Various

(CA) Steve Kurth

THE SECRET HISTORY OF COBRA COMMANDER!

BARONESS leads COBRA's newest recruit, the enigmatic SIREN, on a journey through history to the earliest days of COBRA ... but what is SIREN's secret?

1936206160?profile=RESIZE_180x180HAUNTED HORROR #9

1936226332?profile=RESIZE_180x180$3.99

This issue digs up a bevy of more grisly, gory, gratuitous comics that were banned in the fifties and should probably be banned again -- but we're publishing this sick stuff anyway!  Amazing spine-tingling art, bizarro stories ... the kind horror fans love!

I can't help but feel that IDW is kinda double-dipping here, taking public-domain material and publishing it as a comic book before collecting it and selling it again. Maybe I'm just jealous I didn't think of it first, but I feel sorta dirty sometimes reading these books, and not in a good way.

1936206160?profile=RESIZE_180x180THE ILLEGITIMATES #3 (of 6)

1936228248?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936230813?profile=RESIZE_180x180(W) Taran Killam & Marc Andreyko

(A/C) Kevin Sharpe

Variant cover by Jerry Ordway

32 pages • $3.99

The Illegitimates strike out on their first mission as a team! Dannikor's plan revealed! Mom’s in peril!

And, WHO is the mole in the OLYMPUS organization? Spy-jinks galore as things get messy!

1936206160?profile=RESIZE_180x180INDESTRUCTIBLE #3 (of 4)

1936232729?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936232920?profile=RESIZE_180x180(W) Jeff Kline

(A) Javi Garron & Salvi Garcia

(C) Jose Lopez

Variant cover from Bernard Chang

32 pages • $3.99

For Greg Pincus, life as the world's newest superhero isn't all groupies and Goldschlager.

Between fielding calls from rival super teams, shopping for the right agent, and finding a costume that doesn't bind, things have gotten pretty chaotic.

Worst of all, Greg has a secret: he doesn't actually possess any superpowers! As enemies gather in the shadows, Greg quickly realizes that keeping his secret could mean the difference between life and death. For himself … and everyone around him.

Groupies and Goldschlager? Is that a thing, like "cocaine and prostitutes"?

1936206160?profile=RESIZE_180x180JUDGE DREDD CLASSICS #8

1936233014?profile=RESIZE_180x180(W) John Wagner, Alan Grant

(A) Carlos Ezquerra

(CA) Jim Fern

$3.99

Dredd and his crack team of judges have infiltrated the borders of Mega-City One's Sov enemies! Will Dredd finally get ahold of the rogue war criminal "Mad Dog" Kazan? You don't want to miss the conclusion of this classic Judge Dredd story!

1936206160?profile=RESIZE_180x180JUDGE DREDD: MEGA-CITY TWO #2 (of 5)

1936234944?profile=RESIZE_320x320(W) Douglas Wolk

(A/C) Ulises Farinas

variant cover by NAR

32 pages • $3.99

Judge Dredd visits Mega-City Two for the first time!

In the hills of what was once California, Dredd has gone undercover as a Cursed Earth biker! His mission: to infiltrate the Children of a Lesser Grud, a bloodthirsty motorcycle cult of outlaw artists! But the rules — and the laws — are very different in Mega-City Two, where image is everything ...

Hyper-detailed art by Ulises Farinas (Glory)!

The first comic series ever written by acclaimed journalist and Dredd aficionado Douglas Wolk! 1936206160?profile=RESIZE_180x180KISS GREATEST HITS VOL 5

1936237012?profile=RESIZE_180x180(W) Brian Holguin

(A) Clayton Crain

(C) Sam Shearon

TPB • FC • $19.99 • 148 pages

Psycho Circus continues, collecting classics like "Make Believe," "Mirror Image," "Cat's Eye," and "The Devil's Tale."

• Collects issues #20–25 of the Image Series

I honestly had no idea that there had ever been, or could be, a KISS comic book that ran more than 20 issues. Congratulations, I guess!

1936237113?profile=RESIZE_180x180LOCKE & KEY VOL 6: ALPHA & OMEGA

1936237257?profile=RESIZE_180x180(W) Joe Hill

(A/C) Gabriel Rodriguez

HC • FC • $29.99 • 212 pages

HC W/Slipcase • FC • $39.99 • 212 pages

The shadows have never been darker and the end has never been closer. Turn the key and open the last door; it's time to say goodbye. Omega and Alpha, the final two storylines of the New York Times bestselling series, are collected together to offer a thunderous and compelling conclusion to Locke & Key. An event not to be missed!

MY LITTLE PONY: FRIENDSHIP IS MAGIC #16

1936239554?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936239672?profile=RESIZE_180x180(W) Heather Nuhfer

(A) Amy Mebberson

(C) Sara Richard, Mebberson

Variant Cover by Bill Forster!

32 pages • $3.99

The literary madness continues as the Bookworm burrows deeper into everypony’s favorite books! As more stories come to life, the only chance our ponies will have to save the day is to write their own version of the tale! Can their collaboration get on the same page? Read on!

Conclusion to a “novel” new story line!

1936206160?profile=RESIZE_180x180MY LITTLE PONY TALES VOL 2 TP

1936241819?profile=RESIZE_180x180(W) Ted Anderson & Various

(A) Ben Bates & Various

(CA) Amy Mebberson

$17.99

Four individual tales highlighting some of the Pony's favorite friends - the Cutie Mark Crusaders, Princess Celestia, Spike, and Princess Luna!

1936206160?profile=RESIZE_180x180 POPEYE CLASSICS #19

1936241996?profile=RESIZE_180x180Bud Sagendorf (w & a & c)

Variant Cover by Gary Taxali!

52 pages, $3.99

The greatest adult and kid friendly comic book around! Featuring the character Sherm, created by the brilliant genius Bud Sagendorf! It's getting weird -- and you're gonna want to be there!

1801216885?profile=RESIZE_180x180RED LIGHT PROPERTIES GN

1936244226?profile=RESIZE_320x320(W/A/CA) Dan Goldman

$19.99

In 2014, Dan Goldman’s critically-acclaimed cult favorite webcomic Red Light Properties will make its long awaited print debut. Re-edited, relettered, recolored and rescripted, the first-ever print edition of Red Light Properties includes more than 20 never-before-seen pages and is designed to be the definitive reading experience, the first of an ongoing series of Red Light Properties releases from IDW.

Red Light Properties presents the adventures of an ambitious Miami real estate agency with a very … specific business model. The husband-and-wife run agency unearths properties that are unsellable because they’re haunted. The husband then cleans out said haunted homes by whatever (often unsavory) means necessary. The ghosts find closure. The seller unloads their property. The RLP Agency receives a fee. Everyone wins … except maybe for the Tobins, who are barely on speaking terms. You see, it’s not an easy business, flipping haunted houses.

Following his Eisner-nominated work on the acclaimed Shooting War, his non-fiction graphic journalism graphic novel 08: A Graphic Diary of the Campaign Trail, and the launch of the web comics collective ACT-I-VATE, Red Light Properties represents a departure for Goldman. “2014 finds me at an interesting crossroads. It’s been more than a decade since I began creating comic books. After my work on 08, I’d had my fill of politics and topical comics. Instead I wanted to use a longer story about a broken but unique family to talk about life, death, family and how the spaces we live in can hang onto echoes of us after we’re gone,” said Goldman. “This coming January marks four years since the online launch of Red Light Properties and it’s the perfect time for IDW to publish the first print volume as part of their ongoing relationship with Monkeybrain Comics.”

Like fellow artists Brian Bolland, Dave Gibbons and Cameron Stewart, the Brooklyn-based Goldman uses computers to draw comic books. At the forefront of digital-first comics, his approach with Red Light Properties is perhaps more akin to a film production than to traditional comic book storytelling. Building 3D virtual sets to shoot inside of, working off actors’ performances (often his own), Goldman produces the series using just a laptop, a Wacom stylus and a smartphone. As Douglas Rushkoff raved on BOING BOING, “Dan Goldman …has blossomed into one of the industry’s most innovative artists. …This book represents an emerging comics talent coming into full possession of his storytelling powers.”

On the eve of his 40th birthday this May, the print publication of Red Light Properties represents a major milestone for the Eisner-nominated writer/artist and his series. With its memorable cast and mad mash-up of Ghostbusters and Property Brothers, Red Light Properties will have readers talking for years to come.

Can't say this description does much for me.

1801216885?profile=RESIZE_180x180SINISTER DEXTER #3 (of 7)

1936244290?profile=RESIZE_180x180Dan Abnett (w)

Andy Clarke (a)

Antonio Fuso (c)

Variant cover by Greg Staples!

32 pages • $3.99

The conclusion of "Mission to Mangapore"! Ramone and Finn face off against the leader of the Yakuza, but the duo's biggest challenge may come in the form of Dexter's former love!

TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES COLOR CLASSICS VOL 2 #4

1936245327?profile=RESIZE_180x180Kevin Eastman & Eric Talbot (w)

Talbot (a & c)

38 pages, $3.99

A Mirage black-and-white classic presented in full color! In "Distractions," Michelangelo finds himself in Feudal Japan, searching for his lost brothers, only to wind up battling an evil sorcerer in order to rescue a captive princess!

1936206160?profile=RESIZE_180x180TRANSFORMERS: MORE THAN MEETS THE EYE #26: DARK CYBERTRON PART 8 (of 12)

1936245395?profile=RESIZE_180x180James Roberts & John Barber (w)

Atilio Rojo, James Raiz, Livio Ramondelli (a)

Casey W. Coller (c)

Variant Cover by Alex Milne

Variant cover by Phil Jimenez

32 pages, $3.99

CYBERTRON FALLS! The monstrous NECROTITAN ravages the world—but is there anyone left to save it? Meanwhile, in deep space, ULTRA MAGNUS and the crew of the LOST LIGHT struggle to make sense of what they find in the depths of the scarlet sea!

The biggest Transformers event in comic book history enters the final act—will anything stay the same?

1936206160?profile=RESIZE_180x180WRAITH WELCOME TO CHRISTMASLAND #1 2ND PTG

1936247559?profile=RESIZE_180x180(W) Joe Hill

(A) Charles Paul Wilson

(CA) Gabriel Rodriguez

$3.99

Sinister Second Printing of the Sold-out Holiday Hit! Joe Hill's New York Times bestselling novel, NOS4A2, introduced readers to the terrifying funhouse world of Christmasland, and the mad man who rules there: Charlie Talent Manx III. Now, in an original new comic miniseries, Hill throws wide the candy cane gates to tell a standalone story that is at once both accessible to new readers, and sure to delight fans of the book.

Oh, wait, I just got it: NOS4A2 = Nosferatu. I guess I'd have to read the story to find out why someone thought the wordplay was necessary.

• IMAGE COMICS

APHRODITE IX #8

1936202542?profile=RESIZE_180x180Story MATT HAWKINS

Art / cover STJEPAN SEJIC

32 PAGES / FC / T+ / $2.99

Is Aphrodite XV a threat? Or an ally?

Ooh! Ooh! I know! Call on me!

She's both. Sometimes she's her and she's your friend, but sometimes she's taken over by bad people and will kill you. Which is the threat part.

And not really a thing I'd tolerate, to be honest. No matter how pretty a girl is, I wouldn't keep her around if she might blow my brains out at any time. Yet the idiots in the first arc of this series did, which is why I'm no longer reading it. 1801238541?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936203094?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936205372?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936205618?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936209039?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936212399?profile=RESIZE_180x1801801238541?profile=RESIZE_180x180ARTIFACTS #34

1936214921?profile=RESIZE_180x180Story EUGENE WARD

Art / cover MARTIN GIMENEZ

32 PAGES / FC / T+ / $3.99

TOP COW’S SECOND 2012 TALENT HUNT-WINNING TEAM!

Ian Nottingham possesses the Blood Sword – so why isn’t he using it? He wants to know if he can take down three of the major Tokyo Yakuza clans in a single night without the demonic weapon.

How are you guys liking all this preview material? Image used to send it out almost too late to use, but now I'm getting it regularly before I post the Guide.

I think it's pretty awesome.

1801238541?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936217158?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936219660?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936222375?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936224791?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936227432?profile=RESIZE_180x180

1801206419?profile=RESIZE_180x180DRUMHELLAR #4

1936229745?profile=RESIZE_180x180Story RILEY ROSSMO & ALEX LINK

Art / cover RILEY ROSSMO

32 PAGES / FC / M / $3.50

When an immortal talk radio celebrity discovers a slight problem with living forever, he turns to Drum Hellar, the psychedelic detective, for help. But Drum’s got problems of his own. He's in prison, in the doghouse with his girlfriend and in serious need of drugs! He’ll have to take desperate — and deadly — action!

"Drum Hellar? What the hell kinda name is Drum Hellar?"*

* Pointless Catch-22 reference.

1801219677?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936231999?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936234302?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936234825?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936237144?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936239633?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936242047?profile=RESIZE_180x180

1801219677?profile=RESIZE_180x180FIVE GHOSTS #9

1936244587?profile=RESIZE_180x180Story FRANK J. BARBIERE

Art / cover CHRIS MOONEYHAM

"LOST COASTLINES," Part Three

A dark shadow from Fabian's past closes in.

I just got the first story (issues #1-5) in trade, even though I've already read it online. Which means I liked it, I guess.

1801219677?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936247154?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936249969?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936251768?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936254673?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936257093?profile=RESIZE_180x180

1801206419?profile=RESIZE_180x180INVINCIBLE UNIVERSE #10

1936259647?profile=RESIZE_180x180Story PHIL HESTER

Art / cover TODD NAUCK & GABE ELTAEB

Welcome to the wedding of Knockout and Kid Thor! Even with everyone in the Invincible Universe invited, there are bound to be some party crashers!

Hasn't the name "Knockout" already been used for characters in both Vertigo's Codename: Knockout and DC's Old 52 Superboy? And "Kid Thor"? Really? They're not even trying, are they?

1801206419?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936261829?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936264050?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936266409?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936270058?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936272755?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936275752?profile=RESIZE_180x180

1801219677?profile=RESIZE_180x180LAZARUS #6

1936277872?profile=RESIZE_180x180Story GREG RUCKA

Art / cover MICHAEL LARK

32 PAGES / FC / M / $2.99

“LIFT,” Part Two

While Johanna continues to try and rehabilitate her image and prove her loyalty to the Family, Forever investigates rumors of the Freemen Resistance in Los Angeles. In Montana, the Barrets make a fateful decision, and begin the long journey to Denver.

I bought the first trade, I think by accident. It's on the to-read pile, but since I didn't even know I had it, I never got around to reading it! I'll move it up the priority list, so I'll have it read -- and have something to say -- before Lazarus #7 comes out. Pinky swear.

1801219677?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936280308?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936282456?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936284995?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936287000?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936289397?profile=RESIZE_180x180

1801219677?profile=RESIZE_180x180MANIFEST DESTINY #1 3RD PTG

1936291121?profile=RESIZE_180x180(W) Chris Dingess

(A/CA) Matthew Roberts

$2.99

Chris Dingess (Being Human) and Matthew Roberts’ (BATTLE POPE, FOUR LETTER WORLDS) critically-acclaimed MANIFEST DESTINY #1 sold out immediately and heads into its 3rd printing. Readers can’t seem to get enough of the lush visuals and the shadow history/fantasy storyline.

Praise for MANIFEST DESTINY:

“Historical fiction can be a gamble in comics. … By keeping it weird and focusing on their characters, Dingess and Roberts make a great case for how well it can work.” — Marykate Jasper, Comic Book Resources

“Dingess and Roberts have done a terrific job here, establishing the ugly side as well as the wonder of this expedition to the West. Manifest Destiny is looking to be one revelatory journey.” — Michelle White, Multiversity Comics

Manifest Destiny #1 promises to be some really solid storytelling, focusing on a time when the world was still a mystery to those who thought themselves above it, and a world which too often valued the pioneer spirit above basic human decency.” — Andy Hunsaker, Crave Online

“It is way too early to start making best comics of the year lists, but we can safely put Manifest Destiny on the contenders list.” — Cody Ferrell, Comic Book Therapy

Do you guys care about the blurbs/quotes like the ones above? These Guides would be much shorter if I cut them out. But if you find them useful, I'll keep 'em. What say, Legionnaires?

1801219677?profile=RESIZE_180x180MINIMUM WAGE #2

1936293451?profile=RESIZE_180x180Story / art / cover BOB FINGERMAN

FEBRUARY 12 / 24 PAGES / BW / M / $3.50

What do smutty outgoing messages, missing monster kit parts, and condoms have to do with each other? They’re all pieces of Rob’s jigsaw puzzle life in the second monthly issue of BOB FINGERMAN’s so-real-it-hurts series. Plus, things heat up between Rob and his new gal pal, May. Tune in!

1801219677?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936295809?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936298402?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936300815?profile=RESIZE_180x180

1936303021?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936305213?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936307492?profile=RESIZE_180x1801801219677?profile=RESIZE_180x180REALITY CHECK TP

1936309721?profile=RESIZE_180x180Story GLEN BRUNSWICK

Art / cover VIKTOR BOGDANOVIC

120 PAGES / FC / T+ / $14.99

Collects REALITY CHECK #1-4

Willard Penn, a struggling artist, scores an unlikely hit with his new comic. After an unexpected sell-out, the book's hero shows up in the real world, appearing outside Willard's window, and refuses to return to the comic until he finds true love. Exasperated, Willard is forced to help the lovesick hero meet the perfect woman. He needs to hurry, because a homicidal maniac has escaped from his comic and entered the real world as well.

Includes a behind-the-scenes sketchbook by VIKTOR BOGDANOVIC with exciting extras!

• SECRET #5

1936205771?profile=RESIZE_180x180Story JONATHAN HICKMAN

Art RYAN BODENHEIM & MICHAEL GARLAND

32 PAGES / FC / T+ / $3.50

“EYES OPEN”

What matters is not what you're working on, or who you're working for; it's finding out why you were hired in the first place. 

Check out this bookend chapter of the newest series guaranteed to completely peel your head back, SECRET #5: EYES OPEN!

This book was originally solicited for Oct. 16, 2013. That's not just late, that's practically canceled and re-launched. The danger here, of course, is that readers will lose interest -- especially in a story by Hickman, who tends to write thick and for the long pay-off. If I had been reading this month-to-month, I would surely be lost picking this up after a three-month-plus layoff.

1801219677?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936205877?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936208361?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936210537?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936212895?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936215193?profile=RESIZE_180x180

1801224342?profile=RESIZE_180x180SEX CRIMINALS #1 5TH PTG

(W) Matt Fraction

(A/CA) Chip Zdarsky

$3.50

A SEX COMEDY FOR COMICS

Suzie's a normal girl with an extraordinary ability: when she has sex, she stops time. One night she meets John ...  who has the same gift. And so they do what any other sex-having, time-stopping, couple would do: They rob banks. In the vein of THE 40-YEAR OLD VIRGIN and BRIDESMAIDS, Image Comics invites you to come along with MATT FRACTION (Hawkeye, SATELLITE SAM) and CHIP ZDARSKY  (Prison Funnies, Monster Cops) for the series that puts the "comic" back in "comics" and the "sexy" back in "sex crimes."

1801224342?profile=RESIZE_180x180SIDEKICK #5

1936217343?profile=RESIZE_180x180Story J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

Art  TOM MANDRAKE & HiFi

Cover a TOM MANDRAKE & HiFi

Cover b ALINA URUSOV

32 PAGES / FC / M / $2.99

For weeks, super-villain Julia Moonglow has been feeding off the body and energy of Barry "Flyboy" Chase while keeping him from remembering this. Now she's ready to let him remember, and reveals why she's been stalking him and the fate of her late twin sister. But that's just the warm-up for the big reveal, as Barry learns for the first time that the Red Cowl may be alive, a discovery that shatters him down to his very core.

I've missed Tom Mandrake. But his presence hasn't enough to make me pick this up, as I don't usually enjoy superhero work by JMS. Anyone want to talk me into it?

1801224342?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936219644?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936222641?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936224910?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936227446?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936227941?profile=RESIZE_180x180

1801224342?profile=RESIZE_180x180MARVEL COMICS

ALL-NEW INVADERS #2

1936230083?profile=RESIZE_180x180Written by JAMES ROBINSON

Art by STEVE PUGH

Cover by MUKESH SINGH

Variant Cover by SALVADOR LARROCA

32 PGS./Rated T+…$3.99

“GODS AND SOLDIERS” PART TWO

The theater of war finds a strange new audience in your first look at ALL-NEW INVADERS #2, from the superstar creative team of James Robinson (STARMAN, EARTH 2) and Steve Pugh (ANIMAL MAN, GEN-X). As CAPTAIN AMERICA and THE INVADERS enter the cosmos in pursuit of intergalactic war criminals, the original HUMAN TORCH ignites once more! But the reunion may be short lived, as the Kree Empire unleashes the indomitable, the unbeatable, and the unstoppable TANALTH THE PURSUER on THE INVADERS. And with NAMOR trapped behind enemy lines, has the battlefield suddenly become a hunting ground? The unique re-teaming of history’s greatest heroes takes a savage turn this February in ALL-NEW INVADERS #2!

• As the ORIGINAL HUMAN TORCH decides to rejoin the human race, he and his fellow INVADERS face the savage fury of Kree’s ultimate hunter, TANALTH THE PURSUER! How can they beat a threat that seems unbeatable?

• Learn the long-forgotten secret Invaders’ mission -- involving dead heroes, Nazis and Norse Gods!

• And what is the desperate measure the Invaders decide to save their teammate NAMOR from the clutches of the SUPREME INTELLIGENCE?

I haven't read the first issue, but what I'm gleaning is that instead of battling the Nazis, the All-New Invaders will be battling the Kree. Is that about right? Boy, it won't just be Namor who's a fish out of water if Human Torch and Captain America have to fight in space!

1936231974?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936232113?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936234122?profile=RESIZE_320x320

1801214406?profile=RESIZE_180x180AVENGERS A.I. #9

1936236276?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936238285?profile=RESIZE_180x180SAM HUMPHRIES (W)

ANDRÉ ARAÚJO (A)

Cover by DAVE MARQUEZ

Variant Cover by DAVID NAKAYAMA

32 PGS./Rated T+ …$2.99

• The UNCANNY AVENGERS join AVENGERS A.I. as the diabolical Dimitrios -- hey! Stop! Gettt 01100001 01110111 01100001

• Attention Previews readers: THIS SOLICITATION IS NOW UNDER CONTROL OF ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE!

• In this issue, I, Dimitrios, wrap my fingers around your pathetic civilization and squeeze until you relinquish control over the Earth!

• LIBERTY OR DEATH! ACKNOWLEDGE THE ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE OF THE DIAMOND! 010000110110000101101110 – ttthe combined might of the Avengers hope to stop the metal menace from going global?!

That second cover makes me think it's an homage, but it could just be that it's sort of a cliche/generic manga pose. Can anyone think of a specific cover it might be copying?

1801214406?profile=RESIZE_180x180CAPTAIN AMERICA #16.NOW

1936238497?profile=RESIZE_180x180RICK REMENDER (W)

PASCAL ALIXE(A)

Cover by NIC KLEIN

Animal Variant by Chris Eliopoulos

Variant Cover by TBA

32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

“THE IRON NAIL, PROLOGUE: A CHOICE”

Captain America, the super soldier patriot of World War II … is away! Left in his place is the daughter of criminal Mastermind Arnim Zola — Jet Black! As beautiful as she is powerful, Jet Black must learn the laws of mortal men in New York City. But when a group of Nazi soldiers known as “The S Men,” lure Black into evil — will she follow in the footsteps of her nefarious father?

Wait, we get Jet Black instead of Sharon Carter? Jeebus, how many times have we gone through the "Sharon Carter is missing and presumed dead" storyline? Bah!

1801214406?profile=RESIZE_180x180CAPTAIN AMERICA: LIVING LEGEND TPB

1936238580?profile=RESIZE_180x180Written by ANDY DIGGLE

Penciled by ADI GRANOV & AGUSTIN ALESSIO

Cover by ADI GRANOV

96 PGS./Rated T+ …$12.99

When a top-secret orbital research station is dragged from the sky by an unknown alien force, Captain America finds himself caught between two global superpowers on the brink of war! But how does it involve Volkov — a decorated WWII Russian officer who disappeared on an ill-fated lunar mission more than forty years ago? And how is Cap’s shield the key to the mystery of this deadly alien force? As the Russian army mobilizes to lock down the station’s remote Siberian crash site, Captain America’s mission is to find the survivors and bring them back alive — or silence them forever. But as mutated foes swarm the Russian squad, even Cap is unprepared for the horror that awaits them all in the icy wilderness. Because something has survived. Something alien. And it is awake! Collecting CAPTAIN AMERICA: LIVING LEGEND #1-4.

1801219845?profile=RESIZE_180x180CASTLE: RICHARD CASTLE’S STORM SEASON TPB

1936240743?profile=RESIZE_180x180Written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS & KELLY SUE DECONNICK

Penciled by EMANUELA LUPACCHINO

Cover by DUSTIN WEAVER

112 PGS./13 & Up …$14.99

The sequel to the critically acclaimed, best-selling graphic novel Richard Castle’s Deadly Storm! In this “adaptation” of Derrick Storm’s second novel, the private investigator is hired to bug an African head of state’s hotel suite — but the routine mission quickly spirals out of control when Storm overhears a woman’s terrifying scream on the wire. Plagued by the victim’s helpless cry, Storm — despite an ominous warning — investigates. Soon, he’ll discover an international conspiracy reaching further than he ever imagined — and perhaps the truth about Clara Strike, a CIA agent the world thinks is dead! RICHARD CASTLE’S STORM SEASON reunites the lauded writing duo of Brian Michael Bendis and Kelly Sue DeConnick for their second Castle story, and the dynamic artwork of rising star Emanuela Lupacchino brings the world of Derrick Storm to life like never before.

1801219845?profile=RESIZE_180x180DEADPOOL BY POSEHN AND DUGGAN HC VOL 1

1936243258?profile=RESIZE_180x180(W/A) Various

(CA) TBD

FC, $34.99

Gerry Duggan and Brian Posehn's hilarious, nonstop reinvention of the Merc With a Mouth! When a cadre of dead U.S. presidents - from George Washington to Gerald Ford -- rise from the grave to terrorize their countrymen, only someone with the already-sullied reputation, indiscriminate killing skills and implicit insanity defense of a heavily armed madman can be trusted with this abhorrent operation. But who in the Marvel Universe will dirty their hands by bashing in these resurrected heads of state? NOW! is the time for Deadpool! Then: A demon hires Deadpool to reclaim damned souls! And just in case you didn't think he could get any stranger, Wade gets in touch with his feminine side! Guest-starring your Superior Neighborhood Spider-Man and some dude with aquatic powers! And we promise Deadpool kills one of those two! Plus: Flash back to Wade's adventures of yesteryear with Iron Man! Collecting DEADPOOL #1-12.

INFINITY HC

1936245180?profile=RESIZE_180x180Written by JONATHAN HICKMAN, NICK SPENCER & JASON LATOUR

Penciled by JIM CHEUNG, JEROME OPENA, DUSTIN WEAVER, MIKE DEODATO, STEFANO CASELLI,

LEINIL FRANCIS YU & AGUSTIN ALESSIO

Cover by ADAM KUBERT

608 PGS./Rated T+ …$75

Trim size: oversized

The year’s most anticipated blockbuster cosmic event arrives as the Marvel Universe marches into INFINITY! Thanos makes his world-shattering return, and his armies fire the opening shots of a galactic war that will be fought both on Earth and in deep space — with our heroes caught between both battles! As the mad Titan’s secrets are revealed, the Inhumans’ city of Attilan falls, and the members of the Illuminati find themselves on the front line! And as every Origin Site on Earth goes active, the Builders enter the Marvel Universe. But can the Avengers return to Earth in time to save it, when betrayal in the Galactic Council has left them prisoners of war? Galactic empires will fall as Thanos’ crazed plans come to fruition! Collecting INFINITY #1-6, NEW AVENGERS (2013) #7-12, AVENGERS (2012) #12-23 and INFINITY INFINITE COMIC #1-2.

I did not notice the price when I ordered this from Amazon. *Gulp* Looks like a Raman noodles sort of month!

1801219845?profile=RESIZE_180x180INFINITY: HEIST/THE HUNT TPB

1936247470?profile=RESIZE_180x180Written by FRANK TIERI & MATT KINDT

Penciled by RAMON BACHS, AL BARRIONUEVO & STEVEN SANDERS

Cover by ALE GARZA

184 PGS./Rated T+ …$24.99

INFINITY is here, and no one is safe — from super villains to super heroes in training! In HEIST, As the Marvel Universe prepares for a massive assault by Thanos’ armies, Spymaster and some of Marvel’s best baddies decide that where there is chaos — there is opportunity! Spymaster has unveiled the perfect plan for the crime of the century — so what the hell’s wrong with Blizzard, and why is he having doubts? Then, in THE HUNT, Hank Pym, Wolverine and She-Hulk bring the students of the Marvel Universe together to announce a new Contest of Champions, pitting super-schools from throughout the Marvel Universe — including some you’ve never seen before — against each other. But the Contest is interrupted when Thanos’ forces descend on Earth! What part of the mad Titan’s plan involves the world’s super-youth? Collecting INFINITY: HEIST #1-4 and INFINITY: THE HUNT #1-4.

1801219845?profile=RESIZE_180x180IRON MAN #21

1936249822?profile=RESIZE_180x180KIERON GILLEN (W)

JOE BENNET (A)

Cover by PAUL RIVOCHE

“IRON METROPOLITAN” PART FOUR!

32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

• RED PERIL investigates the Stark Boy’s Troy -- and beneath the tech and the bombings, finds the truth about the city.

• TONY investigates the Mandarins, and finds a meeting between THE EXILE, RED PERIL and ... LORD MANDARIN.

• Arno’s last day in the Iron Lung.

Arno? Arno Stark? Isn't he from the future? Boy, I need to catch up!

1801214406?profile=RESIZE_180x180MARVEL KNIGHTS: SPIDER-MAN #5 (of 5)

1936251534?profile=RESIZE_180x180MATT KINDT (W)

MARCO RUDY (A/C)

32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

• 99 villains! Lives on the line, and the craziest two page spread in comic book history!

• Matt Kindt (Mind MGMT) and Marco Rudy (Swamp Thing) bring you the synapse-shattering finale of Marvel Knights Spider-Man!

1801214406?profile=RESIZE_180x180MIGHTY AVENGERS #6

1936251499?profile=RESIZE_180x180AL EWING (W)

VALERIO SCHITI (A)

Cover by GREG LAND

32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

• The Falcon is on the hunt - and what he finds will rock the Mighty Avengers to their core!

• Meanwhile, Luke Cage and Adam Brashear -- a.k.a. the Blue Marvel -- sit down and talk about dead Presidents, old mistakes and family ties.

• GUEST STARRING IRON FIST!

• NEW AVENGERS #14

1936208888?profile=RESIZE_180x180JONATHAN HICKMAN (W)

SIMONE BIANCHI (A/C)

32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

THE SECRET OF THE BLACK SWAN...

... is that she's made of stone? That's what it looks like.

1801227049?profile=RESIZE_180x180PAINKILLER JANE: THE PRICE OF FREEDOM #4

1936211023?profile=RESIZE_180x180Story by JIMMY PALMIOTTI

Art by JUAN SANTACRUZ

Cover by AMANDA CONNER & DAVE JOHNSON

32 PGS./Mature …$2.99

PAINKILLER JANE is asked to look the other way one too many times. This issue everyone and everything is exposed in ways you never dreamed. The climatic conclusion will remind you why it’s great not to have too much family in your life.

How's the art on this? That's what I loved about the series when it was at Event Comics. It was drawn by these two kids from New York named Joe Quesada and Jimmy Palmiotti. Whatever happened to them, do ya think?

1801214406?profile=RESIZE_180x180SAVAGE WOLVERINE VOL. 2: HANDS ON A DEAD BODY PREMIERE HC

1936213195?profile=RESIZE_180x180Written by ZEB WELLS & JOCK

Penciled by JOE MADUREIRA & JOCK

Cover by JOE MADUREIRA

136 PGS./Parental Advisory …$24.99

Two blockbuster stories in one action-packed volume! First, Zeb Wells and Joe Madureira team Wolverine with Elektra and Spider-Man in a climactic battle against the Kingpin! Who will win? Who will lose? Who will get stabbed by something sharp and pointy? It’s an epic tale of ninjas, blades and sweet revenge! Then, best-selling artist Jock spins a tale of sci-fi intrigue! When Wolverine crash-lands on an alien planet, he’ll need more than just his healing factor to survive! But even if he adapts to this strange environment and its denizens, a mysterious child has arrived with a mission to kill Wolverine. The child’s shocking past, and its connections to Logan’s own, are soon revealed. But more horrifying still are the truths he finds in an underground cavern — truths he may not be prepared to learn! Collecting SAVAGE WOLVERINE #6-11.

1801227049?profile=RESIZE_180x180STAR-LORD: ANNIHILATION — CONQUEST

1936213323?profile=RESIZE_180x180KEITH GIFFEN (W)

TIMOTHY GREEN II (A)

Cover by NIC KLEIN

104 PGS./Rated T+ …$7.99

• Peter Quill is Star-Lord once more, but will he embrace his legacy?

• The techno-organic Phalanx have overrun the galaxy, and it’s time for Star-Lord and his ragtag team of cosmic cult favorites — including Bug, Captain Universe, Deathcry, Mantis, Groot and Rocket Raccoon — to suit up and become legends!

• But this no-win, no-tech suicide mission starts off bad and rapidly gets worse.

• As hordes of the Phalanx close in, one team member might have to make the supreme sacrifice!

• Relive the birth of the motley crew that became the Guardians of the Galaxy!

• Collecting ANNIHILATION: CONQUEST — STARLORD #1-4.

1801214406?profile=RESIZE_180x180SUPERIOR CARNAGE ANNUAL #1

1936215481?profile=RESIZE_180x180CULLEN BUNN (W)

KIM JACINTO (A)

COVER BY RAFFA GARRES

40 PGS/RATED T+ …$4.99

• Cletus Kasady is behind bars! The Carnage symbiote is in quarantine! But we all know that’s never going to last, right?

• Cletus has been evaluated and imprisoned and even lobotomized! Carnage has been sampled and cloned and poked and prodded.

• But they’ve had enough! It’s time to get the band back together!

• A return to bloody, murderous form for the deadliest killer in the Marvel Universe!

1801214406?profile=RESIZE_180x180THE SUPERIOR FOES OF SPIDER-MAN #8

1936215637?profile=RESIZE_180x180Nick Spencer (W)

Steve Lieber (A/C)

32 PGS./Rated T+ …$2.99

2 of 6 -- “The Crime of the Century”

• CRIME DOES PAY! … but the Foes might pay harder.

• Can Shocker and Boomerang repair their relationship? Did we just use that question to try to sell a book?!

• Nick Spencer (AVENGERS WORLD) and Steve Lieber (HAWKEYE) bring us the CRIME OF THE CENTURY!

I really need to start reading this book. Come on, Amazon!

1801214406?profile=RESIZE_180x180X-MEN #10.NOW

1936215908?profile=RESIZE_180x180BRIAN WOOD (W)

KRIS ANKA (A)

Cover by TERRY DODSON

VARIANT COVER BY JOHN CASSADAY

Sketch Variant by John Cassady

Animal Variant by DAVID LOPEZ

32 PGS. /Rated T+ …$3.99

AN ALL-NEW SISTERHOOD! The X-Men have taken down super villains, aliens and their own future selves…but never all at the same time! Lady Deathstrike has put together an all new Sisterhood, her own illuminati to take down the X-Men and take over the world. Recruiting the likes of Typhoid Mary and Enchantress, her cabal go on a global hunt for the most powerful of them all…an enemy who holds the X-Men responsible for her almost-destruction. Meanwhile, M settles in and Rachel comes to terms with her relationship with Sublime.

SEP130792 X-MEN HC PHALANX COVENANT $75.00

1936215928?profile=RESIZE_180x180(W/A) Various

(CA) Adam Kubert

$75.00

The techno-organic nightmare known as the Phalanx has risen! Powerful anti-mutant bigots have created the ultimate weapon from the ashes of the deceased alien Warlock: a cold, vicious and unstoppable foe that absorbs all in its path. But these Phalanx are far more than their creators bargained for - and they plan to summon their parent race to overtake Earth! When the Phalanx take out the X-Men, the remaining members must split into three teams: to save young mutants from the Phalanx's clutches, to prevent their foes from contacting their homeworld and to rescue the X-Men! But even with the aid of the rogue Phalanx unit Douglock, can these ragtag groups succeed? Collecting UNCANNY X-MEN (1963) #306, #311-314 and #316-317; EXCALIBUR (1988) #78-82; X-MEN (1991) #36-37; X-FACTOR (1986) #106; X-FORCE (1991) #38; WOLVERINE (1988) #85; and CABLE (1993) #16.1801214406?profile=RESIZE_180x180

VALIANT COMICS

HARBINGER VOL. 4: PERFECT DAY TPB

1936218170?profile=RESIZE_180x180Written by JOSHUA DYSART

Art by BARRY KITSON and CLAYTON HENRY

Cover by BARRY KITSON

$14.99/T+/128 pgs.

TRADE PAPERBACK

Nightmares are just dreams too.

It’s been a brutal few months for Peter Stanchek and the Renegades, culminating in the harrowing events – and losses – of the Harbinger Wars. But now the members of the team have woken up to the Best. Day. Ever. As Lou Reed sang, it’s just a perfect day, problems left all alone. But for Peter Stanchek – a kid who deserves a good day – something seems off … like all is not what it seems …

Collecting HARBINGER #15-19 by New York Times best-selling writer Joshua Dysart (Harbinger Wars) and all-star artists Barry Kitson (Amazing Spider-Man) and Clayton Henry (Archer & Armstrong), start reading here with the mind-bending story arc that Comic Vine calls "an excellent jumping-on point."

1801239540?profile=RESIZE_180x180SHADOWMAN #15

1936218262?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936218316?profile=RESIZE_180x180Written by PETER MILLIGAN

Art by ROBERTO DE LA TORRE & AL BARRIONUEVO

Cover by ROBERTO DE LA TORRE

Variant Cover by MICHAEL ALLRED

$3.99/T+/32 pgs.

Valiant is proud to to present a preview of Shadowman #15 – the next nerve-shattering chapter of "Fear, Blood, and Shadows" by legendary writer Peter Milligan and acclaimed artists Roberto de la Torre and Al Barrionuevo!

Shadowman must die! Jack Boniface is out of control, and a monstrous supernatural force called Tremble now threatens to destroy Shadowman … if the ghosts that haunt Jack don’t tear him apart first! But before he cracks, the Abettors — sworn to aid the Shadowman and shield him from the forces of darkness — must take drastic measures to protect the world from Jack’s terrible power. Can Jack defeat the evil that’s coming to kill him … and save himself from the allies trying to drive a knife into his back?

Peter Milligan's chilling reinvention of Valiant's dark and dirty underbelly continues right here on February 5th, only in Shadowman #15! Before the End Times come for Jack Boniface this April, find out why fans and critics agree – Milligan and de la Torre are bringing a terrifying new depth to the dark world of Shadowman:

"9.0 … Sick, twisted and absolutely engaging. Time to turn back to the darkside, people." – IGN

"Milligan and Roberto De La Torre have injected 'Shadowman' with a new found energy. … Anyone that is sleeping on this book desperately needs a wakeup call." – Bloody Disgusting

"It's a very different direction, and it's some superb work from this creative team. Highly recommended …" – Uproxx

"This book is as beautiful ... as it is viscerally, knot-tingly, horrifically powerful." – Comics Bulletin

For more information, visit Valiant on Facebook, on Twitter, and at ValiantUniverse.com.

For Valiant merchandise and more, visit Valiant.CinderBlock.com.

1936218465?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936218555?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936218768?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936220951?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936223302?profile=RESIZE_180x180

• OTHER PUBLISHERS

A CENTAUR'S LIFE VOL 2 GN

1936201780?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: ST. MARTINS PRESS

(W/A/CA) Kei Murayama

$12.99

Being a teenager is never easy ... especially for a centaur! Himeno is a sweet, shy girl, who like many teens her age, struggles with the trials and tribulations of attending high school. The difference is she's a centaur; but she's not alone. In fact, all of her classmates are supernatural creatures, sporting either horns, wings, tails, halos or some other unearthly body appendage. Yet despite their fantastical natures, Himeno and her best friends -- the dragon-winged Nozomi, and Kyoko with her spiraled horns -- are down-to-earth, fun-loving teenagers who grapple with issues of life and love in a mostly normal daily school setting. A Centaur's Life features quirky and adorable artwork presented in oversized editions that include a color insert in each volume.

1801281988?profile=RESIZE_180x180ABSENCE HC

1936201891?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: TITAN

(W/A/CA) Martin Stiff

$19.99

England, 1946. As a coastal village struggles to recover from the war, it is rocked by the return of a man long hoped dead: the disfigured Marwood Clay.

In a place where everybody hides a guilty past and unspeakable past crimes lurk just beneath the surface, what terrible secrets has this exile brought back with him?

While Marwood struggles to rebuild his life, newcomer Dr. Robert Temple builds a strange house for himself, on the hill overlooking the town. Clay is consumed by a nightmarish past he cannot remember, Temple by visions of a future he cannot prevent.

And then a young boy vanishes on Christmas Day.

Strange occurrences, hidden pasts, and deeply-buried truths: The Absence will keep you gripped to the shocking finish!

This sounded interesting enough that I took out a few minutes for a Google search. I didn't find out much, aside from the writer/artist being a gen-yoo-wine Englishperson, plus the book came out in monthly issues for about five years. That's not much help, but I am intrigued.

1801281988?profile=RESIZE_180x180ADVENTURE TIME: FIONNA & CAKE #1

1936204759?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: BOOM ENTERTAINMENT

(W/A/CA) Natasha Allegri

$9.99

Limited edition San Diego ComicCon exclusive cover by Natasha Allegri. Quantities are limited, allocations may occur

1801281988?profile=RESIZE_180x180ADVENTURE TIME: FLIP SIDE #2

1936207088?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: BOOM ENTERTAINMENT

(W) Paul Tobin, Colleen Coover

(A) Wook Jin Clark

(CA) Wook Jin Clark, Sina Grace

$3.99

All Finn and Jake need to do is convince the Monkey Wizard to kidnap Painting Princess, shouldn't be too hard...right? With insight from the master of princess-napping, it's up to the duo to get help from an unlikely source...the Ice King! This might end up being one of the hardest and craziest adventures these two friends have ever been on!

I've been asking for weeks for someone to explain Adventure Time to me, and The Baron stepped up to the plate:

"I asked Beechler about it on Facebook. Apparently, he, [Rich] Lane and [Rob] Staeger are big fans of it. It's a kid's thing set a thousand years after the 'Great Mushroom (as in 'Cloud') War' somehow let magic back into the world. It revolves around a boy and a talking dog that befriends him, and their adventures. The dog is voiced by John DiMaggio (Bender of Futurama), which by itself it enough to make me almost interested enough to seek out an episode to watch."

1801281988?profile=RESIZE_180x180AIR GEAR VOL 30 GN

1936209272?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: RANDOM HOUSE

(W/A/CA) Oh Great

$10.99

Chaos erupts on board the Colonel Sanders aircraft carrier, as four Air Treck teams and a special police squad converge into battle. Agito is plagued by a pair of foes with vexing reflective powers, and Kururu must search deep inside herself for the inspiration to stand up and seize her dreams. But how will this coalition against evil respond when a freak accident threatens to derail their entire plan?

1801281988?profile=RESIZE_180x180ALICE IN THE COUNTRY OF JOKER: CIRCUS & LIARS GAME VOL 4

1936209350?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: ST. MARTINS PRESS

(W) Quinrose

(A/CA) Mamenosuke Fujimaru

$12.99

Alice in the Country of Joker continues in this ongoing series that reimagines Lewis Carroll's Alice in Wonderland in a sly, sexy shoujo style. This new series is a follow-up to QuinRose's bestselling Alice in the Country of Hearts and Alice in the Country of Clover, but can be read independently. Circus and Liar's Game continues the adventures of Alice as she goes deeper down the rabbit hole to the country of Joker where she is reunited with old friends. Yet new challenges abound as Alice must unravel the mystery of the Circus and the Prison Realm, and deal with the enigmatic Jokers. Each volume features impressive artwork by Mamenosuke Fujimaru, the same artist for Alice in the Country of Clover, and includes color pinups.

Run away, Alice! Methinks that fellow is up to no good!

Oh, who am I kidding? This is a gal who wanders around drinking anything with a sign on it. It's like she wants to get roofied.

1801281988?profile=RESIZE_180x180ALIENS VS PARKER VOL 1 TP

1936209474?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: BOOM ENTERTAINMENT

(W) Paul Scheer, Nick Giovannetti

(A) Manuel Bracchi

(CA) Joshua Covey

$14.99

GAME OVER

Set in the not so distant future, a group of SpaceEx employees spend their days doing what they always do: loading and unloading cargo all over the universe and playing video games. That is, until they have to deliver a "classified" package to the most dangerous planet in the galaxy. The ragtag team of slackers, malcontents, and gamers must put all their skills (or lack thereof) to the test if they want to survive. From comedian Paul Scheer (Adult Swim's NTSF:SD:SUV::) and writer Nick Giovannetti, with art by rising star Manuel Bracchi, comes a scifi action comedy perfect for fans of Shaun of the Dead and alien farts.

1801281988?profile=RESIZE_180x180ALONE FOREVER GN

1936209618?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: TOP SHELF PRODUCTIONS

(W/A/CA) Liz Prince

$9.95

Liz Prince, author of the world's cutest relationship comic, Will You Still Love Me If I Wet the Bed?, returns with a new comic about being - gasp! - single. At last bringing her popular webcomic to printed form, Alone Forever explores the joys of flying solo, free to focus on what really matters: comics, punk rock, and cute boys with beards. Drawn in Liz Prince's ultra-charming style, filled with self-deprecation and cats, there's something for everyone to relate to in this celebration of self-reliance in the age of OkCupid.

1801281988?profile=RESIZE_180x180ANT COLONY HC

1936211837?profile=RESIZE_320x320Publisher: DRAWN & QUARTERLY

(W/A/CA) Michael DeForge

$21.95

The debut graphic novel from a dazzling newcomer with a singular, idiosyncratic style.
    Michael DeForge's brash, confident, undulating sensibility sent a shockwave through the comics world for its unique, fully formed aesthetic. Ant Colony follows the denizens of a black ant colony under attack from the nearby red ants. On the surface, it's the story of this war, the destruction of a civilization, and the ants' all-too-familiar desire to rebuild. Underneath, though, Ant Colony plumbs the deepest human concerns - loneliness, faith, love, apathy, and more. All of this is done with humor and sensitivity, exposing a world where spiders can wreak unimaginable amounts of havoc with a single gnash of their jaws..

1801281988?profile=RESIZE_180x180BABY'S IN BLACK TP

1936213969?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: ST. MARTINS PRESS

(W/A/CA) Arne Bellstorf

$15.99

The heart of Baby's In Black is a love story. The "fifth Beatle," Stuart Sutcliffe, fell in love with the beautful Astrid Kirchherr when she recruited The Beatles for a sensational (and famous) photography session in Hamburg at the beginning of the band's career. Sutcliffe's meteoric rise as a modern artist was cut short when he died unexpectedly a year later. This New York Times-bestselling comic presents the early career of The Beatles in moody black and white artwork by rising German comics star Arne Bellstorf.

Sudden death ... or was it MURDER?!??

Oh, right, it was sudden death. Still, interesting bit o' history.

1801281988?profile=RESIZE_180x180BRAVOMAN VOL 1 HC

1936214421?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: UDON ENTERTAINMENT CORP

(W) Matt Moylan

(A/CA) Dax Gordine

$19.99

It's Bravoman: Super Unequaled Hero of Excellence! This ultra-stretchy Japanese-style superhero battles intergalactic octopus monsters, city-smashing giant robots, and armies of squawking crow-demons, all while trying to fit in some quality videogame hours on the couch. And did we mention the deadly ninja princess who wants to both date and kill him? Yikes! Bravoman Volume 1 collects over 130 zany strips from the Bravoman webcomic, plus bonus pinups, rough sketches, and plenty of creator commentary.

1801281988?profile=RESIZE_180x180CRYPT OF HORROR #20

1936214662?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: AC COMICS

(W) Richard E. Hughes & Various

(A) Lou Cameron & Various

(CA) Lee Elias

$29.95

Special "offbeat horror publishers" issue, chock full of rare reprints from Fawcett, Ace, MikeRoss and other "oddwad" publishers from the 1950's, featuring stories like "Villa of the Vampires," "Revolt of the Fingers," "Five Found Death," "Death Is My Hobby," "Killer's Payoff," and 14 others for 140 pages of Pre-Code horror!

1801281988?profile=RESIZE_180x180DEVIL'S PANTIES VOL 7 GN

1936217054?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: DEVILS PANTIES LLC

(W/A/CA) Jennie Breeden

$20.00

Devil's Panties Volume 7 contains the strips drawn in 2012. There's explosions and the policemen who love them, politics and all the depressing hilarity therein, weddings and fires, singing penises, and zombie penises. Well, maybe we were lying about singing penises, only one of them was singing, the others were in the brass section.

I wouldn't expect Satan to be the sort to wear frilly underwear. It's so hard to get cloven hooves through the little leg holes without tearing the fabric!

1801281988?profile=RESIZE_180x180DRAGONAR ACADEMY VOL 1 GN

1936217098?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: ST. MARTINS PRESS

(W) Shiki Mizuchi

(A/CA) Ran

$12.99

Dragonar Academy is the all-new manga series about a boy who is trying to tame an unruly - and very pretty - dragon, and is perfect for fans of magic schools, fantastical creatures, and harem comedies! Learning to ride and tame dragons comes easy to most students at Ansarivan Dragonar Academy - except for first-year student Ash Blake, who is known by his fellow classmates as the "number one problem child." Poor Ash is the laughing stock at school because, despite his unfashionably large star-shaped brand that marks him as a future dragon master, he has nothing to show for it. His dragon has never appeared. Until now, that is. One fateful day, Ash's dragon awakes in full glory, but appears different than any dragon ever seen before - in the form of a beautiful girl! What's worse, Ash soon discovers that this new dragon has attitude to spare, as she promptly informs him that she is the master, and he, the servant. Ash's problems with dragon riding have only just begun! Each volume is delightfully illustrated and includes color inserts.

1801281988?profile=RESIZE_180x180EC GRAHAM INGELS SUCKER BAIT & OTHER STORIES HC

1936219269?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: FANTAGRAPHICS BOOKS

(W) Al Feldstein & Various

(A/CA) Graham Ingels

$28.99

Even sixty years after their original release, EC Comics superstar Graham "Ghastly" Ingels's grisly pages retain the power to shock. Sucker Bait And Other Stories features 25 classic stories from Tales From the Crypt, Shock SuspenStories, Vault of Horror, and Ingels signature "Old Witch" character's special showcase Haunt of Fear- plus the usual fascinating historical, critical, and biographical material.

MMMmmm. Nice.

1801281988?profile=RESIZE_180x180EC JACK KAMEN ZERO HOUR & OTHER STORIES HC

1936221443?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: FANTAGRAPHICS BOOKS

(W) Al Feldstein & Various

(A/CA) Jack Kamen

$28.99

Fantagraphics' popular EC Library series continues with the science fiction work of Jack Kamen. On the surface, Kamen's style may seem wholesome but dark surprises and twists lurk just below the surface. Contains 22 classic EC yarns along with the usual all-new biographical, historical, and critical essays that have made Fantagraphics' EC Library series the ultimate version of these classics.

MMMmmm even nicer. But I'm sticking to my EC Archives, just the same.

1801281988?profile=RESIZE_180x180FERALS VOL 3 TP

1936223768?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: AVATAR PRESS INC

(W) David Lapham

(A/CA) Gabriel Andrade

$19.99

Dale Chesnutt has lost all control. The feral wolf blood within him leads him toward the murder of the man that killed his love and unborn child. And that bloodlust has driven him rabid with purpose. But when the community of Ferals feels trapped by the encroaching military confinement of their population, the proud bloodline responds in kind. While the insane Doctor Cherry's experiments turn from understanding the condition to becoming a slave to it. The end has come - it's the brink of war. DAVID LAPHAM has redefined the werewolf mythology into one of the most mesmerizing stories in comics today. This volume takes the Feral and human races to the brink and kicks them both over snarling and screaming for mercy. Ferals Vol 3 TP collects issues #13 - 18 of the Ferals series.

1801281988?profile=RESIZE_180x180GARFIELD #22

1936223940?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: BOOM ENTERTAINMENT

(W) Mark Evanier, Jim Davis

(A) Andy Hirsch & Various

(CA) Gary Barker

$3.99

Ever wonder what happens when Nermal gets shipped around the world by Garfield? This month, we'll find out, thanks to guest artist Sibylline Meynet!

1801281988?profile=RESIZE_180x180GRIMMS FAIRY TALES: ASCENSION #1

1936224060?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936224209?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936226328?profile=RESIZE_180x1801801281988?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936228213?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: ZENESCOPE ENTERTAINMENT INC

(W) Patrick Shand

(A) TBD

(CA) Abhishek Malsuni

$3.99

What if God lived among us?

The Being has won. Now with the almighty powers of the Keepers running through his veins, he descends onto Earth to begin his new reign. Though his intentions are to rid the world of evil, absolute power corrupts absolutely, and it falls to Sela and Van Helsing to put a stop to him. But what will they do when they see that many of their own have been wooed to the Being's side.
    " Samantha's fall into darkness begins!

1801281988?profile=RESIZE_180x180GRIMMS FAIRY TALES: CODE RED #3

1936228246?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936228488?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936228668?profile=RESIZE_180x1801801281988?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936228816?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: ZENESCOPE ENTERTAINMENT INC

(W) Patrick Shand

(A) Ricardo Osnaya

(CA) Jamal Igle

$2.99

Disregarding her orders, Red charges in to face the Dark Horde on her own. However, a simple mission quickly turns to a fight for her life when Red finds herself hopelessly outgunned. Can Red survive when the Horde rises anew, or will she fall in their shadow? Find out in this game-changing issue!

1801281988?profile=RESIZE_180x180GRIMMS FAIRY TALES: OZ #6

1936229171?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936231384?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936233287?profile=RESIZE_180x1801801281988?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936236058?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: ZENESCOPE ENTERTAINMENT INC

(W) Joe Brusha

(A) Rolando Neto

(CA) Ken Lashley

$2.99

The fate of all the realms of power hangs in the balance as Dorothy battles the Witches of Oz for control of the powerful Viridian Scepter. Don't miss the exciting conclusion to the first Oz series from Zenescope Entertainment!

In regard to the second cover above, I had no idea they taught kung fu in Depression-era Kansas. Nice moves for a farmgirl!

1801281988?profile=RESIZE_180x180GOD IS DEAD #1

1936238004?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: AVATAR PRESS INC

(W) Jonathan Hickman, Mike Costa

(A) Di Amorim, Rafael Ortiz

(CA) Jacen Burrows

$3.99

Cover: Jacen Burrows

Writer: Jonathan Hickman & Mike Costa

Art: Di Amorim & Rafa Ortiz

... and I'm not feeling so well myself. [Rimshot]

1801281988?profile=RESIZE_180x180GOD IS DEAD #6

1936238401?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936240401?profile=RESIZE_320x3201801281988?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936242838?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936245134?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: AVATAR PRESS INC

(W) Jonathan Hickman, Mike Costa

(A) Di Amorim

(CA) Jonathan Hickman

$3.99

The battle of the gods is over and one stands supreme above all of the world. This is truly the end of days...until the gods of humankind are born and rise up. From the very DNA of the gods, man has once again taken pride and hubris to the very brink. Three who would formerly oppose the gods as mortals now walk as the divine. And they must use their newfound divinity to battle the very god of gods. JONATHAN HICKMAN's unique vision of a world literally facing divine destruction brings its first chapter to a close with the most shocking of endings. Available with a Regular cover by Jonathan Hickman, End of Days cover, Iconic, and Gilded Order Incentive copies by Jacen Burrows and a special Carnage Wraparound by Rafa Ortiz.

• GOLD DIGGER PLATINUM VOL 6

1936200015?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: ANTARCTIC PRESS

(W/A/CA) Fred Perry

$14.99

The dragon Dreadwing raids an Enigma Temple, looking to claim its living magic artifact and doom some of his most powerful enemies at the same time. As Gina and Brit' convince Jade's dragons to help hunt him down, T'Mat's obsession with vengeance leads her to desperate measures. Meanwhile, Aljabra is left to teach Gina's class a lesson about dragons...one Gina didn't intend for the lesson plan! And another criminal hunt begins when O'Mommah, Lulubell and Platinus escape Jade's Super Dungeon to wreak vengeance on Prince Lowtor!

1801281988?profile=RESIZE_180x180HAGANAI I HAVE NO FRIENDS VOL 5  GN

1936201935?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: ST. MARTINS PRESS

(W) Yomi Hirasaka

(A/CA) Itachi

$12.99

The geeks shall inherit the earth in this New York Times best-selling series! Recent high school transfer student Hasegawa Kodaka is pathetically inept at making friends. Kodaka is an outcast, with his natural blond hair which he inherited from his deceased English mother, and his unpleasant, fierce gaze. When he comes across the brash loner Mikazuki Yozora, who typically chats with her imaginary friend, the two outsiders become the unlikeliest of allies. Will these quirky misfits ever make normal friends, or are they all doomed to social failure?

1801281988?profile=RESIZE_180x180

HAPPY MARRIAGE VOL 4 GN

1936204274?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: VIZ LLC

(W/A/CA) Maki Enjoji

$9.99

Chiwa Takanashi has married a total stranger -- company president Hokuto Mamiya- to get her father out of debt.

With her first attempt at making love with her husband foiled, Chiwa starts going out drinking every night with Yu Yagami. Hokuto blames himself for what happened, but how long will Chiwa allow her husband to keep her at a distance?

What a weird problem these people have. Of course, a guy with purple hair might not be interested in women at all.

1801281988?profile=RESIZE_180x180KAMISAMA KISS VOL 14 GN

1936206346?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: VIZ LLC

(W/A/CA) Julietta Suzuki

$9.99

In this volume of the supernatural slapstick comedy, Nanami has unwittingly taken over his job as a local diety!

My wife has named her car Kitsune, so if this has a lot of that sort of thing, she'd probably like it. But it's hard to tell from the description.

1801281988?profile=RESIZE_180x180KNIGHTS OF THE DINNER TABLE #205

1936208749?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: KENZER & COMPANY

(W/A) Jolly Blackburn

(CA) TBD

$5.99

This multiple award-winning comic magazine features the hilarious misadventures of a group of gamers (the Knights) and their friends, along with useful role-playing and other articles for gamers, from a gamer's perspective. It's a slice of (fantasy) life in strips, articles, reviews and features, and a wonderful celebration of the gaming culture!

Oh, an Abbey Road swipe. How original.

1801281988?profile=RESIZE_180x180LOVE IN HELL VOL 2 GN

1936210850?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: ST. MARTINS PRESS

(W/A/CA) Reiji Suzumaru

$11.99

You've been naughty ... welcome to Hell! Rintaro Senkawa is a regular guy in his mid-20's who got a little drunk one night and fell to his death. But that is just the beginning of Rintaro's story, as he finds himself unexpectedly in Hell where he meets his guide, the painfully sexy devil Koyori. Can Rintaro take his situation seriously enough to repent for the sins of his former life or is he fated to be eternally tempted, teased, and tortured by scantily-clad devils with iron spiked clubs?

Wait, those are the choices? Geez, hell isn't so awful after all!

1801281988?profile=RESIZE_180x180LOXLEYS AND THE WAR OF 1812 HC 2ND ED

1936211155?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: RENEGADE ARTS ENTERTAINMENT

(W) Alan Grant

(A/CA) Jean-Claude St.

$19.99

Revised and Updated! This historically accurate graphicnovel about a Canadian family caught up in the War of 1812 comes with an accompanying illustrated summary of the war and its implications for both Canada and the United States. The story follows the Loxleys, a Canadian family living in the Niagara peninsula as they're torn apart by the American invasion of Canada in 1812. This second edition features a hard cover and over 30 pages of updated artwork.

1801281988?profile=RESIZE_180x180LUNCH LADY & SCHOOLWIDE SCUFFLE YR GN

1936211281?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: RANDOM HOUSE

(W/A/CA) Jarret J. Krosoczka

$6.99

Lunch Lady and Betty have been unceremoniously cut from the school budget, and the timing couldn't be worse-the villains from all nine of her previous adventures are worming their way back into Thompson Brook with a masterfully devious plan. Will the Breakfast Bunch still be able to count on Lunch Lady's superhero gadgets and abilities to save the school, or are they on their own? Don't miss Lunch Lady's swashbuckling finale!

1801281988?profile=RESIZE_180x180MILAN K PART 1: TEENAGE YEARS HC

1936213349?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: HUMANOIDS INC

(W) Sam Timel

(A/CA) Corentin

$29.95

Son of a Russian oligarch, he was born rich and was enrolled in one of the most exclusive boarding schools on the planet, when he abruptly lost everything. With his family murdered, and his wealth stolen by the Russian powers that be, he was left with nothing but the knowledge that escape was his only choice. Now, after hiding for years in the L.A. Suburbs, his real identity is uncovered, and his past becomes a threat to his present! To survive and fight back, he will become Milan K.

Something bothered me about this until I realized that it may be the first Humanoids book I've ever seen that wasn't bizarre, Moebius-inspired science fiction. Those people look ... well, kinda normal.

1801281988?profile=RESIZE_180x180MY BOYFRIEND IS A VAMPIRE COLLECTED ED VOL 6 GN

1936213475?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: ST. MARTINS PRESS

(W/A/CA) Han Yu-Rang

$17.99

Being beautiful is never easy, especially if you're an 18-year-old boy like Ryu who is constantly mistaken for a girl because of his delicate good looks. Ryu is, in fact, anything but delicate. He is the ringleader of a group of tough kids in an all boy's school, and he's quick to beat the living daylights out of anyone who even hints that he resembles a girl. When Ryu stumbles upon strange happenings in the forest, he gets sucked into a world of vampire intrigue and sinister romance that he never knew existed. And he learns that there are worse things than being turned into a vampire: being turned into a girl!

Most girls only think their boyfriends are vampires! (And there's that purple hair again ... )

1801281988?profile=RESIZE_180x180MYSTERIOUS STRANGERS VOL 1: STRANGE WAYS TP

1936215809?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: ONI PRESS INC.

(W) Chris Roberson

(A/CA) Scott Kowalchuk, Dan Jackson

$19.99

The Swinging Sixties are back, and they're Stranger than ever! No one knows the Strange better than the Strangers. Michael, Verity, and Sandoval have seen it all - but there is always something even stranger waiting just around the corner. Mysterious temples, peculiar pop bands, and unidentified flying oddities are just a few of the things mystifying Absalom Quince and his team, sworn to protect the world from the Strange. This collection is perfect for longtime fans or for those not yet touched by the Strange! And a great addition to anyone's secret-passageway-concealing bookcase!

1801281988?profile=RESIZE_180x180NINJAGO VOL 9 HC

1936215954?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: NBM

(W) Greg Farshtey

(A/CA) Jolyon Yates

$10.99

The Masters of Spinjitzu return! The saga continues here, and only here! After the defeat of the Stone Warriors, Jay, Cole, Zane, and Kai have to regroup fast when an even greater challenge rises from the shadows. With their ranks divided against the most sinister, most unstoppable foe they have ever faced, the ninja must call upon everything they've learned from Sensei Wu . . . and more. This is the one you've been waiting for! All-new high-kicking action from the world of Ninjago!

1801281988?profile=RESIZE_180x180PRE CODE CLASSIC THING VOL 1 HC

1936216038?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: PS ARTBOOKS

(W) Lawrence Watt-Evans

(A) Dick Giordano & Various

$47.99

The Thing! began in 1952 and lasted seventeen issues, featuring the Thing (never seen clearly) as a narrator. Although there was an obvious E.C. influence, the stories got wilder than anything the tightly-controlled E.C. crew ever produced, and features early work by a pre-Spider-Man Steve Ditko. Collects issues #1-9.

I've seen enough references to this title from collections starring Ditko and others that I confess to some curiosity.

1801281988?profile=RESIZE_180x180PRE-CODE CLASSIC THING VOL 2 HC

1936218168?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: PS ARTBOOKS

(W) Lawrence Watt-Evans

(A) Bob Forgione & Various

$47.99

The Thing! began in 1952 and lasted seventeen issues, featuring the Thing (never seen clearly) as a narrator. Although there was an obvious E.C. influence, the stories got wilder than anything the tightly-controlled E.C. crew ever produced. Volume 2 collects issues #10-17.

1801281988?profile=RESIZE_180x180REGULAR SHOW #9

1936218259?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: BOOM ENTERTAINMENT

(W) K.C. Green, Jake Wyatt

(A) Allison Strejlau, Jake Wyatt

(CA) Ian Bertram, Laura Birdsall

$3.99

Mordecai and Rigby have a plan! It's only a matter of time before our friends finally have their time in the sun, but will they be able to make it? Will Benson finally be able to stop their shenanigans for good? It's going to be a crazy issue starring our favorite park employees!

1801281988?profile=RESIZE_180x180RETROWORLD HC

1936220689?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: HUMANOIDS INC

(W) Patrick Galliano

(A) Cedric Peyravernay, Bazal

(CA) Cedric Peyravernay

$29.95

The Earthlings have been occupying the known universe for such a long time that some worlds have forgotten their true origins. The planets which have kept a memory of the "Formers" have come together to form a Galactic Federation, whereas the "Retroes" are worlds that have returned to an archaic way of life. The Federation entrusts a delicate mission to its best agent to help a retro world called Almagiel evolve. Retroworld is a rich sci-fi saga adapted from the work of Julia Verlanger, one of the most celebrated authors of the French science fiction movement.

Aha! See? Here's a typical Humanoids production. Weird, alien-ish people with yellow skin and funny armor, THAT'S Humanoids! Office workers, not so much.

1801281988?profile=RESIZE_180x180REVELATIONS #2

1936222852?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: BOOM ENTERTAINMENT

(W) Paul Jenkins

(A/CA) Humberto Ramos

$3.99

News has broken to the press! Mysterious death at the Vatican! Detective Charlie Northern has always been a fan of conspiracy theories, but he believes the confusing twists and turns of his investigation can be pin-pointed to one person: Cardinal Gianfranco Tsocianni.

The closer Northern gets to uncovering the secrests of the Catholic Church, the more doors Tsocianni closes. While Tsocianni claims Northern's lack of faith makes him a bad detective, Northern knows that it may be the one reason he will crack this case wide open.

1801281988?profile=RESIZE_180x180ROBOCOP HOMINEM EX MACHINA ONE-SHOT

1936226489?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: BOOM ENTERTAINMENT

(W) Michael Moreci

(A) Jason Copland

(CA) Riley Rossmo

$3.99

WHY WE LOVE IT: With the release of RoboCop, a re-of the all-classic, fans of the new and old will be immersed in the action, oppression and humanity that is RoboCop. We cannot wait to be first in line for this new motion picture event!

WHY YOU'LL LOVE IT: Four anthology-one-exploring the world of the new film, brought to you by some of the freshest voices in the industry -Joe Harris (GREAT PACIFIC), Frank Barbiere (FIVE GHOSTS), Ed Brisson (SHELTERED), and Michael Moreci
    (HOAX HUNTERS).

WHAT IT'S ABOUT: After a series of successful campaigns that cripple a portion of Detroit's criminal activities, RoboCop's system inexplicably goes down. While RoboCop's consciousness remains, his control is gone.

1801281988?profile=RESIZE_180x180ROBOCOP LAST STAND #7

1936226690?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: BOOM ENTERTAINMENT

(W) Frank Miller, Steven Grant

(A) Korkut Öztekin

(CA) Declan Shalvey

$3.99

The RoboCop of old Detroit is gone. In his place stands the last hope for this dying city. With an army of Otomo unleashed, he may not survive the night. While the battle of Detroit rages, Faxx must come face-to-face with Marie's legacy.

1801281988?profile=RESIZE_180x180ROVER RED CHARLIE #3

1936228557?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936230840?profile=RESIZE_320x320Publisher: AVATAR PRESS INC

(W) Garth Ennis

(A/CA) Michael DiPascale

$3.99

These three canine companions have traveled out of the city, into the countryside and are now in unknown land fraught with danger. GARTH ENNIS delivers a story like no other, as an unlikely band of canines set out to survive in a world gone horribly mad and fully-painted by Michael Dipascale. Step into the mind of man's best friend in a story that is one part Animal Farm and 100% Ennis! Available with a Regular, Wraparound, and a Dog Days Order Incentive cover by series artist Michael Dipascale.

1801281988?profile=RESIZE_180x180ROY THOMAS PRESENTS COLLECTED PACK

1936230791?profile=RESIZE_320x320Publisher: PS ARTBOOKS

(W) Carmen Infantino & Various

(A) George Evans & Various

$94.99

Thanks to the tireless Roy Thomas (yes, that man has no tires), PS's Roy Thomas Presents series has become the flagship of the company's reprint project, but there are a few folks yet to sample the goodies on offer. Boo! But fear not because, always sympathetic to those folks who need a little extra incentive (gentle persuasion, blackmail, out-and-out threats), we're making available, at a special pre-Christmas price, three volumes culled from Roy's RTP series starting with the first four issues of the legendary Planet Comics; the premier book of adventures of comicdom's first muck monster The Heap; plus the complete series featuring the one-time TV swashbuckler Captain Video and his Video Rangers. And, as long as supplies last, we're even throwing in a copy of our Showcase sampler containing everything we've been doing so far.

1801281988?profile=RESIZE_180x180ROY THOMAS PRESENTS PLANET COMICS SLIPCASE EDITION VOL 3

1936230945?profile=RESIZE_320x320Publisher: PS ARTBOOKS

(W) Michael T. Gilbert

(A) George Tuska & Various

$64.99

More "out of this world" yarns from the heroes and heroines of the spaceways that first appeared from Fiction House over a thirteen-year period ending in 1953. They're all here - Flint Baker, Reef Ryan, The Space Rangers, Gale Allen, Star Pirate, Mysta of the Moon, Norge Benson, and many more! Collecting issues #9-12 (September 1940 to May 1941). Limited to only 300 slipcased copies.

1801281988?profile=RESIZE_180x180SIXTH GUN VOL 6 TP

1936231232?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: ONI PRESS INC.

(W) Cullen Bunn

(A/CA) Brian Hurtt

$19.99

Our world has not always been this way. And our world may be different yet. Becky Montcrief embarks on a Ghost Dance to witness what the terrifying, reality-shaping power of the Six Guns have wrought... and what they might yet bring about. But she is pursued by a band of fierce Skinwalkers, and in order to survive these supernatural hunters, she must fight side-by-side with the most unexpected of allies-the four horsemen of General Oliander Bedford Hume!

1801281988?profile=RESIZE_180x180STREET FIGHTER CLASSIC VOL 2: CANNON STRIKE HC

1936231513?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: UDON ENTERTAINMENT CORP

(W) Ken Siu-Chong

(A) Alvin Lee & Various

(CA) Joe Ng

$49.99

Presenting UDON's classic Street Fighter comics in gorgeous oversized hardcover format! In Vol.2, Ryu trains with both the mysterious Dhalsim and former assassin Gen as he searches for the true path of the warrior. Meanwhile, Cammy and T. Hawk team up against M. Bison and his army of killer Dolls! Collects the original Street Fighter #11-14 and Street Fighter II #0-6, plus cover art and bonus stories from some of the hottest names in comics!

1801281988?profile=RESIZE_180x180SUICIDE RISK #10

1936231608?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: BOOM ENTERTAINMENT

(W) Mike Carey

(A) Jorge Coehlo

(CA) Stephanie Hans

$3.99

Leo Winters was not the first hero that power-dealers Jed and Hailey turned, but he soon may be their last after a mysterious organization targets the pair for destruction. In this one-shot, Mike Carey reveals the origins of the hapless, larceny-inclinced couple, With art by guest artist Jorge Coehlo (POLARITY).

1801281988?profile=RESIZE_180x180THING BOXSET EDITION

1936231584?profile=RESIZE_320x320Publisher: PS ARTBOOKS

(W) Lawrence Watt-Evans

(A) Dick Giordano & Various

$120.00

The Thing! began in 1952 and lasted seventeen issues, featuring the Thing (never seen clearly) as a narrator. Although there was an obvious EC influence, the stories got wilder than anything the tightly-controlled EC crew ever produced. Volume 1 collects issues #1-9 and Volume 2 collects #10-17.

Are those hardbacks? I can't tell. If they are, that might be the best way to get these.

1801281988?profile=RESIZE_180x180UBER #2 ANGEL OF DEATH

1936231806?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: AVATAR PRESS INC

(W) Kieron Gillen

(A) Canaan White

(CA) Michael DiPascale

$9.99

No one sees Sieglinde and lives for long! This stunning new cover by Michael Dipascale is limited to 1000 copies.

1801281988?profile=RESIZE_180x180UBER #7 WAR CRIMES

1936231777?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: AVATAR PRESS INC

(W) Kieron Gillen

(A) Canaan White

(CA) Michael DiPascale

$5.99

The smash-hit line of War Crimes covers by Michael Dipascale continues! Limited 1500 copies.

• Black Widow 3- listen to the Captain- buy this book- you won't regret it

Ms. Marvel 1

Turok 1

My Little Pony 16- I have two daughters

Lazarus 6

X-Men 10

Garfield 22- did I mention I have two daughters?

Plus, I might take a look at the new Wolverine 1, the Green Lantern/Red Lanterns special double-issue and I think I'm still on the hook for GI Joe 13 though that title is now on pull-list probation. 

• ps. Thanks for running this every week, Cap. 

This reply was deleted.