Comics Guide for Jan. 29, 2014

Welcome to Comics Guide Airlines! I'm your pilot, Captain Comics. This is an excellent flight, with lots to see, but as usual we have a few words about safety:

1. Remember that clicking on art will get you a larger version, so don't hurt your eyes squinting at the thumbnail!

2. We have separated Action Lab, Archie and Dynamite out of the "Other Publishers" list into their own sections because ... well, because. I do have their solicitations, so it's easy.

3. I will add any previews that arrive on Monday and Tuesday.

4. Remember to leave your flight attendant in his or her original upright position!

Here we go:

THE CAPTAIN'S PICKS

MIRACLEMAN #2

THE ORIGINAL WRITER & MICK ANGLO (W)

GARRY LEACH, ALAN DAVIS, PAUL NEARY, STEVE DILLON & MICK ANGLO (A)

ISSUE #2 – COVER BY ALAN DAVIS

VARIANT COVER BY ARTHUR ADAMS

VARIANT COVER BY MIKE PERKINS

VARIANT COVER BY MIKE MCKONE

SKETCH VARIANT BY ALAN DAVIS

48 PGS./Parental Advisory…$4.99

• KIMOTA! With one magic word, a long-forgotten legend lives again!

• Freelance reporter Michael Moran always knew he was meant for something more -- now, a strange series of events leads him to reclaim his destiny!

• Relive the ground-breaking eighties adventures that captured lightning in a bottle -- or experience them for the first time -- in these digitally restored, fully relettered editions!

• Issue 1 includes material originally presented in WARRIOR #1 and MIRACLEMAN #1, plus the MARVELMAN PRIMER. Issue #2 includes material originally presented in WARRIOR #1-5, plus bonus material.

Somone asked on this board if Miracleman could possibly have the same impact now as it did when it first came out. And no, I can't imagine that it would, since all its coolest stuff has been cannibalized over the years to the point where the title is no longer avant-garde. But that question is apparently pretty common, as I've seen a half dozen articles on the Internet the last few weeks by fanboys coming to Miracleman's defense. That's as it should be -- maybe Miracleman won't blow people's doors off today like it did in the 1980s, but it's still a historically significant book that changed the way people looked at superheroes.

ACTION LAB

FINAL PLAGUE #4

(W) J. D. Arnold

(A/CA) Tony Guaraldi-Brown

$2.99

Monkeys on the loose in New Jersey! The hounds are released in Iowa! And in Chicago - Lions, Tigers, and Bears! Oh my! The final plague continues to spread. Panic has gripped the globe, and the world begins to burn.

The next issue has a zombie tiger on the cover, and this month we have a zombie lion. You know, I haven't read this book, so I may be missing the point, but aren't lions and tigers pretty lethal when they AREN'T zombies? But we don't worry about them, because our odds of meeting one -- zombie plague or not -- are pretty minuscule.

What would scare me, if animals turned zombie, are all the animals we DO meet on a daily basis that are ordinarly NOT lethal, but now would be. Dogs, cats, raccoons, squirrels ... we would literally be eaten alive. Worst of all? Zombie rats. Think about thousands of zombie rats scrambling out of the sewers with a mad urge to eat us. Now THAT'S scary.

FRACTURE ENCORE EDITION ONE-SHO

(W) Shawn Gabborin

(A/CA) Chad Cicconi

$3.99

Just in time for Fracture Volume 2, see where the story began with this encore edition of Fracture Volume 1 #1! In the metropolis of Lower Triton, the city's greatest hero, Virtue, its nastiest villain, Malice, and an everyman named Jeff have something very important in common. They're all the same guy - and none of them knows it until now!

ARCHIE COMICS

ARCHIE DOUBLE DIGEST #248

Script: Mike Pellowski

Art: Fernando Ruiz, Jim Amash, Bill Yoshida, and Barry Grossman

Cover: Fernando Ruiz, Bob Smith, Rosario “Tito” Peña

160-page, full color comic, $3.99 U.S.

Get ready for a wild ride filled with action and adventure! Journey along with Archie as he embarks on the dangerous task of… watering the plants?! Leave it to Archie to make household chores exciting! Find out if it’s a job well done in “Green Thumb Dumb,” the lead story to a hilarious double digest!

SONIC THE HEDGEHOG ARCHIVES 22 TPB

Publisher: ARCHIE COMIC PUBLICATIONS

Script & Art: Various

Cover: Patrick "SPAZ" Spaziante

$7.99/$8.99CAN

5 x 7 3/8”

Trade Paperback, 112pp, Full Color

Archie's bestselling Sonic Archives graphic novel series continues! Get ready for super Sonic adventure as Sonic and his Freedom Fighter friends continue their battle in the lost city of Station Square amidst its mysterious human inhabitants! Buckle up for the dramatic conclusion to the Sonic Adventure videogame tie-in story as Super Sonic and Knuckles take on the gigantic monster Perfect Chaos in a battle that will leave you breathless! SONIC ARCHIVES VOLUME 22 collects SONIC THE HEDGEHOG #83-84 and SONIC SUPER SPECIAL #13.

DARK HORSE COMICS

CONAN AND THE PEOPLE OF THE BLACK CIRCLE #4 (of 4)

CONAN’S LAST STAND!

Fred Van Lente (W) and Ariel Olivetti (A/Cover)

FC, 32 pages, $3.50

Miniseries

To rescue the captive Devi Yasmina, Conan will have to overcome the malicious magicks of the Black Seers of Yimsha. But even if he can defeat the foul sorcerers in their own mountain fortress, he must still contend with their even more formidable master!

• From the celebrated team behind Hercules and Hulk!

“Ariel Olivetti’s art is simply beautiful.”—Comic Book Resources

FURIOUS #1 (of 5)

RAGE FUELED JUSTICE!

Bryan J. L. Glass (W)

Victor Santos (A/Cover)

FC, 32 pages, $3.99

Miniseries

Staring into a fractured mirror of her life, the world’s first superhero, Furious, seeks to atone for her past sins by doling out rage-fueled justice! But the spotlight of our celebrity-obsessed media threatens to undo her noblest efforts and expose her true identity before she can achieve redemption.

• From Bryan J. L. Glass and Victor Santos the creative team of Mice Templar!

• Furious is where celebrity, fame, and superheroes meet.

This isn't the first time the idea of superhero-as-celebrity has been explored -- Marvel's X-Statix and Image's Ultra leap to mind -- but I think the concept is more in tune with our times than the "dark avenger of the night" mystery-man image left over from the '40s, the super-cop of the '60s or even the dark anti-hero of the '80s and '90s. Which is not to say I will necessarily enjoy this -- I'm not too fond of our fame-crazed pop culture, and still can't force myself to watch reality shows.

GANTZ VOLUME 30 TP

ALIEN HELL!

Hiroya Oku (W/A)

B&W, 192 pages, $13.99

TP, 5 1/8” x 7 1/16”

As masses of helpless humans are brought aboard the gigantic alien mothership, the horror on the ground below looks like a picnic compared to what the monstrous invaders have in store for their prisoners. But despite the odds, Kei Kurono has infiltrated the mothership and its alien city, and he may have only one chance to find his lost love before she suffers a bizarre fate worse than death!

Gantz has sold over fifteen million copies in Japan!

• Popular anime series and live-action feature.

Gantz is unrelenting.”—Manga HelpersNEVER ENDING #3 (of 3)

HOW DO YOU KILL AN UNKILLABLE MAN?

Adam Knave (W), D. J. Kirkbride (W), and Robert Love (A/C/Cover)

FC, 32 pages, $3.99

Miniseries

It’s all down to this: the driven-yet-demented hero Chuck Baxter versus mortality and his own superpowers! Can evil scientist Archibald McCrae achieve his life’s goal and kill the earth’s only unkillable man? And when Chuck’s past comes to haunt him, how will he respond? Either way, this is the end.

• The Eisner and Harvey Award–winning writers behind Amelia Cole deliver their first superhero adventure!

SERENITY: LEAVES ON THE WIND #1 (of 6)

ZACK WHEDON WRITES THE CANONICAL FOLLOW-UP TO THE FILM!

Zack Whedon (W), Georges Jeanty (P/Variant cover), Karl Story (I), Laura Martin (C/Variant cover), and Dan Dos Santos (Cover)

FC, 32 pages, $3.50

Miniseries

Malcolm Reynolds’s crew shook the ’verse to its core when they laid bare the crimes against humanity undertaken by their sinister government—the Alliance. Always outlaws, Mal, a very pregnant Zoe, new pilot River Tam, and the other surviving crew members are in greater danger than ever. Meanwhile, everyone is asking the same question . . .

• Buffy’s Season 8 and 9 artist conquers the galaxy!

• Executive produced by Joss Whedon!

“As a science fiction story, Serenity has it all.”—Broken Frontier

Where’s Serenity?

SLEDGEHAMMER 44: LIGHTNING WAR #3 (of 3)

MIKE MIGNOLA’S IRON SOLDIER TAKES ON THE NAZIS!

Mike Mignola (W), John Arcudi (W), Laurence Campbell (A/Cover), and Dave Stewart (C)

FC, 32 pages, $3.50

Miniseries

A battle between the Black Flame and the iron soldier known as Sledgehammer heats up as the fight over a cutting-edge American warplane explodes in the sky!

• From the pages of Hellboy!

“Mignola has hit a home run with [Sledgehammer].”—Comic Bastards

“Mignola has, seemingly without effort, created another iconic superhero.”—Geeks Unleashed

Yes, this does seem like "Iron Man in World War II" at first blush, but remember that Iron Man himself had predecessors in the '40s, like "Electro, the Marvel of the Age!" And this is by Mike Mignola, so it's bound to be a different take than straightforward superheroics. Wherever this gets collected, I'll be there to buy it.

You need to be a member of Captain Comics to add comments!

Join Captain Comics

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

•  DC COMICS

ADVENTURES OF SUPERMAN #9

1936196681?profile=RESIZE_180x180Written by CHRISTOS N. GAGE

Art by EDUARDO FRANCISCO

Cover by DAN PANOSIAN

40 pg, FC, $3.99 U.S. • RATED T • DIGITAL FIRST

Avert your eyes! Down on the ground! It’s not a bird! It’s not a plane! It am Bizarro!

Me hate it! Me am not jumping for joy! Hello!

1801215843?profile=RESIZE_180x180ALL-STAR WESTERN #27

1936198641?profile=RESIZE_180x180Written by JUSTIN GRAY and JIMMY PALMIOTTI

Art by MORITAT

Cover by GIUSEPPE CAMUNCOLI and NORM RAPMUND

32 pg, FC, $3.99 U.S. • RATED T+

Hex’s journey through the modern age continues! Guess whose attention Hex attracts as he makes his way to Metropolis!

This is why I didn't like Hex (a book with Jonah in the far future), and why I'm not looking forward to reading this story in trade.  Hex is just so out-classed in future stories that I think it lessens him as a character. He is of, by, and for his time.

That being said, I laughed out loud when Batman went back in time on the Brave and Bold cartoon to the Old West, and one of Jonah Hex's first lines when he got a gander of the Bat-costume was "Time traveler, eh?" Man of few words, that Jonah.1801215843?profile=RESIZE_180x180AQUAMAN #27

1936198916?profile=RESIZE_180x180Written by JEFF PARKER

Art by PAUL PELLETIER, NETHO DIAZ and SEAN PARSONS

Cover by PAUL PELLETIER and SEAN PARSONS

1:25 SCRIBBLENAUTS UNMASKED variant cover

32 pg, FC, $2.99 U.S. • RATED T

This issue will ship with two covers.

From the depths of the ocean comes the Karaqan — a monster so immense, Aquaman doesn’t even know how to start battling it! And while he may have no idea what it is, the people of Atlantis do — and the LAST thing they want is for their king to try to stop it!

Release the Karaqan!

1801215843?profile=RESIZE_180x180BATMAN AND ROBIN ANNUAL #2

1936198974?profile=RESIZE_180x180Written by PETER J. TOMASI

Art by DOUG MAHNKE

Cover by MIKE McKONE

48 pg, FC, $4.99 U.S. • RATED T

A YEAR ONE ADVENTURE OF DICK GRAYSON AS ROBIN! Bruce Wayne and Dick Grayson have shared a distinctive crimefighting role: Both have played Batman to a young Robin, so when they discover something important that Damian left behind it leads them to relive one of their first adventures in Gotham City as Batman and Robin!

So, is this title now the moral equivalent of the old Brave and Bold Batman team-up series, with the guest character's name now included as part of the title? If so, that's quite a high-wire act. How often can they plausibly add a new guest star (and get rid of the old one) every issue in an ongoing narrative? This issue has a plausible reason for adding "Robin" to the title, but how often can that happen?

1801215843?profile=RESIZE_180x180BATMAN: BATMAN AND SON TP NEW EDITION

1936201198?profile=RESIZE_180x180Written by GRANT MORRISON

Art by ANDY KUBERT, J.H. WILLIAMS III, JOHN VAN FLEET, TONY S. DANIEL, RYAN BENJAMIN and others

Cover by ANDY KUBERT

384 pg, FC, $19.99 U.S.

These tales from BATMAN #655-658, 663-669 and 672-675 introduce Damian Wayne! Plus, Batman and a group of global heroes face a killer on a mysterious island, and Batman relives an adventure in the life of young Bruce Wayne: the hunt for his parents’ killer.

1801266140?profile=RESIZE_180x180BATMAN: THE DARK KNIGHT #27

1936203398?profile=RESIZE_180x180Written by GREGG HURWITZ

Art by ALBERTO PONTICELLI

Cover by CHRIS BURNHAM

32 pg, FC, $2.99 U.S., RATED T

In this conclusion to the storyline “VOICELESS,” the illegal immigrants of Gotham City have been forced into slave labor by the Penguin. And Batman will stop at nothing to shut it all down!

1801215843?profile=RESIZE_180x180BEWARE THE BATMAN #4

1936203537?profile=RESIZE_180x180Written by IVAN COHEN

Art and cover by LUCIANO VECCHIO

32 pg, FC, $2.99 U.S. • RATED E

Just when Batman is able to provide Kirk Langstrom (a.k.a. Man-Bat) with a possible cure to his affliction, a different man-sized bat begins terrorizing Gotham City! But who is this shadowy new foe? And where did he come from?

1801215843?profile=RESIZE_180x180CATWOMAN #27

1936203768?profile=RESIZE_180x180Written by ANN NOCENTI

Art by RAFA SANDOVAL and JORDI TARRAGONA

Cover by TERRY DODSON and RACHEL DODSON

32 pg, FC, $2.99 U.S. • RATED T+

A “GOTHTOPIA” tie-In! Everything’s all right in Selina Kyle’s world. As the fabled Catbird of Gotham City, she fights alongside Batman to keep the city safe. So why does it all feel so wrong?

I didn't realize when I read the Gothtopia story in Detective #27 that it was the launch of a new storyline, so I'm afraid I didn't read it very carefully. Anyone have any idea what's going on?

1801215843?profile=RESIZE_180x180DAMIAN: SON OF BATMAN #4

1936203833?profile=RESIZE_180x180Written by ANDY KUBERT

Art and cover by ANDY KUBERT

1:25 Variant cover by DUSTIN NGUYEN

1:100 B&W Variant cover by ANDY KUBERT

32 pg, FC, 4 of 4, $3.99 U.S. • RATED T

This issue will ship with three covers.

Will the devastating events of Damian Wayne’s life push this troubled hero over the edge and send him straight into the abyss? Find out in the epic finale to this futuristic tale of tragedy!

1801215843?profile=RESIZE_180x180DEAD BOY DETECTIVES #2

1936203937?profile=RESIZE_180x180Written by TOBY LITT and MARK BUCKINGHAM

Art by MARK BUCKINGHAM and GARY ERSKINE

Cover by MARK BUCKINGHAM

32 pg, FC, $2.99 U.S. • RATED T

From the pages of THE SANDMAN! Neil Gaiman’s intrepid dead schoolboys head back to the horror that is St. Hilarions School; the place where they both were murdered. While trying to protect their new acquaintance, techno-savvy sleuth Crystal, from suffering the same fate at the hands of familiar bullies, Charles and Edwin begin to unravel the mysteries surrounding their own untimely demise.

I have often wondered how the dead boys got so dead so young. I have the same question about Casper the Friendly Ghost.

1801215843?profile=RESIZE_180x180EARTH 2 ANNUAL #2

1936204091?profile=RESIZE_180x180Written by TOM TAYLOR

Art by ROBSON ROCHA and SCOTT HANNA

Cover by RAGS MORALES

48 pg, FC, $4.99 US • RATED T

The origin of Earth 2’s new Batman is revealed. But after he tells his tale, will any of the other heroes trust him again?

Well, you have to have a Batman, don't you?

1801215843?profile=RESIZE_180x180FABLES #137

1936204316?profile=RESIZE_180x180Written by BILL WILLINGHAM

Art by MARK BUCKINGHAM and RUSS BRAUN

Cover by GEORGE PRATT

32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • MATURE READERS

The conclusion of the epic “Camelot” storyline finds Rose Red taking names and saving Snow White from imminent danger. But at what cost?

Only 13 issues left. *Sniff!*

1801215843?profile=RESIZE_180x180THE FLASH #27

1936204337?profile=RESIZE_180x180Written by BRIAN BUCCELLATO

Art by PATRICK ZIRCHER

Cover by PASQUAL FERRY

32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T

The Flash faces a mystical serial killer who might be responsible for his mother’s murder!

1801215843?profile=RESIZE_180x180FOREVER EVIL: A.R.G.U.S. #4

1936204393?profile=RESIZE_180x180Written by STERLING GATES

Art and cover by BRETT BOOTH and NORM RAPMUND

1:25 B&W Variant cover by BRETT BOOTH and NORM RAPMUND

32 pg, FC, 4 of 6, $2.99 US • RATED T

Steve Trevor’s quest to learn where the missing heroes are leads him to an unlikely ally—Killer Frost—and to one of his most deadly enemies: Cheetah!

Since that's Wonder Woman and not Killer Frost on the cover, I guess it depicts a flashback scene. Which raises the question: How long were Diana and Steve an item in The New 52? And were they really, or was that just wishful thinking on Steve's part? I've never really had a good handle on that.

1801215843?profile=RESIZE_180x180GREEN LANTERN CORPS ANNUAL #2

1936206709?profile=RESIZE_180x180Written by VAN JENSEN and ROBERT VENDITTI

Art by NEAL EDWARDS and SCOTT HANNA

Cover by ED BENES

The GLC in all-out battle with the combined might of the Durlans, Khund and Clann! Will the Green Lanterns partner with some of their worst enemies in order to survive this onslaught?

I've always kinda liked the idea that the Durlans are the most despised race in the universe, if for no other reason than it's a handy excuse for why they mostly stay on their home planet (instead of embarking on a campaign to infiltrate and conquer the universe, like the Skrulls). Besides, the way they have been depicted post-Silver Age is exceptionally creepy.

1801215843?profile=RESIZE_180x180GREEN LANTERN: NEW GUARDIANS VOL. 2 — BEYOND HOPE TP

1936209158?profile=RESIZE_180x180Written by TONY BEDARD

Art by TYLER KIRKHAM, TOMAS

GIORELLO, MARCIO TAKARA and others

Cover by TYLER KIRKHAM and BATT

144 pg, FC, $14.99 US

In this title collecting GREEN LANTERN: NEW GUARDIANS #8-12 and BLUE BEETLE #9, Odym, the homeworld of the Blue Lanterns, is being attacked by alien conquerors known as The Reach. But faced with betrayal by one of their own, the New Guardians’ uneasy alliance teeters on the edge of destruction.

1801266140?profile=RESIZE_180x180GREEN LANTERN: NEW GUARDIANS VOL. 3: LOVE AND DEATH HC

1936212270?profile=RESIZE_180x180Written by TONY BEDARD

Art by AARON KUDER, ANDREI BRESSAN, ANDRES GUINALDO and others

Cover by AARON KUDER

288 pg, FC, $24.99 US

In this new hardcover collecting issues #0 and 13-20 of the hit series, Kyle Rayner and his fellow Lanterns must join forces to beat back “The Third Army” and survive “The Wrath of the First Lantern!” Green Lantern Kyle Rayner must master the emotional spectrum to stand a chance against The Third Army. But even then, a more dangerous threat lurks in the shadows: The First Lantern!

1801255650?profile=RESIZE_180x180

1801205393?profile=RESIZE_180x180THE GREEN TEAM: TEEN TRILLIONAIRES #8

1936212455?profile=RESIZE_180x180Written by ART BALTAZAR and FRANCO

Art by IG GUARA

Cover by IG GUARA and J.P. MAYER

32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T • FINAL ISSUE

Through thick and thin, the Green Team has endured more pain and suffering than any teen trillionaire can withstand. Will this final issue be their breaking point?

I haven't read a single issue of this. Is it worth getting in trade, O Legionnaires?

1801205393?profile=RESIZE_180x180JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK #27

1936214913?profile=RESIZE_180x180Written by J.M. DeMATTEIS

Art and cover by MIKEL JANIN

32 pg, FC, $3.99 US • RATED T

A FOREVER EVIL tie-in! There is now only one final obstacle John Constantine’s ragtag team must vanquish…and its name is Blight! Continued from this month’s CONSTANTINE #10!

1801215843?profile=RESIZE_180x180JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK VOL. 3: THE DEATH OF MAGIC TP

1936214901?profile=RESIZE_180x180Written by JEFF LEMIRE and RAY FAWKES

Art by MIKEL JANIN, GRAHAM NOLAN and VICTOR DRUJINIU

Cover by MIKEL JANIN

192 pg, FC, $16.99 US

Transported to another dimension by the Books of Magic, Tim Hunter and Zatanna awake in a world where magic once ruled until mad scientists forced all magical creatures into exile. And while they explore this strange world, the remaining members of JLD follow them and find that the rules of magic here are very different and very deadly. Collecting issues #14-19 of the hit series!

I haven't had time to review this, but I have read it and the short review is that I enjoyed it. JLD might be the most interesting of the League titles, as it is certainly has the most flexible "membership."

1801266140?profile=RESIZE_180x180LARFLEEZE #7

1936217126?profile=RESIZE_180x180Written by KEITH GIFFEN

Art by SCOTT KOLINS

Cover by TYLER KIRKHAM

Larfleeze is branded “Public Enemy #1” by the Council of Ten! Plus, fallout from “Revolt of the Orange Lanterns” as the former Corpsmen find themselves imprisoned again!

Mine! Mineminemineminemine!

1801215843?profile=RESIZE_180x180RED LANTERNS #27

1936217139?profile=RESIZE_180x180Written by CHARLES SOULE

Art and cover by ALESSANDRO VITTI

32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T+

There’s a new gang in town as The Red Lanterns come to Earth!  How will the rest of the universe react to the Reds’ policing their new “jurisdiction”? And more important, how will Ice react when Guy Gardner comes a-courtin’? The cover’s a big hint!

Never knew what Ice saw in Guy. (Old guys like me have to say something like that once in a while to keep our AARP cards.)

1801215843?profile=RESIZE_180x180SMALLVILLE SEASON 11 SPECIAL #4

1936219557?profile=RESIZE_180x180Written by BRYAN Q. MILLER

Art and cover by CAT STAGGS

48 pg, FC, $4.99 US • RATED T • DIGITAL FIRST

Jay Garrick has opened a school for youth with special talents and abilities, to train a promising new generation of Super Heroes. However, things fall apart as a mysterious foe, determined to take down the new Titans team, attacks the San Francisco Pier—pushing these young heroes to their absolute limits.

Jay Garrick? That's awesome.

1801215843?profile=RESIZE_180x180SUPERMAN #27

1936221775?profile=RESIZE_180x180Written by SCOTT LOBDELL

Art by KENNETH ROCAFORT

Cover by KEN LASHLEY

The Parasite can’t be stopped—and he hungers for the power that Lois Lane possesses. Is there anything The Man of Steel can do, or will he lose his best friend? The answer will surprise you!

Wait, who would be considered Superman's best friend in The New 52? I'm guessing it's not Jimmy Olsen.

1801215843?profile=RESIZE_180x180

• TALON #15

1936199519?profile=RESIZE_180x180Written by MARGUERITE BENNETT

Art by JORGE LUCAS

Cover by EMANUEL SIMEONI

Flashback to the Talon of the 1920s as we learn more about The Court of Owls!

1801215843?profile=RESIZE_180x180TEEN TITANS #27

1936199705?profile=RESIZE_180x180Written by SCOTT LOBDELL

Art by TYLER KIRKHAM

Cover by BRETT BOOTH and NORM RAPMUND

The Teen Titans must stop the evil Bart Allen of the future or our timeline is doomed!

1801215843?profile=RESIZE_180x180THE UNWRITTEN VOL. 8: ORPHEUS IN THE UNDERWORLD TP

1936201642?profile=RESIZE_180x180Written by MIKE CAREY

Art by PETER GROSS and DEAN ORMSTON

Cover by YUKO SHIMIZU

176 pg, FC, $16.99 US • MATURE READERS

In these tales from THE UNWRITTEN #42-49, Tommy Taylor ventures into the land of the dead to find and rescue Lizzie. The journey through Hades pits Tommy against all kinds of enemies of undead, but none of these encounters prepare him for his meeting with the king—or for the responsibilities he has to take on for some very familiar damned souls. new TITLES available for reorder now

1801267667?profile=RESIZE_180x180WORLDS’ FINEST ANNUAL #1

1936204063?profile=RESIZE_180x180Written by PAUL LEVITZ

Art by DIOGENES NEVES and MARC DEERING

Cover by EMANUELA LUPACCHINO

In one of their first adventures together, Earth 2’s Supergirl and Robin team up to face their world’s Wonder Woman!

Sign me up. That is soooo Silver Agey!

1801267667?profile=RESIZE_180x180DYNAMITE ENTERTAINMENT

ARMY OF DARKNESS VS HACK SLASH #5

1936204039?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936204258?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936204297?profile=RESIZE_180x1801801225027?profile=RESIZE_180x180(W) Tim Seeley

(A) Daniel Leister

(CA) Stefano Caselli

$3.99

Cassie and Ash must use the Necronimicon to travel back in time to Ancient Greece to prevent the Army of Darkness from aiding the alchemist Akakios! Are the ready for the debauchery of the Bacchanalians, and lots of olive oil?

1801225027?profile=RESIZE_180x180ART OF RAMONA FRADON HC

1936206435?profile=RESIZE_180x180(W) Ramona Fradon

$29.99

For the first time ever! The DEFINITIVE retrospective of Ramona Fradon's career will be presented in The Art of Ramona Fradon. The Art of Ramona Fradon will be a hardcover book that highlights the magnificent career of the artistic legend, plus never-before-seen sketches.

Interviewed by legendary creator Howard Chaykin, Fradon talks about her artistic career, accomplishments and creations from her the early days at DC in the 1950's to her later work on Marvel's The Cat and Fantastic Four and DC's Plastic Man, Freedom Fighters, Super Friends and more! Featuring a forward by Walt Simonson!

I've always loved Ramona Fradon's art, going back to Silver Age Metamorpho (and possibly before), so it's been irritating how often this book has been postponed. But now here it is, and I can't wait to see it!

1801225027?profile=RESIZE_180x180ART OF VAMPIRELLA WARREN COVERS HC

1936209352?profile=RESIZE_180x180(W) Roy Thomas, José Villarrubia

(A) Frank Frazetta & Various

(CA) Jose Gonzalez

$39.99

In 1969 an iconic image of a mysterious female and the backdrop of an alien moon popped up on America's newsstands and forever became the fantasy of millions of young adult males! Dynamite Entertainment is celebrating these classic images of the original Vampirella series by presenting fans with The Art Of Vampirella: The Warren Covers which will feature every image to grace the cover of the Vampirella magazine from issue 1 through 112 and the 1972 Annual. Showcased in their purest form, every image presented in this volume will be without logos and cover type. This is the first time anywhere that fans can see how the original works of art looked before any design elements were placed over them. Featuring the art of Frank Frazetta, Sanjulian, Enrich, Ken Kelly along with photo covers of the beautiful Barbara Leigh dressed as Vampirella! This is sure to be one of the hottest collectibles in Vampirella history!

Since I'm getting the actual collections of Warren's Vampirella, I don't really need this book. In fact, i don't know why anybody would need this book. But if you've always pined for a book with nothing but 40-year-old Vampirella magazine covers, then you're in luck, because here it is!

1801225027?profile=RESIZE_180x180DEJAH THORIS & GREEN MEN OF MARS #10

1936209420?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936211772?profile=RESIZE_180x180(W) Mark Rahner

(A) Lui Antonio

(CA) Jay Anacleto

$3.99

Under cover as a slave. Unrecognizable with her hair chopped short. Dejah Thoris goes deeper on a dangerous mission with her secret, brutal force of six Tharks. They make a magnificent seven, but will they all make it out alive? And should they all?

1801225027?profile=RESIZE_180x180LIL SONJA #1

1936213826?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936216031?profile=RESIZE_180x180(W) Jim Zub

(A) Joel Carroll

(CA) Art Baltazar

$3.99

Li'l Sonja is a warrior girl who travels the lands testing her mettle against monsters big and small, a younger pluckier version of the famous She-Devil With a Sword. When Li'l Sonja encounters a town plagued by eccentric bandits, she needs to figure out the pattern behind the thefts and bring the baddies to justice. No task is too tough for our crimson-haired hero. And if that isn't enough, each Li'l book comes with a two-page activity sheet!

I suspect Li'l Sonja runs with scissors.

1801225027?profile=RESIZE_180x180RED SONJA TP VOL 13 THE LONG MARCH HOME

1936216114?profile=RESIZE_180x180(W) Eric Trautmann, Brandon Jerwa

(A) Edgar Salazar & Various (

CA) Walter Geovanni

$29.99

The She-Devil with a Sword faces her most fearsome foe yet: the time-lost vampire lord, Dracula! After years of wandering abroad, Red Sonja returns to her homeland of Hyrkania.
    Though pursued by two deadly adversaries - the armored maniac Omaju and a mirror image doppelgänger named Khala - the scarlet-haired heroine discovers an even worse threat waiting for her at home, as the legendary lord of the undead aims to conquer the past with his bloodthirsty legions. Can Red Sonja defeat Dracula... or will she succumb to his vampire bite and kill in his name?

1801225027?profile=RESIZE_180x180SHADOW YEAR ONE #7

1936216173?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936216320?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936216468?profile=RESIZE_180x1801801225027?profile=RESIZE_180x180(W) Matt Wagner

(A) Wilfredo Torres

(CA) Matt Wagner

$3.99

Margo's solo attempt to locate Big Gun Massaretti lands her in the hands of her crazed ex-lover. Danger looms high above the streets of old New York as The Shadow attempts his most daring rescue ever! Meanwhile, an intrepid reporter inches ever closer to uncovering The Shadow's guarded secrets ...

I didn't realize Matt Wagner was writing this book. I loved Mage, so I may give it a go. Any recommendations, Legionnaires?

1801225027?profile=RESIZE_180x180WARLORD OF MARS #33

1936216489?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936218521?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936218865?profile=RESIZE_180x180

1801225027?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936221014?profile=RESIZE_180x180(W) Arvid Nelson

(A) Leandro Oliveira

(CA) Joe Jusko, Lucio Parrillo

$3.99

John Carter desperately searches for the true identity of the tyrant who has dragged Mars into a planet-spanning crusade of racial extermination. Although Carter finds a ray of hope among his former enemies, the tyrant is tracking his every move ...

1801225027?profile=RESIZE_180x180

IDW COMICS

GHOSTBUSTERS #12

1936222998?profile=RESIZE_180x180Erik Burnham (W)

Dan Schoening (A)

Schoening, Ricardo Sanchez Arreola (C)

FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Features the fourth of four interlocking covers by Dan Schoening, featuring fan-favorite characters, and the changing of the seasons! Happy Horror Days ends here!

The end of the year is a hectic time for most businesses, and the Ghostbusters are no exception. Beset from all sides by a surge in spectral activity over this particularly busy season, they're looking forward to a little bit of a break once the new year hits. But recent supernatural symptoms shown by the City that Doesn't Sleep are coming to a head, and the Bogeyman has arrived to take the city's future!

This is completely off-topic, but after the Ghostbusters/The Real Ghostbusters cartoon business in the 1980s, every time I see the word Ghostbusters I think, "But are they the real Ghostbusters?" And then I snicker to myself, and take my meds. 1801215843?profile=RESIZE_180x180G.I JOE: THE COMPLETE COLLECTION VOL 4

1936223435?profile=RESIZE_320x320Larry Hama (W)

Rod Whigham, Mark Bright, Bob Camp, Jeremy Dale, Frank Springer, Hama (A)

HC • FC • $49.99 • 312 pages • 7” x 11”

• Collects issues #34–45 of A Real American Hero.

G.I. JOE: THE COMPLETE COLLECTION presents the full run of original A Real American Hero stories, along with ½ issues, such as "A Bad Day At The Circus," into the proper reading order. Also, includes informative front matter by Mark W. Bellomo and issues notes.

1801215843?profile=RESIZE_180x180GODZILLA: RULERS OF THE EARTH #8

STK628050.jpg?width=150Chris Mowry (W)

Matt Frank (A/C)

FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Variant Cover by Jeff Zornow

The biggest monster fight to grace the comic book page hits in this climactic issue! Lucy and Woods converge on the site of an epic monster brawl as the aliens launch a last ditch effort to rule the Earth!

Don’t miss the conclusion to many long-running plot threads in this epic issue!

Is that Jet Jaguar in the background? "Skreeonk" indeed!

Also, should we consider this another homage cover to Justice League #1 (1987), or is that too much of a stretch?

1936223582?profile=original

HALF PAST DANGER HC

STK625484.jpg?width=150(W/A/C) Stephen Mooney

HC • FC • $29.99 • 200 pages • 7” x 11”

Summer, 1943, and in the midst of a war waged by monsters, Staff Sergeant Tommy “Irish” Flynn never expected to encounter a real one. But on a remote island in the South Pacific theatre, Flynn and his squad come face-to-fanged-face with creatures long thought dead! History meets Prehistory in this two-fisted race against time.

“Half Past Danger is one of the most fun comics you will read. It’s a WWII movie with a dash of Indiana Jones.” –Comic Book Therapy

1801215843?profile=RESIZE_180x180JOHN ROMITA AMAZING SPIDER-MAN ARTIST ED VOL 2 HC

1936225770?profile=RESIZE_180x180(W) Stan Lee, Gerry Conway

(A/CA) John Romita

Collecting more than 8 consecutive issues of John Romita's Spider-Man stories, and nearly all pencilled AND inked by Jazzy John Romita-and weighing in at a back-breaking 216 pages! Fantastic stories featuring Peter Parker battling Villains like Kraven the Hunter, Doctor Octopus, and Hammerhead, and, with nearly every page is scanned from Romita's original art, this is an art lovers dream book!

This has taken its sweet time getting here! It's been added and removed from the schedule several times.

But as I've said before, John Romita Sr. is my favorite Spider-artist of all, so I may finally buy my first "Artist Edition."

1801215843?profile=RESIZE_180x180LOAC ESSENTIALS VOL 4: ALLEY OOP 1939 HC

1936226314?profile=RESIZE_320x320(W/A/CA) VT Hamlin

$24.99

In 1939, Vincent Trout Hamlin had been writing and drawing the successful Alley Oop for more than five years. In Alley Oop, Hamlin created a unique concept, marrying his fascination with dinosaurs and prehistoric times to a rollicking style of storytelling and drawing that was simultaneously serious, fantastic, and loaded with slapstick. The series was set in the kingdom of Moo and starred Alley Oop, the club-wielding caveman, his girlfriend Ooola, friends Dinny the dinosaur and Foozy, and more!

This volume features Oop's final Moo adventure, followed by his trips to the 20th Century and ancient Greece. Hamlin would send his characters everywhere and everywhen - but the classic Alley Oop begins with the stories contained in this volume.

You and I are just moving through history, Indiana. This IS history!

1801215843?profile=RESIZE_180x180MR. PEABODY & SHERMAN #4 (of 4)

STK628330.jpg?width=150(W) Sholly Fisch

(A) Jorge Monlogo

(C) Matt Kaufenberg

Subscription Variant: movie key art

FC • 32 pages • $3.99

All through history, love is in the air! At least, if Mister Peabody and Sherman can cure Shakespeare's writer's block and don't mention Cyrano's nose, that is. And if not... well, it's a good thing Mister Peabody is a handy dog with a sword!

1801215843?profile=RESIZE_180x180MR. PEABODY & SHERMAN TPB

1936226397?profile=RESIZE_180x180(W) Sholly Fisch

(A) Jorge Monlogo

(C) Matt Kaufenberg

TPB • FC • $17.99 • 104 pages

The classic Jay Ward characters return! Join the world's smartest individual who happens to be a dog, Mr. Peabody, and his son Sherman, on their maiden voyage in the time-traveling WABAC machine!

• Ties into the new DreamWorks Animation movie!

1801215843?profile=RESIZE_180x180THE OTHER DEAD #5 (of 6)

STK628065.jpg?width=150(W) Joshua Ortega & Digger T. Mesch

(A) Qing Ping Mui

(C) Sam Shearon

FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Variant “Zombie Chimpanzee” Cover by Shane Pierce!

For subscription customers only, a zombie animal variant cover by the one and only Kevin Eastman!

After barely surviving the storm, the President, Tommy, and the other survivors are trapped inside Chet Wayne’s house just as the undead night begins to fall!

1801215843?profile=RESIZE_180x180

• STAR TREK #29

STK628078.jpg?width=150(W) Mike Johnson

(A) Yasmin Liang

(C) Cat Staggs

For subscription customers only… enlist up at your local comic shop! A photo variant cover!

FC • 32 pages • $3.99

The all-new Five Year Mission of the Enterprise continues as Captain Jane Tiberius Kirk and her crew encounter a never-before-seen enemy in deep space! Wait... Jane Kirk? What's going on?! All will be revealed in the first chapter of this new two-part story overseen by STAR TREK writer/producer Roberto Orci!

I see the hot chick of the second movie is now part of the crew. Good move! 

1801215843?profile=RESIZE_180x180SUPERMAN GOLDEN AGE SUNDAYS 1943-1946 HC

STK625481.jpg?width=150(W) Wayne Boring & Various

(A) Jack Schiff & Various

(CA) Peter Poplaski

$49.99

Continuing to set the gold standard in comics preservation, IDW Publishing’s Library of American Comics, in partnership with DC Entertainment, will release the amazing never-before reprinted adventures of Superman that appeared in the Sunday newspapers for more than twenty-five years. The strips will be releases in in chronological order in three sub-sets: the 1940s Golden Age, the 1950s Atomic Age, and the 1960s Silver Age.

The first volume in the Superman: Golden Age Sundays series will collect 170 sequential Sundays, from May 9, 1943 through August 4, 1946, beginning where the Superman Sunday Classic book by DC Comics and Kitchen Sink Press left off. These World War II-era stories feature work by legendary artists such as Wayne Boring and Jack Burnley.

“We’re printing the series in an oversized 9.25” x 12” format,” says editor Dean Mullaney, “so that readers can fully enjoy these glorious full-color tabloid Sundays.”

The stories include the complete “Superman’s Service to Servicemen” series, which ran from late Summer of 1943 until a few months after the Second World War ended. In these human interest tales, Superman responds to requests from men and women of the armed services, as well as their family members back home. In supporting troop morale, Superman travels from the Mediterranean theatre to the bleak Aleutian Islands to the steamy South Pacific. He helps a wounded Army Air Corps pilot return home to witness the birth of his twins; solves numerous romantic misunderstandings; checks up on mothers for their worried sons overseas…while simultaneously stopping enemy torpedoes, bombs, and bullets!

In a clever transition to the post-War world, there’s a flashback to Superman’s origin and Clark Kent’s first assignment at the Daily Planet, followed by a thrilling inter-stellar saga in which Superman comes face to face with Queen Arda of the planet Suprania, who threatened to kill Lois Lane unless the Man of Steel agrees to become her King!

These Sunday strips represent an important era in the development of the Man of Steel into an international phenomenon. Each book in the series features an introduction by Mark Waid and covers drawn by Peter Poplaski.

Superman: Golden Age Sundays joins The Library of American Comics and IDW’s line of archival DC classic newspaper strips, first started with Superman: Silver Age Dailies, which will continue into 2014, as well as the 1940s Wonder Woman and the 1960s Batman.

I'm delighted I've lived long enough to see a time when there is a market to support material like this. At last, the world has caught up with me!

1801215843?profile=RESIZE_180x180TMNT ONGOING #30

1936198728?profile=RESIZE_180x180(W) Tom Waltz, Kevin Eastman

(A) Ross Campbell

(CA) Kevin Eastman, Ross Campbell

$3.99

The Turtles struggle to recuperate in Northampton. Each Turtle deals with the new status quo in his own way, and each feels lost. But can they find their way to being a family again as the past haunts them?

OTOH, I thought the turtles were silly when they were first introduced -- yes, I have the rare, early duotone issues -- and I still do. To each his own.

1801215843?profile=RESIZE_180x180TRANSFORMERS IDW COLLECTION HC VOL 03 RED LABEL ED

1936198881?profile=RESIZE_320x320(W) Simon Furman

(A) Robby Musso & Various

(CA) E. J. Su

From IDW Publishing. This Red Label edition of Transformers: The IDW Collection Vol. 3 is signed by five of the biggest names to work on Transformers, including Su, Musso, Matere, Furman and Guidi. Hand-numbered to 275, this edition continues the IDW Collection in stunning fashion. Featuring series cover design by E.J. Su, this run is sure to redefine your experience with the Robots in Disguise. The re-presentation of IDW's Transformers Universe continues in Volume 3! This volume includes the Transformers series Devastation, as well as Spotlights: Galvatron, Ramjet, Wheelie, Blaster, Arcee, Grimlock, and Mirage. Limited to 275 copies, this volume: is hand-numbered and crimped with seal of authenticity; ships in a limited-edition, custom-designed slipcase; includes a mounted signature page signed by the five Transformers creators; features a custom, exclusive-to-IDW Limited cover in silver metallic ink, a vellum overlay of the title page, and brand-new endpages designed to mirror the style of the tray case and portfolio. Collecting 300 pages of Transformers comics from IDW Publishing, this volume comes stamped with the IDW Limited Red Foil Imprint and includes a red satin ribbon bookmark. 1801215843?profile=RESIZE_180x180TRANSFORMERS REGENERATION ONE #98

STK628090.jpg?width=150(W) Simon Furman

(A) Guido Guidi

(C) Andrew Wildman, Guidi

Variant cover by Geoff Senior

FC • 32 pages • $3.99

INVASION! And it's the Autobots doing the invading! RODIMUS PRIME takes action, leading an armada into the heart of JHIAXUS' forces—but is he playing straight into the villain's hands? Plus, FORTRESS MAXIMUS re-enters the fray, but on whose side? Oh, and STARSCREAM's past comes back to haunt him… big time!

The COUNTDOWN to the concluding #100 continues—only 3 issues remain!

If Geoff Senior has a son and gives him the same name, wouldn't he be Geoff Senior Junior?1801206419?profile=RESIZE_180x180

IMAGE COMICS

BLACK SCIENCE #2 2ND PTG

1936198956?profile=RESIZE_180x180New science-fiction action is the hit comic of the winter, goes into second printing

The second issue of the hot new series BLACK SCIENCE, created by Rick Remender (THE LAST CHRISTMAS, Uncanny Avengers, Captain America) and Matteo Scalera (DEAD BODY ROAD), has already garnered critical acclaim and instantly sold out on the day of the release. The speed and action picks up when the group realizes that the likelihood of returning home might be jeopardized… by someone among their group. A new group leader is appointed and more information on their perilous journey is revealed.

Praise for BLACK SCIENCE:

“Black Science is a winner. Any sci-fi fan will be hooked.” — Iann Robinson, Crave Online

“The visually-stunning first issue plunges the reader head first into a Rod Serling fever dream. From creatures to spacesuits, the art team of Matteo Scalera and Dean White aesthetically tempers tension of the unknown within the familiar groundwork of vintage sci-fi.” — Robert Tutton, Paste Magazine

“Whatever dark wizards Remender made a deal with to create this story are certainly getting their money's worth. Black Science #1 is the start of a terrifying new thrill ride that I will be reading between my fingers, hands over my eyes.” — Matt Little, Comic Book Resources

“Matteo Scalera's art and Dean White's colors are enough to make you wonder what you did to deserve such a treat.” — Tony Guerrero, Comic Vine

“Without a doubt, this thing is a work of art, the kind of comic you just marvel at. Do yourself a favor and buy Black Science #1. Buy it and get lost in a world of anarchy, science and fantasy.” — Benjamin Bailey, IGN

“The book is completely unlike anything on shelves right now.” — Justin Partridge, III, Newsarama

“As a collaborative effort, Black Science immediately impresses with its relentless sense of wonder mixed with grounded, complex characterization.” — Vince Ostrowski, Multiversity Comics

1801215843?profile=RESIZE_180x180BLACK SCIENCE #3

1936199048?profile=RESIZE_180x180Story RICK REMENDER

Art / cover MATTEO SCALERA & DEAN WHITE

32 PAGES / FC / M / $3.50

Shell-shocked and battered, Grant McKay and his team are stranded on the front lines of the European savages' final standoff against the Sons of the Wakan Tech-Tanka. Will this inverse manifest destiny claim the life of a member of the Anarchist League of Scientists? Or will they be betrayed by one of their own?

Mysteriously, Image sent out its weekly previews Friday, so I've got them up already. (They usually arrive late Monday or Tuesday before the comics themselves hit on Wednesday.) I hope this becomes  SOP, because they are much more useful this way!

1801238541?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936199271?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936201310?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936203562?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936205660?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936205796?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936208175?profile=RESIZE_180x180

1801206419?profile=RESIZE_180x180THE BOUNCE #9

1936210361?profile=RESIZE_180x180Story JOE CASEY

Art / cover DAVID MESSINA

32 PAGES / FC / M / $2.99

When the Darling hosts a dinner party, you'd better believe there's something special on the menu! Meanwhile, the Bounce finds himself public enemy number one! The police are after him! The military is after him! What happens when a superhero head collides with the straight world?!

I think I ordered the first trade of this, based on a Legionnaire's recommendation, so I'll have more to say later. Right now, you're on your own!

1801206419?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936210379?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936212529?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936214837?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936215075?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936217260?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936219485?profile=RESIZE_180x180

1801206419?profile=RESIZE_180x180CLONE #14

1936219572?profile=RESIZE_180x180Story DAVID SCHULNER, AARON GINSBURG & WADE MCINTYRE

Art / cover JUAN JOSE RYP & ANDY TROY

32 PAGES / FC / T+ / $2.99

"NO MERCY"

When America’s war against the clones reaches a fever pitch, can Luke lead his brothers to salvation?

If we ever achieve cloning technology, I have a list of people who should go first. Sure, some scientists and teachers and stuff, but mainly Scarlett Johansson and Emma Stone.

1801206419?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936221747?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936224215?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936226737?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936226928?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936228884?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936231123?profile=RESIZE_180x180

1801206419?profile=RESIZE_180x180CYBER FORCE #8

1936233010?profile=RESIZE_180x180(W) Marc Silvestri

(A) Marco Turini, Stjepan Sejic

(CA) Marc Silvestri

$3.99

STRYKER UNARMED

What humanity remains of Morgan Stryker? Is he more man... or is he more a machine of death?

Nice hat. Homemade?

1801206419?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936233434?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936233629?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936233920?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936235917?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936237945?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936238376?profile=RESIZE_180x180

1801206419?profile=RESIZE_180x180THE DARKNESS: REBIRTH, VOL 3 TP

1936240418?profile=RESIZE_180x180Story DAVID HINE

Art / cover JEREMY HAUN & JOHN RAUCH

160 PAGES / FC / M / $17.99

“THE AGE OF REASON”

Jenny is losing her mind, Hope is becoming more corrupted by her Darkness abilities, and an ancient, more powerful evil is about to return to the surface of our world. What will it take for Jackie Estacado to reclaim the Darkness and put an end to the madness that he helped create?

Collects THE DARKNESS #112-116

1801238541?profile=RESIZE_180x180EAST OF WEST #9

1936240560?profile=RESIZE_180x180Story JONATHAN HICKMAN

Art / cover NICK DRAGOTTA

32 PAGES / FC / T+ / $3.50

“HUNTER”

The Ranger and Death finally clash in the inevitable meeting of LAW and INEVITABILITY.

Another trade I have on order. You Legionnaires are killing my bank account!

1801206419?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936242978?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936245298?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936247339?profile=RESIZE_180x180

• FIVE WEAPONS #6

1936199616?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936201585?profile=RESIZE_180x180Story / art / cover A JIMMIE ROBINSON

Alternate cover ROB GUILLORY

32 PAGES / FC / T / $3.50

"BACK TO CLASS," Part One

Enrique returns to the School of Five Weapons, a place where kids learn the art of assassination. This time everyone knows his true identity as a low-class servant. Everyone knows he can’t use a weapon. Everyone accepts Enrique’s status, except for one student…Tyler, who knows every trick up Enrique’s sleeve. This time, school is for revenge!

A NEW STORY ARC BEGINS HERE! GREAT JUMPING ON POINT!

Five Ghosts. Five Weapons. Ghosted. Image is deliberately trying to confuse me!

1801206419?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936201735?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936202011?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936202122?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936204474?profile=RESIZE_180x180

1936204589?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936204730?profile=RESIZE_180x1801801206419?profile=RESIZE_180x180INVINCIBLE #108

1936207604?profile=RESIZE_180x180Story ROBERT KIRKMAN

Art / cover RYAN OTTLEY & JOHN RAUCH

Angstrom Levy’s life hangs in the balance. Invincible to the rescue?

I haven't read this book for a while, but evidently Mark and Eve's relationship has progressed considerably!

1801206419?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936209572?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936212292?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936214432?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936216714?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936218789?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936221019?profile=RESIZE_180x180

1801223007?profile=RESIZE_180x180PERHAPANAUTS, VOL.3 TP

1936221428?profile=RESIZE_180x180Story TODD DEZAGO

Art CRAIG ROUSSEAU, ERIC HENSON & VARIOUS ARTISTS

Cover CRAIG ROUSSEAU

160 PAGES / FC / E / $17.99

DANGER DOWN UNDER!
    Two different Monsters from the Southern Hemisphere — one from Australia and one from Peru — test The Perhapanauts' strength, courage, and guile in this far-reaching adventure! It's action-packed continent-hopping excitement with a heart-stopping conclusion that will have you on the edge of your seat! Or someone’s seat.

1801223007?profile=RESIZE_180x180REVIVAL #17

1936223770?profile=RESIZE_180x180Story TIM SEELEY

Art MIKE NORTON

Cover JENNY FRISON

Dana chases down an assassin, while Em wonders if she's becoming an assassin. SECRETS ARE REVEALED! SOMEONE DIES!

Oh, thank goodness, some secrets are revealed. Seriously, they've been teasing long enough.

And someone dies? Isn't the premise of the book that dead people keep coming back? Death isn't terrible when it isn't permanent. It's more like a vacation.

1801206419?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936225859?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936227911?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936228057?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936230078?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936230339?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936230617?profile=RESIZE_180x180

1801206419?profile=RESIZE_180x180SAGA #18

1936232393?profile=RESIZE_180x180Story BRIAN K. VAUGHAN

Art / cover FIONA STAPLES

Our heroes' stay on Quietus reaches its inevitable conclusion.

Lying.

Sorry, just had to say that.

1801206419?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936233131?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936234960?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936235168?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936237188?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936239453?profile=RESIZE_180x180

1801206419?profile=RESIZE_180x180SAVIORS #2

1936239430?profile=RESIZE_180x180Story JAMES ROBINSON

Art / cover J. BONE

Tomas's safe, uneventful life is no more. He knows aliens walk among us. As a result, Tomas is now on the run for his life, desperate for answers and his own survival in a world where suddenly nothing makes sense and nowhere is safe. And...where the aliens are unbeatable.

1801206419?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936239484?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936239699?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936239795?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936242004?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936244222?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936244295?profile=RESIZE_180x180

1801206419?profile=RESIZE_180x180SUPER DINOSAUR #21

1936246567?profile=RESIZE_180x180(W) Robert Kirkman

(A) Jason Howard, Cliff Rathburn

(CA) Jason Howard

$2.99

The search for the cure for Derek's mother takes him and Super Dinosaur to some interesting ... and DANGEROUS places.  Will they find it in time?

Funny how Kirkman books not named The Walking Dead don't sell very well. Is it the premise?

1801206419?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936246716?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936248904?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936250896?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936250996?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936253208?profile=RESIZE_180x180

1801206419?profile=RESIZE_180x180THIEF OF THIEVES #19

1936253147?profile=RESIZE_180x180Story ANDY DIGGLE & ROBERT KIRKMAN

Art / cover SHAWN MARTINBROUGH & FELIX SERRANO

Special Agent Cohen has plagued Conrad’s every step. Until now… The end of ANDY DIGGLE’s THIEF OF THIEVES arc ends with a real BANG.

1801206419?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936253323?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936255380?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936257325?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936259597?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936261448?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936261673?profile=RESIZE_180x180

• WITCHBLADE #172

1936198077?profile=RESIZE_180x180Story RON MARZ

Art LAURA BRAGA

Cover STJEPAN SEJIC

Sara Pezzini will soon discover who the Witchblade chose to be its next bearer…

I always find it amusing that the Witchblade chooses to adorn its bearers in sexy armor. First, there's no mention of such in history, and the Witchblade is supposed to have been around for a long time. Secondly, the Witchblade thinks like a man, doesn't it? Or at least like an adolescent boy ...

1801206419?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936200197?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936202657?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936202689?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936204913?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936207328?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936209359?profile=RESIZE_180x180

1801219845?profile=RESIZE_180x180MARVEL COMICS

THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN: THE MOVIE ADAPTATION #1 (OF 2)

1936212317?profile=RESIZE_180x180TOM COHEN (W)

WELLINTON ALVES (A)

32 PGS./Rated T+ …$2.99

GET READY FOR THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 WITH AN AWESOME ADAPTATION OF THE WEB-SLINGER’S LATEST HIT FILM!

• When danger threatens the city, high school student Peter Parker leaps into action as the wall-crawling Spider-Man!

• Spider-Man! The Lizard! Gwen Stacy! All this and more movie magic!

My wife thinks Andrew Garfield is weird-looking. I always point out that Emma Stone doesn't think so, since they're dating in real life as well as on the screen. She remains unconvinced.

1801219845?profile=RESIZE_180x180AVENGERS ASSEMBLE #23.INH

1936214469?profile=RESIZE_180x180KELLY SUE DECONNICK &

WARREN ELLIS (W)

MATTEO BUFFAGNI (A)

Cover by JORGE MOLINA

32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

INHUMANITY TIE-IN!

• While tracking the toxic Dr. Covington, the education of SPIDER-GIRL takes a horrific turn: she must hero under the tutelage of the THE CURMUDGEONLY AVENGER: WOLVERINE!

• The INHUMAN that the AVENGERS seek has unique ability--one that, in the wrong hands, could change everything!

• WARREN ELLIS (AVENGERS: ENDLESS WARTIME) once again joins KELLY SUE DECONNICK (CAPTAIN MARVEL) in a delightfully demented dance through the Avengers roster.

I began trade-waiting DC with The New 52, and have been switching to trades at Marvel as titles were discontinued and re-launched. This title is being canceled and being re-launched, as is Daredevil, so I will switch to trades on those two titles as well -- the last two, it turns out, of my regular monthly purchases. For the first time since pull lists were instituted in Memphis comic shops in the 1980s, I will have nothing on mine. An era comes to an end.

1801219845?profile=RESIZE_180x180CABLE AND X-FORCE VOL. 3: THIS WON’T END WELL TPB

1936216742?profile=RESIZE_180x180Written by DENNIS HOPELESS & CULLEN BUNN

Penciled by SALVADOR LARROCA

Cover by SALVADOR LARROCA

112 PGS./Parental Advisory …$16.99

As tensions rise between Cable’s X-Force and the Uncanny Avengers, Cable’s precognitive visions grow increasingly relentless. X-Force must race against the clock to stop each terrible vision from coming true — but what happens if they fail? As the stakes grow higher, Domino and Colossus team up for the heist of the century — but their mounting feelings for one another might keep them from pulling off the mission! And when Cable and Havok come face-to-face, can Cable convince his uncle his cause is just? Elsewhere, Hope embarks upon a futuristic adventure with an unexpected mentor. Can she save her adopted father from the Uncanny Avengers — and from himself? And in the wake of this tumultuous battle, what will be the future of Cable’s X-Force? Collecting CABLE AND X-FORCE #10-14.

1801219845?profile=RESIZE_180x180CATACLYSM: THE ULTIMATES’ LAST STAND #4 (of 5)

1936218881?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936221022?profile=RESIZE_180x180BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS (W) MARK BAGLEY (A/C)

Variant Cover by Salvador Larroca

32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

• To save a universe, a hero must die!!!

1801219845?profile=RESIZE_180x180GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY #11.NOW

1936223199?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936225439?profile=RESIZE_320x3201801219845?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936225813?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936225917?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936228055?profile=RESIZE_180x1801801219845?profile=RESIZE_180x180(W) Brian Michael Bendis

(A/CA) Sara Pichelli

$3.99

"The Trial of Jean Grey"

The Guardians of the Galaxy get a reminder of Earth when they cross paths with the All-New X-Men during the TRIAL OF JEAN GREY! When an alien race discovers that the original Jean Grey is back on Earth, they decide to hold her accountable for the acts of the Dark Phoenix, and it's up to the Guardians to help the X-Men save her. You won't want to miss the first encounter between two of the biggest franchises in the Marvel U!

Is this the Revenge of the Broccoli People?

1801219845?profile=RESIZE_180x180GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY PREMIUM HC

1936230081?profile=RESIZE_180x180(W) Brian Michael Bendis

(A) Sara Pichelli, Francesco Francavilla

(CA) Sara Pichelli

$24.99

Spinning out of the dramatic conclusion of AGE OF ULTRON, dimensions collide and Heaven's most fearsome Angel arrives - and comes straight for the Guardians! Gamora, one of the galaxy's greatest warriors, holds a deadly secret that could bring down the entire team. And when Gamora battles Angela, the entire universe hangs in the balance! Then, the galaxy's most mismatched heroes find themselves at a crossroads when the effects of INFINITY begin to rise. Can even the mysterious Angela's power help combat the fallout from Thanos' master plan? And what will it take for Star-Lord to betray the entire Marvel Universe? The biggest blockbuster hit of the year continues as critically acclaimed artists Sara Pichelli and Francesco Francavilla climb aboard, and comics legend Neil Gaiman joins the team in this one-of-a-kind comic book event! Collecting GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY (2013) #4-8.

1801219845?profile=RESIZE_180x180INHUMANITY #1 2ND PTG

1936230383?profile=RESIZE_180x180Written by MATT FRACTION

Art by OLIVIER COIPEL

Cover by JUAN DOE

$3.99

“10/10” – Newsarama.com

From critically acclaimed writer Matt Fraction and blockbuster artist Olivier Coipel – for years they have hid from the world, existing on the fringe. But the cataclysmic events of INFINITY have made their presence known the world over. The Inhuman city of Attilan lies in ruins. It’s king – the mighty Black Bolt is missing and believed dead. Attilan’s destruction has unleashed the Terrigen Mists upon the planet Earth.

Fans and critics agree – INHUMANITY #1 is a hit!

“Grabs you and keeps you glued to each page” – ComicVine

“The artwork on this book is phenomenal” – Newsarama

“Some of the most interesting story telling I’ve read in a while” – Comics Refueled

Thousands of new Inhumans are emerging from every corner of the Marvel Universe, mutated by the vapors themselves. Possessing new and terrible powers, they emerge from their cocoons to a world changed. Who are these new Inhumans? And will they use their new powers to save the Marvel Universe? Or destroy it?

As thousands of new Inhumans emerge from every corner of the Marvel Universe – what will become of the Inhuman Royal Family? Sins and secrets stand revealed when both the smash hit INHUMANITY #1 Second Printing and INHUMANITY #2 hit comic shops!

1801219845?profile=RESIZE_180x180INHUMANITY #2

1936230697?profile=RESIZE_180x180Written by MATT FRACTION

Art & Cover by NICK BRADSHAW

$3.99

Her throne is ashes. Her husband—presumed dead. Now, faced with a kingdom teetering on the brink of chaos, Medusa must take a stand in INHUMANITY #2! From superstar writer Matt Fraction and critically-acclaimed artist Nick Bradshaw (Wolverine & The X-Men) comes the next enthralling chapter in Marvel’s Inhumanity saga. With a populace of Inhumans doubling by the day, the crown has never weighed more heavily for their queen. As the entire Marvel Universe shifts its gaze on the Inhuman Queen, will she endure the ever-mounting pressure—or succumb into INHUMANITY? The road to INHUMAN continues this January as the Marvel Universe faces its strange status quo in INHUMANITY #2 !

I'm pretty sure that Medusa is supposed to be sexy, but she never was to me. Something about prehensile hair strikes me as creepy, not attractive. Plus, she's kinda bossy. 1801219845?profile=RESIZE_180x180

1936231255?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936233326?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936233567?profile=RESIZE_180x180

1801226287?profile=RESIZE_180x180MARVEL MASTERWORKS: THE X-MEN VOL. 6 TPB

1936235773?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936235869?profile=RESIZE_180x180Written by ROY THOMAS with ARNOLD DRAKE, DENNIS O’NEIL & LINDA FITE

Penciled by SAL BUSCEMA with DON HECK, WERNER ROTH & SAL BUSCEMA

Cover by NEAL ADAMS & RICHARD ISANOVE

312 PGS./Rated T …$24.99

1969: The X-Men, Marvel’s poorest-selling title, was in dire need of a shot in the arm. Enter Roy Thomas and Neal Adams, and readers witnessed one of the most amazing evolutions in Marvel history! These two titanic talents threw caution to the wind with sensational stories that brought the X-Men in synch with the thriving youth culture of the late ’60s. Adams’ lavish and dynamic visuals merged with Thomas’ challenging and contemporary stories to create a comic-book series that throbbed with the pulse of the times like none other. Thrill to the introduction of mutant mainstay Havok, the vampiric villain Sauron, the Mutates and Sunfire; battles against the Living Pharaoh and the Sentinels, a classic team-up with Ka-Zar in the Savage Land, and the return of Magneto and Professor X! Collecting X-MEN (1963) #54-66.

MARVEL MASTERWORKS: THE X-MEN VOL. 6 TPB — VARIANT EDITION VOL. 61 (DM ONLY)

312 PGS./Rated T …$24.99

1801227049?profile=RESIZE_180x180MARVEL UNIVERSE HULK: AGENTS OF S.M.A.S.H. #4 (of 4)

1936237784?profile=RESIZE_180x180Adapted by Joe Caramagna

32 PGS./All Ages …$2.99

• The HULKS finally have a perfect life...or do they?

• Wrong! They’re trapped in a simulated paradise created by THE COLLECTOR!

• Can they smash their way out and save the world?

1801219845?profile=RESIZE_180x180NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEADPOOL #2

1936240097?profile=RESIZE_180x180Written by CULLEN BUNN

Art by RAMON ROSNAS

32 PGS./Parental Advisory …$3.99

• Deadpool awakes from a food coma to find...THE ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE HAS OCCURRED!

• Can the Merc with the Mouth avoid becoming the Merc in their Mouths?

• Writer of the DEADPOOL KILLOGY Cullen Bunn brings us to one of Deadpool's darkest tales ever...and not just because it's in black & white (and red)!

1801215843?profile=RESIZE_180x180REVOLUTIONARY WAR: KNIGHTS OF PENDRAGON #1

1936242783?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936244908?profile=RESIZE_180x180ROB WILLIAMS (W)

SIMON COLEBY (A)

Cover by MARK BROOKS

Variant Cover by TBD

32 PGS./ ONE-SHOT/Rated T+ …$3.99

Part 3 of “Revolutionary War”

• A corporate deep-mining setup unearths an old MYS-TECH base, where magical cloning experiments have been taking place.

• What mysteries or monsters are waiting in Britain’s subterranean bones?

• Featuring fan-favorite Marvel UK characters Dai Thomas, Pete Wisdom, and Union Jack!

1801227049?profile=RESIZE_180x180SUPERIOR CARNAGE TPB

1936247051?profile=RESIZE_180x180Written by KEVIN SHINICK

Penciled by STEPHEN SEGOVIA

Cover by CLAYTON CRAIN

112 PGS./Rated T+ …$17.99

Locked away in an asylum, Carnage may finally be gone for good — but his fellow inmates have other plans. Can they successfully wake the monster? Or will this hideous experiment create the most powerful, dangerous, maniacal Carnage yet — a Superior Carnage? After performing unspeakable acts in the name of science, the Wizard releases Carnage into the world as his personal agent of evil! But can the new Frightful Four control its latest member? And lest you think we forgot, it’s the moment you’ve been waiting for: Superior Carnage vs. Superior Spider-Man, with enough blood and bluster to rival Sunday nights on HBO! Can the Wizard pull one last trick out of his hat, or has Carnage been unleashed for good? It’s a story so grotesquely gratifying you won’t be able to look away! Collecting SUPERIOR CARNAGE #1-5.

1801227049?profile=RESIZE_180x180SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN #26

1936251104?profile=RESIZE_180x180Written by DAN SLOTT

Art by HUMBERTO RAMOS, JAVIER RODRIGUEZ & MARCOS MARTIN

Cover by RYAN STEGMAN

32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

GOBLIN NATION PRELUDE

The stage is set for the biggest Superior Spider-Man story of them all! And it starts right here in the Earth-shattering SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN #26, from blockbuster creators Dan Slott, Humberto Ramos, Javier Rodriguez, and Marcos Martin! Nobody has pushed Peter Parker harder than the Green Goblin. But as Spider-Man’s greatest nemesis returns, will Otto Octavius be able to withstand the onslaught? Moving in the shadows, the Goblin and his army have prepared for war right under his very nose! And the first battle is upon them as the Green Goblin goes glider-to-glider with the original Hobgoblin! And only one of them is walking away …

Questions will be answered this January as the opening shot of Goblin Nation is fired in SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN #26. Trust us, you won’t want to miss this one!

Enjoy it while you can, folks -- Spidey goes off Otto-Pilot in April!

1936252918?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936255100?profile=RESIZE_180x180

1801226287?profile=RESIZE_180x180THOR: GOD OF THUNDER #18

1936257091?profile=RESIZE_180x180JASON AARON (W) • DAS PASTORAS (A)

Cover by ESAD RIBIC

32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

• A tale of Young Thor, in the age of the Vikings. Here be a dragon. ‘Nuff said.

I've said before that this is the best iteration of Thor since Simonson, and here's an example of why. Today's writers have gone out of their way to characterize the Viking-age Thor as far different from today's version -- more hot-headed, more arrogant, not yet worthy of Mjonir. In fact, he gets a whole lot of mortals killed, because he loves fighting and doesn't think about the consequences. I love this because it demonstrates the character's growth in stark terms, plus it makes Asgardian tinkering on Earth in the Viking age more plausible.

1801226287?profile=RESIZE_180x180

• THUNDERBOLTS #21

1936196141?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936196249?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936196351?profile=RESIZE_180x1801801226287?profile=RESIZE_180x180(W) Charles Soule

(A) Carlo Barberi

(CA) Julian Totino Tedesco

"NO MERCY" Part 2

$3.99

GHOST RIDER JOINS THE THUNDERBOLTS! General Ross's Thunderbolts were brought together to clean up problems no one else could...but what about when the problem is ON the team? The seemingly all-powerful madwoman called Mercy has gone too far, slaughtering innocent people to fulfill her twisted mission of mercy. Who can the team turn to to help take down this powerhouse? How about Johnny Blaze, the original Ghost Rider? Can he save the team before it all goes to hell? Or will he lead them there?

First the Champions, now this. Ghost Rider must be wondering why he never gets invited to any of the good team books. Is it the flaming skull? Does he smell like a barbecue? It's the chains, isn't it? They scratch up the furniture.

1801227049?profile=RESIZE_180x180THUNDERBOLTS VOL. 3: INFINITY TPB

1936196572?profile=RESIZE_180x180Written by CHARLES SOULE

Penciled by JEFTE PALO

Cover by KRIS ANKA

136 PGS./Parental Advisory …$15.99

INFINITY TIE-IN! The T-Bolts’ new ongoing creative team bursts into action! While the Avengers are away, the Thunderbolts strike! Their goal is to strike hard and fast, to take the entire NYC Mafia before anything goes wrong — but when Thanos’ hordes come crashing down smack dab in the middle of the T-Bolts’ mission, their “perfect plan” finds itself going right off the rails! And things get even worse when one of the Black Order sets her sights on the Red Leader! How will the Thunderbolts prevail against the overwhelming cosmic tide of INFINITY? Plus: Delve into the secrets of the most mysterious Thunderbolt, Mercy! Collecting THUNDERBOLTS (2012) #13-18.

1801205528?profile=RESIZE_180x180ULTIMATE COMICS SPIDER-MAN BY BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS VOL. 5 PREMIERE HC

1936198539?profile=RESIZE_180x180Written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS

Penciled by DAVID MARQUEZ

Cover by DAVID MARQUEZ

136 PGS./Rated T+ …$24.99

Bombshell is back, and young heroes are debuting all across the city — including Cloak and Dagger, and Ultimate Power Pack! But can Miles continue being Spider-Man after everything that’s happened, or will tragedy force him to quit? Cloak and Dagger try to bring him back into the super-hero fold — but when Miles comes face-to-face with the evil of Roxxon, he makes his final decision. Roxxon created Venom — and because of Venom, Miles’ mother died. Now, Miles will unleash hell. But will even Cloak, Dagger, Bombshell and Spider-Woman be enough to help him take Roxxon down? The first chapter in the Miles Morales saga ends with a bang as Miles discovers one of the big secrets of his origin! Collecting ULTIMATE COMICS SPIDER-MAN (2011) #23-28.1801205528?profile=RESIZE_180x180

UNCANNY AVENGERS #16

1936200685?profile=RESIZE_180x180Written by RICK REMENDER

Art & Cover by STEVE MCNIVEN

32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

The main event!

Marvel is pleased to present your first look at UNCANNY AVENGERS #16 – from rock star creators Rick Remender and Steve McNiven! Mutants are disappearing all over the world – transported to into the clutches of the Apocalypse Twins by the Scarlet Witch’s last desperate act. Now, with no time to mourn the fallen, the remaining heroes of Earth must rally to stop the unimaginable horror the Apocalypse Twins have unleashed and save humanity and mutantkind alike! And there is one who will not kneel before would-be conquerors … vengeful and feral after the death of his teammates, Thor is a mad god out for blood – and he has his sights set on Uriel! It’s the God of Thunder vs. the Angel of Apocalypse as these two titans come to Earth-shattering blows! Plus, in order to stop the Twins, the Wasp must do something that will curse her evermore! Can the Earth be saved? Or is it too late? Find out as the epic Ragnarok Now continues in UNCANNY AVENGERS #16!

Since I trade-wait this book, I haven't yet read the infamous issue where two long-running characters get offed. But from the sound of the solicitation above, they're not even pretending that it will stick, as the Reset Button is in plain sight.

1936202834?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936203022?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936203203?profile=RESIZE_180x180

1801227049?profile=RESIZE_180x180UNCANNY X-FORCE #17

1936205296?profile=RESIZE_180x180Written by SAM HUMPHRIES

Art by HARVEY TOLIBAO & DEXTER SOY

Cover by RAMON PEREZ

32 PGS./Parental Advisory …$3.99

“VENDETTA” PART IV

Vendetta reaches its epic conclusion in the pages of UNCANNY X-FORCE #17 – from blockbuster writer Sam Humphries and red-hot artists Harvey Tolibao and Dexter Soy! Classic X-Force villain STRYFE has returned and is determined to exact his revenge upon Cable, the man on the man who left him broken and adrift in the timestream, by taking from him what he holds most dear: his daughter, Hope! But rather than killing Hope, Stryfe plans to corrupt her. He’s put Bishop — the man who relentlessly hunted her across time — in Hope’s crosshairs … and the means to end him in her hands. Will Stryfe get his revenge by enabling Hope to get hers? One thing’s for sure: After this, X-Force will never be the same.

• Don’t miss this no-holds-barred, knock-down, drag-out X-FORCE event! Because when the dust settles, only ONE X-Force team will be left standing …

Is it too much to hope that Stryfe gets killed, at least for a while? I find him really boring. Also, I think his hat looks stupid.

1936207501?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936209828?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936211994?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936212424?profile=RESIZE_180x1801801227049?profile=RESIZE_180x180WARLOCK BY JIM STARLIN: THE COMPLETE COLLECTION TPB

1936214868?profile=RESIZE_180x180Written by JIM STARLIN

Penciled by JIM STARLIN

Cover by JIM STARLIN

328 PGS./Rated T …$34.99

At ’70s Marvel, no one mastered the startling scope and high-concept complexity of cosmic adventure like Jim Starlin! And his work on Adam Warlock set the tone for star-spanning spectacle that is considered a high-water mark to this day. Starlin evolved Warlock to the next level, imbuing the character with the inner demons of a man-god on the brink of insanity. Forced to confront an evil version of himself and the nihilistic menace Thanos, Warlock’s conflicts weren’t just knuckle-grinding throw-downs — they were epic, existential struggles for his very soul. Featuring the first-ever assembling of the Infinity Gems; the debuts of Gamora and Pip the Troll; and an all-out struggle to save the universe joined by the Avengers, Captain Marvel and Spider-Man! Collecting STRANGE TALES (1951) #178-181, WARLOCK (1972) #9-15, AVENGERS ANNUAL #7 and MARVEL TWO-IN-ONE ANNUAL #2.

1801227049?profile=RESIZE_180x180X-MEN LEGACY #23

1936217024?profile=RESIZE_180x180SIMON SPURRIER (W)

TAN ENG HUAT (A)

Cover by MIKE DEL MUNDO

32 PGS./Rated T+ …$2.99

• War and death, nations turning against nations…the demonic shade of the deceased Professor Xavier that has been plaguing Legion’s psyche has escaped into the real world. What price will Legion pay to stop him from razing the Earth?

• And prophesied to stop Legion and imbued with the power she needs to do so, will Young X-Man Blindfold take matters into her own hands and extinguish her first love?

• One thing’s for sure: as this groundbreaking series races to its conclusion, anything is possible!

1801227049?profile=RESIZE_180x180

OTHER PUBLISHERS

ACCIDENT MAN HC

1936217001?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: TITAN

(W) Pat Mills, Tony Skinner

(A) Martin Emond & Various

(CA) Howard Chaykin

$29.99

The cult series returns, remastered and collected in its entirety for the first time ever! Mike Fallon is smooth, suave, and sexy, and a genius at the subtle art of making an assassination look like one of those unfortunate, all-too-frequent accidents. Handsome as James Bond, lethal as Carlos the Jackal, discrete as an air bubble to the heart. Broken neck in the shower? Poor guy probably slipped on the soap. Collect for the first time, Accident Man features four darkly humorous tales of sex, revenge, brutal violence, and people drowning in the bath.

Despite the cover, this isn't a typical Howard Chaykin series -- instead, it's a story first published in the UK in the '90s.

1801225027?profile=RESIZE_180x180ADVENTURE TIME 2014 SPECIAL #1

1936217188?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: BOOM ENTERTAINMENT

(W) Danielle Corsetto

(A) Zack Sterling

(CA) Stephanie Gonzaga

$4.99

When Finn's soul is kidnapped by a fortunetelling, paltricking dragon, it is up to Flame Princess and Jake to get their buddy back! But can Flame Princess cool off long enough to make it through the travails and trap that stand in their way? Previously only available at San Deigo ComicCon,
    this special edition has a unique 3D cover! Quantities are limited, orders may be allocated.

1801225027?profile=RESIZE_180x180ADVENTURE TIME ORIGINAL VOL 1: PLAYING FIRE SDCC EXC GN

1936219427?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: BOOM ENTERTAINMENT

(W/A) Luke Pearson & Various

(CA) Becky Dreistadt

$19.99

WHY WE LOVE IT: This is a perfect issue of snowy ADVENTURE TIME tales to curl up with by the fire and a cup of hot chocolate.

WHY YOU WILL LOVE IT: An allstar team of indie cartoonists bring you stories as warm as your holiday spirit. Who doesn't love a snow day?

WHAT IT'S ABOUT: It's winter time in the land of Ooo! Join your favorite characters in a collection of short stories as they embrace the cold! Snow, sweaters, and chilling adventures!

I'm beginning to feel like not knowing anything about Adventure Time is no longer an option for me.

1801225027?profile=RESIZE_180x180ALL NEW EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT IRIS #3

1936221762?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: ASPEN MLT INC

(W) Brian Buccellato

(A) Pasquale Qualano

(CA) Eric Basaldua

$3.99

It's an all-new direction for the Executive Assistant that started it all!
    Snapdragon and her bounty hunters declare war on Iris in order to get to Cherry Blossom! Iris must take on possibly her toughest challenge ever, as the price for protecting the young girl might be the Executive Assistant's death!

Aspen is proud to welcome writer Brian Buccellato and penciler Pasquale Qualano to the Iris family! Along with colorist John Starr, this incredible creative team is ready to bring you an ALL NEW EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT IRIS unlike anything you've ever seen before!

1801225027?profile=RESIZE_180x180ALL NEW FATHOM #5

1936224154?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936226780?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: ASPEN MLT INC

(W) David Wohl

(A) Alex Konat, Beth Sotelo

$3.99

A new direction in the FATHOM Universe continues!

Believing the undersea threat from Vana to be over, Aspen Matthews returns to the surface to try to resume a normal life and finds an old flame waiting for her upon her arrival--Chance Calloway. Meanwhile, tensions rise beneath the surface as the true extent of Vana's scheme begins to manifest, and she reveals her actual target--the Capital city of the Blue, Muria!

Hold on! Has Aspen been using "All New" in its titles all along, or have they lifted this silliness from Marvel?

1801225027?profile=RESIZE_180x180ASSASSINS CREED BRAHMAN GN

1936228494?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: UBIWORKSHOP

(W) Karl Kerschl, Cameron Stewart

(A) Karl Kerschl & Various

(CA) Karl Kerschl, Cameron Stewart

$19.95

Who is Jot Soora? Devoted fiancé of movie star Monima Das, gifted programmer at software giant MysoreTech, or deadly Assassin with a secret? When Jot stumbles into a layer of code deep in his company's new device, the discovery threatens his relationship, his job and his life. It also reveals shocking links to an ancestral past that cause him to question everything he knows about himself. As he delves further into memories stored in his genetic makeup, he uncovers an age-old battle between The Templar Order and The Assassin Brotherhood, both of whom are racing to find a mysterious artifact buried in the past that has the power to alter the fate of all mankind.

1801225027?profile=RESIZE_180x180ATTACK ON TITAN GN VOL 11

1936230902?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: RANDOM HOUSE

(W/A/CA) Isayama Hajime

$10.99

On the way to Eren's home, deep in Titan territory, the Survey Corps ranks are broken by a charge led by a female Titan! But this Abnormal is different - she kills not to eat but to protect herself, and she seems to be looking for someone. Armin comes to a shocking conclusion: She's a human in a Titan's body, just like Eren!

1801225027?profile=RESIZE_180x180BAR MAID #2

1936232804?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936232840?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936232983?profile=RESIZE_180x1801801225027?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: ZENESCOPE ENTERTAINMENT INC

(W) Joe Brusha

(A) TBD

(CA) Billy Tucci

$3.50

Years before World War II, the Japanese continue to formulate their plan for world dominance, developing cutting edge weapons including a new tank that will give them give them a distinct advantage in ground warfare. But Cassidy O'Hara and her band of guerilla fi ghters have other plans for this ultimate weapon as they stage a daring raid on the tank factory. But are they making the right call or walking straight into a trap?

I'm really pretty much the last guy who should be giving women fashion advice, but if you're going into combat, ladies, I suggest you cover up your soft bits with something protective!

1801225027?profile=RESIZE_180x180BLACK BUTLER VOL 16 TP

1936233543?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: HACHETTE BOOK GROUP USA

(W/A/CA) Yana Toboso

$13.00

A #1 New York Times bestseller! The butler of Phantomhive manor is simply too good to be true ...or perhaps he's just too good to be human. ... Earl Ciel Phantomhive and his invincible butler Sebastian may have succeeded in sneaking their way into the elite Weston College, but their investigation quickly hits a wall. To earn an audience with the headmaster, Ciel's only option is to attend the "Midnight Tea Party," an exclusive gathering hosted by the elusive head of the school. And the only way a lowly first-former like Ciel, earl or no, can land a seat at that table is by being elected the Most Valuable Player in the College's annual storied cricket tournament. Selected from each house, students in the springtime of youth battle it out among the wickets on the spring-green lawn. Will the usually unperturbed young earl be bowled over by this unexpected turn of events?!

1801225027?profile=RESIZE_180x180BLEACH VOL 59 GN

1936234388?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: VIZ LLC

(W/A/CA) Tite Kubo

$9.99

After the defeat of the Soul Reapers by the mysterious group of warriors calling themselves the Vandenreich, Ichigo heads to the royal palace to heal his wounds. With that accomplished, it's time to get stronger! But does Ichigo have what it takes to survive some super-intense training?

1801225027?profile=RESIZE_180x180BLUE MORNING VOL 4 GN

1936234812?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: VIZ LLC

(W/A/CA) Shoko Hidaka

$12.99

Katsuragi's lineage is fi nally revealed. Once the truth is discovered, he leaves the Kuze household for the Ishizaki home in an attempt to support Akihito from the outside. However, when rumors of Akihito's impropriety reach his ears, he rushes back to see his young master. Akihito then makes the dramatic confession that not only has he broken off the engagement crucial to the rank Katsuragi is so proud of, but he has also made threats against Marquise Moriyama!

I'm speechless.

1801225027?profile=RESIZE_180x180BOKURANO OURS VOL 10 GN

1936236808?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: VIZ LLC

(W/A/CA) Mohiro Kitoh

$12.99

Two children remain to fight for Earth's survival, and one of them isn't from this Earth at all. Saving the world is hard. Saving yourself is even harder.

If there's only two of you left, what are you saving the earth for? The roaches?

1801225027?profile=RESIZE_180x180BRAVEST WARRIORS 2014 ANNUAL #1

1936236901?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: BOOM ENTERTAINMENT

(W/A) Coleman Engle & Various

(CA) Ryan Pequin

$4.99

WHY WE LOVE IT: Because Catbug. Everything is Catbug.
    WHY YOU WILL LOVE IT: This is first time we've let loose a bunch of creators to make the BRAVEST WARRIORS comic book universe their own. And, obviously, you love Catbug. Everyone loves Catbug.

WHAT IT'S ABOUT:It's a Catbug special!! All new original short stories starring your favorite Catbug! Join Catbug and his friends, the Bravest Warriors, as they fight new enemies and embrace talking about feelings with this crazy collection of shorts!

• CRITTER (ONGOING) #18

1936197590?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: BIG DOG INK

(W) Tom Hutchison (A) Fico Ossio (CA) Fico Ossio, Jenevieve Broomall

Critter is starting to get the hang of super-heroing, but lands in the sights of one of the world's greatest assassins, Sonofagun!

$3.50

1801225027?profile=RESIZE_180x180CROSSED BADLANDS #33 HOT 4 COVER SET

1936199933?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: AVATAR PRESS INC

$39.99

Of course Crossed kids want to set their parents on fire! This four cover limited edition set by Matt Martin is limited to 400 bagged sets.

I'm seriously considering making this the only title whose covers I don't post.

1801225027?profile=RESIZE_180x180CROSSED BADLANDS #46

1936202055?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936204329?profile=RESIZE_320x3201801225027?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936206394?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: AVATAR PRESS INC

(W) Daniel Way

(A) Emiliano Urinola

(CA) Rafael Ortiz

$3.99

DANIEL WAY's bloody Crossed story continues as the seaworthy survivors try to find their way among the infected. Horror comes in all shapes and sizes, and the crew of the Coast Guard ship is about to find that out in most heinous fashion. The Captain thought he knew the Crossed, knew the rules for dealing with and outlasting them. But in a world full of maniacs, the only rule you can count on is an unpredictable grueling and violent ending. Available with Regular, Wraparound and Torture covers by Rafa Ortiz and special Red Crossed Incentive cover.

I mean, I don't want to be a prude, but Jeebus. These things are awful. Oh well. You take the good with the bad, i guess.

1801225027?profile=RESIZE_180x180DAY OF THE MAGICIANS GN

1936206495?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: HUMANOIDS INC

$29.95

Drazen has completed his training as a Magician and is determined to fulfill the mission given to him by his Caste: track down and defeat his own father, the renegade magician known as Lancaster. An epic tale of sorcery, love, and adventure similar to the Harry Potter books.

1801225027?profile=RESIZE_180x180DEADMAN WONDERLAND VOL 1 GN

1936209297?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: VIZ LLC

(W/A) Jinsei Kataoka, Kazuma Kondou

(CA) Kazuma Kondou, Jinsei Kataoka

$9.99

Framed for the brutal murders of his classmates by the mysterious Red Man, middle school student Ganta Igarashi finds himself sentenced to death and sent to the bizarre and fatal theme park/prison that has risen from the ruins of the Great Tokyo Earthquake- a hell on earth known as "Deadman Wonderland." The inmates of this insane penitentiary fight for survival every day to provide entertainment for the masses, and terrifying secrets lurk in the shadows. Ganta is determined to survive Deadman Wonderland and clear his name, but the price may be his soul...

"Deadman Wonderland" sounds like the Worst. Theme park. Ever.

1801225027?profile=RESIZE_180x180DEFLOWER THE BOSS

1936209477?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: DIGITAL MANGA DISTRIBUTION

(W/A/CA) Ayan Sakuragi

$12.95

Tomoe is a respectable president of his designing company, but from sheer (and strange)
    coincidence, at Tomoe's 33rd birthday party, all his co-workers find out that he is actually
    still a virgin. Everybody is shocked at this fact since Tomoe seems to be the perfect man
    whom anybody would want to be with! After hearing about Tomoe's surprising virginity,
    Koshimaru - a man who is both Tomoe's best friend from college and business partner -
    begins to feel a certain attraction toward Tomoe. Is this the slightly awkward beginning to
    an intimate relationship?

I was hoping "deflower" meant something else in Japanese culture, because this is just tacky. But nope, The Baron deflated that wan hope.

"It means exactly what you think it does," quoth The Baron. "I'm sure it's no more or less tacky than any other yaoi out there."

1801225027?profile=RESIZE_180x180DEVIL & HER LOVE SONG VOL 13 GN

1936211756?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: VIZ LLC

(W/A/CA) Miyoshi Tomori

$9.99

The SERIES FINALE to a moving coming-of-age story that showcases a fierce, dynamic heroine who is unafraid to speak her mind.

1801225027?profile=RESIZE_180x180DRAGON BALL FULL COLOR VOL 1 SAIYAN ARC TP

1936213972?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: VIZ LLC

(W/A/CA) Akira Toriyama

$19.99

Son Goku is the greatest hero on Earth. Five years after defeating the demon king Piccolo, he's grown up and had a family- he's married, and he has a child, Son Gohan. But what is the real reason for Goku's incredible strength? A visitor from outer space arrives bearing terrible news- Goku is an alien, and the visitor, Raditz, is Goku's brother! When Raditz turns out to be a ruthless killer, Goku must fight his incredibly strong brother to save his family and the entire human race. A surprising alliance may be Earth's last hope: Goku will team up with his old enemy Piccolo-archnemesis united to save the world!

Dragonball Z? That's still around? Wow, that makes me feel old all of a sudden.

"This looks like a reprint of an old story arc, only with color added," added The Baron. "The sort of thing I'd flip through just to see what it looked like in color, but probably not interesting enough to re-buy a story line I already own in black and white."

1801225027?profile=RESIZE_180x180DREDD UNDERBELLY MOVIE SEQUEL ONE-SHOT

1936216180?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: REBELLION DEVELOPMENTS LTD

(W) Arthur Wyatt

(A/CA) Henry Flint

$3.99

The one-shot sequel to the critically-acclaimed movie! In the wake of Ma-Ma's death, other criminal gangs in Mega-City One are moving into the power vacuum, trying to fill the gap in the market left by the Slo-Mo drug. When a corpse dump is discovered in a rad-pit, the bodies are all revealed to be mutants. Could the dead be connected with an outfit smuggling illegal refugees into the city from the Cursed Earth? Dredd once again teams with Psi-Judge Anderson as they scour the underworld for the perps responsible, to bring them to justice!

I really liked that movie!

1801225027?profile=RESIZE_180x180DURARARA SAIKA VOL 3 TP

1936218264?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: HACHETTE BOOK GROUP USA

(W) Ryohgo Narita

(A/CA) Akiyo Satorigi

$13.00

The anime adaptation of this NYT bestselling series airs on Cartoon Network's popular Adult Swim animation block! "We love all of humanity." Mysterious chat room messages, all posted under the name "Saika," profess love for humanity-and for one man in particular. Saika's target: Shizuo Heiwajima!! Over fifty people have been struck in the worst case of serial slashings in the history of Ikebukuro. But the slasher's victims have tasted not only the blade, but also the vision of their attacker. A vision of love, love, love that can only be realized when their own blades have pierced the body of their beloveds. Shizuo braces himself for a battle to the death in the shocking climax of the Saika Arc!!

1801225027?profile=RESIZE_180x180GANGSTA VOL 1 GN

1936218504?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: VIZ LLC

(W/A/CA) Kohske

$12.99

In the city of Ergastulum, a shady ville filled with made men and petty thieves, whores on the make and cops on the take, there are some deeds too dirty for even its jaded inhabitants to touch. Enter the "Handymen," Nic and Worick, who take care of the jobs no one else will handle. Until the day when a cop they know on the force requests their help in taking down a new gang muscling in on the territory of a top Mafia family. It seems like business (and mayhem) as usual, but the Handymen are about to find that this job is a lot more than they bargained for.

1801225027?profile=RESIZE_180x180GARFIELD #17 BALTIMORE COMIC CON EXC

1936218784?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: BOOM ENTERTAINMENT

(W) Mark Evanier, Scott Nickel

(A) Andy Hirsch, Dave DeGrand

(CA) Natasha Allegri

$9.99

Garfield and the gang ride in style on this limited edition variant cover by Natasha Allegri (ADVENTURE TIME: FIONNA & CAKE), previously available only at Baltimore ComicCon. Quantities are limited, allocations may occur.

1801225027?profile=RESIZE_180x180GARTH ENNIS PRESENTS BATTLE CLASSICS HC

1936220955?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: RANDOM HOUSE

(W) Mike Western & Various

(A/CA) Cam Kennedy

$29.95

New York Times bestselling writer Garth Ennis, writer of The Boys and Preacher, selects his favourite stories from the seminal 1970s British boys' comic Battle. Included here for the very first time are the complete HMS Nightshade, and the never-before-reprinted The General Dies At Dawn stories. With insights and introductions by Ennis himself, these war comic rarities are not to be missed!

I'm genuinely curious about this. Was Battle really that good, or is it just part of Garth Ennis' childhood?

1801225027?profile=RESIZE_180x180GRIMM FAIRY TALES: CODE RED #2

1936221087?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936223421?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936226721?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: ZENESCOPE ENTERTAINMENT INC

(W) Patrick Shand

(A) Ricardo Osnaya

(CA) Giuseppe Cafaro

$2.99

The Dark Horde is after the fabled Cyclops Eye and the only thing that can stop them is Agent Red. She finds herself alone in the forests of the pacific northwest outnumbered and overmatched. Help from a familiar ally is on the way but will it arrive in time to stop the Horde and keep the Cyclops Eye from falling into their hands?

Last month I was prepared to make my usual snark about GFT covers, whose sole purpose  seems to be to find new and ingenious ways to transform female fairy-tale characters into soft-core porn. But, alas, for some reason all the cover artists last month were in a grim-n-gritty mood, and it was all knives and blood and gritted teeth.

Thankfully, it appears we are back to the cheesecake, which I find much more palatable than violence.

1801225027?profile=RESIZE_180x180GRIMM FAIRY TALES #93

1936228654?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936228744?profile=RESIZE_320x3201801225027?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936230927?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: ZENESCOPE ENTERTAINMENT INC

(W) Joe Brusha

(A) TBD

(CA) Alfredo Reyes

The Countdown to 100 begins!
    Sela makes the switch from teacher to student in this issue and hears the fairy tale of swords. Throughout the tales of legend magic swords have always played a part. But what ties does Sela's own sword have to the swords of legend? Find out in this issue.

$2.99

1801225027?profile=RESIZE_180x180GRIMM FAIRY TALES FROM OZ #1 TIN MAN

1936233117?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936233592?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936235700?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: ZENESCOPE ENTERTAINMENT INC

(W) Dan Wickline

(A) Noah Salonga

(CA) Richard Ortiz

$2.99

Once a peaceful wood-cutter, the woodsman dared to disobey the rules of the Wicked Witch of the West. But losing his humanity did not quench his desire for one of the most basic human needs: love. The first issue in the brand new TALES FROM OZ series tells the story of how the Tin Man lost his heart and became a hollow shell.

Now, honestly, what guy hasn't felt like the Tin Man in the cover at top left at some point in their dating careers? 'Fess up, fellas!

1801225027?profile=RESIZE_180x180GOONG VOL 14: ROYAL PALACE GN

1936237804?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: HACHETTE BOOK GROUP USA

(W/A/CA) So-Hee Park

$25.00

Becoming a princess is every girl's dream, but when an arranged marriage brings common high schooler ChaeKyung to the palace, the royal life isn't at all what she expected! When a leisurely hot-springs trip with the Queen Mother intended to bring the future royal couples closer throws Prince Shi, Hyo-Rin, Yul, and Mi-Roo together, fireworks are on the horizon. It quickly becomes painfully clear to all involved-especially Hyo-Rin-that Shin has his ex-wife, Chae-Kyung, on his mind. And when Yul and Shin find themselves alone, Shin confronts Yul, asking him to come clean about his part in Shin's divorce from Chae-Kyung! To make matters worse, Shin isn't the only one with sneaking suspicions about the divorce. The king is about to throw himself into the fray by taking Yul to task!

1801225027?profile=RESIZE_180x180HARTLEPOOL MONKEY HC (KNOCKABOUT)

1936237873?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: DIAMOND COMIC DIST--ENGLAND

(W) Wilfrid Lupano

(A/CA) Jeremie Moreau

$20.99

1814, near the little village of Hartlepool England, a war-ship in the Napoleonic fleet sinks. Amid the wreckage, fishermen discover a survivor: a monkey dressed in full military regalia, the mascot of the shipwrecked French vessel. The people of Hartlepool despised all Frenchmen and, though they have never seen a Frenchmen - or a monkey for that matter, the ape unfortunatly found himself court martialled. Inspired by the famous legend of the Hartlepool monkey, this is a tragi-comic fable of war and jingoism, of xenophobia and ignorance and of the glimmering of enlightenment.

1801225027?profile=RESIZE_180x180HAYATE COMBAT BUTLER VOL 23 TP

1936240122?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: VIZ LLC

(W/A/CA) Kenjiro Hata

$9.99

A fun, lighthearted comedy with a straightforward storyline filled with otaku gags.

I guess after all the books about executive assistants who double as assassins, it was only a matter of time before butlers got into the act!

Adds The Baron: "Cultural note:  A common thing in Japan is the meido kissa, or "maid cafe," a type of cafe where the waitresses dress up as maids and address the clientele as though they were "master" (and "mistress") of a private home.  The clientele of such places tend to be largely -- though not exclusively -- male and the staff tend to be largely -- though not exclusively (!) -- female. The reason I mention this is that there also exist "butler cafes," aimed more at a female clientele. Many butler cafes tend to hire Western men as staff, although I've heard that someplaces have female "butlers."

• HIGH SCHOOL DEBUT 3-IN-1 VOL 1 TP

1936197188?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: VIZ LLC

(W/A/CA) Kazune Kawahara

$14.99

Hapless Haruna needs help finding a boyfriend! After failing to win the eye of any guy in high school, Haruna enlists the help of cute upperclassman Yoh to coach her on how to make herself more appealing to the male species. Yoh agrees, with one catch: Haruna had better not fall for him!

I was bored with high school the first time around. why would I ever want to re-live it in fiction? I guess I'm the only person who thinks that way, given all the series -- comics, TV, everywhere -- set in high school.

1801225027?profile=RESIZE_180x180HIGURASHI WHEN THEY CRY VOL 24 FESTIVAL ACCOMPANYING ARC GN

1936197453?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: HACHETTE BOOK GROUP USA

(W) Ryukishi07

(A/CA) Karin Suzuragi

$18.99

A sleepy town in rural Japan turns grisly in this chilling horror series, a New York Times manga bestseller! After endless cycles of tragedy, Rika at last finds herself in an incarnation where she knows the true culprit behind her murder. But with only a week before the Cotton Drifting Festival-and her demise-she and Hanyu are going to have to work fast to devise a counter-strategy. The past has shown that Rika can count on her friends for support if she is open with them about her fears. Even so, if she wants to unravel the plot that will ultimately destroy Hinamizawa, she's going to need help in higher places-but what evidence would convince an adult that the little girl's fear of death is founded?

1801225027?profile=RESIZE_180x180HIT LIST #4

1936199523?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936201592?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936201758?profile=RESIZE_180x1801801225027?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936204058?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: ZENESCOPE ENTERTAINMENT INC

(W) Ralph Tedesco

(A) TBD

(CA) Mike Krome

$2.99

Bale turns up the heat on Brown House by letting the dogs loose. Meanwhile, Thorne has identified Rian and just needs to find her - but will she come to find him first?

I can't say I much approve of her career, but the lady at left sure appears to enjoy her job!

1801225027?profile=RESIZE_180x180INU YASHA VIZBIG ED VOL 18 TP

1936204202?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: VIZ LLC

(W/A/CA) Yoshiki Nakamura

$19.99

The SERIES FINALE of Rumiko Takahashi's epic in a large prestige format including bonus color pages!

1801225027?profile=RESIZE_180x180KINGDOM HEARTS 358 / 2 DAYS VOL 2 GN

1936206431?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: HACHETTE BOOK GROUP USA

(W/A/CA) Shiro Amano

$12.00

Disney's most beloved characters come together in this manga adaptation of the bestselling video game franchise! When Xion loses her Keyblade, it's Roxas's job to make sure no one finds out. As long as the two can go on missions together, no one will know that it's Roxas collecting all the hearts. But will Demyx blow their little secret? And when the Organization issues an order to Xion to capture an outsider masquerading as one of its members, who will come out on top in the ensuing battle?!

1801225027?profile=RESIZE_180x180LOST AT SEA HC

1936208678?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: ONI PRESS INC.

(W) Bryan Lee O'malley

(A/CA) Bryan Lee O'Malley

$24.99

Raleigh doesn't have a soul. A cat stole it -- at least that's what she tells people -- at least that's what she would tell people if she told people anything. But that would mean talking to people, and the mere thought of social interaction is terrifying. How did such a shy teenage girl end up in a car with three of her hooligan classmates on a cross-country road trip? Being forced to interact with kids her own age is a new and alarming proposition for Raleigh, but maybe it's just what she needs - or maybe it can help her find what she needs -- or maybe it can help her to realize that what she needs has been with her all along. This special hardcover edition of Bryan Lee O'Malley's classic coming-of-age graphic novel includes previously uncollected shorts and extra bonus material.

1801225027?profile=RESIZE_180x180MAGI VOL 4 GN

1936208908?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: VIZ LLC

(W/A/CA) Shinobu Ohtaka

$9.99

After many adventures, Aladdin finally reaches the great city of Baldadd. There he reunites with his friend Alibaba hoping to once again capture a dungeon together. However, a more cruel destiny lies ahead...

1801225027?profile=RESIZE_180x180MERCY SPARX #4

1936210957?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: DEVILS DUE ENTERTAINMENT

(W) Josh Blaylock

(A) Matt Merhoff

(CA) Matt Merhoff, Agnes Garbowska

$3.99

Figthing. Cursing. Devils. Demons. Drinking. Sarcasm. Smoking while Drinking. Angels. More Fighting. Hangovers. Cursing. Booze. Tattoos. Epic unfolding events to change the course of the world. And drinking.... Continued!

1801225027?profile=RESIZE_180x180NINJAGO VOL 9 GN

1936211202?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: Papercutz

(W) Greg Farshtey

(A/CA) Jolyon Yates

$6.99

The Masters of Spinjitzu return! The saga continues here, and only here! After the defeat of the Stone Warriors, Jay, Cole, Zane, and Kai have to regroup fast when an even greater challenge rises from the shadows. With their ranks divided against the most sinister, most unstoppable foe they have ever faced, the ninja must call upon everything they've learned from Sensei Wu - and more. This is the one you've been waiting for! All-new high-kicking action from the world of Ninjago!

Available in hardcover and softcover editions.

1801225027?profile=RESIZE_180x180NURA RISE OF THE YOKAI CLAN VOL 19 GN

1936211319?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: VIZ LLC

(W/A/CA) Mayu Shinjo

$9.99

A supernatural saga of a 13-year-old by day, and a leader of a demon clan by night- straight from the pages of Weekly Shonen Jump and the anime is airing on Neon Alley!

1801225027?profile=RESIZE_180x180OMAMORI HIMARI VOL 11 GN

1936213473?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: HACHETTE BOOK GROUP USA

(W/A/CA) Milan Matra

$13.00

An orphaned boy must learn learn to live with a sexy supernatural warrior who aggravates his allergies (and his hormones) in this quirky take on the fantasy romcom! When the Nine-Tails takes a bite out of Yuuto, a livid Himari turns the tables and overwhelms the powerful ayakashi with her great strength. However, the more Himari rages, relying on her demonic power, the more her heart is consumed by darkness. The battle may be over, but has Himari already lost the war... against herself?!

1801225027?profile=RESIZE_180x180ONE PIECE 3-IN-1 VOL 8 TP

1936215767?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: VIZ LLC

(W/A/CA) Eiichiro Oda

$14.99

This 3-in-1 edition contains One Piece volumes 22, 23, and 24, including the exciting conclusion to the Baroque Works story arc!

Man, there sure is a LOT of manga, manhua and manhwa material being published in the U.S. these days! Now, I'm not complaining -- the more the merrier, i say. I just worry that Hachette, Random House, Viz and the others are flooding the market, and there aren't enough dollars to soak it all up. That would have some very bad consequences.

And is the amount of Eastern material increasing? I haven't done an official count, but it seems like there's more books I don't know anything about every month!

1801225027?profile=RESIZE_180x180POKEMON ADV PLATINUM VOL 10 GN

1936217883?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: VIZ LLC

(W) Hidenori Kusaka

(A/CA) Satoshi Yamamoto

$9.99

Lady faces a new Pokémon battle challenge when she must swap her Pokémon with her opponent and fight with rented Pokémon. Meanwhile, the Battle Frontier begins to suffer from a mysterious communications malfunction... What does it signify? Then, Dia and Pearl set out to visit several Legendary Pokémon of the Sinnoh region. Will they be able to protect them from Team Galactic? Plus, say hello to Togekiss, Empoleon, Heatran, Kakuna, Seedot, Ledian and Rotom!

1801225027?profile=RESIZE_180x180PRINCE VALIANT HC VOL 8 1951-1952

1936218015?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: FANTAGRAPHICS BOOKS

(W/A/CA) Hal Foster

$35.00

Our continuing reprinting of Hal Foster's sumptuous epic enters the 1950s. This volume includes the second half of "The Missionaries" and concludes with the beginning of "Valhalla."Prince Valiant Volume 8also includes an article on Foster's "Mounties" ad campaign paintings from the 1930s. Once again, the pages have been scanned directly from Foster's personal collection of syndicate proofs, providing the most spectacular iteration of this material since its original publication in Sunday newspapers 60 years ago.

It's been so long since one of these has shipped, I forgot all about them. Welcome back, Hal!

1801225027?profile=RESIZE_180x180ROLL HARD GN

1936220634?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: ADVENTURIST CORP

(W) Billy Tucci, Robert Young Pelton

(A) Billy Tucci, Tom Novak

(CA) Billy Tucci

$9.99

A team of misfit Blackwater contractors must run "RPG Alley" every day. Kicked off the "Pretty Boy" CIA and State Dept security details, the team, with the help of the insanely talented "Little Bird" pilots struggle to stay alive on Baghdad's mean streets. When a famous war correspondent decides to spend a month with them they rebel at first, but then slowly each man tells his dark story until the team is hit by a deadly IED on the most violent day for contractors in Iraq's history.

Roll hard. (And put away wet.)

1801225027?profile=RESIZE_180x180SAKURA HIME LEGEND OF PRINCESS SAKURA GN VOL 12

1936220910?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: VIZ LLC

(W/A/CA) Arina Tanemura

$9.99

Sakura, grieving for all her friends who have died, returns to Aoba's estate. Enju attacks, and Sakura loses two more people she loves. And just when she believes the battle to finally be over, Princess Kaguya appears!

1801225027?profile=RESIZE_180x180SIEGFRIED HC VOL 02 VALKYRIE

1936223087?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: ARCHAIA ENTERTAINMENT LLC

(W/A/CA) Alex Alice

$24.95

A three-part story inspired by Wagner's classic opera The Ring of the Nibelung: Siegfried, born of the love between a mortal man and a Valkyrie, is a young orphan being raised by Mime, one of the last of the dwarf-goblin Nibelungs, in a dark forest with only wolves for friends and family. While his foster parent only wants to live in peace and solitude, Siegfried yearns to discover who his real parents were and live amongst his own kind, not knowing that Odin, father of the Norse gods, has a destiny planned for him: to fight the dragon Fafnir, guardian of the Rheingold. In this second volume, Siegfried sets off from his safe, forest home to find the world of men. With Mime as his reluctant guide, Siegfried plunges headlong into the dangers of the swamp of the sorcerer Volva, where he learns of his destiny to confront the dragon Fafnir!

1801225027?profile=RESIZE_180x180SIMPSONS ILLUSTRATED #9

1936225457?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: BONGO COMICS

(W/A) Matt Groening

(CA) Jason Ho, Mike Rote

$3.99

After Lisa is diagnosed with complications due to Middle Child Syndrome, the Simpsons decide to adopt another child to balance things out. That child turns out to be Nelson Muntz, and it's not long before he becomes head of the household, and Homer starts to suffer from Displaced Dad Syndrome. Then, Pieman and the Cupcake Kid encounter another uncouth and undercooked evil genius in the guise of Professor Frink, whose zeal to fund his research has some unexpected and embarrassing effects on the pastry-themed pair. Finally, a science experiment run amok leads to a population explosion of Barts!

1801225027?profile=RESIZE_180x180SNOWPIERCER HC VOL 1 THE ESCAPE

1936225963?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: RANDOM HOUSE

(W) Lob

(A/CA) Jean-Marc Rochette

$19.99

From fearsome engine to final car, all surviving human life is here: a complete hierarchy of the society we lost. The elite, as ever, travel in luxury at the front of the train - but for those in the rear coaches, life is squalid, miserable and short. Now the poor have had enough: it's time to seize control of the engine - and their future! Translated from the highly acclaimed French classic, Snowpiercer is soon to be a major motion picture directed by Joon-Ho Bong (The Host) and starring Chris Evans.

1801225027?profile=RESIZE_180x180SONS OF ANARCHY #1 NYCC EXC

1936226129?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: BOOM ENTERTAINMENT

(W) Christopher Golden

(A) Damian Coueciro

(CA) Damian Couceiro

$9.99

With the Ghost Brothers hot on her tail and no one left to turn to after the death of her uncle, Kozik, Kendra finds the only person in the world left who might help her: Tig Trager. But Tig answers to SAMCRO, and SAMCRO just might answer to a higher power...that wants Kendra six feet under.
    Need previously only available at NYCC language and a bit about orders may be allocated in here somewhere.

1801225027?profile=RESIZE_180x180SOUL EATER TP VOL 18

1936228114?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: HACHETTE BOOK GROUP USA

(W/A/CA) Atsushi Ohkubo

$13.00

Young meisters battle to strengthen their weapons and eradicate the evil souls that threaten our world in this comedic action series appearing monthly in Yen PLUS! As Kid struggles against the madness deep in the Book of Eibon, a group of Spartoi members race to rescue their friend. Through page after page of Lust, Gluttony, and Envy, the students must conquer the seduction of their own fears and desires to reach the final chapter! Will their efforts be enough to give this tale a happy ending?!

I'm told souls taste just like chicken.

1801225027?profile=RESIZE_180x180TAROT WITCH OF THE BLACK ROSE #84

1936230109?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: BROADSWORD COMICS

(W/A/CA) Jim Balent

$2.95

"Night of the Krampus." Not all creatures are confined to folklore. Some walk the streets at night and capture naughty little children and shove them in their sacks! Tarot receives a desperate plea from such a child halfway around the world. But upon arriving she discovers a much larger monster! A perfect jumping-on place for new readers and a thrilling one shot story for Tarot lovers!

1801225027?profile=RESIZE_180x180TEZUKA BUDDHA SC 03 DEVADATTA

1936232602?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: RANDOM HOUSE

(W/A/CA) Osamu Tezuka

$14.95

From Vertical Inc.! For Devadatta - the title character in this third volume of the award-winning graphic novel series - life is an endless string of deserved and undeserved pain. Will he be able to love the world when all it gives him are reasons to hate it? Showing Davadetta the sanctity of life will be as heart-warming as it will be difficult.

1801225027?profile=RESIZE_180x180TOKYO MEW MEW A LA MODE OMNIBUS

1936233059?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: RANDOM HOUSE

(W/A/CA) Mia Ikumi

$14.99

With Mew Ichigo Momomiya studying abroad in London with Masaya, the remaining four girls from Cafe Mew Mew are one too few. Luckily, a new Mew is about to emerge. Little does she know she's about to become the first Mew Mew with TWO sets of animal genes in her blood. Half cat, half rabbit, she's joining the Mew Mew team just in time. A new gang calling itself the Crusaders has appeared, and its leader just happens to love wild game like rabbit - well done and served for dinner!

1801225027?profile=RESIZE_180x180TORIKO GN VOL 20

1936233264?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: VIZ LLC

(W/A/CA) Mitsutoshi Shimabukuro

$9.99

A wacky, action-packed combo meal of Oishinbo, Pokemon, WWE wrestling and Bizarre Foods.

1801225027?profile=RESIZE_180x180TRIAGE X GN VOL 5

1936235369?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: HACHETTE BOOK GROUP USA

(W/A/CA) Shouji Sato

$14.00

An intense action thriller from the artist of the bestselling series, High School of the Dead! Oriha's TV career is just kicking off, and a live performance with a pair of pop-idol rivals will surely boost her popularity to even greater heights! But when the studio and cameras suddenly go dark, Oriha discovers she's been upstaged by an armed and angry terrorist group whose plan for "reform" involves executing the idols one by one. But Oriha isn't ready to make her final bow just yet!

Like I said, I'm glad to see all these books from the East. And from the looks of this cover, I'd say our adolescent boys have much the same interests as their adolescent boys! It's good to see some things are universal. :)

• TRISH OUT OF WATER #4

1936197999?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936200414?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936202662?profile=RESIZE_180x1801801225027?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936202686?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: ASPEN MLT INC

(W) Vince Hernandez

(A) Giuseppe Cafaro

(CA) Lori Hanson

$3.99

All Hell breaks loose as Trish and her friends are dangerously confronted by those under the surface, and the group must tragically separate for their own good. However, a bigger surprise waits for Trish, as she discovers secrets about herself that will forever change her life-for better...or worse!

Aspen's own Vince Hernandez is joined by the artistic talents of Giuseppe Cafaro and Andrea Dotta to bring to you Aspen's newest hit series, TRISH OUT OF WATER!

1801225027?profile=RESIZE_180x180UBER #9

1936203105?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936203239?profile=RESIZE_320x3201801225027?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936205341?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: AVATAR PRESS INC

(W) Kieron Gillen

(A/CA) Canaan White

$3.99

KIERON GILLEN and CAANAN WHITE welcome the New Year with more enhanced horrors in the Pacific Theater. Uber changed the way World War II ended and now an extended period of suffering has escalated the losses for both sides. Japanese deployment of super soldiers has given rise to new nautical terrors. And no one could see the conflict taking this turn as the Allies attempt to cope with the devastating new weapons of war. Enter the new World War II with the arms race now focused upon developing super human warriors and the utter annihilation of entire armies. Available with Regular or Wraparound cover by Caanan White, Propaganda Poster cover by Michael Dipascale, and a special Blitzkrieg Incentive cover by Caanan White.

I want to tell these guys that the war's over and that they lost, but it never seems like quite the right time.

1801225027?profile=RESIZE_180x180UMINEKO WHEN THEY CRY GN VOL 05 BANQUET O/T GOLDEN WITCH PT

1936205543?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: HACHETTE BOOK GROUP USA

(W) Ryukishi07

(A/CA) Kei Natsumi

$22.00

A closed-circle mystery from the creator of the New York Times bestselling Higurashi When They Cry! Time holds little meaning for Beatrice the Millennial Witch. Replaying the events leading up to the Golden Banquet again and again only gives her more oppor-tunity to play with her new favorite toy, Battler Ushiromiya. The boy's will to resist the witch remains strong as the curtain rises for a third time on the Ushiromiya family's annual reunion. But as Beatrice pulls more and more players into the game, the strain on Battler's defenses is evident. Do the other members of his family hold the key to solving the witch's riddle and sealing her defeat?!

1801225027?profile=RESIZE_180x180URSA MINOR ONGOING #3

1936207882?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: BIG DOG INK

(W) Tom Hutchison

(A) Ian Snyder

(CA) Ian Snyder, Nei Ruffino

$3.50

A hunter of legend appears in the Great Northwest, but is she there to save Anna and Victor, or is she just accomplishing the task she has sworn herself to?

If I'm going to be an ursa, I want to be a major. Settling for Ursa Minor shows a terrible lack of ambition.

1801225027?profile=RESIZE_180x180VOICE OVER SEIYU ACADEMY GN VOL 03

1936207987?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: VIZ LLC

(W/A/CA) Maki Minami

$9.99

Hime just got her first big break in voice acting, but it means she has to move out of her house and pretend to be a boy! Her new manager, Yamada, is willing to put in the extra time to train her personally, and Hime's hope of being a voice actor seems close to being fulfilled. But Yamada insists he'll only user her for male characters. Will she have to give up on Lovely Blazers to see her dream come true?

I understand that if the seventh son of a seventh son says "Seiyu," he gets his own magical thunderbolt!

1801225027?profile=RESIZE_180x180WWE ONGOING #2

1936208315?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: NBM

(W) Mick Foley

(A/CA) Alitha Martinez

$3.99

"Yes!" Imagine a city much like any other crumbling, crime-ridden, corrupt modern city, except it? key people are shockingly similar to WWE super-stars. That city is Titan City. And Titan City is on the brink of chaos while warring factions try to track down the missing $10,000,000.00 that was allegedly stolen by John Cena! CM Punk prepares the people against the corrupt McMahon machine. John Cena finds himself manhandled by the enforcer Mark Henry. And Randy Orton confronts someone who could change the landscape of the city forever with just one word: yes! Daniel Bryan is ready to take over!

Heh! Mick Foley is writing this! Awesome.

• ADVENTURE TIME #24 MAIN CVRS (C: 1-0-0)
    ADVENTURE TIME 2014 SPECIAL #1
    EAST OF WEST #9
    GUARDIANS OF GALAXY #11.NOW
    INHUMANITY #2
    SAGA #18 (MR)
    SAVIORS #2 (MR)
    SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN #26
    THOR GOD OF THUNDER #18
    UNCANNY AVENGERS #16

This reply was deleted.