BEST BETS

100TH ANNIVERSARY SPECIAL -- SPIDER-MAN #1 (Marvel, $3.99): Another in a series of 75th-anniversary books -- Marvel Comics #1 debuted in 1939 -- that shows what Marvel heroes might look like in 2061, 100 years after Fantastic Four #1. If done with breathless imagination, this sort of thing can be quite entertaining.

GRAYSON #1 (DC Comics, $2.99): Skipping over the implausibility of Dick Grayson having his secret ID blown without everyone on earth figuring out that Bruce Wayne is Batman -- which they would -- the new status quo for the ex-Robin and former Nightwing opens some doors this new title will step through. Evidently Grayson is going to go to work for a U.S. intelligence agency -- presumably the CIA, although who knows what it will actually be called -- which means he will use a gun and have adventures more in line with James Bond than Batman. Which could be very cool!

MAGNUS ROBOT FIGHTER #0, WARLORD OF MARS #0 (Dynamite, $3.99 each): A genuine jumping-on point for these two titles featuring classic characters. The former is the character created, written and drawn by the legendary Russ Manning in 1960s Gold Key comics, and the latter is John Carter of Mars, created by Edgar Rice Burroughs in 1914.

ORIGINAL SINS #3, ORIGINAL SIN #5.1 (Marvel, $3.99 EACH): Marvel's big summer crossover thunders on. Original Sins #3 reveals old sins for Black Bolt and J. Jonah Jameson, while the Young Avengers story continues. Original Sin #5.1 (also called Thor & Loki: The Tenth Realm #1, of 5) features an addition to Thor's family (a long-hidden sister) as well as an addition to the Nine Realms.   Original Sin tie-in books for this week include All-New Invaders #7, Avengers #32, Deadpool #31, Fantastic Four #7,

ROCKET GIRL, VOL. 1: TIMES SQUARED (TPB, Image, $9.99): Collects Rocket Girl #1-5. I've been bragging on this book since I read the first two issues, and the slowness with which the next three issues came out has only mildly retarded my enthusiasm. This is a nice, simple, high-concept book (teen policeman from the future, with rocket pack and ray gun!), with one of the most charming leads I've seen in a while. Tired of obnoxious, selfish teens? Here's one who is idealistic, conscientious and only a little naive. Plus, she's cute as a button.

SPIDER-MAN 2099 #1 (Marvel, $3.99): Once upon a time, Marvel launched an entire line of books set in the year 2099. Most weren't very good, and the whole line didn't last, but the most popular was by far Spider-Man 2099, written by Peter David. Now that character is back -- not only in print, but in the year 2014, and with David again writing him!

THE SPREAD #1 (Image, $3.50): Yes, it's another apocalypse story. But, hey, I like 'em! This one involves a biomass that spreads and absorbs/transforms everything it touches, sort of like The Blob in the Steve McQueen movie of the same name. Our hero is "Spread-immune" and can't be absorbed, so he can go places others can't. But in a world where basic infrastructure and civilization have collapsed, he's still got humans to deal with.

THE STRAIN VOL 1 (HC, Dark Horse, $29.99): This hardcover collects the 2011 Dark Horse maxiseries by David Lapham and Mike Huddleston that adapted the first book of Guillermo del Toro's "Strain" trilogy. (It has previously been collected as a pair of TPBs.) With the TV show premiering July 13, this book could come in handy!

THIS WEEK'S COMICS

The Comics Guide is assembled using the Diamond Comic Distributors Inc. website, as a guide, and is subject to change. Clicking on most images results in a larger image. All information is from Diamond and/or publisher solicitations and press releases, except for random comments by Captain Comics (in blue), and occasional comments by The Baron (in this here purplish color).

ARCHIE COMICS

ARCHIE #657

Script: TOM DEFALCO

Art: FERNANDO RUIZ, RICH KOSLOWSKI, JACK MORELLIL

Cover: DAN PARENT, BOB SMITH, TITO PENA

“Little Archie & his Pals” Variant Cover: ART BALTAZAR, FRANCO

32-page, full color comic, $2.99 U.S.

Veronica’s falling in love -- with windsurfing! Jealous Archie is determined to learn the sport as well, but given that he might possibly be the clumsiest person that ever walked the face of the planet, things don’t go very well. Desperate to learn, he takes lessons from the only expert in town: Cheryl Blossom! With variant cover art by Art Baltazar & Franco of Tiny Titans fame, this book will fly off the shelves!

BETTY AND VERONICA COMICS ANNUAL #224

Script: BARBARA SLATE

Art: JEFF SHULTZ, AL MILGROM, VICKIE WILLIAMS, BARRY GROSSMAN

Cover: DAN PARENT, BOB SMITH, TITO PENA

192-page, full color comic, $5.99 U.S.

A day at the beach brings no fun in the sun for Veronica! Will her beach bumming antics cause her to get burned in more ways than one? Find out in “Top Executive,” the fun lead story in this perfect beach read!

I seriously doubt there have been 224 B&V annuals, since "annual" means once a year, and I'm pretty sure the series hasn't been running since 1790. Anyone have any idea how the title/numbering ended up like this?DARK HORSE

ABE SAPIEN #14

Writers: MIKE MIGNOLA, SCOTT ALLIE

Art: MAX FIUMARA

Colors: DAVE STEWART

Cover: SEBASTIAN FIUMARA

FC, 32 pages, $3.50

Ongoing

Abe tries to find out what’s haunting the young woman he’s traveling with, while his own past catches up to him. Abe goes underwater for answers, but a crazed witch claims to hold the answers they both need.

“Easily one of the best books on the shelf each and every month.” -- All Comic

ABE SAPIEN VOLUME 4: THE SHAPE OF THINGS TO COME (TPB)

Writer/Cover: MIKE MIGNOLA

Writer: SCOTT ALLIE

Art: SEBASTIAN FIUMARA, MAX FIUMARA

Colors: DAVE STEWART

FC, 144 pages, $19.99

TPB, 7” x 10”

A mutated Abe Sapien fights carnivorous monsters crawling out of the desert sand, a fortified militia that’s walled Phoenix off from the rest of the world, and a vicious zombie swarm, while a mad necromancer rises over the monster-infested ruins of Seattle. Collects issues #6-7 and #9-11 of the series.

Abe vs. flesh-eating undead!

“Fiumara’s art is gorgeous.” -- Comic Book Resources

THE CHRONICLES OF CONAN VOL 27 (TPB)

Writer: JAMES OWSLEY

Penciller: VAL SEMEIKS

Inker: ALFREDO ALCALA

Colors: GEORGE ROUSSOS

Cover: VAL SEMEIKS, GEORGE ROUSSOS, GEOF ISHERWOOD

FC, 224 pages, $19.99

TPB, 7’’ x 10’’

BROTHERHOOD OF STEEL!

He is known as “The Great Devil” -- Heku, warlord of the eastern kingdoms, commander of a horde likened to the sands upon the earth. More than conquest, Heku desires the return of his son, Kobe, once coldly given as a gift to a king but now Conan’s comrade and unwilling to return to his father’s evil embrace. All Kobe has between him and Heku’s host is his sword and Conan’s friendship, a bond stronger than steel! Collects Marvel’s Conan the Barbarian #206-214 and Handbook of the Conan Universe, never before collected.

Conan stories like this have a nostalgic appeal for me, based on what was happening in my life when they came out. But IIRC, they weren't really very good. In fact, a few years before both series ended, I dropped both Conan the Barbarian and Savage Sword of Conan. Heresy, I know, but I found them repetitive, dog-brothers.

DOCTOR SOLAR, MAN OF THE ATOM ARCHIVES VOL 3 (TPB)

Writer: Paul S. Newman

Art: Frank Bolle

Cover: George Wilson

FC, 208 pages, $19.99

TP, 7’’ x 10’’

EXHILARATING TALES FROM THE ATOMIC AGE!

In a series of catastrophic events like nothing ever witnessed, Doctor Solar struggles to save the Earth from giant death machines, nuclear annihilation, lava monsters, robot scorpions, and even a bizarre Doctor Solar clone! Hurtling back in time, Solar relives the incredible events that both blessed and cursed him with godlike powers! Solar battles Primo -- an elemental demon -- and multiple Solars fight microscopic aliens from outer space! Don't miss the strangest, most fantastic tales from the atomic age! Collects issues #15-22 of Gold Key’s sci-fi/adventure series.

• Featuring a foreword by Mike Baron (Nexus, Badger)!

• Classic 1960s adventures by Paul S. Newman and Frank Bolle!

2013 Eisner Nominated for Best Painter!

EERIE #5

Writers: JOHN ARCUDI, BRANDON MONTCLARE

Art: AARON CONLEY, HENRY FLINT

Cover: JIM PAVLEE

B&W, 32 pages, $3.99

Ongoing

WARPED WEIRDNESS WITHIN!

Undergo a macabre metamorphosis this month with Eerie! Witness bizarre transformations set in motion by an ancient spore and ruinous radioactivity -- brought to you by the otherworldly talents of John Arcudi, Brandon Montclare, Aaron Conley, and Henry Flint -- not to mention a classic Eerie tale! Don’t miss the transfigurative fright!

Aaron Conley (Sabertooth Swordsman), Henry Flint (Judge Dredd), John Arcudi (B.P.R.D. Hell on Earth), and Brandon Montclare (Rocket Girl)!

STAR WARS #19

Writer: BRIAN WOOD

Art: CARLOS D’ANDA

Colors: GABE ELTAEB

Cover: HUGH FLEMING

FC, 32 pages, $2.99

Ongoing

Luke, Leia, Han and Chewie are together again aboard the Millennium Falcon. Disguised as smugglers, they have a crazy caper to pull off -- if they can avoid the dread bounty hunter IG-88!

“Wood continues to craft a great story to add to the already rich expanded universe, leaving the readers wanting for more.” -- Newsarama

“I’ll be damned if I’m going to miss a single thing.” -- Comic Bastards

THE STRAIN VOL 1 (HC)

Writer: DAVID LAPHAM

Art: MIKE HUDDLESTON

Colors: DAN JACKSON

Cover: E.M. Gist

FC, 272 pages, $29.99

HC, 7 1/4" x 10 7/8”

When a Boeing 777 lands at JFK International Airport and goes dark on the runway, the Centers for Disease Control, fearing a terrorist attack, calls in Dr. Ephraim Goodweather and his team of expert biological-threat first responders. Only an elderly pawnbroker from Spanish Harlem suspects a darker purpose behind the event -- an ancient threat intent on covering mankind in darkness. Collects issues #1-#11.

Introduction by creators Guillermo del Toro and Chuck Hogan.

“David Lapham adapts the popular horror book series with his signature style of grit, terror, and tension.” -- IGN

TERMINATOR ENEMY OF MY ENEMY #4 (of 6)

Writer: DAN JOLLEY

Pencils/Cover: JAMAL IGLE

Inks: RAY SNYDER

Colors: WES DZIOBA

FC, 32 pages, $3.99

Miniseries

When a mercenary army with sinister motives joins the hunt for Dr. Elise Fong, ex-CIA operative Farrow Greene is no longer sure if she’s Fong’s kidnapper or rescuer! Meanwhile, a tireless, merciless Terminator remains intent on murdering Fong before anyone else can learn her secrets!

• Writer Dan Jolley (Bloodhound, Prototype 2) turns up the action!

• Superstar artist Jamal Igle (Supergirl) delivers a classic Terminator experience!

Originally solicited for May 12 ...

TERMINATOR SALVATION: THE FINAL BATTLE #7 (of 12)

Writer: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

Art/Cover: PETE WOODS

Colors: MATT WILSON

FC, 32 pages, $3.99

Miniseries

“Get this or be terminated.” -- SciFi Pulse

As the deranged Thomas Parnell employs the Terminator army to wreak havoc on both the human resistance and Skynet, the computer network calculates a single option for survival -- and its plans require John Connor!

• J. Michael Straczynski!

• Pete Woods (Superman, Deadpool) brings the destruction!

• Celebrating 30 years of The Terminator!

USAGI YOJIMBO COLOR SPECIAL: THE ARTIST

Writer/Art/Cover: STAN SAKAI

Colors: TOM LUTH

FC, 32 pages, $3.99

One-shot

CELEBRATING 30 YEARS OF USAGI!

The artist of 47 Ronin returns to his signature creation in a new one-shot collecting four Usagi Yojimbo tales in full color, from the pages of Dark Horse Presents and MySpace DHP! In this issue, Usagi encounters ghosts, thugs, pumpkins(?!), and a foreign artist with a price on his head! Collects “Saya,” “Buntori,” “The Artist,” and the much-lauded “Cut the Plum”! Collects stories from Dark Horse Presents #7, #35, and #36, and MySpace Dark Horse Presents #18 and #35!

• 32 pages of color stories and a perfect entry point for new readers!

• Contains a preview of Usagi Yojimbo: Senso #1!

X #15

Writer: DUANE SWIERCZYNSKI

Art: ERIC NGUYEN

Colors: MICHELLE MADSEN

Cover: TONY PARKER

FC, 32 pages, $2.99

Ongoing

ERIC NGUYEN RETURNS!

With Arcadia in the grip of a war between the old gangs and the newly arrived militia known as “The Chosen,” mob boss Carmine Tango arranges a meeting with a visiting billionaire. When X crashes the party, he’ll discover an enemy categorically unlike any he’s ever faced!

“I like where X is headed and have bought in to Swierczynski and Nguyen’s world, lock, stock and bloody barrel!” -- Unleash the Fanboy

You need to be a member of Captain Comics to add comments!

Join Captain Comics

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• DC COMICS

AMERICAN VAMPIRE: SECOND CYCLE #4

1936365808?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: SCOTT SNYDER

Art/Cover: RAFAEL ALBUQUERQUE

32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • MATURE READERS

The fangs are longer, the claws are sharper and the mythos grows as Scott Snyder brings Pearl and Skinner head to head with their most vicious opponent yet. Is it possible to finally destroy a breed of vamps who can walk in the sun?

1801290880?profile=RESIZE_180x180ANIMAL MAN VOL. 6: FLESH AND BLOOD (TPB)

1936366149?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: JAMIE DELANO

Art: STEVE PUGH, SCOT EATON, RUSS BRAUN and GRAHAM HIGGINS

Cover: BRIAN BOLLAND

368 pg, FC, $24.99 US • MATURE READERS

In these stories from ANIMAL MAN #51-63, after being killed in a car crash, Animal Man struggles to return to life by climbing the evolutionary ladder one step at a time. But can he reincarnate himself as a creature with any power in time to help his kidnapped son?

1801290880?profile=RESIZE_180x180BATGIRL #33

1936368214?profile=RESIZE_180x180Written by GAIL SIMONE

Art by FERNANDO PASARIN and JONATHAN GLAPION

Cover by ALEX GARNER

BATMAN 75 variant cover

32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T

This issue will arrive in stores with two covers.

The deadline for all criminals to leave the area is fast approaching, and anyone left will be killed on sight! Knightfall lays down the law -- but Batgirl has a plan of her own!1801290880?profile=RESIZE_180x180

BATMAN: BRUCE WAYNE -- FUGITIVE (TPB NEW EDITION)

STK640932.jpg?width=150Writers: CHUCK DIXON & Various

Art: Steve Lieber & Various

Scott McDaniel

Indicted for killing Vesper Fairchild, Bruce Wayne is sent to prison ... only to escape, launching a citywide manhunt. This new, single-volume edition includes BATMAN #603-607, DETECTIVE COMICS #768-775, BATMAN: GOTHAM KNIGHTS #29-32 and BATGIRL #29 and 33.

As I've mentioned before, I wasn't terribly impressed with this series. I found the premise implausible, and Batman's actions not only inexplicable, but often unnecessarily cruel.

Of course, your mileage may vary.

1801290880?profile=RESIZE_180x180BATMAN ETERNAL #14

STK643575.jpg?width=150Written by SCOTT SNYDER, JAMES TYNION IV, RAY FAWKES, JOHN LAYMAN and TIM SEELEY

Art by JASON FABOK

Cover by DUSTIN NGUYEN

As the Gang War reaches a bloody climax, Batman and Jason Bard must bear witness to the horrifying last stand of The Penguin! Plus, Jim Gordon makes a terrible decision that will shape the rest of his life.

I don't understand why there are still gangs in Gotham. Is Batman completely ineffective?

1801290880?profile=RESIZE_180x180BIRDS OF PREY #33

1936368233?profile=RESIZE_180x180Written by CHRISTY MARX

Art by ROBSON ROCHA

Cover by JORGE MOLINA

It’s here! Black Canary vs. Amanda Waller! Will the former Team 7 teammates find salvation together – or destruction?

I just saw the season 2 episode of Arrow that introduced that show's version of The Wall, and, sadly, it is this one: The svelte Amanda Waller who, for all intents and purposes, is an all-out villain. And yet, we're asked to sympathize with her and think of her as a hard-nosed hero. Sorry, no. You have to give me a reason to like a character before I like her. The New 52 Amanda Waller deserves to be in jail or a morgue.

1801290880?profile=RESIZE_180x180COFFIN HILL #9

1936370392?profile=RESIZE_180x180Written by CAITLIN KITTREDGE

Art by INAKI MIRANDA

Cover by DAVE JOHNSON

Eve’s search for the Ice Fisher has catastrophic consequences when she and Frost make a shocking discovery about the killer’s true identity but fail to find a missing girl in time. Meanwhile, in Coffin Hill, Nate endures a family reunion from hell when his deadbeat brother Patrick resurfaces with an agenda – and some kickass supernatural help – that means more danger and destruction for the town and everyone in it.

This series could have ended cleanly at the end of its first story, which ran just about the right length for a single, standalone TPB. But I'm glad it didn't.

1801290880?profile=RESIZE_180x180CONSTANTINE #16

1936372639?profile=RESIZE_180x180Written by RAY FAWKES

Art by EDGAR SALAZAR and JAY LEISTEN

Cover by JUAN FERREYRA

32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T+

John Constantine travels deep into Germany’s Black Forest to prevent Cold Flame assassins from killing an innocent mystic healer -- until hunter becomes prey as John finds himself chased down by the ravenous, vicious beasts of the Stained Claw!

John, you don't have time for this! You're due on set for your upcoming TV show!

1801290880?profile=RESIZE_180x180DETECTIVE COMICS #33

1936372673?profile=RESIZE_180x180Written by FRANCIS MANAPUL and BRIAN BUCCELLATO

Art and cover by FRANCIS MANAPUL

BATMAN 75 variant cover

1:25 variant cover by TONY MOORE

32 pg, FC, $3.99 US • RATED T

Combo pack edition: $4.99 US

In “Icarus” part four, Batman must contend with a gang war between The Squid and the Kings of the Sun before it consumes all of Gotham City! But can even the World’s Greatest Detective defuse a blood feud that’s about to go nuclear?

This issue will ship with four covers.

Another gang war, simultaneous with the one in Batman Eternal. Geez, Batman, maybe you should do something about the gangs in your town!

1801290880?profile=RESIZE_180x180FBP: FEDERAL BUREAU OF PHYSICS #12

1936373288?profile=RESIZE_180x180Written by SIMON OLIVER

Art by ROBBI RODRIGUEZ

Cover by NATHAN FOX

“... stick a branch up his ass, he’ll be a popsicle by morning…”

Adam gets lost in the Alaskan tundra while Rosa loses herself in an attempt to get home. Will the gang overcome their personal desires and make it out of the alternate universe alive?

1801290880?profile=RESIZE_180x180GRAYSON #1

1801275384?profile=RESIZE_180x180Written by TIM SEELEY

Art by MIKEL JANIN

Cover by ANDREW ROBINSON

BATMAN 75 variant cover

Blank variant cover

1:100 Variant cover by PHIL JIMENEZ

This issue will ship with four covers.

Dick Grayson. Former sidekick. Former Super Hero. Former dead man. And now ... agent of Spyral?!

A thrilling new chapter of Dick Grayson’s life begins in this new, ongoing series. It’s a super-spy thriller that will shock you and prove one thing: You might think you know Nightwing -- but you don’t know Dick.

1801290880?profile=RESIZE_180x180GREEN LANTERN CORPS #33

1936375509?profile=RESIZE_180x180Written by VAN JENSEN

Art by BERNARD CHANG

Cover by FRANCIS PORTELA

BATMAN 75 variant cover

This issue will ship with two covers.

“UPRISING” part 6! All is fair in love and war -- and both are likely to get John Stewart killed as the final battle of the uprising concludes! With the woman he loves in mortal danger, John will face the most difficult test of his career!

1801290880?profile=RESIZE_180x180INFINITY MAN AND THE FOREVER PEOPLE #2

1936375535?profile=RESIZE_180x180Written by KEITH GIFFEN and DAN DIDIO

Art and cover by KEITH GIFFEN and SCOTT KOBLISH

The Forever People must summon the Infinity Man to defeat Mantis and his Foragers. Too bad they don’t know how! Plus, who among them is secretly a traitor working for Apokolips?

I found the first issue interesting enough that I'll read at least the second one. It needs to hook me soon, though.

1801290880?profile=RESIZE_180x180INJUSTICE: GODS AMONG US YEAR TWO #7

1936377813?profile=RESIZE_180x180Written by TOM TAYLOR

Art by BRUNO REDONDO and others

Cover by STEPHANE ROUX

32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T • DIGITAL FIRST

Now twice monthly! Black Canary faces off against Harley Quinn once again. Oracle begins receiving information from someone inside of Superman’s regime. Is it for real, or a trap? Then Guy Gardner travels to Oa to find out what the Guardians are planning for their next move. Sinestro is somehow blocking them from seeing Earth, but they are still moving ahead and marshaling their forces.

1801290880?profile=RESIZE_180x180JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA VOL. 1: WORLD’S MOST DANGEROUS (TPB)

1936379958?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: GEOFF JOHNS and MATT KINDT

Art: DAVID FINCH, SCOTT CLARK, BRETT BOOTH and others

Cover: DAVID FINCH

224 pg, FC, $16.99 US

Green Lantern! Green Arrow! Catwoman! Katana! Vibe! Hawkman! Stargirl! They aren’t the world’s greatest Super Heroes -- they’re the most dangerous! But why does a team like the JLA need to exist? What is their ultimate mission? And who is pulling the strings? Find out in this collection of the first five issues of the new series as the team takes on the Secret Society of Super-Villains!

"They aren’t the world’s greatest Super Heroes -- they’re the most dangerous!"

Outside of Hawkman and possibly Katana, are any of these characters really all that dangerous? The new Green Lantern is really kind of a sweetheart, Vibe is painfully naive and Stargirl is more like "World's Most Huggable."

1801290880?profile=RESIZE_180x180JUSTICE LEAGUE UNITED #3

1936382240?profile=RESIZE_180x180Written by JEFF LEMIRE

Art and cover by MIKE McKONE

BATMAN 75 variant cover

1:25 Variant cover by JEFF LEMIRE

32 pg, FC, $3.99 US

RATED T • Combo pack edition: $4.99 US

This issue will arrive in stores with four covers.

So many questions hang over this nascent team. Will Hawkman sacrifice himself to save Rann, one of Thanagar’s enemies? Will Alanna and Adam ever be reunited? Can Miiyahbin face her fears and become the hero she’s meant to be? And the answer to all of this spells death for one of them.

This issue is also offered as a combo pack edition with a redemption code for a digital download of this issue.

"And the answer to all of this spells death for one of them."

I vote for Green Arrow. Or maybe Supergirl.

1801290880?profile=RESIZE_180x180THE NEW 52 – FUTURE'S END #10

STK643579.jpg?width=150Written by BRIAN AZZARELLO, JEFF LEMIRE, DAN JURGENS and KEITH GIFFEN

Art by AARON LOPRESTI and ART THIBERT

Cover by RYAN SOOK

A deep-space distress call gives new hope to Frankenstein and the S.H.A.D.E. team. And what makes Lois Lane question the masked Superman’s true identity?

1801290880?profile=RESIZE_180x180NEW SUICIDE SQUAD #1

1936384201?profile=RESIZE_180x180Written by SEAN RYAN

Art and cover by JEREMY ROBERTS

1:25 Variant cover by IVAN REIS and JOE PRADO

32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T+

The world has changed for Task Force X, a.k.a. the Suicide Squad. Director Amanda Waller no longer has the autonomy she once had. New members disrupt the team dynamic. And the team takes on an international scope. New members Joker’s Daughter, Deathstroke and Black Manta join Harley Quinn and Deadshot for a mission in the most dangerous and unpredictable place in the world: Vladimir Putin’s Russia!

I never got around to reading the Old Suicide Squad. (The first issue really turned me off, as both cliched and repulsive.) I suspect I won't get around to this one either.

1801290880?profile=RESIZE_180x180NIGHTWING VOL. 4: SECOND CITY (TPB)

1936386410?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: KYLE HIGGINS

Art: BRETT BOOTH, NORM RAPMUND and WILL CONRAD

Cover: BRETT BOOTH and NORM RAPMUND

144 pg, FC, $14.99 US

After The Joker’s attack on the Bat-family, Nightwing finds himself in a new city with an unlikely ally, The Prankster. Together they are hunted by the mysterious Mask Killer while Dick tries to find the man who killed his parents, Tony Zullo. Collects NIGHTWING #19-24.

In retrospect, the effort to establish Nightwing in Chicago was kind of a waste of time, wasn't it?

1801290880?profile=RESIZE_180x180THE ROYALS: MASTERS OF WAR #6

1936386458?profile=RESIZE_180x180Written by ROB WILLIAMS

Art by SIMON COLEBY and GARY ERSKINE

Cover by SIMON COLEBY

32 pg, FC, 6 of 6, $2.99 US • MATURE READERS

1945. The Allies’ attempted assault on mainland Europe has failed. As the war draws to a close, the Lancasters bomb Berlin in a futile act of defiance. The Nazis’ spy in London has turned the tide of the conflict and the purpose of Prince Henry’s raid into Germany’s capital is revealed to be bloody, petty revenge. A world burns, and a family is ripped apart -- but is redemption to be found before the end of The Royals?

1801290880?profile=RESIZE_180x180SCOOBY-DOO, WHERE ARE YOU? #47

1936386569?profile=RESIZE_180x180Written by SCOTT NEELY

Art and cover by SCOTT NEELY

On sale JULY 9 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED E

Shaggy gets himself in trouble at the gang’s yard sale when he wears a Tiki memento from an old case. Is the Tiki really bad luck, or is something else in play? Shaggy better think fast because Scooby is moving fast … in the opposite direction!
    1801290880?profile=RESIZE_180x180SMALLVILLE SEASON 11: LANTERN #4

1936386541?profile=RESIZE_180x180Written by BRYAN Q. MILLER

Art by MARCIO TAKARA

Cover by CAT STAGGS

40 pg, 4 of 4, FC, $3.99 US • RATED T • DIGITAL FIRST

Fighting a pitched battle against the strength of Parallax, John Stewart is able to regain his Green Lantern will. But will the change come in time to defeat Parallax’s minions?

Parallax has minions?
    1801290880?profile=RESIZE_180x180SUPERBOY #33

1936386746?profile=RESIZE_180x180Written by AARON KUDER

Art and cover by JORGE JIMENEZ

Superboy and Guardian travel to a remote base to uncover one last secret about the time-traveling son of Superman’s past and future! It will alter the young hero’s destiny and his perspective on his role in the DC Universe.
    1801290880?profile=RESIZE_180x180SUPERMAN/WONDER WOMAN #10

1936386815?profile=RESIZE_180x180Written by CHARLES SOULE

Art by TONY S. DANIEL and MATT BANNING

Cover by TONY S. DANIEL

BATMAN 75 variant cover

32 pg, FC, $3.99 US • RATED T

Combo pack edition: $4.99 US

Twelfth level intellect Lois Lane uses all her new Psi Power against the God of War, Diana, in the ultimate showdown! And Superman must go up against the new Cyborg Superman as an invading armada arrives in space!

This issue is also offered as a combo pack edition with a redemption code for a digital download of this issue.

1801290880?profile=RESIZE_180x180TALON VOL 2: FALL OF THE OWLS (TPB)

1936386839?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: JAMES TYNION IV and CHRISTY MARX

Art: MIGUEL SEPULVEDA, SZYMON KUDRANSKI, EMANUEL SIMEONI, ROMANO MOLENAAR

Cover: KEN HUNT

240 pg, FC, $19.99 US

In this volume collecting TALON #8-17 and BIRDS OF PREY #21, Calvin Rose must sneak into Bane’s personal island fortress of Santa Prisca to capture scientist Sebastian Clark and uncover the truth about Bane’s ongoing experiments on the island.

1801290880?profile=RESIZE_180x180WORLDS’ FINEST #25

1936388925?profile=RESIZE_180x180Written by PAUL LEVITZ

Art by TYLER KIRKHAM

Cover by BARRY KITSON

Power Girl and Huntress return to the ruins of Earth 2, but they question whether their trip was worth the effort as they discover the state of their former home and friends.

As we know from Future's End, things are NOT going to go well on Earth 2.

1801290880?profile=RESIZE_180x180

• DYNAMITE

BAD ASS #4

STK650781.jpg?width=150Writer: HERIK HANNA

Art/Cover: BRUNO BESSADI

FINAL ISSUE!!! Dead End's epic fight with Black Snake comes to a head -- and only one will get to leave with theirs intact. Meanwhile, the story of Dead End's origin reaches a high point with his first act as a disgruntled vigilant causing him to explode onto the scene. Dead End's fate is uncertain at best ... but what else do you expect from a total bad ass? Don't miss the shocking conclusion to the saga of Dead End!

Mature/ 32 pages / $3.99

Boy, this title sure likes doing homages to Rob Liefeld's New Mutants covers:1936365893?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936366118?profile=RESIZE_1024x1024

1936365893?profile=RESIZE_180x180THE BLOOD QUEEN #2

BloodQueen02CovAnacleto.jpg?width=150BloodQueen02CovIncenGarzaBW.jpg?width=150BloodQueen02CovGarza.jpg?width=1501936361690?profile=RESIZE_180x180BloodQueen02CovIncenAnaclet.jpg?width=150Writer: Troy Brownfield

Art: Fritz Casas

Cover A: Jay Anacleto

Cover B: Ale Garza

Mature/32 pages/$3.99

Dynamite's new dark fantasy epic continues! Elizabeth's new life at court grows more complicated as the king's niece and the Elder arrive. How does this affect her mission, and what secrets do another investigation in the kingdom hold? And, as passions ignite between Elizabeth and Sir Ferenc, prepare yourself for a shocking final panel! It's all from writer Troy Brownfield and artist Fritz Casas, and we're just getting started.

1936361690?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936366454?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936366662?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936366727?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936368694?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936371021?profile=RESIZE_180x180

1936361690?profile=RESIZE_180x180CHAOS #2 (2ND PTG)

STK650779.jpg?width=150Writer: Tim Seeley

Art: Mirka Andolfo

Cover: Ardian Syaf

Teen + / 32 pages / $3.99

The hunt is on as the Chosen kids raise the dead in the search for Evil Ernie. Chastity revolts against Purgatori, leading to a vampire catfight to end all vampire catfights.

1936361690?profile=RESIZE_180x180CHASTITY #1

Chastity01CovLupacchino.jpg?width=150Chastity01CovincenLupacchin.jpg?width=150Chastity01CovincenSeeleyBW.jpg?width=1501936361690?profile=RESIZE_180x180Chastity01CovSubscriptSeele.jpg?width=150Chastity01CovAuthen.jpg?width=1501936361690?profile=RESIZE_180x180Chastity01CovRetailerShared.jpg?width=150Writer: Marc Andreyko

Art: Dave Acosta

Covers: Emanuela Lupacchino

Teen +/32 pages/$3.99

Following hot on the heels of Dynamite's Chaos! series relaunch with Tim Seeley, Dynamite is proud to announce another great Chaos! character return -- she's reimagined and ready for blood! Join fan-favorite scribe Marc Andreyko (Batwoman, Torso, Manhunter) and artist Dave Acosta for the blood-curdling adventures of a girl who is most definitely NOT your father's vampire! Chastity #1 will feature covers by Emanuela Lupacchino and Tim Seeley, as well as a shared retailer cover by José Luis!

In Chastity #1, in the 1980s, after a career-ending injury shatters her (and, really, her mother's) Olympic dreams, 17-year-old Chastity Marks finds an escape in a popular series of vampire novels ... but little does she know that the novels conceal a secret underworld of blood, agony and death -- a world that she will be dragged into kicking and screaming.

"Chastity has been a blast to write and update for the post-Twilight, romantic, warm fuzzy view of bloodsuckers," says Chastity writer Marc Andreyko, "As Chas and the readers will soon discover: be careful what you wish for. Her adventures will uncover the true faces of supernatural evil as she tries to find a world, any world, in which she belongs."

"Marc has taken the current conventions of vampires and vampire fiction and spun them into a new backstory for Chastity in a way that is a perfect and seamless blend of the old and new." -- Joseph Rybandt, Dynamite Senior Editor

"We have been very deliberate when putting together the creative teams for the Chaos! books, as we build this beloved universe," says Dynamite CEO / Publisher Nick Barrucci. "With so many acclaimed books under Marc Andreyko's belt such as Batwoman and Manhunter, he is the perfect choice to spearhead Chastity's ongoing series!"

Marc Andreyko is a comic book and screenwriter, known for his work on books such Manhunter for DC Comics and Torso, a creator-owned true crime series he has co-written with Brian Michael Bendis. Marc currently writes Batwoman for DC Comics.

You know, becoming a vampire might not be all that bad if it happened when you are young and attractive, as above. But what if you became a vampire at, say, 60? And eternity of being pudgy and balding, with poor muscle tone, iffy hearing and poor vision, would be a nightmare! Funny how they never explore that idea in vampire fiction ...1936361690?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936373006?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936375300?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936377570?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936377598?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936379650?profile=RESIZE_180x180

Chastity0111_REV.jpg?width=155Chastity0116.jpg?width=155Chastity0121.jpg?width=155

1936379772?profile=RESIZE_180x180

DOC SAVAGE #7

1936382308?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936384247?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: CHRIS ROBERSON

Art: BILQUIS EVELY

Covers: ALEX ROSS

Retailer Incentive #1: JOHN CASSADAY

Retailer Incentive #2: JOHN CASSADAY ("Black and White")

32 pages
/Teen +/$3.99

When his adventures began in 1933, Doc Savage was aided by five loyal associates. By 2014, his operation is truly global in reach, thanks to a smart phone of Doc’s own design that allows anyone anywhere to ask for help or help others in return, and millions of people take part every day. But when everyone using the device is suddenly and without warning becomes immediately violent and aggressive, Doc might only have himself to blame …

1936346164?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936386445?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936388593?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936390659?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936392730?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936394763?profile=RESIZE_180x180

1936346164?profile=RESIZE_180x180MAGNUS: ROBOT FIGHTER #0

Magnus00CovHardman.jpg?width=150Writer: Fred Van Lente

Art: Roberto Castro

Covers: Gabriel Hardman

Teen +/32 pages/$3.99

Magnus: Robot Fighter #0 contains an all-new Gold Key adventure spinning directly from the events of Magnus: Robot Fighter #4! Magnus is a robot fighter … but not THE robot fighter. How has Leeja: Human Hunter kept the robot fighters from causing chaos on earth? And how does it tie into the Singularity? It's overstuffed action and intrigue!

"Very excited Magnus has been chosen to represent the Gold Key line as part of Dynamite's 10th Anniversary celebration," says Magnus: Robot Fighter #0 writer Fred Van Lente, "We came up with a great stand-alone story starring Leeja Clane, Human Hunter, as she pursues the Robot Hunter who preceded Magnus. This issue exposes the secret of the oft-mentioned Singularity, a major part of Magnus mythology, and is a must-read for regular readers!"

Dynamite is celebrating its 10th anniversary in style this year by releasing four #0 one-shot special issues having important story tie-ins within each series! To unify the event, each issue features gorgeous covers by Gabriel Hardman!1936346164?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936396770?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936398660?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936398682?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936398794?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936400752?profile=RESIZE_180x180

1936379772?profile=RESIZE_180x180MAGNUS: ROBOT FIGHTER #5

Magnus05CovHardman.jpg?width=150Magnus05CovincenHardmanBW.jpg?width=150Magnus05CovincenSmithBW.jpg?width=1501936361690?profile=RESIZE_180x180Magnus05CovSubscriptSmith.jpg?width=150Writer: Fred Van Lente

Art: Cory Smith

Teen +/32 pages/$3.99

ALL-NEW STORY: THE UNCANNY VALLEY! Descending into the SubStructure, MAGNUS encounter the Gophs, a bizarre collection of feral humans living outside of robot society. Can Magnus hold his own against these freedom fighters? (Hint: Magnus isn't the best at fighting non-robot stuff) Jump on board the coolest new series of 2014, courtesy of FRED VAN LENTE (Archer & Armstrong) & Cory Smith (Fathom)!!!!!

I never liked the term "Gophs" -- it seems like an unnecessary abbreviation that most people wouldn't bother to do. And how is it pronounced, GOAFS or GOFFS? Either way, I'd probably just say "gophers," whatever year I was born in.1936346164?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936402850?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936405226?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936407311?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936409617?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936410143?profile=RESIZE_180x180

• PATHFINDER: CITY OF SECRETS #3 (of 6)

PathfinderSecrets03covGenzo.jpg?width=150PathfinderSecrets03covGomez.jpg?width=150PathfinderSecrets03covIzaak.jpg?width=1501936361690?profile=RESIZE_180x180PathfinderSecrets03covCummi.jpg?width=150Writer: Jim Zub

Artist: Leandro Oliveira

Main Cover: Genzoman

Variant Cover: Carlos Gomez

Teen +/32 pages/$4.99

Magnimar's many threats emerge from the shadows as Kyra faces a deadly assassin and Merisiel must decide between her past and present lives. It's divide and conquer as the Pathfinder heroes are pulled apart.

Come see why Pathfinder is the industry's best-selling fantasy tabletop game. Each issue features an EXCLUSIVE removable, playable tactical map and poster!1936346164?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936361632?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936363728?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936363694?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936365890?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936367939?profile=RESIZE_180x180

1936361690?profile=RESIZE_180x180ROBOTECH/VOLTRON #4 (OF 5)

1936368121?profile=RESIZE_180x180Cover: TOMMY YUNE

Writer: TOMMY YUNE, BILL SPANGLER

Art: ELMER DAMASO

32 pages
/Teen +/$3.99

Bimonthly! Part 4 of 5. The mighty Super Dimension Fortress One has become the target of not just Khyron, but also King Lotor. Captain Gloval now finds the SDF-1 and its crew trapped in the conflict between the conquered world of Arus and the dark powers of the Drule Empire. Back on Earth, Commander Keith Kogane and the partially reassembled Voltron Force must venture away from the relative safety of Macross Island to search for their lost teammate Allura. A clue left by her late father Alfor may be the missing key to find their way back home.

1936346164?profile=RESIZE_180x180TUROK: DINOSAUR HUNTER #6

Turok06CovSears.jpg?width=150Turok06CovIncenSearsBW.jpg?width=150Turok06CovIncenLeeBW.jpg?width=1501936361690?profile=RESIZE_180x180Turok06CovSubscriptionLee.jpg?width=150Writer: Greg Pak

Art: Takeshi Miyazawa

Covers: Bart Sears

Teen +/32 pages/$3.99

GREG PAK (Batman/Superman, Action Comics, Code Monkey Save World) & TAKESHI MIYAZAWA (Code Monkey Save World) reunite for a vision of Turok you NEVER saw coming! Who are the strange female warriors from the West? Who are their masters? And HOW have they tamed flying dinosaurs ...!?

1936346164?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936370214?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936372446?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936374651?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936375230?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936375262?profile=RESIZE_180x180

1936361690?profile=RESIZE_180x180VAMPIRELLA #1 (2ND PTG)

STK650780.jpg?width=150Writer: Nancy A. Collins

Art: Patrick Berkenkotter, Dennis Crisostomo

Cover: Terry Dodson

Teen + / 32 pages / $3.99

In FEAST OF SHADOWS, the first in the six-part OUR LADY OF SHADOWS story arc.  Vampirella is sent by the Vatican to investigate the kidnapping of a little girl by Ethan Shroud and the Chaos cultists, only to become the centerpiece of a ritual invoking Lady Umbra, the sister-bride of Chaos, that leaves her marked as a living sacrifice to the dark goddess who rules the shadows. VAMPIRELLA is back and returns to her horror roots with Bram Stoker Award-winning author Nancy A. Collins (Swamp Thing, Sunglasses After Dark, Jason vs. Leatherface) and Patrick Berkenkotter (The Torch, Dark Shadows).

$3.99

1936361690?profile=RESIZE_180x180WARLORD OF MARS #0

Warlord0covHardman.jpg?width=150Writer: Matt Brady

Art: Jack Jadson

Mature/32 pages/$3.99

In Warlord of Mars #0, if everything he loves is taken away from him, who is John Carter? Will the Warlord of Mars lose hope if he loses his friends? If he loses Dejah Thoris? If he loses Mars? Or will he fight all odds, and even reality itself, to get it all back?

"With this issue, I wanted to show readers a straight-up picture of who John Carter is, what's most important to him, and what kind of stuff he's made of," says Warlord of Mars #0 writer Matt Brady, "The best way to do that? Do the most horrible things I could imagine to him. We see earth again, we see a new monster of Mars, Dejah and Tars, skin of your teeth adventure, blood and guts, and John Carter - being the hero he was born to be."

Dynamite is celebrating its 10th anniversary in style this year by releasing four #0 one-shot special issues having important story tie-ins within each series! To unify the event, each issue features gorgeous covers by Gabriel Hardman!

This might be where I stick my toe into Dynamite's ERB-verse -- a genuine jumping-on point.

Also, there are rumors that DC may buy Dynamite. I hope they don't. Look at the list above: Quite an eclectic collection of titles, and at considerable variance from the superhero universes of the Big Two. I prefer a separate, feisty Dynamite producing material like this -- even if it's not on time, even if quality sometimes swings wildly -- rather than for it to have its best stuff cherry-picked and shoehorned into The New 52, where it will be superfluous and largely ignored. (See: Fawcett, Quality, Charlton.)

1936375480?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936377609?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936379970?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936380124?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936380177?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936361690?profile=RESIZE_180x180IDW PUBLICATIONS

ANGRY BIRDS COMICS #2

AngryBirds02-cvr.jpg?width=3001936362746?profile=RESIZE_180x180AngryBirds02-cvrSUB.jpg?width=150Written by JEFF PARKER, PAUL TOBIN & VARIOUS

Art by PACO RODRIQUES & VARIOUS

Cover by GIORGIO CAVAZZANO

Subscription Variant: ROGER LANGRIDGE

FC • 32 pages • $3.99

The Angry Birds are flying high in this fun-filled second issue! The Angry Birds take a trip to Piggyland but quickly learn it is definitely NOT the happiest place on Earth! Featuring the writing of two Eisner-nominated creators, these stories are guaranteed to please!

• Number one best-selling iOS app of all time!

• Over 2 billion downloads. Yes, not a typo. 2 BILLION!

• Featuring the work of not one but two Eisner-nominated writers- Jeff Parker and Paul Tobin!

1936362746?profile=RESIZE_180x180BLACK DYNAMITE #3 (of 4)

BD-01-coverA.jpg?1379043101&width=150Writer: BRIAN ASH

Art/Cover: RON WIMBERLY

FC • 32 pages • $3.99

BLACK DON'T NEVER BACK DOWN! Black Dynamite is a man on a mission once again and this time he's going to Tibet to even the score.  When the local Shaolin monks and volunteer aid workers come under attack, Black Dynamite goes on the offensive and discovers a Red Chinese / ex-Nazi conspiracy to breed and train the ultimate Kung-Fu Man-beasts.

BLACK DYNAMITE meets his match!

This is probably an homage to something in the blaxploitation era -- that seems to be the pattern with this title -- but to what I don't know.

1801216885?profile=RESIZE_180x180G.I. JOE: A REAL AMERICAN HERO #204

GI_Joe-RAH204-covA.jpg?width=150Written by LARRY HAMA

Art & Cover by SL GALLANT

TORPEDO leads a dangerous G.I. JOE rescue mission in Olliestan, and the odds are stacked against the team -- will they make the evac in time before they get overwhelmed? A tense game of cat-and-mouse continues in G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero #204!

FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Variant cover by Larry Hama!

1936362746?profile=RESIZE_180x180JUDGE DREDD #20

1936382432?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936382572?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: DUANE SWIERCZYNSKI

Art: NELSON DANIEL

Cover: SHANRE PIERCE

Subscription Variant: MICHAEL AVON OEMING

FC • 32 pages • $3.99

"The American Way of Death, part 4"-- Dredd has looked Death in the eye before … but never like this! He realizes The only way to beat the Dark Judges is to send them back to Deadworld in a crazy sacrifice play involving D-jump machines as well as a whole lot of blood, sweat and ammo. His only allies: a turncoat Dark Judge, a furry ex-con with a pickaxe, and … what's this? A long-lost love from Dredd's past, back to settle up an old debt?

The explosive final chapter of the Dark Judges saga!

I never understood how Dredd stood up to the Dark Judges for more than five seconds.

1936337087?profile=RESIZE_180x180KNUCKLEHEADS: FIST CONTACT (TPB)

1936384657?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: BRIAN WINKELER

Art/Cover: ROBERT WILSON IV

TPB • FC • $19.99 • 120 pages

Ever woken up from a great night out and not been entirely sure of the evening’s events? (Of course not! You’re a responsible comics fan!) Well, what if instead of losing your keys or phone, something really amazing happened -- and you took it for granted?

That’s what happens in Knuckleheads: Fist Contact when Trevor K. Trevinski (don’t ask what the “K” stands for) is visited by aliens and given a very special gift -- The Crystal Fist!

What is it? How does it work? Trev doesn't remember. But he can use it to cheat at videogames and boost free cable, so everything’s cool. Until, you know, a giant monster attacks the city.

Co-created by writer Brian Winkeler and artist Robert Wilson IV, Knuckleheads: Fist Contact is an action comedy like none other. Trev, his roommate Lance, and new friends Pizza Guy and Emma (AKA “hot, drunk English chick”) encounter giant monsters, gun-toting robbers, talking dogs and homicidal aliens, when all they really want to do is eat pizza and watch some Netflix.

“We love sitcoms like Arrested Development and It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia,” said Winkeler, “our goal with Knuckleheads is to create a unique, character-based comedy inspired by our favorite shows.”

This June Knuckleheads: Fist Contact joins a growing library of essential digital comics debuting in print at IDW. As renowned Monkeybrain titles continue to roll out, IDW is committed to making them available to a wide and passionate audience.

I generally like it when comics feature non-traditional leads, but I draw the line when the choice for a non-traditional lead is some variety of slacker/loser idiot. I really don't care to read about slacker/loser idiots, especially when they are granted gifts that they will "hilariously" be bad at until some sort of accidental -- and "heart-warming" -- victory in the end.

1936337087?profile=RESIZE_180x180THE MAXX: MAXXIMIZED #9

Maxx09_cvrA%20copy.jpg?width=150Written by SAM KIETH & WILLIAM MESSNER-LOEBS

Art & Cover by SAM KIETH

Subscription Re-Colored Variant: SAM KIETH

FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Our good Doc finds himself surrounded by a room full of black isz, as Maxx seeks resolution battling various Outback creatures. Meanwhile, Julie seeks solace in that special place we all go to contemplate weighty issues -- the bathroom. Neither seems any closer to finding the answers they seek (But Sara finally unwraps that mysterious box of clay that's been talking to her ...)!

Featuring an all-new cover by Sam Kieth!

Just so you're warned, Keith's variant covers are usually the original cover with different coloring.

1936362746?profile=RESIZE_180x180STAR SLAMMERS: RE-MASTERED #4

1936384646?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer/Art/Cover: WALTER SIMONSON

Subscription Variant: WALTER SIMONSON

FC • 32 pages • $3.99

A bold new adventure starts here! The Minoan Agents Chapter One: The Prisoner:
    Once upon a time, the Greater Minoan Co-Prosperity Cluster captured a live Star Slammer. Amid great excitement, he was transported aboard the starship Meredith, bound for the heart of the Empire and a show trial and execution… it all turned out rather badly.

• Each page of art has been scanned from Simonson's personal archives to ensure the finest reproduction!

• Completely re-mastered and re-colored!

1936337087?profile=RESIZE_180x180

• STAR TREK #35

ST-movieII35-cover.jpg?width=150Written by MIKE JOHNSON

Art & Cover by TONY SHASTEEN

Subscription Variant: Photo

"The Q Gambit" begins here!

IDW’s ongoing Star Trek series has pitted the Star Trek crew from the 2009 film franchise against many a challenge and foe, but how will they fare up against the omnipotent Q? This July Star Trek fans will find out starting with Star Trek #35, which will kick off  “The Q Gambit” 6-part galaxy-spanning adventure.

“Part of the fun of the new STAR TREK movie franchise is seeing how beloved characters are different in the new timeline,” says writer Mike Johnson, “But one iconic adversary remains unchanged: Q. His fascination with humanity and his penchant for mischief remain the same across the multiverse, and now he's come to take the Enterprise crew on an adventure that will bring new meaning to the phrase ‘no-win scenario!’”

In this new arc, Star Trek comic series writer Johnson brings Captain Kirk from the recent films together with Q for the very first time. Joining Johnson on this adventure is first time IDW Star Trek artist, Tony Shasteen (Vampire Diaries, Batman: Arkham Unhinged).

“Like so many fans, Q captured my attention as soon as he appeared on the deck of the Enterprise,” said Star Trek comic editor Sarah Gaydos, “We’re excited to explore just how Q will react to our Captain Kirk …and how Kirk will handle one of the most powerful, witty characters ever to appear in the Star Trek universe. We’re also very eager for everyone to see the stellar work Tony Shasteen is doing!”

Under license by CBS Consumer Products, “The Q Gambit” begins when the mischievous Q sends James T. Kirk on a quest that will see the Enterprise joining forces with familiar faces from Star Trek lore, beginning with the crew of a certain space station …

Join the Star Trek comic event of the year and let the games begin!

FC • 32 pages • $3.99

• The Star Trek comic event of the year!

• Featuring new artist Tony Shasteen (Vampire Diaries, Batman: Arkham Unhinged, and more)!

Am I the only one who found Q too irritating to watch? I skip over Q episodes when re-watching old Trek series. Am I the only one?

1936337087?profile=RESIZE_180x180TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES MICRO SERIES VOL. 1 2014

TMNT_Micro_cvr.jpg?width=150Written by BRIAN LYNCH & TOM WALTZ

Art by FRANCO URRU, ANDY KUHN, VALERIO SCHITI & ROSS CAMPBELL

Covers by DAVE WILKINS

TPB • FC • $17.99 • 104 pages

Four stand-alone tales centering on each Turtle! Raphael is looking for answers but finds Casey Jones instead. Michelangelo explores New York City and stumbles onto a high-stakes heist. Donatello goes incognito to a science fair and finds out that it's being put on by none other than Baxter Stockman. And finally, Leonardo does battle with the ruthless Foot Clan!

A great way for longtime and new Turtles fans to enjoy the Micro tales that kicked off the IDW run!

1936362746?profile=RESIZE_180x180TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES, VOL. 1: CHANGE IS CONSTANT (NEW PTG TPB)

TMNT_CiC_cvr.jpg?width=150Written by KEVIN EASTMAN & TOM WALTZ

Art by DAN DUNCAN

Covers by DAVE WILKINS

The new adventures of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles begin here! This is the perfect spot to jump onto the hit IDW series! The group is separated as Raphael wanders the streets of NYC in search of food and shelter. His brothers and Master Splinter are searching for him, but so far all they can find is trouble-in the form of mutant alley cat Old Hob and his gang of criminals! Join Tom Waltz, Dan Duncan, and TMNT co-creator Kevin Eastman for the start of a wild ride!

TPB • FC • $17.99 • 104 pages

Collects the first four issues of the new ongoing series in a fresh presentation topped off by a stunning Dave Wilkins cover!

1936362746?profile=RESIZE_180x180TRANSFORMERS: MORE THAN MEETS THE EYE #31: DAWN OF THE AUTOBOTS

TF_MTMTE_31_cvrA%20copy.jpg?width=150TF_MTMTE_31_cvrSUB.jpg?width=150Written by JAMES ROBERTS

Art & Cover by ALEX MILNE

Subscription Variant: NICK ROCHE

FLYING BLIND!

Trapped inside a giant replica of RODIMUS's head (don't ask), MEGATRON and the crew of the Lost Light have to solve the biggest mystery of their lives. And they have to do so quickly -- because every time the lights go out, something terrible happens ...

FC • 32 pages • $3.99

• MEGATRON leads the AUTOBOTS in space!

• What's happening to the AUTOBOTS' ship?!

• Variant 20th Anniversary cover by Phil Jimenez!

1936362746?profile=RESIZE_180x180IMAGE COMICS

’68: RULE OF WAR #4 (of 4)
    68_ruleofwar_04_B_thumb.jpg?width=15068_ruleofwar_04_A_thumb.jpg?width=150Story: MARK KIDWELL

Art: JEFF ZORNOW & JAY FOTOS

Cover A: NAT JONES

Cover B: RILE ROSSMO

JULY 2 / 32 PAGES / FC / M / $3.99

MINISERIES CONCLUSION!
    After a month imprisoned in a tiger pit, Agent Declan Rule faces his last torture session with the mad doctor Than Morneau. On Pitt Island N.J., the Kuens begin to get curious in the shadow of a serial killer, and in Vietnam, a psychotic madman named War-Face leads a rotting army of the dead toward Heaven. The only thing standing in his way ... is a man they call JUNGLE JIM!1936363716?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936363725?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936363649?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936365996?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936368069?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936370114?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936370345?profile=RESIZE_180x180

1936363716?profile=RESIZE_180x180DEATH VIGIL #1 (of 8)

deathvigil_01_thumb.jpg?width=150Story / Art / Cover: STJEPAN SEJIC

JULY 9 / 48 PAGES / FC / T+ / $3.99

Forty pages of story and art in this contemporary fantasy adventure series written and painted by STJEPAN SEJIC. Gifted? Join the Death Vigil in their ongoing war against the ever-growing power of the Primordial Enemy! The only catch is you have to die first. Become a corporeal immortal Death Knight and obtain reality-altering weaponry in the never-ending battle between good and evil.

Image has a lot of big-name, big-concept book launches in the pipeline, but I haven't heard anything about this one before. The name Stjepan Sejic is vaguely familiar; I'm thinking Zenescope or maybe BOOM!, but that's all I know. Any Legionnaires planning to try it?1936363716?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936370604?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936372727?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936372856?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936375103?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936377310?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936379834?profile=RESIZE_180x180

1936363716?profile=RESIZE_180x180GHOSTED #11

ghosted_11_thumb.jpg?width=150Story: JOSHUA WILLIAMSON

Art: GORAN SUDZUKA & MIROSLAV MRVA

Cover: DAN PANOSIAN

JULY 9 / 32 PAGES / FC / M /$2.99

In death Anderson continues to haunt Jackson Winters, but in life she was far more terrifying! GORAN SUDZUKA returns to document this fan favorite’s secret history!1936363716?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936379947?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936382296?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936382351?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936382434?profile=RESIZE_180x180

1936363716?profile=RESIZE_180x180GREAT PACIFIC #16

STK639776.jpg?width=150Story: JOE HARRIS

Art / Cover A: MARTÍN MORAZZO

Cover B: C.P. WILSON III

MAY 14 / 32 PAGES / FC / M / $2.99

“BIG GAME HUNTERS,” Part Two

Baston has decimated Little Chief’s forces and sent them fleeing into the plastic wastes of the Great Pacific Gyre. But when this big game hunter turns his sights on New Texas next, Chas finds himself with few allies and fewer options.

1936303707?profile=RESIZE_180x180RED CITY #2

redcity_02_thumb.jpg?width=150Story: DANIEL COREY

Art / Cover: MARK DOS SANTOS

JULY 9 / 32 PAGES / FC / T+ / $2.99

The case gets complicated, and Cal comes under heavy scrutiny from Red City PD and the Mayor's office. He teams up with Angel, a woman from his past, and the fight spills out onto the streets in a high-octane hail of bullets.

1936363716?profile=RESIZE_180x180RISE OF THE MAGI #2

1936382449?profile=RESIZE_180x180Story: MARC SILVESTRI

Art / Cover A: SUMEYYE KESGIN

Cover B: MARC SILVESTRI JUNE 18 / 32 PAGES / FC / T+ / $3.50

After a terrifying escape from the Magic world into ours, Asa finds that not even two realities are big enough to hide in. Armed with a terrible secret meant to destroy both his world and this strange place called Earth, Asa Stonethrow must seek help from his realm’s most feared criminals. His only hope is an enchanted frog and a street-smart, opportunistic petty thief and con artist named April Mae June.1936363716?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936384758?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936386928?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936389011?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936389055?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936391052?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936391237?profile=RESIZE_180x180

1936344337?profile=RESIZE_180x180ROCKET GIRL, VOL. 1: TIMES SQUARED (TPB)

678558e0-e7bc-42a9-b62f-62ae855009a8.jpg?width=150Story: BRANDON MONTCLARE

Art / Cover: AMY REEDER

JULY 9 / 120 PAGES / FC / T / $9.99

Collects ROCKET GIRL #1-5

RIGHT PRICED AT A SPECIAL LOW INTRODUCTORY $9.99!

DaYoung Johannson is the eponymous ROCKET GIRL in the new Image Comics graphic novel by Brandon Montclare (HALLOWEEN EVE) and Amy Reeder (HALLOWEEN EVE, Madame Xanadu, Batwoman). She’s a teenage time cop from the jet-pack-packing, flying-car-driving future that science fiction fans dream of, and she’s burst back in time to 1986 to stop Quintim Mechanics from committing a crime against time. The only problem is that once she’s there, Dayoung realizes that her 2013 isn’t even supposed to exist!

With snappy dialogue, endearing characters and eye-popping art, ROCKET GIRL VOLUME 1: TIMES SQUARED whizzes between two time periods in New York City -- gritty, corrupt, big-haired 1986 and shiny, (seemingly) utopian 2013, as DaYoung unravels secrets she didn’t even know she was keeping and faces what it means to grow up when you might not have a future.

“Throughout life there are always going to be hard choices. Growing up is largely seeing that things are complicated and that there are no simple answers,” said writer Montclare in an interview at Comic Book Resources. “Rocket Girl plays with that idea; plays the balance between admiring Dayoung's hard principles and fretting over her naivety.”

Artist Reeder described her approach to drawing DaYoung in the interview. “She's got no shortage of courage. And almost too much heart and passion, which is fun to incorporate into a character who at first glance might appear frail or even lacking substance,” she said of the waify protagonist. “So visually it's turning her from wisp to whip. That's both in the physical strength that underlies her grace as well as in her quick expressions. Facial expressions are a big deal to me and teenagers are especially great to work with because they are either stifling their thoughts or flying off the handle. Both are extreme, in their own way. So when Dayoung shows any emotion, it's almost always with her heart on her sleeve.”

While inspired by Back to the Future 2, The Fifth Element and Akira, ROCKET GIRL is a completely original take on time travel and coming-of-age, a must-read for lovers of adventure, science fiction, and retro-cool alike. Specially priced at just $9.99, the first volume, TIME SQUARED, will be in comic book stores on July 9 and bookstores on July 22.

Rocket Girl returns this fall with #6 and a new arc!

75145653-a697-4bac-af20-1361108a3e3a.jpg?width=150edc8f199-46eb-4209-85b2-ac0bd6f3215c.jpg?width=15064454198-a9d8-4617-b9f3-2a95f2d2fdd6.jpg?width=150

1936363716?profile=RESIZE_180x180SHUTTER #4

shutter_04_thumb.jpg?width=150Story: JOE KEATINGE

Art / Cover: LEILA DEL DUCA & OWEN GIENI

JULY 9 / 32 PAGES / FC / M / $3.50

The adventure continues in the urban fantasy series SHUTTER, written by Joe Keatinge (GLORY, TECH JACKET) and drawn by Leila del Duca, as Kate Kristopher takes on all manner of paranormal entities and monstrous obstacles in issue #4. Now Kate has left the life she built to confront the life she left behind.

“Hey ladies and gents! As usual, Joe threw some really wonderful concepts and challenges at me this issue,” said del Duca. “Highlights being the first three pages done in a more illustrative style and layout telling the origin story of Harrington the butler. I also dig drawing the Colonel, a super old lady and war hero who dresses fashionably, who helped raise Kate. However, my favorite scene by far is the one where Mikey the platypus chokes out Shaw. I mean… there are no words to describe how delightfully ridiculous and exciting it was to draw these characters in a dark alleyway, hoping to get out of a hit job and then BAM. Yup. Anyways, I hope you enjoy the preview!"

Keatinge added: "First and foremost, holy moley -- we gotta thank every single person supporting Shutter for supporting Shutter! From our enthusiastic initial orders on each issue, to the stunning sell through and avalanche of great feedback -- Leila, Owen, Ed and I appreciate every bit of pure enthusiasm every reader drives us with and all the hard work our retail partners put into making sure the books get into their hands.”1936363716?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936391359?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936393322?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936396210?profile=RESIZE_180x180

1936363716?profile=RESIZE_180x180SPAWN #245

spawn_245_thumb.jpg?width=150Story: TODD MCFARLANE

Art: SZYMON KUDRANSKI

Cover: SZYMON KUDRANSKI & TODD MCFARLANE

JULY 2 / 32 PAGES / FC / T+ / $2.99

Marc begins putting the pieces together about Jim’s past himself, and exposes more than Jim is comfortable with confronting. Meanwhile, Jim and Sara deal with the aftereffects of her kidnapping. They didn’t just leave the nightmare behind...it followed them home.

1936363716?profile=RESIZE_180x180

• SPREAD #1

spread_01_thumb.jpg?width=150Story: JUSTIN JORDAN

Art / Cover: KYLE STRAHM

JULY 9 / 32 PAGES / FC / M / $3.50

Justin Jordan (DEAD BODY ROAD, Luther Strode) and Kyle Strahm (HACK/SLASH, HAUNT) team up for a new science-fiction thriller, SPREAD, a horrifying story of inevitable death and slim hope. Enthusiasm for SPREAD will prove infectious and launch with a social media contest. Post the cover image of SPREAD #1 with the caption “it’s spreading …” and tag @kstrahm and @Justin_Jordan on Twitter and/or Facebook with the hashtag #itsspreading for for a chance to cameo as an extra character in the book, plus other SPREAD swag. Winners will be revealed on the day of release, July 9.

Ten years ago, humanity dug too deep and unleashed something ancient that couldn’t be controlled. Something that couldn’t be stopped, twisting everything it touched into more of itself. The Spread. Humanity was nearly destroyed before finding a way to slow the Spread to a crawl. Now, deep inside the quarantined zone, one man has found what might be the key to stopping it forever: a baby girl. And if he can save her, he might save the world.

“It’s Lone Wolf and Cub in a world where John Carpenter’s The Thing ate North America,” said Jordan. “Sean Shields, mostly called ‘No’ in the book -- because he’s taciturn enough that it’s most of his dialogue -- is one of the survivors. No is ‘Spread-immune,’ unable to be converted by the Spread biomass, and this means he can get closer to the Spread to scavenge useful bits of what used to be civilization -- but not without danger. "

The Spread itself is comprised of more than just its threat for virulence the creatures that lurk and thrive within it are equally nefarious. "I've designed piles of crazy organisms that form the Spread ecosystem. [Colorist] Felipe Sobreiro and I have crafted a look for these things that we're very proud of,” said Strahm. “From tiny scavengers to massive predators, every creature has a spot on the food chain and looks pretty cool occupying that spot. The organisms least equipped to survive in the Spread are human beings. Gross things happen when they get too close."

Image Comics has received numerous reports from retailers fearful of The Spread, a poisonous organism that was first unleashed by Justin Jordan (DEAD BODY ROAD, Luther Strode) and Kyle Strahm (HACK/SLASH, HAUNT) in April when they announced their new science-fiction thriller, SPREAD. Soon thereafter #ItsSpreading went viral on various social media networks and the horrifying realization that the new series was upon us all manifested in feedback from various comic book stores afflicted by the unstoppable deadly red growth.

At the time of this press release, Jordan and Strahm could not be reached to comment on their role in this epidemic, as both are allegedly seeking refuge in a quarantined bunker where they work on issue #2 in a race against the clock.

Retailers however, were forthright in sharing their stories of SPREAD-related terror.

Jon Engel of New Dimension Comics in Pennsylvania was the first to come forward and was the canary in the coal mine for many of his fellow retailers. "Oh my God, while showing someone our new comic wall we kept noticing a space in the 'S' section," Engel said of the first sign something was amiss in the store. "We would fill it, then it would reappear! Finally out of the corner of my eye I saw these crazy red tentacles making the space! I was so freaked out I went and put in my order for Spread #1! Maybe if I fill it, it will stop."

"The Spread is in everyone's saver,” admitted Trina Latrine of World’s Best Comics, Cartoons & Toys in California. “There are red tentacles in everyone's saver and I'm not sure what to do, I haven't been able to get in there for weeks. My customers can't wait for The Spread to come out … literally."

Steve Anderson of Third Eye Comics in Maryland cautions the public on cross-contamination. "The excitement has been SPREADING from our staff to our customers,” said Anderson. “And with hungry tendrils all around, I knew that the only cure would be to order lots and lots of Spread #1 to keep the infection at bay."

One Lauren Becker of Warp 9 Comics & Collectibles in Michigan recounted her experience with The Spread with particular urgency. "I started hearing rumors about The Spread. I didn't think anything of it, but then the rumors started, bringing along fear and panic. Customers came in -- ‘where is The Spread’ they shrieked in terror. ‘It's not here yet,’ I responded, ‘but soon … and may God have mercy upon your soul.’”

For some stores, it was much worse: "Lena handed me the sheet to restock our back issue bins,” Steve Olsen, of Little Shop of Comics in New Jersey explained. “I proceeded down the steps to our store’s basement, flicked on the lights, and at that moment I heard something out of the ordinary. I cautiously proceeded to the back of the basement and noticed some residue on the floor. As I knelt down to get a feel for it, I noticed a red tip that started growing. As it got closer to me I realized The Spread was here! Its long, ugly tentacle chased me until I was back upstairs and I told Lena: ‘We need to order more of Spread #1!’”

"Spread is infecting MaximuM Comics' new release walls throughout Las Vegas -- and making its diseased way into Pull Boxes everywhere!” said Jay Bosworth of MaximuM Comics in Nevada, in between gasps for air. “The vile sickness that is The Spread will grab hold of you, shatter your senses and leave you dying for more. The only cure? Make sure you order enough for your walls, too!!"

Ryan Boyle at Coliseum of Comics in Florida cleared off a space on the store’s shelves for SPREAD after experiencing a terrifying confrontation with The Spread that he chose not to elaborate on further. He said only, “After The Spread made its presence known, the terrifying red entity’s existence alone was reason enough for us to order up while we still had the chance.” For those in search of sanctuary he added, “Our stores stand ready to harbour any victims or people looking for refuge from The Spread, from 10 a.m. - 9 p.m. on most weekdays."

1936366411?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936368488?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936370770?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936373293?profile=RESIZE_180x180

8bdff63f-a394-4924-b909-ae9e663b8a3f.jpg?width=150

1936363716?profile=RESIZE_180x180THE WALKING DEAD #129

thewalkingdead_129_thumb.jpg?width=150Story: ROBERT KIRKMAN

Art: CHARLIE ADLARD, STEFANO GAUDIANO, & CLIFF RATHBURN

Cover: CHARLIE ADLARD & DAVE STEWART

JULY 9 / 32 PAGES / BW / M / $2.99

Even now, they still find new ways to dispose of the dead.1936363716?profile=RESIZE_180x180MARVEL COMICS

100TH ANNIVERSARY SPECIAL -- SPIDER-MAN #1

1936376117?profile=RESIZE_180x180Written by SEAN RYAN

Art & Cover by IN-HYUK LEE

Interlocking Variant Cover by ALEXANDER LOZANO

$3.99

Marvel is pleased to present your first look at the 100th ANNIVERSARY SPECIAL -- SPIDER-MAN #1, from rising star creators Sean Ryan and In-Hyuk Lee. What does the wallcrawler look like in the far-flung future of 2061? The Kingpin has taken control of his ultra-powerful techno-symbiote suit. One of his most powerful weapons in the hands of one of his most powerful enemies, Spider-Man will have to prove once again why he’s the greatest superhero in the world!

“We’re jumping into a story already in progress for this issue,’” explains writer Sean Ryan in an interview with Marvel.com. “We’re treating this issue as if it was the last issue in a long arc that has been running in the Spider-Man books for a while. This issue sees the story coming to an end. The idea of the story being that the symbiote is back, but it’s been infused with technology that gives its host the power to plug in to the grid and control anything connected to it. And this being the future, that’s just about everything.

Each week in July sees a new 100th Anniversary Special featuring fan-favorite creators and rising stars as they envision the Marvel Universe of 2061! With the Kingpin in possession of a deadly weapon capable of limitless control, it’s up to the one and only Spider-Man to stop him. But how can he?

1936376404?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936376475?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936377424?profile=RESIZE_180x180 1936366813?profile=RESIZE_180x180ALL NEW INVADERS #7

STK644039.jpg?width=150Writer: JAMES ROBINSON

Art: MARC LAMING

Cover: GREG LAND

ORIGINAL SIN TIE IN!

•  JIM HAMMOND THE ORIGINAL HUMAN TORCH, Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D., must reveal the tragic ORIGINAL SIN of the INVADERS!

•  Did the team make a fatal miscalculation by disobeying orders from on high?

•  Will Japanese Super Heroine RADIANCE make them pay the ultimate price?

•  A shocking end that sets up an all-new epic!

$3.99

1936366813?profile=RESIZE_180x180ALL-NEW X-MEN #29

1936379634?profile=RESIZE_180x180Written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS

Art & Cover by STUART IMMONEN

Guardians of the Galaxy Variant Also Available

32 PGS./Rated T/$3.99

• Past, present and future collide as the Future Brotherhood exacts their final judgment on the All-New X-Men.

• Plus, Angel takes control!

The Future Brotherhood’s plan comes to devastating fruition in ALL-NEW X-MEN #29 – from the superstar creative team of Brian Michael Bendis and Stuart Immonen! After infiltrating the New Charles Xavier School, the Future Brotherhood – led by the son of Charles Xavier and Mystique -- have crushed the students and X-Men alike. As they all lay inches from death, the Brotherhood has set their sights on the only one powerful enough to stop them – young Jean Grey! As Jean Grey prepares for the greatest psychic battle she’s ever faced, can she control the unimaginable power waiting just below the surface? If she can’t, who’s in more danger – the Brotherhood … or the X-Men? Find out when a psychic battle for the ages erupts this July in ALL-NEW X-MEN #29!

The Angel needs a motorcycle about as much as Aquaman needs a Jet-Ski.

1936379759?profile=RESIZE_320x3201936379847?profile=RESIZE_180x180

1936366813?profile=RESIZE_180x180AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #1.3

STK645225.jpg?width=150Writer: DAN SLOTT

Art: RAMON K. PEREZ

Cover: ALEX ROSS

LEARNING TO CRAWL PART 3!

•  Spider-Man's biggest fan becomes his first super-villain!

•  His name's Clash and he's about to ruin Spider-Man's life. That's not exaggeration!

$3.99

1936366813?profile=RESIZE_180x180AMAZING X-MEN #9

1936379942?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: CRAIG KYLE AND CHRIS YOST

Art: Carlo Barberi

Cover by ED MCGUINNESS

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY ARTIST VARIANT ALSO AVAILABLE

32 PGS./Rated T+/$3.99

Part 2 of World War Wendigo!

The X-Men and members of Alpha Flight join battle to stop the growing tide of Wendigos from consuming everything and everyone in its path!

1936366813?profile=RESIZE_180x180AVENGERS #32

1936380092?profile=RESIZE_320x320Writer: JONATHAN HICKMAN

Art/Cover: LEINIL FRANCIS YU

32 PGS./Rated T+/$3.99

ORIGINAL SIN tie-in!

5000 years into the future. Rogue Planet redux: The mysterious origin of the rogue planet revealed.

1936366813?profile=RESIZE_180x180AVENGERS UNDERCOVER #7

1936382389?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: DENNIS HOPELESS

Art: KEV WALKER

Cover by FRANCESCO MATTINA

32 PGS./Rated T+/$2.99

“GONE NATIVE” PART 1 OF 4!

• Runaways fans alert: This issue focuses on Nico … and her newly resurrected evil ex-boyfriend, Alex!

• Oh, and something really bad has happened to fellow Runaway Chase! Why are we so mean?

• Plus: What happened to Cammi? Only Baron Zemo knows …

1936366813?profile=RESIZE_180x180CAPTAIN MARVEL #5

1936382592?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer; KELLY SUE DECONNICK

Art/Cover: DAVID LOPEZ

32 PGS./Rated T+/$3.99

• Ever since she set off on her latest “adventure,” Carol Danvers has had her butt handed to her at every turn.

• She’s done with that nonsense. Let’s start flipping some tables, shall we?

• Tic, the Rocket Girl, and Jackie, the Warlord, are getting in on the “Oh no you di’n’t!” action too!

1936366813?profile=RESIZE_180x180DAREDEVIL #5

STK644019.jpg?width=150Writer: MARK WAID

Art/Cover: CHRIS SAMNEE

• What killed Foggy Nelson?

•  And now that he's "dead," what is he supposed to do with his life?

$3.99

1936366813?profile=RESIZE_180x180DEADLY HANDS OF KUNG FU #3 (of 4)

1936382684?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: MIKE BENSON

Art: TAN ENG HUAT

Cover by DAVE JOHNSON

32 PGS./Rated T+/$3.99

• SHANG-CHI versus THE WHITE DRAGON!

• Misty Knight and Colleen Wing discover the danger is greater than any of them had feared!

• Deadly secrets revealed! Kung Fu action unleashed!

1936366813?profile=RESIZE_180x180DEADPOOL #31

1936384750?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: BRIAN POSEHN & GERRY DUGGAN

Art: JOHN LUCAS

Cover by MARK BROOKS

32 PGS./Rated T+/$3.99

ORIGINAL SIN tie-ins!

• Preston uncovers a secret from Deadpool’s past that needs immediate attention!

• But Deadpool and Dazzler are still fighting off Dracula’s forces!

1936366813?profile=RESIZE_180x180DEADPOOL: DRACULA’S GAUNTLET #1 (of 7)

1936384946?profile=RESIZE_180x180Written by GERRY DUGGAN & BRIAN POSEHN

Art & Cover by REILLY BROWN

$3.99

You saw Deadpool’s marriage to the succubus queen Shiklah. Now experience their first meeting and romance this July as the hit Infinite Comic makes the leap to print in DEADPOOL: DRACULA’S GAUNTLET #1 -- coming to you from critically acclaimed Deadpool writers Gerry Duggan & Brian Posehn and fan-favorite artist Reilly Brown! When Deadpool is hired by Dracula to transport a highly-valuable package across the country, he’ll have no idea what he’s in for. Get ready for a crazy globe-trotting journey starring the Merc With a Mouth as he crosses paths with Blade, M.O.D.O.K., Hydra Bob, Werewolf by Night and more! Not to mention the first appearance of his bride-to-be! Shipping weekly, don’t miss your chance to experience the complete 13-part digital-first series in print for the first time when DEADPOOL: DRACULA’S GAUNTLET #1 hits comic shops!

1936387516?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936389412?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936389467?profile=RESIZE_320x320

1936337496?profile=RESIZE_180x180FANTASTIC FOUR #7

1936389568?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: JAMES ROBINSON

Art/Cover: LEONARD KIRK

32 PGS./Rated T+/$3.99

ORIGINAL SIN: THE FATEFUL FOUR PART II

• The FANTASTIC FOUR are being torn apart at their very foundation!

• Will Ben be able to cope with the Original Sin he’s learned about Johnny?

• Will Sue and Reed lose FRANKLIN and the rest of the FUTURE FOUNDATION?

• Will what’s left of the team be able stop their headquarters from being shut down by … THE AVENGERS?

1936366813?profile=RESIZE_180x180GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY BY JIM VALENTINO VOL. 2 (TPB)

1936389728?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer/Pencils/Cover: JIM VALENTINO

336 PGS./Rated T/$34.99

Just in time for the blockbuster film, Marvel offers up a second helping of classic Guardians tales by industry icon Jim Valentino! The original Guardians of the Galaxy land on the World of Mutants, but soon wind up in the middle of a violent rebellion against Wolverine’s descendant Rancor! And to make matters worse, there’s a Dark Phoenix on the loose! Hope they survive the experience! Then it’s off to rescue Firelord, a cosmic clash with Ghost Rider and the debut of the mysterious Protégé  -- culminating in an epic battle with the Punisher of the 31st century. Wait, did we say Punisher? More like Punishers — a whole army of them! Plus: a major turning point in the life of Vance Astrovik! Who is Major Victory? Collecting GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY (1990) #8-20.

I try to avoid being Mr. Party Poop by slamming bad comics, when there are so many good ones to talk about. But I have to say, as a public service, that I thought Valentino's run on Guardians of the Galaxy was so awful that Marvel ought to pay us to read it.

1936337496?profile=RESIZE_180x180MARVEL UNIVERSE AVENGERS ASSEMBLE #10

1936389814?profile=RESIZE_180x180Adapted by Joe Caramagna

• The fiendish Attuma send monsters and a giant tidal waves to sink the island of Manhattan!

• Hulk must prove that he is the strongest one there is … or perish!

32 PGS./All Ages/$2.99

1936366813?profile=RESIZE_180x180MARVEL’S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D.: SEASON ONE DECLASSIFIED (SLIPCASE HC)

Writer: TROY BENJAMIN

240 PGS./All Ages/$49.99

Trim size: landscape

Learn the secrets of MARVEL’S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. in this exclusive behind-the-scenes look at the making of Marvel’s first live-action TV show! Hear from the cast, creators and crew as they reveal never-before-shared details from the first season. This deluxe keepsake volume offers an insider’s look into the making of the blockbuster espionage series on ABC produced by Joss Whedon, Maurissa Tancharoen & Jed Whedon and Jeffrey Bell; and starring Clark Gregg, Ming-Na Wen, Brett Dalton, Chloe Bennett, Iain De Caestecker and Elizabeth Henstridge.

1936366813?profile=RESIZE_180x180

• MARVEL UNIVERSE GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY: COSMIC TEAM-UP (DIGEST)

1936365610?profile=RESIZE_180x180Written & Adapted by JOSH FINE, JOE CARAMAGNA & BILL MANTLO

Additional material penciled by SAL BUSCEMA

96 PGS./All Ages/$9.99

The Guardians of the Galaxy, the Avengers of outer space, blast out of DisneyXD’s hit animated series and into your hands!

• When Michael Korvac escapes his alien abductors, he flees home to Earth and seeks the Avengers’ protection. For Earth’s Mightiest Heroes, defending Korvac will mean battling the Guardians of the Galaxy -- but why?

• The Korvac confusion continues as Spider-Man gets involved, traveling into deep space with the Guardians to take on Korvac … and the alien Chitauri!

• Hulk and his agents of S.M.A.S.H. encounter the cosmic Collector on a simulated paradise world … but can they ever escape it?

• Relive Rocket Raccoon’s classic comic-book debut, as the feisty, furry film star matches wits with the Hulk!

Collecting MARVEL UNIVERSE AVENGERS: EARTH’S MIGHTIEST HEROES #18, MARVEL UNIVERSE ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN #22, MARVEL UNIVERSE HULK: AGENTS OF S.M.A.S.H. #4, and INCREDIBLE HULK (1968) #271.

1936337496?profile=RESIZE_180x180NIGHTCRAWLER #4

1936367784?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: CHRIS CLAREMONT

Art: TODD NAUCK

Cover by JAMIE McKELVIE

• The mastermind behind the attacks on Nightcrawler’s loved ones is revealed …

• And when Nightcrawler calls upon his friends for backup, the fight comes to the Jean Grey School!

• But torn between two worlds—his family and the X-Men—who will Nightcrawler stand by?

• One thing’s for sure: When the dust settles, one of his worlds will be changed forever …

32 PGS./Rated T+/$3.99

1936366813?profile=RESIZE_180x180ORIGINAL SIN #5.1/THOR & LOKI: THE TENTH REALM #1

1936370333?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936372561?profile=RESIZE_320x3201936372641?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936372696?profile=RESIZE_180x180Written by JASON AARON & AL EWING

Art by SIMONE BIANCHI & LEE GARBETT

Cover by DALE KEOWN

Variant Cover by SIMONE BIANCHI

$3.99

Discover the startling secret that Original Sin will uproot for the worlds of Earth and Asgard alike! Today, Marvel is pleased to present your first look at Thor & Loki: The Tenth Realm #1 – the first issue in a game-changing limited series spinning directly out of Original Sin! From the blockbuster creative team of Jason Aaron, Al Ewing, Simone Bianchi and Lee Garbett comes the answers you’ve been waiting for!

The information the Watcher kept has revealed a long forgotten secret Odin wished would stay buried from Thor & Loki, two gods Odin raised as sons. But Odin had a secret. A daughter unknown until now, and the mystery of her arrival will unlock the secret behind the banishment of an entire realm!

The long forgotten Tenth Realm has returned, and with it comes Angela – the lost daughter of Asgard! And her quest for revenge will cut a bloody swath through Asgard like no other!

The sins of the father will be visited upon the children as Angela prepares for war! What is the secret of the Tenth Realm’s banishment? And where has it been all this time? Find out as the sins of Asgard and Odin are unleashed this July in Thor & Loki: The Tenth Realm #1!

“Al Ewing and Jason Aaron have crafted a truly epic story here, brilliantly brought to life by Simone Bianchi and Lee Garbett,” says Marvel Editor Wil Moss. “It’s got everything: Thor and Loki fighting side-by-side! The return of Odin! An ethical quandary that stumps even Loki! An insanely awesome fight between Thor and Angela! And so, so much more. The creative team is really giving this story their all, leading to huge ramifications in the THOR: GOD OF THUNDER and LOKI: AGENT OF ASGARD series when all is said and done. And just wait till you see where Angela goes from here …”

Retailers please note: Thor & Loki: The Tenth Realm #1-5 will ship as Original Sin #5.1-5.5.

Wait -- is this the same Angela that's currently running with the Guardians of the Galaxy? And doesn't Neil Gaiman own the rights to that character? Seems foolish to make her a major part of the Thor tapestry when Gaiman can yank her away at any time.

1936374984?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936377164?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936379777?profile=RESIZE_180x180

1936372641?profile=RESIZE_180x180ORIGINAL SINS #3

1936379799?profile=RESIZE_180x180Written by CHARLES SOULE, RYAN NORTH & DAN SLOTT

Art by RYAN BROWNE, RAMON VILLALOBOS & MARK BAGLEY
    Cover by MARK BROOKS

Go even deeper into the sins of your favorite characters as the information the Watcher held continues to unravel the fabric of the Marvel Universe! Today, Marvel is proud to present your first look at ORIGINAL SINS #3 – the next exciting chapter shining a revealing light on the secrets of our most requested characters courtesy of the industry’s top creators!

First, rising star writer Charles Soule joins artist Ryan Browne for a new tale about the Inhuman information broker lineage. As he utilizes the Watchers knowledge to unearth a shocking secret about Black Bolt and the Inhuman royal family – he’ll upend the power balance of the entire Inhuman community! Seeds sown here will bear bitter fruit in the pages of Inhuman in the coming months!  

Then, Eisner-award winning writer Ryan North and artist Ramon Villalobos continue their Young Avengers story running throughout Original Sins! Amidst the investigation into the Watcher’s murder – Marvel Boy, Prodigy and Hulkling confront notorious supercriminal The Hood! With the rest of the Marvel Universe investigating the Watcher’s murder, are these 3 inexperienced heroes enough to go toe-to-toe with one of the Avengers deadliest foes?

Finally the superstar creative team of Dan Slott and Mark Bagley bring you the Original Sin of your Not So Friendly Neighborhood Former NYC Mayor J. Jonah Jameson!

The Watcher saw it all – and now everyone knows. Don’t miss the startling secrets of Black Bolt, J. Jonah Jameson and the Young Avengers when ORIGINAL SINS #3 hits comic shops and digital devices!

1936382286?profile=RESIZE_320x3201936382346?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936384468?profile=RESIZE_180x180

1936372641?profile=RESIZE_180x180SPIDER-MAN 2099 #1

1936386903?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936387065?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936389494?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936389672?profile=RESIZE_180x180Written by PETER DAVID

Art by WILL SLINEY

Cover by SIMONE BIANCHI

Variant covers by RICK LEONARDI, SKOTTIE YOUNG and J. SCOTT CAMPBELL

32 PGS./Rated T/$3.99

Miguel O’Hara returns -- because YOU demanded it! Today, Marvel is proud to present your first look at SPIDER-MAN 2099 #1, the all-new ongoing series from legendary writer & Spider-Man 2099 co-creator Peter David (All-New X-Factor, The Incredible Hulk) and breakout artist Will Sliney (Fearless Defenders, Superior Spider-Man Team-Up)!

Spinning directly out of the pages of Amazing Spider-Man, Miguel O’Hara swings again as Spider-Man 2099 -- only he’s trapped in the year 2014! Stranded there by his father, the evil head of super corporation Alchemax -- Miguel must come to terms with being stuck in an unfamiliar and unforgiving era.

But in the year 2014, Alchemax has just formed, and Miguel has a plan. Undercover in their employ, Miguel has a chance to stop the corrupt organization before it can even get started. And perhaps even alter his own future to prevent the rise of one of his greatest villains!

“Miguel becomes determined to try and transform his grandfather, Tiberius Stone into a decent guy in the hopes that it will wind up informing the raising of Tyler Stone, and perhaps make him a better person,” says writer Peter David in an interview with Marvel.com.  “In short, he’s hoping that he can influence the development of both the present and future of Alchemax.”

“He’s going to find that’s not as easy as he’d hoped,” David continued.

“It’s going to be a huge year for all things Spider!” added series editor Ellie Pyle “This is your chance to get to know Spider-Man 2099 before the Spider-Man universe gets more crowded, and Peter and Will have prepared quite the introduction!”

You’d think that being a man out of time would make you a man without enemies, but Spider-Man 2099 is about to discover that he’s not the only one fighting for a better tomorrow. The Adjustor, a supremely powerful being has appeared in the year 2014 with only one mission -- eliminate Miguel from the timestream! Not to mention the epic Spider-Verse event looming on the horizon!

Ask yourself, can one man change the future? Find out as the battle for tomorrow begins this July in SPIDER-MAN 2099 #1!

1936391824?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936393848?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936396261?profile=RESIZE_180x180

1936372641?profile=RESIZE_180x180

1936398067?profile=RESIZE_1024x1024

1936366813?profile=RESIZE_180x180STAR-LORD (TPB)

1936400165?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: STEVE ENGLEHART, CHRIS CLAREMONT, DOUG MOENCH & TIMOTHY ZAHN

Pencils: STEVE GAN, JOHN BYRNE, CARMINE INFANTINO, BILL SIENKIEWICZ, GENE COLAN, TOM SUTTON & DAN LAWLIS

Cover: EARL NOREM

424 PGS./Rated T+/$24.99

Just in time for his big-screen debut, Star-Lord’s sensational seventies sci-fi sagas are collected in one volume! After aliens killed Peter Quill’s mother, he became an astronaut, hoping to find the killers and take revenge -- until a fateful encounter with the Master of the Sun unlocked Quill’s true destiny! Now — as the intergalactic policeman Star-Lord — Quill faces alien slavers, space pirates, world-destroying ships, ancient space arks, vengeful beast-men, winged cloud-riders, symbiotic planetoids and more! But how is the Master of the Sun connected to the aliens who killed Quill’s mother? Plus: Peer into the future and witness the adventures of the second Star-Lord, Sinjin Quarrel! Collecting the Star-Lord material from MARVEL PREVIEW #4, #11, #14-15 and #18, and MARVEL SUPER SPECIAL #10; and MARVEL SPOTLIGHT (1979) #6-7, MARVEL PREMIERE #61 and STARLORD (1996) #1-3.

1936337496?profile=RESIZE_180x180THE SUPERIOR FOES OF SPIDER-MAN #13

1936402167?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: NICK SPENCER

Art/Cover: STEVE LIEBER

32 PGS./Rated T+/$3.99

• The world’s most dangerous villains are up against the world’s most dangerous thing -- THE TRUTH!

• The sleeper hit of the year continues, by Spencer, Lieber & Rosenberg!

Originally solicited for May 7!

1936298532?profile=RESIZE_180x180THE UNITED STATES OF MURDER INC. #3

1936404196?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS

Art/Cover: MICHAEL AVON OEMING

Variant Cover by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS

Variant Cover by DAVID MACK

Valentine is a made guy, and Jagger is a hit-woman working for the most powerful family in the world. Now, they’ve been tasked with finding out who has violently betrayed their entire way of life. But Valentine is carrying a massive secret, one that would send the entire country into a civil war. All this, and we’re introducing new characters on almost every page! From the creators of the Eisner Award-winning Powers comes a brand-new, creator-owned blockbuster in the making.

32 PGS./Mature/$3.99

© 2013 Jinxworld Inc.

1936366813?profile=RESIZE_180x180WINTER SOLDIER: THE BITTER MARCH #5 (of 5)

1936404412?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: RICK REMENDER

Art: ROLAND BOSCHI

Cover by ANDREW ROBINSON

32 PGS./Rated T+/$3.99

• The Winter Solder is dead -- long live Bucky!

• The conclusion, the terrible decision that will forever change Ran Shen!

• Witness the birth of the man who will one day destroy Steve Rogers! Enter: The Iron Nail!

1936328730?profile=RESIZE_180x180WOLVERINE #10

STK644053.jpg?width=150Writer: PAUL CORNELL

Art: PETE WOODS

Cover: STEVE MCNIVEN

• It's the beginning of the end for Wolverine!

•  Logan comes clean to his old friends as Sabretooth marks Wolverine's new love Pinch for death!

•  Pete Woods (Detective Comics) joins Paul Cornell as Logan enters his most dire hour!

$3.99

How long will it take this guy to die? It's a bigger production than Jesus Christ Superstar!

1936328730?profile=RESIZE_180x180X-FORCE #7

1936404520?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: SIMON SPURRIER

Art/Cover: ROCK-HE KIM

• X-Force has barely survived an encounter with their newest foe -- the swaggering superhuman arms dealer VOLGA …

• … and with their secrets brought to light, they’re barely surviving EACH OTHER. How will Cable’s team keep it together to carry out their mission?

• Well I can tell you part of the answer: DOMINO is back! But she could just be in over her head already …

32 PGS./Parental Advisory/$3.99

1936366813?profile=RESIZE_180x180X-MEN: BATTLE OF THE ATOM (TPB)

1936406619?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS, BRIAN WOOD & JASON AARON

Pencils: FRANK CHO, STUART IMMONEN, DAVID LOPEZ, CHRIS BACHALO, GIUSEPPE

CAMUNCOLI & ESAD RIBIC

Cover: ARTHUR ADAMS

248 PGS./Rated T+/$34.99

The X-Men’s past, present and future collide in an uncanny event 50 years in the making! In a desperate bid to save Xavier’s dream, the Beast brought the original X-Men forward to the present. Now, with the timeline -- and all of existence -- endangered by their presence, they must go back. But faced with the horror of what fate would have in store for them, young Cyclops and Marvel Girl are intent on staying and forging their own destiny. And as debate rages and tempers flare, the X-Men of the future arrive with a dire warning, seeking to prevent history’s greatest mistake! Celebrate the X-Men’s 50th anniversary with a time-twisting epic for the ages! Collecting X-MEN: BATTLE OF THE ATOM #1-2, ALL-NEW X-MEN #16-17, X-MEN (2013) #5-6, UNCANNY X-MEN (2013) #12-13 and WOLVERINE & THE X-MEN #36-37.

• VALIANT COMICS

ARMOR HUNTERS #1 (2ND PTG)

1936369543?profile=RESIZE_180x180Written by ROBERT VENDITTI

Art by DOUG BRAITHWAITE

Cover by JORGE MOLINA (APR148537)

$3.99 | T+ | 40 pgs.

Witness the brutal beginning of Valiant's blockbuster summer crossover in the ARMOR HUNTERS #1 SECOND PRINTING VARIANT! From superstar creators Robert Venditti (X-O Manowar, Green Lantern) and Doug Braithwaite (Unity, Justice), start reading here as X-O Manowar leads Valiant's most formidable against Earth's first full-scale cosmic threat … the relentless alien strike team known only as the ARMOR HUNTERS! They will hunt. They will trap. They will kill. And they will rid the universe of the X-O Manowar armor's incalculable destructive power … even if it means taking our world with it.

Praise for ARMOR HUNTERS:

"✮✮✮✮✮…Venditti, Braithwaite, and Martin are putting together one exciting book." – Comic Vine

"✮✮✮✮✮…A comic event that delivers on the very first issue." – Comic Spectrum

“✮✮✮✮✮…All killer and no filler. In Venditti and Braithwaite we trust, jump on Armor Hunters." – All-Comic

"✮✮✮✮… The book truly feels like an event… Immersive and well rendered." – IGN

"✮✮✮✮… Exciting and well-drawn… It's an event story for readers who think they hate event stories." – Comic Book Resources

1936369731?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936370058?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936372290?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936374473?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936374600?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936376841?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936378967?profile=RESIZE_180x180ARMOR HUNTERS #2

1936379023?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936380990?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936383224?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936374014?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936385234?profile=RESIZE_180x180Written by ROBERT VENDITTI

Art & Cover by DOUG BRAITHWAITE

Mask Cover by RIAN HUGHES

Variant Cover by TREVOR HAIRSINE

Artist Variant by BRYAN HITCH

$3.99 | 32 pages, full color | T+ | On sale JULY 9

Valiant is proud to present an advance preview of ARMOR HUNTERS #2 (of 4) – the second colossal issue of Valiant's armor-plated 2014 crossover event from superstar creators Robert Venditti (X-O Manowar, The Flash) and Doug Braithwaite (Unity, Justice)! On July 9th, the relentless alien strike force known as the Armor Hunters will confront the battle-damaged coalition of X-O Manowar, Bloodshot and Unity with a dire ultimatum -- SURRENDER THE ARMOR OR EARTH WILL DIE!

Following the shocking final moments of June's ARMOR HUNTERS #1 (of 4), the Armor Hunters have made their intentions clear, and unless X-O Manowar is turned over to them immediately, thousands of innocents will become additional casualties of this already brutal war. Valiant’s most formidable heroes are about to go on the offensive, but the Armor Hunters have another trick up their sleeve, and this one will change the battle forever.

Who will live? Who will die? The world will know what it feels like to be POWERLESS as Valiant’s massive summer crossover continues! The summer's must-read comic book event rockets into overdrive right here on July 9th, only in ARMOR HUNTERS #2 (of 4)!

Then, the Armor Hunters' onslaught continues throughout the month with exciting new entry points into the multi-front war against the most powerful heroes Valiant has to offer in UNITY #9 on July 16th; ARMOR HUNTERS: BLOODSHOT #1 (of 3) on July 23rd; and ARMOR HUNTERS: HARBINGER #1 (of 3) and X-O MANOWAR #27 on July 30th!
    1936387407?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936389315?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936389379?profile=RESIZE_180x180

1936389561?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936391567?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936393712?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936395853?profile=RESIZE_480x4801936397487?profile=RESIZE_180x180HARBINGER WARS DELUXE EDITON (HC)

1936397619?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: JOSHUA DYSART, DUANE SWIERCZYNSKI

Art: CLAYTON HENRY, PERE PEREZ, BARRY KITSON, TREVOR HAIRSINE, KHARI EVANS,

CLAYTON CRAIN, MICO SUAYAN

Cover: CLAYTON CRAIN

$39.99/T+/368 pgs.

Re-presenting Valiant’s best-selling crossover event in complete chronological order, the acclaimed Harbinger Wars saga gets the deluxe oversized hardcover treatment – with more than 20+ pages of bonus content and rarely-seen special features!

When an untrained and undisciplined team of super-powered test subjects escape from Project Rising Spirit and onto the Vegas Strip, Bloodshot and the Harbinger Renegades will find themselves locked in battle against a deadly succession of opponents – and each other. As the combined forces of the H.A.R.D. Corps, Generation Zero, and omega-level telekinetic Toyo Harada all descend on Las Vegas to vie for the control of Rising Spirit’s deadliest assets, the world is about to discover the shocking price of an all-out superhuman conflict…and no one will escape unscathed. Who will survive the Harbinger Wars?

Collecting HARBINGER WARS #1-4, HARBINGER #11-14, BLOODSHOT #10-13 and material from the HARBINGER WARS SKETCHBOOK, the Harbinger Wars Deluxe Edition HC is the only place to find the complete story of the groundbreaking crossover that IGN calls “one hell of a ride.”

ON SALE MAY 28th!

1936312385?profile=RESIZE_180x180RAI #1 (3RD PTG)

1936399728?profile=RESIZE_180x180Written by MATT KINDT

Art & Cover by CLAYTON CRAIN

$3.99/T+/32 pgs.

ON SALE 7/19/14

Discover a daring new vision of what comics can be in the RAI #1 THIRD PRINTING VARIANT – your latest chance to enter the astonishing world of Japan in the 41st century as realized by superstar creators Matt Kindt and Clayton Crain! Returning to stands on July 9th alongside RAI #3, the red-hot launch book of the all-new VALIANT FIRST initiative continues to burn up the charts after a record-setting second print sell-out. Start reading here to jump on board the new ongoing series that has fans and critics heralding RAI as a comic book milestone for the modern age.

Praise for RAI #1:

"✮✮✮✮✮… [Rai] comes with the highest praise.” – PopMatters

“✮✮✮✮½… Rai is just plain amazing.” -- IGN

"✮✮✮✮… An immersive experience …unlike anything else in comics.” -- Comic Book Resources

“✮✮✮✮ … This is a book you really need to check out.” -- Comic Vine

“Maybe the best looking comic Valiant has produced yet, and a book that has nearly unlimited potential…” -- Multiversity Comics

1936401595?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936401677?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936401885?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936403998?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936404154?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936406560?profile=RESIZE_180x180

1936352773?profile=RESIZE_180x180RAI #2 (2ND PTG)

1936406947?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: MATT KINDT

Art: CLAYTON CRAIN

Cover: RAUL ALLEN

On the heels of RAI #1's red-hot third printing, the all-star creative team of Matt Kindt (Unity, Mind MGMT) and Clayton Crain (Carnage, X-Force) continue their visionary journey into 41st century Japan in the RAI #2 SECOND PRINTING VARIANT! In the far future of 4001 A.D., Japan is a single endless city-state, governed by a benevolent artificial intelligence and policed by one lone enforcer – the mysterious Rai, spirit guardian of the rising sun. But, soon, a single bullet will shatter the peace it has taken 2,000 years to secure. … This July, discover why there is nothing else in comics quite like RAI!

Praise for RAI:

“✮✮✮✮✮… [Rai] comes with the highest praise.” – PopMatters

"✮✮✮✮✮… A great new series… [Rai] has my attention." – Max Level Geek

“✮✮✮✮½… Rai is just plain amazing.” – IGN

“✮✮✮✮… An immersive experience…unlike anything else in comics.” – Comic Book Resources

“✮✮✮✮… This is a book you really need to check out.” – Comic Vine

1936407434?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936407528?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936409734?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936409797?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936409970?profile=RESIZE_180x180RAI #3 (VALIANT FIRST)

1936410067?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936412228?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936374014?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936414604?profile=RESIZE_180x180Written by MATT KINDT

Art by CLAYTON CRAIN

Cover A by RAUL ALLEN

Cover B by CLAYTON CRAIN

Variant Cover by CAFU

$3.99 | 32 pages, full color | T+ | On sale JULY 9

Valiant is proud to present an advance preview of RAI #3 -- the next epic issue of VALIANT FIRST's all-new ongoing series from visionary creators Matt Kindt (Unity, Mind MGMT) and Clayton Crain (Carnage)! In the year 4001, nothing is what it seems, not even yourself. … On July 9th, step into a future transformed to discover the astonishing world of 41st century Japan and the mysterious spirit guardian only known as RAI!

A seemingly random murder – the first in a thousand years – is unraveling the mysteries at the heart of Rai’s very existence. As the country of Japan completes another orbit around 41st century Earth, Rai, its sole protector, turns his investigation toward two figures he never questioned before: Father, the A.I. that controls Japan…and himself.

In the wake of RAI #1's sold-out debut, one of the summer's sleekest, most in-demand new series continues with an brand new installment on July 9th in RAI #3! Start reading here to find out why there is nothing else in comics like Matt Kindt & Clayton Crain's RAI!

And also coming in July: look for exciting new entry points all month long as the VALIANT FIRST initiative unleashes an all-new wave of can't-miss comics that demand to be read FIRST – ARMOR HUNTERS #2 (of 4) by Robert Venditti and Doug Braithwaite; ARMOR HUNTERS: BLOODSHOT #1 (of 3) by Joe Harris and Trevor Hairsine; ARMOR HUNTERS: HARBINGER #1 (of 3) by Joshua Dysart and Robert Gill!

Evidently sales are good on this title!

1936414766?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936416596?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936416852?profile=RESIZE_180x180

1936419010?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936421281?profile=RESIZE_320x320

1936374014?profile=RESIZE_180x180UNITY VOL. 2: TRAPPED BY WEBNET (TPB)

UNITY_TPB_002_TRAPPED-BY-WEBNET.jpg?width=150Written by MATT KINDT with ROBERT VENDITTI

Art by CAFU with LEE GARBETT

Cover by CLAYTON CRAIN

$14.99 | 112 pages, full color | T+ | On sale JULY 9

For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction. First came UNITY… Now meet WEBNET!

Coming off of the earth-shattering repercussions of their first mission, Ninjak is leading the newly formed Unity team right back into the trenches to face the Valiant Universe’s next colossal threat -- the enigmatic Dr. Silk and his high-tech terror cell: WEBNET! With the fate of untold millions on the line, can this team of cutthroat heroes uncover Silk’s endgame -- and his connection to Ninjak’s shadowy past?

From New York Times best-selling writer Matt Kindt (Mind MGMT) and superstar artist CAFU (Action Comics), start reading here when X-O Manowar, Eternal Warrior, Livewire and the rest of Valiant’s best-selling superteam begin an all-new, high-stakes adventure! Collecting UNITY #5-7, plus the landmark first appearance of Ninjak from X-O MANOWAR #5!

• OTHER PUBLISHERS

07 GHOST VOL 11 (GN)

STK642949.jpg?width=150Publisher: VIZ MEDIA LLC

Writer/Art/Cover: Yuki Amemiya

Bishop by day and something sinister by night, Frau has managed to hide his "real job" from Teito...until now. On the Hawkzile race that will take them to Hoburg Fortress, Frau loses control and pulls Teito into darkness. Meanwhile, at Hoburg itself, an insurrection fueled by greed draws an older, more terrifying turncoat to reveal himself.

$9.99

Hmmm. I wonder what happened to Ghosts 01-06 ...

1936362542?profile=RESIZE_180x180ADVENTURE TIME BANANA GUARD ACADEMY #1

STK644382.jpg?width=150Publisher: BOOM! STUDIOS

Writers: Kent Osborne, Dylan Haggerty

Art: Madeline Rupert, Britt Wilson

Cover: Aimee Fleck, Michele Petrucci

WHY WE LOVE IT: Not only are the Banana Guards hilarious as the Candy Kingdom's protectors, but this series is written by Kent Osborne, one of the current writers of the ADVENTURE TIME show. Kent is responsible for some of our favorite episodes of the show and we're thrilled to have him write his first comic book.

WHY YOU'LL LOVE IT: If you love ADVENTURE TIME, you can't get beat a comic series written by one of the show's writers and the creator of Root Beer Guy! Also great if you like bananas.

WHAT IT'S ABOUT: Turns out that there is a lot to being a Banana Guard -- but being a Banana is not mandatory. This crazy adventure follows Root Beer Guy as he starts his search for new recruits among Ooo's citizens. Only the best will do in his quest to protect the Candy Kingdom!

$3.99

1936362542?profile=RESIZE_180x180AI PRESENTS WEIRDING WILLOWS VOL 1 (HC)

STK632867.jpg?width=150Publisher: TITAN COMICS

Writer: David Elliott

Art: Sami Basri, Barnaby Bagenda

Cover: Imam E. Wibowo

When she was nine, Alice wandered into the Wild Woods and discovered a portal to another world. A world called Wonderland! Now a young woman, she has spent her childhood discovering just some of the wonders the dimensional nexus of the Weir has to offer, a place where the worlds of Earth, Wonderland, OZ, Neverland, Mars, Pelucidar and Elysium collide! From Frankenstein's Monster to a giant purple T-rex, from talking rabbits to winged monkeys, from a kidnapped Mowgli to a werewolf with a secret, there's never a quiet day in the Weir - and Alice and her friends are all that stand between these worlds, and those who would exploit them.

$19.99

Alice as a grown-up -- or at least old enough for sexytime -- seems to be a popular theme these days.

1936362542?profile=RESIZE_180x180ARPEGGIO OF BLUE STEEL VOL 1 (GN)

STK639924.jpg?width=150Publisher: SEVEN SEAS ENTERTAINMENT LLC

Writer/Art/Cover: Ark

For fans of Attack on Titan, a near-future series where humanity's hope lies in creating a sentient superweapon: a girl able to transform into a deadly submarine. In the early 21st century, the majority of Earth's landmass is submerged due to rising sea levels. Enter the Fleet of Fog, a host of sentient alien battleships of unknown origin who easily devastate Earth's naval forces. Humanity is now on the verge of extinction, and the Blue Steel fleet may be humanity's last chance to fight off the alien invaders. The Blue Steel fleet happens to contain a secret weapon that could turn the tide of war: a mysterious I-401 submarine that can transform into a girl.

Mature/$12.99

“a girl able to transform into a deadly submarine”

Whatever else you might say, you have to admit that that isn’t a scenario that you’ve seen a hundred times before.

1936362542?profile=RESIZE_180x180ATOMIC ROBO KNIGHTS OF GOLDEN CIRCLE #2 

STK641261.jpg?width=150Publisher: RED 5 COMICS

Writer: Brian Clevinger

Art/Cover: Scott Wegener

Atomic Robo is trapped in the year 1884. When he comes face-to-face with a plot that threatens to shatter the Americas, he's forced out of seclusion to become the Old West vigilante hero "Ironside."

$3.50

1936362542?profile=RESIZE_180x180BAD DREAMS #3

STK641262.jpg?width=150Publisher: RED 5 COMICS

Writer/Art/Cover: Gary Winnick

The Bad Dreams' quest to restore Night continues as Mary and her companions find themselves face to face with Amorpha, the Queen of Dreams. Under her spell, nothing is truly as it seems. The plot thickens as secrets are revealed and new ones take their place!

$3.50

1936362542?profile=RESIZE_180x180BARBARIAN LORD (GN)  

STK642239.jpg?width=250Publisher: CLARION BOOKS

The classic Conan the Barbarian meets Mike Mignola's Hellboy by way of Norse mythology and Icelandic sagas in an epic graphic novel adventure of innocence wronged and vengeance taken! "A sword untried is a sword untested," says one raven to another as they set out to witness the fate of the finest farm in Garmrland and its owner, Barbarian Lord. When he is cheated out of his lands and banished, Barbarian Lord begins a quest for allies and for justice, encountering monsters, ghouls, gods, and mediocre poets along the way. Combining the rich traditions of the Vikings and Nordic lore with sword-and-sorcery-and slyly understated humor-this graphic novel introduces an original hero with classic flair, brought to life in Matt Smith's beautifully drawn, detailed, and action-filled black-and-white illustrations.

$17.99

1936362542?profile=RESIZE_180x180BENSON'S CUCKOOS (GN)

STK644325.jpg?width=150Publisher: DRAWN & QUARTERLY

Writer/Art/Cover: ANOUK RICARD

From the author of Anna & Froga comes a wry, offbeat whodunnit that centers on office life. Richard thinks he’s in luck when he snags a job at the cuckoo clock factory, but things start to go wrong right off the bat. First of all, there’s his boss, who doesn’t seem to have the strongest grip on reality and has an odd penchant for silly hats. Then there are his coworkers, who are alternately evasive and idiotic when asked about anything pertaining to actually getting work done. Finally, there’s Guy, the employee Richard’s replacing, who supposedly quit, but whose family has just appeared on national TV pleading for his safe return. It’s all adding up to a very strange workplace, and when the company goes on a retreat, everything spools quickly out of control.

Anouk Ricard’s subtle, sardonic humor undermines the characters’ desperate attempts to be taken seriously, as they bungle kidnappings, misunderstand social cues, and let petty disagreements become feuds. Ricard’s dimwitted characters aspire to deviousness, but miss their mark, remaining firmly in the domain of the slapstick.

Mature/$19.95

1936362542?profile=RESIZE_180x180BLUE SHEEP REVERIE VOL 6 (GN)

STK643813.jpg?width=150Publisher: DIGITAL MANGA DISTRIBUTION

Writer/Art/Cover: Makoto Tateno

Kai and Lahti must battle at the height of their powers to ward off the advance of a military special force known as "Scatter." But when the ultimate bloodbath leads to an immeasurable loss, will these two men have the strength to rebound? And does a new team member promise help... or heartbreak? Blue Sheep Reverie hits fast and hard with the ongoing saga of a city seething with violence! Will men who live to fight ever find calm in the never-ending storm of bullets? And does true love stand a chance when every day might be your last?

Mature/$12.95

When I see a title like this, I start to wonder if some editor in Tokyo uses a random  word  generator to pick three words, then tells some poor author “Create a manga based on this.”

1936362542?profile=RESIZE_180x180BUCK ROGERS COMPLETE MURPHY ANDERSON SUNDAYS 1958-59 (HC)

STK635268.jpg?width=150Publisher: HERMES PRESS

Writer/Art/Cover: Murphy Anderson

Murphy Anderson was one of the seminal comic book storytellers who defined the Silver Age. In addition to his work on the Buck Rogers daily strip, he wrote and drew the Sunday version of the feature from 1958 to 1959 creating three continuities: "Search for Impervium"; "Supernova Threat"; and "California Earthquake Plot." These Sundays have never been reprinted anywhere and now, for the first time, are collected in their entirety together. This extra large volume collects Anderson's complete work on the Sundays and is supplemented by essays, original artwork, and extras.

$40.00

Did I know that Murphy Anderson worked on Buck Rogers? Probably, but I've never seen it until now.

1936362542?profile=RESIZE_180x180CALIBAN #4

STK644118.jpg?width=150Publisher: AVATAR PRESS INC

Writer: Garth Ennis

Art/Cover: Facundo Percio

Enter a world of creeping horror and unimaginable terror as GARTH ENNIS weaves a tale set in the frozen wastes of deep space.  The crew of the Caliban was satisfied in their own brand of denial about the safety of space travel.  But when the ship collides with an alien derelict they discover that true despair is something you have to experience to understand.  Now a frightening change is taking place and no one can stop it.  And even if you are able to survive it... the transformation will make you wish you hadn't.  This is sci-fi horror like you have never experienced!  Available with Regular, Wraparound, Terror, and Design Sketch Incentive covers by Facundo Percio and an ultra-limited Dark Matter edition of just 1500 copies.

Mature/$9.99

1936362542?profile=RESIZE_180x180CASE CLOSED VOL 51 (GN)

STK642940.jpg?width=150Publisher: VIZ MEDIA LLC

Writer/Art/Cover: Gosho Aoyama

Digging for clams at the beach, the Junior Detective League digs up a mystery instead. Did a depressed beachgoer commit suicide, or was he murdered by one of his friends? Then detective Richard Moore faces a challenge beyond his crime-fi ghting abilities: taking care of his ex-wife's new kitten! But the pesky furball leads him to the clues he needs to solve an impenetrable code. Could there be a new detective in town -- one even cuter than Conan?

Teen +/$9.99

1936362542?profile=RESIZE_180x180CHARLIE BROWN: POW! (TPB)

STK643822.jpg?width=150Publisher: AMP! COMICS FOR KIDS

Writer/Art/Cover: Charles M. Schulz

Put me in, Coach! The Peanuts gang is ready to play ball in this collection of baseball-themed comic strips. Some of the most popular Peanuts moments happen on the field and they're gathered here for a season full of enjoyment. As manager of the endlessly losing team, Charlie Brown soldiers on to keep his team's spirits up, while being constantly blown off the pitching mound in a clothes-exploding fashion. It doesn't help that his catcher is a musician by nature or that his shortstop is a dog. Not to mention that center-fielder Lucy can't keep her mouth shut long enough to know what's going on in the game! Put them all together and you get a game plan for laughs!

$9.99

1936362542?profile=RESIZE_180x180CROSSED BADLANDS #50 (MISTRESS COVER)

STK644177.jpg?width=150Publisher: AVATAR PRESS INC

Writer: Garth Ennis

Art: Christian Zanier

Cover: Gabriel Andrade

If you've been a bad boy, time to get punished -- Crossed style! Gabriel Andrade's ret hot cover is limited to just 850 copies.

Mature/$5.99

1936362542?profile=RESIZE_180x180D GRAY MAN 3-IN-1 VOL 4 (TPB)

STK642935.jpg?width=150Publisher: VIZ MEDIA LLC

Writer/Art/Cover: Katsura Hoshino

Amidst the fighting in Japan, the Millennium Earl goes after Lenalee until Allen makes a timely appearance. But their reunion is cut short when the earl traps the exorcists inside Noah's Ark. Now Allen and his friends have just three hours to fi nd a way out before they are lost forever!

Teen +/$14.99

"But their reunion is cut short when the earl traps the exorcists inside Noah's Ark."

Yeah, I hate when that happens.

1936362542?profile=RESIZE_180x180DEMON LOVE SPELL VOL 6 (GN)

STK642932.jpg?width=150Publisher: VIZ MEDIA LLC

Writer/Art/Cover: Mayu Shinjo

Shrine maiden Miko has sealed the powers of the sexy incubus Kagura, who has vowed to protect her. Kagura has been losing his powers ever since Miko's father cast a spell to prevent Kagura and Miko from making love. The spell must be broken for Kagura to survive, but will Miko's father relent?

Teen +/$9.99

1936362542?profile=RESIZE_180x180DISNEY FAIRIES VOL 15: SECRET WINGS (GN)

STK643877.jpg?width=150Publisher: PAPERCUTZ

Writer: Tea Orsi

Art/Cover: Manuela Razzi, Antonello Dalena

In Pixie Hollow, all the seasons flourish side by side, and past the Summer Meadow, just beyond the Autumn Wood lies an icy land of secrets! When Tinker Bell ventures into the Winter Woods, she discovers Periwinkle, her long-lost sister, but the happy reunion is short-lived when a mysterious freezing storm suddenly threatens the Pixie Dust Tree. Tink and her sister must find a way to work together and restore balance to the seasons if they hope to save Pixie Hollow.

The artistic duo behind the critically acclaimed graphic novel series Sybil The Backpack Fairy reunite in this thrilling adaptation of the hit feature film from Disney!

$7.99

1936362542?profile=RESIZE_180x180EMPTY MAN #2

STK644248.jpg?width=150Publisher: BOOM! STUDIOS

Writer: Cullen Bunn

Art/Cover: Vanesa Del

Agents Langford and Jensen have uncovered a hidden Witness Cult in the middle of American suburbia they suspect is behind the kidnappings plaguing the country, but will they catch up to Markoff and Patient Zero before the Empty Man virus strikes again?

$3.99

1936362542?profile=RESIZE_180x180ESSENTIAL DYKES TO WATCH OUT FOR (HC)

STK376766.jpg?width=250Publisher: HOUGHTON MIFFLIN COMPANY

Writer/Art/Cover: Alison Bechdel

For twenty-five years Bechdel's path-breaking Dykes to Watch Out For strip has been collected in award-winning volumes, syndicated in fifty alternative newspapers, and translated into many languages. Now, at last, The Essential Dykes to Watch Out For gathers a selection from all eleven Dykes volumes. Her brilliantly imagined countercultural band of friends fall in and out of love, negotiate friendships, raise children, switch careers, and cope with aging parents.

Mature/$25.00

This one’s been out for awhile -- must be a re-release. Well worth a look, as Bechdel is quite a talented cartoonist.

1936362542?profile=RESIZE_180x180FLOWERS OF EVIL VOL 10 (GN)

STK642587.jpg?width=150Publisher: VERTICAL INC

Writer/Art/Cover: Shuzo Oshimi

A lonely, bookish teen struggles to find his identity through Charles Baudelaire's poetry until two girls, a bully and the class beauty, help him realize true love and true friendship.

Mature/$10.95

Never read any Baudelaire. Wonder if he’s any good?

1936362542?profile=RESIZE_180x180FOSTER (GN)

STK643830.jpg?width=150Publisher: OSSM COMICS

Writer: Brian Buccellato

Art: Noel Tuazon

Cover: Brian Buccellato

Set against the backdrop of late '60s/early '70s urban crime movies, Foster follows a haunted war veteran who finds himself the guardian of a 6 year-old boy being hunted by a shadowy race of brutal creatures, rising up from the darkness.

Mature/$12.99

1936362542?profile=RESIZE_180x180FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST 3-IN-1 VOL 8 (TPB)

STK642947.jpg?width=150Publisher: VIZ MEDIA LLC

Writer/Art/Cover: Hiromu Arakawa

With the Day of Reckoning at hand, war breaks out in Central City. On one side, the homunculi and corrupt military; on the other, the Elric family, Ishbalan refugees, and a ragtag alliance of soldiers loyal to Major General Armstrong of Fort Briggs and Roy Mustang. While Hohenheim confronts the homunculi's "father," Mustang finally learns the truth about Hughes's murder. Will he be consumed by hatred and do the unthinkable ...

$14.99

1936362542?profile=RESIZE_180x180GEORGE R.R. MARTIN SKIN TRADE (TPB)

STK640910.jpg?width=150Publisher: AVATAR PRESS INC

Writers: George R. R. Martin, Daniel Abraham

Art/Cover: Mike Wolfer

The most popular fantasy author of the 21st Century, GEORGE R.R. MARTIN, brings his World Fantasy Award winning short story to graphic novels with SKIN TRADE! Randi Wade is a survivor. She followed in the footsteps of her father, became a cop, and now is working the P.I. trade. But her past still haunts her. What's worse, the vicious animal attacks that took her father's life have sprung up anew claiming victims once again in this sleepy town. Martin's unique creative voice spins a modern day classic horror tale of murder, werewolves, and bladed demons. Illustrated by long time horror comics creator MIKE WOLFER and adapted for comics by Martin's Hugo Award nominated collaborator DANIEL ABRAHAM, this graphic novel is a suspenseful master tale dripping with blood and revenge. Skin Trade represents the best of old school werewolf stories told with modern characters and action. From the creator of A GAME OF THRONES comes a graphic novel that will keep you guessing right up to the last page!

Mature/$14.99

1936362542?profile=RESIZE_180x180

• GRIMM FAIRY TALES: AGE OF DARKNESS VOL 1 (TPB)

STK643171.jpg?width=150Publisher: ZENESCOPE ENTERTAINMENT INC

Writer: Patrick Shand & Various

Art: Sergio Osuna, Antonio Bifulco

Cover: Jamie Tyndall

The Age of Darkness has descended upon the Grimm Universe! All hell is about to break loose as the Dark Horde prepares to wage war on Earth. The evil Dark Queen has risen again and now the table is set as she will set in motion a plan that will have terrifying and lasting ramifications on the Grimm Universe.

This 160-page Trade Paperback collects The Dark Queen: Age of Darkness and Grimm Fairy Tales issues 94 through 98.

$15.99

1936362542?profile=RESIZE_180x180GRIMM FAIRY TALES: GIANT SIZE 2014

STK643179.jpg?width=160STK643181.jpg?width=1501936362542?profile=RESIZE_180x180STK643182.jpg?width=150Publisher: ZENESCOPE ENTERTAINMENT INC

Writer: Patrick Shand

Art: Joel Ojeda

Cover A: Renato Rei

Cover B: Pasquale Qualano

Cover C: Mike Krome

The countdown to GRIMM FAIRY TALES #100 continues!

Sela has been faced with many unstoppable enemies, and she has always beaten the odds ... but how can she survive an onslaught from all of her greatest foes at once? As Robyn, Shang, and Gideon race to save Sela, the villains of the Grimm Universe join together for a plan too horrible to imagine.

PART TWO of the FOUR-PART STORY LEADING INTO GRIMM FAIRY TALES #100!

*Age of Darkness Tie-in

$5.99

1936362542?profile=RESIZE_180x180GRIMM FAIRY TALES #99

STK642973.jpg?width=150STK642974.jpg?width=150STK642975.jpg?width=1501936362542?profile=RESIZE_180x180STK643128.jpg?width=150STK643129.jpg?width=150Publisher: ZENESCOPE ENTERTAINMENT INC

Writer: Joe Brusha

Art: Joel Ojeda

Cover A: Artgerm

Cover B: Emilio Laiso

Cover C: Jason Metcalf

Cover D: Marat Mychaels

Cover E: Talent Caldwell

The truth behind HiboCorp's plans are revealed! Sela lies at the mercy of the Dark Queen. Robyn, Shang, and Gideon are joined by Red and Agent Ciampo, but can how can they prevent the Age of Darkness from coming when it appears that the Dark Horde had already won?

*AGE OF DARKNESS Tie-in

Mature/$2.99

1936362542?profile=RESIZE_180x180GRIMM FAIRY TALES: REALM KNIGHTS -- AGE OF DARKNESS

STK643188.jpg?width=150STK643189.jpg?width=150STK643190.jpg?width=1501936362542?profile=RESIZE_180x180STK643191.jpg?width=150Publisher: ZENESCOPE ENTERTAINMENT INC

Art: Marco Lorenzana

Cover A: Barry Kitson

Cover B: Jonathan Lam

Cover C: Tina Valentino

Cover D: Giuseppe Cafaro

The Realm Knights have been called on for a deadly mission. HiboCorp has located the Dark Queen and Red, Helsing, Neptune, Cross, and Sela are sent in to take her out for good. However, as they head into the fight of their lives, they remain unaware that one of their own has already betrayed them.
    Do not miss this game-changing issue of Realm Knights.
    *Age of Darkness Tie-in

$5.99

1936362542?profile=RESIZE_180x180GRIMM FAIRY TALES: ROBYN HOOD LEGEND #5

STK642979.jpg?width=150STK642980.jpg?width=1501936362542?profile=RESIZE_180x180STK642981.jpg?width=150Publisher: ZENESCOPE ENTERTAINMENT INC

Art: Larry Watts

Cover A: Abhishek Malsuni

Cover B: Matt Triano

Cover C: Chris Ehnot

The final issue of the acclaimed Robyn Hood trilogy.

The end is here. Robyn's battle with the Sheriff of Nottingham is over. As the city of Nottingham is ravaged from rebellion, left to pick up the pieces and rebuild, our surviving heroes prepare for a new journey.

$2.99

1936362542?profile=RESIZE_180x180GRIMM FAIRY TALES: SWIMSUIT SPECIAL 2014

STK643203.jpg?width=165STK643204.jpg?width=1501936363318?profile=RESIZE_180x180STK643205.jpg?width=150Publisher: ZENESCOPE ENTERTAINMENT INC

Writer: Meredith Finch

Art: Various

Cover A: Vincenzo Cucca

Cover B: Ted Hammond

Cover C: R.B. White

The ultra-popular Grimm Fairy Tales Swimsuit Issue returns!

With over 20 new pinups of Zenescope characters donning swimwear on the hottest destinations in the Grimm Universe, the 2014 swimsuit edition also includes a  bonus 10 page story: When Sela and Robyn Hood set out on a much needed spring break vacation, they discover a nefarious plot to turn the partying co-eds into minions of darkness.

$4.99

They're not even pretending any more, are they?

I remember Marvel doing something like this years ago. I might even still have it somewhere.

1936362542?profile=RESIZE_180x180GHOST WOLF #3

1936363421?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: AMIGO COMICS

Writer: EL TORRES

Art: SIKU, LOREN LORENTE

Cover: LOREN LORENTE

(W) El Torres (A) Siku, Loren Lorente (CA) Loren Lorente

32 pages, FC, $3.99

With the death of Kerunnos and the Ghost Wolf vanished, an ancient evil awakes. The Hungry Ones wander through the Northern Wastes once more, devouring everything in their path, reaching the pacific tribes of the hills. But a new Wolf avatar fights the old demons. A woman called Mara. Warrior. Mother. Impostor.

Something about this cover makes me think of Tim Truman's art, but I couldn't tell you why.1936362542?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936365840?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936367689?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936369659?profile=RESIZE_180x180

1936369837?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936372303?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936363318?profile=RESIZE_180x180GOD IS DEAD #7 (ATHENA COVER)

STK644176.jpg?width=150Publisher: AVATAR PRESS INC

Writer: Mike Costa

Art: Juan Frigeri

Cover: Jacen Burrows

JACEN BURROWS gives us a glimpse at the anger of Athena! Limited 750 copies.

Mature/$5.99

1936363318?profile=RESIZE_180x180GOLDEN AGE GREATS SPOTLIGHT VOL 15

STK638330.jpg?width=150Publisher: AC COMICS

Writers: Robert Turner & Various

Art: Matt Baker & Various

Cover: Alex Schomburg

More of the best Golden Age "good girl art" comics! Rarities include Fox's Purple Tigress; Chesler's Spider Woman; Jun-Gal and Spitfire Saunders! Also Flyin' Jenny, Wildfire, Voodah, Sally O'neill, Torchy, Woman In Red, Blonde Bomber, Mitzi, Zegra, Tangii. and more! Art by Baker, Powell, Mooney, Ward, Elgin and other greats!

$29.95

1936363318?profile=RESIZE_180x180HAGANAI: I DON'T HAVE MANY FRIENDS -- MORE FAIL (GN)

STK639919.jpg?width=150Publisher: SEVEN SEAS ENTERTAINMENT LLC

Writer; Chirow Kazahana

Art/Cover: Shirabi

The plot thickens in this hilarious oneshot spin-off of New York Times bestseller Haganai: I Don't Have Many Friends! This volume is a collection of hilarious short stories that each focus on a different cast member. Recent high school transfer student Hasegawa Kodaka is pathetically inept at making friends. When he comes across the brash loner Mikazuki Yozora, who typically chats with her imaginary friend, the two outsiders become the unlikeliest of allies. Realizing that they have no hope of a normal social life, the two rejects decide to form a group called "The Neighbor's Club" in order to make friends. Will these quirky misfits ever make normal friends, or are they all doomed to social failure?

Mature/$12.99

1936363318?profile=RESIZE_180x180HAUNTED #3

STK641263.jpg?width=150Publisher: RED 5 COMICS

Writer: Scott Chitwood

Art/Cover: Danny Luckert

Hostile human survivors capture Sarah and her friends in the ruins of New York City. But Abaddon and the ghosts of the spiritual realm aren't going to wait to see our heroes finished off. A turning point in the fate of the Earth takes place in the ensuing battle.

$3.50

I wish just one of these stories would take place in the ruins of some other city than New York. What's wrong with the ruins of Buffalo, or Moscow?

1936363318?profile=RESIZE_180x180HILDA & THE BIRD PARADE (GN)

STK642965.jpg?width=150Publisher: NOBROW PRESS

Writer/Art/Cover: Luke Pearson

Getting used to life in the big city is proving difficult for Hilda. The diminutive explorer is still missing the enchanted valleys and magical friends that surrounded her home in the fjords. But tonight is somehow different; tonight is the night of the mysterious Bird Parade. Finding herself lost on the streets of Trolberg, Hilda befriends a talking raven. Together they encounter all manner of bizarre creatures from outcast Trolls to ferocious Salt Lions and deadly Rat Kings -- maybe the city isn't so boring after all. As the pair try to find their way home, it becomes clear that the amnesiac raven has an important mission to attend to, if only he could remember what it was.

$24.00

1936363318?profile=RESIZE_180x180HILDA & THE BLACK HOUND (GN)

STK642960.jpg?width=150Publisher: NOBROW PRESS

In Hilda's new adventure from the multiple Eisner award nominated Luke Pearson, our little lady meets the Nisse: a mischievous but charismatic bunch of misfits who occupy a world beside -- but also somehow within -- our own, where the rules of physics don't quite match up. Meanwhile, on the streets of Trolberg, a dark spector looms!

$24.00

I meant to Google this character, but ran out of time. Anybody know anything about her?

1936363318?profile=RESIZE_180x180HILDA & THE MIDNIGHT GIANT (GN)

STK642961.jpg?width=150Publisher: NOBROW PRESS

Hilda finds her world turned upside down as she faces the prospect of having to leave her snowcapped birthplace for the hum of the megalopolis. But why do the "Hidden Elves" want her to leave? Why is it that only she can see them? And who is the giant that turns up in the night? This new edition includes an exciting illustrated glossary of giants!

$24.00

1936363318?profile=RESIZE_180x180HILDA & THE TROLL (GN)

STK642962.jpg?width=150Publisher: NOBROW PRESS

A new edition of Hilda's first magical adventure in the land of Trolberg, by British Comic Award winner Luke Pearson. Hilda can never sit still for long without setting off on another adventure. She can't resist exploring her enchanting world, a place where trolls walk, crows speak, and mountains move. While on an expedition to illustrate the magical creatures of the mountains around her home, Hilda spots a mountain troll. As the blue-haired explorer sits and sketches, she slowly starts to nod off. By the time she wakes up, the troll has totally disappeared and, even worse, Hilda is lost in a snowstorm. On her way home, Hilda befriends a lonely wooden man, and narrowly avoids getting squashed by a lost giant.

$18.95

1936363318?profile=RESIZE_180x180HOPE LARSON: MERCURY (NEW PTG GN)

STK643313.jpg?width=150Publisher: ATHENEUM BOOKS

Writer/Art/Cover: Hope Larson

Two girls, born 150 years apart, find themselves joined together in an adventure that spans time. There is treasure in the woods that belong to Josey's family in the 1850s. Asa has a secret way of finding it, and his partnership with Josey's father could make them all rich. But there is darkness in the woods, and in Asa. And in the present day, Tara, Josey's descendent, is about to discover the truth about what really happened in the family's past.

$12.99

1936363318?profile=RESIZE_180x180HOW TO SURVIVE SHARKNADO & OTHER UNNATURAL DISASTERS

STK642606.jpg?width=150Publisher: THREE RIVERS PRESS

Writer/Art/Cover: Andrew Shaffer

In a post-apocalyptic world where Mother Nature is angry and monsters are hungry, danger waits at every turn. Now, in conjunction with Syfy, How To Survive a Sharknado And Other Unnatural Disasters will be the official guide to surviving all of the monsters and disasters, from sharks spinning in a tornado to ungodly creatures like the Piranhaconda, that Mother Nature can throw our way. The book features both monsters and disasters, vital information about each, and how to stay alive when they hit. You've been warned, now be prepared.

$14.99

1936363318?profile=RESIZE_180x180JULES VERNE'S 20000 LEAGUES UNDER THE SEA (SALE BOOK GN)

STK643418.jpg?width=150Publisher: FLESK PUBLICATIONS

Art/Cover: Gary Gianni

Previously Offered at $24.95! Gary Gianni's graphic novelization of Jules Verne's 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea retains the sense of wondrous adventure, while sacrificing nothing by way of plot or the finer nuances of character. This finely distilled narrative combines skillfully rendered depictions of the men and the machines they command. This oversized, hardbound volume will also include the full text of "The Sea Raiders," a short story by H.G. Wells.

$9.95

1936363318?profile=RESIZE_180x180KINOKOINU MUSHROOM PUP VOL 1 (GN)

STK643814.jpg?width=150Publisher: DIGITAL MANGA DISTRIBUTION

Writer/Art/Cover: Kimama Aoboshi

A depressed author ... a concerned editor ... an eccentric mushroom researcher ... and a strange pink mushroom ... that turns into a dog?! Put this all together and you get Mushroom Pup!

Mushroom Pup tells the heart-warming tale of the power of friendship, a dog's love, and the dangers of dwelling on regrets. With the help of his friends and the mysterious Mushroom Pup, Hotaru Yuyami, a grieving picture book author, slowly begins to move forward after the tragic loss of his beloved dog, Hanako. Full of laughs and warm moments, Mushroom Pup is sure to find a place in your heart.

$12.95

Again – random word generator.

1936363318?profile=RESIZE_180x180

• LEGEND OF BOLD RILEY #2

STK640982.jpg?width=150Publisher: NORTHWEST PRESS

Writer: Leia Weathington

Art: Zack Giallongo

Cover: Terry Blas

Bold Riley, still reeling from a tragic loss, continues southward with no real destination or purpose. On the desolate Broken Head Moors, she's rescued from a terrible storm by an aged weaver whose fantastic tapestries may foretell the shape of what's to come.

$4.99

I believe Legionnaire Ogilvie is reading this one. Let us know if it's good, Mark!

1936363318?profile=RESIZE_180x180LIFE AFTER #1

STK643254.jpg?width=150STK646696.jpg?width=150Publisher: ONI PRESS INC.

Writer: Joshua Hale Fialkov

Art: Gabo

Cover A: Nick Pitarra

Cover B: Gabo

In an infinite city built on infinite sadness, there is one man capable of breaking free.  He will go through Heaven and Hell to save us all. Literally. A fantastical coming of age journey through the afterlife and beyond from Joshua Hale Fialkov (THE BUNKER, THE ULTIMATES) and breakout artist Gabo, with covers by Nick Pitarra (THE MANHATTAN PROJECTS, THE RED WING).

Mature/$3.99

1936363812?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936366121?profile=RESIZE_320x3201936366203?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936366312?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936368408?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936370640?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936370784?profile=RESIZE_180x180

1936363318?profile=RESIZE_180x180LOLA XOXO #3

STK642070.jpg?width=150STK642071.jpg?width=150Publisher: ASPEN MLT INC

Writer/Art/Cover A: Siya Oum

Cover B: Jordan Gunderson

Aspen's newest hit series continues!

Lola departs on her first trading route, leaving the confines of New York City along with the Wasteland Trading Company. However, the perils that exist on the road can prove to be even worse than the city-and deadly. Meanwhile, Conrad decides to take matters into his own hands and find a way to go after Lola-at all costs!

One of 2014's most exciting debuts, LOLA XOXO is ready to take you on an incredible adventure unlike any other!

$3.99

1936363318?profile=RESIZE_180x180LUMBERJANES #4

STK644253.jpg?width=150Publisher: BOOM! STUDIOS

Writer: Grace Ellis, Noelle Stevenson

Art: Brooke A. Allen

Cover: Noelle Stevenson

After a lot of convincing, the girls are able to agree to get Jen to take them on a hike. Making their way up to the tower and hoping to finally get some answers, they make their way closer only to be stopped by the neighboring boy camp! April, Mal, Molly, Jo and Ripley have to figure out how to get to the tower, even if they have to use Jen as a distraction to do it.

$3.991936363318?profile=RESIZE_180x180

MAGIC WHISTLE #14

STK641070.jpg?width=150Publisher: ALTERNATIVE COMICS

Writer/Art: Sam Henderson

Cover: Sam Henderson, Jess Ruliffson

Sam Henderson (Scene But Not Heard, Spongebob Squarepants) returns to his long-running humor anthology for older readers with his cast of knuckleheads. Mr. He Aims to Please, Dirty Danny and Monroe Simmons all show up in this hilarious collection. Sex, drugs and Nancy comics all get sent up in the classic Henderson fashion. Back cover painted by Jess Ruliffson.

Mature/$4.99

1936363318?profile=RESIZE_180x180MIDNIGHT SECRETARY VOL 6 (GN)

STK642929.jpg?width=150Publisher: VIZ MEDIA LLC

Writer/Art/Cover: Tomu Ohmi

Kyohei has finally admitted that he loves Kaya, and he's even stopped feeding on other women. But even though they've worked out their personal issues, their dual roles as boss/secretary and vampire/human are still a huge hurdle to overcome. Can Kaya and Kyohei stand up to the disapproval of the business world and the vampire world?!

Mature/$9.99

"Kyohei has finally admitted that he loves Kaya, and he's even stopped feeding on other women."

I suppose that’s a big issue in vampire relationships – “Don’t you lie to me! I recognize your teeth marks on her neck, mister!”

1936363318?profile=RESIZE_180x180MOOMIN: THE COMPLETE LARS JANSSON COMIC STRIP VOL 9 (HC)

STK644328.jpg?width=150Publisher: DRAWN AND QUARTERLY

Writer/Art/Cover: LARS JANSSON

“[Moomin is] a quirky, original comic strip masterpiece ...” -- Myla Goldberg

Moomin: The Complete Lars Jansson Comic Strip, Book Nine welcomes readers back to the beloved world of Moominvalley, where pancakes and jam are a perfectly acceptable supper and a damsel in distress can live in a pre-fabricated castle. The ninth volume of Tove and Lars Jansson’s classic comic strip features the beloved “Fuddler and Married Life” story. Together, the four stories in this collection display the poignancy, whimsy, and philosophical bent that constitute the Moomins’ enduring appeal.

$19.95

Are the residents of Moominvalley supposed to look like hippopotami? 'Cause they do.

1936363318?profile=RESIZE_180x180MY LOVE STORY VOL 1 (GN)

STK642934.jpg?width=150Publisher: VIZ MEDIA LLC

Writer/Art/Cover: Kazune Kawahara

Takeo Goda is a giant guy with a giant heart. Too bad the girls don't want him! (They want his goodlooking best friend, Sunakawa.) Used to being on the sidelines, Takeo simply stands tall and accepts his fate. But one day when he saves a girl named Yamato from a harasser on the train, his (love!) life suddenly takes an incredible turn! Takeo can hardly believe it when his path crosses with Yamato again, and he fi nds himself falling in love with her. ... But with handsome Sunakawa around, does Takeo even stand a chance?

Teen/$9.99

1936363318?profile=RESIZE_180x180NANCY DREW DIARIES VOL 2 (GN)

STK643919.jpg?width=150Publisher: PAPERCUTZ

Writer: Stefan Petrucha

Art/Cover: Sho Murase

River Heights is celebrating Nostalgia Week and everyone in town is dressing up and acting like it was 1930 - including Nancy, Bess, and George! Wait 'till you see Nancy in her roadster! But when crimes in Emma Blavatsky's antique dollhouse start coming true, Nancy has a full-blown mystery on her hands in "The Haunted Dollhouse." Then, Nancy gets a call for help late one night from a tech support girl she befriended over the phone. When the line goes dead, Nancy is determined to get to the bottom of things. Soon, Nancy, her dad, and friends George and Bess are on their way to India to find Kalpana, "The Girl Who Wasn't There."

$9.99

1936363318?profile=RESIZE_180x180NARUTO VOL 66 (GN)

STK642939.jpg?width=150Publisher: VIZ MEDIA LLC

Writer/Art/Cover: Masashi Kishimoto

The ninja war approaches its climax as the revived Hokage head to the battlefield in order to stop Obito and Madara. Naruto will have to team up with his dad in order to save the ninja world. But what dark tricks does Obito have up his sleeve ...?

$9.99

1936363318?profile=RESIZE_180x180NEOZOIC TRADERS GAMBIT #4

STK628555.jpg?width=150Publisher: RED 5 COMICS

Writer: Paul Ens

Art/Cover: J. Korim

The Predator Defense League must face an enemy in their own ranks. In the midst of the dinosaur destruction at the swap meet, Lilli recruits a team to pursue the perpetrators, leading her to discover the last thing anyone ever expected!

$3.50

1936363318?profile=RESIZE_180x180NISEKOI: FALSE LOVE VOL 4 (GN)

STK642936.jpg?width=150Publisher: VIZ MEDIA LLC

Writer/Art/Cover: Naoshi Komi

It's hate at first sight when Raku Ichijo first meets Chitoge Kirisaki. But much to their chagrin, the two are forced into a false love relationship to keep the peace between their feuding gangster families. Meanwhile, Raku's still hung up on the girl he made a promise to ten years ago, keeping a pendant around his neck as a memento. The girl, in turn, holds the key that opens the pendant. To Raku's surprise, he discovers two girls have keys from a promise they also make ten years ago, Chitoge and his current crush Onodera! Making matters worse, another girl with a key appears on the scene ...

$9.99

1936363318?profile=RESIZE_180x180NOT THE ISRAEL MY PARENTS PROMISED ME (TPB)

STK642730.jpg?width=150Publisher: HILL & WANG

Writer: Harvey Pekar

Art/Cover: J. T. Waldman

In Harvey Pekar's final memoir, he recounts the entire history of the Jews to explain how he lost his faith in the state of Israel. Pekar grew up a staunch supporter of the Jewish state, but as he grew up he confronted more and more questions his parents couldn't answer. Not the Israel My Parents Promised Me interweaves Pekar's gradual disaffection with the modern state of Israel with a comprehensive history of the Jews, from biblical times to the present, as Pekar and the book's illustrator, JT Waldman, wrestle with the mythologies and realities surrounding the Jewish homeland.

$16.00

Ooh, this looks interesting!

1936363318?profile=RESIZE_180x180THE PHANTOM: THE CHARLTON YEARS VOL 3

STK520155.jpg?width=150Publisher: HERMES PRESS

Writer: Joe Gill

Art/Cover: Pat Boyette

The early 1970s comic book adventures of The Phantom return in full, glorious color! Hermes Press is collecting all 74 issues of The Phantom comic books published from 1962-1977, and this is the third volume of the Charlton years. The Charlton comic book version of the grand-daddy of costumed heroes, The Ghost Who Walks, is available again, digitally remastered to look better than the original books.  Reprints issues #48-56; cover artwork by Pat Boyette; stories by Joe Gill.

$49.99

This has been delayed for quite a while. But with its appearance, I think the entirety of Phantom comics books through the 1970s have been reprinted. I don't think the Ghost Who Walks sees the inside of a comic book again until Marvel's Defenders of the Earth miniseries in 1987. After that, Marvel and DC toss The Phantom back and forth for a little while. Moonstone re-launched the character in the early 2000s, and did a lot of books before Dynamite took over in 2010. Supposedly Hermes is going to do an original Phantom miniseries in September, which makes one wonder who has the rights, or partial rights, or what.

1936363318?profile=RESIZE_180x180PHANTOM THIEF JEANNE VOL 3 (GN)

STK642931.jpg?width=150Publisher: VIZ MEDIA LLC

Writer/Art/Cover: Arina Tanemura

A stranger has witnessed Jeanne's transformation, and Maron worries that the police will soon fi nd out her real identity. Chiaki again asks Maron to go out with him, but she refuses because they are on opposing sides. But if Chiaki is truly her enemy, why is he asking his partner, Access, if he's been working for the Demon Lord?

Teen +/$10.99

1936363318?profile=RESIZE_180x180POKEMON ADV BLACK & WHITE VOL 4 (GN)

STK642927.jpg?width=150Publisher: PERFECT SQUARE

Writer: Hidenori Kusaki

Art/Cover: Satoshi Yamamoto

Pokémon Trainer Black meets White, a Pokémon Trainer who runs a growing talent agency for performing Pokémon. Will Black catch show biz fever too? Meanwhile, mysterious Team Plasma is urging everyone to release their beloved Pokémon into the wild! What are they thinking? A thrilling meeting with one of the Elite Four strains Black's brain. Then, it's opening night for White's Pokémon musical! Will everything go off without a hitch ...? Not likely! And what will happen when another Trainer lures away White's star performer, Tepig Gigi? (Age Rating: A)

$9.99

1936363318?profile=RESIZE_180x180POKEMON ADVENTURES VOL 23: FIRERED LEAFGREEN (GN)

STK642925.jpg?width=150Publisher: PERFECT SQUARE

Writer/Art/Cover: Hidenori Kusaka

Just as Green is about to meet her long-lost parents, they are sucked into a vortex created by a mysterious Pokémon! Red and Blue want to help, but fi rst they must improve their battle skills. Then, the Three Beasts of Team Rocket are up to their old tricks again! Which former enemy will unexpectedly come to our friends' aid...? (Age Rating: A)

$9.99

1936363318?profile=RESIZE_180x180RANMA 1/2 2-IN-1 VOL 3 (TPB)

STK642941.jpg?width=150Publisher: VIZ MEDIA LLC

Writer/Art/Cover: Rumiko Takahashi

Contains volumes 5 and 6!

Chinese Amazon warrior Shampoo hasn't given up on Ranma yet - only instead of killing him, she now wants to marry him! There are just a few obstacles in the way of their future happiness, though, starting with a childhood phobia of Ranma's and followed by Shampoo's suitor, Mousse, martial arts master of hidden weapons. Can Ranma escape Shampoo's soap opera? Or a better question might be, does he even want to?

$14.99

1936363318?profile=RESIZE_180x180RINGWORLD PART 1 (GN)

STK643087.jpg?width=150Publisher: TOR BOOKS

Writers: Larry Niven, Robert Mandell

Art/Cover: Sean Lam

A modern science fiction classic, Ringworld won the Hugo and Nebula Awards for best novel in 1970. Now this SF classic is adapted into a thrilling manga adventure. Two-hundred-year-old human Louis Wu is recruited by a two-headed alien named Nessus to join him, a felinoid warrior alien named Speaker-to-Animals, and the infinitely lucky human Teela Brown to explore an alien artifact. They find a Ringworld, a ribbon millions of miles long built around a distant sun. The civilization has fallen into savagery, though, and after crashing into the Ringworld, Louis must come up with a clever plan to get back to known space, hundreds of light years away.

$15.99

1936363318?profile=RESIZE_180x180RIN-NE VOL 15 (GN)

STK642943.jpg?width=150Publisher: VIZ MEDIA LLC

Writer/Art/Cover: Rumiko Takahashi

The Damashigami Renge has moved into the room next to Rinne's in the old club building. Renge has been giving away lucky cell phone charm straps for free, and as a result, Rinne's losing business! With everyone around Renge getting caught up in her affairs, Rinne has his work cut out for him!

$9.99

1936363318?profile=RESIZE_180x180ROBERT JORDAN EYE OF THE WORLD VOL 5 (HC)

STK642771.jpg?width=150Publisher: TOR BOOKS

Writers: Chuck Dixon, Robert Jordan

Art: Marcio Fiorito, Francis Nuguit

Cover: Marcio Fiorito

Separated by attacks by Darkfriends and scattered across the lands, Rand al'Thor and his friends and companions persevere, making their way to Caemlyn, where they hope to be reunited. But their roads have grown ever more dangerous. Lan, Moiraine, and Nynaeve rescue Perrin and Egwene from the Whitecloaks.  But five traveling together attract more attention than two or three traveling on their own! Collects issues #25-30 of the Eye of the World comic book.

$24.99

1936363318?profile=RESIZE_180x180SACRED BLACKSMITH VOL 5 (GN)

STK639917.jpg?width=150Publisher: SEVEN SEAS ENTERTAINMENT LLC

Writer: Isao Miura

Art/Cover: Kotaro Yamada

Like her father and grandfather before her, Cecily Campbell has entered the knighthood and joined the ranks of the Knight Guards of Houseman. Eager to do her heritage proud and defend her city, Cecily rushes to the marketplace to stop a madman from terrorizing the populace. She quickly realizes, however, that she is hopelessly outmatched and ill-prepared for an actual fight. A lone figure named Luke Ainsworth swoops to the rescue, a swordsman and blacksmith of much renown, who will repair the broken sword Cecily has inherited from her father and take her down a road of perilous adventure beyond her wildest dreams.

Mature/$13.99

1936363318?profile=RESIZE_180x180

This reply was deleted.