With England about to start their campaign against India, in India, does anyone rate their chances of winning even one test? 

I have a feeling this could be the only post on this subject. By the way, yes its strange, me being Scottish and all but I enjoy cricket.  And Rugby League, American football (NFL and college), Aussie Rules (now that's fast, furious, skillful and sometimes breathtaking to watch), baseball but I really dislike football (soccer).

Views: 350

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The interaction between the bowlers and the batsmen might be more complex in cricket, because there's more each can do. (Do batters in baseball have control over where the ball goes, or does it get to them too fast for that?)

Cricket games are longer, even one day matches. Tests are often played as a series; Australia and England regularly play a series of five known as the Ashes. One day matches have extra rules governing the fielding to encourage quicker scoring.

In Australia it's international cricket that is followed avidly. In England and India there are significant local competitions. Australian players often spend part of their careers playing for local English sides.

Now we have 20/twenty cricket and it's unbelievably popular in India.  20 overs each makes it about the same time as a baseball game.  Have a look at the IPL site:-

http://www.iplt20.com/videos/media/id/0ae924b6be314c679f17aceb74253...

These are the wickets that fell in the final.  You'll also find short videos of the sixes hit and other stuff.

This is already a seriously popular version of the game in most cricket playing nations, even though it lacks the sheer drama of test cricket and annoys purists, but it is entertaining.

I made an error; when the ball hits the boundary in cricket it's regarded as out of play, so presumably the players couldn't have continued running until it was returned as I stated.

If the ball hits the boundary rope it's a 4 and no need for the batsmen to run.  If the ball clears the boundary without bouncing first, it's 6 runs.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2020   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service