Crisis on Infinite Earths -- SPOILERS!!

The "Supergirl -- Season 5 SPOILERS!!" thread was starting to turn into a "Crisis on Infinite Earths" thread, so I figured somebody ought to start one.

"Crisis on Infinite Earths" is this year's annual Arrowverse crossover on the CW, which will include Arrow, The Flash, Legends of Tomorrow, Supergirl and Batwoman.

Here's a comprehensive rundown of what is known about it, from Too Fab: "Everything We Know About the Arrowverse 'Crisis' Crossover: 'Kingdom Come, Burt Ward, Anti-Monitor and More!"

You need to be a member of Captain Comics to add comments!

Join Captain Comics

Replies

• As noted in the "Supergirl -- Season 5 SPOILERS!!"  thread, 

Rob Staeger (Grodd Mod) said:

I just read that not only will Tyler Hoechlin be back to play Superman for the Infinite Crisis crossover... but so will Brandon Routh!

ClarkKent_DC said:

It's true!

From Deadline: "Tyler Hoechlin & Brandon Routh to Suit Up As Superman for Arrowverse Crossover on The CW"

Supergirl never could resist stunt casting, but this is actually pretty sharp.

• Also noted in the "Supergirl -- Season 5 SPOILERS!!"  thread, 

ClarkKent_DC said:

It gets even better: From SyFy Wire: "ORIGINAL ROBIN BURT WARD TO APPEAR ON BATWOMAN’S ARROWVERSE CROSSOVER EPISODE"

• More news, from Comicbook.com: "Tom Cavanagh to Play Pariah in Crisis on Infinite Earths"

• From Entertainment (We Don't Know How to Use a Calendar) Weekly:  "Elizabeth Tulloch will return as Lois Lane in 'Crisis on Infinite ...

• For those who don't watch all the Arrowverse shows, each of them ended this last season with a tease to Crisis:

• Arrow: In the near future, The Monitor arrives after Mia's birth and reminds Oliver of his deal in last year's crossover, that he would "do whatever the multiverse requires." That means dealing with the Crisis, and The Monitor says that he has seen Oliver's death, and nothing can change that. He takes Oliver away. In 2040, The Monitor appears to take a 21-year-older Felicity to "be with" Oliver, whatever that means.
    • The Flash: The season ended with a new timeline overwriting the old one, eliminating Nora West-Allen from history and freeing Zoom in Nora's future, where he was about to be executed by the authorities. "See you in the next Crisis!" he tells Barry, which Barry doesn't understand but we do. Or Maybe Barry does understand, because ever since the first season we've been teased with a newspaper front page that tells of The Flash's disappearance under red skies during some sort of "crisis." The newspaper has always been dated 2024. But the new timeline changed the date to ... 2019.
    • Supergirl: The Monitor appears with a hooded figure and tells him that he can finally avenge himself on the brother who wronged him. The other figure removes his hood and he's a green Martian. No, he's not T'omm J'onzz, who appeared once in the 1950s as J'onn's brother, which is a tragedy. The credits call him Malefic J'onzz. The Monitor leaves, saying he has one more stop to make. He appears before Lex Luthor's dead body, and takes it with him.
    • Legends: The Monitor appears in the audience as the Legends perform at Heyworld. He eats popcorn and watches the show. This is my absolute favorite appearance so far.
  • I can't pinpoint it, but in some recent(?) episode Flash and Supergirl were running and were in danger of disintegrating. They stopped in time, but they were flickering. I see this as an homage to their deaths in the original Infinite Crisis.

• I'm a bit behind in posting casting updates:

Entertainment Weekly-But-Not-Really has a roundup: "Everything We Know About the Arrowverse's 'Crisis On Infinite Earths' Crossover So Far"

From Newsarama: "TOM WELLING Back as CLARK KENT for CW's CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS"

Another from EW"Erica Durance to Reprise Smallville Role in Arrowverse's 'Crisis on Infinite Earths'"

Another from EW"Why Smallville Alum Michael Rosenbaum Won't Play Lex Luthor for 'Crisis on Infini...

From TV Line: "Birds of Prey's Ashley Scott Will Bring Huntress to the Arrowverse 'Crisis'"

• This is neither here nor there, but I noticed a $1 reprint of Crisis on Infinite Earths #1 shipped this week.

• Because everything is, ultimately, about me, here's my latest column on "Crisis." I think it came out the week of Aug. 18, so the casting comments above have more information.

So far, all the information about Tom Welling keeps mentioning that he will reprise his role as Clark Kent. I can't believe they'd have him on set and NOT put him in a Super-suit, especially with two others running around (Brandon Routh, Tyler Hoechlin). But I have noticed that consistency, and thought it worth mention.

Too bad about Michael Rosenbaum -- seeing him try to out-evil Jon Cryer would have been fun. But to be honest, the one past actor I really want to see is Justin Hartley as the Smallville Green Arrow. For one thing, the "death of Green Arrow" could mean HIM and not Stephen Amell.

• Osric Chau to play the Atom

This reply was deleted.