Views: 319

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I did like that particular battle, and really all of the fight scenes from this series. They remind me of one aspect of Frank Miller’s earliest work on the comic book series. Before Miller, I don’t think a lot of artists paid much attention to the choreography of their fight scenes. The one thing that stuck me about Miller’s early work was that it was so cinematic. He’s use an establishing shot to place Daredevil’s opponents in particular places around a room, then have Daredevil drop them one by one. At the end of the fight, each opponent was where the reader would expect him to be relative to where he was dropped. I can’t think of another artist before Miller who used that kind of cinematic choreography (not in a superhero comic book, anyway).

I watched episode 4 on October 6 but haven't watched an episode since. I even took a half page of notes, but they don't make a lot of sense to me now. Most of episode 4 was a flashback to Powerman's origin, with a framing device set in the present. I actually think it would work better as a first episode, with foreshadowing of things to come. I would even recommend someone new to the show watching the fourth episode first. I plan to resume with episode five (or maybe four again) this weekend.

So I've watched through episode five and I'm just not feeling it. Will I miss out on any big plot points if I wait until season 3 to pick things up?

Wilson Fisk is involved. Hang in there. I think you'll be glad you did.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2019   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service