Starting with a 2-issue miniseries, DC Millennium, which walks the reader through 1,000 years, ending at the Legion's doorstep. Millennium is by Brian Bendis and a variety of artists (one for each time period), and the Legion proper will by by Bendis and Ryan Sook. There's an interview with Bendis about his plans on Comicbook.com. 

You need to be a member of Captain Comics to add comments!

Join Captain Comics

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• A new Legion book by Brian Micael Bendis.

The very definition of ambivalence!

• Sorry to hear that, man. I'm ALL IN on this baby. There's not a writer I'd rather see on the project. 

(But that's exactly my reaction to yesterday's announcement of the Wally West book. My favorite comment on that: "lol monkey's paw was real.")

• I read what Jeff said about Marc Andreyko and what you said about Jeff Lemire over on the “Chopping Block” discussion: “A lot of acclaim, but I just don't see the appeal.” That sums up my thoughts about BMB. Honestly, the first thing I thought when I read “DC Announces New Legion Book” was “It’s about time!” I will probably try this, though (same as I tried BMB’s Superman stuff).

• The main thought I have about BMB is how often he gets characters' "voices" dead wrong.

• I'm not super stoked for this, but I will put up with some Bendis if it means we get a new Legion book.

• I'm being cautiously optimistic, secure with the knowledge that my Legion is safe in my Archives and hardcovers!

• I feel the same way, Rob. About the Legion book, that is. I've really enjoyed most of what Bendis has done at DC, and I love the unbridled energy and ideas he's bringing to the DCU. Plus, he's given the leeway to explore more ideas because he's a big name, which I always find exciting.

Usually I like this, but unfortunately it has bitten me before as well, as with Identity Crisis and Heroes in Crisis.

However, I'm also looking forward to the Wally West book, because not only have I loved Lobdell's Red Hood, but also because that book will be based on trying to redeem Wally West instead of trying to make him into a bad guy.

Rob Staeger (Grodd Mod) said:

Sorry to hear that, man. I'm ALL IN on this baby. There's not a writer I'd rather see on the project. 

(But that's exactly my reaction to yesterday's announcement of the Wally West book. My favorite comment on that: "lol monkey's paw was real.")

• I'm optimistic.  I don't think it will be the Shooter/Levitz/Grell/Giffen Legion that I am most comfortable with, but I think it will be interesting.

I usually enjoy Bendis, although sometimes I find his dialogue hard to follow.  I had to read Event Leviathan a few times to figure out who was saying what and who was talking to who.

I like Ryan Sook a lot too.  Hopefully he can keep up with the deadlines.

• Any way we can keep the JSA and the LSH in print, I'll take. They are vital parts of the DCU tapestry that various bears of small imagination keep getting rid of. 

I have no idea what form this new LSH will take, and I may not like it. Yes, of course, my favorite run was Shooter/Swan, because I am old. But I can accept new approaches. I thought "Five Years Later" was interesting, although it wasn't "my" Legion, and it opened up new avenues to explore the 31st century. OTOH, I had high hopes for the Mark Waid run, but it just didn't click with me.

Upshot is: We'll see Imra, Rokk, Garth and the crew again, and Superman's history is restored, and that's a heckuva starting point.

• What I hope is that we don't just get a redo of the old Legion stories. I do not need to see an attempt on R.J.Brande's life start the series off and a couple of years getting the team back together. can we just get on with it? A fully formed or at least mostly formed Legion with the 'new look' members with their minor changes will do me fine....and some original Interlac - I always liked that.

This reply was deleted.