Starting with a 2-issue miniseries, DC Millennium, which walks the reader through 1,000 years, ending at the Legion's doorstep. Millennium is by Brian Bendis and a variety of artists (one for each time period), and the Legion proper will by by Bendis and Ryan Sook. There's an interview with Bendis about his plans on Comicbook.com. 

Views: 1568

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

As I mention in the Walmart thread, there's a new classic-style Legion story by Dan Jurgens & Norm Rapmund in the upcoming From Beyond the Unknown Giant, arriving in Walmarts in mid-February. 

Interesting. Maybe I will check this one out. I had kind of given up on these giant books, but I do want them to keep going, and this sounds like it could be a good one.

Rob Staeger (Grodd Mod) said:

As I mention in the Walmart thread, there's a new classic-style Legion story by Dan Jurgens & Norm Rapmund in the upcoming From Beyond the Unknown Giant, arriving in Walmarts in mid-February. 

Yeah, I have high hopes for this one. The other featured heroes seem to be Kamandi, Green Lantern, and Adam Strange. We know Strange is a reprint from DC Comics Presents #3 -- a book from way back in 1978! I expect if the Green Lantern story is a reprint, it's probably a more modern one. With Kamandi, who knows? If it's a reprint, they could reach back to the Kirby series, or do an issue from the Kamandi Challenge from a few years ago -- any of those issues might work. Or -- since it's paired with a Superman/Adam Strange teamup, why not the Batman/Kamandi teamup from The Brave & the Bold?

I'm just dying to know what the other short story is. What I wouldn't give for a short Omega Men story by Tom King and Barnaby Bagenda!

Issue 5 was released today; I read it on Comixology, and will buy a physical copy from my LCS when it's safe to venture outside again. 

Anyway, spoilers (although I still talk around some stuff):

It's a fun second chapter to the team's founding, as the founders have a spur of the moment decision to induct a fourth member, and then go to Colu for a consultation on their plans. We get some more insight into President Brande, uncover a secret relationship that won't be a surprise to longtime readers, meet a previously unseen Legionnaire, and get better looks at Monsterboy and the new Dr. Fate. Plus: Brainiac 5 reveals more of why the Legion contacted Superboy in the first place, and the reality-bending ramifications that hinge on the result!

Scene of the issue: For me, it's a tie between the super-casual induction of the Legion's fourth member, and the staring contest between Querl and Reep.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2020   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service