Starting with a 2-issue miniseries, DC Millennium, which walks the reader through 1,000 years, ending at the Legion's doorstep. Millennium is by Brian Bendis and a variety of artists (one for each time period), and the Legion proper will by by Bendis and Ryan Sook. There's an interview with Bendis about his plans on Comicbook.com. 

Views: 1676

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

As I mention in the Walmart thread, there's a new classic-style Legion story by Dan Jurgens & Norm Rapmund in the upcoming From Beyond the Unknown Giant, arriving in Walmarts in mid-February. 

Interesting. Maybe I will check this one out. I had kind of given up on these giant books, but I do want them to keep going, and this sounds like it could be a good one.

Rob Staeger (Grodd Mod) said:

As I mention in the Walmart thread, there's a new classic-style Legion story by Dan Jurgens & Norm Rapmund in the upcoming From Beyond the Unknown Giant, arriving in Walmarts in mid-February. 

Yeah, I have high hopes for this one. The other featured heroes seem to be Kamandi, Green Lantern, and Adam Strange. We know Strange is a reprint from DC Comics Presents #3 -- a book from way back in 1978! I expect if the Green Lantern story is a reprint, it's probably a more modern one. With Kamandi, who knows? If it's a reprint, they could reach back to the Kirby series, or do an issue from the Kamandi Challenge from a few years ago -- any of those issues might work. Or -- since it's paired with a Superman/Adam Strange teamup, why not the Batman/Kamandi teamup from The Brave & the Bold?

I'm just dying to know what the other short story is. What I wouldn't give for a short Omega Men story by Tom King and Barnaby Bagenda!

Issue 5 was released today; I read it on Comixology, and will buy a physical copy from my LCS when it's safe to venture outside again. 

Anyway, spoilers (although I still talk around some stuff):

It's a fun second chapter to the team's founding, as the founders have a spur of the moment decision to induct a fourth member, and then go to Colu for a consultation on their plans. We get some more insight into President Brande, uncover a secret relationship that won't be a surprise to longtime readers, meet a previously unseen Legionnaire, and get better looks at Monsterboy and the new Dr. Fate. Plus: Brainiac 5 reveals more of why the Legion contacted Superboy in the first place, and the reality-bending ramifications that hinge on the result!

Scene of the issue: For me, it's a tie between the super-casual induction of the Legion's fourth member, and the staring contest between Querl and Reep.

This week's issue, Legion of Superheroes 7, isn't the spotlight on new characters the cover promises. Dr. Fate barely appears, Monster Boy gets only a line or two (he doesn't choose what monsters he turns into? Interesting...), and while Gold Lantern makes an exciting splash, we don't learn much about him. But at the same time, the story of Aquaman's trident reaches a conclusion, and a number of plot threads seem to be tying up. And oh man, is the Ryan Sook artwork gorgeous on this book. 

Legion of Superheroes 8 appeared a few weeks ago, and does a surprisingly good job of telling a continued story with a new artist on each page. I was expecting a couple dozen separate, somewhat linked vignettes. Instead, aside from a couple of flashbacks, it's pretty much all one story, told in each Legionnaire's perspective and a distinct artistic style. It continues in issue 9, on sale in a couple weeks.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2020   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service