Starting with a 2-issue miniseries, DC Millennium, which walks the reader through 1,000 years, ending at the Legion's doorstep. Millennium is by Brian Bendis and a variety of artists (one for each time period), and the Legion proper will by by Bendis and Ryan Sook. There's an interview with Bendis about his plans on Comicbook.com. 

Views: 1734

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Some Jim Lee preview pages from Legion of Super-Heroes: Millennium have been released that seem to have revealed the ID of the viewpoint character for the series.It looks like it'll be...

...a little spoiler space...

...OK, that's enough...

It looks like it will be Rose Forrest, aka Thorn.

….Um.....sorry.....who?

Not a character I'm familiar with...?

Is there a back history I should check up on..?

Rob Staeger (Grodd Mod) said:

It looks like it will be Rose Forrest, aka Thorn.

She's sometimes a crimefighter, sometimes a criminal, with multiple personality disorder. She operates out of Metropolis, and usually fights the criminal organization The 100.This version has been around since 1970 (she debuted in Lois Lane), and was updated in a 2004 miniseries by Gail Simone and Adriana Melo. She's appeared in the last few issues of Action Comics. 

Rose Forrest? Didn't see that coming. Not exactly a reliable narrator.

Wow. I will be interested to see how that makes any sense.

If the mystery woman is a red head, my first thought would have been Barbara Gordon.

In any event, with no word balloons in those sample pages, I prefer to think of Rose as just speculation at this point in time.

To celebrate the Legion's return, this week's DC sale on Comixology is pretty much the entire available Legion catalog. Lot of great collections there, plus a ton of single issues -- including plenty of hard-to-get Adventure Comics issues that have other features that haven't been collected!

Legion of Super-Heroes- Millennium #1 (of 2)

The first issue of a 2 issue miniseries with "Legion of Super-Herpoes" in the title features exactly zero appearances by the LSH.  Umm..... ok.

But if you're a big fan of Rose/Thorn and like to read stories where she whines a lot, you will love this.

I'm sorry, but that typo is hysterical.

Ew. Is Infectious Lass part of this?

Lol... once again I'm funnier by accident than I am on purpose.

I'm not particularly surprised by this -- this story was always intended as being a step by step journey through DC's future, ending at the Legion. I was wondering if there'd be a short framing sequence that included them, but apparently not. 

What we got, though, I liked a lot!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2021   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service