DC's Greatest Image Ever

From DC's December solicitations, a cover by Amanda Conner for Harley Quinn: Villain of the Year (an awards-show spoof of Year of the Villain).

I present to you: BLACK MANTA IN A TOP HAT.

#BlackMantaInaTopHat

You need to be a member of Captain Comics to add comments!

Join Captain Comics

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Black Manta was the one that jumped out at me, also!

• I mean, the whole cover is marvelous...but that hat!!

• The special will be written by Mark Russell and drawn by Mike Norton -- two guys who definitely know how to bring the funny.

(Russell's also guest-writing an issue of Harley Quinn that month, where she faces off the OTHER great villain find of December 2019: The Hambezzler!)

3555292286?profile=RESIZE_710x 

• Who's the guy in pink at the bottom left? 

• Pretty sure he's the Flamingo, a Morrison & Quitely -created Batman villain.
  • I think that Hambezzler image is better than the top one. Honestly, I don't care for the composition on that image, but of course, your mileage may vary. I do think the musical, flashy Black Manta is pretty funny.

• Sorry, Rob, I just realized I harshly rained on your parade! I should have at least added “actually” to the end of that first sentence. I’d edit it, but it’s not letting me do it on my phone. I’m really not a troll under a bridge!
  • Oh, as a whole image, I think I agree -- the Hambezzler makes for one striking cover. But the singular image of #BlakMantaInaTopHat -- hashtag it with me! -- is going to make my day for months to come. 

This reply was deleted.