PRESS RELEASE

FAMILIAR FACES RETURN TO THE TIMELINE FOR SEASON THREE OF DC’S LEGENDS OF TOMORROW

Neal McDonough, Arthur Darvill and Wentworth Miller Will Be Back as

Damien Darhk, Rip Hunter and Captain Cold, Respectively

BURBANK, Calif. (July 22, 2017) — The time-traveling DC’s Legends of Tomorrow (Tuesdays 9/8c The CW) team will meet some familiar faces as they set about trying to “fix time” in the DC Super Hero series’ third season.

Wentworth Miller and Arthur Darvill (as former Legends Leonard Snart/Captain Cold and Rip Hunter, respectively) will appear in the upcoming season as recurring guest stars, and Neal McDonough returns as a series regular, reprising his role as smug villain Damien Darhk…and a former member of last season’s Legion of Doom.

Based on the characters from DC, DC’s Legends of Tomorrow is from Berlanti Productions in association with Warner Bros. Television. Executive produced by Greg Berlani, Marc Guggenheim, Andrew Kreisberg, Phil Klemmer and Sarah Schechter, the series returns for season three on Tuesday, October 10, at 9/8c on The CW.

Views: 184

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

No chatter on the last two episodes of Legends of Tomorrow?

One was a flat-out ET homage focusing on young Ray Palmer, who, oddly, was hiding a baby Dominator in his bedroom and got murdered by government spooks. Of course, the team can't let that happen. The next one, I admit I watched without paying much attention to it, something about Victorian England and what everyone thought was a vampire on the loose that really wasn't, and Damien Darkh being revived. Whatevs.

The subplot was about Professor Stein's increasing desire to be back home with his new grandchild. The first episode had him using the jump ship to slip back to 2017, which leads Jax and Rory to make the way-off-base conclusion that Stein is plotting against the team. So they sabotage the jump ship. Boy, do they feel stupid when they learn Stein was going to be with his daughter, due to deliver the baby at any moment. So, to make sure he's there, they commandeer the Waverider.

Cool, but why are they afraid they were going to be late for the birth? They're in a time machine! It's not like they were going to get stuck in rush hour traffic on the way.

The last episode has Stein and Jax get to work on a way to stabilize Firestorm but separate their bond. The promo indicates it goes wrong -- Stein's personality winds up in Jax's body, and vice versa. This could be fun. ...

I seem to recall that the Waverider can only visit the same place/time once, so a miscalculation might be a problem. Of course, I'm pretty sure they've violated this rule at least once in other episodes.

If Rory was going to stake a body I wish it was Damien Darkh's.

I'm also looking forward to the personality switch.

They were fun episodes... but yeah, the "I can't be late" motivation doesn't really work on a time ship. It's all laying the groundwork for Stein leaving the series; I'm sorry the actor will be going, but at the same time, the show has really hesitated in putting him into the action this year. Hopefully they'll pair Jax up with someone else that'll be more solidly incorporated into the storylines. 

On November 27 and 28, The CW will air this year's Arrowverse crossover, Crisis on Earth-X.

This week only, Arrow will follow Supergirl on Monday. Supergirl and Arrow will be parts one and two. Flash and Legends of Tomorrow will be parts three and four.

I also thought the concern about Stein being late for the birth was stupid; I imagine just about every comic book fan was throwing socks at the TV during that part. Seriously, CW, you're dealing with time travel aficionados here.

I like the show leaning more to comedy, and the idea that the Legends are really anything but. There's danger of slipping into camp or turning the characters into clowns, but as I've said before, not every show can be or should be as dour as Arrow.

Incidentally, in case anyone missed it (and I don't expect anyone did), Zari is carrying the amulet of ISIS from the TV show (and probably the comics -- I don't remember). So that's who she is. But, of course, no one will ever breathe the word "Isis" on this show!

I also noticed, which I almost never do, that this show passes the Bechtel (sp?) test. Zari and Amara have had several conversations that don't mention men. I don't know why I noticed that, but I did.

I like that, on the whole, there's not a lot of capital R romance on the show. There's been a bit here and there (Shayera and Ray, Amaya and Hank), but for the most part the show keeps that off on the sidelines -- it's more important that these people learn to be teammates than to be romantic partners. 

Before Stein leaves, the one thing I hope we get is some grudging admiration for Mick. EVERYONE dumps on that guy, Stein most of all, and yet as crass and as crude as Mick is, he's proven himself to the team on so many occasions. I'd like Stein to acknowledge that, considering how regularly he sneers at him.

Okay, we had the body switch of Jax and Professor Stein, and man, it was fun to see Franz Drameh ham it up doing Victor Garber's Garberisms. Garber, of course, had to act like Drameh, and it was okay. 

Line of the night: "You can just say 'Black,' Gray."

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2017   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service