'DC's Legends of Tomorrow' Season 3

PRESS RELEASE

FAMILIAR FACES RETURN TO THE TIMELINE FOR SEASON THREE OF DC’S LEGENDS OF TOMORROW

Neal McDonough, Arthur Darvill and Wentworth Miller Will Be Back as

Damien Darhk, Rip Hunter and Captain Cold, Respectively

BURBANK, Calif. (July 22, 2017) — The time-traveling DC’s Legends of Tomorrow (Tuesdays 9/8c The CW) team will meet some familiar faces as they set about trying to “fix time” in the DC Super Hero series’ third season.

Wentworth Miller and Arthur Darvill (as former Legends Leonard Snart/Captain Cold and Rip Hunter, respectively) will appear in the upcoming season as recurring guest stars, and Neal McDonough returns as a series regular, reprising his role as smug villain Damien Darhk…and a former member of last season’s Legion of Doom.

Based on the characters from DC, DC’s Legends of Tomorrow is from Berlanti Productions in association with Warner Bros. Television. Executive produced by Greg Berlani, Marc Guggenheim, Andrew Kreisberg, Phil Klemmer and Sarah Schechter, the series returns for season three on Tuesday, October 10, at 9/8c on The CW.

You need to be a member of Captain Comics to add comments!

Join Captain Comics

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• New episodes of DC's Legends of Tomorrow start this coming Tuesday, October 10, following The Flash.

• This is the place for spoiler photo spoiler.gif, yes? 

That said ... 

I saw the Legends of Tomorrow Season 3 premiere. As we recall, Season 2 ended with the Legends heading for Aruba but landing in 2017 Los Angeles ... a city chock-full of oddities, like the presence of Big Ben -- and dinosaurs!

How do they fix this mess? They don't. Their old pain in the neck friend Rip Hunter who still has a stick up his butt has established a new force of time masters who are all as humorless and prissy as he is, and who all arrogantly dismiss the Legends as useless, if not worthless. They confiscate the Waverider and disband the team. 

So what are they doing six months later? Improbably, Sara is working at a Bed Bath and Beyond/Walmart/Kmart/Buy More-type store, having regular fantasies of eviscerating her unctious boss. Her having such a job, and keeping it for six months, makes no sense to me. She'd be better suited for something like, oh, being a bodyguard.

Ray Palmer is an underling at a tech company making a dating app. Nate Heywood is in Central City being a superhero, which is redundant since Team Flash is already there. Amaya "Vixen" Jime went back to her home, Zambezi -- in 1942.

Martin Stein has gone back home to his oft-mentioned but rarely seen wife, Clarissa, joined by their daughter Lily, who is expecting a baby. The other half of Firestorm, "Jax" Jackson, is at a loss for what to do with himself; he misses the space-faring adventure, but can't do it as long as Stein is playing loving husband and doting granddad-to-be.

And Mick "Heatwave" Rory is doing what he wanted, vacationing in Aruba! At least one somebody on this team has some sense! 

While minding his own business on the beach, Mick encounters Julius Caesar; it seems Rip's new team isn't as infallible as it thinks it is. There's a lot of nonsense that follows about getting the band back together, retrieving the Waverider -- which has been retooled into a simulator -- and doing their thing, with or without Rip's approval.

Frankly, Rip is so annoying and irritating that he makes a much better anagonist than leader for the Legends. And at the end, he allows the Legends to carry on, indicating to his No. 2 that there will be a future moment when they will be needed to do what they do in fixing problems: be the chainsaw instead of the scalpel. Sounds like he's willing to use them as cannon fodder, which is despicable, but then, I don't like the guy.

• I've heard that Victor Garber will be leaving the show sometime this season so he can return to Broadway. Which makes it seem to me that Jefferson will need another co-host. I'm hoping for a cold-war-era Russian to join him (Mikhail Arkadin, from the comics), but there's also a possibility that it will be Lily's unseen boyfriend. And I guess there's a possibility that that boyfriend could be Ron Raymond.  

• If Garber is leaving, I'll miss him. He's just about the only dignified character on the show.

They killed Ron Raymond on the Flash show, which is in the same universe. Or did he get better?

• I think he got better. I could be wrong about that, though. I might be misremembering, and instead, Robbie Ammell came back to the show as an Earth-2 duplicate or something.

• I think that's right. He was alive in Barry's Flashpoint episode, but not after Barry reversed most of that.

• Ah, there you go. So he's still dead, cool.

BTW, the woman Hank met on his UpSwipz date was named Alana. Think we'll see more of her? I think Adam Strange would be perfect on this show. (Though why would Alana be on Earth?)
  • I'm a week behind on Legends of Tomorrow; the last one I saw was the second episode of this season, where they go to Wisconsin in the 1870s. It seems Rip and his crew isn't as efficient as he claims they are, and there are still dozens upon dozens of "anomalies" to be fixed.*

The problem here? P.T. Barnum's circus has an actual, authentic prehistoric sabertoothed tiger. Fortunately, Ray has created a wrist-worn device he calls a "hyper-molecular compress" -- and everyone else calls a "shrink ray" with which they intend to capture the beastie.

Do things go wrong? Do you have to ask? Ray winds up enlarging the sabertoothed tiger instead of shrinking it, and it gets loose.

So Sara, reasonably, goes 1942 Zambesi to ask Vixen if she'll take one last mission for "old-times' sake" to round up the tiger. Sara meets Vixen's daughter, and only then did it occur to me that, for all of her worries about her granddaughter in 2017, Vixen would have to be a mother first.

In the end, the Legends save the day, absolutely nothing is made of the cameo of B'wana Beast, and Vixen rejoins the team ... apparently with no thought about who's watching her kid back in 1942.

*Professor Stein loudly and angrily rejects taking a mission on the Titanic: "Whoever built that ship ought to be shot!" I thought that was kind of odd that a man of science such as he would make that complaint, because there was nothing wrong with the ship itself; it sank because of the bad judgment of the people running it. But I wasn't aware of the in-joke. I've never seen Titanic in its entirety.

• There's a similar in-joke in the most recent episode, as Heat Wave says, "A prison break? I'm in."  Because Dominic Purcell was one of the stars of Prison Break. 

I'm really enjoying the more lighthearted tone here and on Flash. 

And was that kid supposed to be Amaya's daughter (and subsequently, Mari's mom)? I thought she was just one of the girls in the village.

• Rob Staeger (Grodd Mod) said:

And was that kid supposed to be Amaya's daughter (and subsequently, Mari's mom)? I thought she was just one of the girls in the village.

I thought she was. Especially because of that cryptic exchange between Amaya and Sara about Nate: "Does he know?"

Does he know what? They didn't say, but I can guess.

This reply was deleted.