What do you think?

Views: 845

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It is too sterile, boring, and monochromatic.

I agree, it's cold, doesn't evoke the decades of great comics that came before it & isn't all that eye-catching.

Well, personally, I don't see why DC needs a new logo to begin with.

Even if they want something specific to the entertainment division, why not just animate the stars swirling around the existing logo. Maybe even start them spinning by themselves and then leave the letters DC in their wake.

At least, it makes sense to me.

It's extraordinarily corporate, which I think would be an image DC would want to avoid.

It's official. The new logo will be an across the board branding of EVERYTHING! Including the comic books.

Full story here.

With some color and other effects it looks a bit better. I still prefer the one they've got now but I can live with this.

I see nothing wrong with the current comic book logo either. Why can't it be the across the board brand icon?

None of us really twigged that it was supposed to represent a grey civilian idenity being pulled away to reveal a bright spandex alter-ego.  Blame the B&W I suppose.

Anyone notice that one of the D's is being pulled away to reveal the Watchmen symbol?  Heh heh!

I'm sure that Alan Moore is thrilled!

I liked the watchmen logo. 

Figserello said:

None of us really twigged that it was supposed to represent a grey civilian idenity being pulled away to reveal a bright spandex alter-ego.  Blame the B&W I suppose.

Anyone notice that one of the D's is being pulled away to reveal the Watchmen symbol?  Heh heh!

One the one hand DC should be rightfully proud of having produced the Watchmen. 

On the other, to those of us who know a little of the backstory, using the Watchmen logo also seems to be shouting from the rooftops how ineptly they handled one of the greatests talents ever to cross their threshold.  It seems to be advertising all the bad feeling they've generated over the years with the whole creative rights issue and all the lost opportunities due to that.

It's a strange aspect of their public image to draw attention to at this point!

But Watchmen 2 is coming!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2020   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service