What do you think?

Views: 833

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yeah, Lee's quote made me think I had maybe Googled the wrong image (no pun intended).

Personally, the new DC logo reminds me more of circa 1970s emblems:

The above and this one that took the company into the 1980s...

Although this one is my personal favorite from the past...

The new one isn't bad, but your opinion(s) may vary.

I really like the new one. I have noticed on the DC app that it looks especially cool and simple and old-school. I think it is hearkening back to a simpler time of DC history, and I hope the new stories reflect that positive outlook.

It would be nice if that was the feeling they were trying to create--and they followed through on it.

I've seen several reviews of Rebirth that used the term "apology for the last 10 years of DC comics," which indicates at least some people think there's something to apologize for. Whether they're actually trying to do that is another thing.

Ironically, I went looking for the new DC logo, since no one has actually posted it, to see if I could see the references to Superman, Batman and WW that Jim Lee sees in its white spaces I didn't Google it precisely enough and all the images I got were for DC Shoes. Which has a pretty cool logo!

BTW, having re-Googled a little better, I think Jim Lee was tripping.

-- MSA 

Since no one else has posted it, this is the logo in question.

I don't see any suggested character images either.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2019   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service