On May 19, one day after streaming on DC Universe, Stargirl will debut on The CW broadcast channels in Flash's time slot.

Views: 266

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I've noticed as well that people seem very vague on there ever having been a Justice Society. I've got three theories:

1. It's a plot point. We're going to find out that The Wizard or someone created some sort of spell to make people forget or just get foggy when remembering the JSA so that it was easier for the Injustice Society to go underground. If nobody really remembers the JSA or what happened to them, no one's going to be looking very hard for their killers.
  2. It's part of the show's effort to fuzzy up the timeline. They never say what year it is in Stargirl, and a lot of Blue Valley seems a little dated. Like Tim Burton's Batman and today's Riverdale, the show is deliberately a mish-mash of chronological markers. And the JSA died "10 years ago," even though some of them seem to have ties to a much older era. The show elides the passage of time.
  3. The whole supervillain/superhero war was fought in the shadows, with only occasional public mention -- some of which would be written off to urban legend. 

There are doubtless other possibilities I haven't thought of. Hoping the show will clarify.

The latest episode, "Shining Knight," had a couple of problems, IMO.

When Courtney's real father shows up, he and Courtney have identical pendants. Courtney's is in plain sight (and huge) and she says she never takes it off. I've never seen it before. Has anybody else?

The other problem is that we don't get to see the Shining Knight except in his janitor togs.

Next week is the penultimate episode of the season, which is apparently a two-parter ending the following week.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2020   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service