That darn Barry Alllen! He comes back and leaves a mess all over the place!

DC relaunches all titles post-Flashpoint

Views: 1077

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I want Option One. If you're gonna blow it up, blow the whole thing up.

"I want Option One. If you're gonna blow it up, blow the whole thing up."

Blow it up good!  Blow it up real good!

:D

The Baron said:

"I want Option One. If you're gonna blow it up, blow the whole thing up."

Blow it up good!  Blow it up real good!

If they do renumber Action, Detective, Superman and Batman, in how many months will they restore the old numbering?

Depends on how far away they are from the next "milestone" issue I reckon.

Kent Allard said:

If they do renumber Action, Detective, Superman and Batman, in how many months will they restore the old numbering?

My feelings are "In for a penny ($2.99), In for a pound (the future)"!

If DC is smart, they should begin a new continuity but have a contigency plan to return to the previous one if things go south!

Are you enjoying the current stories? Then keep reading them. Yes, they're going to end but stories do end. Comics are one of the very few mediums where stories don't tend to end but just keep going on to the next thing. So if you are enjoying Secret Six currently then keep buying and reading it. If you aren't enjoying Secret Six then why the heck are you buying it anyway?

"Wiped out" is not the optimum phrase. Nor is "rebooted". I am hoping for a revitalization and a renewal. I don't think that everyone will be eliminated, just reimagined and repositioned.

Hopefully Cat-Man, Scandal, Bane, Rag Doll and Deadshot will remain as morally ambiguous and emotionally crippled as before, if it's good to wish such a thing!

Wonder Woman is probably the best example of the cyclical nature of comics with basically a new beginning with every phase.

Cavaliere (moderator) said:
Are you enjoying the current stories? Then keep reading them. Yes, they're going to end but stories do end. Comics are one of the very few mediums where stories don't tend to end but just keep going on to the next thing. So if you are enjoying Secret Six currently then keep buying and reading it. If you aren't enjoying Secret Six then why the heck are you buying it anyway?

What he said!
Seconded.  I love comics.  I've spent a lot of time and money on them, but I don't spend either on titles I don't like. Life is too short.  I hope that the future caretakers (and that's really all they are) of the DC Universe characters produce some great stories in the future.  Really, that's all I can do.

ClarkKent_DC said:
Cavaliere (moderator)

What he said!

I'm excited. The whole DCU with a fresh starting point! Some (which? We don't know yet!) characters will come through with much of their history intact, some will have minor tweaks, some will have major changes. Readers, current and lapsed, will want to see what happened to their favorites. New readers might try some!

We have scant facts. The titles and creative teams are still mostly unknown. This could be the start of a new Renaissance for the DC Universe and the inhabitants therein. I'm sticking with a hopeful attitude that this will be great, until the comics come out and we can all judge based on the evidence.

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." -Groucho Marx

Check out the Secret Headquarters (my store) website! Comics and Games for Everyone!

I used to listen to WOXY.com; It was the future of rock-n-roll! RIP WOXY

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2019   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service