Replies

• "... and nothing will ever be the same!"
  • "... and nothing will ever be the same!"

... again!

• I'm sure they will, but she'll bounce back.  She's feisty that way.

• Intriguing.  I believe this was the approach Marv Wolfman suggested the DCU take after Crisis on Infinite Earths was over, but of course it didn't work out that way.  Superman and Wonder Woman got a complete overhaul, Batman didn't. Everyone remembered Barry Allen, no one remembered Kara Zor-El.  The histories of the Justice League, the Teen Titans, and especially the LSH became convoluted nightmares.  After a while, the question of what happened and what didn't, what was part of the "current" continuity and what wasn't, was completely up in the air and changed almost monthly.  The brutally honest (unstated) answer was "we have no blinkin' idea".

Then, after Infinite Crisis a few years back, all the DC titles were given the opportunity for a fresh start with "One Year Later".  It should have worked out better than it did, but again there was no strong editorial hand at the reins, pushing everything in one direction.  The flops and glitches are well known.  This will be at the very least interesting to watch unfold.

Having the renumbered titles available digitally via apps and a DC website the same day they arrive in comic shops should be huge.

• Meh. I think this looks like what is probably a safe jumping-off point for me as far as DC goes. I came on in 1989, shortly after the first Crisis, and just in the last couple of years I've become much more Marvel than DC, with the exception of Vertigo. This appears to be a good time to say goodbye to DC, at least for a little while.

I'm not saying I'll never read them again, but I'm just saying I'll probably take a bit of a break for awhile, and maybe come back, pick up some trades down the road once they've seen what works and what doesn't.

• Marv Wolfman was completely right that DC should have rebooted across the entire line with Crisis On Infinite Earths. The main problem with what they did instead was to say the old stories don't count unless we say they do, and the new stories count unless they say we don't ... thus introducing no end of confusion with people feeling the need to make everything "fit" when it couldn't -- Black Canary is NOT a one-for-one substitute for Wonder Woman, for example!

I'm not going to consider this a jumping on or jumping off point ... I'll just pick and choose what I like, as always ... my only concern is, will Detective Comics, Action Comics, Wonder WomanSuperman and Batman keep their numbering?

• I've been on this ride before so forgive me if I don't get too excited! Don't get me wrong. I'll still get the titles that I'm getting now and we'll see about the new ones.

This is a LOT of pressure on Geoff Johns so we have to see how committed (and commitable) he is in the long run.

The titles that I'm worried about are the real good ones now like Batman, Inc, Legion, Detective, Secret Six, etc. How will this affect them?

Will this really be Superman V, Batman V, Wonder Woman X (!!!!) ?

• I missed Crisis when it came around. I had no idea that the old continuity didn't count. I'm sorta surprised they're doing this 25 years after rebooting everything. I'm a big Geoff Johns and Jim Lee fan. I could care less if they reboot DC or not. I don't particularly want some of the titles I'm reading to go away but if they do, I'm sure I'll find something to replace them with.
  • I'm a bit intrigued by this. I like the idea of a reboot so things make sense in the massive mess that is the DC Universe timeline.

I like the idea of a reboot  ~IF~ they reorganize, rebuild and "retime" characters. Like I think it would be a hoot if they said B'Wana Beast and Metamorpho are characters that were born in the 1960s, and that's where they'll be plugged into our timeline.

Then, every B'Wana Beast story is written as if it took place in the 1960s. Metamorpho, on the other hand, was "born" in the 1960s, but lives on by the nature of his superpowers. He'll have been around since the 1960s -- before Superman, but just doesn't have the impact that the Man of Steel does.

Even my beloved Ted Kord could be dropped into the 1960s, where he started. Under that scenario, he could still meet up with Booster Gold and join the modern Justice League.

But that's just all a pipe dream on my part. That's just me reading into the press coverage and releases. It probably won't work that way, but I can hypothesize until we get some real information.

And they say there will be something like 50 no. 1s being released. THat's interesting too because there's no guarantee that the 50 being released later will be 50 titles that exist today. Maybe we'll get a relaunch of a Blue Beetle, El Diablo or Hawk & Dove, instead of some ~other~ slow-selling title.

I kind of like the possibilities, but only if these are 100-percent legitimate relaunches, not some scheme to set us up for the next big crossover. That's my real fear about this.

• ClarkKent_DC said:

Marv Wolfman was completely right that DC should have rebooted across the entire line with Crisis On Infinite Earths. The main problem with what they did instead was to say the old stories don't count unless we say they do, and the new stories count unless they say we don't ... thus introducing no end of confusion with people feeling the need to make everything "fit" when it couldn't -- Black Canary is NOT a one-for-one substitute for Wonder Woman, for example!

I'm not going to consider this a jumping on or jumping off point ... I'll just pick and choose what I like, as always ... my only concern is, will Detective Comics, Action Comics, Wonder WomanSuperman and Batman keep their numbering?

...What you said the last paragraph Clark , what you said...

This reply was deleted.