That darn Barry Alllen! He comes back and leaves a mess all over the place!

DC relaunches all titles post-Flashpoint

Views: 1189

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Actually, if everyone starts buying digital copies, those printed copies could be big collectors' items some day. Red Hood & the Outlaws #2 could someday fund my retirement.

-- MSA

Just checked into the DC website -- still no big red button that says "buy now", but if you click "Read" on the right side navbar, it takes you to the Comixology website.

I'd still fire their digital marketing director. 

DneColt said:

Just checked into the DC website -- still no big red button that says "buy now", but if you click "Read" on the right side navbar, it takes you to the Comixology website.

I'd still fire their digital marketing director. 

Yes, but he'd just be resurrected in six months.
I like you, Andrew.

DneColt Johnson is right!!!

One of the best web design books I've read is titled "Don't Make Me Think!"  It explains the average internet user is highly impatient; if they can't find a way to do what they want in seconds, they'll move on.  You have to make things easy. At my Project 42 Radio site, there's a honkin' big "Listen Now" button on the front page.  There's no way for anyone who wants to tune in to miss it.  DC should make it just as obvious and as easy to buy the digital copies as I've made it to listen to my radio stream.

I've read that book, Don! It was assigned in own of my J classes!
Are you going to assign to your students, Cap?

PowerBook Pete (The Mad Mod) said:
Are you going to assign to your students, Cap?

Not teaching website building yet, or I would.

I mean, if the whole point is sales to newbies, they need to be making it as idiot-proof as they can.

"Read" does NOT equal "Buy!"

And, I notice, it's $3.99 for a digital copy. I'll be curious to watch their pricing strategy. Do they wait a month, and then drop it to .99 when number 2 comes out?

If not -- as Larry Marder said -- it's just an incentive to piracy.

They wait a month, and then drop it a buck. $1.99 for regular size issues, $2.99 for bigger issues.
ComiXology often has really good sales where certain titles and/or characters are dropped down to 99c an issue. The current one is Boom's Incorruptible but there's been many DC sales and every Monday is "Marvel Monday" where one title drops down to 99c for that day. I'm waiting for Flashpoint and it's related titles to go on sale but it'll still be a while before that happens.
DneColt said:
Frank, the guy that runs the shop I go to, is acting like the rug got pulled out from under him, and it did. 

It didn't.

What DC did was make a new rug, out of a lot of new ideas, and the remaining whole pieces of the old rug that weren't moth-eaten and soiled.

Frank chose to see it as "his" old rug being taken away from under his feet. I chose to move with the rug, and see it as a magic carpet ride. I can guarantee I'm making more money from it than he is, and I'm enjoying it more too.

For retailers, the output of this event (not Event) is purely what you put into it. It's a classic case of G.I.G.O. There are already retailers online desperately looking for copies of JL #1, and you know what? Many of them are stores that were "stolen rug" retailers who ordered lightly based on their own grumpiness.

To use another analogy, I saw the glass as half full, and drank deeply. Others saw the glass as half empty, and refusing to drink, remain thirsty.

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." -Groucho Marx

Check out the Secret Headquarters (my store) website! Comics and Games for Everyone!

I used to listen to WOXY.com; It was the future of rock-n-roll! RIP WOXY

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2020   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service