That darn Barry Alllen! He comes back and leaves a mess all over the place!

DC relaunches all titles post-Flashpoint

Views: 1090

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Dag, you make me wish your shop was closer so I could do business there.

To use another analogy, I saw the glass as half full, and drank deeply. Others saw the glass as half empty, and refusing to drink, remain thirsty.

Still others saw it as a giant electric hyperduck from the ninth dimension called "Spittoonius Maximus" with vast powers of mindlessness and an overt hidden agenda that will usher in an unending short-lived era of uncertainty and low-fat cheddar sticks. Hieronymo's madde againe - Shantih-shantih-shantih!

Someone tighten The Baron's straps...he's managed to work loose enough to use the keyboard again. :)

Heh-heh-heh...

Mark S. Ogilvie said:

Well as a reader after finishing Flashpoint 5 and Justice League one I'm looking at an empty glass of Kool aid and  new can of rootbeer.  Diet Rootbeer.  I don't think that I can judge after just these two issues.

I agree, as far as content goes that JL #1 is not a great choice for those of us who've been around for a while to use to judge the whole line. This comic is squarely aimed at new or lapsed readers. Only time will tell how it's going to pan out.

I remain very hopeful though, and sales so far on JL #1 have been nothing short of amazing.

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." -Groucho Marx

Check out the Secret Headquarters (my store) website! Comics and Games for Everyone!

I used to listen to WOXY.com; It was the future of rock-n-roll! RIP WOXY

Mark S. Ogilvie said:
I did like the ring stealing bit.  I'm also curious as to how long at this point Hal has been a GL since I don't think Batman could do that to an experienced GL.

I did NOT like the ring-stealing bit, and put the book back on the shelf. I don't think Batman could do that to an experienced Green Lantern, but I don't think he could do it to a rookie, either; I don't think he could do it to any Green Lantern at all. This was as bad as Green Lantern's encounter with Batman in Frank Miller's All-Star Batman and Robin; he made Batman look cool by making Green Lantern look like an idiot.

I don't like stories like that.

Is it possible to get a normal ring off the finger of a conscious person without him knowing it?  My wedding ring is fairly loose on my finger as I've never had it resized even after I lost a gob of weight, and I can't imagine anyone being able to swipe it without me noticing them holding my hand and spraying it with cooking oil.

ClarkKent_DC said:
Mark S. Ogilvie said:
I did like the ring stealing bit.  I'm also curious as to how long at this point Hal has been a GL since I don't think Batman could do that to an experienced GL.

I did NOT like the ring-stealing bit, and put the book back on the shelf. I don't think Batman could do that to an experienced Green Lantern, but I don't think he could do it to a rookie, either; I don't think he could do it to any Green Lantern at all. This was as bad as Green Lantern's encounter with Batman in Frank Miller's All-Star Batman and Robin; he made Batman look cool by making Green Lantern look like an idiot.

I don't like stories like that.

Maybe it was the ring's idea.

Depends on how tight the ring is, etc. I think I've seen Penn or Teller manage the trick before (I know I've seen them do watches), and figure Batman's at least as good as they are, and probably much better.

They key, I think, is not so much the stealing the ring, as it is giving the victim something else to notice while you're doing it.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2019   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service