That darn Barry Alllen! He comes back and leaves a mess all over the place!

DC relaunches all titles post-Flashpoint

Views: 1524

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Big heads to hold our big brains definitely show we're from the future. Sometimes we're so far in the future that we use commas in our dates! Oh, wait, we do that for 2,000, too. Never mind.

Please note: I believe someone hacked into my CapCom account to post this picture. I cannot verify with certitude that this is the actual cover to Action Comics #256. I am seeking treatment for my instant knowledge that covers like this exist.

As to your suggestions, LJ, rebooting everything and creating a few humongous anthologies per month are great ideas if we're looking to reboot DC into a comics powerhouse the size of Fantagraphics, which it sometimes looks to be their plan. But I'm thinking that's just the way it looks.

As proof, I like the idea of big anthologies. Case closed.

Put your best people on your most valuable properties.

That sounds like it makes sense, but then you've got your worst people on your least valuable properties, and those comics will disappear faster than Red Hood & The Outlaws.

Whereas putting the best people on the worst properties--Jim Steranko on SHIELD, Neal Adams on GL, Jack Kirby on Jimmy Olsen, Alan Moore on Swamp Thing--creates...well, something completely different, that's for sure.

-- MSA

LJ, I really like the idea of your "Quality Comics" comic. The problem I see is that you are making them all anthologies, and those have been a tough sell for a darn long time. I would like it myself, but I think it would be a bitter pill to swallow for a lot of comic buyers.
Well, I admit it right there in the blog that I can't account for the financials of my plan. Anthologies are allegedly the kiss of death ... until someone figures out how to do them right.
According to this article at Bleeding Cool, DC is saying that while Superman was the first hero to operate openly, Batman will have operated in secret -- his "urban legend" years -- for a little while before that. Which might help to decompress that crazy 5-year timeline that has to fit at least 4 Robins, if only just a little.

Mr. Silver Age said:

And ascots with our jump suits! That's when you really know you're in the 21st century. Ascots and jump suits are cool.

You also can tell when you're in the future because they put commas into their four-digit years, something they haven't done for a couple millenia so far.

-- MSA

...BTW , that is the story which , at least Old School , DCU theorists have proposed is the " last " Earth-2/Kal-L story to have been published in " normal time " in a DC comic , isn't it ?

Has it been reprinted ?

You know, it would be nice if DC came out with timeline or a wikipedia-style article about the way the new Universe is set up. It doesn't need to have spoilers or anything, just a few pages of cool facts that can get us up to speed on what the in-story "plan" is for the new narrative.

Rob Staeger said:

According to this article at Bleeding Cool, DC is saying that while Superman was the first hero to operate openly, Batman will have operated in secret -- his "urban legend" years -- for a little while before that. Which might help to decompress that crazy 5-year timeline that has to fit at least 4 Robins, if only just a little.

the " last " Earth-2/Kal-L story to have been published in " normal time " in a DC comic , isn't it ?

It's the last one we know for sure involved the Earth-2 Superman, as he sums up his history and forgot to remember that he was ever Superboy. Only the Earth-2 Superman would do that (and why would the editor and writer not include it?).

Has it been reprinted?

These days, it's pretty hard to find a major SA super-hero story that hasn't been reprinted somewhere. But this one was only included in the first SP volume. That could be because it would've been apparent in reprintings that the Futuremen of 2,000 were not going to have these trappings and that memory lapse about Superboy. Why go looking for trouble around a bunch of know-it-all readers who will write in to point out the mistake?

-- MSA

That's intriguing MSA! But when was the first time Superboy was mentioned in Superman or Action? And included in Superman's origin?

Lumbering Jack said:

You know, it would be nice if DC came out with timeline or a wikipedia-style article about the way the new Universe is set up. It doesn't need to have spoilers or anything, just a few pages of cool facts that can get us up to speed on what the in-story "plan" is for the new narrative.

I agree, though I'd rather have it later than sooner -- sometime around when the first books are published, or maybe in the second month, once all the new titles have been introduced. Right now I'm enjoying the speculation!

I had to laugh at today's PvP Online.

Yet it does need to be said sometimes!

The Baron said:

I had to laugh at today's PvP Online.

Maybe his parents will be alive after the reboot?  C'mon, 70 years he's been on that schtick!

It'd make for some great new subplots. 

"That's the third time this week you accidently fell down the stairs Bruce. 

I hope your wearing clean underwear...  "

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Latest Activity

The Baron replied to The Baron's discussion The List of Super-Hero Teams
"Also added the Hero League from Precarious Woman Executive Miss Black General and…"
11 minutes ago
"Will add."
17 minutes ago
"You didn't see the Freshmen bcause I'd never heard of them, but I will add them. As…"
18 minutes ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Randy Jackson's discussion The List of Super Villain Teams
"Recombatants"
25 minutes ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to The Baron's discussion The List of Super-Hero Teams
"Infinity Watch"
28 minutes ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
31 minutes ago
Dave Palmer replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"For the 13th"
40 minutes ago
JD DeLuzio replied to The Baron's discussion The List of Super-Hero Teams
"You have the Great Lakes Avengers, the Mystery Men, and the Inferior Five, but I don't see…"
9 hours ago
JD DeLuzio replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"For the thirteenth:"
9 hours ago
Philip Portelli replied to Randy Jackson's discussion The List of Super Villain Teams
"Death Squad (Iron Man) The Enforcers (Spider-Man) The Evil Eight (Dial H For Hero) Forgotten…"
11 hours ago
"Added them, and also the 99."
11 hours ago
Randy Jackson replied to Randy Jackson's discussion The List of Super Villain Teams
"Added"
12 hours ago

© 2022   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service