Deadly Class Vol. 4 - Die for Me

Deadly Class Vol. 4: Die for Me 
Rick Remender, writer; Wes Craig, illustrator; Jordan Boyd, colorist

Image Comics, 2016

The school for assassins ends the first big series arc with a bang. It's Freshman Finals, which requires the legacy students (those whose parents graduated from the school) to hunt down and kill the Rats (unaffiliated students, like most of the group the story has focused on). The previous collection had already demonstrated that major characters could die, suddenly and without any warning. Danger is inherent in the story, after all. But the nonstop action here really ups the ante. There are group melees, chase scenes, pitched battles--and a succession of shocking double-crosses. No one is safe, and no one can be trusted. Since this is not the kind of series that resurrects dead characters, expect big changes in the series focus going forward. Craig does some especially effective work with his panel choices. Series of small panels are sometimes used to create motion, and small inset panels can give multiple perspectives on a scene.

You need to be a member of Captain Comics to add comments!

Join Captain Comics

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I loved this series and this book really shocks.

The biggest shock ius that this is not the last book of the series!

• Yes, in most other series this could have been the end.  Hard to say much else without major spoilers!

This reply was deleted.