Delicate "Inhumans" Question

Did I imagine it, or was there an Inhumans comic a few years back which had a scene that  implied that Maximus - while ostensibly a prisoner - used his mind control powers to force Medusa to - how to say it? - perform "orally" for him.  And I don't mean "sing".

You need to be a member of Captain Comics to add comments!

Join Captain Comics

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Yes, there was. It was in the fourth issue of the six-issue Silent War miniseries (March-August 2007). Oddly, Wikipedia has the scene, in its entry on Medusa.

• Ah, thank you.

• I don't think the Wikipedia editors understood what is happening in that scene.

• Was there any consequence for that scene? Or did it go down the memory hole?

• So far as I know, there was some fan outrage ... and then it went down the memory hole.

I can't say for sure; I'm like all those other people who aren't watching the Invaders TV show because he never read the Invaders in comics.

• I think you meant Inhumans there.

ClarkKent_DC said:

I can't say for sure; I'm like all those other people who aren't watching the Invaders TV show because he never read the Invaders in comics.

• Silent War occurred in 2007, so I knew I'd read it. But I didn't remember a thing. So I looked it up on Wiki.

Ugh. Now I remember.

The Medusa scene was pretty icky, all right -- flat-out rape. And nothing happened in Silent War to address it.

It also didn't end: There's a cliffhanger, and then the final panel is black. So, after six issues, we don't even get an ending.

And the Inhumans declared war on the human race to get their Terrigen crystals back (Quicksilver stole them), which is flat-out stupid. First, it's stupid because you're outnumbered 7 billion to one, so super-powers or not, you're going to lose. Second, it's leaping to worst-case scenario, when diplomacy would serve better. Hey, Black Bolt, why not ask the FF to get those crystals for you? Or the U.S. diplomatic or court systems, since a U.S. citizen stole from Attilan, a sovereign nation? They'd fall over themselves getting those crystals back to you to avoid the bad press (and also war). So, it's just stupid.

But that's not why I erased it from my mental hard drive (although all of The above are sufficient reason). It's because Black Bolt was later revealed to be a Skrull. Which is preposterous. If the Skrulls could give one of their soldiers Black Bolt's sonic powers, why not give all of their soldiers sonic powers? (That was one of my problems with Secret Invasion in its entirety -- if Skrulls could duplicate Terran super-powers, what did they need to invade secretly for? An army of Avengers-powered soldiers could conquer our galaxy, given how our relatively few superhumans have stomped all over the Kree, Skrulls, Shi'ar and others.) 

Anyway, it wasn't the real Black Bolt, so whatever he did didn't count as characterization. How the others reacted didn't count as characterization either, since they would all find out that it wasn't Black Bolt after all, so they'd forgive him.

And it was a crappy story anyway.

• ClarkKent_DC said:

Randy Jackson said:

I think you meant Inhumans there.

I'm not watching that show, either.

• Oh, jeez, has Inhumans actually started? I hadn't realized. I doubt I'd be watching it regardless.

• I remember The Invaders, Roy Thinnes was in that.

This reply was deleted.