Did I imagine it, or was there an Inhumans comic a few years back which had a scene that  implied that Maximus - while ostensibly a prisoner - used his mind control powers to force Medusa to - how to say it? - perform "orally" for him.  And I don't mean "sing".

Views: 216

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The Skrulls were faking a LOT of powers during Secret Invasion, and I doubt any of them were being beamed anything from anywhere. At one point they even had a whole planet of X-people who, I think, didn't even know they were Skrulls. 

Does anyone remember how the Secret Invasion super-powers worked? 

But agreed that shapeshifting is often used by lazy writers without thinking it through. It used to bug me when Odo would change into a mouse on DS9 -- where did all the extra mass go? If it was simply compressed, you'd have a 200-pound mouse running through vents that wouldn't support that weight.

Clayface changed into Superman, complete with powers, at least once in the Silver Age.

Doctor Hmmm? said:

Clayface changed into Superman, complete with powers, at least once in the Silver Age.

Was it this issue?

Yep.

Meanwhile, I just read the latest two issues of Royals (I'm getting all the books with the "Marvel Legacy" trade dress through December), and Maximus is part of Medusa's team. So I guess she holds no hard feelings about, you know, rape. 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2017   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service