Story.

Opinion Piece

Interesting. I don't recall ever seeing anything like this before. I can't imagine that newspapers would disappear altogether, but I could imagine them becoming a sort of archaic curiosity, kind of like how you can still get a buggy ride if you want to bad enough.

Views: 273

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

...A belated thank you, Clark. The DC SENTINEL on this Monday is just ,16 pages, two 8-page sections! For a while, they even dropped the editorial page on Monday. Santa Cruz is not NYC or Chicago. or even Memphis - but in the past, the Sentinel apparently had a bureau/office in hour-aeay more rural/poorer/Hispanic Watsonville, further inland. On one level, a compact paper is nice - but this is quite a lot of less!!! 

...Reviving this, at least some here, I'm sure, saw that " the real life DAILY BUGLE ", the tabloid NEW YORK DAILY NEWS, has laid off half (or more) of it's editorial staff!!

I think the future of newspapers is as online nonprofits. I don't see how objective journalism can be subsidized any other way. The NYT and Wapo may be exceptions.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2018   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service