Check out today's (8/19/09) strip - is it me, or was Chester Gould much better than the current guy at dreaming up goofy names for his characters?

Views: 277

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It's not you.
Sadly, the Tracy strip has been getting worse and worse since Max Allan Collins left. I keep hoping that the Tribune Syndicate will decide to save the strip and bring Collins and Terry Beatty in to produce it.
That would be cool!
Check out today's (9/10/09) strip. I love the expression on the tiger's face in the last panel - it's as though he's hearing the ringmaster's story, and saying "Sorry, buddy, but I'm totally not buying it."
That's a surprisingly well-drawn tiger, though!
It is, really. Maybe they should throw Tracy out of the strip, and have it go on as the adventures of a tiger who solves crimes and then eats the criminals.
The Baron said:
It is, really. Maybe they should throw Tracy out of the strip, and have it go on as the adventures of a tiger who solves crimes and then eats the criminals.

They could call it "The Man-Eating Manhunter"!
"Louise Trapeze"? This guy's phoning it in, now...
She falls through the air with the greatest of ease
The dying young acrobat Louise Trapeze
Geez Louise!
And in today's (9/17/2009) strip, they mis-spell "Louise" as "Lousie".
Freudian slip?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2019   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service