Check out today's (8/19/09) strip - is it me, or was Chester Gould much better than the current guy at dreaming up goofy names for his characters?

Views: 327

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Righty tighty, lefty Lousie.
The Baron said:
Check out today's (9/10/09) strip. I love the expression on the tiger's face in the last panel - it's as though he's hearing the ringmaster's story, and saying "Sorry, buddy, but I'm totally not buying it."

RE: Today's (9/20/2009) story: The tiger still is not buying this story.
Annnnd...shock of shocks, the criminal turned out to be the one it could have been...
A little song, a little dance
A little handgun down my pants
My favorite Dick Tracy villains was Mumbles and the Mole. Of course, that was back in the days when the Mole could strangle someone "on-camera" and then, at Christmas, Tracy visited him in prison and gave him a gift box with munchies and ciagarettes in it. Chester Gould was nuts, but he was entertainingly nuts.
Mike Sterling proposes his own Dick Tracy villains.
RE: Today's (10/6/09) strip - Wow, I don't think I've ever seen Tracy scared ****less before. And what the hell is that giant thylacine suddenly doing in the tiger cage?
OK, the second panel of today's (10/9/09) strip made me laugh out loud. "Nice kitty", indeed...
I've seen Tracy sweat bullets before, and he was trapped in a cage with wild animals once before, too, in the very early years of the strip.
I'm sure he's been in every kind of peril imaginable at one point in time or another. It's just that his expression seems redolent of someone who's paraphrasing Ben Grimm's battlecry as "It's pants-crappin' time!"
What's that clown got against Ringo? (10/9/09) With only two Beatles left, we should appreciate the ones we have! And today (John Lennon's birthday) of all days!

Is "Barb Els" a female weight lifter?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2020   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service