Replies

• The webs have many properties the Trapster might find desirable and worth copying, but they are supposed to dissolve after a while (an hour?), which might be a serious drawback. I remember reading somewhere that if they didn’t eventually dissolve NYC would be covered in webs.  

A story where the Trapster sneaks around following Spider-Man in the hope of retrieving a sample of webbing could be interesting as Trapster is left dealing with the aftermath of Spidey’s activities (e.g., arrival of the police).  Would he be tempted to free webbed up criminals?  How would he deal with their pleas to be released?  How would the crowds that might have gathered react?

Is using his web fluid as a liquid still something he does?

10750614671?profile=RESIZE_710x

• I faintly remember reading that there was a character that attempted to obtain samples of the webbing. But I am blanking on whom that would be,

• I know the Chameleon had a gun that replicated them and used that to frame Spider-Man. 

I'm vaguely recalling someone gathering samples, but I'm drawing a blank as well 

Luis Olavo de Moura Dantas said:

I faintly remember reading that there was a character that attempted to obtain samples of the webbing. But I am blanking on whom that would be,

• Before he was a member of the Frightful Four, he fought Johnny Storm a few times. Did they ever do a team-up story with Johnny's frenemy Spider-Man vs The Trapster. Seems like a natural, but I don't think they did.

• They did with the Wizard and Sandman in Marvel Team Up #2 (My'72). Did they meet earlier?

10754409100?profile=RESIZE_710x

Richard Willis said:

Before he was a member of the Frightful Four, he fought Johnny Storm a few times. Did they ever do a team-up story with Johnny's frenemy Spider-Man vs The Trapster. Seems like a natural, but I don't think they did.

• I don't recall Spider-Man meeting up with him in Amazing Spider-Man, at least not during the Silver Age. Nor do I think he showed up in Spectacular Spider-Man. This was likely their first encounter. 

Philip Portelli said:

They did with the Wizard and Sandman in Marvel Team Up #2 (My'72). Did they meet earlier?

Richard Willis said:

Before he was a member of the Frightful Four, he fought Johnny Storm a few times. Did they ever do a team-up story with Johnny's frenemy Spider-Man vs The Trapster. Seems like a natural, but I don't think they did.

• Since this is a 1972 issue, I'm sure I read it. Completely forgot it fifty years later.

Randy Jackson said:

I don't recall Spider-Man meeting up with him in Amazing Spider-Man, at least not during the Silver Age. Nor do I think he showed up in Spectacular Spider-Man. This was likely their first encounter. 

Philip Portelli said:

They did with the Wizard and Sandman in Marvel Team Up #2 (My'72). Did they meet earlier?

Richard Willis said:

• I don't think Trapster met Spider-Man before Marvel Team-Up #2 either.

Spider-Man had  met Sandman a few times, of course, including the Christmas-themed team-up with Human Torch that came just prior to this (and which is explicitly referenced in this one).

And Trapster made a few surprising appearances of his own (Cap #106, for instance). But none involving Spider-Man.

This reply was deleted.