The other day as I was trying to sleep after reading the conclusion of the Avengers Infinity Gems/Illuminati storyline it occurred to me that there are 6 Infinity Gems and 6 sides to a Cosmic Cube so what would happen if someone put them together?

Then I vaguely recalled that in the '90s sequels to The Infinity Gauntlet, Magnus was doing something with Cosmic Cubes but I have no idea what and my brain mercifully shut down before I went insane. So has a story been written where this happened (in continuity or a What If?), or am I the first person the be crazy enough to wonder about this?

You need to be a member of Captain Comics to add comments!

Join Captain Comics

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I don't know ... but if you are the first person the be crazy enough to wonder about this, hows about spinning the whole story? It might be fun.
  • There were two direct sequels to The Infinity Gauntlet: The Infinity War  and The Infinity Crusade which led to Warlock and the Infinity Watch. But I don't remember any such story though my 90s comic memory is bad!
  • Don't forget Infinity Abyss.

42448090735.1.gif

I don't recall such a story, either.

• I have no memory of Infinity Abyss. It may have come in that period where I dropped out of comics.
  • I have no recollection of Infinity Abyss and I know I was paying attention to comics at that time (I recognize the trade dress being used on the cover).  That one must have really flown under the radar.
  • I read all four series and I do not ever remember any association between the Infiniity gems and the Cosmic Cube(s).
  • Now that the subject has been broached, watch Marvel now produce "The story YOU demanded!" and never give anyone on this board any credit.

In any event: six gems, six facets to a (cosmic) cube. Seems logical to me.

But the trick will be to place the RIGHT gem on the RIGHT cube side in the RIGHT order (and maybe reveal the prize inside).

• Wow, that's... 46,656 permutations!?
  • Well, I never did the math before I wrote that Jeff, but I shutter to think of the consequences if something went wrong during the process!
  • I think Infinity Gauntlet and the Silver Surfer stories that featured his return (and led into IG) was the height of Thanos as a character. With the sequel minis that followed (never heard of Abyss), Thanos seemed to drift and dwindle and wasn't as effective as he was previously. Maybe the character got over-used or burned out.

This reply was deleted.