Fresh off AP wire!

LOS ANGELES (AP) — The Walt Disney Co. says it is acquiring Marvel Entertainment Inc. for $4 billion in cash and stock, bringing characters like Iron Man and Spider-Man into the Disney family.
Under the deal, Disney will acquire ownership of 5,000 Marvel characters.
Disney said Monday that Marvel shareholders will receive $30 per share in cash plus 0.745 Disney shares for every Marvel share they own.
It said the boards of Disney and Marvel have both approved the transaction, but it requires an antitrust review and the approval of Marvel shareholders.

Views: 426

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I must say, I expected this to happen in the dark days of the 1990s, but now? Well, this is surprising. I'm not sure how I feel about it. There are certainly pluses and minuses to being pulled into the fold of a big conglomeration.
What?!?!?!

Ooh. Does this mean that the former Pixar guys can now do something with Marvel characters?
It means we get to hear the Red Skull sing in the next Disney musical.
0.745 shares? Really? Yeah, it's an interesting news story with long term implications but what stands out most for me is that silly number.
Wow that is interesting...My first thought was about the parks. Currently Marvel is associated with Universal, with their Island of Adventure... I wonder what that means for that? And I wonder what it means for Marvel's movie production house.
And what about Disney's current deal with Boom Studios? Talk about getting the rug pulled out from under you!
Also: I'm eager to see who's in and who's out at Marvel. I'm not saying anyone should go, but it will happen and it could be bloody if the Disney folks see some need to radically change things.
That being said these last few years have been a real high point for Marvel, so it's hard to imagine any major changes.
Hey, does this mean Howard the Duck can look like a duck again? Can Scrooge and Howard have a team-up?
Ooh, "Howard the Duck by Don Rosa" has a nice sound to it, eh?
Goodbye, Marvel. You only have yourself to blame.
I see a Incredibles/Fantastic Four team-up!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Latest Activity

Jeff of Earth-J replied to Captain Comics's discussion Comics Guide: Nov. 28-Dec. 4, 2022
""The only thing that distinguished Catman from all the other Batman clones in the '40s,…"
2 hours ago
The Baron replied to Captain Comics's discussion Comics Guide: Nov. 28-Dec. 4, 2022
"In a perfect world, the Wildstorm characters would operate in their own universe, where they were…"
3 hours ago
Steve W replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"I’ll like to just take one moment to give an honourable mention to cartoonist Gerald…"
3 hours ago
Eric L. Sofer replied to The Baron's discussion List of Super-Speedsters
"I can think of a few. There's Yo-Yo from Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Kid Comet from…"
3 hours ago
Captain Comics posted a discussion

Comics Guide: Nov. 28-Dec. 4, 2022

BOOM! STUDIOSAPPROACH #2 (OF 5)BRIAR #2 (OF 4)DAMN THEM ALL #2 (OF 6)MAGIC: NAHIRI THE LITHOMANCER…See More
3 hours ago
Steve W replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
3 hours ago
Eric L. Sofer replied to The Baron's discussion Ray Palmer and Jean Loring's Wedding
"Super-Team Family was edited into a new direction with the Atom storyline, in that heroes without…"
4 hours ago
Richard Willis replied to The Baron's discussion Ray Palmer and Jean Loring's Wedding
"Commander Benson said: .....the Atom's search for Jean (who'd gone guano-crazy, again)…"
4 hours ago
Philip Portelli replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion DC's 1st Issue Specials
"The original Outsiders concept was interesting enough, yet the character designs were terrible.…"
4 hours ago
Irma Kruhl replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
4 hours ago
Richard Willis replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"One more Ponytail"
5 hours ago
Rob Staeger (Grodd Mod) replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion DC's 1st Issue Specials
"It really is! Although Trillionaires of any age are scary things."
5 hours ago

© 2022   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service