Reports are starting to hit that Disney will pay George Lucas, the 100% owner of Lucasfilm, a bit more that $ 4 billion in cash and stock for the company and properties.  I knew this would happen eventually given the investments Disney has made in Star Wars and Indiana Jones attractions/merchandise at their parks, but I thought it would happen after George died. 

Disney will now own Marvel, the Muppets, Star Wars, and Indiana Jones...in other words, my entire childhood.  It's nice that I have Disney stock so I can hold on to a bit of it.

In other news, Jack Kirby and Jim Henson will be haunting the hell out of George tomorrow night.

Views: 431

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I read somewhere that Disney bought Lucasfilm for Star Wars and Star Wars alone so we probably won't see too much of anything else coming from DisLucasfilm except Star Wars.

Episodes 7, 8, 9 from Disney will not follow George's plan but, we've been told by Disney, be a completely new story. I would imagine it might be along the lines of Luke and/or Leia's children re-forming the Jedi Knights. Didn't they do something like that in the books?

I think George Lucas doesn't want to make more Star Wars films. He doesn't need the money nor the grief. His vision is not what the fans (and fanatics) want to see. They saw them, of course, in droves but always seemed bitter about it afterwards. So let Disney deal with them, their expectations, their criticism, their disappointment and their backlash!

Enjoy your golden years George! Thank You and May the Force be with you...Always!

"Disney, why did it have to be Disney?"

George Poague said:

According to AP, brutal fan attacks on the prequels and the last Indiana Jones movie prompted this decision. Lucas had already told the NY Times he would never make another Star Wars movie.

He got tired of people accusing him of "desecrating" their childhoods, and decided to let someone else take the flak.

I am disheartened to hear that. Star Wars was a big part of my childhood, but I was a bit let down by the third one. (Just to be clear, I’m referring to Return of the Jedi.) The redemption of Darth Vader bit was good, but I could have done without the Ewoks. I never did understand the animosity toward the prequels. I thought they were great! (Especially the second and third ones). I don’t know if I’d be interested in seeing another Star Wars on screen if GL is not involved somehow. And if it doesn’t feature Luke. Leia and Han, forget it.

I don’t know if I’d be interested in seeing another Star Wars on screen if GL is not involved somehow.

Episode VII: Rise of the Oans.

{I'm so sorry.}

You have to stand in the corner with Guy Gardner!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2019   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service