Did anyone else here ever much read the DOCTOR WHO novels published by BBC books in the early-ish 00s , the ones which predated the revival of the series ?

I could extend this to a question regarding Who in those " interregum (sic??) years "/the media spinoffs of Who , especially in that post-" Survival " period when the paperback novels , etc. , were all that was carrying the series .

I suppose that period may be regarded as a Look How Far We've Come From Then depraved Spider-Clone/New Blackhawk Era-like " the time when things were REALLY bad " <sigh>...I've been too poor to have cable and have seen near to nothing of the modern series , though I read Panini's Doctor Who Magazine semi-regularly for a while into the " now era "<sigh>,,,

Views: 252

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

...Well, I got some reactions ! Aatsa nice. So as to practice thread conservation, I'll swit h this to another aspect of Who, which is...the ongoi g DW comics series that appears in the Panini DOCTOR WHO MONTHLY. It's more literally the " true Who " panelologigical incarnation than any other comic, but in all the Who threads I saw next to nil discussion of it! Perhaps the, rather " non-American " manner in which it is published, a strip appearing within a non-comics magazine, and published at magazine-si,ze(Gasp), not standard American funnybook size, co tri utes to its Yank obscurity? Whatever, I did splurge recently on a Panini issue (Out of reach now, however .), so I'm all good:-)...

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2020   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service