I enjoyed this episode. I always liked the Ice Warriors, and it's interesting to see a new side to them with the introduction of the Ice Queen. I also liked the contrast between the two empires, British and Martians. It'd be interesting to see what it would have been like if that version of the British Empire had made it out into space.

The relationship between the Doctor and Bill continues to develop well enough, I liked that Bill felt confident enough to  confront the Ice Queen. Would have liked to see more of Nardole, I don't think they use him enough.

Nice to hear from Ysanne Churchman again as Alpha Centauri, I was astonished to find out that she was still alive.

As for Missy at the end: "Are you all right?" What's she on about?

You need to be a member of Captain Comics to add comments!

Join Captain Comics

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Alpha Centauri made me laugh out loud. As it happens, by the time this aired "The Curse of Peladon" had been sitting in my Amazon cart for a couple weeks.

I'm amazed that Gatiss resisted the urge to call this "The Tomb of the Ice Warriors."

• Doctor Hmmm? said:

Alpha Centauri made me laugh out loud. As it happens, by the time this aired "The Curse of Peladon" had been sitting in my Amazon cart for a couple weeks.

I'm amazed that Gatiss resisted the urge to call this "The Tomb of the Ice Warriors."

Apparently, Gatiss wanted to write a sequel to "Sleep No More", which somehow morphed into a third Peladon story, which eventually became this.

This reply was deleted.