Doctor Who Reactions: "Fear Her" (SPOILERS)

1)For whatever reason, I've always had trouble buying into the whole "people being turned into drawings" aspect of this, which has colored my perception to the whole episode. There's actually some good scary moments in this, including a "monster" that's scarier than any Dalek - namely the "bad father".  But the "drawing" gimmick just takes me out of the story. 

2)It was good to see Rose having to save the day at the end, watching her put it all together.  "Are you deducting?" "I think I am."

3)I found the TARDIS "parking gag" at the start amusing. It's a wonder that doesn't happen mor eoften.

4)The bit with the Olympic torch at the end was a little too hokey for my tastes.

5)The Doctor makes the "live long and prosper" sign at Chloe, which means he watches Star Trek. That'd be fun, watching Trek with him.  "That's rubbish - real Klingons are nothing like that!"

6)If you haven't seen "Army of Ghosts"/"Doomsday" yet, try to avoid watching the "Next Time" bit at the end of this episode, not only does it give away who the "ghosts" are, if you watch it closely, it wrecks the reveal for the end of the first episode.

7)Some Fun Quotes:

• "What's your game?" "Snakes and Ladders?"
  • "I was a dad once."  Which is not a big shock for us fans, particularly those of us who watched the old show much, but which would've been a heck of a shock for Rose.
  • "You just took a council axe form a council van, and now you're digging up a council street. I'm reporting you to the council!"
  • "A storm's approaching." Look, just get on with it.

Overall: Better than I remembered it being, but still not one of my favorites.

You need to be a member of Captain Comics to add comments!

Join Captain Comics

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Maybe I should go look this one up and read more about it... because, honestly, I have NO MEMORY of this episode and what it's about at all.  Very strange.

"If you haven't seen "Army of Ghosts"/"Doomsday" yet, try to avoid watching the "Next Time" bit at the end of this episode, not only does it give away who the "ghosts" are, if you watch it closely, it wrecks the reveal for the end of the first episode."

NO S***.  I went to great lengths to avoid finding out anything in advance, and whenever a "NEXT WEEK!" ad would come on, I would not only TURN OFF THE SOUND, I'd avert my eyes. And they were running those damn promos at EVERY commercial break during the show. Every one! So they're blowing the end of the story you're trying to watch right now, to promote the one that's coming up at the hour. (Sci-Fi ran it as a two-hour thing.)

I felt like I might have been the only person in the US who was actually SURPRISED when the end of Part 1 finally arrived and I found out it was *****AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGHHHHHHHH!!!!******

: D

"Maybe he died while writing it."

• I'm still hoping that they let Tennant light the torch this summer.
  • Some comments about the Kookaburra song here.

I'm still hoping that they let Tennant light the torch this summer.

That would be magic indeed!  I wonder have they even discussed it yet?
This reply was deleted.