Doctor Who Reactions: "Fugitive of the Judoon" (SPOILERS)

  1. "A platoon of Judoon. Near the Moon."
  2. I find Graham's "But they're police" reaction when he's that the Judoon might kill someone.
  3. "Local Earth Law...12."
  4. I'm not the biggest Captain Jack fan, but I enjoyed his interactions with the Fam.
  5. "Khan and Sinclair with the key questions."
  6. "Prepare Final Warning Missile". Strax would love these guys.
  7. "Beware the Lone Cyberman. Don't give it what it wants."  
  8. "You don't know what  Cybermen is yet, do you?"  I call BS on this.  The Cybermen have invaded the Earth on a planet-wide scale at least four times in the last fifty years.
  9. "Never been a fan of growing up."
  10. So, Ruth is the Doctor, or a Doctor, anyhow. 
  11. "Is there even a word for how dumb you are?"  "'Doctor'?"
  12. If Time Lords from the past can show up, then the destruction of Gallifrey means nothing.
  13. Cliffhanger: Multiple alerts across three continents!
  14. Afterthought:  What was Lee thinking, buying a cake form a guy he knew hated him?

Overall:  I quite liked this episode overall. Interesting seeing Thirteen off-balance and uncertain.  I'm assuming that Ruth is meant to be a pre-Hartnell Doctor, an idea that I've never liked, but which has been floating around fandom for decades.

Views: 73

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

From the moment the word "fugitive" was used, I figured it was Ruth. Of course, there's no way I could have guessed who she "really" is. this episode introduces a huge EYKIW (Everything You Know is Wrong) which will be expanded upon later (as you already know by now). 

Captain Jack becomes the second person to mistake Graham for the Doctor.

Captain Jack seems almost a caricature of himself here.

To be honest, I always thought that Jack was a bit of a caricature.

Jeff of Earth-J said:

From the moment the word "fugitive" was used, I figured it was Ruth. Of course, there's no way I could have guessed who she "really" is. this episode introduces a huge EYKIW (Everything You Know is Wrong) which will be expanded upon later (as you already know by now). 

Captain Jack becomes the second person to mistake Graham for the Doctor.

Captain Jack seems almost a caricature of himself here.

I gather Ruth is now officially known as the "Fugitive Doctor."

Speaking of whom, my theory is that she must be inserted between the Second Doctor and the Third Doctor because we've seen all of the other regenerations with our own eyes. [NOTE: She couldn't be before the First because her TARDIS is already stuck in the shape of a police box.]

Well, she could, but it would be a heck of a coincidence.



Jeff of Earth-J said:

Speaking of whom, my theory is that she must be inserted between the Second Doctor and the Third Doctor because we've seen all of the other regenerations with our own eyes. [NOTE: She couldn't be before the First because her TARDIS is already stuck in the shape of a police box.]

What if the TARDIS CHOSE
to "stick" in the form of a police box BECAUSE it was trying to awaken the Doctor's repressed memories of former lives ...
(runs away snickering...)

It's as good a reason as any.  

Doctor Hmmm? said:

What if the TARDIS CHOSE
to "stick" in the form of a police box BECAUSE it was trying to awaken the Doctor's repressed memories of former lives ...
(runs away snickering...)

I thought I had come up with that.  Can't  seem to find any proof, however.

Jeff of Earth-J said:

Speaking of whom, my theory is that she must be inserted between the Second Doctor and the Third Doctor because we've seen all of the other regenerations with our own eyes. [NOTE: She couldn't be before the First because her TARDIS is already stuck in the shape of a police box.]

This post from 7/7/2020 at 9:25 a.m. is the one I was thinking of, specifically, 
my note that 

"If you really want to stretch a point, we never actually see Troughton turn into Pertwee."


The Baron said:

I thought I had come up with that.  Can't  seem to find any proof, however.

Jeff of Earth-J said:

Speaking of whom, my theory is that she must be inserted between the Second Doctor and the Third Doctor because we've seen all of the other regenerations with our own eyes. [NOTE: She couldn't be before the First because her TARDIS is already stuck in the shape of a police box.]

Building on the good Doctor's theory, let me suggest the following scenario:

At some point in the Pre-Hartnell Doctor's (hereafter "PrHD") career, their TARDIS' chameleon circuit became faulty and it became stuck in the form of a police box.  

The PrHD came to prefer their TARDIS in this form  (It may also be that the TARDIS itself prefers this form - note that when the Colin Baker Doctor "fixed" the chameleon circuit in "Attack of the Cybermen", it reverted to police box form very quickly.)

At some point, the PrHD stopped working for the Division and was returned to Gallifrey with their memories suppressed and their TARDIS was put in the repair shop and some work was done on its chameleon circuit.

(Note that in his first story, the Hartnell Doctor seemed surprised that the chameleon circuit had stopped working.)

At some point after that,  the Hartnell Doctor decided to steal a TARDIS and flee Gallifrey with Susan.  Note that in "The Name of  the Doctor", we see the Great Goddess Clara directing him to a specific TARDIS, knowing (However the Hell she knew anything) that it was the same TARDIS that the PrHD used, and which once again fixed itself in the form of a police box at its earliest opportunity.

Note also that both times they arrested the Post-Hartnell Doctor (PoHD), the Time Lords never charged him with stealing a TARDIS, maybe because the TARDIS he took was actually his.


Doctor Hmmm? said:

What if the TARDIS CHOSE
to "stick" in the form of a police box BECAUSE it was trying to awaken the Doctor's repressed memories of former lives ...
(runs away snickering...)

"I thought I had come up with that."

"Mine" in the sense that I ascribe to it, not that I came up with it. ;)

"Let me suggest the following scenario..."

"My" thought is that "it would be a heck of a coincidence."

"Continuity was what the writer could remember on a given day."  -Terrance Dicks

It is fun trying to make sense out of it all, though.  

Jeff of Earth-J said:

"I thought I had come up with that."

"Mine" in the sense that I ascribe to it, not that I came up with it. ;)

"Let me suggest the following scenario..."

"My" thought is that "it would be a heck of a coincidence."

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2021   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service