1)I liked the idea of the space salvage team - the interaction between them was interesting.

2)"Don't get into a spaceship with a madman. Didn't anyone ever teach you that?" Dude, that's the whole show!

3)When the one guy tears open the console, I heard the voices of Susan, the  Ninth Doctor and Amy. Couldn't pull out any others.

4)"History of the TIme War" - who wrote that one? Him?

5)"So that's who..."  I'm telling you, his real name is "Keith Who".

6)"The TARDIS is leaking." "Leaking what?" "The past."  Could be worse, could be leaking oil.

7)"You're just Clara, aren't you?"  Yes, she's just Clara! Now, get on with it!

8)So, he solves it all by essentially hitting the re-set button? Mister Resetti does not approve!

resettissbb.jpg

Overall:  Kind of a so-so episode - not really the exploration of the TARDIS interior one might have hoped for.  It may seem strange, but I think I liked it better when the TARDIS interior looked like a disused mental hospital, the way it did in "Invasion of Time".

You need to be a member of Captain Comics to add comments!

Join Captain Comics

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• The Baron Said:
    And I responded ;)
    3)When the one guy tears open the console, I heard the voices of Susan, the Ninth Doctor and Amy. Couldn't pull out any others.

Actually, I didn’t hear Susan or Amy in there. If it hadn’t been for running the subtitles, there were a lot of little easter eggs in there I would have missed if not for closed captioning.

4)"History of the TIme War" - who wrote that one? Him?

Yeah, but the movie will never be as good ;)

5)"So that's who..." I'm telling you, his real name is "Keith Who".

Actually it is Watt. People have been saying it for years. WATT is The Doctor’s name (Thanks to Abbot and Costello) ;)

8)So, he solves it all by essentially hitting the re-set button? Mister Resetti does not approve!

I agree. One of the main premises of the show is that it is NOT ‘Groundhog Day’. You don’t keep getting a kick at the can until you get it right. I found the whole thing a great big DEM (Deus Ex Machina)on a par with the ‘Happy Ending Circuit’ in the 1996 movie which brought Chang and Grace back to life at the end.

Overall: Kind of a so-so episode - not really the exploration of the TARDIS interior one might have hoped for. It may seem strange, but I think I liked it better when the TARDIS interior looked like a disused mental hospital, the way it did in "Invasion of Time".

That could be BECAUSE it actually was a disused hospital (Don’t recall if it was a Mental Institution though) but I agree ‘Invasion of Time’ was a representation of the TARDIS interiors I prefer to this one. This story had admittedly more downs than ups as far as I am concerned, especially in terms of the resolution and additionally, the Clara mystery could have been cleared up using this story in a much less convoluted way (Think Tom Baker’s ‘City of Death’) and I also kept hoping that we find out the stories monsters were actually a colony of Exxilons from the Jon Pertwee story, ‘Death to the Daleks’ (There was one we saw get in and attack Sarah Jane but we never saw him leave. He could STILL BE IN THERE!) If I were to grade the story, I would say B-. Not bad not great but with a bit more work, could have been a LOT better as far as I am concerned.
  • 5)"So that's who..." I'm telling you, his real name is "Keith Who".

Actually it is Watt. People have been saying it for years. WATT is The Doctor’s name (Thanks to Abbot and Costello) ;)

"I Don't Know". Third Base!
  • I found the whole thing a great big DEM (Deus Ex Machina)on a par with the ‘Happy Ending Circuit’ in the 1996 movie which brought Chang and Grace back to life at the end.

I guess we'll have to change "Davies ex machina" to "Deus ex Moffata"...

• I got the feeling that the TARDIS interior is as flexible in shape and appearance as the exterior. If that part of it was working.

This reply was deleted.