Doctor Who Reactions: "Sleep No More" (SPOILERS)

1)They're all Japanese-Indians?

2)"You'll consider yourself..."  "Part of the furniture?"

3"Sleep dust?"

4)"You don't get to name things!"

Overall: Another one that I wasn't all that overwhelmed by. So, what, the bad guys win in the end? It felt too disjointed, almost confusing for the sake of being confusing. Not well-written at all.

You need to be a member of Captain Comics to add comments!

Join Captain Comics

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Well, the Sleep Dust Monsters is arguably a better name than the Eye Crud Monsters (which is what you'd have ended up with if you grew up in my house.)

• The “station under siege” scenario is classic if done well, trite if not. I really liked the Sand Creatures themselves, but it seems as if the story was written around the creatures themselves. On the old show, the writers sometimes overestimated the special effects of the day in that things born of a writer’s imagination sometimes just couldn’t be realized on the small screen with the budget of the day. This episode seemed almost the opposite, as if the monsters were conceived first, then a writer was assigned to write a show around them.

The multiple POV cameras was done first, and to better effect, in The Blair Witch Project. I began watching in effort to guess the POV of the shot, and it soon became obvious that some of the shots were from the points of view of those not even wearing helmets. I know now that’s the point, but I didn’t think of it as a clue; I just thought it was sloppy editing. Maybe it’ll “watch” better on subsequent viewings. I never did figure out what the b&w shots were supposed to be. At first I thought they were from stationary cameras, not helmet cams, but once it was revealed there were no helmet cams, shouldn’t all the shots have been in color?

• Eye-booger monsters.

• I'd forgotten my initial dislike for this episode. Having re-watched it several times, it's kind of grown on me.

This reply was deleted.