1) Sounds like he's re-telling "The Androids of Tara".

2)Ah, there's the box from "The War Games".

3)OK, the bit with Amy giving the premise before the opening titles has got to go.  Who are they trying to reach with that, the five people in Britain who don't know what Doctor Who is about?

4)"Sorry about the mad person."

5)"Where's my thief?"

6)"You want to be forgiven." "Don't we all?"

7)"I'm the TARDIS." "No, you're not - you're a bitey mad lady."  I used to go out with a bitey mad lady.  Gosh, I miss her.

8)"You stole me, and I stole you."

9)"After seven hundred years, he finally asks."

10)"So, are we having fun yet?"

11)"The pretty one?"

12)Be funny if it hads been the Hartnell console room.

13)"Hello - I'm Sexy."

14)"Another Ood I failed to save."

15)"Fear me, I've killed hundred of Time Lords."  "Fear me. I've killed all of them."

16)"The only water in the forest is the river."  Ah, well, we knew she was coming back at some point.

17)"The Eye of Orion" - a callback to "The Five Doctors".

Overall:  An interesting idea, somewhat imperfectly executed. Some nice, snappy dialogue from Gaiman. I have often wondered how it would play out for the Doctor if he discovered a colony of Time Lords in e-space or someplace.  I remember the scene where the Tenth Doctor told the Master what he'd done, and the Master seemed somewhat envious.  I  have to wonder what the reaction would be if the Doctor found Susan or Romana alive somewhere and had to tell them.

You need to be a member of Captain Comics to add comments!

Join Captain Comics

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• 3. That is only only on the international prints of the show..doesn't. Show up on iTunes or the UK.

I loved this episode.
  • Ah, I see - that makes a little more sense.

They'll be released on disk in July, then I'll be able to watch them with the subtitles, so I can know what everyone is saying.

• Be funny if it hads been the Hartnell console room.

I thought so, too. That would have been brilliant! (Like when Scotty opens the D-holodeck to the original Enterprise's bridge.) For all the grumbling early on about the new TARDIS, when I saw the the RTD one I was a little disappointed, like taking a step backwards.
  • According to Neil, he would have loved to use a older console room, but all those sets are gone. The RTD one was still around and Neil asked them to keep it when he started writing the episode.
  • I figured it was something like that. It would've been insanely expensive to build an entire set just for what would've been a one-shot gag.
  • Rebuilding would be problematic, but they certainly could have CGI'd it in somehow at a fraction of the cost (though possibly more time consuming).

The Baron said:

I figured it was something like that. It would've been insanely expensive to build an entire set just for what would've been a one-shot gag.
  • This is the BBc - why spend money on CGI when we have a perfectly good set lying around...
  • Like some people with cars, the Doctor has always referred to the TARDIS in female terms at times throughout the years, and it's always been believed/hinted at, since towards the end of the Tom Baker era, that the machine might also be a bit emphatic, so this episode made perfect sense in regards to the Doctor/TARDIS relationship.

Imagine sitting alone, isolated, "decommissioned", not knowing what your final fate might be, when someone comes along and rescues you.

It has been firmly established since The Brain of Moribus that while there were no versions of the Doctor before William Hartnell, that his Doctor had A LOT of adventures before we first saw him in that salvage yard at the beginning of An Unearthly Child back in 1963. I wonder if we'll ever get to discover any of them?

• Imagine sitting alone, isolated, "decommissioned", not knowing what your final fate might be, when someone comes along and rescues you.

David Wilcox wrote a song about that.

• Mark, et al:

Susan Foreman's (the last name based upon the name of the salvage yard where the TARDIS was parked at the beginning of An Unearthly Child) actual relationship with the Doctor was never officially established in the series; despite the fact that she kept referring to the Doctor as "Grandfather" (something she did as late as her last appearance during the 20th anniversary special: The Five Doctors) and that the Doctor has admitted, at least in later years, that at one point he did have a family!

This reply was deleted.