Doctor Who Reactions: "The Ark" (SPOILERS)

The Steel Sky

1)The Monoids are sufficiently goofy-looking. I can't think why our Steven hasn't brought them back.

2)"Have you been frootling about in my wardrobe?"

Colonel "Bat"  Guano: "If you go trying any frootling about in there, I'll blow your head off."

3)"The Monoids acquaint us of intruders."

4)"No, me nose is running."  Ah, back at the start of Jackie Lane's run, when she was still occasionally trying to sound "Cockney".

5)"Nero, the Trojan Wars, the Daleks - but all that happened in the first segment of time."

6)Cliffhanger #1: Everyone may die of the cold!

The Plague

7)This is interesting - the show has never really addressed much the idea that they might be spreading germs all around space and time. The Doctor pretty much just doesn't want to think about it.

8)"You still fear the unknown, like everyone else before you."

9)Good grief, what kind of plague was Dodo carrying?

10)"Now, once this crisis is over, I am going to teach you to speak English."

11)"Yes, I know I'm a bit of a quack..."

12)"The last moment has come."  It looked better in "The End of the World".

13)Cliffhanger #2: The statue is a Monoid!

The Return

14)"It appears the Monoids have become overlords."

15)I wonder if the Refusians are related to the Spiridons?

16)That Monoid had a nice trip in the doorway.

17)Cliffhanger #3: The Doctor and Dodo are stranded on Refusis II.

The Bomb

18)"What about the bomb?"  Good question.

19)OK, there were clearly some strings involved with those launchers.

20)Humans and Monoids having to learn to get along - it's like a precursor to the humans and Hath.

21)Cliffhanger #4: The Doctor sneezed so had he turned invisible!

Another fairly good story, where they tried something new. I think the First Doctor, Steven and Dodo are a pretty good team! 

You need to be a member of Captain Comics to add comments!

Join Captain Comics

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• The Ark? Y'know, I'd pay real money to see the Doctor teamed up with Professor Henry Jones, Jr.

• Cavaliere said:
    The Ark? Y'know, I'd pay real money to see the Doctor teamed up with Professor Henry Jones, Jr.

1936043146?profile=original 1936045119?profile=original
  • Watched part one and all the special features last night.

When I was in junior high school, my brother bought me a subscription to Omni magazine for a birthday or something. The Monoids looks like every weird painting every used within its pages.

I like Dodo. Too bad so many of her stories are wholly or partially missing. I guess we’ve still got “The Gunfighters” to look forward to. Also, the audio version of “The Massacre of St. Bartholomew’s Eve” will be released next month.

I like that phrase “the first segment of time.” I think it’s open to interpretation.
  • Also, the audio version of “The Massacre of St. Bartholomew’s Eve” will be released next month.

Have you seen any official confirmation of what's in that box set?  Amazon's not helpful.
  • Jeff of Earth-J said:
    When I was in junior high school, my brother bought me a subscription to Omni magazine for a birthday or something. The Monoids looks like every weird painting every used within its pages.

Threadjack! Would you know if Omni ever ran comic strips?
  • Have you seen any official confirmation of what's in that box set? Amazon's not helpful.

"The Daleks' Master Plan" and "The Massacre of St. Bartholomew’s Eve."

Threadjack! Would you know if Omni ever ran comic strips?

Not that I know of.
  • Thanks. I saw a collection once of a SF strip, and I've not been able to figure out what it was. I thought the volume said the strip was from Omni, but I've never been able to find an indication on the net it ran comics, so I guess it wasn't.

• From the Omni magazine wiki: "An equally short-lived spinoff magazine called OMNI Comix debuted in 1995, and was published in the same glossy, newsstand magazine format as its sister publications OMNI, Penthouse and Penthouse Comix. OMNI Comix ran for only three issues, and the third and final issue featured an abortive revival of the classic 1960's superhero series The THUNDER Agents."

Here are the covers: http://www.milehighcomics.com/cgi-bin/backissue.cgi?action=list&amp...

Could that be what you're thinking of?

• I'm interested to learn that existed, as it's a US comics title I hadn't heard of: but I saw the volume in question a decade or more earlier. I think the two protagonists, a man and woman, were able to release naked, bald versions of themselves they called their anti-matter selves. In the first story the male protagonist, an astronaut, underwent a transformation into this form and had a thought balloon along the lines "name astronaut is no more, now there is name, child of the sun". The stories had some sexual content.

• It might have been from Omni; I had a subsription for only one or two years. Omni Comix sounds vaguely familiar (now that I've looked it up), but the feature you describe sounds more like something from Marvel's Epic Illustrated.
This reply was deleted.