1)Another Doctor Who story where the reveal of Episode One is wrecked by the story title.
2)Sarah spent most of this wearing a dire yellow rain outift - although she somehow managed to change her pants at the end of Part Two!
3)The robot is pretty dire.
4)In the future, space colonists will sound South African, for some reason. Terry Walsh played Zake in Part One, and was the Doctor in a good chunk of Part Two!
5)Kevin Lindsay was good - he managed to make Styre subtly different from Linx. The bit with his hear deflating at the end was a bit comical, however.
6)Some fun quotes:
- "Harry, I'm not a thing!"
- "The female of the species." Yes, she is.
- "The moron was of no further use to me."
- "You unspeakable abimination!" This was right about where Baker cracked his collarbone. You can see him using his scarf as a sling after this. Hinchcliffe says on the commentary that he freaked out when this happened, afraid he'd lost his leading man on his second story as producer.
- "Never throw anything away, Harry."
- "It's a mistake to clutter one's pockets, Harry."
- "What are you up to, you lump of filth?" Man, if I had a nickel for every time I've been asked that question...
- "Do you think these puny creatures could conquer half a galaxy?"
- "Alright - come to your death!"
- "I shall kill you all now - but first, I have more important tasks to perform."
- "Next time, Earthling, we shall utterly destroy you!" Next time, Gadget, next time!
- Part One: Linx Styre takes off his hat!
- Part Two: The Doctor, Sarah and Harry beam out!
Not a bad litte two-parter. For such a small country, Britain sure has alot of blasted, forsaken-looking wilderness.
[Part of list of Doctor Who episodes here.]