Part One:

1)"Compassion is a noble thing, Citizen - also costly."

2)"Cassius"?

3)"Entreat, master. I'll be good."

4)"Perhaps everyone runs from the taxman."

5)"You touch me again and I'll fillet you."

6)Cliffhanger #1: The Doctor is trapped in the ATM!

Part Two:

7)"Before I die, I'll see this place ankle-deep in blood.  That is a promised thing."

8)"Don't leave it in long, it gets frizzy."

9)"To err is computer." "To forgive is fine?"

10)Cliffhanger #2: The guards close in on Leela and her pals!

Part Three:

11)"Yes, K9. What do you want, a biscuit?"

12)"What have you got to lose?" "Only your claims."

13)"Oligarchic rulers of the planet Gallifrey" - A suggestion, perhaps, that not all Gallifreyans were Time Lords?

14)"He has a long history of violence and of economic subversion."

15)"It's an insult. The Droges of Gabrielides offered a whole star system for my head once."

16)Cliffhanger #3: Leela is getting steamed!

Part Four:

17)"That fish-blooded sadist had Leela's casket wired for sound."

18)"Without fail, Monstrosity, without fail."

19)Wow, Jameson's hot in this!

20)"Grinding oppression of the masses is the only policy that pays dividends."

21)Hade's death is amusing and disturbing at the same time.

22)"Nobody understands. Business is business."

23)"Would you take orders from alump of seaweed?"

Overall:  Well, I quite enjoyed this. Another good script from the great man - had a little trouble with the Inland Revenue, did we, Mr. Holmes? Good performances from the leads, and some great turns from the guest cast, particularly the actors playing Hade and the Collector.

You need to be a member of Captain Comics to add comments!

Join Captain Comics

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I watched part one last night, or at least I tried to. I wait a month for each new release, then I fall asleep on the couch. I must be getting old.
  • Yeah, you're old.
  • I can't help but feel this is yet another example of a Doctor Who script being let down by the show's budget... and it's not even special effects so much this time as it is simply sets and costumes. I thought the Collector and the Gatherer were very "Jack Kirby"; some of the background machinery tried to be, but the set designers just couldn't pull it off. The premise is a bit simplistic, but the story behind it adds a new level.
  • I can't help but feel this is yet another example of a Doctor Who script being let down by the show's budget...

Wait'll you see The Happiness Patrol...

• Now all of the stories with Leela have been released except for her very first one. I would have liked to've seen that higher up on the list.
  • Yeah, re-watching some of her stories has given me a new appreciation for Louise Jameson's performance in this.
  • Leela is a character who has continued to grow on me over the years. This, despite limited costume budget (I'd have preferred her wearing different outfits in each story, and really preferred the "brown" savage outfit over the "white" one, which just made her look like a hooker) and the way they discarded the "Eliza Doolittle" character growth theme after TALONS...

Last year I found myself really enjoying watching her stories again, and to my shock, found her somehow more attractive than Sarah-Jane.  (How did THAT happen?)

One thing that stands out about her for me is how, despite limited knowledge, she's VERY intelligent.  And, for someone who grew up in a jungle, VERY well-spoken. I also get a kick out of how she tends to "protect" the Doctor, instead of the other way round.

As it happens, she's the only actor on the show I ever got to have a one-on-one chat with at a convention. Very classy lady.

• Re-watching this, I can't help thinking that the modern show probably wouldn't have the "good guys" tossing someone off a building to his death.

This reply was deleted.