Doctor Who Reactions: "The Timeless Children" (SPOILERS)

1. “Assassinated presidents” - a callback to “The Deadly Assassin”.
  2. I liked the little moment between Graham and Yaz.
  3. Are you suffering comfortably?”
  4. “Tecteun was the first of Gallifrey’s indigenous race, the Shobogans, to develop space travel.” The Shobogans also go back to “The Deadly Assassin”.
  5. The origin of the Time Lords!
  6. “You are the Timeless Child.” I’ve never been wild about the idea of pre-Hartnell Doctors, but it’s not a deal-breaker for me.
  7. “The Division” What, the CIA* wasn’t good enough for you, Chris? I’d love to know why they needed the Doctor to spend a lifetime as an Irish cop.
  8. The Cybermasters are an interesting idea, but for some reason, I’m not overwhelmed by them.
  9. “For Gallifrey! For the Time Lords! For the end of the universe itself!” A callback to “The End of Time”.
  10. “I’ve fought the Matrix before, denied its reality.” “The Deadly Assassin” again, and “The Trial of a Time Lord”.
  11. I like the memory montage. The inclusion of the Morbius Doctors vindicates Philip Hinchcliffe.
  12. Wouldn’t people notice a new house in the neighborhood? Do TARDISes have an SEP** field?
  13. Cliffhanger: The Doctor is arrested!

Overall:  A good wrap-up, leaving me looking forward to what happens next.  I think Whittaker really grew into the role this season. Next series will put her up against the ”Troughton Limit”, but I wouldn’t mind if she stayed a fourth.  I like Dhawan as the Master, but he does occasionally have his moments where I want to slap him and say “Dial it back a little!”  Overall, I enjoyed this series.

*Stands for “Celestial Intervention Agency”, also from “The Deadly Assassin”

**Stands for “Somebody Else’s Problem”

Views: 323

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It is also "The Five Doctors" (now that you mention it) in which the First Doctor says (to Tegan): "I might be any number of things, young lady. As it happens, I am the Doctor. The original, you might say. Number One." 

Actually, he doesn't say "Number One".

Jeff of Earth-J said:

It is also "The Five Doctors" (now that you mention it) in which the First Doctor says (to Tegan): "I might be any number of things, young lady. As it happens, I am the Doctor. The original, you might say. Number One." 

It was actually Locutus of Borg who said "Number One".

"Actually, he doesn't say 'Number One'."

Sorry, I was quoting from the Terrance Dicks novelization. 

(Picard later names his dog "Number One.") 

Yeah, Uncle Terrance wasn't afraid to change a line, especially if it was from one of his own scripts.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Latest Activity

Jeff of Earth-J replied to The Baron's discussion Movies I Have Seen Lately
"ANNIE: Another one we chose while flipping through the guide. When I was in high school we played a…"
43 minutes ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"Father and son robot fighters:"
54 minutes ago
Peter Wrexham replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"Next, Dennis's cousin (their Mums are sisters) Minnie the Minx with her parents.  On the…"
1 hour ago
Richard Willis replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
5 hours ago
The Baron posted a discussion

The World War Two Su[er-Hero I Would Tell If I Could Use Any Characters I wanted

If I could "recruit" whatever characters from whichever comics company I wished and tell any kind…See More
8 hours ago
ClarkKent_DC replied to Cavaliere (moderator emeritus)'s discussion What are you watching right now?
"I've got George Carlin's Class Clown on vinyl. I used to play it incessantly. He actually…"
13 hours ago
ClarkKent_DC replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"Yeah, but ... here on Earth-Prime, when they gave us the Smallville TV series, Ma and Pa Kent were…"
13 hours ago
ClarkKent_DC replied to ClarkKent_DC's discussion A Capitol Fourth -- Happy Independence Day!
"We ventured out yesterday for this year's rendition of A Capitol Fourth. This was the first…"
13 hours ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion Swamp Thing
"Thanks for the link! I forgot to mention that #78 was guest-written by Bissette (and…"
14 hours ago
Richard Willis posted a video

Paper Girls - Teaser Trailer | Prime Video

It's the day after Halloween in 1988 when four young friends accidentally stumble into an intense time war and find themselves inexplicably transported to th...
14 hours ago
Richard Willis replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion Swamp Thing
"A new interview with Stephen Bissette about his career and new work: INTERVIEW: Stephen Bissette…"
14 hours ago
Steve W replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"Enuf Supes - here's Archie."
14 hours ago

© 2022   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service