Doctor Who Reactions: "The Timeless Children" (SPOILERS)

1. “Assassinated presidents” - a callback to “The Deadly Assassin”.
  2. I liked the little moment between Graham and Yaz.
  3. Are you suffering comfortably?”
  4. “Tecteun was the first of Gallifrey’s indigenous race, the Shobogans, to develop space travel.” The Shobogans also go back to “The Deadly Assassin”.
  5. The origin of the Time Lords!
  6. “You are the Timeless Child.” I’ve never been wild about the idea of pre-Hartnell Doctors, but it’s not a deal-breaker for me.
  7. “The Division” What, the CIA* wasn’t good enough for you, Chris? I’d love to know why they needed the Doctor to spend a lifetime as an Irish cop.
  8. The Cybermasters are an interesting idea, but for some reason, I’m not overwhelmed by them.
  9. “For Gallifrey! For the Time Lords! For the end of the universe itself!” A callback to “The End of Time”.
  10. “I’ve fought the Matrix before, denied its reality.” “The Deadly Assassin” again, and “The Trial of a Time Lord”.
  11. I like the memory montage. The inclusion of the Morbius Doctors vindicates Philip Hinchcliffe.
  12. Wouldn’t people notice a new house in the neighborhood? Do TARDISes have an SEP** field?
  13. Cliffhanger: The Doctor is arrested!

Overall:  A good wrap-up, leaving me looking forward to what happens next.  I think Whittaker really grew into the role this season. Next series will put her up against the ”Troughton Limit”, but I wouldn’t mind if she stayed a fourth.  I like Dhawan as the Master, but he does occasionally have his moments where I want to slap him and say “Dial it back a little!”  Overall, I enjoyed this series.

*Stands for “Celestial Intervention Agency”, also from “The Deadly Assassin”

**Stands for “Somebody Else’s Problem”

Views: 320

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It is also "The Five Doctors" (now that you mention it) in which the First Doctor says (to Tegan): "I might be any number of things, young lady. As it happens, I am the Doctor. The original, you might say. Number One." 

Actually, he doesn't say "Number One".

Jeff of Earth-J said:

It is also "The Five Doctors" (now that you mention it) in which the First Doctor says (to Tegan): "I might be any number of things, young lady. As it happens, I am the Doctor. The original, you might say. Number One." 

It was actually Locutus of Borg who said "Number One".

"Actually, he doesn't say 'Number One'."

Sorry, I was quoting from the Terrance Dicks novelization. 

(Picard later names his dog "Number One.") 

Yeah, Uncle Terrance wasn't afraid to change a line, especially if it was from one of his own scripts.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Latest Activity

Captain Comics replied to Wandering Sensei: Moderator Man's discussion What Comic Books Have You Read Today?
"Ha! Yes, indeedy. The thing about the color-coded ratings is ... what is the point of a ratings…"
19 minutes ago
Lee Houston, Junior replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"I guess Neal Adams liked to branch out and stretch his artistic muscles from time to time, for I…"
55 minutes ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Captain Comics's discussion This Week in Comics: May 23-29, 2022
""But, but, but ...  I don't remember reading that.  I feel more ashamed than…"
58 minutes ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Wandering Sensei: Moderator Man's discussion What Comic Books Have You Read Today?
"I did not know about the color-coded ratings (not that I ever agree with ratings, anyway). Mine…"
1 hour ago
Captain Comics replied to Wandering Sensei: Moderator Man's discussion What Comic Books Have You Read Today?
"More FCBD: Did you know that the color of the logos on FCBD books has significance? I didn't…"
1 hour ago
Philip Portelli replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"As a kid, I had a coverless copy of this one!"
1 hour ago
Steve W replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"Action #364 June 1968."
1 hour ago
Fraser Sherman replied to The Baron's discussion HISTORY OF THE MARVEL UNIVERSE (SPOILERIFFIC!)
"Holmes is public domain now, so that's not a problem. To be clear, Waid didn't originate…"
2 hours ago
Mark Sullivan (Vertiginous Mod) replied to Wandering Sensei: Moderator Man's discussion What Comic Books Have You Read Today?
"Caught up on a couple of older things this weekend.  Shade, The Changing Girl Vol. 1: Earth…"
2 hours ago
Captain Comics replied to The Baron's discussion HISTORY OF THE MARVEL UNIVERSE (SPOILERIFFIC!)
"Now I'll have that song in my head all day."
3 hours ago
Captain Comics replied to Captain Comics's discussion This Week in Comics: May 23-29, 2022
"I wouldn't dare try!"
3 hours ago
The Baron replied to The Baron's discussion HISTORY OF THE MARVEL UNIVERSE (SPOILERIFFIC!)
"How about "Captain Cimmeria"?  Howard didn't invent the Cimmerians.…"
3 hours ago

© 2022   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service